PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Verbal: Bartholomew Ogbu

tony
06-26-2017, 10:23 PM
Dom Izzo's saying Bartholomew gave NDSU a verbal is good enough for me.

6-6 defensive end with amazing burst off the line and good speed after that.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/879458082442686465

Edit: Jeff Culhane tweeted it also and Bartholomew retweeted that tweet. That's a triple-tweet confirmation or something.

bruinbison
06-26-2017, 10:38 PM
Dom Izzo's saying Bartholomew gave NDSU a verbal is good enough for me.

6-6 defensive end with amazing burst off the line and good speed after that.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/879458082442686465

Edit: Jeff Culhane tweeted it also and Bartholomew retweeted that tweet. That's a triple-tweet confirmation or something.

Fantastic to see! Great times for Bison fans!
Ogbu also had Wyoming, SDSU, UNI, Liberty and Fighting Hawks offers

HerdBot
06-27-2017, 12:40 AM
We got ourselves 2 kick ass DEs today. One for each side!

Christopher Moen
06-27-2017, 01:36 AM
We got ourselves 2 kick ass DEs today. One for each side!

Kick-arse bookends?

Mr Meaty
06-27-2017, 02:13 AM
The will be holding many meetings at the qb.

Tony Almeida
06-27-2017, 02:15 AM
Did he have any basketball offers, his highlights would say yes.

bajadanny
06-27-2017, 04:00 AM
Did he have any basketball offers, his highlights would say yes.

This is football man

Iam sure rich man will take care of the bb

THEsocalledfan
06-27-2017, 03:25 PM
I've been wrong many times, but this one smells like a kid who should be playing P5 and fell through the cracks. Thank you again, MN. (I think MN should know by know they need to grab those top tier, ND kids like they did with JJ even if it did not work out.)

bruinbison
06-27-2017, 03:43 PM
For those who did not see it in the recruiting thread, here again is Bartholomew Ogbu's story from the Bismarck Tribune.....

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high-school/ogbu-settling-in-at-shiloh/article_dad54392-c1a6-54a4-b6b9-ad1a463ba428.html

ZHerd
06-27-2017, 03:52 PM
I've been wrong many times, but this one smells like a kid who should be playing P5 and fell through the cracks. Thank you again, MN. (I think MN should know by know they need to grab those top tier, ND kids like they did with JJ even if it did not work out.)

Don't celebrate or thank them yet. They have been signing local kids and we're likely to lose a portion of this class to them or someone else. Hopefully these guys stick with the Bison when offers start coming in

Bisonator98
06-27-2017, 04:40 PM

P5 usually don't go after a 6'6 210lb kid. They are looking for kids that fit the mold already. Be thankful for that because NDSU turns these kids into gems.

Christopher Moen
06-27-2017, 04:52 PM
P5 usually don't go after a 6'6 210lb kid. They are looking for kids that fit the mold already. Be thankful for that because NDSU turns these kids into gems.

A lot of those P5 schools want kids they can "plug in play" and not worry about developing them, at least not to the extent that NDSU does.

Bisonator98
06-27-2017, 04:55 PM
A lot of those P5 schools want kids they can "plug in play" and not worry about developing them, at least not to the extent that NDSU does.

That's what I said.

THEsocalledfan
06-27-2017, 05:08 PM

I have a hard time getting that when it comes to a team like MN or Iowa St. I'd think kids ready made out of high school are few and far in between. Then, you have a kid like this with a huge frame and sounds very athletic? How does a MN pass on that?

Christopher Moen
06-27-2017, 05:17 PM
That's what I said.

Soooo, we agree????

Bisonator98
06-27-2017, 05:19 PM
I have a hard time getting that when it comes to a team like MN or Iowa St. I'd think kids ready made out of high school are few and far in between. Then, you have a kid like this with a huge frame and sounds very athletic? How does a MN pass on that?

Remember these are 2018 recruits. If he adds weight this year he'll get some more offers but P5's already are stacked with the same type of kids.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits

Bisonator98
06-27-2017, 05:20 PM
Soooo, we agree????

Apparently. :)

Christopher Moen
06-27-2017, 05:22 PM

Not all, or even many, coaches are good at developing players.

I know from experience in wrestling (not at NDSU) that the head honcho who makes the biggest amount of dollars is actually the worst coach in the room, especially in regards to teaching technique.

HerdBot
06-27-2017, 05:27 PM
Can't wait to see what our Strength and Conditioning coaches can do with a 6-6 frame. Kid needs to pack on a ton of muscle but the upside is nuts!

bruinbison
06-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Remember these are 2018 recruits. If he adds weight this year he'll get some more offers but P5's already are stacked with the same type of kids.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits

IIRC Ryan Burns has been posting that Minnesota's recruiting class is ranked 20-21 in the country this year.
The Gopher's were pleased with the verbal a couple days ago of DE Mayan Ahanotu, Tampa Florida,
6' 3" 245, 3 stars, with reported offers from Oklahoma, Michigan State, Maryland and California.
(just a tish better than a Wyoming offer, much as I enjoy seeing NDSU win a recruiting battle with the Cowboys.....:))
19 commits so far for Coach Fleck. Hope he keeps it going, lots of talent in ND, Iowa,
Wisconsin and Minnesota itself for the Bison to give an opportunity to.....

Mr. Burgundy
06-27-2017, 07:22 PM
This is the type of kid that is almost impossible to recruit to the Big Ten. I actually understand why they don't offer him. He is not dominant in small time ND football...which is borderline awful. He is an athletic freak who is absolutely just learning the game. This is like the WOlves drafting Lavine when he didn't even start at UCLA in hoops. 3 years later he averages 20 ppg. Patience on this kid. He could be the best kid in the class, and has a long ways to go, but he just killed the camp and they really pushed him. He had to prove some things and he did. We simply do not get that type of body at NDSU. Kid is a freak, and I am excited to see what he looks like in 3 years. Welcome to NDSU. His story will be told someday and it is amazing. You root for kids like this. Locking up ND. Again.

THEsocalledfan
06-27-2017, 07:37 PM
This is the type of kid that is almost impossible to recruit to the Big Ten. I actually understand why they don't offer him. He is not dominant in small time ND football...which is borderline awful. He is an athletic freak who is absolutely just learning the game. This is like the WOlves drafting Lavine when he didn't even start at UCLA in hoops. 3 years later he averages 20 ppg. Patience on this kid. He could be the best kid in the class, and has a long ways to go, but he just killed the camp and they really pushed him. He had to prove some things and he did. We simply do not get that type of body at NDSU. Kid is a freak, and I am excited to see what he looks like in 3 years. Welcome to NDSU. His story will be told someday and it is amazing. You root for kids like this. Locking up ND. Again.

