PDA

View Full Version : NDSU SDSU Football Game official info

Pages : [1] 2 3

THEsocalledfan
07-29-2017, 01:20 PM
Oh, those silly wabbits.....They are stooping to USD level. From the Argus Today. (let me know if you can not see this image)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Ge7xeyylQjKGpAFO1YRR2KvBm62Oc6TxjR0A4dzVO8s_UF-f_oQ9UBAcTHvT7sFibRuepoKF6HugTj7Qppo5NwDFzDQe849rR pq6CKkN4j3xIKnwXkB2A_Kjydq9HbcAZ3v3a3BPu5hKChVi46d WXzkFf_tW_8vWMbvKiK_1Hl63hddxLLzr0j34K_aw3TuKjsS61 h5muyHoFLzvRr0VDILEmRMyqvXTF1mQHQJGcNyjSgFk4NThkWA SPBjHoIhcLMSjHQ2k4927Co-6MfDBY3kElDCXRoz47JhkWPAmHBT9q4djYXEMtzMQehQuZrnVn K5COtg2u34rMGyxboswcZP_3vYEtmj0pbyyGDDw-qVEnyVqcUNeDCNEhWBGNWHPQ5ZJ2JcFE2fPqkLREiApP8NGWOM 4jzFD2QTmxq8hXt8enEn0uxS_x8pZfoED0t8o-R6E6dohWisp7kTD4vymkD10KTH1t29jv3OOGtFGU945pXcpCXF sjsdc09Vl_5aAopkgqFY7YpzrqJkFmmiQzteK_zkXSZqpnQpB0 fhYs8VdrK-txxo3r9HUa0NaZNa8FaoDvCwYkFgIfEqy9XWonOhuPC-Ww_N9adpEfIE8UXLbfi7xbH9DgCAO-g=w818-h562-no

Fast50Dad
07-29-2017, 01:25 PM
No image ^^^

THEsocalledfan
07-29-2017, 01:27 PM
No image ^^^

How about now?

MNLonghorn10
07-29-2017, 01:58 PM
That state sucks at keeping ndsu fans out

Sounds like a fun time sorting out who bought tickets to what game a yr ago

HerdBot
07-29-2017, 06:26 PM
That state sucks at keeping ndsu fans out

Sounds like a fun time sorting out who bought tickets to what game a yr ago

I bet if you use your prior login from 2 years ago it will work just fine. No way their system is that smart. I smell trickery to discourage fans from buying

HerdBot
07-29-2017, 07:08 PM
Weird so I have 3 different accounts I've apparently made over the years when I've bought SDSU tickets. The most recent one from 2 years ago looks different when I login. The other two logins have something in the corner that says "How may points do I have?" I'm thinking the old accounts will get more priority or were marked as Fargo.

Either way I will be logging in from my phone with one account and on my computer for the other...

Mr Meaty
07-30-2017, 01:25 AM
I bought season tickets just to ensure I got tickets to the bison rabbits game. Now I can try and sell the other five games.

Professor Chaos
08-01-2017, 02:05 PM
And the NDSU game doesn't even show up in their list to purchase for single game tickets for me. So I guess they either were able to differentiate accounts that purchased tickets two years ago from them (which I did) from last year or there's some special link they sent out only to those who purchased tickets last year.

EDIT: Now there is a "November 4 Pre-sale" link along with the links to get single game tickets and season tickets but my account isn't authorized so congratulations SDSU on becoming more like USD and freezing out some of your own fans so you can freeze out Bison fans.

Here's the link in case anyone else want's to try: https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=15000&_MODE_=EVENTSELECT&SALE_TKT_EVENT_ID=968720

bruinbison
08-01-2017, 02:17 PM
The SDSU site info

For the Nov. 4 Dakota Marker matchup with North Dakota State, anyone who purchased a football ticket— whether single-game, group, mini-plan or season ticket — during the inaugural season of play at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium in 2016 will be given priority starting Aug. 1 to purchase a limited number of tickets remaining for that contest. To place an order at $47 per ticket, these customers must log in to their account at JackrabbitTickets.com.

Any remaining tickets for the Nov. 4 contest will go on sale to the general public on Sept. 18 at a cost of $55 per ticket.

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2017/7/28/single-game-football-tickets-go-on-sale-aug-1.aspx

Sapper6
08-01-2017, 02:18 PM
And the NDSU game doesn't even show up in their list to purchase for single game tickets for me. So I guess they either were able to differentiate accounts that purchased tickets two years ago from them (which I did) from last year or there's some special link they sent out only to those who purchased tickets last year.

EDIT: Now there is a "November 4 Pre-sale" link along with the links to get single game tickets and season tickets but my account isn't authorized so congratulations SDSU on becoming more like USD and freezing out some of your own fans so you can freeze out Bison fans.

Here's the link in case anyone else want's to try: https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=15000&_MODE_=EVENTSELECT&SALE_TKT_EVENT_ID=968720

I created a new account with my brother's address from just south of brookings, my account is still not authorized to purchase NDSU Tix....

ByeSonBusiness
08-01-2017, 02:21 PM
I bought season tickets just to ensure I got tickets to the bison rabbits game. Now I can try and sell the other five games.

That's what my dad does. Usually comes out about even or close enough that he doesn't mind.

StL Bison Fan
08-01-2017, 02:21 PM
The game is in Nov.
They can't even fill it for playoff games. Will we really have trouble getting tickets?
Maybe they will surprise us. We shall see in sept.

Professor Chaos
08-01-2017, 02:22 PM
I created a new account with my brother's address from just south of brookings, my account is still not authorized to purchase NDSU Tix....
Yeah, apparently only accounts that purchased tickets to an SDSU home game last year are "authorized". I was hoping they wouldn't go through the trouble to differentiate those from accounts that purchased tickets two years ago but I underestimated their obsession to freeze out Bison fans.

The game is in Nov.
They can't even fill it for playoff games. Will we really have trouble getting tickets?
According to a few of their fans on AGS it's almost sold out with just the additional ticket requests from season ticket holders. I guess their fans really want to see what a championship team looks like up close... nice of NDSU to provide that for them.

I have my doubts about any tickets being left by the time 9/18 rolls around.

Mr Meaty
08-01-2017, 02:23 PM

I purchased season tickets down there just last week and it will not let me in either to purchase additional bison game tickets. Fan bases try and get creative but they are just making more work for themselves by pulling the stunts they do. Just sell the tickets and rake in the money. IDIOTS..

wow
08-01-2017, 03:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VHaVXY3.png

Member when Bisonville laughed and laughed at the idea that SDSU could sell out the new stadium without help from Bison fans...

ByeSonBusiness
08-01-2017, 03:19 PM
The game is in Nov.

Not sure there is a single team not named NDSU who actually sells out playoff games. Maybe Montana?

Mr. Burgundy
08-01-2017, 03:57 PM
SDSU is selling this out to say they could. They get mad when Bison fans cheer. They watch other Bison fans not the game. The jealousy is amazing. I am sure they will get mad when a small group of fans say HOME OF THE BISON! Just beat us and be quiet. Stop acting like your coaching staff. NDSU had their worst season in years and lost a good game in the semi finals to the national champs. SDSU got to the quarters for the first time and got boat raced 36 to 10. After scoring on a trick play causing their staff to literally lose their mind, they quit and NDSU scored the next 36. One time visit ever to the quarterfinals.

THEsocalledfan
08-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Yeah, apparently only accounts that purchased tickets to an SDSU home game last year are "authorized". I was hoping they wouldn't go through the trouble to differentiate those from accounts that purchased tickets two years ago but I underestimated their obsession to freeze out Bison fans.

According to a few of their fans on AGS it's almost sold out with just the additional ticket requests from season ticket holders. I guess their fans really want to see what a championship team looks like up close... nice of NDSU to provide that for them.

I have my doubts about any tickets being left by the time 9/18 rolls around.

IMHO, this WILL sell out. However, I don't see that before 9/18; it will sell out that day due to the Bison faithful. Why you ask? I requested and got 10 from a source, and they are 50 yard line seat, row 18. 'nough said if your support is so feeble that those are not season ticket seats.

THEsocalledfan
08-01-2017, 04:00 PM
SDSU is selling this out to say they could. They get mad when Bison fans cheer. They watch other Bison fans not the game. The jealousy is amazing. I am sure they will get mad when a small group of fans say HOME OF THE BISON! Just beat us and be quiet. Stop acting like your coaching staff. NDSU had their worst season in years and lost a good game in the semi finals to the national champs. SDSU got to the quarters for the first time and got boat raced 36 to 10. After scoring on a trick play causing their staff to literally lose their mind, they quit and NDSU scored the next 36. One time visit ever to the quarterfinals.

You forgot where they copied said trick play from, too.

Professor Chaos
08-01-2017, 04:31 PM
If the Bison spent the last 7 years getting owned by another team on the field and on the recruiting trail we'd probably feel the same about that other team.

Christopher Moen
08-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Serious question, is the SDSU fanbase actually big enough to fill their stadium? Most people I know from the state are usually fans of other schools, especially Nebraska.

BadlandsBison
08-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Serious question, is the SDSU fanbase actually big enough to fill their stadium? Most people I know from the state are usually fans of other schools, especially Nebraska.

If Nate Wolters is in the stadium, then yes. Otherwise no, they will never have a sellout without the help of NDSU

Mr Meaty
08-01-2017, 06:16 PM
If Nate Wolters is in the stadium, then yes. Otherwise no, they will never have a sellout without the help of NDSU

They will be surprised how many Bison fans still make it into the game.

THEsocalledfan
08-01-2017, 06:27 PM

they have a thread on this on sdsufans.com They are already coming to the sad realization it will take NDSU fans to sell it out and the rest is all hot air.

Christopher Moen
08-01-2017, 06:49 PM
they have a thread on this on sdsufans.com They are already coming to the sad realization it will take NDSU fans to sell it out and the rest is all hot air.

Selling out isn't that difficult, but "filling the stadium with their fans" will be much more difficult. For example, the Denver Broncos have sold out every one of their home games since 1970. Since I've been attending nearly every home game since 2007, outside the Manning years, I can say that the stadium is usually 85-90% full for most games and has a ton of opposing fans throughout the stands. This has been such a problem that the Broncos are now booting season tickets holders if they are not attending the games themselves and are awarding those seats to the numerous amount of fans on their waiting list.

In regards to SDSU, big donors probably can buy a whole section to themselves just to keep opposing fans out of the stadium.

JSUBison
08-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Selling out isn't that difficult, but "filling the stadium with their fans" will be much more difficult. For example, the Denver Broncos have sold out every one of their home games since 1970. Since I've been attending nearly every home game since 2007, outside the Manning years, I can say that the stadium is usually 85-90% full for most games and has a ton of opposing fans throughout the stands. This has been such a problem that the Broncos are now booting season tickets holders if they are not attending the games themselves and are awarding those seats to the numerous amount of fans on their waiting list.

