PDA

View Full Version : SIU/NDSU video available on the internet

SalukiBand
11-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Don't know what your TV situation up there is but the SIU/NDSU is available on the internet through a service that SIU has called SalukiVision (http://www.salukivision.com). You need a high-speed internet connection (>1 Mbit/sec) to get a decent view of the game. I will warn you that it's basically a stationary camera and listening to the radio feed but it's better than trying to follow it on the radio. But our radio guy does an excellant job and is pretty fair both ways. It does cost $9.95 for a single game.

kchats
11-14-2005, 04:33 AM
I believe our own website is tapping into your feed. We have a link for a live webcast to the game on our site as well. They dub our radio guys over ours as well.

Bisonguy
11-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Thanks SalukiBand.

The GoBison All Access uses the same provider as SalukiVison (XOS), so they are sharing the feed. Seems like the SalukiVison is a little more expensive. NDSU's service is $7.95/ month with access to all home game archives and all of the coaches show archives.

BisonBacker
11-14-2005, 09:42 PM
So can you tell me is the video quality good? It was said it's only one camera view? Anyone that's used the service can you let me know since I was going to get this weekends game, Hell it's only $8 Bucks anyway but am still curious as to what I can expect. Thanks

roadwarrior
11-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I havent seen the Bison games on internet feed, but it sounds like the Fargodome does a better job than a single stationary camera that SIU has. The Fargodome video screens showed the replay of that non-fumble call about 3 or 4 times in the dome, and I assume that is what is fed to the internet.

kchats
11-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Yeah they feed the replays all the time. They do a good job of switching between cameras as well. It is almost like a televised game. Road is you are a subscriber check out a bit of an archived game to see what we see.

SalukiBand
11-15-2005, 02:36 AM
This is the first year that SIU has done any video like this for football. Plus, our facility is a relec from the 30's and 40's that needs to be torn down and start all over again. Basically, all bleachers with a couple of double-wide trailers on top for a press box.

Yes, there is a major capital project announced to build a new football stadium, renovate the basketball arena and build some new classroom buildings. All for around 250-300 million dollars. Now, we just gotta figure out how to pay for it. The state of Illinois is just about broke so it's going to be a tough sell.

NDSU_grad
11-15-2005, 02:42 AM
I believe our own website is tapping into your feed. *We have a link for a live webcast to the game on our site as well. *They dub our radio guys over ours as well.
I watched the SDSU on webcast but didn't have any audio (yes, I had my speakers on ;)). I could just hear the crowd noise and the PA announcer.

kchats
11-15-2005, 03:14 AM
They dubbed the radio feed over the video for a couple of the games but I never listened to that since I also get the Bison Zone and listen to the radio broadcast at the same time on there. The only drawback is the radio is about a play ahead of the video so you know what happened before it does.

JBB
11-15-2005, 03:29 AM
This is the first year that SIU has done any video like this for football. Plus, our facility is a relec from the 30's and 40's that needs to be torn down and start all over again. Basically, all bleachers with a couple of double-wide trailers on top for a press box.

Yes, there is a major capital project announced to build a new football stadium, renovate the basketball arena and build some new classroom buildings. All for around 250-300 million dollars. Now, we just gotta figure out how to pay for it. The state of Illinois is just about broke so it's going to be a tough sell.

Our video is new this yr too. *Its ok. *It sounds like your on a ten yr project or so to get some upgrades. *Thats a lot of money. We are trying to do our BB arena now. I think in a couple of yrs we might have it.