PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Verbal: Saybein Clark

Jay
06-27-2017, 04:19 PM
6'1" 195 | RB | Sioux City, IA

http://www.scout.com/player/208004-saybein-clark/photos

Held offers at one point (Not sure if currently commitable) to Iowa and Iowa State

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4372961/saybein-clark

23Bison
06-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Yeah baby!!:judges:

CaBisonFan
06-27-2017, 04:36 PM
Welcome Seybein!

HerdBot
06-27-2017, 04:49 PM
Actually I did some twitter searching and he had scholarship offers from SDSU, USD, and UNI

24-7 has him rated as the #2 player in Iowa wow

EndZoneQB
06-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Scout has him with an Iowa State offer??

mtoutfitter
06-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Scout has him with an Iowa State offer??

Also has him with a U of Iowa offer.

THEsocalledfan
06-27-2017, 05:40 PM
I love this, but beating Iowa and Iowa St.? Have trouble believing that.

EndZoneQB
06-27-2017, 05:43 PM
Also has him with a U of Iowa offer.

Some how missed that. Is there an injury?

Mr Meaty
06-27-2017, 05:44 PM
Man this kid looks unstoppable with the ball. Hard to bring down and nice speed in the open field.

THEsocalledfan
06-27-2017, 05:47 PM
Some how missed that. Is there an injury?

I'm having the same thoughts; very, very hard to believe. Paging Mr. Burgundy. What is the inside story on this one?

Christopher Moen
06-27-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm having the same thoughts; very, very hard to believe. Paging Mr. Burgundy. What is the inside story on this one?

I think the kid likes winners, especially winners that beat every major college program in his own state.

http://www.thegazette.com/storyimage/GA/20160917/ARTICLE/160919623/AR/0/AR-160919623.jpg

EndZoneQB
06-27-2017, 05:55 PM
Sounds like 24/7 had him as a top 100 prospect in February. He's still a 4 star kid there(91), but the composite is 3 stars as Rivals has him as a 2 star and Scout as a 3 star. It's true he had both ISU/IU offers at one point. Sounds like Texas was interested and Wisconsin was rumored to be close to offering in February. He looks uber talented, so I'm all for that. Maybe a John Crockett situation...academics? All speculation as I know nothing other than what I can find on the google machine.

THEsocalledfan
06-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Sounds like 24/7 had him as a top 100 prospect in February. He's still a 4 star kid there(91), but the composite is 3 stars as Rivals has him as a 2 star and Scout as a 3 star. It's true he had both ISU/IU offers at one point. Sounds like Texas was interested and Wisconsin was rumored to be close to offering in February. He looks uber talented, so I'm all for that. Maybe a John Crockett situation...academics? All speculation as I know nothing other than what I can find on the google machine.

Has anyone ever used a Bison offer as a cleaver way to hold out for a higher P5 offer like the Huskers? That way, you lock in at a top FCS school, but while sending a subtle message the right offer would move you? (I should have skipped the JFK movie marathon.....)

tjbison
06-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Has anyone ever used a Bison offer as a cleaver way to hold out for a higher P5 offer like the Huskers? That way, you lock in at a top FCS school, but while sending a subtle message the right offer would move you? (I should have skipped the JFK movie marathon.....)

we have had several flip the past couple years, not necessarily as a plant but they performed so well their Senior season the P5 came calling. Verbals mean nothing in reality, if he is sending in a FAX ill get excited

GOBISON123
06-27-2017, 07:10 PM
we have had several flip the past couple years, not necessarily as a plant but they performed so well their Senior season the P5 came calling. Verbals mean nothing in reality, if he is sending in a FAX ill get excited

I agree. This reminds me of a similar situation last year. We lost good top 3* recruits to Wisconsin . That TE especialy...so wont be excited until it is final.

El_Chapo
06-27-2017, 07:10 PM
kid is legit. begin trolling iowa/Iowa State fans.... immediately!

and yes NDSU will.lose 2 3 kids a year by NOT being FBS...its just the way it is

El_Chapo
06-27-2017, 07:28 PM
iowa state board says he had offers from both Iowa Iowa st.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/official-2018-isu-football-recruiting-thread.217382/page-4#post-5739285

Mr. Burgundy
06-27-2017, 07:29 PM
this would be a signature "get" if we end up with him. Kid is a tailback in the lines of Crockett. Had offers from Iowa State and Iowa. Was patient, recruiting is cut throat at that level. Schools fill, offers are revoked and sometimes the kids aren't even notified. He came to camp. Kid and Dad absolutely loved it. This one is shocking to me. I didn't think we had a chance.