In regards to SDSU, big donors probably can buy a whole section to themselves just to keep opposing fans out of the stadium.

And the donors with lots of money too.

Christopher Moen
08-01-2017, 08:48 PM
And the donors with lots of money too.

Are you insinuating that I'm calling their big donors fat? Well, maybe I am.

Bison"FANatic"
08-01-2017, 09:13 PM
So how many thousands have we again made SDSU only this time it is coming from their own fanbase. Between the increased price the tickets against us command and the increased number of tickets we are like their golden goose. Hopefully they don't key to many cars this time.

Kujava23
08-01-2017, 09:20 PM
sdsu is selling this out to say they could. They get mad when bison fans cheer. They watch other bison fans not the game. The jealousy is amazing. I am sure they will get mad when a small group of fans say home of the bison! Just beat us and be quiet. Stop acting like your coaching staff. Ndsu had their worst season in years and lost a good game in the semi finals to the national champs. Sdsu got to the quarters for the first time and got boat raced 36 to 10. After scoring on a trick play causing their staff to literally lose their mind, they quit and ndsu scored the next 36. One time visit ever to the quarterfinals.

amen brother!!

56BISON73
08-01-2017, 10:05 PM
I will be deer hunting so I dont have to put up with the jackwagons this year.

MNLonghorn10
08-02-2017, 12:03 AM

I honestly dont remember how the playoff game went. Its pretty easy to get it confused with the other playoff drubbings of SDSU.

MNLonghorn10
08-02-2017, 12:09 AM
Ive been to 2 games in Brookings, '11 and '13. You had no idea it was an SDSU home game. Their fans suck and have no impact on the game. Its comical to "listen" to them from the crickety visitor fans with the only concession being a Papa Johns pizza by the slice food truck. even their tailgate is terrible. absolutely dreadful, dont let the locals here try to tell you otherwise because 90% is a 50 dollar blue/yellow canopy tent from Wal Mart next to their 2003 Silverado. Venturing out of NDSU's prestigious tailgate would be a waste of time.

Most SDSU fans would be saddened to hear that I wont be wasting my time in your crap town on whats to be another freezing miserable day in Brookings. they just got their first Taco Bell in like 2015 and there was a parade in downtown Brookings to celebrate.

StL Bison Fan
08-02-2017, 01:05 AM
They don't have a Target.
That is all.

jrd
08-02-2017, 03:24 AM
Most SDSU fans would be saddened to hear that I wont be wasting my time in your crap town

Suddenly my day just got better.:):):)

MNLonghorn10
08-02-2017, 03:41 AM
Suddenly my day just got better.:):):)
until I show you this terrifying shot from 2013

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/030-1.jpg

56BISON73
08-02-2017, 03:51 AM
until I show you this terrifying shot from 2013

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/030-1.jpg

Are they putting it down for their cheerleaders of cleaning up after them?

bisonmike2
08-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Ive been to 2 games in Brookings, '11 and '13. You had no idea it was an SDSU home game. Their fans suck and have no impact on the game. Its comical to "listen" to them from the crickety visitor fans with the only concession being a Papa Johns pizza by the slice food truck. even their tailgate is terrible. absolutely dreadful, dont let the locals here try to tell you otherwise because 90% is a 50 dollar blue/yellow canopy tent from Wal Mart next to their 2003 Silverado. Venturing out of NDSU's prestigious tailgate would be a waste of time.

Most SDSU fans would be saddened to hear that I wont be wasting my time in your crap town on whats to be another freezing miserable day in Brookings. they just got their first Taco Bell in like 2015 and there was a parade in downtown Brookings to celebrate.

I was down there 2 years ago and the new stadium is better but the overall experience still sucked. I thought their tailgate area could be cool but the fans were just dicks. It felt like everyone went out of their way to talk about how cool their tailgating was in front of us, like they were compensating. It was like they were trying to hard to impress the NDSU fans as if almost to say "see we can do it like you guys" (they can't). Then there were all the dickheads who got into my then 10 year old sons face for wearing a Bison jersey. It was classless.

THEsocalledfan
08-02-2017, 01:07 PM
I agree with Bisonmike2 that the new stadium is a major upgrade, but they just don't quite get it. Examples, that last game, our lot was jacked full 4 hours before they game and only a few in their lots. Then, they do get a good turnout, and they all leave at 1/2 time when Carson lights them up.

MNLonghorn10
08-02-2017, 01:20 PM
I was down there 2 years ago and the new stadium is better but the overall experience still sucked. I thought their tailgate area could be cool but the fans were just dicks. It felt like everyone went out of their way to talk about how cool their tailgating was in front of us, like they were compensating. It was like they were trying to hard to impress the NDSU fans as if almost to say "see we can do it like you guys" (they can't). Then there were all the dickheads who got into my then 10 year old sons face for wearing a Bison jersey. It was classless.

I bet it was thumper picking on your kid. Back in '10 I saw him kick the cane out beneath an old timer Bison fan walking into the game. In 2016 playoff game, he cut in line at the dip n dots station in front of an innocent 8 yr old brother and sister...and made them pay for his.

Bison 4 Life
08-02-2017, 01:27 PM
I agree with Bisonmike2 that the new stadium is a major upgrade, but they just don't quite get it. Examples, that last game, our lot was jacked full 4 hours before they game and only a few in their lots. Then, they do get a good turnout, and they all leave at 1/2 time when Carson lights them up.

If you've been to Carbondale, there is no difference between the two. They think new means best. In fact, the only reason they are so awestruck is because they probably had the worst stadium in the whole conference until Uncle SubPrime doled out the cash for a new one.

I remember years ago when they still had a super shitty scorebard despite Daktronics being founded there. Thought that was pretty amusing.

wow
08-02-2017, 01:54 PM

LOL I can't imagine how awful it must be to deal with a rival fan base who behaves like that. /purple

ByeSonBusiness
08-02-2017, 01:59 PM
If you've been to Carbondale, there is no difference between the two. They think new means best. In fact, the only reason they are so awestruck is because they probably had the worst stadium in the whole conference until Uncle SubPrime doled out the cash for a new one.

I remember years ago when they still had a super shitty scorebard despite Daktronics being founded there. Thought that was pretty amusing.

I won't rip on them for Uncle SubPrime. After all... he's done NDSU/Fargo some favors as well.

THEsocalledfan
08-02-2017, 02:12 PM

Just to clarify, Uncle SubPrime's right hand guy gave the dough, not Uncle SubPrime.

Bison 4 Life
08-02-2017, 02:43 PM
I won't rip on them for Uncle SubPrime. After all... he's done NDSU/Fargo some favors as well.

Laundered through Sanford Health so I don't worry about it as much.

bisonmike2
08-02-2017, 02:47 PM
LOL I can't imagine how awful it must be to deal with a rival fan base who behaves like that. /purple

Good one except, 1 our fans are awesome, not dicks. 2, our tailgating kicks so much ass that we don't have to tell you how much ass it kicks and 3, again, we're cool, not dicks.

runtheoption
08-02-2017, 03:57 PM
I bet it was thumper picking on your kid. Back in '10 I saw him kick the cane out beneath an old timer Bison fan walking into the game. In 2016 playoff game, he cut in line at the dip n dots station in front of an innocent 8 yr old brother and sister...and made them pay for his.

Thumper smeared ketchup all over our tailgating Bison flag, said "Home of the Rabbits" at the beginning of the national anthem, then yelled at our our whole section " Cash me ousside, how 'bout dat?"

Don't worry though, I keyed his car.

Christopher Moen
08-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Thumper smeared ketchup all over our tailgating Bison flag, said "Home of the Rabbits" at the beginning of the national anthem, then yelled at our our whole section " Cash me ousside, how 'bout dat?"

Thumper once tried to attack my car and lost.
http://shutupandtakemymoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/grind-roadkill-toy.jpg

NDSUBowler
08-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Worth repeating, my experience 2 years ago was less than great. Outside of students, people were fine, but as my girlfriend and I walked around, we had one guy get right up in my face for no reason and yell direct in my ear 'F**k the Bison' which left it ringing and also had some beer cans chucked at me.

Bunch of dicks for sure.

THEsocalledfan
08-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Worth repeating, my experience 2 years ago was less than great. Outside of students, people were fine, but as my girlfriend and I walked around, we had one guy get right up in my face for no reason and yell direct in my ear 'F**k the Bison' which left it ringing and also had some beer cans chucked at me.

Bunch of dicks for sure.

I think I've told this story, but lady in front of me flipped me off. Best part, is later her husband and her realized I was a regular, weekly customer of their business. :) My kids now have some pretty cool swag from that business due this. (hats, t-shirts)

bri-dog
08-02-2017, 06:58 PM
I think I've told this story, but lady in front of me flipped me off. Best part, is later her husband and her realized I was a regular, weekly customer of their business. :) My kids now have some pretty cool swag from that business due this. (hats, t-shirts)

Are they allowed to wear them in public?

https://www.tuscl.net/logos/60.png?m=1410494999

LOL -- just kidding... :)

Thumper 76
08-02-2017, 07:12 PM

Thumper once tried to attack my car and lost.
http://shutupandtakemymoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/grind-roadkill-toy.jpg

All exceptionally accurate and well told accounts. Come at me bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
08-02-2017, 07:53 PM
You SDSU clowns are so amusing. If you made us pay rent for living in your heads, you might be able to afford a Target

aces1180
08-02-2017, 09:19 PM
You SDSU clowns are so amusing. If you made us pay rent for living in your heads, you might be able to afford a Target

Right? Even Bemidji has a Target...BEMIDJI!!!!!!!!!

BlueBisonRock
08-02-2017, 09:31 PM

Dude, There are some decent bunny fans. However the rabbit community got a deserved black eye when they hosted the last game. Too many 'hot shots' were strutting around yelling their f the bison 'cheer' while the intentional destruction of Bison tailgate equipment by bunny fans occurred without apology. Please don't state or infer that you are proud of this behavior.

If a business behaved in such a manner, there would be an all out boycott. And yes, although I am poking around for tickets, I will not be bothered if I don't get a couple as I just don't believe the jacks are all the bunny faithful are stating and frankly Scarlet I just don't give a damn.

Christopher Moen
08-02-2017, 10:18 PM
All exceptionally accurate and well told accounts. Come at me bro.

Why? That's like chasing a mosquito.

Thumper 76
08-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Why? That's like chasing a mosquito.

I am of rather small stature, it is true. And I'm shifty in the open field. I'm disappointed that nobody has mentioned how I tipped over the port-a-potty with the old lady in it for taking too long.

MNLonghorn10
08-02-2017, 11:09 PM
I am of rather small stature, it is true. And I'm shifty in the open field. I'm disappointed that nobody has mentioned how I tipped over the port-a-potty with the old lady in it for taking too long.

that was my grandma you jerk

BlueBisonRock
08-02-2017, 11:52 PM

that was my grandma you jerk

Which is why no one has mentioned it. Such a crappy incident.