Thanx, Burgundy. Explains this as well.

HerdBot
06-27-2017, 10:31 PM
IIRC Ryan Burns has been posting that Minnesota's recruiting class is ranked 20-21 in the country this year.
The Gopher's were pleased with the verbal a couple days ago of DE Mayan Ahanotu, Tampa Florida,
6' 3" 245, 3 stars, with reported offers from Oklahoma, Michigan State, Maryland and California.
(just a tish better than a Wyoming offer, much as I enjoy seeing NDSU win a recruiting battle with the Cowboys.....:))
19 commits so far for Coach Fleck. Hope he keeps it going, lots of talent in ND, Iowa,
Wisconsin and Minnesota itself for the Bison to give an opportunity to.....

The more 4 star kids he recruits means more under recruited players we can develop into 4 star kids or NFL draft picks. Different formula but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

natstar1
06-29-2017, 08:09 PM
This is the type of kid that is almost impossible to recruit to the Big Ten. I actually understand why they don't offer him. He is not dominant in small time ND football...which is borderline awful.
I casually watched a Shiloh game on BEK last year and I didn't even know he played football until I opened this thread.

Bison"FANatic"
09-07-2017, 01:02 AM
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4323760-akiris-path-bomb-ridden-nigeria-oak-grove-football-field-was-long-journey

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2017, 11:57 AM
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4323760-akiris-path-bomb-ridden-nigeria-oak-grove-football-field-was-long-journey

Just when I hate the Forum, they actually practice something called journalism. This was quite a fantastic read.

Snowgoose
09-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Just when I hate the Forum, they actually practice something called journalism. This was quite a fantastic read.

That is a great article and from personal experience Bartholomew is absolutely a great kid and will represent NDSU well.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2017, 01:20 PM
That is a great article and from personal experience Bartholomew is absolutely a great kid and will represent NDSU well.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38286-2018-Verbal-Bartholomew-Ogbu

That is who I have heard. Is there any P5 kids this year? Sometimes, we don't hear about those as well as we should as casual followers.

bruinbison
11-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Bismarck Shiloh Christian advances to Dakota Bowl with 35-30 victory over New Salem-Almont-Glen Ullin.

Bartholomew Ogbu with 2 receptions for 51 yards and a 2 pt conversion catch.

With the victory, the Skyhawks earned a trip to the Fargodome for the second time in school history. Shiloh will play unbeaten Wyndmere-Lidgerwood for the state championship on Friday at 9:10 a.m.

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/fagerland-powers-shiloh-to-dakota-bowl/article_507e78cd-e01c-58b7-bffd-37ff768a8e9a.html

bruinbison
11-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Bartholomew Ogbu listed as Shiloh Christian’s leading tackler with 56.
Shiloh Christian’s DakotaBowl game against Wyndmere-Lidgerwood is at 9:10 today on WDAY tv.

A1pigskin
11-11-2017, 12:38 AM
Awesome!! I look forward to watching him play.

ndsubison1
01-23-2018, 04:42 AM
Interesting

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/basketball/shiloh-s-ogbu-done-in-basketball/article_d55f2d6e-6056-5a3a-a61f-bb09f0b8c1b8.html

MinotBison
01-23-2018, 04:54 AM
Interesting

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/basketball/shiloh-s-ogbu-done-in-basketball/article_d55f2d6e-6056-5a3a-a61f-bb09f0b8c1b8.html

Did Shiloh Christian just now determine this (using up his eligibility), or had they known all along and opted not to tell anyone?

HerdistheWord
01-23-2018, 11:19 AM
Did Shiloh Christian just now determine this (using up his eligibility), or had they known all along and opted not to tell anyone?

Schooling down there is not the same as schooling up here. This seems like someone did some political maneuvering due to butthurt. If the kid meets academic standards, then he should be allowed to play while attending high school. Using his foreign education from an underdeveloped country to disqualify him when he hasn't even played 4 years stateside just seems wrong. I can understand some eligibility age limits, but 19 isn't mich different than 18. I can also understand a 4 year eligibility rule for kids that attend schools of similar stature (i.e. 4 maximum years at an ND high school or even a statside high schhol). It just seems cruel to cut him off mid-season. He may not have even had an opportunity to play basketball at his old school. I am guessing that his height and physical stature have more to do with this than anything.

Mr Meaty
01-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Schooling down there is not the same as schooling up here. This seems like someone did some political maneuvering due to butthurt. If the kid meets academic standards, then he should be allowed to play while attending high school. Using his foreign education from an underdeveloped country to disqualify him when he hasn't even played 4 years stateside just seems wrong. I can understand some eligibility age limits, but 19 isn't mich different than 18. I can also understand a 4 year eligibility rule for kids that attend schools of similar stature (i.e. 4 maximum years at an ND high school or even a statside high schhol). It just seems cruel to cut him off mid-season. He may not have even had an opportunity to play basketball at his old school. I am guessing that his height and physical stature have more to do with this than anything.

He can focus on football. More time for strength training and conditioning. Less chance to get hurt playing basketball. But yes it does suck that he can not play hoops do to this. Sports is the only reason high school was there for me. lol

ByeSonBusiness
01-23-2018, 01:08 PM
He's got a great name.

Professor Chaos
01-23-2018, 01:19 PM
He's got a great name.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SaQz3-SLCTo/TqxAjXua-QI/AAAAAAAAASY/RPIaHNcCoc4/s1600/barfolomew.jpg

Bisonator98
01-23-2018, 03:40 PM
Yeah seems like a convenient time to enforce some stupid rule. Sucks for the kid to be caught up in this BS.

bruinbison
01-23-2018, 04:08 PM
Interesting

Did like reading this part:

Ogbu, an all-state football player and an honor student at Shiloh, recently signed on to play football at North Dakota State University.

“Fortunately for Bartholomew he has a lot to look forward to,” Miller said. “He has a wonderful opportunity ahead of him and he’s really excited about it. Now he's focused on getting ready to play football for the Bison.”

Snowgoose
01-24-2018, 01:27 AM
THe situation was 100% politically motivated and would not have happened at a public school. bartholomew did not even play varsity athletics his first two semesters and never really played before he got here. People out west hate the private schools when it comes to athletics.

tjbison
01-24-2018, 01:34 AM
THe situation was 100% politically motivated and would not have happened at a public school. bartholomew did not even play varsity athletics his first two semesters and never really played before he got here. People out west hate the private schools when it comes to athletics.

