PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington pregame thread

bruinbison
08-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Here is how the Eagles O-line is shaping up. Looks like 5 returning starters, with some players switching spots on the front 5. (IIRC EWU had to replace all 5 starters last season)

LT - Nick Ellison - 6' 6" 310 - JR - starter at RT last season
LG - Tristen Taylor - 6' 6" 315 - Soph - starter at LT last season
C - Spencer Blackburn - 6' 2" 285 - JR - returning All Big Sky 2nd team
RG - Matt Meyer - 6' 5" 310 - JR - returning starter
RT - Chris Schlichting - 6' 5" 300 - Soph - starter at LG last season

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/aug/15/lean-on-us-say-eastern-washington-offensive-lineme/

Interesting comment on this year's Eastern Washington offense.....

The Eastern Washington offensive linemen didn’t get much time to rest on their laurels.

They grew up in a hurry last year, helping the Eagles win another Big Sky Conference title.

The reward was more adjustments – to a more run-heavy offense, a new position coach and the adjustment of higher expectations for a group that exceeded them last year.

bruinbison
08-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Eastern Washington QB Gage Gubrud was named 2nd team preseason AA by STATS. Gubrud is a 6' 2" 205 lb junior.

Jay-Tee Tiuli, a 6' 4" 315 senior DL, was named to the 3rd team.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20170731125621208506704

TwinCityBison
08-17-2017, 03:37 AM
Will there be a pep rally like a iowa last year

El_Chapo
08-17-2017, 03:56 AM

god I hope not, how embarassing would that be. its a fcs team.. blah

Christopher Moen
08-17-2017, 04:31 AM

I'm going to guess yes since there was one for the Montana game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
08-17-2017, 05:23 AM
I'm going to guess yes since there was one for the Montana game too.

The alumni association is not providing a tailgate area. They didnt mention anything about a pep rally when I talked to them.

Herd
08-17-2017, 01:32 PM
The Bison will be stepping into a hornet nest at East Wash, they will be ready for us. Anyone that thinks we won't have to play lights out to win isn't thinking straight. EWU's strong OL could make for a long day in getting to the QB, and could keep us guessing in the Run/Pass mix. We could potentially lose this one if our Offense is not hitting on all cylinders. We will need to run the ball and control the clock.

scottietohottie
08-17-2017, 01:45 PM
The Bison will be stepping into a hornet nest at East Wash,

I would have went with stepping on a used pad.

Bisonator98
08-17-2017, 03:35 PM
The Bison will be stepping into a hornet nest at East Wash, they will be ready for us. Anyone that thinks we won't have to play lights out to win isn't thinking straight. EWU's strong OL could make for a long day in getting to the QB, and could keep us guessing in the Run/Pass mix. We could potentially lose this one if our Offense is not hitting on all cylinders. We will need to run the ball and control the clock.

Agreed. Hopefully Entz learned a few things from last years defensive strategy about what not to do! Would be nice to have several long TD drives from the offense.

Bison 4 Life
08-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Nobody thinks EWU won't have a tough time? BB and CK gone. That's a huge loss

runtheoption
08-17-2017, 04:11 PM
As long as Austin Richard avoids the untimely PF penalties, I like our chances on Douche-Canoe Field.

EC8CH
08-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Hopefully the refs will let our lineman block and our defense touch their QB without throwing flags.

Christopher Moen
08-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Hopefully the refs will let our lineman block and our defense touch their QB without throwing flags.

At least that team of MVFC officials were consistent last year when involving NDSU games. It's too bad their consistency involved being bad. Don't forget the targeting call involving Grimsley that got overruled.

The replay booth earned their paycheck that game.

Herd
08-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Agreed. Hopefully Entz learned a few things from last years defensive strategy about what not to do! Would be nice to have several long TD drives from the offense.

What was the defensive strategy that failed last year? and, Stop them from getting TD doesn't count.

EWU just really executed well, I don't know how you stop that with strategy. We need to be more physical on the LOS with WRs, but where did that get us last year? Also need to pressure the QB, but they got rid of the ball quick. We tried more in coverage, with a 3 man rush, and that didn't work. Lots of things were tried throughout the game last year, with little success.

What is that all important strategy for 2017? Help me out . . .

EC8CH
08-17-2017, 06:16 PM
What was the defensive strategy that failed last year? and, Stop them from getting TD doesn't count.