Sort of changing subjects, but trying to help....in the past, on signing day week, when things get really stressful for us, and other schools come calling on our top recruits....well, we now have the December national letter of intent day. They will be notified in August of this date, we will be all over our kids to sign and be done. So, if other schools lose out on kids, they can not come to our kids as they will be committed to NDSU at that time...hopefully we are super hot and waiting for a date in Frisco at that time. Who knows. I do not see how this is not very beneficial to a school like NDSU who is chasing FBS type of kids. Hope that makes some sense and may help.

THEsocalledfan
06-27-2017, 07:35 PM
Sort of changing subjects, but trying to help....in the past, on signing day week, when things get really stressful for us, and other schools come calling on our top recruits....well, we now have the December national letter of intent day. They will be notified in August of this date, we will be all over our kids to sign and be done. So, if other schools lose out on kids, they can not come to our kids as they will be committed to NDSU at that time...hopefully we are super hot and waiting for a date in Frisco at that time. Who knows. I do not see how this is not very beneficial to a school like NDSU who is chasing FBS type of kids. Hope that makes some sense and may help.

Burgundy, I've been wondering about this. Isn't there a chance that the entire timetable simply moves up? Example, P5 team isn't getting the commits they want locked before December date, so they go after ours right before that date.

BisonNation11
06-27-2017, 07:39 PM
Burgundy, I've been wondering about this. Isn't there a chance that the entire timetable simply moves up? Example, P5 team isn't getting the commits they want locked before December date, so they go after ours right before that date.

I was wondering the same thing. But the more I've thought about it, the more I see that it helps NDSU. I don't know for sure when in December the new signing day is, but I do know it's been hard to recruit during the playoff period all while FBS teams are preparing for weeks for a bowl game so those coaches have more time to focus on recruiting. If we can lock up kids before the long haul of the playoffs, that can only benefit us. Everyone is busy until the beginning of December (FBS & FCS) so no one really has an advantage.

goalpost
06-27-2017, 08:14 PM

this kid reminds me of bruuuuce , #very excited !

HerdBot
06-27-2017, 08:19 PM
Watching this kid run, defenders like literally bounce off of his legs and he just powers through them. And it's not like he's just a power back, the kid has wheels in the open field and can cut. Very similar to King Frazier but probably faster.

goalpost
06-27-2017, 08:23 PM
yup , agree!

thebigund
06-27-2017, 08:55 PM
The plot thickens.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/any-saybein-clark-news.191287/

HerdBot
06-27-2017, 09:00 PM
The plot thickens.

I wouldnt say it thickens... Won't say we can't take a chance on a kid who may (or may not have, could be gossip) have made a mistake as a junior in high school. I trust the coaches know what they are doing. They have a pretty great history of recruiting good character young men.

BisonTeacher
06-27-2017, 09:04 PM

Gawd!! Your like the guy who dates the hot chick but tries to figure out why the whole time because of your low self esteem and it ends up ruining it. Just enjoy the the ride and if it crashes and burns so be it.

Just giving you crap man. You are a Seinfeld episode.

southcliffbison
06-27-2017, 09:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing. But the more I've thought about it, the more I see that it helps NDSU. I don't know for sure when in December the new signing day is, but I do know it's been hard to recruit during the playoff period all while FBS teams are preparing for weeks for a bowl game so those coaches have more time to focus on recruiting. If we can lock up kids before the long haul of the playoffs, that can only benefit us. Everyone is busy until the beginning of December (FBS & FCS) so no one really has an advantage.

the new signing date is December 20th; lasts 72 hours......closes on the 22nd.

southcliffbison
06-27-2017, 09:11 PM
If CK can sign these guys, what a Christmas present to Bison fans it would be !!

mtoutfitter
06-27-2017, 09:27 PM
The plot thickens.

