PDA

View Full Version : Would you support NDSU moving to the MVC? (Poll)

mvfcfan
08-07-2017, 01:21 PM
First and foremost I'll introduce myself. I am a fan of the Indiana State Sycamores and of the MVC.

There's been talk of the MVC going to 12 and I think that NDSU and SDSU would both be great adds to the MVC. You guys are already in the conference (MVFC) for football and have been since 2008. And if you are added you have to be added with South Dakota State, so that you have a travel partner no questions asked. No one from the MVC is going to go play basketball at Fargo in conference play without being able to play another team in the area. NDSU and SDSU are without question the best two schools from the Dakotas. UND and USD might be good adds in the future if they can prove that they can consistently be good.

I really don't think I need to go into too much detail on why I think you guys would be great adds. My biggest question is would the fanbase at NDSU support a move to the MVC. Now that all 4 Dakota schools are in the same conference and that your tournament is in Sioux Falls would you support such a move?

As a side note I would ignore most of the people on the MVCfans board. Most of them are just in favor of adding private or non-football public schools. Most people I have talked to in person about the MVC around where I live think that the XDSU schools are the best options for the MVC. And a lot of these people are primarily fans of the Big Ten, Big 12, ACC, etc. NDSU and SDSU make the most sense to me because we then have 7 members that play all sports (football, basketball, and baseball).

I've started similar threads on the Northern Kentucky and Oral Roberts boards. I am going to start this thread on the SDSU board as well.

My official position on this is that I want NDSU and SDSU; or Murray State and Oral Roberts. I don't particularly have a preference, just as long as it is one or the other.

ndsubison1
08-07-2017, 01:37 PM
This is a no brainer.

mvfcfan
08-07-2017, 02:02 PM
I know that this poll hasn't been up for an hour yet, but the NDSU and SDSU polls are totally opposite right now.

On here it is 12-0 Yes and on SDSUfans.com it is 7-2 No. I find that kind of odd. SDSU must really like having that tournament in Sioux Falls is the only thing I can think of.

HerdBot
08-07-2017, 02:15 PM
That's a no brainer. Some people have this perception we are on some impossible to get to island and a small TV market which is wrong.

Ndsu is on 2 major interstate highways, has an airport a few miles from campus, is one of the fastest growing medium sized cities in the country, and has the 116th largest TV market and growing which is inbetween Youngstown and Eugene Oregon and 2 spots ahead of Peoria Bloomington

Bisonator98
08-07-2017, 02:21 PM
The MVC just isn't what it was without WSU and I'd rather not deal with the privates over there.

I'd prefer the MVFC schools in one conference.

El_Chapo
08-07-2017, 02:32 PM
NDSU subsidizies the Missouri Valley already via the Football conference, the MVC should be made aware of this by our NDSU ADMIN.... but our admin is too chickenbleep.

the MVC owes NDSU... and it was a slap in the face to everyone here in BisoNation that NDSU wasnt considered for expansion last year.

FBS & Mountain West/MAC is more important for NDSU now.

mvfcfan
08-07-2017, 02:37 PM
The MVC just isn't what it was without WSU and I'd rather not deal with the privates over there.

I'd prefer the MVFC schools in one conference.

I agree with you 100% on this one. The private schools and their fanbases have no outlook for getting better. They think that if the 5 publics all dropped football and diverted the money to basketball that somehow basketball would get better. Well the privates already do that and none of them are any good.

The local newspaper in Terre Haute had an article talking about the competitive imbalance of the league. The publics had been dominating the league in all sports.

The fanbases of the privates and even some of the publics can get quite annoying. Apparently the only teams we are allowed to look at are privates or non-football playing publics. Murray State is apparently okay though because they know their place and they know that basketball is more important. I guess these privates' fans think getting to the Sweet 16 every 3-4 years is more important than winning national titles in football. I really don't understand their logic to be honest.

The funny thing is that the only two schools that have made the NCAA tournament in the last 10 years from the MVC (not including Wichita State and Creighton; or Valpo) are Indiana State and Northern Iowa, who are both publics.

ndsubison1
08-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Especially if it included SDSU

Bison bison
08-07-2017, 07:44 PM
No way. Nor would I motorboat Kate Upton's boobies if given the chance.

Rabbit74
08-07-2017, 07:47 PM
I know that this poll hasn't been up for an hour yet, but the NDSU and SDSU polls are totally opposite right now.

On here it is 12-0 Yes and on SDSUfans.com it is 7-2 No. I find that kind of odd. SDSU must really like having that tournament in Sioux Falls is the only thing I can think of.

