PDA

View Full Version : Bison Injuries

Pages : [1] 2

jcdcubs
09-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Demaris Purifoy also done for the year with torn ACL. Adam Cofield next man up???

Dillon Radunz out for the year with a knee injury.

Mr Meaty
09-04-2017, 07:30 PM
Dillon's injury really hurts. Hope for a full recovery. Demario would have been in the mix at rb. Hope he makes a full recovery as well. Work hard guys and be leaders from the bench.

tony
09-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Any wordon Jaxon Brown?

Bison'01
09-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Any wordon Jaxon Brown?

6 weeks sounded like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KilldeerBison
09-04-2017, 07:34 PM
I assume Radunz requires surgery too?

BFKasper14
09-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Was just reading about medical redshirts. In order to get a 6th year, both years sat out must be because the player had no ability to play whatsoever. So since both Purifoy and Radunz technically could have played their redshirt year, they wouldn't be eligible for a medical...

Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

DM05
09-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Was just reading about medical redshirts. In order to get a 6th year, both years sat out must be because the player had no ability to play whatsoever. So since both Purifoy and Radunz technically could have played their redshirt year, they wouldn't be eligible for a medical...

You aren't wrong.

BFKasper14
09-04-2017, 08:02 PM
You aren't wrong.

No. See, you're supposed to tell me I AM wrong so this isn't an issue.

What a shit deal for these young men. Hopefully they get through their rehab and come back even stronger next year. Have them put on some muscle and come back stronger. It's a good thing we have a lot of depth at these positions. (Knock on wood)

Hammersmith
09-04-2017, 08:05 PM

You are correct. The original purpose of the redshirt year was to allow four years of competition if circumstances outside the student's control caused them to miss a year. Choosing to use the year for athletic development is not outside the player's control. As far as the NCAA is concerned, you can do it if you want, but you risk losing a year if you're later injured. That's what's going to happen to both of these players. As fans, we often just look at the benefits of redshirting and forget that it's a gamble.

Now if Purifoy and Radunz were to lose another season to injury later on, then they would be eligible for a medical waiver. But that would only get them back to three playing seasons.

tjbison
09-04-2017, 08:30 PM
This sucks....

CAS4127
09-04-2017, 08:33 PM
This sucks....

It does! 3 major losses way to early in season, although never a good time. DR was destroying MVSU defenders.

thebigund
09-04-2017, 08:41 PM
You are correct. The original purpose of the redshirt year was to allow four years of competition if circumstances outside the student's control caused them to miss a year. Choosing to use the year for athletic development is not outside the player's control. As far as the NCAA is concerned, you can do it if you want, but you risk losing a year if you're later injured. That's what's going to happen to both of these players. As fans, we often just look at the benefits of redshirting and forget that it's a gamble.

Now if Purifoy and Radunz were to lose another season to injury later on, then they would be eligible for a medical waiver. But that would only get them back to three playing seasons.

Isn't something like missing 1.3 or 1.5 years due to injury to have a decent case for a 6th year?

Mr. Burgundy
09-04-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm with CAS.....Radunz was putting on a show out there. Dominating young man. Lost an all American defensive end, a freaky freshman left tackle and two reserves. It's gut check time.

56BISON73
09-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Demaris Purifoy also done for the year with torn ACL. Adam Cofield next man up???

Dillon Radunz out for the year with a knee injury.

Klieman said Dillon Radunz was good to go this week end?????

IBleedYellow
09-04-2017, 08:53 PM
I'm with CAS.....Radunz was putting on a show out there. Dominating young man. Lost an all American defensive end, a freaky freshman left tackle and two reserves. It's gut check time.

It's the second week of the season.

Already feels like our backs are against a wall - and we haven't even played anyone yet.

IBleedYellow
09-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Klieman said Dillon Radunz was good to go this week end?????

https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/status/904782972351643648

56BISON73
09-04-2017, 09:01 PM

Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tjbison
09-04-2017, 09:22 PM

he was a man amongst boys out there, SOB...oh well shit happens

23Bison
09-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Well isn't that a bunch of shitty luck! I say the team has a perfect record this season just to show everyone that they can still do it. Get well soon boys!

AKBison
09-04-2017, 09:45 PM
Well isn't that a bunch of shitty luck! I say the team has a perfect record this season just to show everyone that they can still do it. Get well soon boys!

Hate to ask this and don't flame me...it seems like we have had more than our fair share of injuries in the dome. Anything to do with the magic carpet we play on or just pure bad luck?

tjbison
09-04-2017, 09:51 PM
Hate to ask this and don't flame me...it seems like we have had more than our fair share of injuries in the dome. Anything to do with the magic carpet we play on or just pure bad luck?

The old turf was way worse, same system MANY schools use, I think the Alerus has had it since 2013

its bad luck

natstar1
09-04-2017, 09:58 PM
The old turf was way worse, same system MANY schools use, I think the Alerus has had it since 2013

its bad luck

is the turf that's in the dome the same as the stuff they use on outdoor fields? If it's not how is it different?

can a mod fix the title of the thread?

tjbison
09-04-2017, 10:10 PM
is the turf that's in the dome the same as the stuff they use on outdoor fields? If it's not how is it different?

can a mod fix the title of the thread?

Practice field is the same, they screwed up on it and NDSU got it for cheap, they replaced the FD stuff. Dont remember the exact reason but yes they are the same

Edit: found the article

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3028235-glitch-new-fargodome-turf-has-company-fargo-installing-new-surface

A1pigskin
09-04-2017, 10:38 PM
These injuries suck this early in the season.

Mr Meaty
09-04-2017, 10:54 PM
These injuries suck this early in the season.

They suck regardless of when. Next man up. Full recovery guys and Jaxon see you yet this year.

Bison20
09-04-2017, 11:22 PM
They suck regardless of when. Next man up. Full recovery guys and Jaxon see you yet this year.

Tough to see these guys go down so early. Good thing we have depth on the offensive line. Be interesting to see if they keep connor inside or if cordel volson gets to play left tackle

El_Chapo
09-04-2017, 11:22 PM
stupid game, stupid injuries.. just embarrassing

Christopher Moen
09-05-2017, 12:00 AM

I'm not sure if the injury rate, especially in regards to ACLs, on the newer turf is higher or lower than older turfs, but if it is higher, I would take a look at the type of cleats first. Unfortunately, ACL injuries are an easy injury to obtain in many sports due to the natural design of the knee.

X-Factor
09-05-2017, 12:11 AM
I know a few people have posted that Radunz can't get a medical year. I was under the assumption that he could apply for a hardship after his senior year. Wasn't this the path Vraa took to get his 6th year? I thought he redshirted as well, and not due to injury....

Bisonator98
09-05-2017, 12:11 AM
I'm not sure if the injury rate, especially in regards to ACLs, on the newer turf is higher or lower than older turfs, but if it is higher, I would take a look at the type of cleats first. Unfortunately, ACL injuries are an easy injury to obtain in many sports due to the natural design of the knee.

Guys are bigger faster stronger but the knee hasn't kept up with the changes unfortunately.:(

Bisonator98
09-05-2017, 12:13 AM
I know a few people have posted that Radunz can't get a medical year. I was under the assumption that he could apply for a hardship after his senior year. Wasn't this the path Vraa took to get his 6th year? I thought he redshirted as well, and not due to injury....

Have to have missed 2 years due to same injury the way understand it. So unless Radunz has another acl god forbid he won't be eligible for another year.

BisonNeil
09-05-2017, 12:19 AM

This is a head scratcher for me. He came back for his helmet at the half and I asked him if he was going to be okay, and he smiled and said "yeah, no problem" and then jogged to the locker room. Hard for me to believe a guy with a torn ACL and meniscus tear would jog off the field without a limp or obvious discomfort. Weird.

Bison"FANatic"
09-05-2017, 12:41 AM
I don't believe we have seen anywhere how extensive the tears were. Also I have seen plenty of injuries that don't seem to bad initially then 2 days later the swelling maxes out and the person is barely able to move. Also with the knee if the knee isn't stressed in just the right way it may seem ok. I remember one that I tested the meniscus and it seemed fine, added 10 degrees more rotation and that person was yelling like I was stabbing him with a butcher knife. The MRI doesn't lie.

JSUBison
09-05-2017, 01:26 AM

It seems like there are more injuries at home games to me as well. Probably just my perception but I wonder if someone could dig into this and find the info? Maybe someone could write an article...hint hint Kolpack.

Hammersmith
09-05-2017, 01:52 AM

Don't know why Vraa got a waiver. By reading the rules, he shouldn't have.

Here is the main excerpt from the DI manual:

12.8.1.5 Five-Year Rule Waiver. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, or its designated committee, by a two-thirds majority of its members present and voting, may approve waivers of the five-year rule as it deems appropriate.

12.8.1.5.1 Waiver Criteria. A waiver of the five-year period of eligibility is designed to provide a student-athlete with the opportunity to participate in four seasons of intercollegiate competition within a five-year period. This waiver may be granted, based upon objective evidence, for reasons that are beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution, which deprive the student-athlete of the opportunity to participate for more than one season in his or her sport within the five-year period. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement reserves the right to review requests that do not meet the more-than-one-year criteria detailed in this bylaw for circumstances of extraordinary or extreme hardship. A student-athlete who has exhausted his or her five years of eligibility may continue to practice (but not compete) for a maximum of 30 consecutive calendar days, provided the student-athlete’s institution has submitted a waiver request. The student-athlete may not commence practice until the institution has filed such a request. Further, if such a request is denied prior to exhausting the 30-day practice period, the student-athlete must cease all practice activities upon the institution’s notification of the denial.