Didn't see anything there except 3rd hand fan gossip. Shouldn't you be over on the SiouxSuck board saying things like....."Where's our commits"?......"No worries, a lot of talent left out there"....or maybe "Our coaches find under recruited gems like no one else"!!

thebigund
06-27-2017, 09:30 PM
Didn't see anything there except 3rd hand fan gossip. Shouldn't you be over on the SiouxSuck board saying things like....."Where's our commits"?......"No worries, a lot of talent left out there"....or maybe "Our coaches find under recruited gems like no one else"!!

I'm not worried. I like our D2 quality all americans that NDSU never offered.

Bison Dan
06-27-2017, 09:59 PM
I'm not worried. I like our D2 quality all americans that NDSU never offered.
How'd that work out in the playoffs.

EC8CH
06-27-2017, 10:38 PM
beating Iowa and Iowa St.? Have trouble believing that.

How is that hard to believe? It has literally already happened :biggrin:

EC8CH
06-27-2017, 10:40 PM
The plot thickens.

Honest question. How many verbals does UND have at this point?

Bisonator98
06-27-2017, 10:40 PM
Honest question. How many verbals does UND have at this point?

2 I think lol

EC8CH
06-27-2017, 10:41 PM
2 I think lol

Better than nothing.

GOBISON123
06-27-2017, 10:51 PM
2 I think lol

And one doesnt even know American football. He grew up watching hockey

Christopher Moen
06-27-2017, 11:31 PM
I wouldnt say it thickens... Won't say we can't take a chance on a kid who may (or may not have, could be gossip) have made a mistake as a junior in high school. I trust the coaches know what they are doing. They have a pretty great history of recruiting good character young men.

All I read was in need of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-SieCU11r4

If any of the hearsay is true, the young man will either become a better man while at NDSU or get culled out very early.

tjbison
06-28-2017, 12:10 AM
And we continually allow trash to wreck threads

NDSU1980
06-28-2017, 12:54 AM
And we continually allow trash to wreck threads

Plus++++ a couple million. Too bad tony lacks the balls to ban some of that un_ trash.

Christopher Moen
06-28-2017, 01:53 AM
Plus++++ a couple million. Too bad tony lacks the balls to ban some of that un_ trash.

Having them on here is just a good reminder of how lowbrow their fan base is with their insatiable desire for disrespectful hockey jerseys, turtlenecks and gap-teeth.

Plus, toying with them is a nice break from arguing with each other about what direction the school is/should be heading.

thebigund
06-28-2017, 02:22 AM
Better than nothing.

3 now, I guess we just got another. Obviously all future stars along with every other recruit ever.

thebigund
06-28-2017, 02:23 AM
And one doesnt even know American football. He grew up watching hockey

And her name is Rain..... Not even a little prpl

EC8CH
06-28-2017, 05:27 AM
Why would a running back from Iowa choose the Bison over the Hawkeyes?

Two reasons

And

MNLonghorn10
06-28-2017, 05:31 AM
Best game ever. Fucking love trolling fbs teams in their stadium

tjbison
06-28-2017, 06:11 AM
Best game ever. Fucking love trolling fbs teams in their stadium

Colorado St was really fun, they thought they were totally above us, talking shut etc, after nobody would say a word..awesome game

THEsocalledfan
06-28-2017, 12:43 PM
How is that hard to believe? It has literally already happened :biggrin:

I read Burgundy's posts as saying those offers were not current so while a stellar land, I won't say NDSU beat iowa/iowa st on this one.

Mr Meaty
06-28-2017, 01:01 PM
:offtopic: and now back to the recruitment of Saybein Clark.

ByeSonBusiness
06-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Colorado St was really fun, they thought they were totally above us, talking shut etc, after nobody would say a word..awesome game

That game was boring relative to the other fbs games we went to IMO

MNLonghorn10
06-28-2017, 01:13 PM
That game was boring relative to the other fbs games we went to IMO
Game yes. ...before and after the game...the best

bisonmike2
06-28-2017, 02:27 PM
This guy is a stud but I won't get too excited until he is signed, sealed and delivered. He's going to get a ton of offers as the year goes on.