Nd should make a Private only conference imo

Professor Chaos
01-24-2018, 01:15 PM
Nd should make a Private only conference imo
Or do what SD does and expand to 3 classes where all the privates are in class A (or whatever the middle class is called) with the mid-size publics like the Beulahs, Graftons, and Valley Citys around the state.

HerdBot
01-24-2018, 02:01 PM
I don't think I have ever heard of something like this. Bummer for him. On the positive side he needs to add some serious weight to his frame and playing basketball makes that very difficult. Adding minimum 20 pounds to his frame will take some serious effort. This way he can focus on this and he could see the field faster. When this kid is 240 he's going to be a hell of a player

Bison_Pyro
01-24-2018, 02:47 PM

I have a gut feeling that you are 100% correct. Can't help but feel bad for him.

North End Zone Resident
01-24-2018, 05:13 PM
Or do what SD does and expand to 3 classes where all the privates are in class A (or whatever the middle class is called) with the mid-size publics like the Beulahs, Graftons, and Valley Citys around the state.

According to some, 3 classes would "ruin the B" IMO, the allowance of class A schools that could't compete and the private schools ruined the B a long time ago. Don't worry yourselves, Shiloh will be just fine.

Professor Chaos
01-24-2018, 05:22 PM
According to some, 3 classes would "ruin the B" IMO, the allowance of class A schools that could't compete and the private schools ruined the B a long time ago. Don't worry yourselves, Shiloh will be just fine.
Yep, it's the old ND mentality that "we hate change" and that all change has to be bad. I agree that it would make "the B" better to not have Bishop Ryan, Dickinson Trinity, Oak Grove, Shiloh Christian, etc as half the participants each year.

mtoutfitter
01-24-2018, 05:39 PM

Speaking as a guy who grew up "out west" in Killdeer here's my two cents. Situation at Shiloh seems to be similar to what New England St Marys was in the 70s. It was very hard for teams like Killdeer to compete with them when they could so to say recruit. Very few of the kids on their BB and Wrestling teams, who were very good by the way, were from NE. The head of the school, Father, can't remember the last name would go out get kids and bring em there. Don't think a lot of them were even Catholic BUT they were all good athletes. All in all it sucks for Ogbu but I'm sure some area residents are soured by the same things that soured us back then. Also about half of these kids' parents didn't have to pay.

StL Bison Fan
01-24-2018, 05:49 PM
My kids were recruited to go to private school.
I got to pay $7200 plus books and fees and my kid got to start on the football team

ndsubison1
01-24-2018, 11:00 PM

Our Reedemers in Class A sounds like a great idea

capitalcitybison
01-25-2018, 01:30 AM
10 private schools have won the class b state title since 1933. The problem with class b isn't the private schools it is everyone is moving to larger cities. In the area where I grew up there were 10 high schools in the county or just on the border. That was 1987. Today there is 3 with one of those not to many years away from closing. Not all privates are equal either Minot Ryan went from class A to having to petition to play 11 man instead of 9 man football. They are hardly in a position to give free tuition

56BISON73
01-25-2018, 01:58 AM
My kids were recruited to go to private school.
I got to pay $7200 plus books and fees and my kid got to start on the football team

Sounds like a great deal.:biggrin:

reformedUNDfan
01-25-2018, 04:15 AM

this sounds ideal

southcliffbison
01-25-2018, 02:13 PM

It does fit in nicely with their 7 classes of football. Championship weekend in the DakotaDome takes 3 days. For a high school football junkie, it's nirvana.

Tony Almeida
01-25-2018, 10:23 PM
I can't speak for private schools in this area but out west in Dickinson, nobody was recruiting anyone.

tjbison
01-25-2018, 10:49 PM
I can't speak for private schools in this area but out west in Dickinson, nobody was recruiting anyone.

Which is also why Trinity has fallen compared to Shiloh, Ryan, Our Redeemers, Shanley. They were pretty powerful in the late 90's for HS football

Tony Almeida
01-25-2018, 10:52 PM
Which is also why Trinity has fallen compared to Shiloh, Ryan, Our Redeemers, Shanley. They were pretty powerful in the late 90's for HS footballEarly 2000's as well, but you're not suggesting they once did recruit back then are you? Because that would be false as well.

tjbison
01-25-2018, 10:54 PM
Early 2000's as well, but you're not suggesting they once did recruit back then are you? Because that would be false as well.

nope, but they are falling behind schools that do, Shiloh does for sure especially Girls BBall

Tony Almeida
01-25-2018, 10:58 PM
nope, but they are falling behind schools that do, Shiloh does for sure especially Girls BBallAgreed...:(

Snowgoose
01-26-2018, 01:52 PM
nope, but they are falling behind schools that do, Shiloh does for sure especially Girls BBall

The answer to Shiloh recruiting is, NO. The school does not recruit at all. In fact they have had such turnover in administration you would be blaming lots of different people as they have had 3 activity directors and 3 superintendents in three years. I will say that families that attend all private schools recruit their friends which there is no way to prevent. If there kids are playing traveling ball together they of course discuss their education.

The reason Trinity has fallen a little is their enrollment has to have fallen since the early 90's as they were once Class A in everything. The reason for the uptic in the private schools in the state tournaments has to do with the fact of decreased enrollment statewide while the privates enrollment stays relatively flat. For instance, I attended Oak Grove in the early 90's and the class sizes are very similar to now at 30-50 kids per class. Shiloh only graduated 19 kids last year but will average somewhere around 30-35 going forward which will move them up to 11 man football, which is my opinion better fits their program anyway. The non-Catholic schools tend to be much smaller than their Catholic counterparts due to cost. Cost is about 40% less to attend the Catholic privates. Also, the non-Catholic privates have only won a couple of state championships in major sports ever. Oak Grove has a few, Shiloh has one, Our Redeemers and Williston Trinity don't have any I believe. So it is not like the non-catholics are dominating titles. You could argue why does Linton make the state tourney every year in BB it seems. Well they have good coaching.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think the Bison are cheating cause they are winning? People that are not Bison fans are wondering if they are. Winning causes people to accuse people of false things. I personally think the Bison are dominating because of their culture and coaching. I also wonder if the FCS is a little watered down. Sounds kind of like Class B basketball in my opinion.