12.8.1.5.1.1 Circumstances Beyond Control. Circumstances considered to be beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution and do not cause a participation opportunity to be used shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) Situations clearly supported by contemporaneous medical documentation, which states that a student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate competition as a result of incapacitating physical or mental circumstances;
(b) The student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate athletics as a result of a life-threatening or incapacitating injury or illness suffered by a member of the student-athlete’s immediate family, which clearly is supported by contemporaneous medical documentation;
(c) Reliance by the student-athlete upon written, contemporaneous, clearly erroneous academic advice provided to the student-athlete from a specific academic authority from a collegiate institution regarding the academic status of the student-athlete or prospective student-athlete, which directly leads to that individual not being eligible to participate and, but for the clearly erroneous advice, the student-athlete would have established eligibility for intercollegiate competition;
(d) Natural disasters (e.g., earthquake, flood); and
(e) Extreme financial difficulties as a result of a specific event (e.g., layoff, death in the family) experienced by the student-athlete or by an individual upon whom the student-athlete is legally dependent, which prohibit the student-athlete from participating in intercollegiate athletics. These circumstances must be clearly supported by objective documentation (e.g., decree of bankruptcy, proof of termination) and must be beyond the control of the student-athlete or the individual upon whom the student-athlete is legally dependent.

12.8.1.5.1.2 Circumstances Within Control. Circumstances that are considered to be within the control of the student-athlete or the institution and cause a participation opportunity to be used include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) A student-athlete’s decision to attend an institution that does not sponsor his/her sport, or decides not to participate at an institution that does sponsor his/her sport;
(b) An inability to participate due to failure to meet institutional/conference or NCAA academic requirements, or disciplinary reasons or incarceration culminating in or resulting from a conviction;
(c) Reliance by a student-athlete upon misinformation from a coaching staff member;
(d) Redshirt year;
(e) An inability to participate as a result of a transfer year in residence or fulfilling a condition for restoration of eligibility; and
(f) A student-athlete’s lack of understanding regarding the specific starting date of his or her five-year period of eligibility.

KilldeerBison
09-05-2017, 02:02 AM
I don't believe we have seen anywhere how extensive the tears were. Also I have seen plenty of injuries that don't seem to bad initially then 2 days later the swelling maxes out and the person is barely able to move. Also with the knee if the knee isn't stressed in just the right way it may seem ok. I remember one that I tested the meniscus and it seemed fine, added 10 degrees more rotation and that person was yelling like I was stabbing him with a butcher knife. The MRI doesn't lie.

Is the recovery time about 6 weeks, after surgery? Until you could start training again. My wife just said 9 months.

CAS4127
09-05-2017, 02:17 AM
Is the recovery time about 6 weeks, after surgery? Until you could start training again. My wife just said 9 months.

Depends on the extent of tear and strength of quad and hamstring. IOW, it varies. Lost 2/3's of ACL (no meniscus tear tho) my SR year and played the next Saturday. Granted we had an aggressive team Doc back then and times were different, but recovery does vary.

natstar1
09-05-2017, 02:58 AM
Depends on the extent of tear and strength of quad and hamstring. IOW, it varies. Lost 2/3's of ACL (no meniscus tear tho) my SR year and played the next Saturday. Granted we had an aggressive team Doc back then and times were different, but recovery does vary.

Did you end up having it repaired later? Like after the season, not when you were like 35-40.

CAS4127
09-05-2017, 03:29 AM
Did you end up having it repaired later? Like after the season, not when you were like 35-40.

Removed torn portion of ACL on Sunday, rehabbed Monday and practices/played going forward from there with some shots.

Hail bison
09-05-2017, 03:53 AM
Sucks for these boys but the season isn't shot

td577
09-05-2017, 08:16 AM
This is a head scratcher for me. He came back for his helmet at the half and I asked him if he was going to be okay, and he smiled and said "yeah, no problem" and then jogged to the locker room. Hard for me to believe a guy with a torn ACL and meniscus tear would jog off the field without a limp or obvious discomfort. Weird.

I shredded my meniscus and had no clue until the next day.

NDSU_grad
09-05-2017, 08:36 AM

Vraa met section 'a' of circumstances outside the athletes control. Was hurt in fall camp his true freshman year, and then got hurt first game of his 2nd year, thus depriving him of the opportunity to play four years.

THEsocalledfan
09-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Thing that is most scary for me, is we have already had significant hits to our depth.

Hammersmith
09-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Vraa met section 'a' of circumstances outside the athletes control. Was hurt in fall camp his true freshman year, and then got hurt first game of his 2nd year, thus depriving him of the opportunity to play four years.

Okay, that sounds right. GoBison just said he redshirted his first year, and the couple articles I looked at didn't mention a true freshman injury.

wagsabison
09-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Injuries suck... unfortunately happens to everyone.

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Injuries suck... unfortunately happens to everyone.

This. We are going into one of the biggest games of the season and already moping about how we're cooked. Radunz is a once in a generation player. He will have two strong productive years when we comes back. Now's the time to find our next diamond in the rough. The emergence of James Hendricks heartens me. I just hate seeing these kids lose out on opportunities but we forge on.

HerdBot
09-05-2017, 01:18 PM
This sucks. The good news is Connor played every game at LT last year so we will be solid there. I'm more concerned about LG where we are way less experienced now but we have some options. Curious if we make any changes to get the best 5 on the field like moving Kuhnert back to LG... But then our RG will be thinner. Need Messner and Ziemer to step up. Good news is Ziemer is a 5th year senior which is valuable but he just hasn't cracked the lineup at a starter.

Bisonator98
09-05-2017, 01:34 PM
This. We are going into one of the biggest games of the season and already moping about how we're cooked. Radunz is a once in a generation player. He will have two strong productive years when we comes back. Now's the time to find our next diamond in the rough. The emergence of James Hendricks heartens me. I just hate seeing these kids lose out on opportunities but we forge on.

Why only 2? He'll be a sophomore next season, should have 3 years left.

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Why only 2? He'll be a sophomore next season, should have 3 years left.

I'm bad at math.

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Radunz is a once in a generation player. He will have two strong productive years when we comes back. Now's the time to find our next diamond in the rough.

Amen, but why two and not three? He redshirted last year, no? Am I missing something?

It totally sucks for these guys, but next man up. If you have no depth you will not be standing at the end. It’s that simple

(unrelated ... screw McFeely and his stupid opinions. He’s not really a Bison fan anyway. He's just here to piss us off).

Bisonator98
09-05-2017, 01:40 PM
This sucks. The good news is Connor played every game at LT last year so we will be solid there. I'm more concerned about LG where we are way less experienced now but we have some options. Curious if we make any changes to get the best 5 on the field like moving Kuhnert back to LG... But then our RG will be thinner. Need Messner and Ziemer to step up. Good news is Ziemer is a 5th year senior which is valuable but he just hasn't cracked the lineup at a starter.

Sounded to me like they were going to keep Conner at guard and move Bacon to LT.

bri-dog
09-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Knowing Bryce Messner and his family for so long, I've paid close attention to him. He's definitely inexperienced (having spend his first 3 years in the program at DL). He's a good run blocker, but haven't seen much of him pass blocking. When they brought him in as an extra TE last year (wearing #98), they ran behind him pretty much every time. A few big plays last year: The TD runs in overtime against Charleston Southern and EWU, and in the Iowa game -- Frazier's short TD run, and a crucial 3rd and 4 and 4th and 2 in the last Bison TD drive. He definitely blew a nice hole on every play...

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Amen, but why two and not three? He redshirted last year, no? Am I missing something?

It totally sucks for these guys, but next man up. If you have no depth you will not be standing at the end. It’s that simple

(unrelated ... screw McFeely and his stupid opinions. He’s not really a Bison fan anyway. He's just here to piss us off).

That was a SHITTY column today. I don't know why he even covers NDSU athletics. He's got zero useful opinions on the post game show. He's a net negative to the broadcast.

Mr Meaty
09-05-2017, 02:39 PM

Click bait master he is. Do not click on him. He is a putz... Injuries happen every year. It is life, it sucks but you move forward.

Bison"FANatic"
09-05-2017, 02:41 PM

It all depends on if the knee is being "cleaned up" or a reconstruction. Reconstructions is closer to 9-12 months for full return. Sometimes a "cleanup" can be minor and the return to play is quite short.

Son of a Bison
09-05-2017, 02:45 PM
Knowing Bryce Messner and his family for so long, I've paid close attention to him. He's definitely inexperienced (having spend his first 3 years in the program at DL). He's a good run blocker, but haven't seen much of him pass blocking. When they brought him in as an extra TE last year (wearing #98), they ran behind him pretty much every time. A few big plays last year: The TD runs in overtime against Charleston Southern and EWU, and in the Iowa game -- Frazier's short TD run, and a crucial 3rd and 4 and 4th and 2 in the last Bison TD drive. He definitely blew a nice hole on every play...

Messner was a beast last year during those plays. Glad they utilized him in that fashion and hope it happens again. I could see him being a lead FB in short yardage plays too as I am not convinced our current RBs will be as tough as King for that extra half yard.

oldmantutters
09-05-2017, 03:12 PM
That was a SHITTY column today. I don't know why he even covers NDSU athletics. He's got zero useful opinions on the post game show. He's a net negative to the broadcast.

Not sure if anyone was in the Sunday night chat, or read it after the fact, but McFeely brought up the media contract deal, AGAIN. Pathetic.

MIKE, I KNOW YOU ARE HERE READING THIS. GET OVER IT. IT IS IN THE PAST.

HerdBot
09-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Not sure if anyone was in the Sunday night chat, or read it after the fact, but McFeely brought up the media contract deal, AGAIN. Pathetic.

He's a tool. You gotta let a tool be a tool.

Bisonator98
09-05-2017, 03:23 PM
He's a tool. You gotta let a tool be a tool.

This. Best thing to do with those idiots is ignore them. They hate that.