EWU just really executed well, I don't know how you stop that with strategy. We need to be more physical on the LOS with WRs, but where did that get us last year? Also need to pressure the QB, but they got rid of the ball quick. We tried more in coverage, with a 3 man rush, and that didn't work. Lots of things were tried throughout the game last year, with little success.

Keep their QB in the pocket. Don't allow so many big plays when he breaks contain from a three man rush. Scramble drills killed us last year.

Christopher Moen
08-17-2017, 06:21 PM

When NDSU rushed at least four early on during the game, they were more successful stopping EWU. EWU had six possessions in the first half. Two ended up in touchdowns (includes one right before the half). One ended up in a pick (this was after a successful onside kick). The other three were punts, including two, three and out. In the second half, the only stops were DeLuca's pick-six and a miss FG attempt to end regulation.

The frustrating part was EWU's OL was pretty much all new players and the Bison didn't challenge them much in the second half by rushing three. To NDSU's credit though, they still pressured Gubrud with the three-man rush.

Also, it will be interesting to see if EWU can win just about every darn 50/50 ball like they did last year. Statistically, that should never happen.

wagsabison
08-17-2017, 06:49 PM
When NDSU rushed at least four early on during the game, they were more successful stopping EWU. EWU had six possessions in the first half. Two ended up in touchdowns (includes one right before the half). One ended up in a pick (this was after a successful onside kick). The other three were punts, including two, three and out. In the second half, the only stops were DeLuca's pick-six and a miss FG attempt to end regulation.

The frustrating part was EWU's OL was pretty much all new players and the Bison didn't challenge them much in the second half by rushing three. To NDSU's credit though, they still pressured Gubrud with the three-man rush.

Also, it will be interesting to see if EWU can win just about every darn 50/50 ball like they did last year. Statistically, that should never happen.

It was crazy how it seemed like they got every one of those.

Bisonator98
08-17-2017, 06:55 PM

The other guys already covered it. Must keep contain of Gubrud in the pocket. Our DE's got up field too quick which opened huge lanes for Gubrud to escape and make big plays down field. Stick with 4 rushers and our nickel package. Let Deluca roam the middle and spy on Gubrud.

Bisonator98
08-17-2017, 06:57 PM
As long as Austin Richard avoids the untimely PF penalties, I like our chances on Douche-Canoe Field.

How about the non PF's that we get called for like Deluca hitting too hard? Hopefully that female ref isn't out there.:hide:

Christopher Moen
08-17-2017, 07:38 PM
It was crazy how it seemed like they got every one of those.

I don't think it was "seemed," but rather they just did. On a few of those passes, our players barely missed tipping them.

Christopher Moen
08-17-2017, 07:40 PM
How about the non PF's that we get called for like Deluca hitting too hard? Hopefully that female ref isn't out there.:hide:

I would have liked to see what the heck she saw. DeLuca was literally on his knees when he tackled Gubrud and brought him down for the tackle. For that penalty, DeLuca didn't get his money's worth.

EC8CH
08-17-2017, 10:38 PM
I would have liked to see what the heck she saw. DeLuca was literally on his knees when he tackled Gubrud and brought him down for the tackle. For that penalty, DeLuca didn't get his money's worth.

She motioned when discussing with the other refs with her forearm. Seems she thought DeLuca using his forearm to finish the tackle was a PF. To me it looked like a perfectly legit attempt to finish a tackle and not like he was adding anything extra after he was already down but what do I know.

I can't decide if the the targeting call on Grimsley or the tackling the QB too low against Menard was the next worse call that game.

Christopher Moen
08-17-2017, 11:33 PM
She motioned when discussing with the other refs with her forearm. Seems she thought DeLuca using his forearm to finish the tackle was a PF. To me it looked like a perfectly legit attempt to finish a tackle and not like he was adding anything extra after he was already down but what do I know.

I can't decide if the the targeting call on Grimsley or the tackling the QB too low against Menard was the next worse call that game.

Wait, she was trying to enforce the "giving him the business" personal foul call? If so, she was trying too hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslz06J9hFw

bruinbison
08-22-2017, 12:03 PM
Well, that post showing Eastern Washington's projected offensive line will have to change. The projected starter at LT, Nick Ellison, has left the team, so some shuffling may occur.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/aug/16/eastern-washington-starting-offensive-tackle-nick-/

Sophomore Chris Schlichting is the projected starter at right tackle. The top reserves at left tackle – the blind slide protector for quarterback Gage Gubrud – are freshmen Brett Thompson and Nick Blair.

