2019 UC Davis
2020 Drake

bruinbison
05-30-2017, 04:44 PM
2018 North Alabama - Sept 22
2019 UC Davis - Sept 21
2020 Drake - Sept 12

Great news, added dates.....
like playing Drake, being a Missouri Valley Conference team, should try to lock in home/home with them for basketball
North Alabama is transitioning from D2 to FCS, they can see where they stand in that regards.
North Alabama may want some payback for that loss in the 1985 championship game to the Bison.....:)

Like to see former Great West conference mate Cal Davis as well

Trumpster
05-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Crazy how they didn't announce that they had an announcement last week ahead of today.

Bison 4 Life
05-30-2017, 04:53 PM
https://i.giphy.com/YPIrsRqqO7oB2.webp

Christopher Moen
05-30-2017, 05:10 PM
https://i.giphy.com/YPIrsRqqO7oB2.webp

You expecting a lot of tantrums too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEwnfhuPJGs

EC8CH
05-30-2017, 05:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NnoGhN1.gif

MNLonghorn10
05-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Looking forward to the drake game.

I've said it before and Ill say it again....if we schedule a home game with drake along with having to travel to an fbs venue in the same month..I hope there's a double bye

Christopher Moen
05-30-2017, 05:30 PM
How I imagined the little "red chicklet" guy reacted to the news:

http://mediaresources.idiva.com/media/content/2017/May/5_idiva_dating_a_dancer_4_.gif

TNbison
05-30-2017, 05:40 PM
North Alabama may want some payback for that loss in the 1985 championship game to the Bison.....:)
My coworker was on that North Alabama team, he said he's less optimistic about the 2018 game...

THEsocalledfan
05-30-2017, 05:55 PM
2018 North Alabama
2019 UC Davis
2020 Drake

Assuming NA and Drake are cash games. What about UC Davis? Cash, or home and home?

Bison03
05-30-2017, 06:05 PM
Assuming NA and Drake are cash games. What about UC Davis? Cash, or home and home?
All straight cash homie!!

MNLonghorn10
05-30-2017, 06:08 PM
Good way to spend money from the iowa win

CaBisonFan
05-30-2017, 06:11 PM
My coworker was on that North Alabama team, he said he's less optimistic about the 2018 game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhczU2QdkWg

tony
05-30-2017, 06:16 PM
Glad North Alabama is going to be considered DI for this game. They made the D2 national title game last year.

Bison 4 Life
05-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Glad North Alabama is going to be considered DI for this game. They made the D2 national title game last year.

The weather was terrible that day. I was also a little bummed about the semi the night before. It's a fun place to go see a game, first one I've missed since it's been here.

Professor Chaos
05-30-2017, 06:28 PM
Btw, that 2019 home game against UC Davis gives the Bison 6 home games that year not including the Butler game at Target Field. :hide:

It also completes the 2019 schedule with 12 games:

8/31 vs Butler (at Target Field)
9/7 vs UND
9/14 at Delaware
9/21 vs UC Davis
10/5 at Illinois St
10/12 vs UNI
10/19 vs Missouri St
10/26 at SDSU
11/2 at YSU
11/9 vs WIU
11/16 vs USD
11/23 at SIU

ZHerd
05-30-2017, 06:31 PM

Agreed. D2 title teams would probably be really tough games...similar to NDSU vs the FBS field.

ZHerd
05-30-2017, 06:36 PM
can we pay an FBS team to host us?

Bison Loaf
05-30-2017, 06:39 PM
It seems pretty obvious that the old scheduling template is being "tweaked" into a new long-term workable format around the new realities of losing "regional" FBS opponents (i.e. the Big 10).

So, look (still) for an FBS game of some unknown caliber in 2018, and then the next possible home and home with a top (well.....maybe solid, if not top) FCS team to be 2020 (at the Dome) and 2021 (return game away) and every two years thereafter.

Next scheduled "big-time" FBS program will likely be for 2026. Larson will likely have to schedule games out farther to make it work as intended.

Bisonwinagn
05-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Surprised no return trip to Davis. Must have gotten a good deal.

THEsocalledfan
05-30-2017, 07:46 PM
It seems pretty obvious that the old scheduling template is being "tweaked" into a new long-term workable format around the new realities of losing "regional" FBS opponents (i.e. the Big 10).

