PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Football Roster update. gobison.com

jcdcubs
07-30-2017, 11:41 PM
http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Professor Chaos
07-31-2017, 12:54 AM
No idea what they were at before but seems like Chris Board (230) and Stanley Jones (245) both are listed bigger than I recall them being at previously. It also seems like Schoening (297) and Alo (296) might've dropped a bit of weight. I thought both those guys were north of 3 bills before.

It seems the OL across the board is a bit lighter than in previous years. Incoming freshman Nash Jensen has all his teammates by 35+ lbs.

23Bison
07-31-2017, 01:04 AM
Seems Purifoy must be allergic to putting on weight. Kid should be in that 207-210 range with a 6'1" frame by now.

Christopher Moen
07-31-2017, 01:15 AM
Seems Purifoy must be allergic to putting on weight. Kid should be in that 207-210 range with a 6'1" frame by now.

Not everybody can put on weight easily, especially when they're training like madmen.

When I wrestled heavyweight, I had to drink a ton of water before weigh-ins just to make the minimum 197.1.

When I won my University National Championship in 2000, I weighed 200 LBS and was easily the lightest guy wrestling 97 KG (about 213 LBS). The guy I beat in the finals was a monster who probably cut at least 15 LBS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
07-31-2017, 02:42 AM
Sean Engel is 6-5, 208. Should be strong enough to make an impact now. He was 200 last year.

Dylan Radunz 6-6, 287. Was hoping he would crack 300 but Joe Haeg and Billy Turner were about the same early in their careers. Kids ahead of schedule

Not worried about size at all on this line as we have guys who are more athletic and out best lines ever had athleticism.(Tyler Gimmestad 6-2, 299) Little Zack Johnson is 6-6. 312. Colin Conner is 6-5, 309 and I wouldn't be shocked if he moves inside to put the best guys on the field. Kuhnert is listed as a guard so we know it'll probably be Volson at center

Looks like Cole Karcz held at 262 which means we will probably see him at DE in base downs and DT in nickel. That's just too light to be an every down D Tackle. Love the size of the Tuszka brothers. Derrek is now 6-5 245 and his brother is 6-3, 255

Felix Dixon up to 166. May be big enough to see the field in obvious passing downs.

Robbie Grimsley up 8 lbs to 191 which is a big deal for tackling durability

At a quick glance I don't see anyone missing... Glad to see Desmond Cain's name on the roster.

reformedUNDfan
07-31-2017, 03:21 AM
Sean Engel is 6-5, 208. Should be strong enough to make an impact now. He was 200 last year.

Dylan Radunz 6-6, 287. Was hoping he would crack 300 but Joe Haeg and Billy Turner were about the same early in their careers. Kids ahead of schedule

Not worried about size at all on this line as we have guys who are more athletic and out best lines ever had athleticism.(Tyler Gimmestad 6-2, 299) Little Zack Johnson is 6-6. 312. Colin Conner is 6-5, 309 and I wouldn't be shocked if he moves inside to put the best guys on the field. Kuhnert is listed as a guard so we know it'll probably be Volson at center

Looks like Cole Karcz held at 262 which means we will probably see him at DE in base downs and DT in nickel. That's just too light to be an every down D Tackle. Love the size of the Tuszka brothers. Derrek is now 6-5 245 and his brother is 6-3, 255

Felix Dixon up to 166. May be big enough to see the field in obvious passing downs.

At a quick glance I don't see anyone missing... Glad to see Desmond Cain's name on the roster.

god are we really playing a 6ft 191 SS?

natstar1
07-31-2017, 03:27 AM
No idea what they were at before but seems like Chris Board (230) and Stanley Jones (245) both are listed bigger than I recall them being at previously. It also seems like Schoening (297) and Alo (296) might've dropped a bit of weight. I thought both those guys were north of 3 bills before.

It seems the OL across the board is a bit lighter than in previous years. Incoming freshman Nash Jensen has all his teammates by 35+ lbs.
Board 225
Jones 244
Alo 288
Schoening 291

Click the drop down menu for previous years.

HerdBot
07-31-2017, 04:38 AM
god are we really playing a 6ft 191 SS?

Colton Heagle was 5-11, 195 his first 2 years starting and topped out at 206 his senior year . And Grimsley is way better in coverage

Alsen
07-31-2017, 06:33 AM

It appears the Rindy brothers have moved on??

56BISON73
07-31-2017, 07:00 AM

Who??????????

bison_by_blood
07-31-2017, 08:05 AM
Had heard Christian Triplett was no longer playing and I see he isn't on the roster.

Christopher Moen
07-31-2017, 08:47 AM
Who??????????

