PDA

View Full Version : Husker Board discussing NDSU after the loss to NIU

NovaBison
09-18-2017, 01:33 AM
Found this thread interesting... the fact that we even get brought up in the discussions says a lot.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/it-could-be-worse-we-could-have-lost-to-north-dakota-state.184897/

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2017, 01:42 AM
Found this thread interesting... the fact that we even get brought up in the discussions says a lot.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/it-could-be-worse-we-could-have-lost-to-north-dakota-state.184897/

the OP in that thread reminds me of Griz1952

Rock
09-18-2017, 01:48 AM
The condescending attitude is still very strong. Nebraska 2018?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
09-18-2017, 01:53 AM
So apparently big ten teams get better as the season goes on.

That must be the difference between FBS and FCS.

Hail bison
09-18-2017, 02:04 AM
Who gives a shit? If I were a Hawkeye or Husker fan, I'd look down at our level of football too (no matter what the team). In general, we've gotten a lot of respect. Maybe it's gone to our heads. Check that, it's gone to our heads

EC8CH
09-18-2017, 02:05 AM
They're right, the Bison would beat the Huskers. They wouldn't run up the score though out of respect for the home state of the Bison's star QB, LB, and WR.

Thanks Nebraska, nothing but respect!

23Bison
09-18-2017, 02:45 AM
Well there is only one way to settle their dispute. NDSU schedule both of them the same year one after the other.

Tony Almeida
09-18-2017, 03:13 AM
Some of those boys on that board are living in la la land...giving Iowa a hard time for losing to NDSU? Nebraska is an average G5 team at best and they have been for quite some time now. It's not the 90's anymore kids.

Hail bison
09-18-2017, 03:46 AM
Pull the fucking blinders off. Appreciate where we are at our level. I stress level. Beat big ten teams week after week? Jesus

56BISON73
09-18-2017, 03:46 AM
Some of those boys on that board are living in la la land...giving Iowa a hard time for losing to NDSU? Nebraska is an average G5 team at best and they have been for quite some time now. It's not the 90's anymore kids.

But they lost to Iowa last year. LOL The Husker fans in front of us were tools. Loud mouth idiots that had no clue how football is played.

EC8CH
09-18-2017, 03:51 AM
But they lost to Iowa last year. LOL The Husker fans in front of us were tools. Loud mouth idiots that had no clue how football is played.

And by lost, we're talking UN_ @ USD "lost".

56BISON73
09-18-2017, 04:25 AM
And by lost, we're talking UN_ @ USD "lost".

Oh yeah they got thumped.

Christopher Moen
09-18-2017, 05:07 AM
Dude (probably an incarnation of Nilknarf, BigDaddyKane, etc.) who started thread states that Iowa started the 2016 weak and got stronger throughout the season. Apparently he's a troll who doesn't do research before posting.

I swear the guy's handle has been on our forum (TheMat.com) and makes me think he might be a former employee at USAW. That individual had a weird infatuation with Nebraska and Iowa despite not attending either school.

bisonmike2
09-18-2017, 01:17 PM
I still don't know why they hired Riley to coach the Huskers. He never seemed like good fit. Barely .500 career record. Apparently he is the nicest guy ever, which is good if your running a charity but gets you exactly 0 wins. And yes, Any of our teams from the past 6 years would destroy this years Nebraska team.

JMB
09-18-2017, 04:25 PM
I feel for Nebraska fans. They are a very passionate fanbase, just like the Hawkeyes. (The gophers, not so much, I work in the twin cities and rarely see rabid Gopher fans). What is worse for Nebraska is that they have been to the promised land. Heck they may have arguably one of the best college football teams ever in the 90's. The fall has been hard and painful for them.

BisonNeil
09-18-2017, 05:50 PM
I still don't know why they hired Riley to coach the Huskers. He never seemed like good fit. Barely .500 career record. Apparently he is the nicest guy ever, which is good if your running a charity but gets you exactly 0 wins. And yes, Any of our teams from the past 6 years would destroy this years Nebraska team.

Agreed. I did a graphic comparison of Mike Riley's career at Oregon State and Brady Hoke's career at Michigan. Wins per season on vertical axis and five years on horizontal. They had almost the exact slope but Hoke was 1 or 2 wins better each season but it was a negative (declining) slope over time. The Riley line was in red, the Hoke line in blue. The caption read that the red line gets you hired at Nebraska, the blue line gets you fired at Michigan. I sent it to about a dozen Husker fans. Man did I piss them off :(

HandoEX
09-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Listening to Husker talk radio in the car and a caller just mentioned North Dakota State being superior to the Huskers. It's full-blown meltdown time in Lincoln.