So, look (still) for an FBS game of some unknown caliber in 2018, and then the next possible home and home with a top (well.....maybe solid, if not top) FCS team to be 2020 (at the Dome) and 2021 (return game away) and every two years thereafter.

Next scheduled "big-time" FBS program will likely be for 2026. Larson will likely have to schedule games out farther to make it work as intended.

It would seem to me 2018 is now ideal to try to sign a home and home with a premier FCS school who is having trouble locking in a home game they need since NDSU can go on the road for the front end. (As long as said team is not Montana St......) Unless there was a desperate G5 out there looking for a home game.....

Christopher Moen
05-30-2017, 08:02 PM

My guess is that NDSU's FBS scheduling for the foreseeable future is limited to the PAC-12 and G5. The PAC-12 schools might pay, but the G5 schools probably want a free game. In the G5 case, maybe we can get home and home games with teams from the Sunbelt.

Personally, I would like to see a home and home with JMU.

Bison 4 Life
05-30-2017, 09:43 PM
I wish Tony would hurry up and moderate Lakes' comments so we can see what he thinks.

MNLonghorn10
05-30-2017, 10:19 PM
can we pay an FBS team to host us?

this would be awesome. better than these games

MNLonghorn10
05-30-2017, 10:21 PM
I wish Tony would hurry up and moderate Lakes' comments so we can see what he thinks.

good chance hes already forgotten who these primetime opponents are

VirginiaBison
05-30-2017, 10:34 PM
Great to see the Bison give a leg up to potential DII>DI climbers! Everyone needs help to move up.

BisonNeil
05-30-2017, 11:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhczU2QdkWg

Fumble recovery by Charlie Stock and a big INT! Yea baby!!

taper
05-30-2017, 11:14 PM
Anyone else think NA will be the toughest game out of this lot? I think they'll be pretty successful in the FCS. I'm glad we're making friends right away, could pay off in the future.

KC Bison
05-31-2017, 12:53 AM
This is the price we pay for winning all those FBS games.

MNLonghorn10
05-31-2017, 12:58 AM
This is the price we pay for winning all those FBS games.

I thought this was already evident by this years death row of home games.

SDbison
05-31-2017, 04:08 AM
I thought this was already evident by this years death row of home games. Bring on Morningside or Augustana.

Christopher Moen
05-31-2017, 05:14 AM
Bring on Morningside or Augustana.

http://sourceecreative.com/images/Editorial/Animated_images/Snickers(1).gif

HerdBot
05-31-2017, 05:59 AM
I was listening to the Insiders and Jeff and Jeremy mentioned the Big 10 is loosening their stance on scheduling FCS teams...
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-may-27-2017-full-show

SamsRams
05-31-2017, 07:50 AM
I was listening to the Insiders and Jeff and Jeremy mentioned the Big 10 is loosening their stance on scheduling FCS teams...
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-may-27-2017-full-show

I thought this was already evident with Maryland ignoring what Dom and other clowns called a mandate or rule.

If they would just put a plate of twinkles on Alvarez's table they wouldn't have to hear him spout his nonsense at the B1G meetings

NDSUKurt
05-31-2017, 06:32 PM
I thought this was already evident with Maryland ignoring what Dom and other clowns called a mandate or rule.

If they would just put a plate of twinkles on Alvarez's table they wouldn't have to hear him spout his nonsense at the B1G meetings

Maryland has FCS games scheduled in 2020 because the contract was set before the Big Ten instituted its policy banning the games.

The Big Ten policy will die soon because:
1. Schools are quickly getting tired of paying 1 million to 1.6 million for a Group of 5 team for 1 game
2. Other than Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Penn State and Nebraska, no other Big Ten teams are "consistent" playoff contenders
3. The SEC, ACC, Pac-12, and Big 12 continue to schedule FCS games over 5 years out
4. The Big Ten is playing 9 conference games, so most teams play 10 Power 5 games a year (from a home and home that they sign, except Minnesota) - the teams need that game against "lesser" competition for rest and a win for bowl eligibility
5. Many Big Ten teams are having a hard time selling out their games - by playing regional FCS teams, the attendance hit may be reduced
6. The playoff selection committee, the broadcast partners, and many fans realize that many FCS teams are as good or better than a lot of the Group of 5 teams
7. I personally believe that the "no FCS games" policy was just lip service to get a bigger payout from the networks when negotiating their most recent television deal