Their inexperience could send right tackle Chris Schlichting, a junior, to the left side. Junior Kaleb Levao and sophomore Dylan Smith also could see more action because of Ellison’s departure.

bruinbison
08-22-2017, 01:29 PM
EWU defensive line article:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/aug/18/eastern-washingtons-defense-plans-to-keep-pressure/

The Eagles have to replace 15 sacks in DE Samson Ebukam (4th round draft pick - LA Rams).
They do have 320 lb DT Jay-Tee Tiuli returning, an All-Big Sky Conference pick last season. Also returning is 6' 2" 270 lb senior DE Albert Havili, a preseason All-Big Sky Conference pick.

17>1
08-22-2017, 04:27 PM
I liked our chances last year on the line of scrimmage, and we still struggled to get to Gubrud. Hearing they're shuffling some guys around on their OL and that the depth is pretty young, I'll like our chances again with getting pressure on the QB. Not having Menard doesn't help, but hoping Entz can come up with some schemes to get to Gubrud.

Getting pretty excited about this game, and the trip out west. Dad and I have been building a platform bed in the van we'll be driving out there, so he can sleep while I'm driving. It'll also be used by myself as a bed for van camping if I get somewhere on a road trip and don't feel like setting up a tent. It'll be portable in that it can be disassembled rather easily so the seats can be put back in when necessary. It'll also have ample storage underneath for camping gear, luggage, and also a plug in fridge/cooler. If anyone would like to see pictures of the finished project, let me know and I'll show them on here.

Go Bison!!

IzzyFlexion
08-23-2017, 05:00 PM
EWU defensive line article:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/aug/18/eastern-washingtons-defense-plans-to-keep-pressure/

The Eagles have to replace 15 sacks in DE Samson Ebukam (4th round draft pick - LA Rams).
They do have 320 lb DT Jay-Tee Tiuli returning, an All-Big Sky Conference pick last season. Also returning is 6' 2" 270 lb senior DE Albert Havili, a preseason All-Big Sky Conference pick.

Geez.......a 320 pound DT? Quite unusual.

Jim Puetz
08-23-2017, 07:17 PM
A 320 lb Big Sky defensive lineman. Not worried.

Professor Chaos
08-23-2017, 08:01 PM
A 320 lb Big Sky defensive lineman. Not worried.
I'd only be worried if I was standing near the buffet...

http://media.spokesman.com/photos/2015/11/21/ewupsu3_t451.jpg

BisonNation11
08-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Geez.......a 320 pound DT? Quite unusual.

Start out the game like Vigen used to. Get the defense running sideways the first quarter of the game. Then start running downhill. No more 320 guy by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. I miss Vigen's play calling...

barnwintersportsengelstad
08-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Start out the game like Vigen used to. Get the defense running sideways the first quarter of the game. Then start running downhill. No more 320 guy by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. I miss Vigen's play calling...

Vigen called a good game.

BisonNeil
08-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Vigen called a good game.

Towards the end of his tenure as an OC here, yes. But you and others must have a relatively short memory.

bruinbison
08-29-2017, 12:25 PM
Eastern Washington depth chart - also includes news of a suspension of a starting cb

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/aug/28/eastern-washingtons-depth-chart-offers-redemption-/

Gamboa suspended indefinitely
Senior CB Victor Gamboa has been suspended indefinitely from the team for an undisclosed “violation of team rules,” coach Aaron Best said on Monday. Gamboa, a fixture in the secondary for three years with 22 career starts, is practicing with the team but will not make the trip for the season opener at Texas Tech. “We’ve talked about where he needs to go from here,” said Best, who said the suspension is indefinite.

bruinbison
08-29-2017, 12:29 PM
This is the original post showing the Eagles offensive line

Here is how the Eagles O-line is shaping up. Looks like 5 returning starters, with some players switching spots on the front 5. (IIRC EWU had to replace all 5 starters last season)

LT - Nick Ellison - 6' 6" 310 - JR - starter at RT last season
RT - Chris Schlichting - 6' 5" 300 - Soph - starter at LG last season

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/aug/15/lean-on-us-say-eastern-washington-offensive-lineme/

