PDA

View Full Version : K-State Coaching position

kchats
11-17-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't know if Coach Bohl would be interested but I noticed that Bill Snyder retired this week as K-State's head football coach. I hope he isn't interested and I also hope he doesn't interview or have the chance to interview because I don't want any speculation to hurt recruiting.

MinotBison
11-17-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't know if Coach Bohl would be interested but I noticed that Bill Snyder retired this week as K-State's head football coach. *I hope he isn't interested and I also hope he doesn't interview or have the chance to interview because I don't want any speculation to hurt recruiting. *

I hope he sticks around, too. Didn't Babich resign the day before signing day?

sambini
11-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Who do you think are leading contenders for that job?

Bison_Kent
11-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Living in KS, this is about all I have heard about. The K-State job will likely go to one of his former or current assistances. I believe the coach at South Florida was the K-State Offensive Cordinator and is the leading canidate from what I am hearing.

I highly doubt K-State would go outside of their coaching family as Snyder is one of the people that will be helping select the next head coach in Manhatten.

sambini
11-18-2005, 01:48 AM
One of the Stoops brothers?

SirHinn
11-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Living in KS, this is about all I have heard about. *The K-State job will likely go to one of his former or current assistances. *I believe the coach at South Florida was the K-State Offensive Cordinator and is the leading canidate from what I am hearing. *

I highly doubt K-State would go outside of their coaching family as Snyder is one of the people that will be helping select the next head coach in Manhatten. *

You are correct! The leading candidates are the head coach at USF and the Def Coordinator Brent Venables at the University of Oklahoma. Venables also is a K State Alum who coached under Snyder as well. Strong indications are that Snyder will be the one who has the final say in deciding his replacement.

kchats
11-18-2005, 03:34 AM
That is a relief I don't want to lose Coach Bohl.