Mr Meaty
09-05-2017, 03:25 PM
This. Best thing to do with those idiots is ignore them. They hate that.

Exactly, do not click on their stories. Do not listen to their shows. Their main goal is to get people pissed off and that makes them happy. They almost truly believe in nothing themselves. They just write based on which way the wind is blowing.

tjbison
09-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Exactly, do not click on their stories. Do not listen to their shows. Their main goal is to get people pissed off and that makes them happy. They almost truly believe in nothing themselves. They just write based on which way the wind is blowing.

you mean like every opinion based column ever written? people take what he/they say wayy to serious. Its an opinion blog, meant to do just what you are all talking about, it works. I for one dont read any of the blogs, Port, Heitkamp, Mcfeeley, etc. etc but a of of people do

HerdBot
09-05-2017, 03:42 PM

He's probably the most powerful run blocker on the team. It's the pass blocking or lack of experience I would worry about

Mr Meaty
09-05-2017, 03:47 PM
you mean like every opinion based column ever written? people take what he/they say wayy to serious. Its an opinion blog, meant to do just what you are all talking about, it works. I for one dont read any of the blogs, Port, Heitkamp, Mcfeeley, etc. etc but a of of people do

I get what they are trying to do. But that is the same reason I do not like most trolls on fan boards. If you are going to say something, please believe in what you say and stand by it. Do not just make crap up for the sake of making it up.

oldmantutters
09-05-2017, 03:51 PM
I don't really mind his radio show :hide: but I'm not a big fan of him covering NDSU. I know what he does, and it still bugs me.

tjbison
09-05-2017, 03:56 PM
I get what they are trying to do. But that is the same reason I do not like most trolls on fan boards. If you are going to say something, please believe in what you say and stand by it. Do not just make crap up for the sake of making it up.

Agree, thats why I do not click..lol

bajadanny
09-05-2017, 04:04 PM
I don't really mind his radio show :hide: but I'm not a big fan of him covering NDSU. I know what he does, and it still bugs me.

Please turn the channel
That guy is not a NDSU voice

tjbison
09-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Please turn the channel
That guy is not a NDSU voice

to what for local radio? Gap tooth is so soaked into UND he is impossible to listen to

Mcfeeley is at least taking his show to Cheney on Friday, will interview coaches from EWU and NDSU. best show in the 830-11 slot IMO

i like the Outdoors and Sports talk, yes he gets political but what do you expect

bajadanny
09-05-2017, 04:34 PM
to what for local radio? Gap tooth is so soaked into UND he is impossible to listen to

Mcfeeley is at least taking his show to Cheney on Friday, will interview coaches from EWU and NDSU. best show in the 830-11 slot IMO

i like the Outdoors and Sports talk, yes he gets political but what do you expect

Silence is golden

Wolf in sheeps clothes

Alsen
09-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Really tragic, but I think we are going to be just fine.

This is an extraordinarily deep team. I don't think it would be such a bad thing to pull Seth Wilson's redshirt if need be, and we could see Dimitri Williams in more of an exclusive RB role if necessary.

I really like Messner's game, and even with Connor back LT we still have Bacon and Cordell Volson to back up LT. Coach was just braggin on Cordell in the pre game press conference.

Ziemer is no neophyte, he has some experience, and I predict that Jack Albrecht will push for playing time perhaps even sometime this year.

We have so many safeties on this team we could probably field an eleven man squad with just safeties.

Bison are fine as long as the fab five stay healthy. Stick,Tanguay,DeLuca,Dempsey,Shepherd

Mr. Burgundy
09-05-2017, 04:52 PM

why is he going to Washington? Because Bison fans/boosters are AGAIN paying for him. He openly admits to not believing the stuff he says/writes, and I cannot understand going through life as the sarcastic guy who just lives to pick on people. I told you so guy. But, he knows his business. He gets clicks and listeners. Thank goodness for 1660 as that station is almost non stop.

Mayville Bison
09-05-2017, 04:53 PM

Last thing I want to do is derail the thread with McFeely crap or apologize for said crap, but he didn't bring it up. He got bated into it and fell hook, line, and sinker.

Best of luck to those injured over the weekend. Stay hungry and come back better than every next year!

tjbison
09-05-2017, 04:58 PM
why is he going to Washington? Because Bison fans/boosters are AGAIN paying for him. He openly admits to not believing the stuff he says/writes, and I cannot understand going through life as the sarcastic guy who just lives to pick on people. I told you so guy. But, he knows his business. He gets clicks and listeners. Thank goodness for 1660 as that station is almost non stop.

yep, business sponsorship

tjbison
09-05-2017, 04:59 PM

yep, business sponsorship

Christopher Moen
09-05-2017, 05:38 PM
Agree, thats why I do not click..lol

For those who don't want to click his story, he basically says something to the extent that the Bison's "luck" might be running out. Yes, he's trolling and probably does that on this board.

THEsocalledfan
09-05-2017, 05:47 PM
For those who don't want to click his story, he basically says something to the extent that the Bison's "luck" might be running out. Yes, he's trolling and probably does that on this board.

I did read it (admit I should not have, but for all his faulty, he is no Portly Blob). I really didn't have an issue with it as it was a typical columnist take. Had a bigger issue with him Tweeting over weekend how NDSU fans are drunk as ever.

barnwintersportsengelstad
09-05-2017, 06:10 PM
I shredded my meniscus and had no clue until the next day.

I tore my meniscus and it flopped over under my knee cap, couldn't straighten my leg out.

09-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your injuries. Fortunate you have the dept you do, an envey of many teams.

mtoutfitter
09-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your injuries. Fortunate you have the dept you do, an envey of many teams.

They must not teach spelling at the school up north...

aces1180
09-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Last thing I want to do is derail the thread with McFeely crap or apologize for said crap, but he didn't bring it up. He got bated into it and fell hook, line, and sinker.

Best of luck to those injured over the weekend. Stay hungry and come back better than every next year!

Yep! And even though he was hidden behind a fake name, it was pretty obvious by his writing who did it...McFeely even called him out on it.

Christopher Moen
09-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Yep! And even though he was hidden behind a fake name, it was pretty obvious by his writing who did it...McFeely even called him out on it.

Some guy name Sam? Hmmm, I wonder what human McFeely is talking about?

Mr. Burgundy
09-05-2017, 07:25 PM

Thanks for your concern. You certainly have a different tone or maybe "hate" toward NDSU on ss.com. Injuries happen to everyone. Very much part of the game. Stinks for the kid. Nobody is going to feel sorry for NDSU. Some years are worse than others. Hope the special teams can remain strong. This is an early season test for sure.

Bison20
09-05-2017, 08:24 PM
It sounded like the wanted to keep connor inside to use his sizr at guard. Hopefully Cordell volson is ready as he was another big recruit with fbs offers. Him and bacon will probably get the first chance at winning the job and keeping connor at guard

09-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Thanks for your concern. You certainly have a different tone or maybe "hate" toward NDSU on ss.com. Injuries happen to everyone. Very much part of the game. Stinks for the kid. Nobody is going to feel sorry for NDSU. Some years are worse than others. Hope the special teams can remain strong. This is an early season test for sure.

I just don't wish injuries on anyone.
I'm a UND fan, no secret there, have many friends and relatives that are alumni of NDSU, went to many games at NDSU, not all football, and plan to continue.
I don't hate NDSU, the state of ND is very fortunate to have NDSU. When trolls respond in a negative way toward UND on ss.com, I shoot arrows back. You guys do the same to me on Bisonville.com, although I'll add my personal message box on here contains some messages that I would not send to someone. Rivalries are a lot of fun and ribbing the other team is great. Remember the days of ribbing without the interent, fans mostly got along. There's still the real world out there after the football game. Good luck in E. Wash.

Christopher Moen
09-05-2017, 08:57 PM
I'm a UND fan, no secret there, have many friends and relatives that are alumni of NDSU, went to many games at NDSU, not all football, and plan to continue.
I don't hate NDSU, the state of ND is very fortunate to have NDSU. When trolls respond in a negative way toward UND on ss.com, I shoot arrows back. You guys do the same to me on Bisonville.com, although I'll add my personal message box on here contains some messages that I would not send to someone. Rivalries are a lot of fun and ribbing the other team is great. Remember the days of ribbing without the interent, fans mostly got along. There's still the real world out there after the football game. Good luck in E. Wash.

SS.com? You F'Hawkers got some explaining to do!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PWXTjxTTe8

Professor Chaos
09-05-2017, 10:16 PM

12.8.1.5 Five-Year Rule Waiver. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement, or its designated committee, by a two-thirds majority of its members present and voting, may approve waivers of the five-year rule as it deems appropriate.

12.8.1.5.1 Waiver Criteria. A waiver of the five-year period of eligibility is designed to provide a student-athlete with the opportunity to participate in four seasons of intercollegiate competition within a five-year period. This waiver may be granted, based upon objective evidence, for reasons that are beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution, which deprive the student-athlete of the opportunity to participate for more than one season in his or her sport within the five-year period. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement reserves the right to review requests that do not meet the more-than-one-year criteria detailed in this bylaw for circumstances of extraordinary or extreme hardship. A student-athlete who has exhausted his or her five years of eligibility may continue to practice (but not compete) for a maximum of 30 consecutive calendar days, provided the student-athlete’s institution has submitted a waiver request. The student-athlete may not commence practice until the institution has filed such a request. Further, if such a request is denied prior to exhausting the 30-day practice period, the student-athlete must cease all practice activities upon the institution’s notification of the denial.