Bisonator98
08-03-2017, 12:32 AM

Did you ask her why a UND fan was at the game?:rofl:

SDSUAlum08
08-03-2017, 02:47 AM
The game is in Nov.

A donor has already stepped up to buy the few remaining that are left. I doubt anything will be available Sept 18

SDSUAlum08
08-03-2017, 02:49 AM

Salty

SDSUAlum08
08-03-2017, 02:52 AM

Even more salty. This thread is hilarious. You're all acting like a bunch of women.

barnwintersportsengelstad
08-03-2017, 03:07 AM
Even more salty. This thread is hilarious. You're all acting like a bunch of women.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Mr Meaty
08-03-2017, 03:07 AM
A donor has already stepped up to buy the few remaining that are left. I doubt anything will be available Sept 18

So a donor had to buy up the remaining tickets. Bunnies can't even get enough of there own fans to do it. I would not brag about that. Ouch.

SDSUAlum08
08-03-2017, 03:17 AM
So a donor had to buy up the remaining tickets. Bunnies can't even get enough of there own fans to do it. I would not brag about that. Ouch.

I doubt anything will be left, but raise your hand if you don't care because you'll be drinking in club seats. ����*♂️

Seriously, this should be a fun time. Looking forward to it.

Son of a Bison
08-03-2017, 05:49 AM
Seriously, this should be a fun time. Looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

Bison fans say this every December and 5 of the last 6 in January.

Mr Meaty
08-03-2017, 11:04 AM
I doubt anything will be left, but raise your hand if you don't care because you'll be drinking in club seats. ����*♂️

I will be there.

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2017, 12:47 PM

You realize when one person buys a bunch of seats they only have one ass to put in them. Right?

I'm predicting thousands of empty, but paid for seats.

Mr Meaty
08-03-2017, 12:50 PM
You realize when one person buys a bunch of seats they only have one ass to put in them. Right?

I'm predicting thousands of empty, but paid for seats.

Unless their cheerleaders sit in them.

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Unless their cheerleaders sit in them.

They have 4 stomachs but only one ass. Maybe cover 2 seats each but that's about it.

Mr Meaty
08-03-2017, 01:06 PM
They have 4 stomachs but only one ass. Maybe cover 2 seats each but that's about it.

:bunnyb: tru that

MNLonghorn10
08-03-2017, 01:59 PM

I already said I wasnt going, whats the salt for? I think its funny that we have to be Rabbit Den club members who bought tickets to last years Butler game and tickets to any game in 2011 excluding the NDSU game and the Hobo days game vs Southern Illinois. a NoDak resident billing address is a no-no, but a Minn. would work just so you prequalify for the 2017 Hobo Days online ticket sale one week before the NDSU sale on Sept 18th and if you score ticks on Sept 11th, your Rabbit Den ranking then puts you on a list for the 2019 NDSU game and if you are able to go to the game in 2019 by signing a non refundable contract then you will be able to go to the 2017 NDSU game, if tix remain.

THEsocalledfan
08-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Funniest part of this are the continued comments "that it is close to selling out" and that a "big doner has stepped forward to buy the tickets." We heard the same crap from USD fans that last two stupid times they tried to shut us out. Guess what? We are smarter than your USD level silliness.

Plain on simple; if they were going to sell out, it would have happened already. We will handle that for you.

El_Chapo
08-03-2017, 02:15 PM
I already said I wasnt going, whats the salt for? I think its funny that we have to be Rabbit Den club members who bought tickets to last years Butler game and tickets to any game in 2011 excluding the NDSU game and the Hobo days game vs Southern Illinois. a NoDak resident billing address is a no-no, but a Minn. would work just so you prequalify for the 2017 Hobo Days online ticket sale one week before the NDSU sale on Sept 18th and if you score ticks on Sept 11th, your Rabbit Den ranking then puts you on a list for the 2019 NDSU game and if you are able to go to the game in 2019 by signing a non refundable contract then you will be able to go to the 2017 NDSU game, if tix remain.

Can you repeat the Things all about the Stuff?

TransAmBison
08-03-2017, 02:32 PM
I got my tickets...now to get started on some beer labels.

Bison Loaf
08-03-2017, 02:37 PM
I got my tickets...now to get started on some beer labels.

A new naming contest?

Because I really got screwed the last time.

TransAmBison
08-03-2017, 02:47 PM
A new naming contest?

Because I really got screwed the last time.I have an idea brewing...thinking Hobo Days needs to be celebrated more.

El_Chapo
08-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Thank you Kelby Krabbenhaft & Chuck Gulsvig!! Our 20+ tickets are accounted for! Love Sanford Health!

mmiller_34
08-03-2017, 03:22 PM

I labeled each photo SDSU/SIU with arrows so it would be easier to differentiate the two.

SDSU
ll
V

https://www.jedunn.com/sites/default/files/project_images/SDSU%20Dykhouse%20Stadium_E_V_Stands%20copy.jpg

SIU
ll
V

http://www.stadiumbleachers.com/images/portfolio/AF3170F21F1460BD9DCE9DE6.jpg

SDSU
ll
V
http://www.athleticbusiness.com/images/arch_FOM/2017/large/B_1242DanaJDykhouseStadium2_web.jpg

SIU
ll
V
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/southern-illinois-salukis-mcandrews-stadium/salukistadium1.jpg

wow
08-03-2017, 03:29 PM

Do they allow drinking of any kind inside the FFD yet? If not, another advantage SDSU has over NDSU.

Mr. Burgundy
08-03-2017, 03:30 PM
this thread has really become the worlds largest pillow fight.......next thing I know they are going to auction off a pig at halftime. Just crazy marketing ideas for this epic tilt.

Mr. Burgundy
08-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Do they allow drinking of any kind inside the FFD yet? If not, another advantage SDSU has over NDSU.

Please list the advantages. When you are done, I will chime in. It is the same reason we don't care about individual pre season player accolades.....lets talk wins and losses.

bisonmike2
08-03-2017, 03:31 PM
I labeled each photo SDSU/SIU with arrows so it would be easier to differentiate the two.

SDSU
ll
V

https://www.jedunn.com/sites/default/files/project_images/SDSU%20Dykhouse%20Stadium_E_V_Stands%20copy.jpg

SIU
ll
V

http://www.stadiumbleachers.com/images/portfolio/AF3170F21F1460BD9DCE9DE6.jpg

SDSU
ll
V
http://www.athleticbusiness.com/images/arch_FOM/2017/large/B_1242DanaJDykhouseStadium2_web.jpg

SIU
ll
V
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/wp-content/gallery/southern-illinois-salukis-mcandrews-stadium/salukistadium1.jpg

Both are pretty sweet. Where do they hang the championship banners?

mmiller_34
08-03-2017, 03:35 PM

Yeah....

Currently on layaway. :facepalm:

wow
08-03-2017, 03:38 PM

For the sake of comparison, I found some pictures of the Fargo Dome:

https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/0988047f-0d0d-4c93-8506-a6d5b2ad73d9/40444.jpg

http://www.wday.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/field/image/Home_0.jpg?itok=AO7lcgiI

http://www.wday.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_860/public/fieldimages/38/0505/boat-show_1.jpg?itok=BgxoIbfL

Since our beautiful practice facility is also visible in the Dykhouse photos, I wanted to show one of NDSU's IPF. I had a hard time finding one, this is as close as I could get:

http://ravenind.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/raven-efd-oxygen-barrier-silage-cover-1048px-v2.png

870XPRS
08-03-2017, 03:49 PM

I'm assuming on the "Best Back of a Scoreboard in FCS".....:rofl:

MNLonghorn10
08-03-2017, 03:53 PM

https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/0988047f-0d0d-4c93-8506-a6d5b2ad73d9/40444.jpg

http://www.wday.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/field/image/Home_0.jpg?itok=AO7lcgiI

http://www.wday.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_860/public/fieldimages/38/0505/boat-show_1.jpg?itok=BgxoIbfL

Since our beautiful practice facility is also visible in the Dykhouse photos, I wanted to show one of NDSU's IPF. I had a hard time finding one, this is as close as I could get:

http://ravenind.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/raven-efd-oxygen-barrier-silage-cover-1048px-v2.pngOne attracts Bruno Mars, Garth Brooks, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Elton John, Paul McCartney and many other platinum recording artists yearly.

The other attracts Joey Fatone...i mean did he even sing for you or is SDSU not worthy enough?

HerdBot
08-03-2017, 03:54 PM

http://ravenind.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/raven-efd-oxygen-barrier-silage-cover-1048px-v2.png

Hey cmon dude the day your stadium can save a city from imminent flooding and a billion dollars worth of damage...

And at least our practice fields are actually 120 yards. Someday we will have one

Bison Loaf
08-03-2017, 04:05 PM
One attracts Bruno Mars, Garth Brooks, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Elton John, Paul McCartney and many other platinum recording artists yearly.

The other attracts Joey Fatone...i mean did he even sing for you or is SDSU not worthy enough?

Why waste so many keystrokes? :confused::facepalm:

Two words....................Fargo Dome, AC/DC, Feb. 11, 2016.

End of discussion.

MNLonghorn10
08-03-2017, 04:16 PM

End of discussion.You're not mentioning the other time they've played there?

totoinfl
08-03-2017, 04:19 PM
My God, I am so ready for some football...this stuff is driving me crazy....LETS GO BISON

BisonTeacher
08-03-2017, 04:19 PM
another advantage SDSU has over NDSU.

:rofl:

You sound like a f'hawker.

Bison Loaf
08-03-2017, 04:26 PM
You're not mentioning the other time they've played there?

Correction: ...............the other times they've played there.

Would I need to............ to checkmate SDSU's stadium? :smh:

mmiller_34
08-03-2017, 04:39 PM
One attracts Bruno Mars, Garth Brooks, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Elton John, Paul McCartney and many other platinum recording artists yearly.

Honest question. If we're using concerts held at a venue that is city owned and plays host to your school a few times per year, can we claim the concerts held at Sanford Premier Center?

HerdBot
08-03-2017, 04:45 PM

And if you back Rolling Stones, Prince, 50 cent, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Metallica, AC/DC, Green Day, Rob Zombie, Korn, Bon Jovi, Kiss, Aerosmith, Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles, Ozzy, ZZ Top, Fleetwood Mac, Tina Turner, Van Halen, and probably a hundred more many multiple times.

mmiller_34
08-03-2017, 04:47 PM
And if you back Rolling Stones, Prince, 50 cent, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Metallica, AC/DC, Green Day, Rob Zombie, Korn, Bon Jovi, Kiss, Aerosmith, Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles, Ozzy, ZZ Top, Fleetwood Mac, Tina Turner, Van Halen, and probably a hundred more many multiple times.

Honest question. If we're using concerts held at a venue that is city owned and plays host to your school a few times per year, can we claim the concerts held at Sanford Premier Center?

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2017, 04:55 PM

Why not CenturyLink Center or US Bank Field?

God damn. Brookings is little shit town. Own it.