And NDSU really doesn't like the prospect of being in the same conference as UND next year.

NDSUstudent
08-07-2017, 08:29 PM

I don't find it odd at all. You are talking about their precious meanwhile NDSU fans don't give a single damn about Sioux Falls.

I also find MVCfans very strange....Our RPI would be near the top of the MVC the past 5 or so years and we also won an NCAA tournament game, yet all they can do is babble about football whenever NDSU is brought up.

ndsubison1
08-07-2017, 08:45 PM
MVC is more stable and most teams would prefer it over the Summit. The Summit may not exist 10-15 years from now.

HerdBot
08-07-2017, 09:38 PM
MVC is more stable and most teams would prefer it over the Summit. The Summit may not exist 10-15 years from now.

And for that reason, along with some great competition and build in rivalries.. This is a no brainer

Actually I don't think it would be a bad idea to add all 4 Dakota schools. That's 4 crazy awesome rivalries built in in a Great overall conference

Christopher Moen
08-08-2017, 12:50 AM
And for that reason, along with some great competition and build in rivalries.. This is a no brainer

Actually I don't think it would be a bad idea to add all 4 Dakota schools. That's 4 crazy awesome rivalries built in in a Great overall conference

I would have to agree, even if it includes those crazy f'hawkers up North.

1998braves64
08-08-2017, 05:01 AM
Just NDSU and SDSU I'd be a bit reserved about that. Not really against it but that would cause a lot off turmoil somewhat again with the supposed in state rivals of both schools. Probably get red chiclets for this but think the 4 XDSU/UXD's are stuck together a bit now, but what do I know. We did it before so I guess it could happen again.

Lastly just don't think MVC privates will ever let in XDSU's as we haven't even been an after thought whenever they've added teams.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

AKBison
08-08-2017, 05:29 AM
Just NDSU and SDSU I'd be a bit reserved about that. Not really against it but that would cause a lot off turmoil somewhat again with the supposed in state rivals of both schools. Probably get red chiclets for this but think the 4 XDSU/UXD's are stuck together a bit now, but what do I know. We did it before so I guess it could happen again.

Lastly just don't think MVC privates will ever let in XDSU's as we haven't even been an after thought whenever they've added teams.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

First preference is MAC with UNI and ISUr. Second option is MVC with SDSU with option 2b being going to the MVC without SDSU if they can't seem to let go of their "precious." (Sioux Falls tournament)

mvfcfan
08-08-2017, 04:30 PM

I agree with this. Personally I think it's probably going to be Murray State and Oral Roberts. That keeps the public/private split even at 6-6 and it gives Missouri State a travel partner. They're also more travel friendly (aka bus league). But what do I know?

Bison"FANatic"
08-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Does ORU have a buy out for the Summit after leaving and then coming back and if they do until when is it able to be exercised?

tjbison
08-08-2017, 04:57 PM
I agree with this. Personally I think it's probably going to be Murray State and Oral Roberts. That keeps the public/private split even at 6-6 and it gives Missouri State a travel partner. They're also more travel friendly (aka bus league). But what do I know?

no way the Summit teams allow the MVC to add another FB school AND steal a team from the Summit..No way

EndZoneQB
08-08-2017, 06:05 PM
no way the Summit teams allow the MVC to add another FB school AND steal a team from the Summit..No way

This needs to be repeated. Summit schools will have a say in all of this...unless Murray State wants to go non-scholly like Drake. Morehead State is in the Pioneer for football...and is the only public........

mvfcfan
08-09-2017, 03:50 AM
I don't think the Dakota schools or Western Illinois would block a Murray State addition. If you guys did you could pretty much say goodbye to MVFC football. The public MVC schools have been pretty generous to you guys by letting USD and UND in, but do you really think we're going to let you spit in our faces and run our league? We would have 6 teams in the MVC if we added Murray State that have football and we would still have YSU. That was where we were at when NDSU and SDSU were invited back in 08. I doubt that Western Illinois would leave either since they have been in the MVFC since it was founded back in 85. That gives us at least 7 or 8 in our conference compared to your 4 or 5 max. You need 6 for an auto bid. Are you really willing to risk MVFC football over the MVC potentially taking Oral Roberts? That sounds pretty foolish to me. I don't think you guys would have much of a choice. You would pretty much have to let Murray State in or else there would end up being problems.

