PDA

View Full Version : Bye week talker:. What FCS program would you like to schedule a home and home with?

JMB
09-13-2017, 11:39 PM
So, EWU is visiting Fordham this week which is located in the Bronx. The team is taking some time to visit Ground Zero and taking in some sites. Made me think, what would be some interesting FCS schools that would be fun to visit and then host them back in Fargo?

My short list
1) Harvard - iconic stadium
2) Yale - iconic stadium
3) Fordham, Stony Brook or one of the Long Island Universities
4) Maine - to make up for 9/11
5) Grambling - just because of the heritage

Professor Chaos
09-13-2017, 11:47 PM
James Madison

ndsubison1
09-13-2017, 11:49 PM
Harvard or Yale would be cool. Ill say UNH or Maine. Good excuse to go out there and an area of the country Ive always wanted to go to. Wouldnt mind JMU or W&M either.

FCS Nation
09-14-2017, 12:01 AM
I'd LOVE to see a series between NDSU and The Citadel. I KNOW there have been talks between the two and don't be shocked to see something between the two schools in the future. Who doesn't want to go to Charleston?

The Citadel 48
Presbyterian 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWqd2xZtS38

Christopher Moen
09-14-2017, 12:23 AM
I'd LOVE to see a series between NDSU and The Citadel. I KNOW there have been talks between the two and don't be shocked to see something between the two schools in the future. Who doesn't want to go to Charleston?

The Citadel 48
Presbyterian 7

Ran a wrestling event there about ten years ago at the McAlister Field House. Unique campus. Although I've never eaten at White Castle, I sure felt I was at the mecca of White Castles.

No_Skill
09-14-2017, 12:27 AM
I think the ivies don't do ooc home and homes except with the PL. Something about being better than us, I think.

Oh yeah...and Montana St.

gumby013
09-14-2017, 12:28 AM
Villanova - Eagles game double weekend. I'll be doing this for the Delaware game.

JMU

JSU

Central Arkansas - for the crazy field

Mr Meaty
09-14-2017, 12:31 AM
JMU, Any Ivy and Jacksonville State

HerdBoy
09-14-2017, 12:32 AM
New Hampshire
Jacksonville State
Harvard

AKBison
09-14-2017, 12:38 AM
Unfortunately we are losing good ooc options almost yearly with all the solid fan base schools or traditional powers in the FCS moving up. Schools like GaSo, App, Coastal, Liberty, etc. JMU and EKU will leave as well so I put them on the top of my list as they both have multiple Natty's and would sell out if we showed up.

JMU
EKU
Harvard/Yale/Princeton
Montana
Idaho
SHU
McNeese
Central Arkansas
Citadel
UC Davis

Week zero @ Hawaii

Never again....
EWU
SUU
Remainder of Southland
SWAC
UND*

*ya I know

ndsubison1
09-14-2017, 01:05 AM
I think the ivies don't do ooc home and homes except with the PL. Something about being better than us, I think.

Oh yeah...and Montana St.

They play CAA teams

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2017, 01:05 AM

The Citadel 48
Presbyterian 7

The who? The what?
:biggrin:

FCS Nation
09-14-2017, 01:12 AM
The who? The what?
:biggrin:

VERY GLAD you asked THE questions in THE correct manner...

Bisonator98
09-14-2017, 01:16 AM
James Madison
Jacksonville State
Montana

MNLonghorn10
09-14-2017, 01:23 AM
None. 2020 can't come soon enough.

Bison 4 Life
09-14-2017, 01:25 AM
Dayton. Because I'd love to not travel hours to get to a game once.

UncleBuck
09-14-2017, 01:25 AM
I'd like to see an Ivy, Harvard or Yale preferably.

Otherwise Bucknell or Howard, just to have the announcers have to say Bison and Bizon.

td577
09-14-2017, 02:01 AM
Harvard. They get votes in the polls every year and I still have no clue where they would really stand against good FCS programs. I want to know.

scottietohottie
09-14-2017, 02:06 AM
James Madison. It would be an actual hostile environment.

The Citadel
Montana

BattleBorn
09-14-2017, 02:07 AM
Dayton. Because I'd love to not travel hours to get to a game once.

EKU for this reason!