12.8.1.5.1.1 Circumstances Beyond Control. Circumstances considered to be beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution and do not cause a participation opportunity to be used shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) Situations clearly supported by contemporaneous medical documentation, which states that a student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate competition as a result of incapacitating physical or mental circumstances;
(b) The student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate athletics as a result of a life-threatening or incapacitating injury or illness suffered by a member of the student-athlete’s immediate family, which clearly is supported by contemporaneous medical documentation;
(c) Reliance by the student-athlete upon written, contemporaneous, clearly erroneous academic advice provided to the student-athlete from a specific academic authority from a collegiate institution regarding the academic status of the student-athlete or prospective student-athlete, which directly leads to that individual not being eligible to participate and, but for the clearly erroneous advice, the student-athlete would have established eligibility for intercollegiate competition;
(d) Natural disasters (e.g., earthquake, flood); and
(e) Extreme financial difficulties as a result of a specific event (e.g., layoff, death in the family) experienced by the student-athlete or by an individual upon whom the student-athlete is legally dependent, which prohibit the student-athlete from participating in intercollegiate athletics. These circumstances must be clearly supported by objective documentation (e.g., decree of bankruptcy, proof of termination) and must be beyond the control of the student-athlete or the individual upon whom the student-athlete is legally dependent.

12.8.1.5.1.2 Circumstances Within Control. Circumstances that are considered to be within the control of the student-athlete or the institution and cause a participation opportunity to be used include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) A student-athlete’s decision to attend an institution that does not sponsor his/her sport, or decides not to participate at an institution that does sponsor his/her sport;
(b) An inability to participate due to failure to meet institutional/conference or NCAA academic requirements, or disciplinary reasons or incarceration culminating in or resulting from a conviction;
(c) Reliance by a student-athlete upon misinformation from a coaching staff member;
(d) Redshirt year;
(e) An inability to participate as a result of a transfer year in residence or fulfilling a condition for restoration of eligibility; and
(f) A student-athlete’s lack of understanding regarding the specific starting date of his or her five-year period of eligibility.

I'm not quite sure I understand why this rule would dictate that Radunz can't get a 6th year in 2021 if he applies after the 2020 season. It reads to me as you apply after your 5 years of eligibility are up. Vraa wasn't the first one to take advantage of this. Off the top of my head I can recall Kevin Vaadeland (in 2014 maybe???) and Shamen Washington in 2007-2008ish.

Christopher Moen
09-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Any word on Ross Godfrey? The collision looked pretty devastating for a guy his size taking on big dude and probably ended up with a concussion as a result.

Hammersmith
09-06-2017, 01:38 AM
I'm not quite sure I understand why this rule would dictate that Radunz can't get a 6th year in 2021 if he applies after the 2020 season. It reads to me as you apply after your 5 years of eligibility are up. Vraa wasn't the first one to take advantage of this. Off the top of my head I can recall Kevin Vaadeland (in 2014 maybe???) and Shamen Washington in 2007-2008ish.

I'll strip it down to the minimum.

12.8.1.5 Five-Year Rule Waiver. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement may approve waivers of the five-year rule

12.8.1.5.1 Waiver Criteria. This waiver may be granted for reasons that are beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution.

12.8.1.5.1.1 Circumstances Beyond Control.
(a) A student-athlete is unable to participate as a result of incapacitating physical circumstances (AKA: injury)

12.8.1.5.1.2 Circumstances Within Control.
(d) Redshirt year

Vraa was able to do it because he was injured as a true freshman before the season started. So that counted as a true medical redshirt year as opposed to a developmental redshirt year. The exact same thing happened to Vaadeland. Shamen played as a true freshman and never developmentally redshirted. He got his 6th year because he lost all of his third year and most of his fifth year due to injury(he also lost a third of his first year). If Radunz didn't play last year because of injury(don't think that was the case), then he could get an extra year, but if he was healthy last year and didn't play purely due to developmental reasons, then he's SOL.

BisManBison
09-06-2017, 03:38 AM
How did Deluca get a medical redshirt? He never redshirted so he qualified since he only played 3 games last year?

56BISON73
09-06-2017, 03:59 AM
How did Deluca get a medical redshirt? He never redshirted so he qualified since he only played 3 games last year?

Yes............

Hail bison
09-06-2017, 04:05 AM
so I'll skip the "personal message box" and tell you to fuck off

scottietohottie
09-06-2017, 11:31 AM
I've seen some teams where the entire lines wear Don Joy knee braces. Is this something the Bison need to look at?

Tore my ACL and meniscus when I was in highschool. It sucks for Dillon but at least it's an injury that he can recover from and be back to 100%. Yeah he's losing a year as a Bison but hopefully with his talent he can get fixed up and have a football career after Bison football. Best of luck Dillon. Go Bison.

Professor Chaos
09-06-2017, 11:50 AM
I'll strip it down to the minimum.

12.8.1.5 Five-Year Rule Waiver. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement may approve waivers of the five-year rule

12.8.1.5.1 Waiver Criteria. This waiver may be granted for reasons that are beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution.

12.8.1.5.1.1 Circumstances Beyond Control.
(a) A student-athlete is unable to participate as a result of incapacitating physical circumstances (AKA: injury)

12.8.1.5.1.2 Circumstances Within Control.
(d) Redshirt year

Vraa was able to do it because he was injured as a true freshman before the season started. So that counted as a true medical redshirt year as opposed to a developmental redshirt year. The exact same thing happened to Vaadeland. Shamen played as a true freshman and never developmentally redshirted. He got his 6th year because he lost all of his third year and most of his fifth year due to injury(he also lost a third of his first year). If Radunz didn't play last year because of injury(don't think that was the case), then he could get an extra year, but if he was healthy last year and didn't play purely due to developmental reasons, then he's SOL.
So you need to have two years taken away for reasons beyond your control to get one back for a hardship waiver?

IzzyFlexion
09-06-2017, 02:03 PM
I've seen some teams where the entire lines wear Don Joy knee braces. Is this something the Bison need to look at?

Tore my ACL and meniscus when I was in highschool. It sucks for Dillon but at least it's an injury that he can recover from and be back to 100%. Yeah he's losing a year as a Bison but hopefully with his talent he can get fixed up and have a football career after Bison football. Best of luck Dillon. Go Bison.

The Big 10 was the first conference to mandate the wearing of Donjoy Defiance ACL braces on all offensive lineman as a preventative measure. (nearly 20 years ago)

Cool Story Bro Warning:

I repped this product back in the day and did a custom fitting for Harrison Ford. He tore his knee up during the filing of The Fugitive. He wore this brace under his pants during much of the film's shooting.
https://www.moviefone.com/2013/08/07/the-fugitive-25-things-you-didnt-know/

NDSU_grad
09-06-2017, 02:40 PM
So you need to have two years taken away for reasons beyond your control to get one back for a hardship waiver?
Basically, yes.

scottietohottie
09-06-2017, 03:19 PM
The Big 10 was the first conference to mandate the wearing of Donjoy Defiance ACL braces on all offensive lineman as a preventative measure. (nearly 20 years ago)

Cool Story Bro Warning:

I repped this product back in the day and did a custom fitting for Harrison Ford. He tore his knee up during the filing of The Fugitive. He wore this brace under his pants during much of the film's shooting.
https://www.moviefone.com/2013/08/07/the-fugitive-25-things-you-didnt-know/

So has the big ten seen any positive results in the last 20 years.

I've just realized I'm a creepy old guy.

THEsocalledfan
09-06-2017, 03:37 PM
So has the big ten seen any positive results in the last 20 years.

I've just realized I'm a creepy old guy.

I just did a very quick search and turned up very little scientific data to definitively say they work for much of anything. Again, did not look hard, so would appreciate other sharing scientific data.

Funny thing is my mom and dad bought them for my older brother, then wanted me to wear them when he was done. I found they seemed to limit my speed, and that was about all I had for athletic gifts, so I ditched them. Glad I did.

Professor Chaos
09-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Basically, yes.
Ah, well that makes sense then. Crummy deal for Dillon but if he keeps the career arc he was on he may be looking at the NFL by spring of 2021 so coming back for a 6th year might not even be in his best inerests anyway.

Bison"FANatic"
09-06-2017, 04:03 PM
I just did a very quick search and turned up very little scientific data to definitively say they work for much of anything. Again, did not look hard, so would appreciate other sharing scientific data.

Funny thing is my mom and dad bought them for my older brother, then wanted me to wear them when he was done. I found they seemed to limit my speed, and that was about all I had for athletic gifts, so I ditched them. Glad I did.

I do not believe there is conclusive evidence one way or another in the research.

Now my professional stance on them is if the brace feels good and the person does not feel hampered by bracing then by all means go for it with one caveat. The person must have and continue to strengthen the surrounding musculature and continue to do proprioceptive rehabilitation to the lower extremity joints.

09-06-2017, 04:14 PM
so I'll skip the "personal message box" and tell you to fuck off

Keep a positive attitude, it's only FB, life goes on after each game. Wait - Bull$hit, just a game, this stuff counts, they keep standings, people get hurt, people make a living in sports, I can't sleep the day before a game, on and on.
OK, maybe you have the right being I'm on your board. Good luck in E. Wash., that is if they have the game, pretty smokey.

Bison 4 Life
09-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Keep a positive attitude, it's only FB, life goes on after each game. Wait - Bull$hit, just a game, this stuff counts, they keep standings, people get hurt, people make a living in sports, I can't sleep the day before a game, on and on.
OK, maybe you have the right being I'm on your board. Good luck in E. Wash., that is if they have the game, pretty smokey.

You should be proud. He's been pretty mellow of late. I love it when he tells people to fuck off. I've missed it.

scottietohottie
09-06-2017, 04:34 PM
You should be proud. He's been pretty mellow of late. I love it when he tells people to fuck off. I've missed it.

Holy crap I'm agreeing with b4 life!

Bison 4 Life
09-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Holy crap I'm agreeing with b4 life!