EndZoneQB
06-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Game yes. ...before and after the game...the best

Agreed. Fort Collins was a blast. Iowa City was a good time too.

ndsubison1
06-28-2017, 03:13 PM

It's weird, the Iowa fans thought we had a more realistic shot than the CSU fans. Funny.

bruinbison
06-28-2017, 03:16 PM
......"He went up to the camp this weekend and both Saybein and his dad enjoyed it," Heelan head coach Jerry Steffen said. "They are really excited about him as a running back and he will fit their downhill scheme very well as a running back because that is where his talent is.

Steffen said that Clark's strong camp showing led to offers from NDSU and fellow Missouri Valley Football Conference teams South Dakota, South Dakota State and Northern Iowa......

......Clark ran for 985 yards and 14 touchdowns for the 9-3 Crusaders as a junior last season. As a sophomore he ran for 1,666 yards and 19 touchdowns.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/high-school/football/heelan-s-saybein-clark-verbals-to-ndsu/article_4dec2418-7af2-5361-ace4-ad37e8f8ae72.html

bri-dog
06-29-2017, 08:45 PM
I don't know how much of this is accurate, but whatever...

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/why-did-3-star-rb-saybein-clark-commit-to-fcs-north-dakota-state-over-iowa-others

CaBisonFan
06-29-2017, 09:01 PM

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/why-did-3-star-rb-saybein-clark-commit-to-fcs-north-dakota-state-over-iowa-others
My computer won't let me read the article...if that tells you anything.

MAKBison
06-29-2017, 09:18 PM

It is prognostication on why he "turned his back" on iowa. Talks about the FCS and FBS being a more level playing field and notes how Carson Wentz and others notoriety have made the FCS a legit pathway to the nfl. "Location like footbal mad fargo" are viable options for those with nfl aspirations.

Christopher Moen
06-29-2017, 09:22 PM

Generally, when a high school football prospect receives a Division I FBS scholarship offer after a series of FCS offers, it’s a sign that they;re moving up in the recruiting world. For Saybein Clark (http://247sports.com/Player/Saybein-Clark-94524), it was a sign that he should stick with his earliest fans.

Clark, a three-star prospect from Bishop Heelan Catholic in Sioux City, Ia., committed to North Dakota State despite holding a scholarship offer from perennial Big Ten contender Iowa (https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/879735174875033600).

So why did Clark choose the Bison rather his home state’s bowl-bound power program? The rising senior hasn’t confirmed anything yet, but there may be a multitude of reasons.

While we know Iowa offered Clark a scholarship, it’s unknown whether they truly were willing to let him compete for time as a running back, his position of choice. There’s a significantly greater chance that he could get a chance to tote the ball as he does at Bishop Heelan at North Dakota State than in Iowa City.

Additionally, while Iowa clearly brings greater media exposure and a degree of national prestige and attention, the rise of FCS prospects including North Dakota State alum Carson Wentz has raised awareness at the sub-bowl level and made locations like football-mad Fargo a viable option for players who harbor NFL dreams but might not have the size or competitive portfolio to gain attention from the top collegiate programs while they’re still high schoolers.

Will Clark follow through on his North Dakota State commitment with National Signing Day still months away? Who knows. Even if he doesn’t, the fact that he turned his back on Iowa for a chance at North Dakota State speaks volumes about how recruiting is rapidly becoming a more level playing field, across all different factors.

Rewatching Saybein's video reminds of another RB from Iowa - David Johnson.

EC8CH
06-29-2017, 09:59 PM

I've got a possible reason:

Rushing Yards: NDSU 239, Iowa 34

HerdBot
06-30-2017, 01:29 AM
Rewatching Saybein's video reminds of another RB from Iowa - David Johnson.

He runs with great power and defenders literally bounce off his legs. Very rarely does he go down with one guy. His running style is very similar to David Johnson and his skills fit our offense like a glove.

KilldeerBison
06-30-2017, 04:20 PM
Rewatching Saybein's video reminds of another RB from Iowa - David Johnson. must spread rep... I agree completely.

tony
06-30-2017, 04:42 PM
He runs with great power and defenders literally bounce off his legs. Very rarely does he go down with one guy. His running style is very similar to David Johnson and his skills fit our offense like a glove.