El_Chapo
09-14-2017, 03:50 AM
NONE FBS ONLY!!

if we wont move up, then lets schedule 2 FBS each year and 1 fcs cupcake.

worse case you go 0-2, then can go 7-2 in MVFC and still easily make playoffs.

MontanaHoyt
09-14-2017, 04:24 AM
James Madison-would be a great environment
Sam Houston State-could prove how overrated they are
Jacksonville State-would be a great FCS matchup

ByeSonBusiness
09-14-2017, 04:57 AM
So, EWU is visiting Fordham this week which is located in the Bronx. The team is taking some time to visit Ground Zero and taking in some sites. Made me think, what would be some interesting FCS schools that would be fun to visit and then host them back in Fargo?

My short list
2) Yale - iconic stadium

Why Long Island? Columbia is in Manhattan.... and an Ivy. Any of those would be cool though.

JMB
09-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Why Long Island? Columbia is in Manhattan.... and an Ivy. Any of those would be cool though.

.... Only because I know there is at least one other University on Long Island that I couldn't remember. "New York area Universities" may have been a better description.

gumby013
09-14-2017, 11:34 AM
.... Only because I know there is at least one other University on Long Island that I couldn't remember. "New York area Universities" may have been a better description.

It also seems more likely to actually happen thanks to Matt Larsen's connections there.

SDbison
09-14-2017, 11:44 AM
None. 2020 can't come soon enough.
Amen. Ivy league schools suck.

cbline
09-14-2017, 12:06 PM

Not sure if I want the Bison to face Stony Brook. They took it to the F'Hawkers.

UpstateBison
09-14-2017, 01:11 PM
Wofford! 10 minute walk compared to 12 hour drive to WIU or ISUr.

CalBison97
09-14-2017, 01:22 PM
I'll take these away games:
Cal Poly and UC Davis (those were fun games)

USC, UCLA, Fresno St...we would beat all 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
09-14-2017, 01:32 PM
I'll say Cal Poly and JMU. Maine or New Hampshire would also be cool.

Mr. Burgundy
09-14-2017, 02:19 PM
I'll take these away games:
Cal Poly and UC Davis (those were fun games)

USC, UCLA, Fresno St...we would beat all 3

Did you just say we would beat USC and UCLA? I mean...I wouldn't say we couldn't, or wouldn't....any given Saturday, but man they are loaded with talent. Speed kills on the outsides. I wouldn't trade O Lines with those teams, but lets not act like we are top 20 program automatically. Just my opinion.

oldmantutters
09-14-2017, 02:22 PM
If we are throwing in FBS teams now, I wouldn't mind having a reason to visit upstate NY and play Syracuse.

For FCS Harvard would be a fun h&h.

southcliffbison
09-14-2017, 03:00 PM
If we are throwing in FBS teams now, I wouldn't mind having a reason to visit upstate NY and play Syracuse.

Here's another FBS toss: Nebraska, Minnesota (ya, I know, they wouldn't dare) Wyoming again, Colorado State ditto.

TransAmBison
09-14-2017, 03:04 PM
If we ever schedule a DII game again, I wouldn't mind getting the Gophers back on the schedule (even if it hurts our SOS).

BisonCardinal
09-14-2017, 03:10 PM
Bison vs Bison

Howard - MEAC - Washington DC
Bucknell - Patriot - Lewisburg PA (not too far from Hersey)

wagsabison
09-14-2017, 03:15 PM
Montana
JMU
Jacksonville St
Montana State

Bye weeks suck.

ndsubison1
09-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Did you just say we would beat USC and UCLA? I mean...I wouldn't say we couldn't, or wouldn't....any given Saturday, but man they are loaded with talent. Speed kills on the outsides. I wouldn't trade O Lines with those teams, but lets not act like we are top 20 program automatically. Just my opinion.

USC no way. UCLA has an awful defense. Watch them lose to Memphis on Saturday.

ByeSonBusiness
09-14-2017, 04:48 PM

Yeah USC athletes man... pretty frickin bananas. Maybe if they showed up hungover or something lool

tony
09-14-2017, 05:13 PM
Northern Arizona - good excuse to go the Grand Canyon.