tjbison
08-09-2017, 10:50 AM
I don't think the Dakota schools or Western Illinois would block a Murray State addition. If you guys did you could pretty much say goodbye to MVFC football. The public MVC schools have been pretty generous to you guys by letting USD and UND in, but do you really think we're going to let you spit in our faces and run our league? We would have 6 teams in the MVC if we added Murray State that have football and we would still have YSU. That was where we were at when NDSU and SDSU were invited back in 08. I doubt that Western Illinois would leave either since they have been in the MVFC since it was founded back in 85. That gives us at least 7 or 8 in our conference compared to your 4 or 5 max. You need 6 for an auto bid. Are you really willing to risk MVFC football over the MVC potentially taking Oral Roberts? That sounds pretty foolish to me. I don't think you guys would have much of a choice. You would pretty much have to let Murray State in or else there would end up being problems.

There would be bigger problems if the Summit folded, and by generous what exactly do you mean? MVFC needs the Dakota's just as much, and I still guarantee They will NOT allow the MVC to raid a School from the Summit AND allow another FB school in the MVFC especially one that Sucks which will make the conference go to Divisions and the Eastern Division will be loaded with cupcakes and the West a bloodbath...makes no sense

Yote 53
08-09-2017, 03:47 PM
What TJBison said, and I'll add that adding USD to the conference a few years back was a defensive move by the MVFC. USD had an offer to the Big Sky along with UND. If both those schools went to the BSC it would only be a matter of time (I mean, look at how the Summit is still teetering from defections even WITH USD and now UND in the conference) before NDSU and SDSU would have followed because of the instability of the Summit.

So don't act like the MVC schools went and did us all some favors, it was just as much an act of self-preservation on their part as it was done to help our schools out. And there you have one of the main issues in this conference, the attitude from the MVC schools towards the Summit schools, that you are all doing us a favor by allowing us into YOUR conference.

It's actually kind of funny, the attitude towards the Dakotas, because we sit here and try to figure out why the public/football playing MVC schools allow the private schools in the MVC to treat them like b*tches and dictate that private/non-football schools be added to the conference. The public/football MVC schools are the ones carrying the basketball side of the MVC much like the Dakotas are at the top of the MVFC (and in the case of USD and UND does anyone doubt that we'll be in the upper half of the conference before long too). I don't understand why you guys haven't dumped those privates already and joined with the Summit public schools who share a similar vision for their athletic departments and school profile.

El_Chapo
08-09-2017, 04:29 PM

Spit in your faces? NDSU has SUBSIDIZED the MVFC. Period, End of story, NDSU has brought more revenue, exposure in last 6-7 years than it got in last 50 years. Other schools make money off us, including your precious MVC/

Screw the MVC time for something bigger!!

mvfcfan
08-09-2017, 04:47 PM
I think all of the MVFC schools in one conference for all sports would honestly be the best move too and I have been in support of that for a long time now. The private schools in the MVC do nothing for the league. Their mindset has held the conference back so much. Unfortunately they will be the ones that demand that a private school be added for Murray State to join and ORU is the only private that meets MVC standards.

The chances of a MVFC all sports conference is pretty slim, but we'd all be better off in the long run if we did that, because we would all have common goals and ideas. The MVC doesn't have a common goal or idea as of right now.

It should be noted that there are a lot of fans of the public/MVC schools that support dropping football (or going non scholarship) in favor of spending more on basketball. I hear it all the time by Indiana State fans.

So back to reality. It looks like IPFW and Robert Morris are the top two contenders to join the Horizon League. That brings the Summit League down to 8. If you could get UMKC (which is a very good possibility) that would bring you back to 9. We've had good conversation on here though. I'm kind of curious if the real reason we didn't invite Murray State along with Valparaiso was because we (and the Dakotas) were concerned that Western Illinois might get an invite to the OVC for all sports.

I think the MVFC all sports conference is the best and most stable route, but with all the talks among MVC schools of trying to cut travel costs I just don't see it happening.

EndZoneQB
08-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Honestly, I just don't see a negative in adding two to four STATE schools. It's not like we are directional schools, there has to be some forward thinking about the growth potentials of our state universities.

Bisonator98
08-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Honestly, I just don't see a negative in adding two to four STATE schools. It's not like we are directional schools, there has to be some forward thinking about the growth potentials of our state universities.

The MVC schools, mostly the privates, don't want to compete against STATE schools. That's the bottom line. The MVC is not a conference I want any part of because of that very issue. Why do you think Wichita State got the hell out? Why do you think UNI and ISUr would bolt in a heartbeat?