We robots must think alike. He reminded me of David Johnson too.

KC Bison
07-04-2017, 06:01 PM

Believe it. We did beat Univ. of Iowa and Iowa State.

G_Funky
07-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Believe it. We did beat Univ. of Iowa and Iowa State.

I'm not sure if it's so much beating them on the field as it is the reputation of the three universities. Iowa State is a dumpster fire and UofI brings in about six RBs each signing class and by the next year 5 of them have left the university for one reason or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock
07-06-2017, 08:44 PM
I want to be careful of possible NCAA infractions here- but if NDSU locks down this kid, I am pretty excited for the marketing opportunities his name presents.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170706/60d911cac23e574620a696ff32aedc62.jpg

23Bison
07-07-2017, 01:21 PM
What are the odds this kid signs on the dotted line? Love to see a kid with his size and skill set running the ball with a Bison jersey on.

THEsocalledfan
07-07-2017, 01:44 PM
What are the odds this kid signs on the dotted line? Love to see a kid with his size and skill set running the ball with a Bison jersey on.

If you believe the "sky is always sunny folks," the early signing day will help land these types of kids. If you believe the "doom and gloom" crowd, P5 teams will simply start offering these P5 fringe players earlier when they don't lock up recruits before the early signing day.

23Bison
07-07-2017, 02:02 PM
If you believe the "sky is always sunny folks," the early signing day will help land these types of kids. If you believe the "doom and gloom" crowd, P5 teams will simply start offering these P5 fringe players earlier when they don't lock up recruits before the early signing day.

Is there a bar with a few alcoholic drinks that I can sit at somewhere in the middle because that's where I'm at until signing day. Seems to just have been a problem as of late and Seybein is the highest profile recruit that I can remember that we've had.

Bison"FANatic"
07-07-2017, 02:06 PM

I just don't see how this will change the feeding frenzy except that it will move it up to December. It will give programs less time to try to flip verbals but it is not like Nov and Dec. are exceptionally slow times for coaches. Heck it is going to make those months hell for those guys. Now if this was before the high school season and after camps then you might see a actual change and be able to put more emphasis on coaches who are good in finding talent before it blows up their senior year.

Grizzled
07-07-2017, 02:59 PM
I just don't see how this will change the feeding frenzy except that it will move it up to December. It will give programs less time to try to flip verbals but it is not like Nov and Dec. are exceptionally slow times for coaches. Heck it is going to make those months hell for those guys. Now if this was before the high school season and after camps then you might see a actual change and be able to put more emphasis on coaches who are good in finding talent before it blows up their senior year.

Agreed. I'm also interested to see how this works with coaching changes. Either firings or a coach (staff) that moves towards another opportunity. LOI are non binding in these cases and the sharks will swarm some kids if this happens. Now they are asking kids to sign before any changes in coaching staffs will happen.

Herd890
08-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Nice article on Saybein. Sounds like a kid who is maturing and working to become a leader on and off the field.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/high-school/football/clark-is-motivated-leader-for-crusaders/article_eca0bf3b-dc04-5929-a698-ef396b4d472e.amp.html

El_Chapo
08-13-2017, 08:52 PM
Everytime this thead gets bumped I get scared.. :(

bruinbison
10-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Bishop Heelan heading into the Iowa playoffs against Harlan

..........and the bulk of Heelan’s roster is getting its first taste of the playoffs.

“We tried to make them think it means more as coaches, but I really don’t think they understand the former games of Heelan-Harlan,” Steffen said. “Secondly, we weren’t in the playoffs last year and it is all a new experience. I had the people stand up that had any playoff experience on the field and we had two guys.”

Those two come in the form of running backs Saybein Clark and Hope. Clark leads the team with 1,262 yards and 18 touchdowns while Hope has added 493 yards on the ground. However, Clark, who is sixth in Class 3A in rushing, will not be 100 percent for the game.

“Saybein hasn’t practiced the last two days (because he) dislocated his shoulder,” Steffen said. “We will put a brace on him and he will just have to play with a brace on, play hard and play hurt.”

