PDA

View Full Version : Road Game Choice

gabisonfan
09-19-2017, 07:22 PM
I am planning to go to either Indiana State (Terre Haute) or Youngstown for the early October games. Any recommendations given the choice? I will be driving from Atlanta area and am leaning toward Indiana State because it will be one less day for the trip.

Bison"FANatic"
09-19-2017, 07:25 PM
I am planning to go to either Indiana State (Terre Haute) or Youngstown for the early October games. Any recommendations given the choice? I will be driving from Atlanta area and am leaning toward Indiana State because it will be one less day for the trip.

Youngstown and hit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the NFL Hall of Fame if you have not been to those.

Bison 4 Life
09-19-2017, 07:26 PM

I'll be at both!

Indiana State will be boring. The stadium is lame and there aren't many people there. It will be a mellow time.

It will be my first time in Youngstown but I hear it's a garbage town full of garbage people. It might be a little more exciting.

roadwarrior
09-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Tough choice!

It's like choosing between Macomb and Vermillion.

Bison 4 Life
09-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Tough choice!

It's like choosing between Macomb and Vermillion.

Don't forget Springfield.

I've been to every conference town but Youngstown and Normal. I'm going to get them all this season.

BattleBorn
09-19-2017, 07:42 PM
I'm debating Youngstown, but definitely doing both ISUs. I made the mistake of stopping in Youngstown once and thought I was going to get murdered. Okay, maybe I'll end up in Youngstown too. Of course, feel free to stop by Kentucky's best Bison watch party at the O-Line in Louisville. I'll be hosting and need someone to help me hold the bar down.

Bison 4 Life
09-19-2017, 07:45 PM
I'm debating Youngstown, but definitely doing both ISUs. I made the mistake of stopping in Youngstown once and thought I was going to get murdered. Okay, maybe I'll end up in Youngstown too. Of course, feel free to stop by Kentucky's best Bison watch party at the O-Line in Louisville. I'll be hosting and need someone to help me hold the bar down.

I have floated the idea to my wife but something about travelling 2 hrs each way to go to a watch party has her questioning why she married me.

bri-dog
09-19-2017, 07:48 PM
I have floated the idea to my wife but something about travelling 2 hrs each way to go to a watch party has her questioning why she married me.

Just now??? :biggrin::hide:

UpstateBison
09-19-2017, 07:50 PM

I will be at both ISU's along with YSU. A group of us from the Charlotte area will be going to the YSU game. These are the closest games to Spartanburg, SC.

Bison 4 Life
09-19-2017, 07:51 PM
Just now??? :biggrin::hide:

http://media.giphy.com/media/pg87nWVeAQ6Ag/giphy.jpg

BattleBorn
09-19-2017, 07:52 PM

Bring the kids (if you have any) and buy her a bourbon. That should fix it. We'll have to meet up at the ISU games this year. I'll bring the hooch.

Bison 4 Life
09-19-2017, 07:52 PM
I will be at both ISU's along with YSU. A group of us from the Charlotte area will be going to the YSU game. These are the closest games to Spartanburg, SC.

Will my close personal friend Mark be there??!?!?!!?

Mr Meaty
09-19-2017, 08:47 PM

That is the only reason????

17>1
09-19-2017, 08:53 PM
I've never been to either, but if I was going to make recommendations I would refer to the game itself. Wouldn't the level of competition make more of a difference as to which game you would go to? Does a person really care what the stadium looks like, the amount of people there, or the atmosphere? Don't get me wrong, I would like those things to be great as well. But a chance to go see the Bison play a valley team on the road is my primary focus. I don't get why people feel the need to rip on other programs if they don't meet their expectations. We have something special in Fargo, and going on the road only reinforces that fact. I went to EWU and watched the Bison curb stomp the Eagles and had a great time. I didn't feel the need to come back and tell you there was empty seats, their fans were lame and quiet, and the atmosphere didn't match the FFD on Bison game day. Just my $.02.
Having said that I would say go to Youngstown because they usually give us a good game, and their coach is a sideshow, free entertainment. If you go to Indiana St, say hello to Grant Olson and give him a hearty Go Bison!!!

Bison 4 Life
09-19-2017, 08:56 PM
That is the only reason????

At that moment.

gumby013
09-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Youngstown would be the better of the two. The stadium isn't a dump. The football should be better. There will also be a significant number of Bison fans there thanks to the group from the Carolinas hosting the tailgate.

HerdBot
09-19-2017, 09:45 PM
Terre Haute would suck. Their stadium is D2 and fans don't show up to watch them. The Ice Castle is a cool venue and their fans actually care about the team.