PDA

View Full Version : Nickel Trophy Update

Pages : [1] 2 3

GCWaters
04-27-2017, 01:50 AM
Higher ed budget bill gives UND and NDSU the choice of playing for the trophy again or sending it to the Heritage Center in Bismarck:

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4257402-und-ndsu-nickel-trophy-may-soon-reside-bismarck

"To promote national recognition and statewide enthusiasm, the legislative assembly encourages the University of North Dakota and the North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Science to play for the Nickel Trophy during the course of a National Collegiate Athletic Association football game. If the athletic director or president of either institution elects not to play for the Nickel Trophy, the Nickel Trophy must be permanently displayed in the Heritage Center."

ndsubison1
04-27-2017, 01:51 AM
They won't risk their precious.

ndsubison1
04-27-2017, 01:55 AM
Also Streyle put in the amendment: "North Dakota State Agriculture and Applied Science." Hmmm.

El_Chapo
04-27-2017, 02:01 AM
this is D2 & Sioux is dead.

ZHerd
04-27-2017, 02:15 AM
Meh, melt it down and do something useful with it. Who cares about a past rivalry with a D2 when we are running the table vs P5 and winning D1 championships

HerdBot
04-27-2017, 02:15 AM
Also Streyle put in the amendment: "North Dakota State Agriculture and Applied Science." Hmmm.

Well that is our official name.

HerdBot
04-27-2017, 02:19 AM
I say put it on display. That was D2. It's not like the rivalry needs anything more to get fired up for

duluthbison
04-27-2017, 02:19 AM

North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Science

They missed a word...

BisonAccountant44
04-27-2017, 02:40 AM
Shouldn't Blue Key have a say in this since they actually own the thing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

56BISON73
04-27-2017, 03:02 AM
Shouldn't Blue Key have a say in this since they actually own the thing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thats what I was thinking as well. But it seems the people from up north are trying to dictate whats going to happen with it without even asking.

MNLonghorn10
04-27-2017, 03:07 AM
Busy day over in Bismarck today, huh

Bison 4 Life
04-27-2017, 03:17 AM

I actually like it.

perthbison
04-27-2017, 03:59 AM
They missed a word...Well, Stryele isn't known for being smart or "right on task"

AKBison
04-27-2017, 04:19 AM
I went to NDSU post nickel, it means nothing to me. Dakota marker is fun and friendly, the UNI game is full on hate, no need for a trophy. As for UND, let's just go FBS.

ByeSonBusiness
04-27-2017, 05:05 AM
Put it on the line. Swag trophy. Bring it home

EC8CH
04-27-2017, 05:36 AM
I actually like it.

Exactly... takes a particular useless type of prick to use associations with agriculture and applied sciences as a put down. I'd put the advancements made to the human condition by those two fields of study up against all others any day of the week.

THEsocalledfan
04-27-2017, 11:43 AM
I've been saying it belongs in the Heritage Museum for years. Let's remember, it is being held hostage in El Forko Grande. This is a good thing even if they really have no role in dictating what happens to it.

Mr Meaty
04-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Little snowflakes at UN_ will want to keep it. Unless someone gives them a participation award to replace it.

bisonaudit
04-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Meh, melt it down and do something useful with it. Who cares about a past rivalry with a D2 when we are running the table vs P5 and winning D1 championships

Can't melt it down, it's wood.

I think it belongs in the Heritage Center, it's a piece of history. But I don't think we need the Legislature passing a law to make that happen. The administration at UND should just sack up and do the right thing.

wagsabison
04-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Going where it should go.

ndsubison1
04-27-2017, 12:46 PM

Just seemed like it was used as a slight.

THEsocalledfan
04-27-2017, 12:47 PM

I think it belongs in the Heritage Center, it's a piece of history. But I don't think we need the Legislature passing a law to make that happen. The administration at UND should just sack up and do the right thing.

I'm very surprised Blue Key has never tried to press UND admin on this. Would have been a great little student leadership project that they almost assuredly would have won.

abc123
04-27-2017, 01:25 PM
I'm very surprised Blue Key has never tried to press UND admin on this. Would have been a great little student leadership project that they almost assuredly would have won.

When UND Blue Key disbanded, UND's "ownership share" was transferred to the student government.