ByeSonBusiness
08-03-2017, 05:01 PM

Who brags about having Korn play in their city? Or about most of those names lol but Korn in particular.

mmiller_34
08-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Why not CenturyLink Center or US Bank Field?

God damn. Brookings is little shit town. Own it.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/wa58bcaf18.gif

Bison"FANatic"
08-03-2017, 05:07 PM

End of discussion.

Hey now don't forget SDSU did have a pillow fight. I heard it was epic!!!!!

MNLonghorn10
08-03-2017, 05:22 PM

sure go for it, that didnt stop "wow" for shitting on the Dome because it was sandbag central during a 100 yr flood when it had nothing to do with NDSU

Professor Chaos
08-03-2017, 05:31 PM
If the mayor of Brookings dies the week before the game this year will NDSU run out onto the field during the moment of silence for him. Or is that only an "advantage" for the Jacks?

HerdBot
08-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Who brags about having Korn play in their city? Or about most of those names lol but Korn in particular.

Korn is one of most influential bands in the last 20 years. I'm not a fan of all the bands on that list but combined they sold like a billion records

HerdBot
08-03-2017, 05:42 PM

Hardly any NFL, NFL, NBA, or MLB teams own their stadiums. And is the Denny Sanford Premier Center in Brookings?

Bison Loaf
08-03-2017, 06:10 PM

I now strangely find myself quite interested in just who YOU would brag about playing in your city. But then again, it doesn't take much to entertain me today.

Or would that just push this thread too far over the brink of nonsensical irresponsibility? :biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Hardly any NFL, NFL, NBA, or MLB teams own their stadiums. And is the Denny Sanford Premier Center in Brookings?

Nothing is in Brookings

BisonTeacher
08-03-2017, 06:19 PM
I now strangely find myself quite interested in just who YOU would brag about playing in your city. But then again, it doesn't take much to entertain me today.

Or would that just push this thread too far over the brink of nonsensical irresponsibility? :biggrin:

Notre Dame marching band

SDSUAlum08
08-03-2017, 06:30 PM

It's complicated, but this is 100% correct

ByeSonBusiness
08-03-2017, 06:41 PM

Probably no one. I don't care who they get to come to Fargo. I have never been to a concert in the dome anyway.

Billy Joel is lit though. Hope i was able to bring you joy!

Notre Dame marching band

They were very good. But I wouldn't go watch if they were playing in Fargo for free.

HerdBot
08-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Nothing is in Brookings

Taco Johns baby!

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Taco Johns baby!

I'm being harsh. Of course, it's a perfect place to piss on the way to SF or Omaha.

Christopher Moen
08-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Correction: ...............the other times they've played there.

I know of at least one other time, April 29th, 2001 as that was my 25th birthday.

Apparently, they also played at the FargoDome in 2009.

EndZoneQB
08-03-2017, 07:09 PM
Can we talk for a minute how NDSU has completely changed FCS football?

wow
08-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Taco Johns baby!

Taco Bell too!

Mr Meaty
08-03-2017, 07:25 PM

It will take more than a minute.

But YES NDSU has. Once we got over the UNI hump we kept going. Other teams are changing how they do things to compete against us.

BisonTeacher
08-03-2017, 07:55 PM
How about fill your "new" stadium with your own fans...then worry about it who buys the rest of the tickets. So much dumb.

HerdBot
08-03-2017, 08:17 PM

3.year Frisco packs. Teams stooping to low levels to keep fans out. Charging dramatically more for our game. Running out of beer at events. Other teams rushing the field after beating us. I think once we even had some really odd issues with hotels and fire alarms going off multiple years in a row in the middle of the night. In the words of Ron Burgundy, we're kind of a big deal.

Bison_Pyro
08-03-2017, 08:23 PM

I wonder if this is the same donor that myself and 17 other NDSU fans are getting our tickets from...

Christopher Moen
08-03-2017, 09:05 PM
How about fill your "new" stadium with your own fans...then worry about it who buys the rest of the tickets. So much dumb.

Precisely why I asked early about SDSU fans having the ability to "fill" their stadium and not their ability "sell-out" the place.

I honestly do not think they have 19,000 SDSU football fans to begin with.

Bison 4 Life
08-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Precisely why I asked early about SDSU fans having the ability to "fill" their stadium and not their ability "sell-out" the place.

Like I said, if they buy 17000 tickets there will be 7000 empty seats. Especially in November.

NDSUSR
08-03-2017, 11:54 PM

Played a game of pool at the northern with rob zombie, sheri moon and justin timberlake.
True story. Who would have guessed a weirder table.

Professor Chaos
08-04-2017, 02:12 AM
Played a game of pool at the northern with rob zombie, sheri moon and justin timberlake.
There's pool tables at the Northern?

http://craziestgadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/the_more_you_know-500x329.jpg

HerdBot
08-04-2017, 02:29 AM

Sounds like the start of a joke.

Rob Zombie, Justin Timberlake, and Sheri Moon were all playing pool at The Northern. :rofl:

HerdBot
08-04-2017, 02:31 AM
There's pool tables at the Northern?

http://craziestgadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/the_more_you_know-500x329.jpg

I think the Basement Bar does

Tony Almeida
08-04-2017, 04:37 AM
True story. Who would have guessed a weirder table.I don't care who you are, this is a pretty friggin cool story if it's true.

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2017, 01:19 PM
There aren't any strip clubs that I now of in Brookings, unless you count the exhibitionist girls who lived in Bailey Hall the semester I lived in Berg, they were not shy flashing the boobies to the whole courtyard every night.

aces1180
08-04-2017, 01:41 PM
There aren't any strip clubs that I now of in Brookings, unless you count the exhibitionist girls who lived in Bailey Hall the semester I lived in Berg, they were not shy flashing the udders to the whole courtyard every night.

I fixed your post...It is SDSU afterall.

ByeSonBusiness
08-04-2017, 01:46 PM
I fixed your post...It is SDSU afterall.

Oh dear... one ag school hitting the other ag school with ag smack. What is the world coming to?

aces1180
08-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Oh dear... one ag school hitting the other ag school with ag smack. What is the world coming to?

The difference is NDSU's women look like women. SDSU's women look like...

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2017, 06:41 PM
The difference is NDSU's women look like women. SDSU's women look like...

Deeper talent pool. Big metropolitan area will do that.

wow
08-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Deeper talent pool. Big metropolitan area will do that.

BIG metropolitan area? TIL Sioux Falls is a big metropolitan area. Is Brookings a small metropolitan area? Hahahahahahaha

Bison 4 Life
08-04-2017, 07:47 PM
BIG metropolitan area? TIL Sioux Falls is a big metropolitan area. Is Brookings a small metropolitan area? Hahahahahahaha

As I said earlier, Brookings is a little shit town. SDSU is NOT in Sioux Falls. Quit trying to claim Sioux Falls. Watertown is closer than Sioux Falls

Thumper 76
08-05-2017, 07:46 AM
Please tell me you're legitimately putting NDSU on par with NFL teams. And btw, most "big time" FBS teams own their stadiums. And I was under the impression that NDSU was super big time and really too good to even be bothered with going to a town like Brookings.....

Read this. And then read it again. And then tell me if it makes any sense at all. The first part of the sentence is impossible to accomplish without knowing wtf is buying the tickets, which directly contradicts your second point. At least your last sentence describes the entire post.

Wut...

As I said earlier, Brookings is a little shit town. SDSU is NOT in Sioux Falls. Quit trying to claim Sioux Falls. Watertown is closer than Sioux Falls

You're one of the ones worried about the lack of a Target correct? Are you between the ages of 18-22, need your Starbucks every morning or O-M-G, wear yoga pants everywhere, and have a vagina? Cause those are the only people I know with an obsession with Target.

BisonTeacher
08-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Read this. And then read it again. And then tell me if it makes any sense at all. The first part of the sentence is impossible to accomplish without knowing wtf is buying the tickets, which directly contradicts your second point. At least your last sentence describes the entire post.

Exactly. I think you might be starting to get it but I'll explain it just in case. If you could fill the stadium with sdsu fans....you wouldn't have to worry about who bought the rest of the tickets cuz there wouldn't be any.

SDbison
08-05-2017, 01:28 PM
But see...if you could fill the stadium with sdsu fans....you wouldn't have to worry about who bought the rest of the tickets cuz there wouldn't be any. Did I say it slow enough for ya? So if the Bison fans get shut out due to Bunny boosters buying all the tickets there will definitely be a bunch of empty areas in the stands along with a bunch of fans who were given tickets and don't care who wins. But at least those pesky Bison fans won't be there. LOL at SDSU for building a stadium they can't fill with their own fans.

DM05
08-05-2017, 02:17 PM
So if the Bison fans get shut out due to Bunny boosters buying all the tickets there will definitely be a bunch of empty areas in the stands along with a bunch of fans who were given tickets and don't care who wins. But at least those pesky Bison fans won't be there. LOL at SDSU for building a stadium they can't fill with their own fans.

Agreed. 60-80% capacity crowds 11 out of 12 games every two years, IF the team is decent....First home playoff game as a seeded team in program history last year: 6,154 attendance. Three seats for everyone!!!

89MTBISON
08-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Agreed. 60-80% capacity crowds 11 out of 12 games every two years, IF the team is decent....First home playoff game as a seeded team in program history last year: 6,154 attendance. Three seats for everyone!!!

This was so good just wanted it double posted.

HerdBot
08-05-2017, 03:27 PM

Please tell me you're legitimately putting NDSU on par with NFL teams. And btw, most "big time" FBS teams own their stadiums. And I was under the impression that NDSU was super big time and really too good to even be bothered with going to a town

No I'm not comparing us to professional teams but the reality is most pro teams have the city or state pay for their stadiums and you never hear fans discredit them because of it.

Reality is we are probably the only team in the country that has a city owned stadium on a college campus. Believe me if college teams could get a city/state/NFL team to build a new stadium in their campus you would see it happen all the time Heck you think the Gophers would have killed to have US Bank Stadium on Campus? Unfortunately politics, tax base, developers and property owners have a huge influence on the location.

I think only 8 teams share stadiums with NFL teams and none are on campus and don't draw well for that reason. I think the Raiders will share with Nevada.

The dome is a great deal for everyone and has changed the face of entertainment in Fargo and helped make NDSU a power. Because of the dome we generate a ton of revenue and built a dome stadium we never could have afforded to build on our own.

Heck the dome is a rare stadium that actually operates in the black. I'll take that 100 times out of 100. I would never trade it for an average 100 million 30k seat NDSU owned outdoor stadium that would be half empty in the frozen winter months and kill the most unique and electric atmosphere in football

Thumper 76
08-05-2017, 06:32 PM
So if the Bison fans get shut out due to Bunny boosters buying all the tickets there will definitely be a bunch of empty areas in the stands along with a bunch of fans who were given tickets and don't care who wins. But at least those pesky Bison fans won't be there. LOL at SDSU for building a stadium they can't fill with their own fans.