AKBison
05-31-2017, 07:22 PM
Btw, that 2019 home game against UC Davis gives the Bison 6 home games that year not including the Butler game at Target Field. :hide:

9/7 vs UND
9/14 at Delaware
9/21 vs UC Davis
10/5 at Illinois St
10/12 vs UNI
10/19 vs Missouri St
10/26 at SDSU
11/2 at YSU
11/9 vs WIU
11/16 vs USD
11/23 at SIU

We were having a nice little moment here and a fun thread....but you just had to bring up our beloved away game , in a baseball stadium, against a non scholarship football team, in Minneosta, during the last big week people spend at the lakes.

Bisonwinagn
05-31-2017, 07:25 PM
Maryland has FCS games scheduled in 2020 because the contract was set before the Big Ten instituted its policy banning the games.

The Big Ten policy will die soon because:
1. Schools are quickly getting tired of paying 1 million to 1.6 million for a Group of 5 team for 1 game
2. Other than Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Penn State and Nebraska, no other Big Ten teams are "consistent" playoff contenders
3. The SEC, ACC, Pac-12, and Big 12 continue to schedule FCS games over 5 years out
4. The Big Ten is playing 9 conference games, so most teams play 10 Power 5 games a year (from a home and home that they sign, except Minnesota) - the teams need that game against "lesser" competition for rest and a win for bowl eligibility
5. Many Big Ten teams are having a hard time selling out their games - by playing regional FCS teams, the attendance hit may be reduced
6. The playoff selection committee, the broadcast partners, and many fans realize that many FCS teams are as good or better than a lot of the Group of 5 teams
7. I personally believe that the "no FCS games" policy was just lip service to get a bigger payout from the networks when negotiating their most recent television deal

What is your intent here? Oregon State doesn't qualify as a Power five team?

NDSUKurt
05-31-2017, 07:30 PM
What is your intent here? Oregon State doesn't qualify as a Power five team?

Oregon State does. But Minnesota got special approval from the Big 10 to count Fresno State as a Power 5 school.

Bison03
05-31-2017, 09:19 PM
We were having a nice little moment here and a fun thread....but you just had to bring up our beloved away game , in a baseball stadium, against a non scholarship football team, in Minneosta, during the last big week people spend at the lakes.
Great, then dont go. I'm sure thr sellout crowd that is there wont care that they arent at the lake.
#bisonfootball>labordayweekend

DePereBisonFan
06-01-2017, 01:02 AM

9/7 vs UND
9/14 at Delaware
9/21 vs UC Davis
10/5 at Illinois St
10/12 vs UNI
10/19 vs Missouri St
10/26 at SDSU
11/2 at YSU
11/9 vs WIU
11/16 vs USD
11/23 at SIU

I miss the FBS game, but this is basically 6 home games and a great Minneapolis atmosphere game that will be fun for all Bison fans imo. Practically 7 DI home games. :)

El_Chapo
06-01-2017, 02:25 AM
Pathetic embarassing and it tells all of bisonation that we are officially stagnating & not moving onward & upward... D2 mentality w a stony brook ad. This sucks all the way around

when will BisoNation rise up and demand pursuant of the Mountain West? "Bring on the Competition" isn't that our god dam motto?? what happened to that crap.

give me 2 FBS games a year at least if you are gonna keep NDSU in the crap fcs division.

cant NDSU at least publicly pursue the mountain west.. put out the public feeler!!

2020 NDSU Schedule if in Mountain west would destroy any schedule ever:

A - Oklahoma (big time FBS
H - Northern Iowa or South Dakota State (rotate a fcs team)
H - Georgia Southern or Central Michigan (or Appy State..rotate a sunbelt/mac)
A - Iowa State (Regional FBS team)
H - Wyoming
H - Air Force
A - Colorado State
A- UNLV
H - San Diego State
H - Boise St
A - Nevada
A - Fresno State

Just look at that schedule.. it would be incredible!!

1993bison
06-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Bring on Morningside or Augustana.
How could you forget St. Cloud & Mankato?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1993bison
06-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Pathetic embarassing and it tells all of bisonation that we are officially stagnating & not moving onward & upward... D2 mentality w a stony brook ad. This sucks all the way around
Agree 100%. What next, refuse to consider moving to a new conference without UN_?