StL Bison Fan
09-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Take Murray State of the list. Although the Bison would win hands down and it is a pretty place to go, who would I cheer for??

Yeah, right. :rofl:

td577
09-14-2017, 10:19 PM

I would love going to Syracuse. My stomping grounds when I was a youngun.

devin45k
09-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Bison vs Bison

Howard - MEAC - Washington DC
Bucknell - Patriot - Lewisburg PA (not too far from Hersey)

I always wants to see the Bison play the Bison. Yeah we would be heavily favored but I would think it was funny. Broadcasters should differentiate the teams by Bizon and Bison.

oldmantutters
09-14-2017, 11:53 PM
I would love going to Syracuse. My stomping grounds when I was a youngun.Both teams have the 15th & 22nd of September next year open.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

IzzyFlexion
09-15-2017, 01:37 AM
I always wants to see the Bison play the Bison. Yeah we would be heavily favored but I would think it was funny. Broadcasters should differentiate the teams by Bizon and Bison.

Both teams have the 15th & 22nd of September next year open.

MAC member University of Buffalo has an open date next September 15th as well.

They hung with Minnesota (lost 7-17 in week 1).

IzzyFlexion
09-15-2017, 01:54 AM
addendum regarding the University of Buffalo.

If not for that stupid track encircling it...........their stadium would be damn nice (29,013 capacity)

http://cdnak1.psbin.com/img/mw=750/mh=458/cr=n/d=66h5f/0ooyi5pzoqercx8v.jpg

CalBison97
09-15-2017, 01:59 AM

Yeah USC athletes man... pretty frickin bananas. Maybe if they showed up hungover or something lool

USC has not done a whole lot over the recent years that warrants a "little to no chance for a Bison win." Oregon has gone 4-2 against USC in the last 6 head to heads. Thankfully we don't have the Ducks scheduled. Oh wait...

We're gonna beat them too. :innocent:

IzzyFlexion
09-15-2017, 03:37 AM
USC has not done a whole lot over the recent years that warrants a "little to no chance for a Bison win." Oregon has gone 4-2 against USC in the last 6 head to heads. Thankfully we don't have the Ducks scheduled. Oh wait...

We're gonna beat them too. :innocent:

Hopefully, we'll have fewer than 27 ACL tears by game time.

CalBison97
09-15-2017, 04:02 AM

Bullseye!!

KC Bison
09-15-2017, 05:07 AM
I would be excited to schedule Michigan, Michigan State, or Wisconsin.
Beating Minnesota seems boring now days.

scottietohottie
09-15-2017, 11:23 AM

I'm wearing an old donjoy just to post on BV. Not taking any chances here

moosbah
09-15-2017, 01:27 PM

My short list
2) Yale - iconic stadium

I like your suggestions for 3 and 4. It would be nice to see the team play somewhere completely different. Stony Brook is an athletics program on many radars as being on the rise (not only in football).

moosbah
09-15-2017, 01:28 PM
addendum regarding the University of Buffalo.

If not for that stupid track encircling it...........their stadium would be damn nice (29,013 capacity)

http://cdnak1.psbin.com/img/mw=750/mh=458/cr=n/d=66h5f/0ooyi5pzoqercx8v.jpg

That statement goes for any football field stadium with a track around it.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-16-2017, 01:43 AM
I'd rather see us play two FBS programs in one season than a home and home with some FCS program no one has ever heard of.

MNLonghorn10
09-16-2017, 01:55 AM
I'd rather see us play two FBS programs in one season than a home and home with some FCS program no one has ever heard of.

id give up the MVSU and bob morris shitshows for this in a heart beat

Christopher Moen
09-16-2017, 02:29 AM

If NDSU didn't play in extremely physical conference, I could see this. We can't forget what last year's schedule did to the team by the time they reached the playoffs.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-16-2017, 02:40 AM
If NDSU didn't play in extremely physical conference, I could see this. We can't forget what last year's schedule did to the team by the time they reached the playoffs.

Yeah, and I absolutely mean no disrespect, but I don't buy the tough conference line. Yes, we play in a tough conference, but, like every conference in the country, we have our share of cupcakes as well. We have plenty of down weeks throughout the season where we can rest some guys.