Here is the revamped O-Line, according to the article in the post above this one

Offensive line: The Eagles had to move some pieces after the mid-camp departure of starting left tackle Nick Ellison. His replacement is former starting RT Chris Schlichting, who in turn is replaced by former backup Kaleb Levao. The inside is unchanged: Tristen Taylor will start at left guard, Spencer Blackburn at center and Matt Meyer at right guard

LT - Chris Schlichting - 6' 5" 300 - Soph - starter at LG last season
RT - Kaleb Levao - 6' 4" 290 - JR - started 1 game at RT during FCS playoffs last season - moved from DL to OL, played in 14 games

bruinbison
09-03-2017, 01:13 PM
As mentioned elsewhere by EC8CH, EWU's Eastern Washington / Texas Tech thread got a little entertainment going, starting at page 13

http://bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4571&start=240

FFBison
09-03-2017, 01:58 PM
As mentioned elsewhere by EC8CH, EWU's Eastern Washington / Texas Tech thread got a little entertainment going, starting at page 13

That was a fun read!

Bison4peat
09-03-2017, 02:59 PM
That was a fun read!

Thanks for posting. That is better than average.

SoCalBison
09-03-2017, 10:22 PM
According to Sagarin, even playing at Texas Tech, Bison would be a 1.5 point favorite.

ZHerd
09-03-2017, 10:26 PM
I'll be surprised if EW doesn't look considerably better next sat.

Bison 4 Life
09-03-2017, 10:40 PM

Better, but still not good enough.

Bisonator98
09-03-2017, 10:42 PM

Well they couldn't look much worse. Not being able to score more then 10 on TT should have them worried. Maybe it's just a matter of getting on the same page but their offense looked offensive and completely unlike previous EWU teams.

Hammerhead
09-04-2017, 12:22 AM

They aren't that far off considering that NDSU is slightly ahead of Texas Tech in the Sagarin ratings. :)

tjbison
09-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Replay of EWU and TT is on 649 on Directv

If they tackle next week like they did yesterssay we should win, theyndont look good but I'm sure they will fix some things

Their D line doesn't get off the ball and looked slow

gumby013
09-04-2017, 01:08 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ei91cWkw5OA

KilldeerBison
09-04-2017, 01:31 AM
Game is on Dish 412-16 now. ROOT NETWORK.

Christopher Moen
09-04-2017, 01:57 AM
Wasn't it mentioned on The Insiders that there were some serious issues with EWU? I think it was mentioned after their scrimmage game that the team looked all out of sorts.

Perhaps the rumors are true, but in no way should the Bison dare to take them lightly. Break them physically and mentally and make this a statement game.

tjbison
09-04-2017, 02:11 AM
Wasn't it mentioned on The Insiders that there were some serious issues with EWU? I think it was mentioned after their scrimmage game that the team looked all out of sorts.

Perhaps the rumors are true, but in no way should the Bison dare to take them lightly. Break them physically and mentally and make this a statement game.

They have weapons, but chemistry seemed off

El_Chapo
09-04-2017, 02:34 AM
if NDSU doesn't win by 21 ill be disappointed

Hammerhead
09-04-2017, 03:20 AM
Aslo airing at 5:00 am Tues morning on FSN North.

Replay of EWU and TT is on 649 on Directv

If they tackle next week like they did yesterssay we should win, theyndont look good but I'm sure they will fix some things

Their D line doesn't get off the ball and looked slow

BFKasper14
09-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Will Radunz get a medical redshirt this year and still have 4 years left? How about Purifoy? Dillon was looking pretty good out there.

tony
09-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Will Radunz get a medical redshirt this year and still have 4 years left? How about Purifoy? Dillon was looking pretty good out there.

Note: Prior post is referring to Dillon Radunz and Demaris Purifoy both suffering season-ending ACL injuries.

Dunno about medical redshirts... All I know is MAN, THAT SUCKS.

gumby013
09-04-2017, 07:38 PM
5 Dimes opens with us -3 vs EWU.