ByeSonBusiness
06-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Great, then dont go. I'm sure thr sellout crowd that is there wont care that they arent at the lake.
#bisonfootball>labordayweekend

I wonder how many seats will be available for that one.... I'd be surprised if that sold out.

Gully
06-01-2017, 01:28 PM
I wonder how many seats will be available for that one.... I'd be surprised if that sold out.

Time will tell, but I think it will be a very good crowd. Might even sell out. I don't know if people fully comprehend how many NDSU alumni live in the Twin Cities that only frequently make it back to Fargo for games but will attend this one.

Christopher Moen
06-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Ever wonder what being a MAC team would be like.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170601/d0439e299aa686eb1238029b7cfdbcce.jpg

I'll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonMexico
06-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Screw those Five National Titles...Akron was the 2015 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl Champs!!!

Professor Chaos
06-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Agree 100%. What next, refuse to consider moving to a new conference without UN_?

You must not be a fan of home games huh?

Bison 4 Life
06-01-2017, 03:14 PM

when will BisoNation rise up and demand pursuant of the Mountain West? "Bring on the Competition" isn't that our god dam motto?? what happened to that crap.

give me 2 FBS games a year at least if you are gonna keep NDSU in the crap fcs division.

cant NDSU at least publicly pursue the mountain west.. put out the public feeler!!

H - Wyoming
H - Air Force
A - Colorado State
A- UNLV
H - San Diego State
H - Boise St
A - Nevada
A - Fresno State

Finally! The payoff!

It was everything I wanted, and more!
https://media1.giphy.com/media/d9DsJZVQWEukg/giphy.gif

DM05
06-01-2017, 03:33 PM

H - Wyoming
H - Air Force
A - Colorado State
A- UNLV
H - San Diego State
H - Boise St
A - Nevada
A - Fresno State

JFC....you want to publicly beg a G5 conference to offer us. That'll look great, I'm sure. How are you so certain the MWC even wants more members, much less a member 800 miles northeast of their farthest east member? Any plan on how to fund the move, or does just coming up with a theoretical schedule constitute the extent of your forethought? Two FBS games a year: how the hell is that supposed to happen when so many won't play us to begin with? Would you want us to beg FBS teams in public too?

Sorry to have to resort to your personal kryptonite (aka. logic and reason)....but not sorry.

Christopher Moen
06-01-2017, 03:41 PM
JFC....you want to publicly beg a G5 conference to offer us. That'll look great, I'm sure. How are you so certain the MWC even wants more members, much less a member 800 miles northeast of their farthest east member? Any plan on how to fund the move, or does just coming up with a theoretical schedule constitute the extent of your forethought? Two FBS games a year: how the hell is that supposed to happen when so many won't play us to begin with? Would you want us to beg FBS teams in public too?

Sorry to have to resort to your personal kryptonite (aka. logic and reason)....but not sorry.

I was just talking to an Akron employee a few hours ago about NDSU's issue getting a P5 school to schedule the Bison. His immediate response was that the G5 schools are starting to get the same treatment and schools in the MAC like Buffalo are dropping sports to make up for the lack of the supplemental P5 game income.

As I previously mentioned, the FBS split already happened. The G5 is slowly realizing they're left behind.

Strategery
06-01-2017, 04:03 PM

#oilmoney
Plus every teammaker just has to triple their current donation
Plus Carson will build us a new stadium after he wins a Super Bowl and gets a fat new contract

Come on.... don't be so short-sighted

1993bison
06-01-2017, 04:29 PM
You must not be a fan of home games huh?
I'd rather travel and watch the Bison play a good FCS or fbs team

Herd
06-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Screw those Five National Titles...Akron was the 2015 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl Champs!!!

The cool thing about these low level Bowls, the banner is the same size if you win or lose. If you win, throw Champs on it, if you lose, just leave it off.

CyPanth
06-01-2017, 06:48 PM
H - Wyoming
H - Air Force
A - Colorado State
A- UNLV
H - San Diego State
H - Boise St
A - Nevada
A - Fresno State

What makes you think you would ever be welcome in Ames again? :biggrin:

El_Chapo
06-01-2017, 06:58 PM

I paid my bail.