Unfortunately, I didn't know about them either. Apparently, they were two brothers from West Fargo who made a go of it as walk-ons. I don't know how well they did or why they're not playing anymore, but best of luck to them both in their lives and hopefully, they'll be lifelong Bison fans like the most of us here.

Bennett Rindy: http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6776&path=football

Devan Rindy: http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7224&path=football

tjbison
07-31-2017, 11:15 AM
Didn't Coack K state the same players for spring ball all are still here with now defections?

Professor Chaos
07-31-2017, 11:34 AM
Board 225
Jones 244
Alo 288
Schoening 291

Click the drop down menu for previous years.
Thanks, appears I was wrong about all of them then, haha.

cme2012
07-31-2017, 11:42 AM

As of Saturday night, Devan Rindy was still on the team. Walk on guys are a little different situation in fall camp.

roadwarrior
07-31-2017, 12:46 PM
Some of the walk on players won't be added to the roster until the first day of classes. Blame some NCAA rule.

DM05
07-31-2017, 01:30 PM
Might be remembering wrong, but a few years ago it came up that before classes begin practices are limited to 95 players. Doesn't have to be the same 95 each practice. Can't find a reference to link, so feel free to prove me wrong.

OL size shouldn't be an issue: If you project Radunz/Conner/T Volson/Kuhnert/Johnson they average 6-5, 302. Even if you add in 5 more guys (C Volson, Ziemer, Schoening, Messner, Bacon), we have 10 linemen that average 299.8. Three redshirt freshmen in that group.

Gindorff: 6-6, 249. Add a year of Kramer and is he playing next year at 265?

Just thinking ahead a couple years: have we ever been able to run out receivers/tight ends at 6-6 (Gindorff), 6-6 (Babicz), and 6-5 (Engel)?

HerdBot
07-31-2017, 01:47 PM
Cordell Pimienta is a transfer from Minot State. He's sitting out this year due to transferring up. We originally recruited him out of Florida but we ran out of scholarship money so he went D2 for a year

Bisonator98
07-31-2017, 04:22 PM
How come some don't have ht or wt listed? Are those the ones not in camp yet??

bri-dog
07-31-2017, 05:15 PM

I'm guessing they were busy when they did the measurements, or else gobison just hasn't gotten around to updating.

BTW, I started my yearly roster for our watch parties a couple weeks ago, and all weights listed were from their spring roster. I've now updated it to thee current weights; a ton of guys lost or gained a couple pounds since the spring; I'm guessing that may be normal. The only two I remember varying by more than 5 pounds were defensive ends Justice Kelly and Derrek Tuszka, each of whom lost 8 pounds. I'm guessing they will put it back on if Kramer wants it back on. Especially Kelly, who is only 193 lbs and listed as a DE...

Herd
07-31-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm guessing they were busy when they did the measurements, or else gobison just hasn't gotten around to updating.

BTW, I started my yearly roster for our watch parties a couple weeks ago, and all weights listed were from their spring roster. I've now updated it to thee current weights; a ton of guys lost or gained a couple pounds since the spring; I'm guessing that may be normal. The only two I remember varying by more than 5 pounds were defensive ends Justice Kelly and Derrek Tuszka, each of whom lost 8 pounds. I'm guessing they will put it back on if Kramer wants it back on. Especially Kelly, who is only 193 lbs and listed as a DE...

Justice "Trayvonn" Kelly. Maybe he is a helium guy too, and just can't put on the weight? Derrick's in good shape at 245 likely due to heavy workouts in the summer heat. He'll be back at 250 after a good meal.

Bisonator98
07-31-2017, 05:54 PM
Van Dellan is a big QB. I'm looking forward to seeing him throw it a bit in the MVSU game.

Christopher Moen
07-31-2017, 05:55 PM
Van Dellan is a big QB. I'm looking forward to seeing him throw it a bit in the MVSU game.

As long as Cole Davis gets his reps in first.

Bisonator98
07-31-2017, 06:06 PM
As long as Cole Davis gets his reps in first.

I give Cole credit for sticking it out but wouldn't be shocked if he gets passed over.

tjbison
07-31-2017, 06:28 PM
I give Cole credit for sticking it out but wouldn't be shocked if he gets passed over.

not in his Final year, knows the system too well and worked under one of the best. Im guessing he is good enough to play at many FCS schools

HerdBot
07-31-2017, 06:31 PM
not in his Final year, knows the system too well and worked under one of the best. Im guessing he is good enough to play at many FCS schools

Absolutely. We could actually win with Davis, he's a good QB

Bisonator98
07-31-2017, 06:40 PM
I'm not saying Cole isn't good. Or that he couldn't win games for us or even start for a lot of teams. There is reason Easton is the starter. There was a reason Carson jumped Esley. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised if Cole gets passed, it happens.