O/U of 55

oldmantutters
09-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Bison to cover and the over

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

gumby013
09-05-2017, 01:18 AM
EWU Game Notes

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/gobison.sidearmsports.com/documents/2017/9/4/Eastern_Washington_Football_Notes_20170904.pdf

bisoningrandforks
09-05-2017, 01:32 AM
Eastern Wash receivers dropped a few passes too..looked like philly receivers from last yr...lol

tjbison
09-05-2017, 04:05 PM
SMOKE:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/04/air-deteriorates-to-very-unhealthy-in-spokane-as-w/#/0

Game:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/04/first-look-north-dakota-state-at-eastern-washingto/

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-05-2017, 04:32 PM
SMOKE:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/04/air-deteriorates-to-very-unhealthy-in-spokane-as-w/#/0

Wind is forecast to start coming out of the SW Thursday with gusts to 15 mph by game time.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/wa/cheney/99004

Hopefully it improves

NachZ
09-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Wind is forecast to start coming out of the SW Thursday with gusts to 15 mph by game time.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/wa/cheney/99004

Hopefully it improves

I mean, I feel like our game would benefit much more than theirs should that remain the case.

thebootfitter
09-05-2017, 04:54 PM
I posted this in the roll call thread too, but for maximum visibility:

Anyone who is coming to the game from the Fargo area willing to pick up a youth size medium yellow/gold Bison t-shirt for my daughter? She decided on Saturday that she wanted to sport the colors, and I couldn't find decent options online that would be guaranteed to arrive before Friday afternoon.

I'll gladly reimburse + some handling costs if you can get a shirt out here. Thanks for considering!

Bisonator98
09-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Maybe the smoke will shelter my eyes from that tampon field!:biggrin:

IBleedYellow
09-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Sounds like the fires may have a chance of screwing everything up for this game.

You'll notice that air quality is currently above 400 on a scale that goes from 0-500.

NCAA policy states ALL ATHLETES be removed from any practice or competition when the scale goes above 200.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/June2016CSMAS_Report_20160721.pdf

Good chance this game doesn't happen unless this cuts in half, and fast.

bisonp
09-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Sounds like the fires may have a chance of screwing everything up for this game.

You'll notice that air quality is currently above 400 on a scale that goes from 0-500.

NCAA policy states ALL ATHLETES be removed from any practice or competition when the scale goes above 200.

Wow. Sounds like it will start to clear out by Friday morning though.

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=WAZ036&warncounty=WAC063&firewxzone=WAZ674&local_place1=Spokane%20WA&product1=Air+Quality+Alert&lat=47.6589&lon=-117.425#.Wa8SysZOmUl

BisManBison
09-05-2017, 09:26 PM

So how does EWU even practice this week? Do they have an IPF?

SkiMerlin
09-05-2017, 09:27 PM
It goes up and down pretty quickly. Right now, we are at 249. It doesn't take very long for it to change, if the weather cooperates.

IBleedYellow
09-05-2017, 09:38 PM
So how does EWU even practice this week? Do they have an IPF?

Yeah they have an IPF.

56BISON73
09-05-2017, 09:53 PM
What about Montana the last time we played them? Smokeyyyyyyyyyyyy

thebootfitter
09-06-2017, 06:34 AM
I posted this in the roll call thread too, but for maximum visibility:

Anyone who is coming to the game from the Fargo area willing to pick up a youth size medium yellow/gold Bison t-shirt for my daughter? She decided on Saturday that she wanted to sport the colors, and I couldn't find decent options online that would be guaranteed to arrive before Friday afternoon.

I'll gladly reimburse + some handling costs if you can get a shirt out here. Thanks for considering!
Thanks to Bisonfanatical and StL Bison Fan, my daughter is covered!

89MTBISON
09-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Can anyone update the road construction situation around Spokane? Hearing of long delays.

gumby013
09-06-2017, 05:29 PM
The line has moved quite a bit. Now at NDSU -7.5 O/U 57

BadlandsBison
09-06-2017, 06:49 PM
This game is a great opportunity for the Bison to get some positivity and momentum. Help get rid the bad taste of injuries

IzzyFlexion
09-06-2017, 07:51 PM
With our talented and deep front 7........I would expect heavy pressure early and often. Their prolific air-raid philosophy will not be racking up the kinds of numbers that they are used to.

I'd be working a lot on the screens if I were them.

BadlandsBison
09-06-2017, 08:06 PM
With our talented and deep front 7........I would expect heavy pressure early and often. Their prolific air-raid philosophy will not be racking up the kinds of numbers that they are used to.

I'd be working a lot on the screens if I were them.

They probably have taken a step backwards at wide receiver from last year. Gubrud is the guy the Bison have to make uncomfortable, don't let him beat you. Force the new receivers to win one on one I say.