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/high-school/football/classic-matchup-heelan-meets-harlan/article_9d5b5986-8322-5eff-b73a-97eb07bbb3c1.html

Player of the week (Oct 17):

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/high-school/football/metro-athlete-clark-finds-enjoyment-in-senior-season/article_e651b060-255b-5945-9325-a9f5f101a0ee.amp.html

A1pigskin
01-15-2018, 02:56 PM
We robots must think alike. He reminded me of David Johnson too.

The next Tyler Roehl.

23Bison
01-15-2018, 03:56 PM
The next Tyler Roehl.

I hope so!

Mr. Burgundy
01-15-2018, 05:18 PM
I hope so!

A very much every down back. Big kid. A lot of John Crockett comparison with this kid.

Bison20
01-15-2018, 09:23 PM
And to think he can come in and get a full year to learn the system and work with Kramer. He could be a beast.

tolnabison
01-15-2018, 09:34 PM
I posted in the 2018 starters thread what a scout said about him.

Bison20
01-15-2018, 09:37 PM
I posted in the 2018 starters thread what a scout said about him.

It will be nice to have him, Brooks, and Wilson to man the backfield after Anderson and dunn are gone. Not many teams have that luxury

Tony Almeida
01-15-2018, 10:08 PM
The next Tyler Roehl.If this was your best attempt to scare me by bumping this thread, let me tell you something....it worked!

VirginiaBison
07-04-2019, 01:52 AM
2019 Break Through Player Saybein Clark (https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/2725132-Bison-breakthrough-players-in-2019-Saybein-Clark)

Vet70
07-04-2019, 02:08 AM
2019 Break Through Player Saybein Clark (https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/2725132-Bison-breakthrough-players-in-2019-Saybein-Clark)

The bump of this thread was not good for my pacemaker.

23Bison
07-04-2019, 02:24 AM
Can not be said loud enough. I was really dreading what I might see in this bump.

EC8CH
07-04-2019, 02:28 AM
Sphincter check thread bump!

WeAreThePride
01-17-2020, 10:35 AM
So what do we know about Saybein? He wasn't doing a 4 game redshirt this year, was he?

I thought he was great every time he touched the ball, but we haven't seen him in months.

Professor Chaos
01-17-2020, 11:44 AM
Too many mouths to feed at RB especially after Williams came back. Even Kobe got squeezed out. Not sure it'll be a whole lot better for him next year with Wilson coming back but Brooks and Williams gone. He'll likely be 3rd or 4th string. Still that's probably 100+ carries over the course of the season if he stays healthy and it's another 15 game season.

DCinOK
01-17-2020, 01:09 PM

Agreed. Thread bumps like this should be extremely rare and only done after the bumper considers all the ramifications that an unexpected thread bump might illicit to other posters.

Bisonator98
01-17-2020, 01:31 PM
I expected him to compete right away for as highly recruited as he was, hopefully he picks up his game.

El_Chapo
01-17-2020, 01:52 PM
Kobe. Wilson, Saybein will be a great 1-2-3 punch next year.
Wilson will be used more as a slot guy in my opinion. thatll give more Carries to Saybein. and 1 of them will be kick returner

TK Marshall could wreck all of that though.

tolnabison
01-17-2020, 01:53 PM
Wilson will be used more as a slot guy in my opinion. thatll give more Carries to Saybein. and 1 of them will be kick returner

They just going to kick Colfield to the curb?

Professor Chaos
01-17-2020, 01:53 PM

TK Marshall could wreck all of that though.
You're missing a guy that will probably get more carries than all of them next year (and I'm not talking about Trey Lance).

Bison 4 Life
01-17-2020, 02:07 PM
You're missing a guy that will probably get more carries than all of them next year (and I'm not talking about Trey Lance).

LOL. so stacked forgot the only kid who will be a senior next year.

ndsubison1
01-17-2020, 02:17 PM
Clark will get his opportunity if he sticks around. He passed on Iowa to play CB to play RB here.

1. Cofield/Wilson
2. Kobe/Clark
3. Bussey

That's likely order of carries next year. There's a big role for him next year, he was good in between the tackles at times. Reminds me of King Frazier with more upside.

mtoutfitter
01-17-2020, 02:21 PM
They just going to kick Colfield to the curb?

Easy now....El Crappo has spoken!