Professor Chaos
01-26-2018, 02:22 PM
The answer to Shiloh recruiting is, NO. The school does not recruit at all. In fact they have had such turnover in administration you would be blaming lots of different people as they have had 3 activity directors and 3 superintendents in three years. I will say that families that attend all private schools recruit their friends which there is no way to prevent. If there kids are playing traveling ball together they of course discuss their education.

The reason Trinity has fallen a little is their enrollment has to have fallen since the early 90's as they were once Class A in everything. The reason for the uptic in the private schools in the state tournaments has to do with the fact of decreased enrollment statewide while the privates enrollment stays relatively flat. For instance, I attended Oak Grove in the early 90's and the class sizes are very similar to now at 30-50 kids per class. Shiloh only graduated 19 kids last year but will average somewhere around 30-35 going forward which will move them up to 11 man football, which is my opinion better fits their program anyway. The non-Catholic schools tend to be much smaller than their Catholic counterparts due to cost. Cost is about 40% less to attend the Catholic privates. Also, the non-Catholic privates have only won a couple of state championships in major sports ever. Oak Grove has a few, Shiloh has one, Our Redeemers and Williston Trinity don't have any I believe. So it is not like the non-catholics are dominating titles. You could argue why does Linton make the state tourney every year in BB it seems. Well they have good coaching.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think the Bison are cheating cause they are winning? People that are not Bison fans are wondering if they are. Winning causes people to accuse people of false things. I personally think the Bison are dominating because of their culture and coaching. I also wonder if the FCS is a little watered down. Sounds kind of like Class B basketball in my opinion.
No I don't. For the Bison I think it all starts with recruiting well. :biggrin:

I don't know for sure whether the privates recruit or not but it's not just coaching that gets them more success on average than similarly sized public schools in the rural areas. It's the fact that they have year round training facilities in their town with a higher number of competitors that also train year around (and, as the saying goes, "iron sharpens iron"). Also the families they come from generally make their fair share of money as well so they have the resources to send their kids to camps or fully utilize those training facilities that most families in rural communities don't have.

Snowgoose
01-26-2018, 02:34 PM
No I don't. For the Bison I think it all starts with recruiting well. :biggrin:

I don't know for sure whether the privates recruit or not but it's not just coaching that gets them more success on average than similarly sized public schools in the rural areas. It's the fact that they have year round training facilities in their town with a higher number of competitors that also train year around. Also the families they come from generally make their fair share of money as well so they have the resources to send their kids to camps or fully utilize those training facilities.

You have a point as well. Also, the center part of this state is going to have hardly any rural towns left in ten years. Only in the NW and East are the small towns still surviving. Shiloh for instance made it to their second football championship ever this year barely beating our a very good New Salem team. When Shiloh goes 11 man they will have a much more difficult time because they will be a small school in that class size.

I am not opposed to having a three class system if it is what the kids want and is what is best for the kids not their parents. However, grouping the privates into one is a little overboard as there is such a difference in size from say an Our Redeemers to a Shanley (I bet the class sizes are almost 10 times as big).

As far as better recruiting for NDSU, Mr Nelson in the twin cities believes Leidner would have gone as high as Wentz if he went to NDSU so maybe its the coaching, purple of course.

rutlandbison
01-26-2018, 07:36 PM

I'm sure that's why the kids that have transferred into those private schools transferred in, the education. I can see it now. Man, I have an awesome history teacher! You should come to Oak Grove to experience it! Yeah, sure, we can play basketball together, but you should really come for the education. Good one. Without a school district, Oak Grove has a much bigger player pool to draw from than the region 1 teams they face. How many times over the past dozen years has Oak Grove been to the Region 1 final? Go look it up. Also, about that recruiting bit. I find it astonishing that Oak Grove can field a number of sub-par C and JV basketball teams, but out of nowhere their varsity teams are quite good. There have a been a few instances over the years when kids just kind of show up. That Holt kid that transferred in. A Kretchman as well

bruinbison
07-14-2018, 11:56 AM
Bartholomeh Ogbu article - playing in today’s ND 9-man Shrine Bowl game

https://bismarcktribune.com/sports/football/ogbu-busy-getting-ready-with-bison/article_64c231fe-f57d-5973-af44-891f482c0454.html

Also on the roster for the 11 man game is Fargo Oak Grove’s Ben Hoggarth.

Bison Dan
07-14-2018, 12:01 PM
Bartholomeh Ogbu article - playing in today’s ND 9-man Shrine Bowl game

https://bismarcktribune.com/sports/football/ogbu-busy-getting-ready-with-bison/article_64c231fe-f57d-5973-af44-891f482c0454.html

Also on the roster for the 11 man game is Fargo Oak Grove’s Ben Hoggarth.

Sounds like he has a great attitude and will be a good one..

Scooter1
07-16-2018, 01:14 AM
I'm sure that's why the kids that have transferred into those private schools transferred in, the education. I can see it now. Man, I have an awesome history teacher! You should come to Oak Grove to experience it! Yeah, sure, we can play basketball together, but you should really come for the education. Good one. Without a school district, Oak Grove has a much bigger player pool to draw from than the region 1 teams they face. How many times over the past dozen years has Oak Grove been to the Region 1 final? Go look it up. Also, about that recruiting bit. I find it astonishing that Oak Grove can field a number of sub-par C and JV basketball teams, but out of nowhere their varsity teams are quite good. There have a been a few instances over the years when kids just kind of show up. That Holt kid that transferred in. A Kretchman as well

You have no idea what you are talking about.

steelbison
07-16-2018, 02:28 PM

Sure he does. He is right on the money. I have a friend who's daughter applied to Shiloh. She was a very good student but not an athlete. she didn't get accepted. Now if she was a C student but a good basketball player she would be there without any issue.

If you can't see the major advantages the Private schools have in Class B you are blind. It's not a level playing field.

IndyBison
07-16-2018, 04:48 PM
Sure he does. He is right on the money. I have a friend who's daughter applied to Shiloh. She was a very good student but not an athlete. she didn't get accepted. Now if she was a C student but a good basketball player she would be there without any issue.

If you can't see the major advantages the Private schools have in Class B you are blind. It's not a level playing field.When I was in high school most of the private schools were in Class A (Trinity, St. Mary's, Ryan, Shanley). Oak Grove was Class B but I don't remember them doing much. There seems to be a lot more private schools now. This is a common problem in many states and there have been multiple solutions attempted (Indiana uses a success factor to bump up any school with sustained success). Remember private schools have to recruit all their students. No matter what they do the athletics issue will always be questioned. Public schools recruit just as much for athletics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Snowgoose
07-16-2018, 08:44 PM

If you can't see the major advantages the Private schools have in Class B you are blind. It's not a level playing field.

