PDA

View Full Version : Things to be Thankful For This Year

tony
11-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Just a reminder: Bison football fans have a lot to be thankful this year. Something to think about while you are having a beer and watching games on Turkey Day.

1. Gobison.com's All Access service - fantastic!
2. Gophers on the 2007 schedule.
3. Ball State on next year's schedule.
4. Another very good looking recruiting class.
5. Finally - offices and lockerrooms in the FargoDome (going to be very cool).
6. Attendance up for the fourth straight year (21,000 more fans in the seats than in 2002 despite playing the same number of home games).
7. Team Makers money up 40% from last year to 1.4 million.
8. Tailgating is still legal.
9. SDSU rivalry is booming and we've got the Marker.
10. The best is yet to come.

BisonBacker
11-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Your right on the money Tony, easy to forget things and take them for granted. We have a great football team and coaching staff. I think you could have listed excellent leadership both on and off the field. Thanks to President Chapman and our AD Gene Taylor for having the vision to make this move years ago. I know this program is headed in the right direction.
Tim Miles has the Mens Basketball program looking good and we have Amy Ruley which needs no more commentary. NDSU is certainly blessed with fantastic people. NDSU is representing the state very well and no matter the score we have a great bunch of people making us proud. :)

WYOBISONMAN
11-22-2005, 04:37 PM
My addition would be that the Mens BB program is clearly moving in the right direction, we have young players and are looking to be a darn exciting program in a year or two. This will bring lots of fans to the games and be a real revenue boost for the athletic department.

RedRiver
11-22-2005, 07:02 PM
11. Initial fundraising exceeded expectations for the NDSU Capitol Campaign, which includes 8.5-15 million for the BSA rennovation.

RedRiver
11-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh my, I guess Tony was more specific to the football program.

bisongold
11-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Should e-mail McFeely the 10 things to be thankful for! He never finds anything good to say.

TransAmBison
11-23-2005, 01:55 AM
He would come up with his top ten complaints.

sambini
11-23-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm thankful for a first class run athletic department and the people in it. Who make beinf a Bison fan and supporter fun and part of the Bison family.

bisoneer
11-23-2005, 03:51 AM
Hat's off to all of the Bison this year, incl. the coaches, players, fans, administration, most of the press and even the announcers. The 7-4 record could have easily been 10-1 with a few breaks and less injuries.

I wish Walker well in his recovery and hope he is back next year. If not, I've seen Mertens play at EGF and what a great athlete he is. Steffes had another phenominal year and he is a clutch player. Chapman will be there too along with Heckendorf & etc, etc.

I like watching the Craig Bohl show on Sun. night with Hall of Famer Phil Hanson. Good luck to all next year.

iamabison
11-23-2005, 03:59 AM
I'm thankful the Bison weren't eligible for the playoffs this year, or those two close road losses (MSU & SIU)would have stung a lot more....

mikelsch
11-23-2005, 04:09 PM
And the home loss to UC Davis would have been absolutely unbearable

bisondad
11-23-2005, 04:47 PM
To quote Bob Holiday from the Bison Insider "It's been a great season, with the Bison playing by far their toughest schedule ever." I'm thankful for that.

TransAmBison
11-23-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm thankful that we play tough games against quality teams. It is awful easy to schedule cupcakes and then pat yourself on the back and say how great you are. This season was great, next season looks even better. Keep it up!