Keep on moving the goalposts for your smack I guess. First it was SDSU can't sell it out, now it's well they won't have anyone there, next it'll be well they weren't that loud, and on and on and on....

DM05
08-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Keep on moving the goalposts for your smack I guess. First it was SDSU can't sell it out, now it's well they won't have anyone there, next it'll be well they weren't that loud, and on and on and on....

No need to move goalposts, we can stop at the fact that SDSU hasn't had 100% capacity at a football game not involving NDSU even once in the last 4 years. Actually only been within 1000 of capacity in 2 of those 20 regular season games...

56BISON73
08-05-2017, 07:40 PM

I know somebody who called the ticket office and talked to the tix mgr. Was told when the general public tix would be available for sale. Was also told there wouldnt be many available due to increased SDSU fan interest. Doesnt make any difference how many show up. Fact it they are sold and the money is in the bank at that juncture.

MNLonghorn10
08-05-2017, 09:11 PM
You're one of the ones worried about the lack of a Target correct? Are you between the ages of 18-22, need your Starbucks every morning or O-M-G, wear yoga pants everywhere, and have a vagina? Cause those are the only people I know with an obsession with Target.

to be fair...target is way better than wal mart

ByeSonBusiness
08-05-2017, 09:20 PM

How often was the dome full in the first 15 years it was open? Every over year for the UND game? A couple times during the Walker years maybe?

Not sure if SDSU will fill the thing up consistently, but it looks like a nice place to catch a game. Good for them. As for that playoff game, weather didn't look great.

EC8CH
08-05-2017, 10:05 PM
As for that playoff game, weather didn't look great.

Neither does Brookings. Should have built a dome would have fixed both problems.

SDSU cheerleaders require a different solution however.

HerdBot
08-05-2017, 10:20 PM
How often was the dome full in the first 15 years it was open? Every over year for the UND game? A couple times during the Walker years maybe?

Not sure if SDSU will fill the thing up consistently, but it looks like a nice place to catch a game. Good for them. As for that playoff game, weather didn't look great.

We were a Division 2 team then. SDSU can't measure their success compared to our D2 attendance nearly 2 decades ago.

I mean Crookston, Augustana, Mankato, and Moorhead State twice didn't exactly capture the imagination of fans.

Since the end of the 2006 season it's been pretty much packed. That's a decade worth of atrendance with no UND game

And the years before that we were playoff ineligible in a crap conference and played crappy teams like Valpo and Montana Tech

Thumper 76
08-06-2017, 06:34 PM
No need to move goalposts, we can stop at the fact that SDSU hasn't had 100% capacity at a football game not involving NDSU even once in the last 4 years. Actually only been within 1000 of capacity in 2 of those 20 regular season games...
This all wildly incorrect, but hell, you do you buddy. SDSU has grown its average attendance in the regular season by 10,000 fans compared to ten years ago. And CAS had a smaller capacity than the average attendance as far as actual seats go before the new side of the DJD was built. The only reason the record numbers for CAS was so high is because they wouldn't ever stop selling tickets and would just keep pushing people into SRO.

I know somebody who called the ticket office and talked to the tix mgr. Was told when the general public tix would be available for sale. Was also told there wouldnt be many available due to increased SDSU fan interest. Doesnt make any difference how many show up. Fact it they are sold and the money is in the bank at that juncture.
I'll be pretty pissed off if it sells out and is empty. Like really pissed. Not much I can do about it though. As long as the Jacks don't choke against a team they shouldn't before the game I'll expect it to be full. Really whether or not the ticket strategy is Busch league or not is dependent on whether or not the butts make it to the seats.

to be fair...target is way better than wal mart
To be honest I have no preference between them. Both of them have types of people in them that irritate the hell out of me. I just have never understood some people's fascination with Brookings lack of one as if Target is the height of civilization. I mean, the "big metropolis" of Fargo has one. And a whopping two if you add Moorhead. lol

We were a Division 2 team then. SDSU can't measure their success compared to our D2 attendance nearly 2 decades ago.

I mean Crookston, Augustana, Mankato, and Moorhead State twice didn't exactly capture the imagination of fans.

Since the end of the 2006 season it's been pretty much packed. That's a decade worth of atrendance with no UND game

And the years before that we were playoff ineligible in a crap conference and played crappy teams like Valpo and Montana Tech
You and I both know the reason that NDSU started to sell out wasn't because of the move to FCS. It was because your program started to really take off. The side by side comparison between SDSU now and NDSU when the Fargodome was built is a pretty solid way to compare whether you want to use faulty logic or not. Will SDSU ever grow to what NDSU has? Maybe. It'll be tougher to do though due to being close to Nebraska instead of the Goofs and with our field being outdoors. But denying that SDSU has been growing it's fanbase at an exponential rate is just being dumb.

DM05
08-06-2017, 07:02 PM
This all wildly incorrect, but hell, you do you buddy. SDSU has grown its average attendance in the regular season by 10,000 fans compared to ten years ago. And CAS had a smaller capacity than the average attendance as far as actual seats go before the new side of the DJD was built. The only reason the record numbers for CAS was so high is because they wouldn't ever stop selling tickets and would just keep pushing people into SRO.

Actually, it is wildly accurate; every bit of it was taken off the SDSU stats website and published stadium capacity:

CAS capacity 2013-2014: 15000
2013 home game attendance: 9729, 13456, 11250, 7912, 5317 (NDSU game: 16498)
2014 home game attendance: 12219, 13731, 11348, 14480 (YSU), 3204, 10631

CAS capacity 2015: 16700 (half of addition completed)
2015 home game attendance: 13423, 12153, 9347, 16042 (UNI), 9081 (NDSU game: 17348)

DJD capacity 2016: 19340
2016 home game attendance: 15171, 16887, 14155, 17730, 10826, 15345, 6154 (playoff game)

Like I said, not once were you at stadium capacity in a game not involving NDSU, and the only 2 games in that stretch where published attendance was within 1,000 of capacity was the 2014 YSU game and the 2015 UNI game. Both games involving NDSU were the only games that reached capacity. If this is so wildly inaccurate, please contact your athletic department and have them fix the statistics on the website.

I never said anything about growth in attendance over the last ten years. I certainly hope you have grown attendance as these last four years have seen your best teams in program history, by far.

DM05
08-06-2017, 07:29 PM

Even though this is something you could easily look up: dome capacity is reported as 19,000. Only games to reach that mark in the first 15 years were UND in 1998, 2000, and 2002, SDSU in 2006, and UC Davis in 2007. Good call on the UND and Walker years...

Not sure comparing NDSU D2/early D1 years with a wide range of team quality to the recent SDSU numbers is appropriate.

We actually don't reach full capacity that often, maybe because of the low number of standing room only? Only other times we hit 19,000 were YSU in 2012, Missouri State in 2013, Incarnate Word and SIU in 2014, and UND in 2015. Been pretty consistent lately though: only twice since 2011 have we had less than 18K (Lafayette and JMU in 2011, both over 17K).

wow
08-07-2017, 08:36 PM

LOL, you were the one who claimed Fargo was a BIG metropolitan area... which lead me to understand you must also believe Sioux Falls is a BIG metropolitan area. Must have hit a nerve since you went into a completely unrelated rant.

BTW, Brookings is larger than Watertown. Not sure why you brought a smaller city into the discussion.

MNLonghorn10
08-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Look at this bitchin view.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/Brookings_SD_3.jpg/1920px-Brookings_SD_3.jpg

sadly its better than Moorheads DT.

jrd
08-07-2017, 11:22 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/Brookings_SD_3.jpg/1920px-Brookings_SD_3.jpg

How is that picture any different from this one. You guys act like downtown Fargo is the greateast thing ever,
I don't get it, looks pretty ordinary to me. 7811

ZHerd
08-07-2017, 11:27 PM

Moorhead is ghetto

Son of a Bison
08-07-2017, 11:35 PM
Can someone post a pic of downtown Fargo when ESPN Game Day here? Don't care which year. Either one trumps Brookings or SF Game Day visits.

Christopher Moen
08-07-2017, 11:50 PM
Can someone post a pic of downtown Fargo when ESPN Game Day here? Don't care which year. Either one trumps Brookings or SF Game Day visits.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fb/5f/49/fb5f49973491865859f3a891edc6b499.jpg
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/field/image/091414.N.FF_12168752.JPG?itok=8KmCNSPJ
http://www.jamestownsun.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/field/image/xx%20teaser%20GameDay.jpg?itok=DaJJcPGT
http://www.espnfrontrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/212401scr_8514222a622ff18.jpg
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/ESPN_College_GameDay_NDSU_Bison_Fargo.jpg

EC8CH
08-08-2017, 12:03 AM
Anybody got any hobo day parade pictures through downtown Brookings for comparison?

jrd
08-08-2017, 12:07 AM
Another one of my favorites7812

Christopher Moen
08-08-2017, 12:33 AM
Seriously guys! Why are we comparing downtowns? The most important pissing contest is crowd size, especially when hosting an important playoff game.

Look at all the Jackrabbits in blue disguised as bleachers.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/capjournal.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/fc/3fc76de2-bab0-11e6-9f33-dbb3542956ee/584502c27c083.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/sdsucollegian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/4f/24f89c58-b9bf-11e6-b6e3-6fcb92b2b865/58436e312775b.image.jpg?resize=507%2C760
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/sdsucollegian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/66/2662b11e-b9bf-11e6-8032-779acabaefd8/58436e3382daf.image.jpg?resize=760%2C507

Don't worry silly rabbits, somehow, someway, The Herd will find a way to make its presence known and your stadium a bit less "spacious."

https://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/football/college/img24156442.jpg

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2017, 05:05 AM
How is that picture any different from this one. You guys act like downtown Fargo is the greateast thing ever,
I don't get it, looks pretty ordinary to me. 7811

Pretty sure only jack fans-wow, thumper, you- are the only ones who say people on Bville think Fargo is the greatest Metro ever.

we just know its better than shithole Brookings. Why do you think Thumper moved here?

Its probably the best city to live in between Minneapolis and Seattle. SF is up there too. we just laugh when you try claim SF as part of Brookings/SDSU.

Thumper 76
08-08-2017, 06:17 AM
Pretty sure only jack fans-wow, thumper, you- are the only ones who say people on Bville think Fargo is the greatest Metro ever.

we just know its better than shithole Brookings. Why do you think Thumper moved here?

Its probably the best city to live in between Minneapolis and Seattle. SF is up there too. we just laugh when you try claim SF as part of Brookings/SDSU.

The reasons I've moved to Fargo have zero to do with liking Fargo better than Brookings. Personally I'm not a big city guy. I would rather live in Brookings. Second best would be Sioux Falls. That's just me. It's what I like. Since this has somehow come up semi regularly, I might as well put down why I'm in Fargo. My wife got transferred by the Army and I happened to have a business opportunity that applied to several towns, and since she was transferred it made the most sense to go to Fargo over the other options. The move was good for us for several personal reasons as well, but that didn't have anything to do with Sioux Falls, Brookings, or Fargo. The business opportunity didn't end up panning out, and with the profession I'm going back to school for it isn't likely I will be able to have a job in a town like Brookings unfortunately.