Bison 4 Life
06-01-2017, 07:06 PM

Didn't feel all that welcome the last time.

MNLonghorn10
06-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Didn't feel all that welcome the last time.

thats because nobody wants to hang out with you

MNLonghorn10
06-01-2017, 09:49 PM

H - Wyoming
H - Air Force
A - Colorado State
A- UNLV
H - San Diego State
H - Boise St
A - Nevada
A - Fresno State

no thanks. give me mississippi valley state, bob morris, and butler plus championships 6 7 8 9 10 over playing actual competition.

Christopher Moen
06-01-2017, 11:32 PM
Nothing incredible about being G5.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170601/d9d6e07096805221f5f34f373f3d4030.jpg

Even their major sponsors are boring.

SDbison
06-02-2017, 12:14 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Nothing incredible about staying in FCS.

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 01:22 AM
Nothing incredible about staying in FCS.

Seriously, nothing incredible?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgpQwk7U4AAJe66.jpg

I think the majority of past, present and future Bison are incredible overachievers.

tjbison
06-02-2017, 01:27 AM
Seriously, nothing incredible?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgpQwk7U4AAJe66.jpg

I think the majority of past, present and future Bison are incredible overachievers.

Come on, stop feeding the shit on here, nobody will be satisfied no matter what direction ndsu goes.

MNLonghorn10
06-02-2017, 02:11 AM

sMACk stadium talk? really? well at least they dont have dodge ram pick up trucks that take up one side of the field.

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 02:18 AM
Come on, stop feeding the shit on here, nobody will be satisfied no matter what direction ndsu goes.

Somebody has to keep the negative Nancys in check. Otherwise this site will become nothing but a negative entity and keep away good, quality Bison fans.

For that, I won't stop or apologize.

ByeSonBusiness
06-02-2017, 02:24 AM

Lol who rags on a school's sponsors as being boring?

Is this NASCAR?

MNLonghorn10
06-02-2017, 03:01 AM
Somebody has to keep the negative Nancys in check. Otherwise this site will become nothing but a negative entity and keep away good, quality Bison fans.

For that, I won't stop or apologize.

We know you dont think NDSU a single thing wrong in your life. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to think that way as well.

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 03:07 AM
Lol who rags on a school's sponsors as being boring?

Is this NASCAR?

Sponsorship is huge in sports. The fact that a G5 school cannot get a major corporation/company to pay for their football stadium's naming rights is a clear telltale that G5 isn't all that great as some want to believe.

For a business major, you should have already known this.

CyPanth
06-02-2017, 03:56 AM
Do you like this stadium any better?

http://static.psbin.com/8/q/lg7f99d1ueg2si/1.jpg

El_Chapo
06-02-2017, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE=Christopher Moen;1210286]Nothing incredible about being G5.

That Stadium is awesome. Holds 30,000 expandable to 50,000 by completing the horseshoe... only cost $61 million..... ( we paid $40 mill for the stupid SHAC!)

Lets build this !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akron_Zips_football#/media/File:InfoCision_AmericanFlag.JPG

southcliffbison
06-02-2017, 04:27 AM

I like it.

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 04:28 AM

Looks familiar, but definitely not as nice as this one:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170602/818adf9498635ce0cda9e6a6d91665af.jpg

ByeSonBusiness
06-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Sponsorship is huge in sports. The fact that a G5 school cannot get a major corporation/company to pay for their football stadium's naming rights is a clear telltale that G5 isn't all that great as some want to believe.

For a business major, you should have already known this.

You didn't say they didn't have major corporate sponsors, you said they had "boring" ones. Regardless, nothing says lit like the Realtruck.com red zone at Gate City Bank Field in a city owned stadium called the Fargodome.

Notre Dame Stadium
DKR Stadium
Ohio Stadium
Michigan Stadium
....... need I go on?

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 12:18 PM
You didn't say they didn't have major corporate sponsors, you said they had "boring" ones. Regardless, nothing says lit like the Realtruck.com red zone at Gate City Bank Field in a city owned stadium called the Fargodome.

Notre Dame Stadium
DKR Stadium
Ohio Stadium
Michigan Stadium
....... need I go on?

Compare the corporate sponsors between FCS and G5. See a difference? No. Why? Because G5 isn't really that more attractive than FCS schools, and hence, another reason why I don't understand the desire of some here want NDSU to be there.

