PDA

View Full Version : Utah 9, NDSU 0

SC_TX
08-27-2017, 09:07 PM
have to make a new thread about this. We took one on the chin. What has happened to this team? The program was looking up 2 years ago.

HerdBot
08-27-2017, 09:26 PM
I don't know but they are sure stinking it up on the field. Have they even won a game yet?

SC_TX
08-27-2017, 09:52 PM
I don't know but they are sure stinking it up on the field. Have they even won a game yet?

no they re 0-4. Lost 1-0 to UND and Weber State and lost 3-0 to Minnesota.

BisoninNWMN
08-27-2017, 11:23 PM
9-0 in soccer is a total embarrassment.

Grizzled
08-28-2017, 02:32 PM
What has changed in the last year? I don't pay attention to women's soccer but heard they were one sport in particular seeing budget cuts last spring in the cuts made to the athletic dept. I don't know what they could cut but taking any money from a program like this would hurt. I guess the results are showing.

roadwarrior
08-28-2017, 02:48 PM
What has changed in the last year? I don't pay attention to women's soccer but heard they were one sport in particular seeing budget cuts last spring in the cuts made to the athletic dept. I don't know what they could cut but taking any money from a program like this would hurt. I guess the results are showing.

Where did you hear about any budget cuts to soccer? They are fully funded for scholarships and have a full coaching staff. Their home field is brand new this summer.

There were 27 players on the roster last year. Ten of those were seniors. Maybe that is the answer.

North Side
08-28-2017, 03:00 PM
Where did you hear about any budget cuts to soccer? They are fully funded for scholarships and have a full coaching staff. Their home field is brand new this summer.

There were 27 players on the roster last year. Ten of those were seniors. Maybe that is the answer.

plus didn't they get a new locker room in the SHAC

Grizzled
08-28-2017, 03:08 PM

I heard it from a good friend that is generally right on this stuff. It was last April. He mentioned soccer and a couple other non revenue sports getting some cuts to budgets. I never saw anything about it but really doubt the questions would be asked. And again, if I am going to be honest with myself I don't really follow soccer.

Maybe losing 10 players is the reason. 9 goals in soccer is tough to do.

SC_TX
08-29-2017, 07:26 PM

Yep. Real Madrid could beat a college men's team 9-0 and the college team would still be embarrassed.

HerdBot
08-29-2017, 07:30 PM

It's like 90-0 in football

BisoninNWMN
08-30-2017, 12:02 AM
Yep. Real Madrid could beat a college men's team 9-0 and the college team would still be embarrassed.

Not a good comparison but 9-0 In soccer is huge. Talent must be lacking or young team.