PDA

View Full Version : Options for watching Bison remote

gabisonfan
08-10-2017, 09:49 PM
I can only find Sling TV (ESPN3) as an option for watching remotely. Are there other options? I am not tuned in to "the latest and greatest". Thanks for your input.

:confused:

Bison 4 Life
08-10-2017, 09:52 PM
I can only find Sling TV (ESPN3) as an option for watching remotely. Are there other options? I am not tuned in to "the latest and greatest". Thanks for your input.

ESPN3 has been my go to for years

THEsocalledfan
08-10-2017, 10:15 PM

ESPN3 is fantastic as it streams on nearly any device. It is even fully integrated in Sling TV.

Broadcast TV is basically dying and way more expensive way to watch; they've gotten games on College Gameplan in the past, but that costs dough.

ByeSonBusiness
08-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Espn3 works well. Easy to hop around games. Real ballers go next level, and have a game going on their phone as well.

Bison 4 Life
08-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Espn3 works well. Easy to hop around games. Real ballers go next level, and have a game going on their phone as well.

You were saying?

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15241395_10101180695603679_5750973736835247628_n.j pg?oh=130a36f08f0b37643d31fb8232589fda&oe=5A2141D8

ByeSonBusiness
08-10-2017, 10:40 PM
You were saying?

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15241395_10101180695603679_5750973736835247628_n.j pg?oh=130a36f08f0b37643d31fb8232589fda&oe=5A2141D8

Cooking with gas. There we go.

Bison 4 Life
08-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Cooking with gas. There we go.

I love the playoffs.

EC8CH
08-10-2017, 10:54 PM

With some internet service providers you get ESPN3 for free with just the internet service and no cable subscription. That will cover all the regular season games. Only problem comes during the playoffs when the games are on any of the ESPN channels that are on cable. Then you will need a cable login to view those games. In that case Sling or using the account login from a family member or friend is the best way to view those games.

bri-dog
08-10-2017, 11:02 PM
You were saying?

I did that at my watch party a couple years ago. Had the Bison on the big screen with sound, and brought a 32" and 40" tvs from home and set them up next to the big screen with my Apple TV and the Apple TV that the bar has. Worked really well..

NDSU92
08-10-2017, 11:20 PM
ESPN3 is fantastic as it streams on nearly any device. It is even fully integrated in Sling TV.

Broadcast TV is basically dying and way more expensive way to watch; they've gotten games on College Gameplan in the past, but that costs dough.

Cool thing about College Gameplan/Direct TV games is that any legit sports bar will have the ability to put the game on for you.

SCBison629
08-11-2017, 01:23 AM

ESPN3 is the way we watch all the Bison games in South Carolina. Had 5 FCS
games going at the same time in the garage last year.

THEsocalledfan
08-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Cool thing about College Gameplan/Direct TV games is that any legit sports bar will have the ability to put the game on for you.

You get Sling TV and a Roku, and for $20 a month, you can watch every game in the comfort of your home, easily cheaper than my bar tabswould be!

Bison 4 Life
08-11-2017, 02:42 PM
You get Sling TV and a Roku, and for $20 a month, you can watch every game in the comfort of your home, easily cheaper than my bar tabswould be!

I really liked the options of going to the watch party in KC. Haven't been able to find one in Ohio yet. I'm too lazy to host one.

NDSU92
08-11-2017, 03:20 PM

Definitely don't disagree with you on that one. I grew up through the transition though, there's something awesome about being able to go out in Uptown Dallas and watch us from the bar.

BattleBorn
08-12-2017, 12:59 AM
I really liked the options of going to the watch party in KC. Haven't been able to find one in Ohio yet. I'm too lazy to host one.

What part of Ohio? Louisville doesn't seem to be the hot watch spot either. Yet...

Bison4peat
08-12-2017, 04:07 AM
Coyotevision isn't to bad./some prpl

IndyBison
08-13-2017, 04:44 AM

Watch parties were much more common when you couldn't readily watch games on the web or over the air. The hosts were given the satellite coordinates and had to find a bar with the correct satellite technology. I used to organize the one in Indy. Once the Sioux game went away so did the interest. The SDSU game didn't generate as much interest. But the alumni association still promotes them and does a lot to help support you if you are interested in doing one.

Bison 4 Life
08-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Watch parties were much more common when you couldn't readily watch games on the web or over the air. The hosts were given the satellite coordinates and had to find a bar with the correct satellite technology. I used to organize the one in Indy. Once the Sioux game went away so did the interest. The SDSU game didn't generate as much interest. But the alumni association still promotes them and does a lot to help support you if you are interested in doing one.

Yeah, Brad Johnson had a good one in KC. Lots of visitors from out of town would come when they were there. I assume it's mostly because KC is a big spot to land for NDSU grads like Minneapolis. I've only been here a few weeks, I'll have to find some other alums and see what's up.

Bison Chief
08-15-2017, 05:48 PM
Yeah, Brad Johnson had a good one in KC. Lots of visitors from out of town would come when they were there. I assume it's mostly because KC is a big spot to land for NDSU grads like Minneapolis. I've only been here a few weeks, I'll have to find some other alums and see what's up.

Speaking of the KC watch party, the host venue (Coach's Bar & Grill) was flooded a couple weeks ago (http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article166137187.html) and they have decided not to rebuild. Unfortunate because the folks at Coach's were very good to us Bison fans.

thebootfitter
08-15-2017, 07:24 PM
:eek: Blasphemous! Nobody cares about the Whioux!

(Ha ha... I really hope start something with that comment.) :innocent:

cx500d
08-17-2017, 02:39 AM
Definitely don't disagree with you on that one. I grew up through the transition though, there's something awesome about being able to go out in Uptown Dallas and watch us from the bar.

Wild pitch in Frisco usually hosts watch parties in dfw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
08-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Speaking of the KC watch party, the host venue (Coach's Bar & Grill) was flooded a couple weeks ago (http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article166137187.html) and they have decided not to rebuild. Unfortunate because the folks at Coach's were very good to us Bison fans.

Ugh, they have had the shittiest year ever. That one in Olathe is pretty nice, I'm out of the area now but I hope they can do something there.

BattleBorn
08-21-2017, 02:34 PM
Just sent info to the alumni association to host my first watch party (Louisville, KY). If anyone has any tips for a first timer, I'd love to hear!

bri-dog
08-21-2017, 05:53 PM
Just sent info to the alumni association to host my first watch party (Louisville, KY). If anyone has any tips for a first timer, I'd love to hear!

It's pretty simple (hey, I'm doing it, so anyone can). They will send you a packet with table tents, sign-up sheets, beads, pom-pons, etc. Just sign people up and email or fax it back to them.

Just make sure the establishment you're at has the ability to stream games and/or have DIRECTV's College GamePlan. The bar I'm at has a bigscreen TV and projector, and I bring in my own stereo system and run the sound to our area. For streaming, I use Apple TV with the WatchESPN app, so I don't need a computer.

I'm doing something a little different this year, but I haven't tried it yet so not sure how it'll work. I've got the bar owner talked into kicking in some cash to do prize giveaways. Not sure exactly how I'll do it, but some variation of this:

Each week, everyone who attends will get an entry for the drawing. I may do a small weekly drawing with a bigger drawing at the end. The more games you attend, the better your chances.

PM me if you have any questions.

Brian

THEsocalledfan
08-21-2017, 07:32 PM
It's pretty simple (hey, I'm doing it, so anyone can). They will send you a packet with table tents, sign-up sheets, beads, pom-pons, etc. Just sign people up and email or fax it back to them.

Just make sure the establishment you're at has the ability to stream games and/or have DIRECTV's College GamePlan. The bar I'm at has a bigscreen TV and projector, and I bring in my own stereo system and run the sound to our area. For streaming, I use Apple TV with the WatchESPN app, so I don't need a computer.

I'm doing something a little different this year, but I haven't tried it yet so not sure how it'll work. I've got the bar owner talked into kicking in some cash to do prize giveaways. Not sure exactly how I'll do it, but some variation of this:

Each week, everyone who attends will get an entry for the drawing. I may do a small weekly drawing with a bigger drawing at the end. The more games you attend, the better your chances.

PM me if you have any questions.

Brian

I'd just add that if you were at a bar with a very good wifi and a projector, you could probably plug a roku stick into a projector HDMI port and stream from WatchESPN pretty easy even if the bar doesn't think it is possible.....

BattleBorn
08-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Thank you for the responses. They have Gameplan and are excited to be a part of it. My biggest concern is being the only one to show. Maybe I can recruit some Red and Blue to Yellow.

IndyBison
08-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Thank you for the responses. They have Gameplan and are excited to be a part of it. My biggest concern is being the only one to show. Maybe I can recruit some Red and Blue to Yellow.

I used to host them in Indy before games were so readily available. When we did the Bison-Sioux game jointly with their alums we would get 60-80 people. They were a blast. We started to run into satellite options when bars upgraded to digital and we were only broadcasting on C-band. Have a couple games where people don't see the game at all or get sound but no video and they stop coming. Then when they became available at home via streaming you no longer needed to have a watch party other than to hang out with fellow Bison. Good luck! You are only 2 hours from me so maybe some Indy folks will head that way.

Bison 4 Life
08-21-2017, 09:36 PM
I used to host them in Indy before games were so readily available. When we did the Bison-Sioux game jointly with their alums we would get 60-80 people. They were a blast. We started to run into satellite options when bars upgraded to digital and we were only broadcasting on C-band. Have a couple games where people don't see the game at all or get sound but no video and they stop coming. Then when they became available at home via streaming you no longer needed to have a watch party other than to hang out with fellow Bison. Good luck! You are only 2 hours from me so maybe some Indy folks will head that way.

I was thinking the same thing.

BattleBorn
08-22-2017, 12:06 AM
I was thinking the same thing.
C'mon down and yours and Indy's first Bourbon is on me. Bar owner loves the Colts. Would be damn cool to get him something Joe Haeg.

IndyBison
08-22-2017, 01:58 AM
I am working every Saturday this year so I won't be able to do it. Are you going every game? Louisville is a fun city to visit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BattleBorn
08-22-2017, 12:22 PM
I am working every Saturday this year so I won't be able to do it. Are you going every game? Louisville is a fun city to visit.

I will be doing most games, even if it's just me. I definitely plan to go to Normal for ISU-r. Meet me at the Waffle House off 465 Flyin' J and I'll drive.

IndyBison
08-22-2017, 01:27 PM
I will be doing most games, even if it's just me. I definitely plan to go to Normal for ISU-r. Meet me at the Waffle House off 465 Flyin' J and I'll drive.I hope to go to that game. It's week 1 of the NAIA/D3 playoffs so I won't know until that week if I have a game.

Bison 4 Life
08-22-2017, 04:03 PM
I'll be there too. Seems like there will be more than a couple of us there.

bri-dog
08-30-2017, 01:49 AM
For those with DIRECTV, the MVSU game will be on ESPN College Extra, per their schedule.

http://www.espn.com/espncollegeextra/#schedule

Channel probably won't be decided until Thursday or so (should be 788-793)...

slips
08-30-2017, 07:07 AM

I was stationed at Ft. Knox from 2013-2016 and watched quite of few Bison games in Louisville. I ran into a random Bison fan here and there but not too many. I usually watched at Hooters on Preston Hwy and they were always accommodating. If Louisville or UK is playing in the same time slot good luck. I was at a place and the locals were irate that 1 of the 50 TV's in the establishment didn't have the UK game on.

BattleBorn
08-30-2017, 01:45 PM
I was stationed at Ft. Knox from 2013-2016 and watched quite of few Bison games in Louisville. I ran into a random Bison fan here and there but not too many. I usually watched at Hooters on Preston Hwy and they were always accommodating. If Louisville or UK is playing in the same time slot good luck. I was at a place and the locals were irate that 1 of the 50 TV's in the establishment didn't have the UK game on.
Thank you for your service. I've already found Cats fans to be a rather abnoxious bunch with all their SEC SEC chants. I had thought of going to Hooters on Dixie, just in case I needed a hot tub for an hour over at the Manor.

Unfortunately the first watch party needs to be delayed due to family emergency. BattleBorn Sr could use your thoughts and prayers.

BadlandsBison
08-30-2017, 01:49 PM

I'm surprised UK cares that much about their football.

Btw were you in Fort Knox for the Abrams?

loudsilverado
08-30-2017, 05:31 PM
Can someone post the ESPN3 work around? thanks.

56BISON73
08-30-2017, 05:50 PM

Do you have direct tv? If so they have games in the 790 channels.

THEsocalledfan
08-30-2017, 06:11 PM

1. Find out if your ISP has ESPN3 access. Access is granted at ISP level. If they do have access, you are golden.
2. If no access, find a friend willing to share their ISP login information. If you want to stay 100% legal, sign up for Sling Orange $20/mo plan.
3. Watch game on basically any device you wish. (computer, apple, android, roku, etc, etc) Watch ESPN app, or if you do sling, can also be done right in the sling app. On computer, espn3.com

TransAmBison
08-30-2017, 06:15 PM
1. Find out if your ISP has ESPN3 access. Access is granted at ISP level. If they do have access, you are golden.
2. If no access, find a friend willing to share their ISP login information. If you want to stay 100% legal, sign up for Sling Orange $20/mo plan.
3. Watch game on basically any device you wish. (computer, apple, android, roku, etc, etc) Watch ESPN app, or if you do sling, can also be done right in the sling app. On computer, espn3.comBe careful pulling the hook out...hope you didn't swallow it...

slips
08-30-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm surprised UK cares that much about their football.

Btw were you in Fort Knox for the Abrams?

Oh they do but not nearly to the degree of their basketball. I have been to Ft. Knox when the Armor was located there but they took the Armor out of Ft. Knox about 7-8 years ago.

slips
08-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Thank you for your service. I've already found Cats fans to be a rather abnoxious bunch with all their SEC SEC chants. I had thought of going to Hooters on Dixie, just in case I needed a hot tub for an hour over at the Manor.

Unfortunately the first watch party needs to be delayed due to family emergency. BattleBorn Sr could use your thoughts and prayers.

Cat fans are really obnoxious especially during basketball season but a very passionate fan base so I give them kuddos. They are just oblivious to anything outside of their state and the SEC. Had a couple Cat fans watch the FCS kickoff vs. Montana with me and they thought we were an NAIA team. I told them that NDSU would take down UK football rather easily and that Wentz was probably a mid round draft pick and those guys just laughed. I had to eat some crow because we lost that game but I caught up with them after the draft for a I told ya so moment.

Best of luck with your watch party. If I was still there I would definitely be there. Who knows, I get back there every now and then so I still may pop in out of the blue. Terre Haute is a little over 2 hours away and tickets are dirt cheap if you can make it. Had midfield seats first 5 rows both games I attended there.