I'm just tired of the bush league non-conference games, I get the feeling many other fans are starting to feel the same way.

El_Chapo
09-16-2017, 02:42 AM
Yeah, and I absolutely mean no disrespect, but I don't buy the tough conference line. Yes, we play in a tough conference, but, like every conference in the country, we have our share of cupcakes as well. We have plenty of down weeks throughout the season where we can rest some guys.

I'm just tired of the bush league non-conference games, I get the feeling many other fans are starting to feel the same way.

WORSE CASE NDSU goes 1-2 with 2 FBS and cupcake.

so you go 6-2 at worse in conference and still easily make playoffs.

SDbison
09-16-2017, 03:11 AM
Couldn't agree more. So much more excitement with an away FBS game in a real stadium than a cupcake in the tailgate restricted dome Nazi land.

NDSUstudent
09-16-2017, 03:15 AM
Play two FBS games? May as well just go FBS then since barely any FBS teams want anything to do with us as an FCS school.

I'd love to kick Harvard or Yale's ass but those pompous elitist assholes know better then to play us.

NCBison
09-17-2017, 06:02 AM
East Carolina, local to me, and Virginia Tech, I work with a lot of VT grads. Mostly just so they will shut up about the FCS vs FBS.

gizmo
09-17-2017, 07:12 AM
It's surprising to me how many people dislike the Fargodome/tailgating experience. After going to numerous stadiums, including FBS, I wouldn't trade with any of them.

LongLostAlum
09-18-2017, 12:09 AM
Sagarin has us ranked 48th in the nation, so if we are going to be playing a home-and-home at our level, it would need to be an FBS team. The only FCS teams at our level are already in our conference, or if they're not, we'll probably end up playing them in the playoffs anyhow.

I like all the ideas on the Ivy League schools, etc, but I don't think there's much for us to gain from it, other than the novelty of it. I like how we match up with the MW Mountain. Only Boise State is ranked ahead of us, and I think that would be a great home-and-home setup. And of course, there's Wyoming there as well, but they seem to be on the decline again. We played CSU a few years back, and pretty much beat up on them.

devin45k
09-18-2017, 02:18 AM
It's surprising to me how many people dislike the Fargodome/tailgating experience. After going to numerous stadiums, including FBS, I wouldn't trade with any of them.

People can find ways to complain about anything

Christopher Moen
09-18-2017, 04:51 AM
People can find ways to complain about anything

I agree, the tailgating scene at the FargoDome totally blows away the one I see at Broncos' games.

TheDynastyContinues
09-19-2017, 05:37 PM
Would love to see us play Wyoming. Bohl vs. Klieman.

FrozenTech
09-19-2017, 08:23 PM

I remember talking to a former co-worker when I first started at my current job. I was wearing an NDSU polo the Friday before a game, which is kinda my tradition. Anyway, he asked me if I was a Bison Football fan, and I informed him that yes I was, and I had season tickets.

He responded with, "oh, you're one of them."

"What do you mean?"

The following conversation was basically that NDSU football fans were the worst kind of fans on the planet, and yadda yadda yadda, because reasons, and his daughter worked at BWW, where they're all drunk and boorish. He complained about how tailgate was a bunch of drunks, and this that and the other thing.

So I asked, "Have you been to the tailgate area in the last five years?"

No.

"Have you been to a Bison Home game, hell, since the Fargo dome opened?"

No.

"Then you don't know. There are always assholes in bars, and yes, at Tailgate some people get too drunk. It happens. But you're going to tell me the entire fanbase is like that? Tell you what, why don't you come out and tail gate with my folks some time and see if you think we're all still a bunch of assholes."

Offers still open, he hasn't ever shown up. Most people who complain about these things have never actually been to the event or thing they complain about.

DePereBisonFan
09-20-2017, 02:05 AM
I would like a CAA-MVFC challenge. Every other year have a BSC challenge alternating with a CAA challenge. Home-and-homes thus returned every other year.

NoDak
09-21-2017, 04:53 PM
I could go for a home-and-home with a variety of FCS Schools. It can be a good way to get a good gauge of how good we are rather than playing cupcake games. Here is a list of teams off the top of my head:
Montana
James Madison
Jacksonville State
Richmond

I don't foresee any FBS schools agreeing to a "home-and-home" with NDSU so I don't even consider them. Like the FBS the FCS has their perennial contenders so any of them would suit me fine.