EndZoneQB
08-09-2017, 05:07 PM
The MVC schools, mostly the privates, don't want to compete against STATE schools. That's the bottom line. The MVC is not a conference I want any part of because of that very issue. Why do you think Wichita State got the hell out? Why do you think UNI and ISUr would bolt in a heartbeat?

If this is true, the Summit needs to seriously start pitching those schools. If they haven't already of course.

Bisonator98
08-09-2017, 06:06 PM
If this is true, the Summit needs to seriously start pitching those schools. If they haven't already of course.

They won't come to the Summit. They have these delusions of grander that they are so much better. Kind of like a lot of these people who want into the MVC. They still see it as the conference it was 10 years ago.

TheDynastyContinues
08-09-2017, 09:41 PM
It could potentially make NDSU look bad by leaving right as UND joins the summit imo.

ByeSonBusiness
08-09-2017, 09:45 PM
It could potentially make NDSU look bad by leaving right as UND joins the summit imo.

So? Who cares. MVC is lit.

EC8CH
08-09-2017, 10:04 PM

Looks Bad?

I think you mean Bad Ass!

https://media.giphy.com/media/WjSx3rJqsa448/200.gif

EndZoneQB
08-09-2017, 10:15 PM
They won't come to the Summit. They have these delusions of grander that they are so much better. Kind of like a lot of these people who want into the MVC. They still see it as the conference it was 10 years ago.

Or as a stable conference, but you know.

mvfcfan
08-11-2017, 02:05 AM
If and when the WAC folds I could see the Summit League having the following teams within the next 5 years:

UND
NDSU
USD
SDSU
UNO
UMKC (current WAC member)
Denver
Utah Valley (current WAC member)
WIU (assuming they don't get an invite from the OVC or Horizon League)
ORU (assuming they don't get an invite from the MVC)

I just don't see the WAC lasting. I think NMST will go to the MWC pretty soon. Grand Canyon will probably end up in the WCC if their basketball team ends up as good as most people think it will. The California schools will probably go Big West along with Seattle. The Southland Conference makes the most sense for UTRGV. Chicago State will probably close up shop too. If these are the 10 schools the Summit League ends up with I think that is a pretty decent league.

mvfcfan
08-13-2017, 03:11 AM
But ignoring my WAC prediction. I really hope that you guys along with South Dakota State pick up the invite.

tjbison
08-13-2017, 05:26 AM
If and when the WAC folds I could see the Summit League having the following teams within the next 5 years:

UND
NDSU
USD
SDSU
UNO
UMKC (current WAC member)
Denver
Utah Valley (current WAC member)
WIU (assuming they don't get an invite from the OVC or Horizon League)
ORU (assuming they don't get an invite from the MVC)

I just don't see the WAC lasting. I think NMST will go to the MWC pretty soon. Grand Canyon will probably end up in the WCC if their basketball team ends up as good as most people think it will. The California schools will probably go Big West along with Seattle. The Southland Conference makes the most sense for UTRGV. Chicago State will probably close up shop too. If these are the 10 schools the Summit League ends up with I think that is a pretty decent league.New Mexico will not allow NMST, into the MW if they would it already would have happened

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tjbison
08-13-2017, 05:31 AM
I could see a day when NMST falls back to FCS and maybe the Summit could then have NDSU, SDSU, USD, WIU, UND, NMST for FB

Not going to happ en but very possible, as I'm guessing the brass in Las Crucas is watching what Idaho is doing, maybe they join the Big Sky and UNC joiins the Summit still tabs another FB school for the Summit. All scenarios will have the serious FB schools in the MVC keeping tabs the Summit falls apart the MVFC is garbage

tjbison
08-13-2017, 05:36 AM
I should add though the egos in the MVC will never admit the Summit actually has leverage on them albeit very little but they do, lose 4 State schools because you want garbage privates..lol that won't sit well with other state schools

I say take NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, UNI, Montana, Montana St, Illinois St, and maybe Idaho or NMST and do their own thing, would be a kick ass gig for FB and would build to be a great all sports conference..again won't happen but...

oldmantutters
08-13-2017, 01:48 PM
I should add though the egos in the MVC will never admit the Summit actually has leverage on them albeit very little but they do, lose 4 State schools because you want garbage privates..lol that won't sit well with other state schools

I say take NDSU, SDSU, USD, UND, UNI, Montana, Montana St, Illinois St, and maybe Idaho or NMST and do their own thing, would be a kick ass gig for FB and would build to be a great all sports conference..again won't happen but...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkUNI and ISUr won't leave the MVC and I doubt the Montana's would leave the Big Sky. However, the conference you propose would easily be the best FCS conference, and a very formidable Mid-Major for basketball.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mvfcfan
08-13-2017, 08:12 PM
None of the MVC publics are going to go to the Summit League, so it's not even worth entertaining the idea.