MNLonghorn10
06-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Compare the corporate sponsors between FCS and G5. See a difference? No. Why? Because G5 isn't really that more attractive than FCS schools, and hence, another reason why I don't understand the desire of some here want NDSU to be there.

So because Akron doesnt have attractive sponsors(we only know this because of one pic on the internet), but 25 other G5 others could, makes you want to stay? Even though where NDSU is in FCS guarantees no attractive sponsors? Gotcha

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 01:48 PM
So because Akron doesnt have attractive sponsors(we only know this because of one pic on the internet), but 25 other G5 others could, makes you want to stay? Even though where NDSU is in FCS guarantees no attractive sponsors? Gotcha

If I make it to other G5 schools, I take pictures there to prove my point. Unfortunately, we don't have many major events at G5 schools.

Next week, I'm back Lincoln, NE, and we already know what kind of FU money they have due to being a P5 school. After that, I'll be in Fargo, which from what I've seen, attracts just as good, if not better, sponsorships than G5/Mid-Major schools I've seen.

If you go back and read what I wrote about the conversation I had with an Akron official a few days ago in regards to G5 schools are starting to struggle to get money games from P5, there really is no reason to move up, unless you think watching the Bison play in the "Motor City Bowl" or the "Famous Idaho Potato Bowl" are super-cool.

SDbison
06-02-2017, 02:06 PM
If I make it to other G5 schools, I take pictures there to prove my point. Unfortunately, we don't have many major events at G5 schools.

Next week, I'm back Lincoln, NE, and we already know what kind of FU money they have due to being a P5 school. After that, I'll be in Fargo, which from what I've seen, attracts just as good, if not better, sponsorships than G5/Mid-Major schools I've seen.

If you go back and read what I wrote about the conversation I had with an Akron official a few days ago in regards to G5 schools are starting to struggle to get money games from P5, there really is no reason to move up, unless you think watching the Bison play in the "Motor City Bowl" or the "Famous Idaho Potato Bowl" are super-cool. Of course Chrissy boy nobody on this message board should want to move up to G5 just because you say so. Stagnation is wonderful. No growth in stadium capacity for the foreseeable future. No growth in tailgating, in fact if the convention center is built next to the Fargodome the tailgating area will be reduced. Seems the good old boys in charge have no balls to grow the program. Just want to ride the crest until the wave crashes.

totoinfl
06-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Schedule West Point or Navy. Might not get a home and home...but Annapolis on a Saturday for football is pretty darn special.

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Of course Chrissy boy nobody on this message board should want to move up to G5 just because you say so. Stagnation is wonderful. No growth in stadium capacity for the foreseeable future. No growth in tailgating, in fact if the convention center is built next to the Fargodome the tailgating area will be reduced. Seems the good old boys in charge have no balls to grow the program. Just want to ride the crest until the wave crashes.

Chrissy? What are you, twelve?

Now that's what I call stagnation.

By the way, all the problems you just mention don't go away if NDSU moves to G5. They're just as stunted as the top FCS teams are.

El_Chapo
06-02-2017, 02:25 PM
IF we are 10000% stuck in the FCS (which the folks around here without balls are leaning towards)

then for god's sakes, get 2 FBS teams a year & 1 bigger fcs team. each year, every year.

Worse case we go 1-2 and then roll thru the MVFC at 7-1 or 6-2 and get in the playoffs at 7-4.

totoinfl
06-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Chrissy? What are you, twelve?

Now that's what I call stagnation.

By the way, all the problems you just mention don't go away if NDSU moves to G5. They're just as stunted as the top FCS teams are.
I don't see a compelling reason to go G5 just to say you are G5...

ZHerd
06-02-2017, 02:51 PM
I don't see a compelling reason to go G5 just to say you are G5...

That's not the reason to go G5. I'm not going to rip FCS like Chapo because there is still some great football being played here (reality is that many G5 teams and even some P5 teams would have had zero shot at making it through the FCS playoffs) but much of our peer competition is FBS and continually trickling that direction. Will it continue? I don't know. But every program that leaves FCS shifts the balance of my fandom that direction. More scholarship players, increased ability to play peer programs more frequently as well as more opportunity to play P5 is attractive. Being we are FCS I'm just glad we are an MVC member where there is at least guaranteed quality competition every year.