It's because I have mostly reasonable opinions and god damn these F'hawkers are annoying here.

Hail bison
09-07-2017, 03:42 AM

You are the quintessential douchebag. You come to this forum taunting and degrading what THE North Dakota State has accomplished. It's historical. You and your Canadian , hockey loving ilk can enjoy that shit hole that is Grand Forks. Your town is filthy and you are truly the anus of our otherwise fine state. Rude assholes with a jealous iron rod up your ass. Sioux Suck, you suck and,again, go fuck yourself. You are not a guest, you are an asshole.

09-07-2017, 04:21 AM
You are the quintessential douchebag. You come to this forum taunting and degrading what THE North Dakota State has accomplished. It's historical. You and your Canadian , hockey loving ilk can enjoy that shit hole that is Grand Forks. Your town is filthy and you are truly the anus of our otherwise fine state. Rude assholes with a jealous iron rod up your ass. Sioux Suck, you suck and,again, go fuck yourself. You are not a guest, you are an asshole.

You like VB?

Christopher Moen
09-07-2017, 05:09 AM
You like VB?

Who doesn't?

http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Tex-Mex-back-and-forth.gif

09-07-2017, 05:24 AM
Who doesn't?

http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Tex-Mex-back-and-forth.gif

That's a better game than the one in GF today.

GFBison
09-07-2017, 05:53 AM
You like VB?

If he did he would be posting in the VB forum.

Christopher Moen
09-07-2017, 06:04 AM
That's a better game than the one in GF today.

Game? What the heck are you paying attention to?

I suspect you are a fan of gladiator movies.

EC8CH
09-07-2017, 06:39 AM

The vehement accuracy of this post is really something.

scottietohottie
09-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Do they practice on the same surface that's in the dome?

Is it the 3/4" cleats?

3 ACL's in basically fall camp!

Crazy.

Bison 4 Life
09-08-2017, 01:06 PM

Is it the 3/4" cleats?

Crazy.

can't wait for the McFeely column.

HerdBot
09-08-2017, 01:15 PM

Is it the 3/4" cleats?

Crazy.

Illies happened on grass. Radunz in the game. Jaxon Brown in the game. Purify in the game. Menard on practice turf. We've been on this turf since 2012 and we're not hit any harder than other teams over 6 years so I think it's just a flukey deal.

Ironically the elimination of 2 a days started this year

BisonNation11
09-08-2017, 01:35 PM

Is it the 3/4" cleats?

Crazy.

That would be 4. Menard, Radunz, Purifoy, DeLuca. If you throw in the end of last season, Tanguay. Only real change that I know of is the equipment manager and turf at Dacotah Field. With this many similar injuries, being a fluke is starting to run out steam with me.

EndZoneQB
09-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Illies happened on grass. Radunz in the game. Jaxon Brown in the game. Purify in the game. Menard on practice turf. We've been on this turf since 2012 and we're not hit any harder than other teams over 6 years so I think it's just a flukey deal.

Ironically the elimination of 2 a days started this year

Wait, did I miss Illies tearing his ACL?

wisco4
09-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Wait, did I miss Illies tearing his ACL?
No, Illies and Brown not ACL injuries. Not certain DeLuca is either. Just flukes, last post is concerned about equipment manager? My gosh.

BisonNation11
09-08-2017, 01:51 PM
No, Illies and Brown not ACL injuries. Not certain DeLuca is either. Just flukes, last post is concerned about equipment manager? My gosh.

You can call me out. I didn't blame the equipment manager. I simply noted the differences between the last year to the previous years during the championship run. However, if we're giving players the wrong cleats for our turf, than that can cause problems. If Nike is using a different material in the making of their cleats that doesn't go well with our turf, that can cause problems. It's hard not to notice an uptick in knee injuries though compared to the last several years. And with the number of them, yeah, I'm starting to believe there's a reason instead of it being a fluke.

CAS4127
09-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Why do I feel we we had a rash of ACL tears on WBB team many years back and inquiry into possible reasons was done with an eye toward S&C changes?

Even if that is not an accurate recollection, that needs to be done here. None (as I recall/understand) of these ACL tears this year and last have been from direct contact to the knee: rather, they have occurred from planting foot, making a cut, or when under stress from blocking or attempts to gain leverage. NDSU needs to look into this, and quickly IMO. Something isn't right in my mind anyway.

wisco4
09-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Why do I feel we we had a rash of ACL tears on WBB team many years back and inquiry into possible reasons was done with an eye toward S&C changes?

Even if that is not an accurate recollection, that needs to be done here. None (as I recall/understand) of these ACL tears this year and last have been from direct contact to the knee: rather, they have occurred from planting foot, making a cut, or when under stress from blocking or attempts to gain leverage. NDSU needs to look into this, and quickly IMO. Something isn't right in my mind anyway.

It is my understanding that Nicks was related to contact and may not even be an ACL. His knees have taken a beating, I believe he had one scoped not long ago. Just part of the deal, yes it sucks, but injuries happen no matter what precautions are taken. I'm sure the athletic staff is on top of it.

bisonmike2
09-08-2017, 02:11 PM
This is really getting old and I'm sick of hearing "next man up!" Fuck that. But nobody is going to feel sorry for us. Unfortunately, the breaks that kills most teams seasons appear to finally be catching up to us. That's what ultimately happened last year. Our "next men up" weren't as good as the guys there were replacing and it cost us a title. Too early to tell if this year is going to suffer the same fate, but we've been extremely fortunate the past 6 years and maybe it's karma correcting itself.

Professor Chaos
09-08-2017, 02:20 PM
This is really getting old and I'm sick of hearing "next man up!" Fuck that. But nobody is going to feel sorry for us. Unfortunately, the breaks that kills most teams seasons appear to finally be catching up to us. That's what ultimately happened last year. Our "next men up" weren't as good as the guys there were replacing and it cost us a title. Too early to tell if this year is going to suffer the same fate, but we've been extremely fortunate the past 6 years and maybe it's karma correcting itself.
Last year's Bison team was capable of winning a national title without Tanguay and Deluca. I'm pretty confident this year's team is capable of winning of national title without Menard and Deluca. The margin of error gets that much smaller though. In 2012 when Heagle and Perry went down for the year they managed even with that slim margin for error, last year they didn't. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-08-2017, 02:24 PM
This sucks majorly. I think what sucks the most is that these are practice injuries. I would be willing to bet these guys would much rather at least have these happen when giving their all and in a game rather than in some drill. Sucks.

I tend to agree with bisonmike2. I am really tired of the "next man up". Karma I guess.

goalpost
09-08-2017, 03:00 PM
This sucks majorly. I think what sucks the most is that these are practice injuries. I would be willing to bet these guys would much rather at least have these happen when giving their all and in a game rather than in some drill. Sucks.

I tend to agree with bisonmike2. I am really tired of the "next man up". Karma I guess.

meniscus tear

Bison"FANatic"
09-08-2017, 04:00 PM

Non contact is how ACL's are usually injured. I looked and Purifoys over and over and over, stepping forward with left foot externally rotated, knee flexed with all the weight and muscles pushing forward and to the right. It was just about text book on the position that a ACL can fail and I am sure he had been in that position many many times before. Sometimes injuries just happen.

I have total confidence in our training staff. These are usually just fluke injuries but when you see a flurry of one type of injury I am sure they are looking at their training? Did they change something? Are we seeing a imbalance in muscles on these guys or a lack of proprioceptive training or needing a different type of proprioceptive training? Countless other things. Knowing many people and having sat through many seminars from individuals that are team physicians and trainers for teams from around the country, they take these flurry of injury situations personally and are always looking at what could we do different to change to PREVENT the injuries from happening. Sometimes it is just bad luck but sometimes there are changes that could be done and someone who is a Professional looks into it and trust me our guys are very Professional.

CAS4127
09-08-2017, 04:08 PM
meniscus tear

If that is the case, there is a chance of him coming back this year, unless he doesn't want to risk further injury.

CAS4127
09-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Non contact is how ACL's are usually injured. I looked and Purifoys over and over and over, stepping forward with left foot externally rotated, knee flexed with all the weight and muscles pushing forward and to the right. It was just about text book on the position that a ACL can fail and I am sure he had been in that position many many times before. Sometimes injuries just happen.

I have total confidence in our training staff. These are usually just fluke injuries but when you see a flurry of one type of injury I am sure they are looking at their training? Did they change something? Are we seeing a imbalance in muscles on these guys or a lack of proprioceptive training or needing a different type of proprioceptive training? Countless other things. Knowing many people and having sat through many seminars from individuals that are team physicians and trainers for teams from around the country, they take these flurry of injury situations personally and are always looking at what could we do different to change to PREVENT the injuries from happening. Sometimes it is just bad luck but sometimes there are changes that could be done and someone who is a Professional looks into it and trust me our guys are very Professional.

@Bold:

I don't know that I can go with ACL's usually being non-contact injuries, but most of our have been.

That is what I am getting at exactly.

BadlandsBison
09-08-2017, 04:59 PM
At least nobody has sh*t their pants. Stay focused on the positives

Bisonator98
09-08-2017, 06:05 PM
At least nobody has sh*t their pants. Stay focused on the positives

:o:innocent::paperbag:

Bison 4 Life
09-08-2017, 06:06 PM
can't wait for the McFeely column.

I had to say something. http://www.inforum.com/news/4324781-mcfeely-how-many-key-injuries-can-bison-survive

Christopher Moen
09-08-2017, 06:54 PM

I rewatched the game using my Bison All-Access account. With that version, you can see where Dillon got injured. Basically he's pushing a guy backwards like a Mack Truck versus a Prius and all of sudden he falls down. Didn't look like he took much of lateral cut, just abusing the defender like a man-beast, then done.