While it might improve football, it does nothing for basketball. Like it or not the MVC publics are not going to join a conference that is a step down in basketball just for better competition in football.

While the privates have struggled recently they do have potential to be better in basketball.
1) Bradley for example spends over 3 million dollars a year on basketball and has a large fan base. Once they start having success they could really be the top team in the MVC for a long time. The support and the money is there.
2) Evansville just recently started playing in a new arena. They spend 2 and a half million on basketball per year and have potential as well.
3) Loyola was initially a bad addition, but they actually have a really good shot of winning the conference this upcoming season. Them and Missouri State are the early favorites.
4) Valparaiso just made the NIT championship game in 2016. They have had a lot of success and have racked up a lot of wins in the last several seasons. They were a sold add this last time around.
5) Drake is probably the worst private school in the MVC, but they are the only original founding member left. In 2008 they had a very good season, so they could do it again if they get the right hire and right recruits.

Lastly the MVC publics and privates have something in common with the other MVC publics and that is location and tradition in basketball. While the MVC is currently down, it's not always going to be down. The only way the publics in the MVC are going to join the XDSUs if the XDSUs get invited to the MVC.

It's my opinion that NDSU and SDSU would be the best two adds to the MVC. Murray State and Oral Roberts are probably the next two best adds, but their locations are better. It's tough to say which direction the MVC goes.

North Side
08-13-2017, 11:49 PM
I might be in the minority but I like the Summit League. All that matters is will the Men's basketball team make the big dance. I doubt NDSU would be dancing 3 times already if they were in the MVC for basketball. We are not at that level, heck we can barely win the Summit. MVC is a more powerful league but at the end of the day I really like the Summit League and going to Sioux Falls. NDSU sports get to the national tourmanet because we can complete at a high level in the Summit League, MVC we are middle of the pack.

Mayville Bison
08-14-2017, 02:43 PM
None of the MVC publics are going to go to the Summit League, so it's not even worth entertaining the idea.

While it might improve football, it does nothing for basketball. Like it or not the MVC publics are not going to join a conference that is a step down in basketball just for better competition in football.

While the privates have struggled recently they do have potential to be better in basketball.
1) Bradley for example spends over 3 million dollars a year on basketball and has a large fan base. Once they start having success they could really be the top team in the MVC for a long time. The support and the money is there.
2) Evansville just recently started playing in a new arena. They spend 2 and a half million on basketball per year and have potential as well.
3) Loyola was initially a bad addition, but they actually have a really good shot of winning the conference this upcoming season. Them and Missouri State are the early favorites.
4) Valparaiso just made the NIT championship game in 2016. They have had a lot of success and have racked up a lot of wins in the last several seasons. They were a sold add this last time around.
5) Drake is probably the worst private school in the MVC, but they are the only original founding member left. In 2008 they had a very good season, so they could do it again if they get the right hire and right recruits.

Lastly the MVC publics and privates have something in common with the other MVC publics and that is location and tradition in basketball. While the MVC is currently down, it's not always going to be down. The only way the publics in the MVC are going to join the XDSUs if the XDSUs get invited to the MVC.

It's my opinion that NDSU and SDSU would be the best two adds to the MVC. Murray State and Oral Roberts are probably the next two best adds, but their locations are better. It's tough to say which direction the MVC goes.

I'm going to preface this by saying it's not going to happen, but if the publics went to the Summit, wouldn't that new Summit be a step up in basketball? Valpo (the team that hasn't played a game in the MVC) is the best of the privates. The 5 you have listed above or the 4 Dakotas and UNO? Honestly, if UNI & ISUr decided to jump together, that alone make the new Summit better than the MVC.

You are right it's not going to happen, but it's not because it would be a step down. It would be because of tournament shares. If a Summit team can make a S16 run or two and the MVC is a one and done for a few years, then it has a chance. Those are two HUGE ifs though, so let's cross that bridge if it actually happens.

Mr Meaty
08-14-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm going to preface this by saying it's not going to happen, but if the publics went to the Summit, wouldn't that new Summit be a step up in basketball? Valpo (the team that hasn't played a game in the MVC) is the best of the privates. The 5 you have listed above or the 4 Dakotas and UNO? Honestly, if UNI & ISUr decided to jump together, that alone make the new Summit better than the MVC.