HandoEX
09-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Another caller just brought up NDSU in AM590 put of Lincoln. We are so big time.

Mr Meaty
09-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Another caller just brought up NDSU in AM590 put of Lincoln. We are so big time.

Well if you quit calling in......

Tony Almeida
09-18-2017, 08:26 PM
Well if you quit calling in......Ten Char LOL!

A1pigskin
09-19-2017, 01:12 AM
The fact they are talking about NDSU is interesting. Obviously they are wishing they had a team like NDSU.

tjbison
09-19-2017, 01:28 AM
everyone wishes they could win, Huskers are a hot mess right now

NovaBison
09-19-2017, 01:30 AM
The fact they are talking about NDSU is interesting. Obviously they are wishing they had a team like NDSU.

That was what I was thinking when I posted it... that we are in the discussion is pretty telling. They would never have this thread about any other FCS team.

GOBISON123
09-19-2017, 05:40 AM
Pull the fucking blinders off. Appreciate where we are at our level. I stress level. Beat big ten teams week after week? Jesus

Yes with 23 extra players and better depth.

THEsocalledfan
09-19-2017, 01:34 PM
I get a kick out of this thread. No, we would not be a top team in the B1G, even with 22 more scholies. Could we beat lower level B1G teams regularly, even right now? You bet your ass we could, year in year out. Biggest issue is how our depth would hold up if we had a bunch of those games which would be hard if only 63 scholies, but very possible with 85. So, folks who dream of FBS, come back to reality as there is no point outside a P5 league and we'll never get that invite, ever. And to those who don't appreciate just how high the level these guys play, I'd sure have thought the piss pounding of Colorado St and Iowa St, not to mention the beating of excellent Iowa and K St. teams would help you realize they can regularly compete with many P5 schools. (I know Colorado st is not p5, but we did pound them like a P5 school would) As always, the truth is in between.

thebootfitter
09-19-2017, 04:04 PM
I get a kick out of this thread. No, we would not be a top team in the B1G, even with 22 more scholies.
I dunno... depends on what you mean by "a top team." In the top half? I suspect there are many arguments that could be made to support that idea. (Even looking at Sagarin and Massey over the last five years I believe puts us in the top half of the B1G.)

Would we be expected to be a top 1 or 2 team in the B1G? Probably not. But considering that the Bison have been ranked by computer models over the past 6 years as between a top 15-ish to top 60-ish team in all of college football, even with 22 fewer schollies and an FCS label, I wouldn't be surprised if we could consistently be a top-25 team at the FBS level. That would likely put us generally among the top 3 teams or so in the B1G.

Bison 4 Life
09-19-2017, 04:05 PM
I think we could be every bit as successful as Iowa. We recruit a lot of the same people. Neither is an attractive place to anyone who would go to the SEC but who cares?

THEsocalledfan
09-19-2017, 04:48 PM
I dunno... depends on what you mean by "a top team." In the top half? I suspect there are many arguments that could be made to support that idea. (Even looking at Sagarin and Massey over the last five years I believe puts us in the top half of the B1G.)

Would we be expected to be a top 1 or 2 team in the B1G? Probably not. But considering that the Bison have been ranked by computer models over the past 6 years as between a top 15-ish to top 60-ish team in all of college football, even with 22 fewer schollies and an FCS label, I wouldn't be surprised if we could consistently be a top-25 team at the FBS level. That would likely put us generally among the top 3 teams or so in the B1G.

I meant regularly competing for the title. Invite will never happen anyway..... In general, pretty sure we are on the same page.

wagsabison
09-19-2017, 05:04 PM
Funny how some on there think there is no way we would have beaten them last year but they lost to Iowa bad... who we beat. :facepalm:

LikeMothers
09-19-2017, 05:11 PM

Well if you quit calling in......

The second one was Mike from Sioux Falls.

thebootfitter
09-19-2017, 05:15 PM
The second one was Mike from Sioux Falls.
That fuggin' guy! ;-)

Bison 4 Life
09-19-2017, 05:19 PM
That fuggin' guy! ;-)

Ryan Gellner had a certain way of announcing him so you kind of felt like that's what he was thinking

thebootfitter
09-19-2017, 05:34 PM
I meant regularly competing for the title. Invite will never happen anyway..... In general, pretty sure we are on the same page.
Yeah, I agree on all three items. Wouldn't regularly compete for B1G title. Won't get an invite. And that makes us on the same page.

THEsocalledfan
09-19-2017, 08:29 PM
That fuggin' guy! ;-)

Dude is a genius. Wonder what happened to him?

MAKBison
09-19-2017, 08:41 PM

Correct... this is not (does not have to be NDSU's) ceiling.