I know I posted this earlier, but I feel the cleats might somewhat of an issue. In DeLuca's case, the injury was contact related from what I've heard. Wishing the best for the dude. We have to remember, football is a violent game played by big men, especially at this level. Injuries, sadly, should be expected.

bisonmike2
09-08-2017, 08:04 PM
I had to say something. http://www.inforum.com/news/4324781-mcfeely-how-many-key-injuries-can-bison-survive

He's not wrong on any of it.

thebigund
09-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Game? What the heck are you paying attention to?

I suspect you are a fan of gladiator movies.

He's spent some time in a cock pit

thebigund
09-08-2017, 08:15 PM
@Bold:

I don't know that I can go with ACL's usually being non-contact injuries, but most of our have been.

That is what I am getting at exactly.
From what I've read hamstring strength is the most important way to "prevent" ACLs. Really though it seems to come down to shit luck.

Hammersmith
09-08-2017, 10:03 PM

We did, but it's a slightly different situation. From what I've read/heard, knee injuries among women in jumping sports(basketball, volleyball, etc.) are uncomfortably common unless your S&C program is really on the ball or the athletes came from high schools with good trainers. Among other things, women tend to jump and land with their knees and toes tilted inward. Men tend to use a more open stance. It's mostly due to cultural training. Wearing skirts/dresses, women grow up leaning to keep their legs together for the purposes of modesty(I tried so hard to phrase that better). Landing in a closed position adds stress to the knee. Coupled with generally weaker muscles surrounding the knee, this creates a much higher likelihood of knee injuries among female athletes.

In the case of NDSU a few years back, the rash of ACL injuries caused the S&C program to retrain the women how to jump and land and also added additional exercises to strengthen the surrounding muscles. Or something to that effect. Since most of the problems back then were purely gender related, I don't know how many parallels we can really draw to the current situation.

In the end, the structure of the knee is just not well adapted to what we ask of it today. Rather advanced genetic engineering is about the only thing that is going to permantly solve the problem, and that's a couple lifetime's away.

DIBISON
09-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Cole Davis out for at least 4 weeks with an AC shoulder separation, Ty Brooks questionable again for Missouri St. game.

StL Bison Fan
09-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Cole Davis out for at least 4 weeks with an AC shoulder separation, Ty Brooks questionable again for Missouri St. game.
Will Easton not run now?

BFKasper14
09-25-2017, 08:14 PM
Will Easton not run now?

Coach K said nothing changes.

TateMosersneighbor
09-25-2017, 08:45 PM

Oh man...this could be huge. Not in a good way.

Bison 4 Life
09-25-2017, 08:47 PM
Oh man...this could be huge. Not in a good way.

I guess it's good we have all these boring games sooner than later, eh?

Mr. Burgundy
09-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Coach K said nothing changes.

I am not saying he is doing this...but you absolutely cannot trust everything every coach says in every press conference. Is he supposed to say...Yeah, we cannot run out dual threat QB any longer as his main backup is out. I mean that could change how a DC looks at us. Nothing changes is the correct answer. I would say that if we are up and dominating, you aren't going to see designed quarterback runs, or even RPO's, but more of a flat run game. Just my opinion. Coach speak guys.

HerdBot
09-25-2017, 09:38 PM
Will Easton not run now?

He's more likely to get hurt dropping back to pass IMO

SDbison
09-25-2017, 10:48 PM
Opportunity for Van Dellen to step up and show he is a capable #2 QB. He will be in that position next year. I just wish the #2 QB could get in the game for a while with #1 offense and run a good portion of the playbook. When coach waits until its 40-0 the playbook shrinks to basic running plays. Not a real test. Would it be too early take Stick out with 3 to 4 TD lead?

runtheoption
09-25-2017, 11:55 PM
Opportunity for Van Dellen to step up and show he is a capable #2 QB. He will be in that position next year. I just wish the #2 QB could get in the game for a while with #1 offense and run a good portion of the playbook. When coach waits until its 40-0 the playbook shrinks to basic running plays. Not a real test. Would it be too early take Stick out with 3 to 4 TD lead? That would be a safe lead with our D. I am probably missing an obvious one, but I don't remember the last time we gave up 20-30 point lead into a close game where the #1's would have to come back in.

southcliffbison
09-26-2017, 02:57 AM
That would be a safe lead with our D. I am probably missing an obvious one, but I don't remember the last time we gave up 20-30 point lead into a close game where the #1's would have to come back in.

Three years ago, USD at the Dome......anyone......Buehler?

tjbison
09-26-2017, 03:13 AM
feel bad for Cole, kid stuck it out in a situation he knew would keep him on the sideline

Bison20
09-26-2017, 03:27 AM
feel bad for Cole, kid stuck it out in a situation he knew would keep him on the sideline

It's to bad especially since he probably didn't need to dive. Hopefully he can heal quick.

CAS4127
09-26-2017, 03:44 AM
It's to bad especially since he probably didn't need to dive. Hopefully he can heal quick.

Lack of experience in diving and rolling. Don't do that in practice. Self-inflicted injury basically.

Scooter1
09-26-2017, 03:47 AM
Shit. Who is our backup holder for field goals?

EC8CH
09-26-2017, 03:56 AM
Shit. Who is our backup holder for field goals?

Jackson Koonce

runtheoption
09-26-2017, 04:18 AM
Three years ago, USD at the Dome......anyone......Buehler?Being up 14-0 with 2:30 left in the 1st quarter until USD made it 14-7 at the 10:38 mark in the 2nd quarter, where the #1's never came out of the game, isn't quite what I was going for.

Mr Meaty
09-26-2017, 11:04 AM
Jackson Koonce

Correct, but Cole could come back sooner to just hold and still not be backup qb

bisonaudit
09-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Correct, but Cole could come back sooner to just hold and still not be backup qb

Don't you need full mobility in your right shoulder to field and place the snap for a right footed kicker? Also, we could just not kick any FGs or PATs and play offense for 4 downs on the plus side of the field like the numbers suggest teams should anyway.

Bisonfanatical
09-26-2017, 02:41 PM
It's to bad especially since he probably didn't need to dive. Hopefully he can heal quick.Maybe it was me, but I thought that He received a shove from behind and did not necessarily dive?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CalBison97
09-26-2017, 06:22 PM

I don't think the staff would have him do that unless near 100%. Bad/muffed snap that may require Cole to run/throw? Not worth the risk.

thebootfitter
09-26-2017, 07:13 PM
Don't you need full mobility in your right shoulder to field and place the snap for a right footed kicker? Also, we could just not kick any FGs or PATs and play offense for 4 downs on the plus side of the field like the numbers suggest teams should anyway.
Preach it, Audit!

bisonaudit
09-27-2017, 12:35 AM
Preach it, Audit!

Can I get a witness!

TwinCityBison
09-27-2017, 03:37 AM
It's to bad especially since he probably didn't need to dive. Hopefully he can heal quick. he had a bad shoulder going into the year. This just aggravated it more

CAS4127
09-27-2017, 03:39 AM
he had a bad shoulder going into the year. This just aggravated it more

Whatever ....

Christopher Moen
09-27-2017, 03:49 AM
Maybe it was me, but I thought that He received a shove from behind and did not necessarily dive?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, he got a decent shove as he was about to cross into the endzone (forward to 2:40).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GD2KHiBoZo

wisco4
09-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Whatever ....

From what I have heard Cole has been nursing a bad shoulder for quite some time. Your sources are obviously much better or you are his orthopedic surgeon.

CaBisonFan
09-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Did Jalen Allison break a finger?

ByeSonBusiness
09-27-2017, 06:44 PM
Can I get a witness!

Mmmmhmmmmm amen Brother Audit.

WEEEEE SHALL OVERCOME.

Christopher Moen
09-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Did Jalen Allison break a finger?

That or dislocated it. Dude was in pain, but continued to play.

kristind
09-28-2017, 01:41 AM
That or dislocated it. Dude was in pain, but continued to play.We were at that game. The way he supported his hand back to the sideline...and the way they took his arm and his reaction soon after...it certainly looked like he had dislocated something and they put it back in place.

I was surprised to see him on the field so soon after.

Dubbsy
09-28-2017, 03:49 PM
That or dislocated it. Dude was in pain, but continued to play.

Dislocated pinky finger according to TV sideline update. Taped it up.

IzzyFlexion
09-29-2017, 01:11 AM
We were at that game. The way he supported his hand back to the sideline...and the way they took his arm and his reaction soon after...it certainly looked like he had dislocated something and they put it back in place.

If I had a nickel.............

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/95/24/d9/9524d9a94294c77f726c68343902f12f--medical-problems-bobs.jpg

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2017, 01:34 AM
That's going to be nasty in 40 years

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2Av5pkCYAAZAi_.jpg

A1pigskin
10-01-2017, 02:58 PM
That's going to be nasty in 40 years

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2Av5pkCYAAZAi_.jpg

Wearing gloves has to be a bitch.

Professor Chaos
10-01-2017, 05:05 PM
So not only does it look like Marlette will be out for an extended time if not the season but he was injured on a blatant block/hold in the back right in front of a referee who didn't touch his flag.

https://youtu.be/RWUAVen2vG0?t=44m24s

I'd say that's Exhibit A on why that is/should be a penalty and Exhibit Z on how bad the officiating was yesterday.

HerdBot
10-01-2017, 05:39 PM
So not only does it look like Marlette will be out for an extended time if not the season but he was injured on a blatant block/hold in the back right in front of a referee who didn't touch his flag.

I'd say that's Exhibit A on why that is/should be a penalty and Exhibit Z on how bad the officiating was yesterday.

It's hard to tell by the angle. Hope he's alright. Sometimes things are better or worse than they look. Bum deal

A1pigskin
10-01-2017, 07:27 PM

Can't tell 100%.

thebigund
10-02-2017, 03:15 AM
Just curious, and in need of perspective, who all is out for you guys right now. I know Deluca was at one point, but who is out right now?