You are right it's not going to happen, but it's not because it would be a step down. It would be because of tournament shares. If a Summit team can make a S16 run or two and the MVC is a one and done for a few years, then it has a chance. Those are two HUGE ifs though, so let's cross that bridge if it actually happens.

Now that Wichita State is gone, I would not worry about MVC making any S16 runs either. It takes a special group of players to get to S16 unless you are the big boys. Tourney money because of WSU will be end. WSU left that money on the table to move out and up for them.

Yote 53
08-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Now that Wichita State is gone, I would not worry about MVC making any S16 runs either. It takes a special group of players to get to S16 unless you are the big boys. Tourney money because of WSU will be end. WSU left that money on the table to move out and up for them.

UNI is a good enough program to make a tournament run. ISUr could probably do it too. The rest, I don't think so.

It's just a matter of time before Summit units, Horizon units, and Valley units from the tournament are pretty much even.

ByeSonBusiness
08-14-2017, 03:47 PM

UNI had to manage maybe the greatest collapse in March Madness history to not make the Sweet Sixteen in 2016...just sayin'

Bisonator98
08-14-2017, 04:19 PM
UNI had to manage maybe the greatest collapse in March Madness history to not make the Sweet Sixteen in 2016...just sayin'

UNI doing UNI things proves his point. UNI has 1 sweet sixteen appearance in 35 years.

MVC isn't going to be getting 10-12 seeds on a regular basis without WSU either which makes tourney wins even harder to come by IMO.

mvfcfan
08-16-2017, 04:39 PM
The Summit League just doesn't get very good seeds very often. I'm looking back at the past 6 years and the Summit League has only gotten as high as a 12 seed twice. In those cases NDSU won against Oklahoma 80-75 (in OT) and SDSU lost to Maryland 79-74.

The other three times SDSU has had it rough. They had to play Baylor (2012), Michigan (2013), and Gonzaga (2017) and two of those three made it to the Final 4. Baylor on the other hand made it to the Elite 8. Then you have NDSU playing Gonzaga in 2015. It's very hard to win when you play teams like that in the first round of the tournament.

I highly believe that NDSU and SDSU would be the best adds for the MVC. It also makes sense for you guys as well too. With two quality adds it makes our conference better which means that our seeding will be better. If you can get at least a 12 seed in the tournament you give yourself a chance of winning. Anything less than a 12 and you have to get really lucky and play a highly overrated team to even have a chance at winning.

In all honesty an 11 or a 12 seed is probably the best seeding you can get as a mid major because if you win you don't get stuck playing a 1 or a 2 seed in the second round if you win, so you have a better chance at making a Sweet 16 run. Being an 8 or a 9; or a 7 and a 10 is probably about the worst thing that can happen, but even at that you still have a chance to win at least 1 game.

But I don't think I have to convince you guys too much since the vote is 63-11 in favor.

ndsubison1
08-17-2017, 01:53 PM
UNI doing UNI things proves his point. UNI has 1 sweet sixteen appearance in 35 years.

MVC isn't going to be getting 10-12 seeds on a regular basis without WSU either which makes tourney wins even harder to come by IMO.

Still a better seed usually than the Summit.

reformedUNDfan
08-19-2017, 02:13 PM
make the summit/valley a relegation league

mvfcfan
09-13-2017, 08:40 PM
The people on MVCfans are so ignorant. They'd all rather see their team in the NCAA tournament than win a FCS National Title. Like what a freaking joke! I'm an Indiana State fan and I'd be much more proud of a national title in football than a run (that would probably never happen) in the NCAA tournament. So count me as "in" for the MVFC all-sports conference idea. Got to get away from the weak "not wanting to compete in anything" mindset the private schools in the MVC have.

I prefer putting money into football more so than basketball because for one, our league gets 4 bids regularly now. And secondly the MVC is a one bid league now. Investing a ton of money into a one bid league is stupid. Competing in a sport not controlled by the big schools is more fun in my opinion. When the ACC is getting 9 teams in the NCAA tournament then there's no reason to invest a ton of money into a sport like that. As an ISU fan I'd much rather be associated with North Dakota State, SDSU, USD, etc; than Bradley, Evansville, Loyola, etc.

Thoughts?