The one thing that Fargo has over Sioux Falls or even Brookings is FCS football related opportunities. Because it's only two hours to Brookings I can go to games pretty easily (I drive to Sioux Falls three to four times a month, Brookings is easy) and when they have an away game and NDSU has a home game I'll just run down and cruise through the tailgate lots as some of you know (much to the dismay of some one sure :D). So it's pretty unique that way.

Outside of the NDSU folks who are from the cities, I'm fairly certain most would really enjoy a town like Brookings. Sioux Falls is a super easy trip, Brookings has everything you need, a livelier downtown than Fargo tbh, and you don't need to be in a bigger city.

As far as best city between Fargo and Sioux Falls, having lived in both its Sioux Falls for sure. There's plenty of reasons why but I'm not that bored. And the reason we make fun of bisonvillers and how they talk about Fargo is because you do build it up like it's this super wonderful metropolitan area, when it isn't. Hell its easier in Brookings to find an open drive through after midnight most of the year than it is in Fargo. Fargo is nice, I don't mind it, there's a lot to like, but there's nothing plenty to not like as well.

Oh well, there's my TL:DR way too serious post for the month.

Thumper 76
08-08-2017, 06:46 AM
Actually, it is wildly accurate; every bit of it was taken off the SDSU stats website and published stadium capacity:

CAS capacity 2013-2014: 15000
2013 home game attendance: 9729, 13456, 11250, 7912, 5317 (NDSU game: 16498)
2014 home game attendance: 12219, 13731, 11348, 14480 (YSU), 3204, 10631

CAS capacity 2015: 16700 (half of addition completed)
2015 home game attendance: 13423, 12153, 9347, 16042 (UNI), 9081 (NDSU game: 17348)

DJD capacity 2016: 19340
2016 home game attendance: 15171, 16887, 14155, 17730, 10826, 15345, 6154 (playoff game)

Like I said, not once were you at stadium capacity in a game not involving NDSU, and the only 2 games in that stretch where published attendance was within 1,000 of capacity was the 2014 YSU game and the 2015 UNI game. Both games involving NDSU were the only games that reached capacity. If this is so wildly inaccurate, please contact your athletic department and have them fix the statistics on the website.

I never said anything about growth in attendance over the last ten years. I certainly hope you have grown attendance as these last four years have seen your best teams in program history, by far.

Anyone who was ever at CAS knows that there was no way there was 15,000 seats in 13-14. Sure, if you include the huge amount of SRO. And go ahead and brush off the fact that SDSU had a regular season average of attendance of 15,000, which is roughly 10,000 larger than it was in 2006. How silly of them to build a stadium larger than what they currently expect to be attending, allowing room for growth. I know, I know, all NDSU fans on here are super pumped that it's extraordinarily expensive to try to expand the dome and wasn't built big enough for the current demand. I would definitely want to pretend that the attendance for SDSU has stagnated if I were you as well. And ZOMG, color me absolutely SHOCKED that the home games against a rival only 2 hrs away has much higher attendance than a normal home game. Especially with what the average attendance was at the time. Hell, the YSU game last year had more than the NDSU game the year prior.

And I would bet that the 2014 season had a higher average attendance than actual seats in the stadium at the time, which coupled with how terrible SRO was to see most of the game was, was a serious detriment to people showing up to games. Also it has had the side effect of making the current mentality of the SDSU fanbase as assuming they can walk up and always get a ticket, since CAS would never stop selling tickets.

And yes, our playoff attendance sucks. I don't like that it sucks. But for pretty much every FCS fanbase out there (for those of you completely out of touch with the rest of the world) their attendance in the playoffs sucks. Even Montana has a drop off in its attendance during the playoffs. It is what it is.

Bisonfanatical
08-08-2017, 10:57 AM
I fixed your post...It is SDSU afterall.^^^^ Now THIS is funny

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bisonfanatical
08-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Crap .... it dropped the part about the udders!

Bisonfanatical
08-08-2017, 11:02 AM
?

Bison 4 Life
08-08-2017, 11:20 AM
so wait. did it sell out yet?

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2017, 12:59 PM
The reasons I've moved to Fargo have zero to do with liking Fargo better than Brookings. Personally I'm not a big city guy. I would rather live in Brookings. Second best would be Sioux Falls. That's just me. It's what I like. Since this has somehow come up semi regularly, I might as well put down why I'm in Fargo. My wife got transferred by the Army and I happened to have a business opportunity that applied to several towns, and since she was transferred it made the most sense to go to Fargo over the other options. The move was good for us for several personal reasons as well, but that didn't have anything to do with Sioux Falls, Brookings, or Fargo. The business opportunity didn't end up panning out, and with the profession I'm going back to school for it isn't likely I will be able to have a job in a town like Brookings unfortunately.

The one thing that Fargo has over Sioux Falls or even Brookings is FCS football related opportunities. Because it's only two hours to Brookings I can go to games pretty easily (I drive to Sioux Falls three to four times a month, Brookings is easy) and when they have an away game and NDSU has a home game I'll just run down and cruise through the tailgate lots as some of you know (much to the dismay of some one sure :D). So it's pretty unique that way.

Outside of the NDSU folks who are from the cities, I'm fairly certain most would really enjoy a town like Brookings. Sioux Falls is a super easy trip, Brookings has everything you need, a livelier downtown than Fargo tbh, and you don't need to be in a bigger city.

As far as best city between Fargo and Sioux Falls, having lived in both its Sioux Falls for sure. There's plenty of reasons why but I'm not that bored. And the reason we make fun of bisonvillers and how they talk about Fargo is because you do build it up like it's this super wonderful metropolitan area, when it isn't. Hell its easier in Brookings to find an open drive through after midnight most of the year than it is in Fargo. Fargo is nice, I don't mind it, there's a lot to like, but there's nothing plenty to not like as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCliff notes?

THEsocalledfan
08-08-2017, 01:13 PM

Well said, Thumper. Speaking as a Bison fan who has lived in both Fargo and Sioux Falls, and grew up in ND, Sioux Falls is a better place to live. If only NDSU was here, my life may be perfect.

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Well said, Thumper. Speaking as a Bison fan who has lived in both Fargo and Sioux Falls, and grew up in ND, Sioux Falls is a better place to live. If only NDSU was here, may life may be perfect.
Sioux falls better than fargo? No.

Tea? You have an argument

runtheoption
08-08-2017, 02:18 PM

Cliff notes?

Army training, sir!

And then something about loving the proximity to UND.

EndZoneQB
08-08-2017, 02:52 PM

1. Brookings downtown is not more lively than Fargo, sorry. See also; more places to hang out than downtown or Applebee's.
2. It's easier to find a drive thru open after midnight? You must be looking in the wrong places...or Fargo has a ton more opportunity so places have to close early when they can't get overnight fast food workers. LOL@"Most of the year"
3. The worst part about Fargo? The people. There, I said it. North Dakota nice my ass...more like North Dakota/Minnesota CRAZY. Obviously, it's not everyone, but my god sometimes it feels like this place is removed from reality. Now, think about how we feel about Grand Forks. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

ByeSonBusiness
08-08-2017, 02:55 PM
1. Brookings downtown is not more lively than Fargo, sorry. See also; more places to hang out than downtown or Applebee's.
2. It's easier to find a drive thru open after midnight? You must be looking in the wrong places...or Fargo has a ton more opportunity so places have to close early when they can't get overnight fast food workers. LOL@"Most of the year"
3. The worst part about Fargo? The people. There, I said it. North Dakota nice my ass...more like North Dakota/Minnesota CRAZY. Obviously, it's not everyone, but my god sometimes it feels like this place is removed from reality. Now, think about how we feel about Grand Forks. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

North Dakotans kicks ass. Fargoans suck. Least favorite place I've lived by far.

Sioux Falls probably sucks too.

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2017, 03:17 PM
North Dakotans kicks ass. Fargoans suck. Least favorite place I've lived by far.

Sioux Falls probably sucks too.Because we're better than you and you know it

BisonTeacher
08-08-2017, 03:28 PM
https://www.nbc.com/sites/nbcunbc/files/files/images/2015/4/25/150423_2861312_Discriminating_Gentlemen.jpg

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/74/7434402b4b7c9b157a9b7fe43be1dfd268c6ea4f720eda14ed 37eef7ab993efc.jpg

HerdBot
08-08-2017, 03:29 PM

Downtown Fargo probably has half as many microbreweries as Brooking has total bars.

ByeSonBusiness
08-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Because we're better than you and you know it

You are a Fargoan?

wow
08-08-2017, 03:59 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fb/5f/49/fb5f49973491865859f3a891edc6b499.jpg
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/field/image/091414.N.FF_12168752.JPG?itok=8KmCNSPJ
http://www.jamestownsun.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_620/public/field/image/xx%20teaser%20GameDay.jpg?itok=DaJJcPGT
http://www.espnfrontrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/212401scr_8514222a622ff18.jpg
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/ESPN_College_GameDay_NDSU_Bison_Fargo.jpg

Looks like there might have been about 1000 people there.

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2017, 04:13 PM
You are a Fargoan?Well technically.

Bison bison
08-08-2017, 04:27 PM
Hell its easier in Brookings to find an open drive through after midnight most of the year than it is in Fargo.

Wow. That's your measure of livability.

Christopher Moen
08-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Looks like there might have been about 10,000 people there.

Fixed your post for accuracy.

ByeSonBusiness
08-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Well technically.

Gross. Moorhead sucks too.

Christopher Moen
08-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Gross. Moorhead sucks too.

http://memeguy.com/photos/thumbs/mrw-i-skip-class-to-watch-a-soccer-game-but-then-i-find-out-the-game-isnt-on-till-later-97850.gif

What! How is that's a bad thing?

Anyone see Izzy?

GOB1SON
08-08-2017, 06:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ge70c89330

aces1180
08-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Maybe it's just your shitty personality?

99.9% of the people who live in Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo have been good to me.

56BISON73
08-08-2017, 06:19 PM

My bet is Fargo didnt like you either. I will make another bet that you and GF got along just fine.

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Gross. Moorhead sucks too.Gross? I said I was technically a fargoan because i was born in fargo, lulz. Moorhead has it leadership flaws. But no fargo/wf traffic...can be anywhere I want to be in 10 min, it's in Minnesota, new schools, more of a community feel than city, tax abatements, don't have a 4.5 hr drive to the cities like grand forks, don't have you living here. So there's some pluses just to name a few

Thumper 76
08-08-2017, 06:34 PM
1) Have you lived in both places? Going to guess no, so maybe your insight isn't that great. I've been stunned at how incredibly dead DT Fargo is a lot of nights I've gone down. Anything before Friday is completely dead a lot of the time.