Nevermind. One of your ilk just posted a list on our board.

EC8CH
10-02-2017, 05:23 AM
Just curious, and in need of perspective, who all is out for you guys right now. I know Deluca was at one point, but who is out right now?

This post is so #butthurt.

TAILG8R
10-02-2017, 02:43 PM

Are you looking for a comparison of talent that isn't playing for the Bison right now vs talent that isn't playing for the F'Hawkers? Just look at the list of our walk ons that haven't made it to the field yet.

southcliffbison
10-02-2017, 03:14 PM

Well, then join your "Woe are We" forum.

89MTBISON
10-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Marlette out for the season. http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/4337069-bison-linebacker-marlette-out-acl-injury

stevdock
10-02-2017, 08:54 PM

It would be nice to have a list of who is hurt with what. I didn't know until halfway through the Robert Morris game that Ty Brooks was out and I still don't know what's going on there.

jcdcubs
10-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Let's switch... Nick Deluca is back, Marlette is out for the season. I'm not that big concern. Still good defense anyway.....

89MTBISON
10-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Question for any of the orthopedic minded people here. Is there any science behind ACL injury prevention? Thought I read somewhere that hamstring strength/flexibility plays a role in ACL injuries. We have certainly had our share of knee injuries , probably a common football situation. I for one would prefer not to hear the "next man up" slogan again this year.

thebigund
10-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Are you looking for a comparison of talent that isn't playing for the Bison right now vs talent that isn't playing for the F'Hawkers? Just look at the list of our walk ons that haven't made it to the field yet.

I was literally just looking for a list of NDSU guys that are hurt and where they started the season on the depth chart. Straight up comparison since alot of UND fans feel that we have expericenced an inordinant ammount of injuries to a couple positions. For example, we've lost 5 MLBs.

bisonfanette
10-02-2017, 11:51 PM
Let's switch... Nick Deluca is back, Marlette is out for the season. I'm not that big concern. Still good defense anyway.....

Marlette was having such a good start in this season... really feel bad for him. Is he a junior? (eligibility wise) Same class as Steidl, Connor, etc?

GenX
10-03-2017, 12:01 AM
Marlette was having such a good start in this season... really feel bad for him. Is he a junior? (eligibility wise) Same class as Steidl, Connor, etc?

Redshirt junior. Curious if he could get a 6th year via a medical redshirt. Anyone know the rules? Thanks in advance.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2017, 12:13 AM
Redshirt junior. Curious if he could get a 6th year via a medical redshirt. Anyone know the rules? Thanks in advance.
Highly doubtful. It was explained to me when Deluca got hurt but you can only apply for a medical redshirt if you lose 2 or more seasons due to "circumstances beyond your control". Since Marlette was voluntarily redshirted in 2014 (I believe) that doesn't count towards his 2 seasons. Plus I believe the threshold to consider it a full season lost is 30% of regular season games played or less and Marlette did play in 4 of 11 (36%) regular season games this year.

EC8CH
10-03-2017, 12:13 AM

No, he already redshirted for non medical reasons.

bruinbison
10-10-2017, 01:48 PM
From Kolpack’s article today

“Klieman said he expects linebacker Matt Plank to return to the field this week. On the flipside, running back Ty Brooks is probably out with a hamstring injury suffered at Indiana State. Receiver Sean Engel missed last week with a leg injury, but is listed as the backup receiver on this week’s depth chart.”

RedRiver
10-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Chris Board has a sprained MCL, week to week, same with Adam Cofield. They are not season ending injuries.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Chris Board has a sprained MCL, week to week, same with Adam Cofield. They are not season ending injuries.

Good grief, now thin at RB. They need Ty back; I noticed he is on depth chart. Getting Plank and Ty back is imperative at this point.

Professor Chaos
10-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Plank did come back against YSU at least. I don't recall seeing him out there but he did play according to the participation report. http://stats.gobison.com/fb/2017/indgbg.htm

Bison20
10-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Plank did come back against YSU at least. I don't recall seeing him out there but he did play according to the participation report. http://stats.gobison.com/fb/2017/indgbg.htm

I saw plank in on the goal line touchdown to tie the game. Didn't notice him on any other plays. Maybe special teams?

TwinCityBison
10-16-2017, 11:23 PM
I saw plank in on the goal line touchdown to tie the game. Didn't notice him on any other plays. Maybe special teams? Coach said he played some special teams to get some rust off. There hoping he can get some good snaps this week. Very thin at LB said Robbie G and Jaylon W would be emergency outside LB's. Ross K also will get looks this week

MAKBison
10-18-2017, 12:38 AM
I am so pissed off with Dan Marlette's injury. I so wanted to see Cox and ND on the sides with DM in the middle

X-Factor
10-18-2017, 06:37 PM
I am so pissed off with Dan Marlette's injury. I so wanted to see Cox and ND on the sides with DM in the middle

Agreed. But we have learned some valuable things from the young players that have been stepping up. I used to think that next year's defense would see a drop off, now I am pretty confident that won't be the case, especially considering Menard's situation. Also, next year's offense should be considerably better, so maybe that is the silver lining in this injury mess.

A1pigskin
10-21-2017, 03:04 PM

Cox is stepping up. But this one hurts.

MAKBison
10-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Cox is stepping up. But this one hurts.

can you imagine a Cox, Marlett, Daluca lb core. that would hace been awesone....freaking injuries

MAKBison
10-21-2017, 05:20 PM
Agreed. But we have learned some valuable things from the young players that have been stepping up. I used to think that next year's defense would see a drop off, now I am pretty confident that won't be the case, especially considering Menard's situation. Also, next year's offense should be considerably better, so maybe that is the silver lining in this injury mess.
really....i kinda think the talent behind a lot of these guys has the potential to be better .

we wont know untill we know, but recruiting has kicked sone serious ass the past few years.

A1pigskin
10-22-2017, 02:51 PM
With so many injuries it difficult to talk about them all. Someone is left off.

Nick and Nate not 100%
Menard out.
Dan out.
Dunn is added to the list and probably won't be 100%.
Cain still injured.
Board not playing.

Did I miss anyone?

Mr Meaty
10-22-2017, 02:55 PM
With so many injuries it difficult to talk about them all. Someone is left off.

Nick and Nate not 100%
Menard out.
Dan out.
Dunn is added to the list and probably won't be 100%.
Cain still injured.
Board not playing.

Did I miss anyone?

Purifoy
Cofield
Davis
Radunz

A1pigskin
10-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Purifoy
Cofield
Davis
Radunz

My point proven with these impact players. 8 of the 11 not playing. I am counting Dunn will be back but not 100%.

A1pigskin
10-22-2017, 03:01 PM
Purifoy
Cofield
Davis
Radunz

And Brooks.

9 of 12 out.

StL Bison Fan
10-22-2017, 04:20 PM
And yet they win...
And don't whine

wagsabison
10-23-2017, 01:26 PM
Let's say Dunn has a hip pointer(it sounds like it's something like that). Is that a week to week type an injury or is this something that sidelines him for a couple games? It'd be nice if he could at least play a little on Saturday to give Bruce a breather. The RB position is going to be interesting from here on out.

Mr Meaty
10-23-2017, 01:37 PM
Let's say Dunn has a hip pointer(it sounds like it's something like that). Is that a week to week type an injury or is this something that sidelines him for a couple games? It'd be nice if he could at least play a little on Saturday to give Bruce a breather. The RB position is going to be interesting from here on out.

It sure will be. Dimitri Williams was a RB back in high school and Coach mentioned he would be the emergency RB. Maybe Brock Robbins will get some carries.

Bisonator98
10-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Sure got thin at RB in a hurry. Here's to hoping Lance and TY can play this week. I'd definitely see what Dimitri can do if it's only Bruce available.

Professor Chaos
10-23-2017, 04:50 PM
I heard secondhand (so take it for what it's worth) from Ty Brooks parents that he expects to be back this week.

HerdBot
10-23-2017, 05:07 PM

Hip pointers suck and are very painful. You can play through it but hip flexibility is kind of a big deal for a running back. Maybe it would need to be shot up with a pain killer but that doesn't last much longer than a half of football.

Christopher Moen
10-23-2017, 05:19 PM
I heard secondhand (so take it for what it's worth) from Ty Brooks parents that he expects to be back this week.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdIuqJoo8QdKlnW/giphy.gif

https://shawetcanada.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/giphy-1.gif?w=480&h=272&crop=1

KNOW IT ALL
10-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Would like to see Ty Brooks as I think he will light it up when given the chance. The times I have seen him touch the ball he played at a different speed than many around him, he as that extra gear!!!! Bruce will give you the carries and the power. RB is the one area the Bison can get away with some injury. When its a 1st down you need to simply snap it to #12 and clear the middle of the field. Best pure runner on the team.

Bisonator98
10-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Will Cole Davis be back this week?

bisonfanette
10-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Dunn - MRI today & Coach K said he "thinks" they will get Ty back this week. Coach is "live" now...

AKBison
10-23-2017, 07:13 PM

This is probably a much better question to ask. To a point, we can plug and play at RB and even pull a redshirt if needed. One hit to the grape, knee, ribs, etc on Stick would totally derail the season at this point a la Arden Beachy in 1993. A healthy Cole Davis at least gives a guy who can manage a game and produce victories. Maybe not a Natty, but He at least gives us a chance.

coloradobison
10-23-2017, 07:14 PM
This is probably a much better question to ask. To a point, we can plug and play at RB and even pull a redshirt if needed. One hit to the grape, knee, ribs, etc on Stick would totally derail the season at this point a la Arden Beachy in 1993. A healthy Cole Davis at least gives a guy who can manage a game and produce victories. Maybe not a Natty, but He at least gives us a chance.