Christopher Moen
09-06-2017, 08:58 PM
They probably have taken a step backwards at wide receiver from last year. Gubrud is the guy the Bison have to make uncomfortable, don't let him beat you. Force the new receivers to win one on one I say.

Making your opponent uncomfortable is a key element to being success in combat sports, and I think it can also be applied to a football's defense.

Honeybooboo
09-07-2017, 12:27 AM
I think we have a shot if we come out strong to put them away early, need to jump on them and they will crumble. This could easily be like the Montana Playoff game if we are pumped up ready to rock. I believe they will be also, or it could be a retake of the season opening MT game. I like the fact we had a easy game before hand mentally they should be all in

ndsubison1
09-07-2017, 02:55 AM
Any chance they move the game down to Moscow? Idaho for the funny guys on the board.

PNW Eag
09-07-2017, 03:39 AM
Idaho is at home and WSU has Boise State at home and and I'm sure the Kibbie dome is their #1 contingency. All signs point to improving air quality by Friday, but who knows. We get fires out here every year, but this year is crazy. Here's hoping a little shift in the weather pattern and some forecasted winds will clear things out.

Christopher Moen
09-07-2017, 07:18 AM
I thought this was somewhat amusing, however, I'm a little concerned that the NCAA (actually Turner Sports) thinks the Bison are playing Jacksonville State this weekend: http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-09-06/watch-north-dakota-state-football-players-duke-it-out-over-worst

BisonTeacher
09-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but anyone know if this is on (directv) ESPN college extra this weekend?

CAS4127
09-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but anyone know if this is on (directv) ESPN college extra this weekend?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170907/033161807833f7dea795adcc4a24cb77.png

DM05
09-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Other games on ESPN College Extra this week that may be of interest: Robert Morris at Youngstown, Cal Poly at UNI, Jacksonville State at Georgia Tech.

FrozenTech
09-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Anyone that's going to the game know if NDSU has a tailgate area set aside or is everyone just going to invade EWU tailgating?

lascrs
09-07-2017, 02:08 PM

Directv Channel 794

Honeybooboo
09-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Anyone that's going to the game know if NDSU has a tailgate area set aside or is everyone just going to invade EWU tailgating?

NDSU does NOT have a specific tailgate section, believe the deal is most bought passes and will be in P18, first come first serve until full but you buy a pass. Its kind of weird, I'm also guessing if you get there early like 7-8 am it probably wont be an issue getting a spot.

Remember EWU wont have any Students as classes have not started yet

bruinbison
09-07-2017, 03:02 PM
......The Eagles face plenty of challenges this week. The first is the weather, as unhealthy air levels forced an indefinite stay indoors. The fieldhouse lacks a proper surface – it’s more suited to tennis than football – and special-teams practice is impossible.......

The Eagles came out of the Tech game free of injury. However, linebacker Ketner Kupp missed the Texas Tech game with a high ankle sprain and is questionable this week.

Cooper's brother

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/05/eastern-washington-tries-to-regroup-indoors-as-nor/

Honeybooboo
09-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Cooper's brother

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/05/eastern-washington-tries-to-regroup-indoors-as-nor/

we recruited him I believe

bruinbison
09-07-2017, 03:24 PM

Checked back on this thread - the NDSU Bison thread is surprisingly quiet, last post Aug 30.
If some NDSU fans think they have scheduling complaints about Bison football, well, that would not be unique to NDSU.
According to the Texas Tech thread, after Eastern Washington won the
National Championship, they had zero home OOC games the following year.
And how 'bout this years Eagles schedule, here are the 1st 4 weeks

@ Texas Tech - Sept 2 (56-10 loss)
NDSU - Sept 9
@ Fordham - Sept 16
@ Montana - Sept 23

Apparently there is no return home game from Fordham - so the Eagles travel 3000 miles to New York, look at the tall buildings and then go to scenic Wa-Griz the following weekend. Fun!

MrSnuffleupagus
09-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Jesus...they are not very optimistic over in Washington this week.

http://bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4614

FrozenTech
09-07-2017, 03:38 PM
And then the Griz fan comes out of the backfield to twist the knife. *chuckle*

IzzyFlexion
09-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Checked back on this thread - the NDSU Bison thread is surprisingly quiet, last post Aug 30.
If some NDSU fans think they have scheduling complaints about Bison football, well, that would not be unique to NDSU.
According to the Texas Tech thread, after Eastern Washington won the
National Championship, they had zero home OOC games the following year.
And how 'bout this years Eagles schedule, here are the 1st 4 weeks

@ Texas Tech - Sept 2 (56-10 loss)
NDSU - Sept 9
@ Fordham - Sept 16
@ Montana - Sept 23

Apparently there is no return home game from Fordham - so the Eagles travel 3000 miles to New York, look at the tall buildings and then go to scenic Wa-Griz the following weekend. Fun!