BisonNeil
09-19-2017, 10:46 PM
I get a kick out of this thread. No, we would not be a top team in the B1G, even with 22 more scholies. Could we beat lower level B1G teams regularly, even right now? You bet your ass we could, year in year out. Biggest issue is how our depth would hold up if we had a bunch of those games which would be hard if only 63 scholies, but very possible with 85. So, folks who dream of FBS, come back to reality as there is no point outside a P5 league and we'll never get that invite, ever. And to those who don't appreciate just how high the level these guys play, I'd sure have thought the piss pounding of Colorado St and Iowa St, not to mention the beating of excellent Iowa and K St. teams would help you realize they can regularly compete with many P5 schools. (I know Colorado st is not p5, but we did pound them like a P5 school would) As always, the truth is in between.

I think your point is supported by the fact that NDSU competes regularly with Wyoming for the same recruits, many we win, some we lose, but they are trying to win with 85 of the same guys NDSU plays. Same with the MAC. MAC schools and Wyoming get piss pounded by the top B1G schools year in and year out.

thebootfitter
09-20-2017, 07:16 PM
I think your point is supported by the fact that NDSU competes regularly with Wyoming for the same recruits, many we win, some we lose, but they are trying to win with 85 of the same guys NDSU plays. Same with the MAC. MAC schools and Wyoming get piss pounded by the top B1G schools year in and year out.
That ignores the mystique of Bison Pride, though!

Seriously... I think you can take the same players, put them in different environments with different coaches and expect different results. I don't believe NDSU would get piss pounded by the top B1G schools even now. I doubt we'd win, but it would be a respectable loss, in my opinion.

thebootfitter
09-20-2017, 07:19 PM
Deleted... Double Post.

THEsocalledfan
09-21-2017, 11:48 AM
That ignores the mystique of Bison Pride, though!

Seriously... I think you can take the same players, put them in different environments with different coaches and expect different results. I don't believe NDSU would get piss pounded by the top B1G schools even now. I doubt we'd win, but it would be a respectable loss, in my opinion.

Firmly agree. The top team in the B1G, Ohio St, would probably beat NDSU by about 20. And, knowing NDSU, they'd play them tough as long as they could, and it would not get away from them until the 3rd or 4th Qt.

NDSUstudent
09-21-2017, 06:11 PM
Nebraska just canned their AD....Stick a fork in Riley, he's done.

ByeSonBusiness
09-21-2017, 06:20 PM
And, knowing NDSU, they'd play them tough as long as they could

Warning...smartass post coming... don't all teams play them tough as long as they can?

BadlandsBison
09-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Nebraska just canned their AD....Stick a fork in Riley, he's done.

Paging Bill Callahan, Nebraska needs you now!

aces1180
09-21-2017, 06:41 PM
Hello Trev Alberts...

Bison 4 Life
09-21-2017, 06:43 PM
Hello Trev Alberts...

Maybe he can kill football for hockey there too.

Christopher Moen
09-21-2017, 07:01 PM
Maybe he can kill football for hockey there too.

Or wait a few hours after the football program wins a National Championship to kill it like he did with UNO's wrestling program. Of course, that was done to spite the wrestling coach, Mike Denney, who made the mistake of claiming that he (Mike) had survived many ADs and would be around a lot longer at UNO than Trev.

oldmantutters
09-22-2017, 06:03 AM
Any chance it's time to bring Bohl back to UN-L (assuming Riley doesn't survive the off-season)? He really is the kind of coach they need there. He would bring back the style of football that Nebraska was known for. A style that fits in the B1G. It's also in a recruiting footprint he is clearly comfortable with. Or are they too stubborn to bring him back?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

cbline
09-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Any chance it's time to bring Bohl back to UN-L (assuming Riley doesn't survive the off-season)? He really is the kind of coach they need there. He would bring back the style of football that Nebraska was known for. A style that fits in the B1G. It's also in a recruiting footprint he is clearly comfortable with. Or are they too stubborn to bring him back?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

May depend on how Wyoming does this year. We'll need to see if the 2016 season was just a flash in the pan for them or if they are having an actual turnaround.

THEsocalledfan
09-22-2017, 12:37 PM
I still took the Huskers -12.5 over Rutgers this week to cover. Thoughts?

GRAFTONBISON
09-25-2017, 08:17 PM

I think you may be wrong :biggrin:

CalBison97
09-26-2017, 03:18 AM

Shaky. Now if Nebraska was playing UND...

southcliffbison
09-27-2017, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=THEsocalledfan;1224464]I still took the Huskers -12.5 over Rutgers this week to cover. Thoughts?[/QUOT