Sorry, but you actually have no idea what you are talking about and if your friend told you they were not accepted based on the facts you described it is factually a lie. Most non catholic Private schools struggle mightily with general fund revenue and thus need as many students as they can to be able to pay staff and balance the budget. They would never turn down a student as you describe. Believe me I know. Private schools like Shiloh accept all the students they can get accept for a major reason such as the family does not agree with the Christian code established by a school upfront. The vast majority of the time families don't come after they find out how much it is going to cost.

As I said in a previous post, private schools do have an advantage, but. that is mainly the result of dwindling school enrollments around the state in Class B. I attended Oak Grove for two years in the early 90's and they had not won a state basketball title since 67 at that point. Their rise has happened as the result of increased enrollment while other schools are slowly decreasing outside of their region. Also, big city kids just have more resources to their disposal if they take advantage of them.

natstar1
07-17-2018, 05:20 PM

Shiloh doesn't like money. Right.

bison_by_blood
07-17-2018, 10:44 PM
First off, I sure hope private schools are recruiting students. That’s someone’s job to keep up enrollment so the school, you know, stays open. Whether said person targets good athletes...I’m sure it happens naturally but I’ve never seen evidence of it from an administrative standpoint. But the privates are inherently disadvantaged by excluding non-religious and lower income families (God might not be a deal-breaker, but $$$ definitely is). So enrollment will always be less at privates thus relegating them to lower classses. However, due to various socio-economic reasons pointed out previously, the kids going to private schools are more likely to be involved athletically. So yeah, those schools might be slightly more successful. Not by any nefarious means, just the simple fact that typically a higher percentage of students have also been involved in athletics their whole life. If you consider that not a level playing field, I’d say you’re just jealous.

BisonNeil
07-18-2018, 02:13 AM
You have a point as well. Also, the center part of this state is going to have hardly any rural towns left in ten years. Only in the NW and East are the small towns still surviving. Shiloh for instance made it to their second football championship ever this year barely beating our a very good New Salem team. When Shiloh goes 11 man they will have a much more difficult time because they will be a small school in that class size.

I am not opposed to having a three class system if it is what the kids want and is what is best for the kids not their parents. However, grouping the privates into one is a little overboard as there is such a difference in size from say an Our Redeemers to a Shanley (I bet the class sizes are almost 10 times as big).

As far as better recruiting for NDSU, Mr Nelson in the twin cities believes Leidner would have gone as high as Wentz if he went to NDSU so maybe its the coaching, purple of course.

I don’t know who Mr Nelson is but Tommy Olson, a former center for the Goohers and his brother played LT, is the one who said that first on KFAN during the Power Trip morning show. He was ridiculed severely and ended up winning the Preposterous Statement tournament run by the Common Man on the same network.

ndsubison1
07-18-2018, 02:56 PM
When I was in high school most of the private schools were in Class A (Trinity, St. Mary's, Ryan, Shanley). Oak Grove was Class B but I don't remember them doing much. There seems to be a lot more private schools now. This is a common problem in many states and there have been multiple solutions attempted (Indiana uses a success factor to bump up any school with sustained success). Remember private schools have to recruit all their students. No matter what they do the athletics issue will always be questioned. Public schools recruit just as much for athletics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. My family chose to attend a private school.

Ndsu84
07-24-2018, 02:07 AM

I don’t see anything wrong in what he said.

We played against the same kids in our district from 3rd grade through our senior year. But Oak Grove’s star players were usually kids we had never seen before.

Scooter1
07-24-2018, 03:03 AM
I don’t see anything wrong in what he said.

We played against the same kids in our district from 3rd grade through our senior year. But Oak Grove’s star players were usually kids we had never seen before.

You truly have no idea what you are talking about. The focus at Oak Grove isn't sports. There wasn't one kid in school when I went there who was recruited for sports. I wish they did recruit for sports. Maybe then I wouldn't have had to have a summer job (and a work aid job at school) to help pay for the tuition. I routinely get asked for donations and the one thing that never is on the request...to help recruit for sports.

Christopher Moen
07-24-2018, 03:13 AM
So, this Bartholomew Ogbu guy, how does his future look?

Scooter1
07-24-2018, 03:31 AM
This kid is going to be an All-American or at least All MVC.

I cant believe Oak Grove lost the recruiting battle for this guy.:hide:

Vet70
07-24-2018, 12:11 PM
So, this Bartholomew Ogbu guy, how does his future look?

Is this the right thread for this type of question?

Snowgoose
07-24-2018, 03:05 PM
Ogbu has the skill set to be great, but he has a lot of learning to do. I suppose other redshirt freshman do as well, but his curve is a little bigger with just starting football a few years ago. This redshirt season will be great for him.

Bisman
02-04-2020, 01:40 PM
A nice story about Barty Ogbu at Bison Illustrated: https://www.bisonillustrated.com/rise-bartholomew-ogbu/

Professor Chaos
02-04-2020, 04:48 PM
I'm on the Barty bandwagon... I think he's got the potential to be the next great one in the Emanuel-Menard-Tuszka line of DEs.

Bisonator98
02-04-2020, 05:11 PM
We need a big year from him IMO.

SkolMitzel
02-04-2020, 09:02 PM
I'm on the Barty bandwagon... I think he's got the potential to be the next great one in the Emanuel-Menard-Tuszka line of DEs.
He definitely has the potential. He's an athletic freak. If he can put it all together the sky's the limit.

THEsocalledfan
02-05-2020, 01:00 AM
You guys see that video from the weight room a while back without shirts? Dude is seriously cut up like Chris Board was/is.

AKBison
02-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Why doesn't gobison list him as a Redshirt Freshman this year? Isn't he a 2018 recruit?

Snowgoose
02-05-2020, 05:17 PM
Why doesn't gobison list him as a Redshirt Freshman this year? Isn't he a 2018 recruit?

I can't figure out what year he is. He also lost a year to injury this year.

westnodak93bison
02-05-2020, 05:18 PM
I can't figure out what year he is. He also lost a year to injury this year.RSo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
02-05-2020, 06:25 PM
Hopefully he didnt lose a year of eligibility.