IzzyFlexion
09-21-2017, 06:46 PM
I could go for a home-and-home with a variety of FCS Schools. It can be a good way to get a good gauge of how good we are rather than playing cupcake games. Here is a list of teams off the top of my head:
Montana
James Madison
Jacksonville State
Richmond

I don't foresee any FBS schools agreeing to a "home-and-home" with NDSU so I don't even consider them. Like the FBS the FCS has their perennial contenders so any of them would suit me fine.

That is very true. However, there are a number of FBS schools that would certainly generate some interest among their fan base by entering in to such an agreement.
Just shootin' from the hip here......but......maybe:

Wyoming
Northern Illinois
Nevada
Akron
Buffalo
UNLV

Their benefit would be: great competition, likely a full stadium at their place, a chance to see how they stack up against the little world beater school, playing in the dome (which most in the country knw by now is an incredible environment.

I know, I know......not gonna happen.

Christopher Moen
09-21-2017, 07:03 PM
That is very true. However, there are a number of FBS schools that would certainly generate some interest among their fan base by entering in to such an agreement.
Just shootin' from the hip here......but......maybe:

Wyoming
Northern Illinois
Nevada
Akron
Buffalo
UNLV

Their benefit would be: great competition, likely a full stadium at their place, a chance to see how they stack up against the little world beater school, playing in the dome (which most in the country knw by now is an incredible environment.

I know, I know......not gonna happen.

I would like to believe NDSU can at least do home and home games with any Sun Belt school. I know they suck, but hopefully they're not stuck up like a lot of MW schools in regards to playing NDSU.

NoDak
09-21-2017, 08:13 PM
I would like to believe NDSU can at least do home and home games with any Sun Belt school. I know they suck, but hopefully they're not stuck up like a lot of MW schools in regards to playing NDSU.

I think it would be a good game. But FBS schools would consider it an insult to suggest they travel to a lowly FCS school. I don't know if NDSU went to a Sunbelt school it would fill their stadium. Most FBS school fans assume that even the worst FBS team is infinitely better than any FCS team.

Christopher Moen
09-21-2017, 08:43 PM
I think it would be a good game. But FBS schools would consider it an insult to suggest they travel to a lowly FCS school. I don't know if NDSU went to a Sunbelt school it would fill their stadium. Most FBS school fans assume that even the worst FBS team is infinitely better than any FCS team.

That's because they're dumb. Similarly, it would be foolish to believe that a team like NW Missouri State couldn't beat any FCS team. I know if they had the finances to move up, they would be competitive within five years of being eligible, much like NDSU was (three years).

NoDak
09-21-2017, 09:40 PM
That's because they're dumb. Similarly, it would be foolish to believe that a team like NW Missouri State couldn't beat any FCS team. I know if they had the finances to move up, they would be competitive within five years of being eligible, much like NDSU was (three years).

Amen to that. I know after reading the riff-raff that FBS teams post all over the internet when NDSU says we will give them a good game if a really good DivII team booked a game against NDSU I would say "I think we will win but I am not making any guarantees." All the comments about winning "JV Football" and "Good HS Team" make the loss that much harder for them to swallow.

MAKBison
09-21-2017, 09:45 PM
Amen to that. I know after reading the riff-raff that FBS teams post all over the internet when NDSU says we will give them a good game if a really good DivII team booked a game against NDSU I would say "I think we will win but I am not making any guarantees." All the comments about winning "JV Football" and "Good HS Team" make the loss that much harder for them to swallow.

Well, one big thing right now is the styles of football being played. I think the entire FB world is relearning defense and TOP matters.

thebootfitter
09-21-2017, 09:56 PM
Oh, it probably would. It would just be filled with more NDSU fans. ;-)

oldmantutters
09-22-2017, 05:58 AM
That's because they're dumb. Similarly, it would be foolish to believe that a team like NW Missouri State couldn't beat any FCS team. I know if they had the finances to move up, they would be competitive within five years of being eligible, much like NDSU was (three years).I can think of one FCS team that isn't too terribly far away that might struggle with NWMS.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk