PDA

View Full Version : Site losing my login session

EndZoneQB
08-10-2017, 03:28 PM
I don't have "remember me" checked, so I log in manually every time I visit the site. Anyway, lately, after I login and click to another page, whether it is "new posts" or opening a post, it will make re-login again. Is anyone else having this issue? It might just be the computer I'm on, but I'm pretty sure it does it the same for me at home. I can try to clear the cookie from this site, but wasn't sure if anyone else was seeing a similar issue. My browser is Chrome.

BisonTeacher
08-10-2017, 03:43 PM
I don't have "remember me" checked, so I log in manually every time I visit the site. Anyway, lately, after I login and click to another page, whether it is "new posts" or opening a post, it will make re-login again. Is anyone else having this issue? It might just be the computer I'm on, but I'm pretty sure it does it the same for me at home. I can try to clear the cookie from this site, but wasn't sure if anyone else was seeing a similar issue. My browser is Chrome.

not having that issue...sounds like the browser is clearing all your cookies every time you go to a new page?? Try it with a different browser just to test it.

LikeMothers
08-10-2017, 04:59 PM

Someone's trying to get you to take a hint...

EndZoneQB
08-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Someone's trying to get you to take a hint...

That's what I was thinking...

BlueBisonRock
08-10-2017, 06:58 PM

not having that issue...sounds like the browser is clearing all your cookies every time you go to a new page?? Try it with a different browser just to test it.

I believe we have a winner here.

I usually have to sign in again when I clean up the history. Check your settings.

EndZoneQB
08-10-2017, 07:25 PM
I deleted my cookies for BV and still same thing. Had to log in 3x just to post this comment. I haven't changed any chrome settings or anything, but I'll check everything over. Just didn't want to spend too much time on it if it was just a site issue.

BisonTeacher
08-10-2017, 07:31 PM
I deleted my cookies for BV and still same thing. Had to log in 3x just to post this comment. I haven't changed any chrome settings or anything, but I'll check everything over. Just didn't want to spend too much time on it if it was just a site issue.

No but your chrome might have auto updated. Did you try a different browser to see if it does the same thing?

EndZoneQB
08-10-2017, 07:37 PM
No but your chrome might have auto updated. Did you try a different browser to see if it does the same thing?

Yes, same thing.

BisonTeacher
08-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Yes, same thing.

Ok weird. So it's not browser specific. Are u at work or home? If it's work your site administrator might have added some group policies on cookies in browsers.

EndZoneQB
08-10-2017, 07:45 PM
Ok weird. So it's not browser specific. Are u at work or home? If it's work your site administrator might have added some group policies on cookies in browsers.

Haha no, I work in IT. Everything goes through me, it's only on Bisonville. The only thing I can think of is our balancer switching over to our backup connection while I'm on the site and it not being able to correctly identify me again. It shouldn't be switching over as it's mostly just a failover activation on the backup connection. I'm fairly certain it happens at home too, could totally be wrong tho. I can't remember because it's been happening so much lately, it barely registers anymore.

EndZoneQB
08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Appears to happen when I open in new tab MOSTLY. Just really odd. A new tab or window shouldn't make a difference unless I close out of a current session. Cookies definitely aren't being cleared on my end as they are still there.

BisonTeacher
08-10-2017, 07:57 PM
Haha no, I work in IT. Everything goes through me, it's only on Bisonville. The only thing I can think of is our balancer switching over to our backup connection while I'm on the site and it not being able to correctly identify me again. It shouldn't be switching over as it's mostly just a failover activation on the backup connection. I'm fairly certain it happens at home too, could totally be wrong tho. I can't remember because it's been happening so much lately, it barely registers anymore.

Well if you can't figure it out...how am I supposed to???

:biggrin:

tony
08-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Are you running in private mode or something like that?

EndZoneQB
08-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Are you running in private mode or something like that?

Nope, but that's what it acts like when I open a new tab. But even in private mode, a new tab still keeps your session that you're logged into with that private window. It's almost like it's timing me out instantly. I can log in on a thread because I want to post and by the time it logs me and refreshes the thread and I type my reply, I've been logged out. I haven't clicked another link or anything.

BisonTeacher
08-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Tony,
Whatever he's stumbled on to, we should harness it and use it on any UN_ posters.

oldmantutters
08-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Have you tried restarting your machine?

SamsRams
08-10-2017, 09:27 PM
#ByeFelicia

EndZoneQB
08-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Seems to be working fine today now. Had zero issues at home last night and it's good at the office now.

17>1
08-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, didn't want to Gabe it and start it a new thread for my question. Is there any way to go back and look at reputation comments?

scottietohottie
08-24-2017, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, didn't want to Gabe it and start it a new thread for my question. Is there any way to go back and look at reputation comments?

I sure hope not. And if you can I better start an I need a good lawyer thread.

TAILG8R
08-24-2017, 10:33 PM

How far back? If you go to you inbox and then click on settings in the top left of that page(under the main site navigation) it will show you the most recent reputation comments. Only an admin can go back and find all rep comments I believe.

tjbison
08-25-2017, 02:23 AM
anybody else finding this site to be terrible slow loading sometimes? Of all the sites I visit this is the slowest, Just curious

BisonTeacher
08-25-2017, 10:35 AM
anybody else finding this site to be terrible slow loading sometimes? Of all the sites I visit this is the slowest, Just curious

It seems like it's around noon each day.

oldmantutters
08-25-2017, 02:57 PM
It seems like it's around noon each day.

Yep. It's almost unusable over the noon hour especially larger threads like Random Thoughts.

bisonp
08-25-2017, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to a fundraiser to upgrade things around here.

BisonTeacher
08-25-2017, 03:57 PM

We could sell bisonville t shirts!

:hide:

EndZoneQB
08-25-2017, 05:11 PM

Another site I was a member of did "ban-a-member" fundraisers to pay for the hosting. You could pay to unban yourself or just wait until the specified amount of time had elapsed. It was usually pretty fun and quite crazy.

loudsilverado
08-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Crazy, the site keeps locking up windows 98 for me...

TransAmBison
08-28-2017, 08:17 PM
Crazy, the site keeps locking up windows 98 for me...Looser. No reason to ever upgrade from Windows 95. You just fell for their marketing ploy.

loudsilverado
08-28-2017, 10:57 PM
Luckily before I log out I print all the threads I commented on or looked at on my Okidata for quick reference.

tjbison
08-28-2017, 11:41 PM
Luckily before I log out I print all the threads I commented on or looked at on my Okidata for quick reference.

Holy shit....your alive