Snowgoose
02-05-2020, 07:13 PM
RSo

One thing i am sure of is he is not a redshirt sophomore. This is his second year at NDSU. Unless you mean he is going to be a redshirt sophomore next year. I don't know if he lost a year of eligibility as a result of being an international student as that is why he didn't play any games last year when he was supposedly redshirting.

westnodak93bison
02-05-2020, 07:14 PM
One thing i am sure of is he is not a redshirt sophomore. This is his second year at NDSU. Unless you mean he is going to be a redshirt sophomore next year. I don't know if he lost a year of eligibility as a result of being an international student as that is why he didn't play any games last year when he was supposedly redshirting.Yeah that is what I meant. 2019 is over

tolnabison
01-13-2022, 08:50 PM
Ogbu enters the transfer portal.

https://twitter.com/ogbub1/status/1481743378031296513?s=20

HerdBot
01-13-2022, 10:34 PM

That's too bad, such an interesting story about a guy who didn't play football until late in high school. I assume it's probably about lack of playing time because he didn't take any meaningful snaps last year. If you remove Valpo, he had 1 sack and 2 tackles as a senior. If he ever had a chance to contribute, it's probably next year but I wish him well.

EC8CH
01-13-2022, 10:44 PM

Hope he finds a spot where he can get playing time and he enjoyed his time at NDSU. Remarkable for a guy who didn't play football until high school.

123Gobison
01-14-2022, 02:48 AM
He reminds me of one troubled soul called , Chucks Amaechi, very talented but could not fight his demons. Barty is Chucks without the curse.

HerdBot
01-14-2022, 03:48 AM
He reminds me of one troubled soul called , Chucks Amaechi, very talented but could not fight his demons. Barty is Chucks without the curse.

Apples to oranges for sure. Really the only thing they had in common was being Nigerian lol That's about as relevant as NDSU having 2 unrelated Norwegian players

Barty was an academic honor roll. Chucks wasn't and had to transfer to a Juco. Chucks was born here and had a football background. I think he had a cousin in the NFL and was related to Jordan Champion. Barty wasn't born here and had little to no experience playing football.

However Chucks had a great senior season at Georgia

I think we may have put him at the wrong position though. He was a great linebacker at Georgia and we tried go make him a DE

56BISON73
01-14-2022, 04:16 AM

Swing and a miss. Again

unbison
01-14-2022, 04:27 AM
Swing and a miss. Again

I was lost as well….

Bisonator98
01-14-2022, 12:35 PM
Good luck to him! I had high hopes he would develop into a destroyer but it never really materialized.

El_Chapo
01-14-2022, 07:08 PM
UMary or Minot St? go be a star there

THEsocalledfan
01-14-2022, 07:27 PM
UMary or Minot St? go be a star there

Clearly a FCS level player in my eyes. Just could not break through with NDSU recruiting being what it is.

Mr Meaty
02-24-2022, 12:32 PM
Looks like UNI is his landing spot? Saw something last night but cannot find it this morning. Anyone else confirm or deny this?

tony
02-24-2022, 12:53 PM
Looks like UNI is his landing spot? Saw something last night but cannot find it this morning. Anyone else confirm or deny this?

Yeah, I just saw a tweet to that effect.

tolnabison
02-24-2022, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I just saw a tweet to that effect.

https://twitter.com/ogbub1/status/1496631241868820481?s=20&t=U7XcXq_Pbr_LergKUzDcQQ

Could mean a scholarship opportunity? Could mean a walk-on opportunity? I don't think it means he committed, but maybe.

Kevin
02-24-2022, 01:20 PM
Once a Bison always a.... wait, UNI? No.

Every rule has an exception.

tony
02-24-2022, 02:12 PM
Once a Bison always a.... wait, UNI? No.

Every rule has an exception.

This we can agree on.

Professor Chaos
02-24-2022, 02:45 PM
They're probably just offering him to see what a national championship ring looks like. /maybepurple :biggrin:

tony
02-24-2022, 02:48 PM
They're probably just offering him to see what a national championship ring looks like. /maybepurple :biggrin:

Well, it's definitely purple now. But, yeah, that's an interesting point - does he wear those rings in Cedar Falls?

El_Chapo
02-24-2022, 09:31 PM
und 1 hour ago. bahaha

talk about the penthouse to the outhouse

he's holding out for a FBS offer. just watch

StL Bison Fan
04-04-2022, 03:54 PM
Heading to UND. Did no one else come calling?

El_Chapo
04-04-2022, 04:00 PM

0 offers, same as seth anderson & romfro & every other player on that roster.

tjbison
04-04-2022, 04:02 PM

lol..wtf what a terrible move, but guessing he will be top dog there.

tolnabison
04-04-2022, 04:21 PM
0 offers, same as seth anderson & romfro & every other player on that roster.

Anderson new he was transferring to UND as soon as hit the portal.

Romfo was a walk-on here, he is a walk-on there.

Ogbu had portal offers from UND, Robert Morris, Albany, UNI, Southeastern Louisiana

El_Chapo
04-04-2022, 04:30 PM

Ogbu had portal offers from UND, Robert Morris, Albany, UNI, Southeastern Louisiana

LOL didn't see those. UNI is the only team on that list, but he'd have to work to become a starter there.

WeAreThePride
04-04-2022, 05:11 PM

Romfo's twin brother is at UND, right?

The_Sicatoka
04-04-2022, 05:18 PM
Romfo's twin brother is at UND, right?

That's a good bingo.

ndsubison1
04-04-2022, 06:26 PM
lol..wtf what a terrible move, but guessing he will be top dog there.

He almost never played here. Plenty of opportunity for him.

steelbison
04-05-2022, 01:15 AM
Great athlete. Horrible football player. My friend who watched him in High School said he would never play here. He was right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebigund
04-05-2022, 01:20 PM
Great athlete. Horrible football player. My friend who watched him in High School said he would never play here. He was right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something something player development

southcliffbison
04-05-2022, 02:22 PM
Ogbu certainly is better then he was in high school ; it's just that others in his class developed better, quicker, and faster then he did. By Bison standards, he wasn't very good which means he has the opportunity to start for the fawkers.

daddy daycare
04-05-2022, 03:04 PM
Best of luck to him.

Bison Dan
04-05-2022, 03:50 PM

Something hawkers are sorely lacking. Good luck with our 3's and 4's, I guess they'll start for you guys.

EC8CH
04-05-2022, 04:30 PM

Kid was a project from day one. Some projects don't work out.... then they go to a lower level program.

unbison
04-05-2022, 06:45 PM
Best of luck to him.