I suppose that there is a fairly good possibility the NYC will be getting the tail end of Irma that weekend. They do have field turf but I wonder what the storm will do to the upper Eastern Seaboard..............and when.

Mr. Burgundy
09-07-2017, 04:16 PM
we recruited him I believe

He recruited us. Came with his Dad. said they fell in love with how NDSU plays. Was not offered by NDSU. Loved their visit to NDSU. took his only offer from what I understand. Not sure on that.

mtoutfitter
09-07-2017, 07:23 PM
-9.5 now.......

Bison 4 Life
09-07-2017, 07:38 PM
So I just made this point on Twitter and it absolutely blew me away when I discovered it. Non-conference/non BSC games at Roos Field since 2010

2010 - Central Washington
2011 - None
2012 - None
2013 - Western Oregon and Montana Western
2014 - Sam Houston
2015 - None
2016 - Northern Iowa

There were at least two years they had no non-BSC home games prior to conference play. That's bananas.

Of course the BSC has so many teams they often schedule each other in 'non-conference'.

89MTBISON
09-07-2017, 07:42 PM
20 mph winds with gusts to 30 mph forecast for game time saturday. Is that good or bad for a pass happy team?

Christopher Moen
09-07-2017, 07:47 PM
20 mph winds with gusts to 30 mph forecast for game time saturday. Is that good or bad for a pass happy team?

For Peyton Manning, it would be terrible. For Carson Wentz, no problem.

Rock
09-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Jesus...they are not very optimistic over in Washington this week.

http://bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4614

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170907/60f412d6d35f815f23aafc9f217c8943.jpg

Christopher Moen
09-07-2017, 11:44 PM
Just finished watching the EWU-Texas Tech game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfa-wV5rIc

Extremely weird game. EWU played TT pretty good for the first quarter and a half. They probably would have led TT had the receivers not dropped everything hitting their hands and put a little more effort in the 50/50 balls. After that, for the next quarter and half, TT kept capitalizing on huge plays that makes one wonder if EWU was even trying. For the fourth quarter, the game was in mercy cruise control.

I feel there is still a lot of talent on EWU's squad. Maybe not to the extent of last year's receiving corp, but enough to not look at the score of the TT game and think this will be a walk in the park. NDSU needs to keep punching these guys in the mouth on offense and defense (and special teams) until the final whistle. I expect EWU to bring a fight to this game and try not to lose their third straight game.

Stay focus and stay hungry Bison!

gumby013
09-08-2017, 12:48 AM
Kibbie Dome backup location?

Christopher Moen
09-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Kibbie Dome backup location?

If used, what time would the game be? Idaho plays UNLV at 4 PM.

gumby013
09-08-2017, 01:10 AM

Idaho Up All Night

Christopher Moen
09-08-2017, 02:26 AM
Idaho Up All Night

https://media.tenor.com/images/863e75bd0c81b6601bd1edd9989456be/tenor.gif

bruinbison
09-08-2017, 02:31 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/863e75bd0c81b6601bd1edd9989456be/tenor.gif

Washington State is supposed to play Boise State in Pullman also.......
so yeah, Idaho Up All Night......

56BISON73
09-08-2017, 04:51 AM

Better get Gabe on this to see if they can get that second deck in place before the game.:biggrin:

JustinTyem
09-08-2017, 05:00 AM
Anybody else hear on Deluca's ACL ???

daddy daycare
09-08-2017, 03:13 PM
I don't expect to see the Bison punt more than twice.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-08-2017, 03:19 PM
I don't expect to see the Bison punt more than twice.

In this trying of times...I appreciate your optimism.

SkiMerlin
09-08-2017, 04:37 PM

The Kibbie Dome is not available until Sunday.

The air quality is improving. As of a few minutes ago that air quality was at 214 and the wind is from the SW, which should help clear things out a bit.

Professor Chaos
09-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Deluca is traveling to Eastern Washington today... for whatever that is worth.

gumby013
09-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Line has moved even more. Now at NDSU -10 with an O/U of 55.5.