2) So basically your retort is "I don't really know but I'll take a couple guesses at it". Hey whatever's clever man. I say most of the year since hours for businesses change when college is in session, which is most of the year. I wasn't typing that to be dishonest, that is what it is.

Downtown Fargo probably has half as many microbreweries as Brooking has total bars.
Great. Love downtowns that don't have anyone there for 75% of the nights. What fun. I'll take less bars and more people activity any day.

Wow. That's your measure of livability.

That's what you took from that eh? Solid work. It's just fairly astonishing to me that an area with at least 10x the people can't manage to have a couple places open past midnight/1am. When you get done with work at 12:30-2:30am it's something you notice.

HerdBot
08-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Looks like there might have been about 1000 people there.

Which would be about the same as your first home playoff game.

https://ctrayne.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/photo-1-2.jpg
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/sdsucollegian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/66/2662b11e-b9bf-11e6-8032-779acabaefd8/58436e3382daf.image.jpg?resize=760%2C507/img]
[img]https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/thepublicopinion.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/1f/31f4886e-baae-11e6-9925-f75b6787a51b/5844ff72c75f5.image.jpg
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/sdsucollegian.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/66/2662b11e-b9bf-11e6-8032-779acabaefd8/58436e3382daf.image.jpg?resize=760%2C507

aces1180
08-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Gross? I said I was technically a fargoan because i was born in fargo, lulz. Moorhead has it leadership flaws. But no fargo/wf traffic...can be anywhere I want to be in 10 min, it's in Minnesota, new schools, more of a community feel than city, tax abatements, don't have a 4.5 hr drive to the cities like grand forks, don't have you living here. So there's some pluses just to name a few

You just described West Fargo too...But maybe it takes an extra five minutes to get somewhere.

aces1180
08-08-2017, 06:43 PM
1) Have you lived in both places? Going to guess no, so maybe your insight isn't that great. I've been stunned at how incredibly dead DT Fargo is a lot of nights I've gone down. Anything before Friday is completely dead a lot of the time.

2) So basically your retort is "I don't really know but I'll take a couple guesses at it". Hey whatever's clever man. I say most of the year since hours for businesses change when college is in session, which is most of the year. I wasn't typing that to be dishonest, that is what it is.

Great. Love downtowns that don't have anyone there for 75% of the nights. What fun. I'll take less bars and more people activity any day.

That's what you took from that eh? Solid work. It's just fairly astonishing to me that an area with at least 10x the people can't manage to have a couple places open past midnight/1am. When you get done with work at 12:30-2:30am it's something you notice.

I can name 7 places without thinking that have a drive thru open past midnight...I'm not sure how you may have missed them.

- McDonalds
- Wendy's
- Taco Bell
- Hardees
- Sonic
- Burger King
- Subway

NDSUstudent
08-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Fargo is a different town in the summer, people out at the lakes and college kids not around changes the vibe a bit. Sioux Falls doesn't really have the college population that Fargo has nor is it by lakes country. SF is a nice town but it is like a more boring version of Fargo.

Brookings downtown being more lively is hilarious. I'm sure all five bars and restaurants are hopping every night.

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Wait..thumper likes bars packed with people? Downtown Brookings over downtown fargo? Wal-Mart over target? Why do you do this to yourself?

ByeSonBusiness
08-08-2017, 07:19 PM
http://memeguy.com/photos/thumbs/mrw-i-skip-class-to-watch-a-soccer-game-but-then-i-find-out-the-game-isnt-on-till-later-97850.gif

What! How is that's a bad thing?

Anyone see Izzy?

Well done!

Maybe it's just your shitty personality?

Maybe. Get along with most people just fine though so who knows.

My bet is Fargo didnt like you either. I will make another bet that you and GF got along just fine.

I don't think anyone in our friend groups were from Fargo. Mostly smaller towns. No idea if they liked us or not. Grand Forks was great other than the weird hockey stuff.

Son of a Bison
08-08-2017, 07:30 PM
When you get done with work at 12:30-2:30am it's something you notice. - quote from Thumper

You should just hop over and work the next corner. Better yet bounce down to Brookings and do some do some real bar hopping.

bisonmike2
08-08-2017, 07:33 PM

I lived in Watertown and in Fargo so I'm going to go ahead and call myself as qualified as any to comment on this. Brookings is basically Watertown with a university and in no way is that a compliment. Fargo is 1,000 times better than Brookings and probably 100 times better than Sioux Falls (which I also lived in). Best college town in ESD? Vermillion. Great college town. All the bars are on 1 street which is also the only street. I had friends that went to both SDSU and USD. Vermillion was easily a much better time.

Professor Chaos
08-08-2017, 07:52 PM
I love all the official NDSU/SDSU game info in the 192 posts (and counting) of this thread. :rofl:

EndZoneQB
08-08-2017, 08:08 PM

Most city's downtowns are quite a bit more lively on Friday/Saturday than other days of the week. I guess I'm not sure what your definition of lively is either. I live right outside of downtown and spend most of my money there - and I used to work down there. Restaurants are always busy, sometimes annoyingly so. Foot traffic is constant all day. Bars are definitely hit or miss, but a lot of that has to do with there being a TON of options elsewhere. People chase specials and other activities to do. Have a lot of suburban neighborhoods and cities with their own vibe in Brookings? Downtown Minneapolis or Chicago is pretty stale on a Monday night, too. Not every night needs to be raucous, maybe that's just the old man in me. I like to hit it as hard as anyone I know, but sometimes it's nice to have a couple of options that might not be so packed. Maybe you aren't looking in the right places. Every night there is usually at least one place downtown that is hoppin', live music, DJ, etc.

Who is guessing at it? It's pretty easy to know which ones are open as hours are listed online, and not to mention, if you are as desperate as you seem, you will learn which ones are open. Yes, it's not every single one of them....wait for it, because we have multiple of most fast food joints in town. McDonald's are open 24hrs on 32nd, University, and 8th St in Moorhead. Hardee's is open 24hrs by 29. It's true, Taco Bell just changed their hours to be open until 12 or 1AM because they can't find help. Pizza Patrol and Deek's are both open until at least 3AM. I'm a nightowl, I rarely struggle to find something to eat. Hell even Rhombus is open until 2AM. Diversity? Fine, but you can't tell me that Brookings, SD is better. Save for maybe Jack-in-the-box, Whataburger, and In-N-Out, there really isn't much more elsewhere that is open late.

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2017, 08:48 PM
damn it now I want a whataburger

SDbison
08-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Well said, Thumper. Speaking as a Bison fan who has lived in both Fargo and Sioux Falls, and grew up in ND, Sioux Falls is a better place to live. If only NDSU was here, my life may be perfect. LOL Socalled. Both are close but I give edge to Fargo for entertainment and universities. You must be sucking up to someone in Sioux Falls and not interested in being honest.

Bison 4 Life
08-08-2017, 09:42 PM

I have. TBH the only thing good about Brookings DT is the window at George's pizza. Other than that, it's ass.

wow
08-08-2017, 10:08 PM
I lived in Watertown and in Fargo so I'm going to go ahead and call myself as qualified as any to comment on this. Brookings is basically Watertown with a university and in no way is that a compliment. Fargo is 1,000 times better than Brookings and probably 100 times better than Sioux Falls (which I also lived in). Best college town in ESD? Vermillion. Great college town. All the bars are on 1 street which is also the only street. I had friends that went to both SDSU and USD. Vermillion was easily a much better time.

LOL, so you haven't lived in Brookings but are qualified to comment on what it is like there... mkay.

I have to question the judgement of anyone who thinks Vermillion is great at anything.

MNLonghorn10
08-08-2017, 11:08 PM
LOL, so you haven't lived in Brookings but are qualified to comment on what it is like there... mkay.

I have to question the judgement of anyone who thinks Vermillion is great at anything.That's your comeback? Sounds like Mike is pretty close on his statements

Thumper 76
08-08-2017, 11:09 PM

I have to question the judgement of anyone who thinks Vermillion is great at anything.

Legitimately disqualifies someone's opinion. Brookings may not be a lot of people's dream, but man, Vermillion is a dump.

slips
08-09-2017, 12:14 AM
I lived in Sioux Falls for 3 years from 2010-2013. I would definitely give the edge to Fargo and a lot of people in Sioux Falls especially the Sioux Falls Development Foundation and Chamber of Commerce already know this. My time there they were constantly comparing Sioux Falls to Fargo. They were scratching their heads trying to figure out how does Fargo do this and Fargo do that? It was absolutely hilarious to listen to If f'd up streets and ridiculous crime for a city that size floats your boat then by all means brag S.F up. There are nice parts of Sioux Falls but they are far and few between compared to Fargo. To their credit however Sioux Falls has made some nice strides since than but the nod still goes to Fargo fairly easily. Nic's burgers in Brookings BTW is probably the best establishment to Bragg about in that town. It's most certainty not their Football team!

Green1
08-09-2017, 02:19 AM
Um, what does Sioux Falls have to do with the football game?

wow
08-09-2017, 01:46 PM
That's your comeback? Sounds like Mike is pretty close on his statements

Here's how preposterous his statement was:

I've been to a Vikings game, and I've been to Hobo Day. The FCS National Championship is basically like Hobo Day with better weather and in no way is that a compliment. Vikings games are 1000 times better than Hobo Day and probably 100 times better than a Chiefs game (which I've also been to). Best sports event? High school volleyball state championship. Great sports event. Cheap tickets, cheap concessions, and you can sit wherever you want. I had friends who went to Hobo Day and the volleyball championship. Volleyball was easily a much better time.

Does that make any sense to you?

TransAmBison
08-09-2017, 01:48 PM

I've been to a Vikings game, and I've been to Hobo Day. The FCS National Championship is basically like Hobo Day with better weather and in no way is that a compliment. Vikings games are 1000 times better than Hobo Day and probably 100 times better than a Chiefs game (which I've also been to). Best sports event? High school volleyball state championship. Great sports event. Cheap tickets, cheap concessions, and you can sit wherever you want. I had friends who went to Hobo Day and the volleyball championship. Volleyball was easily a much better time.

Does that make any sense to you?I can see a volleyball game being better than Hobo Day. No argument at all.

BisonTeacher
08-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Are you guys really arguing about which SD city is better? Isn't that like arguing about which one of your turds look nicer?

I've never lived in SD so I guess I'm not qualified so that's why I'm asking.

Edit. But I have flushed in brookings. A few times.

Green1
08-09-2017, 02:28 PM
I can see a volleyball game being better than Hobo Day. No argument at all.

Well that's not a fair comparison. They auction off a hog in between volleyball games.

Professor Chaos
08-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Well that's not a fair comparison. They auction off a hog in between volleyball games.
Hopefully those South Dakota volleyball teams have bench players or else one team would only have 5 players left to put on the court after the first game then.

Green1
08-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Hopefully those South Dakota volleyball teams have bench players or else one team would only have 5 players left to put on the court after the first game then.

There are cheerleaders involved, so they have it covered.

bisonmike2
08-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Are you guys really arguing about which SD city is better? Isn't that like arguing about which one of your turds look nicer?