MNLonghorn10
06-02-2017, 02:52 PM
More fbs attraction and less northern alabama, drake and ferris state. That isn't a compelling enough reason?

THEsocalledfan
06-02-2017, 02:55 PM
That's not the reason to go G5. I'm not going to rip FCS like Chapo because there is still some great football being played here (reality is that many G5 teams and even some P5 teams would have had zero shot at making it through the FCS playoffs) but much of our peer competition is FBS and continually trickling that direction. Will it continue? I don't know. But every program that leaves FCS shifts the balance of my fandom that direction. More scholarship players, increased ability to play peer programs more frequently as well as more opportunity to play P5 is attractive. Being we are FCS I'm just glad we are an MVC member where there is at least guaranteed quality competition every year.

The rub for me on why I have no desire to move right now is the combination for having such a solid conference with true peer institutions, and the mess that is G5. I just don't get why folks think we should jump now as it does nothing to fix the stadium, tailgating, etc.

El_Chapo
06-02-2017, 02:58 PM

WHO ON THIS LIST IS A GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM? AFTER #8 its a Cesspool . NC Central? Grambling? NC A & T ? St Francis is #26?? haha. Albany? NDSU would 50-0 those teams.

1 James Madison (154) 3850 14-1 5
2 Youngstown State 3631 12-4 13
3 North Dakota State 3492 12-2 4
4 Eastern Washington 3428 12-2 3
5 Sam Houston State 3067 12-1 1
6 South Dakota State 2944 9-4 7
7 Jacksonville State 2776 10-2 2
8 Richmond 2666 10-4 12
9 Wofford 2532 10-4 19
10 Citadel 2386 10-2 6
11 Villanova 2225 9-4 9
12 North Dakota 2133 9-3 8
13 Chattanooga 2091 9-4 11
14 Central Arkansas 1798 10-3 14
15 Charleston Southern 1605 7-4 10
16 Grambling State 1496 11-1 16
17 New Hampshire 1323 8-5 22
18 Coastal Carolina 1164 10-2 15
19 San Diego 956 10-2 24
20 North Carolina A&T 915 9-3 17
21 Lehigh 776 9-3 18
22 North Carolina Central 716 9-3 20
23 Samford 624 7-5 23
24 Cal Poly 538 7-5 21
25 Weber State 284 7-5 25

Others receiving votes: Illinois State (167) , Saint Francis U (116) , Princeton (83) , Albany (65) , UT Martin (31) , Montana (30) , Penn (22) , Western Illinois (19) , Fordham (17) , Maine (17) , Southeastern Louisiana (17) , UNI (8) , Kennesaw State (8) , Duquesne (6) , Southern University (6) , Northern Arizona (5) , Tennessee State (5) , Southern Utah (4) , Stony Brook (4) , Dayton (2) , McNeese (2)

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 03:43 PM
More fbs attraction and less northern alabama, drake and ferris state. That isn't a compelling enough reason?

Depends on what kind of FBS attraction one is referring to. Being a G5 team playing other G5 teams and paying FCS teams to come to the Fargodome as cupcakes isn't a good situation.

That is what MAC (according to Akron rep I spoke to) teams are starting to face now. That and playing in some worthless bowl game that barely fills a fifth of a stadium.

ByeSonBusiness
06-02-2017, 04:06 PM

Nope. Not for some people. They'd rather play basketball schools.

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Nope. Not for some people. They'd rather play basketball schools.

Being that I've never heard one Bison fan say or allude to that phrase, it's a terrible straw-man argument. Even more terrible when you realize what kind of schools the G5 are.

SamsRams
06-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Ignoring the fact that a majority of G5 schools will move to a level of scholarships closer to FCS levels once the P5 completely cuts them out. What the baffoons who propose a move to G5 love to ignore is the travel costs for all the other sports. And not just the costs for NDSU, but you think Fresno wants to fly their soccer team to Fargo? If you do, you are one of the dumbest people in the world

totoinfl
06-02-2017, 05:05 PM

In a word....NO

ByeSonBusiness
06-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Ignoring the fact that a majority of G5 schools will move to a level of scholarships closer to FCS levels once the P5 completely cuts them out. What the baffoons who propose a move to G5 love to ignore is the travel costs for all the other sports. And not just the costs for NDSU, but you think Fresno wants to fly their soccer team to Fargo? If you do, you are one of the dumbest people in the world

That's a fact? I didn't know it was accepted that G5 schools will be cutting football scholarships. I hadn't heard that.