I am with you good luck

El_Chapo
04-05-2022, 07:29 PM
Something hawkers are sorely lacking. Good luck with our 3's and 4's, I guess they'll start for you guys.

of course!!!

thebigund
04-05-2022, 07:29 PM

Thing is, you guys have hung your hat on being teh best at player development. So do you actually develop players here? Because “great athlete, bad at football” sounds like a perfect recipe for a great player going through a program touted as a player developer. Unless you guys have always been, gasp, full of shit.

Bison Dan
04-05-2022, 07:48 PM
Thing is, you guys have hung your hat on being teh best at player development. So do you actually develop players here? Because “great athlete, bad at football” sounds like a perfect recipe for a great player going through a program touted as a player developer. Unless you guys have always been, gasp, full of shit.

Yes 9 out 11 NC's - I think that says it all about player development.

mtoutfitter
04-05-2022, 07:51 PM

Some people/athletes do have ceilings. Or maybe, Gasp....the Bison just recruit better players?

thebigund
04-05-2022, 07:51 PM
Yes 9 out 11 NC's - I think that says it all about player development.

The only coach I’m sold on actually developing guys is Kramer. Though I’m sure you have an exhaustive list of guys that have been developed from raw athletes to actual football players.

thebigund
04-05-2022, 07:52 PM
Some people/athletes do have ceilings. Or maybe, Gasp....the Bison just recruit better players?

No shit, this is my point. The player development angle has always been bullshit.

mtoutfitter
04-05-2022, 07:55 PM
No shit, this is my point. The player development angle has always been bullshit.

Like I said....maybe he has hit his ceiling or plateaued out? Either way....good luck to him. Guess it goes to show that the "Monopoly" in ND is truly over with UN_ getting these Bison transfers. Last sentence is very much purple.

cbline
04-05-2022, 08:06 PM
The only coach I’m sold on actually developing guys is Kramer. Though I’m sure you have an exhaustive list of guys that have been developed from raw athletes to actual football players.

It is a no-brainer to agree on Kramer's influence on the program. When the 4th quarter comes along and you need players who can assert physical dominance, that is fun Bison football to watch.

Bison Dan
04-05-2022, 08:07 PM

Why because you're a sub .500 team?

thebigund
04-05-2022, 08:08 PM
It is a no-brainer to agree on Kramer's influence on the program. When the 4th quarter comes along and you need players who can assert physical dominance, that is fun Bison football to watch.

It’s like your guys have a little extra “juice” in the 4th quarter:hide:

mtoutfitter
04-05-2022, 08:14 PM

Are you married to that medical expert "Mama Sue"? Is she still pushing that take on what is probably the most piss tested college team around?

Bison Dan
04-05-2022, 08:15 PM

Love how you come over here and try to justify picking up our 3's. Notice where they run to - someplace where they will play.

thebigund
04-05-2022, 08:18 PM
Are you married to that medical expert "Mama Sue"? Is she still pushing that take on what is probably the most piss tested college team around?

She’s got some hot takes for sure. Really got her finger on the pulse of both programs.

totoinfl
04-05-2022, 08:36 PM

Your confused with SDSU the StigJuice.

HerdBot
04-05-2022, 08:58 PM

Kramer develops then physically but he has nothing to do wirh understanding schemes and techniques. A player who learned football late is at a significant disadvantage.

But then again he was behind better players

OtterTailLakeBison
04-05-2022, 09:46 PM
No shit, this is my point. The player development angle has always been bullshit.True - NDSU recruits well, coaches well and develops well. That is called a program. Take Stick and Studsrud as one of many, many examples of NDSU recruiting, coaching and developing better. Or, do you see that gap in their development being only related to talent alone?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

NDSU1980
04-05-2022, 09:50 PM

Ogbu is going to be a project for you, just like Grady and Weah were projects. And we all know how those first two projects turned out for you.

southcliffbison
04-05-2022, 09:51 PM
She’s got some hot takes for sure. Really got her finger on the pulse of both programs.

The only thing she has her finger on is her clitoris.

EC8CH
04-05-2022, 11:12 PM

Not all projects pan out. That's why he'll be playing bubba ball next year. This shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp. For a project player that did pan out who was a great athlete but initially bad at football, see Chris Board.

EC8CH
04-05-2022, 11:23 PM

Maybe Bubba should start taking that supplement so that he isn't so depressingly lethargic all the time? Maybe snorting a line of pure caffeine will wake the old dullard up?

thebigund
04-06-2022, 01:08 AM
Kramer develops then physically but he has nothing to do wirh understanding schemes and techniques. A player who learned football late is at a significant disadvantage.

But then again he was behind better players

So NDSU is only good at physically developing guys got it

thebigund
04-06-2022, 01:10 AM
True - NDSU recruits well, coaches well and develops well. That is called a program. Take Stick and Studsrud as one of many, many examples of NDSU recruiting, coaching and developing better. Or, do you see that gap in their development being only related to talent alone?

Gap in development? Stick was light years ahead of Studsrud out of Highschool. Nobody with half a brain would even try and compare the two players.

WeAreThePride
04-06-2022, 01:36 AM

Some players are undevelopable.

You Hawk fans should know that better than anybody.

OtterTailLakeBison
04-06-2022, 03:38 AM
Gap in development? Stick was light years ahead of Studsrud out of Highschool. Nobody with half a brain would even try and compare the two players.Got it - your answer is that NDSU's dominance is strictly because of talent alone. I appreciate your feedback on my intellect. A coaching tip for you - your emotional intelligence requires some growth if my retort triggers such a response.

BisonHorns
04-06-2022, 04:06 AM
Holy moly bigund you are really in a butt hurt spiral. Did someone kick your dog or laugh at your mule? Hang in there things are bound to get better for your team. I hope not.

PickedBess
04-06-2022, 04:21 AM
The only thing she has her finger on is her clitoris.

You can feel the difference.

Bison Dan
04-06-2022, 11:23 AM

Biguny is just butt hurt that hawker coaches are drooling over Bison 3's and 4's. Doubtful the Bison would want anyone on the hawkers team.

Opie11
04-06-2022, 11:49 AM
Ogbu is going to be a project for you, just like Grady and Weah were projects. And we all know how those first two projects turned out for you.

From what I've heard of Ogbu, I don't think this is a fair comparison to make. Grady apparently had some mental health issues and Weah had other issues. Haven't heard of anything like that about Ogbu?

Snowgoose
04-06-2022, 01:37 PM
From what I've heard of Ogbu, I don't think this is a fair comparison to make. Grady apparently had some mental health issues and Weah had other issues. Haven't heard of anything like that about Ogbu?