Bison 4 Life
01-17-2020, 02:30 PM
Clark will get his opportunity if he sticks around. He passed on Iowa to play CB to play RB here.

1. Cofield/Wilson
2. Kobe/Clark
3. Bussey

That's likely order of carries next year. There's a big role for him next year, he was good in between the tackles at times. Reminds me of King Frazier with more upside.

That's 5 RBs that could likely or eventually start for any team in the country. We're so greedy

El_Chapo
01-17-2020, 02:37 PM
Easy now....El Crappo has spoken!

HAHA I thought cofield was a senior. my god we are stacked

AKBison
01-17-2020, 02:45 PM
HAHA I thought cofield was a senior. my god we are stacked

No way everybody stays healthy at rb next year, we were extremely fortunate this year. As long as Williams hasn't lost a step with his injury it will be Seth/Adam and then Kobe as the change of pace guy. Clark could easily fill any of those roles with his running style and will likely have to.

Bison20
01-17-2020, 03:58 PM
No way everybody stays healthy at rb next year, we were extremely fortunate this year. As long as Williams hasn't lost a step with his injury it will be Seth/Adam and then Kobe as the change of pace guy. Clark could easily fill any of those roles with his running style and will likely have to.

I think Clark with be like cofield a couple years ago. Come in later in the game when we are up bigger and grind through the last quarter and a half. Cofield really showed in that same situation before getting his chance once Bruce was gone

wagsabison
01-17-2020, 03:59 PM
Definitely have good depth at RB. Seems like a position where the upperclassmen get the nod even though the young guys have flashes of brilliance

DM05
01-17-2020, 04:58 PM
I wonder if he has trouble in pass protection....seemed like he only got carries late in the game when there was no chance we'd be throwing the ball. Also remember hearing something about him running a bit high during a press conference at some point....

I sure hope he makes a leap from now until fall camp; great size that will be much needed.

noryan34
01-17-2020, 06:01 PM
I bet he sees more action than people think. My guess is they take it easy with Wilson since this is his what second lower body injury at NDSU already. With the stable of running backs wont be much of a reason to push Wilson. Bet Clark sees a lot of time behind Cofield

heffray
01-17-2020, 06:30 PM
I wonder if he has trouble in pass protection....seemed like he only got carries late in the game when there was no chance we'd be throwing the ball. Also remember hearing something about him running a bit high during a press conference at some point....

I sure hope he makes a leap from now until fall camp; great size that will be much needed.

This is a question I had from watching the Natty game. Seemed like in that game specifically, Kobe was in on a few of the passing downs, at least 2 where he was blocking.

Does anyone notice if we have a premier blocker in the backfield? Seems like a guy with Clark's size could be helpful back there, and doesn't hurt that he's a great runner, too.

turkeybucket
12-07-2020, 04:14 AM
Valley News Live reported that Saybein Clark left the program.

El_Chapo
12-07-2020, 04:40 AM

Thats crazy. since on Instagram he's posing with like 6 star players for NDSU 2nite at the Bridges Apart...
and I got tickets for his mom 3 times and they loved it here. oh ohhhhhh

ill text momma tomorrow and have a chat

EC8CH
12-07-2020, 04:57 AM

Fuuuuuuuuuuudge.

El_Chapo
12-07-2020, 05:24 AM
They already pulled him off gobison roster quick like.
I dont like that.......

HerdBot
12-07-2020, 05:43 AM
They already pulled him off gobison roster quick like.
I dont like that.......

He always looked like he should have been playing linebacker instead of running back.

dewey
12-07-2020, 01:34 PM
Too bad to hear him leave the program. He was a big recruit for NDSU out of Iowa years ago.

Good luck to him in the future.

Dewey

El_Chapo
12-07-2020, 02:18 PM
Too bad to hear him leave the program. He was a big recruit for NDSU out of Iowa years ago.

Good luck to him in the future.

Dewey

Think he was top 5 NDSU recruit all time on 24/7 with that Iowa offer attached.

southcliffbison
12-07-2020, 02:40 PM
Think he was top 5 NDSU recruit all time on 24/7 with that Iowa offer attached.

