PDA

View Full Version : NDSU-SIU game predictions

BisonBacker
11-19-2005, 03:54 AM
Haven't seen any predictions on the game so here goes.
Knowing virtually nothing other then what I have read on them I think this should be a excellent game. I think the difference will be our Defense.
I take the Bison by 10

NDSU 31
SIU 21 ;D

kchats
11-19-2005, 04:11 AM
NDSU 28 SIU 24 with an interception by Bobby Babich to save the win.

MinotBison
11-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Did I read that they are good on offense, but have a problem stopping the run? If they try and stack 8-9 guys on or near the line of scrimmage, I say:

Bison 38
SIU 27

Bisonguy
11-19-2005, 05:14 AM
Did I read that they are good on offense, but have a problem stopping the run? *If they try and stack 8-9 guys on or near the line of scrimmage, I say:

Bison 38
SIU * *27

SIU's secondary is questionable. However, they are capable of shutting down a run-orientated team.

swaghook
11-19-2005, 05:14 AM
Bison 21 SIU 17

TheBisonator
11-19-2005, 07:15 AM
NDSU 31
SIU 24

Salukis bring it to within a TD with 1 minute left, try the onside, and fail.

bisongold
11-19-2005, 03:32 PM
If Perles mixes up the play calling like last game ( and continues to throw the ball) Bison by 10

Tatanka
11-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Bison 24
Puppies 20

Bison score on final drive to stun SIU-C. SIU fans thankful so they can concentrate on basketball.

JBB
11-19-2005, 03:56 PM
If we can play our game on both sides of the ball we will be close at the end. Certainly close enough for a big play to make the difference. We have some guys that can do it so i say the BISON by 3.

I think the challenge is on Walker but our passing game looked good last week. The Salukis give up a lot of third down conversions but do well in that area themselves. That could be a telling stat if Walker gets hot and we get our running game, which I think we will.

TheBisonator
11-19-2005, 04:06 PM
OK... The webcast is warming up, the pizzas are on the way, the pre-game jams are in the boombox, the ESPN is on the tube, the beer is chillin', the hot-tub is hot, it's HAMMERTIME.

GOOOOOO BISON!!! :D

Gamehunter
11-19-2005, 05:07 PM
I now fully understand why the SIU coach came out and said he didn't want to play us in the preseason. It wasn't disrespect to us, but for them it is a lose lose situation. We can knock them out of the playoffs, or if they win today, it is probably no different than having played a bottom feeder.

I expect SIU to play better than they have played up to this point, but I also believe NDSU is a playoff caliber team right now that CAN beat them, but with no hopes of reaching the playoffs per see NCAA regulations. I dunno who wants this game more. A win for NDSU here is HUGE for recruiting, especially considering the number of highly talented recurits we have been pulling out of the Illinois area.

The Salukis are led by the best QB the Bison have faced in a couple of years, at least. They also have a running game on par with anyone we have played this year less Nicholes State. Combine the two and it could be dangerous. The NDSU Defense is playing VERY good right now, but I have a hard time believing we can keep them under 20 points.

What will save the day today is turnovers. NDSU is 3rd in I-AA in turnovers, and a couple today will seal the deal for SIU. Sambursky throws for 250+, Whitlock gets his 100+, but SIU will find themselves with a much longer field than the Bison.

NDSU 32- 28

NDSU finally wins a close one ;)

ndsubison
11-19-2005, 09:28 PM
This win will be as big (OK, well almost as big) as the Montana win. A real benchmark for the program if they can pull it off. Hang on Bison, bring it home.