El_Chapo
06-02-2017, 07:13 PM

Football ONLY Dumbo

Bisonator98
06-02-2017, 07:52 PM

Why would NDSU need to move their other sports?

MNLonghorn10
06-02-2017, 08:19 PM
In a word....NO

Well. you're wrong.

MNLonghorn10
06-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Whatever gets me closer to you. Playing teams in Indiana and Illinois is not going to do it.

SamsRams
06-03-2017, 12:01 AM
Why would NDSU need to move their other sports?

Name one FCS team who has moved up and switched conferences in only football

SamsRams
06-03-2017, 12:03 AM
That's a fact? I didn't know it was accepted that G5 schools will be cutting football scholarships. I hadn't heard that.

Nothing is fact. Whether staying put or moving up.

NDSU92
06-03-2017, 12:58 AM
What makes the MVFC and Summit peer institutions? The rest of the schools in these conferences are formal teachers colleges. The only other flagship land grant in either conference is connected to us at the hip regarding transitions. We have more peer institutions in the mountain west...

Bisonator98
06-03-2017, 01:08 AM
Name one FCS team who has moved up and switched conferences in only football

Just because it hasn't happened means it can't? I honestly don't know but I don't believe that's the case. Has Liberty left the Big South with their other sports?

SamsRams
06-03-2017, 01:55 AM
Just because it hasn't happened means it can't? I honestly don't know but I don't believe that's the case. Has Liberty left the Big South with their other sports?

Good point. No college football team has played in the super bowl so there is still a chance.

El_Chapo
06-03-2017, 06:07 AM
NDSU peer institution is Colorado St Air Force Nevada Wyoming

KC Bison
06-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Fixed it.

A - Alabama
H - Alabama
H - Alabama
A - Alabama
H - Wyoming
H - Air Force
A - Colorado State
A - UNLV
H - San Diego State
H - Boise St
A - Nevada
A - Fresno State

Since we are creating pretend schedules, top this one.

ZHerd
06-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Since we are creating pretend schedules, top this one.

Switch to @San Diego St. There's stuff to do down there

Professor Chaos
06-03-2017, 08:10 PM
A - Alabama
H - Blue Mountain State
A - Minnesota Twins (neutral site game at Target Field)
H - West Canaan High School (F*** Killmer!)
A - Los Angeles Temptation (http://www.lflus.com/latemptation)
H - New England Patriots
A - University of Cancun
H - Washington Sentinels (the real cast members (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191397/fullcredits))
A - Real Madrid
H - Swedish Bikini Team
A - The Little Giants
H - South Dakota State (Dakota Marker Game)

Beat that!!!

tjbison
06-03-2017, 09:07 PM
A - Alabama
H - Blue Mountain State
H - New England Patriots
A - University of Cancun
H - Washington Sentinels (the real cast members (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191397/fullcredits))
A - Real Madrid
H - Swedish Bikini Team
A - The Little Giants

Beat that!!!

West Texas Armadillos need to replace the Bunnys

totoinfl
06-06-2017, 02:56 PM
A - Alabama
H - Blue Mountain State
H - New England Patriots
A - University of Cancun
A - Real Madrid
H - Swedish Bikini Team
A - The Little Giants

Beat that!!!

Probably need a home and away with the winners of the Lingerie Football League.

https://youtu.be/98TQukCAnwo

BisonBacker
06-20-2017, 03:23 PM
What makes the MVFC and Summit peer institutions? The rest of the schools in these conferences are formal teachers colleges. The only other flagship land grant in either conference is connected to us at the hip regarding transitions. We have more peer institutions in the mountain west...

This nails it.

THEsocalledfan
06-20-2017, 04:46 PM
This nails it.

We are an odd duck school. Flagship/land grant type college with relatively tiny enrollment.

HerdBot
06-20-2017, 07:33 PM
West Texas Armadillos need to replace the Bunnys

The Los Angeles Kiss

gumby013
06-21-2017, 01:58 PM
North Alabama signed a Home-Home with Western Illinois. :confused:

https://twitter.com/UNAFootball/status/876881531477921792