I've never lived in SD so I guess I'm not qualified so that's why I'm asking.

Edit. But I have flushed in brookings. A few times.

You're not missing much. Brookings, Watertown, Huron, Aberdeen. All just different shades of the same turd. So yeah I didn't live in Brookings but there isn't a difference between any of those towns. Let's see, the high school kids hang out at gas station/fast food restuarant x/genereic parking lot. There's probably a strip of road they cruise back and forth over and over on Friday and Saturdays. They all know of some party going on in the country somewhere. Most people remember when the new Wal-mart came to town. The biggest excitement in the past 10 years was when we got the 2nd McDonalds. All of them have some sort of billboard or advertisement about the Rushmore state or something Rushmore related. Nevermind the fact that it's the only thing SD if famous for and it's on the completely opposite side of the state. Aberdeen used to advertise to motorist passing through from the east that it was the shortest route to the black hills. Think about that. What they are basically saying is "We know we're a shitty place to visit but if you go through our town, you'll spend the least amount of time here."

IzzyFlexion
08-09-2017, 04:08 PM

If ever there was a time for Tatanka to re-appear on BV.................

Jackedforlife
08-09-2017, 04:25 PM
. What they are basically saying is "We know we're a shitty place to visit but if you go through our town, you'll spend the least amount of time here."

You are from Watertown, you know there is no way to drive through on 212 in less than 30 minutes. For all the stoplights you'd think there was a major manufacturer of them in that city.

Christopher Moen
08-09-2017, 05:00 PM
You're not missing much. Brookings, Watertown, Huron, Aberdeen. All just different shades of the same turd. So yeah I didn't live in Brookings but there isn't a difference between any of those towns. Let's see, the high school kids hang out at gas station/fast food restuarant x/genereic parking lot. There's probably a strip of road they cruise back and forth over and over on Friday and Saturdays. They all know of some party going on in the country somewhere. Most people remember when the new Wal-mart came to town. The biggest excitement in the past 10 years was when we got the 2nd McDonalds. All of them have some sort of billboard or advertisement about the Rushmore state or something Rushmore related. Nevermind the fact that it's the only thing SD if famous for and it's on the completely opposite side of the state. Aberdeen used to advertise to motorist passing through from the east that it was the shortest route to the black hills. Think about that. What they are basically saying is "We know we're a shitty place to visit but if you go through our town, you'll spend the least amount of time here."

Don't forget the free water in Wall, SD.

jacksfan29
08-09-2017, 05:00 PM
That's your comeback? Sounds like Mike is pretty close on his statements

Let me see if I can this straight. People who live in Fargo/Moorhead are making fun of a college town? You live in Fargo, ND. A dump. A place which is the butt of more jokes than maybe any city in the country outside of Detroit. Again, you live in Fargo. May I suggest you move on instead of pretending you live in paradise. The place is a dump. A cold, flat, ugly, strip mall laden dump.

EndZoneQB
08-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Let me see if I can this straight. People who live in Fargo/Moorhead are making fun of a college town? You live in Fargo, ND. A dump. A place which is the butt of more jokes than maybe any city in the country outside of Detroit. Again, you live in Fargo. May I suggest you move on instead of pretending you live in paradise. The place is a dump. A cold, flat, ugly, strip mall laden dump.

It's only the butt of jokes because people actually know it exists. Brookings wishes it could be the butt of jokes.

Green1
08-09-2017, 05:23 PM

Now remember, when breathing into the paper bag, take slow, controlled breaths. Try to remain calm. Hyperventilating can be overcome.

MNLonghorn10
08-09-2017, 06:27 PM

Does that make any sense to you?Wait... you got into hobo days without having 2012 season tickets and a single game ticket stub to 2014s game vs cal poly? You scam artist you [emoji16]

Btw, the fcs national championship game weather is arguably worse than hobo days. Every year it's cold and miserable even though the week leading up to it is in the 80s

HerdBot
08-09-2017, 06:34 PM
I'm done with this thread. We now have Bunny fans claiming Brookings is better and has a better downtown than Fargo. Hobo day is better than Frisco and a Vikings game. ESPN College Gameday has 1k people. What next the moon landing was faked and was shot in a studio in Brookings?

Outta here. Too delusional

MNLonghorn10
08-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Let me see if I can this straight. People who live in Fargo/Moorhead are making fun of a college town? You live in Fargo, ND. A dump. A place which is the butt of more jokes than maybe any city in the country outside of Detroit. Again, you live in Fargo. May I suggest you move on instead of pretending you live in paradise. The place is a dump. A cold, flat, ugly, strip mall laden dump.Just God awful. How many times is it in "one of the best cities to live in" lists from random magazines?

So awful that population is rising in all 3 of the metro cities every census.

I've been to dumps: Sioux city, Gary, flint.

The way you describe fargo is how you'd describe 90% of south Dakota....so why go there?

Fargo is better than most college towns period. How is that even a discussion? Brookings, Iowa city, Manhattan, and a, lawrence....who cares. Yea we're going to make fun of them because we can

Mr Meaty
08-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Wait... you got into hobo days without having 2012 season tickets and a single game ticket stub to 2014s game vs cal poly? You scam artist you [emoji16]

Btw, the fcs national championship game weather is arguably worse than hobo days. Every year it's cold and miserable even though the week leading up to it is in the 80s

And the couple days after it as well.

Christopher Moen
08-09-2017, 08:16 PM
I'm done with this thread. We now have Bunny fans claiming Brookings is better and has a better downtown than Fargo. Hobo day is better than Frisco and a Vikings game. ESPN College Gameday has 1k people. What next the moon landing was faked and was shot in a studio in Brookings?

Some of the preposterous hyperbole from the Jackrabbits about Brookings is getting nearly K-State Mask-bad (I hope that guy is still alive), not F'Hawker bad yet, but still bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9MzVOmueo&feature=youtu.be&a

Bison 4 Life
08-09-2017, 08:25 PM

They have to do something to distract from the fact that their ticket office lied and they are NOT close to selling out.

Portlandbison
08-09-2017, 10:43 PM
I continue to be amazed that people actually find time to post on opposing teams message boards. The thought of ever googling, let alone post thousands of times on an opposing teams message board is so weird to me.

Sorry for the drift, Brookings sucks

HerdBoy
08-09-2017, 10:52 PM
The game should be a doozy.

MNLonghorn10
08-09-2017, 10:55 PM
I continue to be amazed that people actually find time to post on opposing teams message boards. The thought of ever googling, let alone post thousands of times on an opposing teams message board is so weird to me.

Sorry for the drift, Brookings sucks

its fun. banter between fans when its a slow time of the season helps speed things along.

plus, what else are you going to do in Brookings?

KilldeerBison
08-09-2017, 11:22 PM
The game should be a doozy.

Yep. The Bison already tied one hand behind their back (Menard), I still like our chances!

Bison 4 Life
08-10-2017, 12:58 AM
its fun. banter between fans when its a slow time of the season helps speed things along.

plus, what else are you going to do in Brookings?

not sell all the tickets to the game, that's for sure.

Bison03
08-15-2017, 08:39 PM
So when can we actually buy tickets for this game?

THEsocalledfan
08-15-2017, 09:20 PM

Sept 18, when SDSU has to admit no matter how much they tell their fans the tickets are "just about gone", there are still plenty to buy.

MNLonghorn10
08-16-2017, 01:35 AM

do you have your stub from the 2015 tcu game?

MontanaHoyt
09-16-2017, 04:20 AM
Does anybody know what time tickets go on sale for this game on Monday? I plan on jumping on right away and hopefully snagging 2 tickets!

bisonhp330
09-17-2017, 12:33 AM

Don't be ridiculous. The moon landing was filmed in Arizona.

THEsocalledfan
09-17-2017, 01:04 AM
Does anybody know what time tickets go on sale for this game on Monday? I plan on jumping on right away and hopefully snagging 2 tickets!

Ticket office opens at 9.... Id try at 8, then 9.

SDSUAlum08
09-18-2017, 01:11 AM
The Game Sold Out

El_Chapo
09-18-2017, 01:59 AM
The Game Sold Out

HAHA yeah right surrreee

SDbison
09-18-2017, 02:41 AM
The Game Sold Out lol. So how many empty seats will there be for this game? 1000 or 2000? Filling seats with people who got free tickets and don't care about the game is a joke. But SDSU is so desperate to be like NDSU in football they will do anything.

SDSUAlum08
09-18-2017, 02:44 AM
lol. So how many empty seats will there be for this game? 1000 or 2000? Filling seats with people who got free tickets and don't care about the game is a joke. But SDSU is so desperate to be like NDSU in football they will do anything.

Haters gonna hate

EC8CH
09-18-2017, 02:47 AM
The Game Sold Out

What took so long?

SDbison
09-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Haters gonna hate And you post here for what reason?

unbison
09-18-2017, 03:14 AM
And you post here for what reason?
I'd say your letting him accomplish that

17>1
09-18-2017, 03:22 AM
Any chance they sell SRO?

Thumper 76
09-18-2017, 03:31 AM
lol. So how many empty seats will there be for this game? 1000 or 2000? Filling seats with people who got free tickets and don't care about the game is a joke. But SDSU is so desperate to be like NDSU in football they will do anything.

Welp, considering that we drew 15.8k for Drake, and there will likely be 2kish Bison fans there, I would bet that the Marker Game will draw in an extra 1-2k.

SDbison
09-18-2017, 03:50 AM
Welp, considering that we drew 15.8k for Drake, and there will likely be 2kish Bison fans there, I would bet that the Marker Game will draw in an extra 1-2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk So how will 2000 Bison fans get tickets for this game?

SDbison
09-18-2017, 03:51 AM
I'd say your letting him accomplish that No, we already know he is a douchebag Bunny fan.

Thumper 76
09-18-2017, 05:24 AM
So how will 2000 Bison fans get tickets for this game?

Through secondary market, or the ones who knew people to get tickets. I'm guessing high-ish on the number of NDSU fans out of respect for how you travel. I really don't think it is a stretch for SDSU fans to fill it. We pulled 17,700 for Hobo Day last year vs YSU. Not much of a stretch to think that there's 2000 more fans out there willing to go.

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2017, 10:45 AM
Tickets =/= asses in the seats.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-18-2017, 01:01 PM
So they aren't even going to put a link out there, huh? I know they are 'Sold Out' but...i dont think they actually are.

tjbison
09-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Cute...only took 100 years to sell out a game?

bisonmike2
09-18-2017, 01:22 PM
Cute...only took 100 years to sell out a game?

Not true. We've helped them sell out the Dakota Marker game in Brookings several years now.

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2017, 01:24 PM
This is going to be a fun one to watch on TV. They won't show any empty spots in the stands but you'll be able to see them from field level. November 4th isn't the kindest weather in SD so they will have some no shows, and there will be nobody there after halftime.

This fan base does not like their team that much. That's obvious.