Agree this is not fair to Ogbu as he is a good kid. Sometimes you can get in a coaches dog house and never get out. Not saying this is what happened here, but it happens all the time between players that are almost equally as talented. From what I have heard this is how Ogbu felt right or wrong.

Ogbu wants another chance and he will get that chance. I believe he has two years left and still may develop into a nice player for UND. It was a bummer he wasn't a notch better for us as I don't think with more playing time he would have left.

NDSU1980
04-06-2022, 01:53 PM

I wasn't implying that Ogbu had the same problems as the other two, just that he's going to be a work in progress. Obviously if he was field ready we would have kept him. So no way was I saying he had mental issues, but he's certainly not ready to be a top notch player either. But then they have much lower standards at un_.

Bisonator98
04-06-2022, 02:09 PM
As I said before good luck to him. He was just too far behind as a FB player then other players that have been playing much longer. He has the tools but he just wasn't able to beat out other guys with more experience. He'll probably be great at UND with more playing time. Just didn't work out here for him unfortunately.

thebigund
04-06-2022, 03:57 PM
Got it - your answer is that NDSU's dominance is strictly because of talent alone. I appreciate your feedback on my intellect. A coaching tip for you - your emotional intelligence requires some growth if my retort triggers such a response.

The sensitivity level of bison fans is truly remarkable. Congrats!

Answer Guy
04-06-2022, 04:06 PM
Obviously if he was field ready we would have kept him.

You're saying it was NDSU's decision that he leave?

EC8CH
04-06-2022, 04:11 PM
You're saying it was NDSU's decision that he leave?

Was their decision not to give him playing time due to him not being at the performance level of other players on the team. Seems UND might be a better fit for his talent level. Nothing shocking here.

HerdBot
04-06-2022, 04:14 PM

Your comprehension sucks. You may want to develop your own brain.

THEsocalledfan
04-06-2022, 09:03 PM
Gap in development? Stick was light years ahead of Studsrud out of Highschool. Nobody with half a brain would even try and compare the two players.

But you have the Bubba. Makes up for any talent gap. /purple

southcliffbison
04-06-2022, 09:55 PM
The sensitivity level of bison fans is truly remarkable. Congrats!

I'm so sensitive that I actually feel sorry for him........

Hammerhead
04-07-2022, 04:34 AM

One would think UND would be better at physically developing players since they hit the offseason weights about a month earlier than NDSU does.

tjamz
04-07-2022, 12:47 PM

The reality is that players can & do develop. But not all of them can develop into being a starter. This might be due to physical limitations, mental limitations (unable to get the playbook down), or even unwillingness to put in the work.

This is no different than real life. Occasionally you will see someone who gets hired and has ALL of the attributes you are looking for to develop into a leadership/management role, only to be beat out for that position by someone no-one saw coming because of their will to get better and perfect their craft.

This doesn't mean that the star candidate is bad, just that SOMETHING didn't go right for them. That something might be managers having too high of hopes and expectations and expecting the person to be someone they're not able to be or are unwilling to become. It happens. Even here. Kids wash out of the system and MIGHT, just MIGHT thrive in a different one that better suits their strengths or habits. Those that do that well tend to be the ones who take what they've learned at one institution and utilize it to better themselves at the next.

Best of luck to Mr. Ogbu. As much as I hate seeing him be a f'ing hawk, I hope that he succeeds in life and in football.

The_Sicatoka
04-07-2022, 12:56 PM
I'm so sensitive that I actually feel sorry for him........

This'll help you (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKqxV3ijwYM) ...

Hammerhead
04-07-2022, 08:54 PM
Recruiting is similar to the NFL draft. There are some first rounders who never succeed in the NFL and there are later round or even undrafted players who turn out to be hall of fame material.

The reality is that players can & do develop. But not all of them can develop into being a starter. This might be due to physical limitations, mental limitations (unable to get the playbook down), or even unwillingness to put in the work.

This is no different than real life. Occasionally you will see someone who gets hired and has ALL of the attributes you are looking for to develop into a leadership/management role, only to be beat out for that position by someone no-one saw coming because of their will to get better and perfect their craft.

This doesn't mean that the star candidate is bad, just that SOMETHING didn't go right for them. That something might be managers having too high of hopes and expectations and expecting the person to be someone they're not able to be or are unwilling to become. It happens. Even here. Kids wash out of the system and MIGHT, just MIGHT thrive in a different one that better suits their strengths or habits. Those that do that well tend to be the ones who take what they've learned at one institution and utilize it to better themselves at the next.

Best of luck to Mr. Ogbu. As much as I hate seeing him be a f'ing hawk, I hope that he succeeds in life and in football.

unbison
04-09-2022, 02:16 AM
Recruiting is similar to the NFL draft. There are some first rounders who never succeed in the NFL and there are later round or even undrafted players who turn out to be hall of fame material.

And then those that flourish in another system under different leadership

Good luck to the young man

56BISON73
04-09-2022, 02:25 AM

It sure has been bullshit in regards to your program. We are worlds apart which is obvious.

unbison
04-09-2022, 03:36 AM
It sure has been bullshit in regards to your program. We are worlds apart which is obvious.

Ok pat quit taking the bait

Son of a Bison
04-11-2022, 03:46 AM
Barty is a North Dakota kid. Honestly better for him to stay in ND and have post grad connections with the state of this is his future. UN- has in state job connections just like NDSU. For whatever reason NDSU was not his future which is OK.

Hammerhead
04-11-2022, 01:46 PM
Barty is a North Dakota kid. Honestly better for him to stay in ND and have post grad connections with the state of this is his future. UN- has in state job connections just like NDSU. For whatever reason NDSU was not his future which is OK.

I hope he does well in football when he's not playing NDSU and more importantly, does well in life.

OrygunBison
04-11-2022, 03:00 PM
The stories that I've read lean toward him being a pretty good person so best of luck to him...except when playing the Bison.

mtoutfitter
08-29-2022, 10:36 PM
The stories that I've read lean toward him being a pretty good person so best of luck to him...except when playing the Bison.

Didn't take he or Seth Anderson long to crack the 2 deep up north.

Snowgoose
08-30-2022, 12:39 PM
Ogbu is a really good kid. I know him a little and I hope he does well. People transfer for all sorts of reasons and even though he went to UND :( I hope he does well. People sometimes need another chance and then they shine for all sorts of reasons ie Joe Burrow, Big Papi.