Mr Meaty
09-13-2017, 08:48 PM
The people on MVCfans are so ignorant. They'd all rather see their team in the NCAA tournament than win a FCS National Title. Like what a freaking joke! I'm an Indiana State fan and I'd be much more proud of a national title in football than a run (that would probably never happen) in the NCAA tournament. So count me as "in" for the MVFC all-sports conference idea. Got to get away from the weak "not wanting to compete in anything" mindset the private schools in the MVC have.

I prefer putting money into football more so than basketball because for one, our league gets 4 bids regularly now. And secondly the MVC is a one bid league now. Investing a ton of money into a one bid league is stupid. Competing in a sport not controlled by the big schools is more fun in my opinion. When the ACC is getting 9 teams in the NCAA tournament then there's no reason to invest a ton of money into a sport like that. As an ISU fan I'd much rather be associated with North Dakota State, SDSU, USD, etc; than Bradley, Evansville, Loyola, etc.

Thoughts?

:judges:
I would agree with you 100%.

ByeSonBusiness
09-13-2017, 10:10 PM
I'd trade an FCS title for a tourney appearance. I'd trade 2 for a win in the tourney. I'd trade all 5 for a Sweet 16 appearance.

tjbison
09-13-2017, 10:13 PM
I'd trade an FCS title for a tourney appearance. I'd trade 2 for a win in the tourney. I'd trade all 5 for a Sweet 16 appearance.

No way, I'll take both

Mr Meaty
09-14-2017, 12:42 AM

We did the first two without giving anything up. Oh I forgot you are thinking like a UND fan.

mvfcfan
09-14-2017, 02:18 AM
No way I'd trade a title (or 2) for a win in the basketball tournament. That's just crazy to even think like that.

tjbison
09-14-2017, 02:22 AM
No way I'd trade a title (or 2) for a win in the basketball tournament. That's just crazy to even think like that.

Not everyone does, it's proven both can be done

jrd
09-14-2017, 02:49 AM
Why does it have to be football vs basketball, why not have a well rounded athletic dept and be good at a number of sports. Both NDSU and SDSU have had post season success in football (bison obviously way more success than the jacks), both have made the NCAA MBB tournament and placed women's teams in national tournaments on a regular basis, and have won games in the NCAA's. Whenever I read MVC Fans i don't understand the men's basketball vs all other sports mentality. I also don't understand why they constantly belittle FCS football, college football is a fall weekend event not unlike golfing in the spring or camping at the lake in the summer, football and tailgating is the thing to do in the fall on the weekends. Years ago I heard a saying as goes your football team so goes your athletic department, your football team sets the tone for your athletic dept. the rest of the year. At SDSU there is a reason most of are football games are named, football Saturdays are an extension of our alumni association and community and statewide outreach.

El_Chapo
09-14-2017, 03:46 AM
NDSU's win as a #12 vs Oklahoma was bigger than all 5 national titles.

hell, NDSU was on every tv station's highlights, every espn hour spot, every fox sports and top of the hour radio news for a full 24 hours after that win. much bigger than a fcs title. sorry.

DePereBisonFan
03-18-2018, 01:00 AM
Yes, the MVC is still a great option, still way ahead of the Summit.

CAS4127
03-18-2018, 01:03 AM
NDSU's win as a #12 vs Oklahoma was bigger than all 5 national titles.

hell, NDSU was on every tv station's highlights, every espn hour spot, every fox sports and top of the hour radio news for a full 24 hours after that win. much bigger than a fcs title. sorry.

Does anyone other than local peeps and Summit team fans even remember this any more?

Do our football NCs get us way more national recognition?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
03-18-2018, 01:08 AM
Does anyone other than local peeps and Summit team fans even remember this any more?

Do our football NCs get us way more national recognition?

I’ll hang up and listen.

Nope, an NCAA tournament win will always generate more then a FCS NC. Beating Iowa or KSU was bigger than an FCS NC for publicity.

CAS4127
03-18-2018, 01:18 AM
Nope, an NCAA tournament win will always generate more then a FCS NC. Beating Iowa or KSU was bigger than an FCS NC for publicity.

Disagree. We are a mainstay in sports recognition because of our football dynasty.

NDSUstudent
03-18-2018, 01:24 AM
Disagree. We are a mainstay in sports recognition because of our football dynasty.

All of it combined, yes but nobody has a clue who beat for any title outside of NDSU people and MVFC/FCS fans. More people probably know us for Gameday, beating FBS teams and of course Carson Wentz playing here.

scbison91
03-19-2018, 11:36 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk You are right. I live in South Carolina and travel over the South and don't know many people come up to me when I Bison gear and make a comment about NDSU.