Bishop Heelan High School, Sioux City, IA

El_Chapo
12-07-2020, 03:44 PM
Bishop Heelan High School, Sioux City, IA

yea he was a stud. well, the longer I don't get a reply... the worse the news is I have found :(

Bison Dan
12-07-2020, 04:15 PM
yea he was a stud. well, the longer I don't get a reply... the worse the news is I have found :(

He never stood out.

El_Chapo
12-07-2020, 04:32 PM
He never stood out.

peaked in high school like you?? LOL I keed I keed :D:D:D

Twincitybizon
12-07-2020, 05:16 PM
He never stood out.

Agree, ran like a much smaller man. Didn't put much weight on. Seemed to just not quite figure it out

tony
12-07-2020, 05:34 PM
peaked in high school like you?? LOL I keed I keed :D:D:D

At least he had a peak.

I think my peak was like the highest point in Delaware (the Ebright Azimuth) - I went by without even knowing it.

El_Chapo
12-07-2020, 05:35 PM
At least he had a peak.

I think my peak was like the highest point in Delaware (the Ebright Azimuth) - I went by without even knowing it.

Wilkin County spelling bee Champion and MVP of Little League at 9 for me!! or not.. i dont recall

HerdBot
12-07-2020, 06:36 PM

Seeing Seth Wilson in the Central Arkansas game, he looks just as good as before.

tony
12-07-2020, 08:29 PM
Jeff Kolpack (if that is his real name) is reporting that Saybein is leaving to concentrate on music.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER

I think that might be one of my favorite reasons for a player to leave so far. In fact, I might use it to excuse myself from a social gathering that I no longer want to be part of. "Hey, great party, but I think it's time for me to take off. I want to pursue a career in music."

Snowgoose
12-07-2020, 09:17 PM
Jeff Kolpack (if that is his real name) is reporting that Saybein is leaving to concentrate on music.

I think that might be one of my favorite reasons for a player to leave so far. In fact, I might use it to excuse myself from a social gathering that I no longer want to be part of. "Hey, great party, but I think it's time for me to take off. I want to pursue a career in music."

Didn't Mike Sigers do the same thing? Or was it another RB during that period.

El_Chapo
12-07-2020, 09:20 PM
OH hell ya

I can see TONY bumpin' to this sick beat... (its actually pretty dang good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA6dkRopP48

WeAreThePride
12-08-2020, 12:42 AM
Very disappointed. I thought we had a franchise back who would be able to pound out 20 carries a game for 120 yards. He just never developed.

HerdBot
12-08-2020, 01:24 AM

Good for him. I'll never shit on someone's dreams

123Gobison
12-08-2020, 05:25 AM
Previously a WR from Chicago, Demitrius Gray quit for the same reason. This was during Craig Bohl era.

56BISON73
12-08-2020, 12:25 PM
Previously a WR from Chicago, Demitrius Gray quit for the same reason. This was during Craig Bohl era.

Mike Siegers

123Gobison
12-08-2020, 12:55 PM
Mike Siegers

:cool::cool::cool:

heffray
12-08-2020, 01:14 PM
Good for him. I'll never shit on someone's dreams

Unless that dream is to go to UN_. Then by all means, lets take long, steamy, smelly, messy shits all over it.

HerdBot
12-08-2020, 01:50 PM
Odds of being successful in music is probably greater than being an NFL running back

reformedUNDfan
12-09-2020, 11:09 PM
I always liked the way he ran when he was on the field and I thought he deserved more playing time, Fwiw.

Ndsu really hasn't had any luck with a developing a power back the last few years. 5-9 Lance Dunn was the closest since Morlock, King, and Crocket.

I hope that Leupke can be that guy with so many carries opening up.

bruinbison
12-10-2020, 12:05 PM
I always liked the way he ran when he was on the field and I thought he deserved more playing time, Fwiw.

Ndsu really hasn't had any luck with a developing a power back the last few years. 5-9 Lance Dunn was the closest since Morlock, King, and Crocket.

I hope that Leupke can be that guy with so many carries opening up.

Luepke sure is versatile! Fun to watch......when he is in the Diamond formation he can really get roehling.

Am hoping true FR Dominic Gonnella can be a Morlock type.
The other FR recruit - T.K. Marshall...idk on a comp there - very good vision out of the Deep I...maybe a Seth Wilson vibe...idk