PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs SIU

IL_Bison
11-14-2005, 10:00 PM
First of all, anyone planning on making the trip? Looks like there will be a good turnout for the alumni gathering based on what is posted on the website. I think 3 other NDSU alums and myself will be making the 3-hr trek Saturday morning. Should be a good game with alot on the line for SIU, and will certainly be a 'measuring stick' game for NDSU.

roadwarrior
11-14-2005, 10:07 PM
I will be there as always (#284). *Flying to St Louis on friday morning and driving the rest of the way.

The pressure is on SIU this week as it appears to be a must win game for them to make the playoffs. *I hope the Bison go in charged up like they were for the final game last year at Davis.

This is just the first of I hope many games with Gateway Conference teams. *This game was just a one shot deal with SIU, they are not obligated to a game in Fargo.

Gully
11-14-2005, 10:13 PM
I thought about going but I chose the Bison / Gophers basketball game on Friday instead. Should be a great game to listen to (or watch) online my oh my!

Have fun Road, if I was as hardcore as you, I would drive all night after the BB game.

Gully
11-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Road, I assume 284 is the number of total Bison football games you have attended? I might try to figure my count out by looking at old scheduled. I'm guessing I'm somewhere between 80 and 90.

roadwarrior
11-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Nope, its the consecutive number of games :)

Gully
11-14-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm not worthy. 284 in a row! That's impressive. Oh well, at least now I can tell my wife, "I heard about this guy who has attended 284 straight games" when she complains about my 6-8 games per year.

bisonmike
11-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Nope, its the consecutive number of games :)

Is that home and away or just consecutive home games. I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 home games in a row.

Steph_Popowski
11-14-2005, 11:10 PM
We'll be going to the game...leaving early on Friday and driving about 12 hours that day. Then driving the rest of the way on Saturday AM- It is my brothers last football game as a Bison-I am very excited for the game...as someone said earlier it is all on SIU shoulders- They need to win and we are going to win ;) I have complete faith in the Bison...if they play the way they did on Saturday against SDSU-if will be a grand game! I can't believe how fast the season has gone or the last 5 years for that matter!! It has been great fun to be apart of the Bison family and I am so proud of the whole team-They had ups and downs and we all kept coming abck for more...it will be different not watching the O-Line/Bison team like I do now but I will always be a Bison fan! Tim has had a great adventure at NDSU and is very proud of his team-mates!! It has been so much fun to watch them!!! :)

coloradobison
11-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Is that home and away or just consecutive home games. *I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 home games in a row.

Its home and away. holy frequent flyer miles batman :o

BraxtonT
11-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Not to brag, but I will be joining two other fanatics this weekend. 380 mile drive to Minneapolis for the Gopher BB game on Friday night. Another 250+ miles to the Wisconsin-Illinois border afterwards. Short night sleep, then another 450 miles to Carbondale for the FB game. Head back to motel along the Wisc-Ill border for the night and then drive all day Sunday home. Over 2000 miles.

Anyone care to top that? :)

Gully, do you want a ride to the fb game?

roadwarrior
11-15-2005, 04:03 AM
Way to go BraxtonT ! See you there.

Gully
11-15-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm inspired. I'm going to check into the possibility of late flights from Minneapolis to Chicago or St. Louis. If that doesn't work out, I might join you BraxtonT.

People I work with think I'm absolutely nuts driving to Fargo several weekends each fall, if I can pull this off, it will really leave them shaking their heads.

Gully
11-16-2005, 06:19 PM
It's official, I'm flying in to St. Louis on Saturday morning and will meet up with a couple of buddies to drive the rest of the way.

This should be a great game.

Go Bison!

coloradobison
11-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Good work Gully. True Fan ;D

Yellow
11-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Anybody know if the bison fb game is on the radio in the cities? How far do they boadcast?

JBB
11-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Its not. Youll have to use the internet.

Rodentia
11-16-2005, 09:51 PM
I was driving back from Fargo, listening to the Vikings game on 790 AM, and I was able to keep listening until around St. Cloud. I could have kept listening, but it was getting a lot of static, and there was a clearer station.

It just may be possible with a very good AM radio reciever to pick up a station from Fargo. If you have the internet, you listen to the game from the SIU web site. Also, if you can't listen to the game live, the SIU web page has archives of radio broadcasts, so you can listen to it later.

JBB
11-16-2005, 10:49 PM
The BISON are on 970 D-A-Y Radio. *They will get to the Willmar area during daylight hrs but cut their power at sundown. Willmar is about 100 miles West of the cities. It doesnt come in all that well in St. Cloud.*

sambini
11-17-2005, 03:56 AM
I'll be there and looking forward to the game. GO BISON...