Sounds like he is 2 weeks away at least...

Mr Meaty
10-23-2017, 07:14 PM

No, he will not. Just covered in weekly presser.

89MTBISON
10-23-2017, 07:51 PM
So who was the #7 throwing deep balls in warm ups pregame against Missery State? I was amazed to see #7 warming up after hearing of Davis' shoulder injury against RMU.

Bison 4 Life
10-23-2017, 07:54 PM
So who was the #7 throwing deep balls in warm ups pregame against Missery State? I was amazed to see #7 warming up after hearing of Davis' shoulder injury against RMU.

I think it was Holden Hotchkiss. That's what I heard anyway. He was sending in signals because Cole couldn't lift his arm.

89MTBISON
10-23-2017, 07:58 PM
I think it was Holden Hotchkiss. That's what I heard anyway. He was sending in signals because Cole couldn't lift his arm.
Interesting, thanks. He threw a pretty good ball.

Mr Meaty
10-23-2017, 08:53 PM

Hotchkiss number listed on the roster is 15. So I am not sure.

BisonNation11
10-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Hotchkiss number listed on the roster is 15. So I am not sure.

It was Hotchkiss. They put him in Cole's jersey for any reason you're welcome to entertain. I'm not sure if him being listed as "dressed" for the game takes his redshirt away if he's in his original number. So if they put him in Cole's number, he's technically not using "his" number??? Regardless, he was the 3rd backup that day from what I was told so very thankful nothing came down to him having to lose his redshirt. He's the guy I'm pegging to take over in 2019.

coloradobison
10-23-2017, 09:55 PM
It was Hotchkiss. They put him in Cole's jersey for any reason you're welcome to entertain. I'm not sure if him being listed as "dressed" for the game takes his redshirt away if he's in his original number. So if they put him in Cole's number, he's technically not using "his" number??? Regardless, he was the 3rd backup that day from what I was told so very thankful nothing came down to him having to lose his redshirt. He's the guy I'm pegging to take over in 2019.

fairly certain you have to participate in game action to lose a redshirt.

scbison91
10-23-2017, 10:34 PM
Hotchkiss number listed on the roster is 15. So I am not sure. I assume he wore 7 since Easton is used to looking at #7 for signals...

BisonLaw
10-23-2017, 10:59 PM
:facepalm:

You guys ever think he wore #7 because it was the only available number below 20 not being worn by someone else...

bisonfanette
10-23-2017, 11:08 PM
I assume he wore 7 since Easton is used to looking at #7 for signals...

I happen to think this is kind of a good idea :biggrin: !!!

TwinCityBison
10-23-2017, 11:36 PM
It was Hotchkiss. They put him in Cole's jersey for any reason you're welcome to entertain. I'm not sure if him being listed as "dressed" for the game takes his redshirt away if he's in his original number. So if they put him in Cole's number, he's technically not using "his" number??? Regardless, he was the 3rd backup that day from what I was told so very thankful nothing came down to him having to lose his redshirt. He's the guy I'm pegging to take over in 2019. My money is on Henry. He has the NFL arm 70 yards plus... He is a pro style QB with the Size and arm like Carson !!! He is the real deal !!!

CaBisonFan
10-24-2017, 06:45 PM
Any updates on Lance Dunn's condition?

Mr Meaty
10-24-2017, 07:02 PM

Yesterday it was said "doubtful" he would play this weekend. I guess it is a wait and see type deal.

THEsocalledfan
10-24-2017, 07:06 PM

And the bright spot being sounds like they may get get Brooks back.

Bison 4 Life
10-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Yesterday it was said "doubtful" he would play this weekend. I guess it is a wait and see type deal.

That's a shame. I always love shoving him down Farley's throat.

CAS4127
10-29-2017, 08:30 PM

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/10/29/it-looks-like-bison-preparing-for-life-without-dunn/

Gully
10-29-2017, 08:38 PM
My money is on Henry. He has the NFL arm 70 yards plus... He is a pro style QB with the Size and arm like Carson !!! He is the real deal !!!

He has a pretty strong arm but he looks really slow. That will have to improve if he wants to be the starter.

EC8CH
10-29-2017, 08:42 PM
http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/10/29/it-looks-like-bison-preparing-for-life-without-dunn/

Mcfeely must have injured his butt covering this story. Seems like it's hurting him.

Christopher Moen
10-29-2017, 08:52 PM

Nothing on Cofield has me concerned about his health.

Bison"FANatic"
10-29-2017, 10:04 PM
Even with pulling his redshirt with no senior RB's we can redshirt him next year hopefully and still be in the same position as we would have been anyway after next season eligibility wise.

Gully
10-30-2017, 12:41 AM
Mcfeely must have injured his butt covering this story. Seems like it's hurting him.

He's still pissed that his employer's "bid" was exposed for the joke that it was.

Bisonator98
10-30-2017, 12:50 AM
Even with pulling his redshirt with no senior RB's we can redshirt him next year hopefully and still be in the same position as we would have been anyway after next season eligibility wise.

:confused:

Bison"FANatic"
10-30-2017, 01:25 AM
I was talking about Seth Wilson. He probably is not going to break the starting line up next year without injuries again so he could take his redshirt year next year and still have 3 years to play after that. We would be out nothing and he would get more time to develop instead of playing mop up duty. Now this would all change with injuries happened again next year.

We are in a strange position with all RB's being underclassmen.

Bisonator98
10-30-2017, 03:22 AM
I was talking about Seth Wilson. He probably is not going to break the starting line up next year without injuries again so he could take his redshirt year next year and still have 3 years to play after that. We would be out nothing and he would get more time to develop instead of playing mop up duty. Now this would all change with injuries happened again next year.

We are in a strange position with all RB's being underclassmen.

You can't just take a redshirt year once it's pulled.

EC8CH
10-30-2017, 03:25 AM

Blake Slaughter, Kansas State. Said he wanted to red shirt for the good of the team. Most inspiring thing I heard that day until I heard Brock Jensen tell his mom he loved her. He knew she was watching.

Professor Chaos
10-30-2017, 03:28 AM
I'm pretty sure Sam Ojuri did it in 2010. He played as a true frosh during that awful 2009 season, redshirted in 2010, and then played a significant role on the 2011-2013 titles teams.

BisonLaw
10-30-2017, 03:30 AM
I'm pretty sure Sam Ojuri did it in 2010. He played as a true frosh during that awful 2009 season, redshirted in 2010, and then played a significant role on the 2011-2013 titles teams.

You are correct. I think this would be a great plan for Seth Wilson as well.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4618

Bisonator98
10-30-2017, 03:34 AM
Hmmm i thought once you played your eligibility clock started and it would take an injury to be granted a redshirt.

bisonforever
10-30-2017, 03:48 AM
Hmmm i thought once you played your eligibility clock started and it would take an injury to be granted a redshirt. You can redshirt any year within a 5 year stretch. Menard is basically redshirting this year for example.

td577
10-30-2017, 07:09 AM
Whatever happened to the rule proposed this year allowing 4 games to be played before losing redshirt. I am pretty good at finding stuff on google, but I am only finding the rules proposal.

Christopher Moen
10-30-2017, 08:28 AM
Whatever happened to the rule proposed this year allowing 4 games to be played before losing redshirt. I am pretty good at finding stuff on google, but I am only finding the rules proposal.

I believe it's a percentage of games played by your team, like 25%. Hence why DeLuca played up to three games believing we'll play at least 12 games (11 regular season and at least one playoff game).

I know there was also a proposal to allow redshirts to play a number of games, perhaps for late in the season. I can't remember the exact proposal, but I don't think it got passed.

Bison"FANatic"
10-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Hmmm i thought once you played your eligibility clock started and it would take an injury to be granted a redshirt.

Once you enroll your eligibility clock starts. 5 years to play 4.

td577
10-30-2017, 11:47 AM
I believe it's a percentage of games played by your team, like 25%. Hence why DeLuca played up to three games believing we'll play at least 12 games (11 regular season and at least one playoff game).

I know there was also a proposal to allow redshirts to play a number of games, perhaps for late in the season. I can't remember the exact proposal, but I don't think it got passed.

Yeah, I am talking about the proposal last off-season. I am only finding the 4 game proposal, not the outcome.

Professor Chaos
10-30-2017, 12:45 PM
Ojuri also had a disciplinary (academic???) issue in 2010 IIRC and that was the main reason he took a redshirt but it would seem kind of silly if the NCAA allowed a kid to redshirt in "mid-stream" only if it was for disciplinary (or medical) reasons. Nothing to stop a school from manufacturing an off-the-field reason to redshirt a kid in that case. Wouldn't put anything past the NCAA's convoluted rulebook though.

Jay
10-30-2017, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I am talking about the proposal last off-season. I am only finding the 4 game proposal, not the outcome.

It's tabled for now.

tjbison
10-30-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm not going to sift thru and have been out of thrr loop, what's wrong with Dunn?

IzzyFlexion
10-30-2017, 01:18 PM
I'm not going to sift thru and have been out of thrr loop, what's wrong with Dunn?

Hip Pointer.

(Bruised iliac crest)

Often turns more purple. yellow, and red more than any contusion you'll ever see. Actually a beautiful array of colors covering several square inches of flesh.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kA5Ne2xwHW0/maxresdefault.jpg

TAILG8R
10-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Seeing Dunn on crutches did not make me hopeful for speedy recovery.

runtheoption
10-30-2017, 04:41 PM
Seeing Dunn on crutches did not make me hopeful for speedy recovery.

He was moving very, very slow. He won't be back anytime soon.

Jay
10-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Lance Dunn, torn labrum. 6 weeks. No surgery. More likely than not done for the year.