Bison"FANatic"
03-20-2018, 12:02 AM
With how our basketball teams are showing they would probably take USD and SDSU before us. Basketball is king in the MVC.

DePereBisonFan
03-20-2018, 02:57 AM
With how our basketball teams are showing they would probably take USD and SDSU before us. Basketball is king in the MVC.

And our only hope would be that SDSU says, "NDSU hung with us during the transition, so..."

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
03-25-2018, 05:38 PM

Not even close. I'll give you Iowa or KSU, but not just some random NCAA tourney win.

So we won one fricken game in the Dance, big deal.

Honeybooboo
03-25-2018, 05:41 PM
Not even close. I'll give you Iowa or KSU, but not just some random NCAA tourney win.

I believe they proved student right with impact of interest in ndsu after the ncaa win, enrollment applications went up as did sales of merchandise moreso than any fcs championship

But i may be mistaken

NDSUstudent
03-25-2018, 05:56 PM

An FCS title isn't exactly an exposure bomb. I'm not saying winning an NCAA tournament game is a bigger accomplishment(winning a national title clearly is) but one involves the biggest sporting event in the country and the other involves a second tier football tournament that practically nobody cares about.

FCS football is what it is.

IndyBison
03-25-2018, 08:27 PM
Winning an NCAA basketball game definitely generates more interest than an FCS championship. Winning 6 of 7 FCS championships and 6 straight FBS games will generate more interest than one NCAA basketball win. Also having the #2 pick in the draft and a successful start to his career helps. The longer he plays the less that will matter. Do most people remember where Phil Simms played? Joe Flacco? Jerry Rice? Eventually that will be less of a story. Everyone knows as Mt. Union and UW Whitewater because of long term domination, but who won the championship two years ago (hint: they lost to Mt. Union this year)? What NDSU football has done the past 7 years is incredible and can't really be compared to anything in recent history.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oldmantutters
03-25-2018, 08:49 PM
Winning an NCAA basketball game definitely generates more interest than an FCS championship. Winning 6 of 7 FCS championships and 6 straight FBS games will generate more interest than one NCAA basketball win. Also having the #2 pick in the draft and a successful start to his career helps. The longer he plays the less that will matter. Do most people remember where Phil Simms played? Joe Flacco? Jerry Rice? Eventually that will be less of a story. Everyone knows as Mt. Union and UW Whitewater because of long term domination, but who won the championship two years ago (hint: they lost to Mt. Union this year)? What NDSU football has done the past 7 years is incredible and can't really be compared to anything in recent history.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

* Moorehead State University (KY)
* University of Delaware
* Mississippi Valley State University
* Do not know

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

CyPanth
04-03-2018, 08:41 PM
NDSU subsidizies the Missouri Valley already via the Football conference, the MVC should be made aware of this by our NDSU ADMIN.... but our admin is too chickenbleep.

the MVC owes NDSU... and it was a slap in the face to everyone here in BisoNation that NDSU wasnt considered for expansion last year.

Who do you think you are? You're certainly no Loyola! :rofl:

56BISON73
04-07-2018, 10:30 PM
All of it combined, yes but nobody has a clue who beat for any title outside of NDSU people and MVFC/FCS fans. More people probably know us for Gameday, beating FBS teams and of course Carson Wentz playing here.

The people of TX know us for winning championships. I just spent a month down there and random people would come up to us to talk football after seeing our Bison gear.

Christopher Moen
04-07-2018, 10:45 PM
The people of TX know us for winning championships. I just spent a month down there and random people would come up to us to talk football after seeing our Bison gear.

I can confirm a lot of people know Bison Football here in Iowa City.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

EndZoneQB
04-07-2018, 11:12 PM
I can confirm a lot of people know Bison Football here in Iowa City.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

....because we beat Iowa in Iowa City. Breaking some new ground there, Copernicus.

56BISON73
04-07-2018, 11:59 PM

What does your defunct website have to do with the MVC?

Christopher Moen
04-08-2018, 12:44 AM
....because we beat Iowa in Iowa City. Breaking some new ground there, Copernicus.

And is part of the reason why FBS programs want nothing to do with our Football team.

Beating Oklahoma and Notre Dame in Men’s Basketball hasn’t created that type of issue.

In regards to my Iowa City statement, I was making light to the fact that I haven’t gotten any grief from Hawkeye people for wearing NDSU gear this week on campus. However, my coworkers feel I’m causing trouble.