Professor Chaos
07-31-2017, 07:50 PM
I'm not saying Cole isn't good. Or that he couldn't win games for us or even start for a lot of teams. There is reason Easton is the starter. There was a reason Carson jumped Esley. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised if Cole gets passed, it happens.
I get where you're coming from. I think Cole is entrenched at #2 on the depth chart but I think in blowouts like the MVSU and RMU games are likely to be it's probably more likely we see Van Dellen get in there during garbage time. The coaches know what they have in Cole and I'm not sure they really need to see him running the offense with the 2s and 3s during garbage time. Cole has hit his ceiling whereas Van Dellen can actually get some quality development in a situation like that.

jcdcubs
07-31-2017, 09:07 PM
NUMBER CHANGES:

Dom Davis – changes from 35 to number 2
Adam Cofield – from 30 to 18
Ross Godfrey – from 13 to 27
Zach Kubas – from 63 to 61
Quinn Alo – from 66 to 97

TateMosersneighbor
08-01-2017, 04:26 PM
We are missing the Lund kid from Minot, I think.

Mr Meaty
08-01-2017, 05:56 PM
We are missing the Lund kid from Minot, I think.

He never came in last year, I believe.

HerdBull
08-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Braeden Lund left the program early last year after injuring his knee.

Bison20
08-01-2017, 08:28 PM
I get where you're coming from. I think Cole is entrenched at #2 on the depth chart but I think in blowouts like the MVSU and RMU games are likely to be it's probably more likely we see Van Dellen get in there during garbage time. The coaches know what they have in Cole and I'm not sure they really need to see him running the offense with the 2s and 3s during garbage time. Cole has hit his ceiling whereas Van Dellen can actually get some quality development in a situation like that.

I agree with you. I think it is more important to get can dellen some reps in live game action. I think Cole could run the offense but feel bad with him being a senior and taking meaningful reps from a freshman that could take over in a couple years. Should be a good qb battle once stick is done. I really think Cole could have started at most other fcs schools but give him credit for sticking it out.

wagsabison
08-01-2017, 08:40 PM
I agree with you. I think it is more important to get can dellen some reps in live game action. I think Cole could run the offense but feel bad with him being a senior and taking meaningful reps from a freshman that could take over in a couple years. Should be a good qb battle once stick is done. I really think Cole could have started at most other fcs schools but give him credit for sticking it out.

Those reps would be minimal at best. I don't think it matters if you put a senior in vs a guy who might take over in a couple years. Cole has earned time in some of the cleanup duty and getting him experience is just as important IMO.

Christopher Moen
08-01-2017, 08:45 PM
I have a hard time believing that getting a third string QB that "might' start in two years is more important than the direct back-up QB, who really hasn't seen any action over his four years as a Bison, getting his reps in during garbage time. If Stick goes down, the better prepared Davis is, the better the team will be.

Kujava23
08-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Those reps would be minimal at best. I don't think it matters if you put a senior in vs a guy who might take over in a couple years. Cole has earned time in some of the cleanup duty and getting him experience is just as important IMO.

Cole Davis has EARNED any reps that are left when Easton Stick is not in the game---unless he is outperformed in practice and gets bumped to #3---he should get ANY and ALL reps in blowouts

Bison"FANatic"
08-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Whoever wins the number 2 job in training camp will get the snaps as they are 1 play away from being the starter

bison_by_blood
08-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Cole Davis has EARNED any reps that are left when Easton Stick is not in the game---unless he is outperformed in practice and gets bumped to #3---he should get ANY and ALL reps in blowouts

So if we are up huge at half, CD plays the 3rd quarter, you think he should play the 4th too instead of HVD? There should be plenty of reps for both, at least in the first game.

TAILG8R
08-01-2017, 10:49 PM
So if we are up huge at half, CD plays the 3rd quarter, you think he should play the 4th too instead of HVD? There should be plenty of reps for both, at least in the first game.

That's a strong assumption to think we would pull Easton to start the third. When has that ever happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
08-01-2017, 11:10 PM

Cole still needs the game reps. Practice just doesnt mirror it. If Stick goes down we need a QB who is game ready.

Tony Almeida
08-01-2017, 11:51 PM
Cole still needs the game reps. Practice just doesnt mirror it. If Stick goes down we need a QB who is game ready.Cole needs the reps in live situations especially with a new offensive coordinator, but then again, this may hurt him too.

bri-dog
08-11-2017, 06:17 PM

For those interested, all heights and weights have now been added...