Bison 4 Life
09-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Line has moved even more. Now at NDSU -10 with an O/U of 55.5.

I don't know why nobody is giving EWU any money at this point. That TT game is far too influential.

Christopher Moen
09-08-2017, 06:47 PM
I don't know why nobody is giving EWU any money at this point. That TT game is far too influential.

I made a post about that game yesterday. EWU is a lot better than what score of that game showed. I would say they were the better team for first quarter and half. After that, TT got a couple huge plays and EWU basically looked lost or just plain out quit.

I would say the line prediction of a 33-22 NDSU win is accurate.

Mr Meaty
09-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Air quality in Spokane is 199 right now. 1 point under the NCAA threshold.

coloradobison
09-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Air quality in Spokane is 199 right now. 1 point under the NCAA threshold.

174 at 12:00 Pacific time according to this - https://www.airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&mapcenter=0&cityid=260

gumby013
09-08-2017, 10:54 PM
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8909

Team is in the air.

HerdBot
09-09-2017, 01:04 AM
Better get Gabe on this to see if they can get that second deck in place before the game.:biggrin:

You have to be an old school Bisonviller to understand this reference

SDbison
09-09-2017, 01:43 AM
You have to be an old school Bisonviller to understand this reference Gabe = HerdBot

heckler
09-09-2017, 04:10 AM
Gabe = HerdBot

...boom...dropping the old school knowledge...

bruinbison
09-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Just finished watching the EWU-Texas Tech game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQfa-wV5rIc

Extremely weird game. EWU played TT pretty good for the first quarter and a half. They probably would have led TT had the receivers not dropped everything hitting their hands and put a little more effort in the 50/50 balls. After that, for the next quarter and half, TT kept capitalizing on huge plays that makes one wonder if EWU was even trying. For the fourth quarter, the game was in mercy cruise control.

I feel there is still a lot of talent on EWU's squad. Maybe not to the extent of last year's receiving corp, but enough to not look at the score of the TT game and think this will be a walk in the park. NDSU needs to keep punching these guys in the mouth on offense and defense (and special teams) until the final whistle. I expect EWU to bring a fight to this game and try not to lose their third straight game.

Stay focus and stay hungry Bison!

Gameday ramblings:

- good post by CM, read similar comments over on the Eastern Washington Forum about the WR corp and the overall team effort problems .
Perhaps the Eagles were looking ahead to the Bison and overlooked TT......:)
But still think Eastern is much better than they showed last week.

- I believe record attendance is 11,702 at Roos Field. Can this be topped?
Can how well the Bison travel overcome EWU's students not being in school yet?

- Where does the pass rush come from? With Menard and DeLuca (probably) out, who steps up? Watching Caleb Butler for this. Am hoping he can be the guy who can get upfield in a hurry now that he knows the D needs him to do this. Can he mimic Menard and his low-shoulder around the edge move? And the bull rush? Kolpack reports that true FR DE McCormick will get about 10 plays. Am guessing those will be in passing situations as well.

- Josh Hayes playing as a true FR adds to the CB depth. Lots of choices for who plays the slot positions against EWU's multi-receiver sets. Am guessing Hayes is the 5th CB, passing RFR Felix Dixon on the depth chart.

- What identity do the Eagles go for this week? A balanced offense like they tried last week? Or do they revert to their normal air-raid ways. The new coaching staff had put an emphasis on more power-run during the off-season. How long do they stick with that?

- Finally, can the 1st place Big Sky team beat the last-place Missouri Valley team?
Am going into enemy territory today at the Little Ralph, so could have some fun with teh hockies fans on this......:)

heffray
09-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Hey, I know this doesn't matter a whole lot, but did we move from #1 to #2 after last weekend?

EC8CH
09-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Hey, I know this doesn't matter a whole lot, but did we move from #1 to #2 after last weekend?

Nope #2 this whole time. Rightfully so unless JMU trips up.

heffray
09-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Nope #2 this whole time. Rightfully so unless JMU trips up.

Thought I saw a preseason poll that had us at #1 but that must have been the AGS poll or coaches poll.

daddy daycare
09-10-2017, 03:26 PM
In this trying of times...I appreciate your optimism.

3 punts. My bad.

Too be fair there should've been PI on the first drive of the second half. Might've saved them a punt.