El_Chapo
04-27-2017, 01:30 PM
who gives a $hit. and Roscoe Streyle is an @$$

Bison"FANatic"
04-27-2017, 01:59 PM
When UND Blue Key disbanded, UND's "ownership share" was transferred to the student government.

I would guess no use for a honor society up in who ville.

THEsocalledfan
04-27-2017, 02:07 PM

Who cares. Point is they would have turned it over if pressed.

abc123
04-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Who cares. Point is they would have turned it over if pressed.

Why would they have turned it over? Both sides agreed that UND's student government would step in and be the "administer" on UND's side after the Blue Key at UND was dissolved. There's zero dispute on that.

Bison 4 Life
04-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Why would they have turned it over? Both sides agreed that UND's student government would step in and be the "administer" on UND's side after the Blue Key at UND was dissolved. There's zero dispute on that.

Who owns UND?

southcliffbison
04-27-2017, 02:44 PM

You say it's made of wood? Good, Burn the damn thing.........

THEsocalledfan
04-27-2017, 02:59 PM

WTF are you talking about? Or just trolling?

BisonTeacher
04-27-2017, 03:01 PM

http://i.imgur.com/kAe01Vn.jpg

scottietohottie
04-27-2017, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=1cQh1ccqu8M

Gothmog
04-27-2017, 03:07 PM

No, it's made out of Aluminum.

NDSUstudent
04-27-2017, 03:10 PM
It should be on display in Bismarck, sad that this even needs to be legislated.

abc123
04-27-2017, 03:10 PM
WTF are you talking about? Or just trolling?

I misread the intent of your original comment, my mistake. I'm all for putting it in the Heritage Center.

UTH
04-27-2017, 04:50 PM
No, it's made out of Aluminum.

There appears to be a legitimate controversy here
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/nightmare%20on%20elm%20street%20furnace_zpsjajree2 8.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/indio_rojas/media/nightmare%20on%20elm%20street%20furnace_zpsjajree2 8.jpg.html)
We have but one way to find out

Bison"FANatic"
04-27-2017, 04:53 PM
Hey the way the state needs money, If that thing is 75lbs of Aluminum we might be able to turn it in for $30. We could be nice and even buy a puck or two for the UND womens hockey team.

CaBisonFan
04-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Put it in the Heritage Center.

southcliffbison
04-27-2017, 06:34 PM
there appears to be a legitimate controversy here
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/nightmare%20on%20elm%20street%20furnace_zpsjajree2 8.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/indio_rojas/media/nightmare%20on%20elm%20street%20furnace_zpsjajree2 8.jpg.html)
we have but one way to find out

lmao !!!!1

southcliffbison
04-27-2017, 06:36 PM
there appears to be a legitimate controversy here
we have but one way to find out

lmao !!!!!!!

BlueBisonRock
04-27-2017, 07:58 PM

I agree. It is an historical artifact and should be treated as such.

I agree. Passing a law to make this happen is excessive (now watch as I walk this back and change positions).

Point three. If only that administration had any common sense rather than their narcissistic point of view. When in the history of NDSU / NDAC vs. UN_ (no D for them with this situation also) have you known or seen that administration use common sense to do the right thing. Like with kids, sometimes you just gotta force the issue.

(BTW, my preference is the Heritage Center.)

NDSU1980
04-27-2017, 08:16 PM
Either way, UN_ only has two choices, Heritage Center or put it up for grabs when we play them in 2019. If it's back in play, once we win it in '19 we can just donate it. No matter what, it won't matter much longer. Too bad the idiots at un_ always have to make things difficult.

barnwintersportsengelstad
04-28-2017, 03:19 AM

What a coin flip, the state legislature is way out of bounds on the Nickel, don't they have a full enough of a plate with the financial challenges in this state. This reminds me of the ND Attorney General siouxing the NCAA over the SIOUX name and logo. What other U in the country would have their state attorney general file suit? None, the U would handle it themselves, but not here in ND.

UND and NDSU, together should put this to sleep, maybe by permanently awarding it to the school that wins the first MVFC game, since it was awarded at the annual conference game? That would be fair in that the schedule is not out yet and therefore the home team is unknown. The Nickel does not belong in Bismarck, it should be on one of the campuses.

EC8CH
04-28-2017, 03:24 AM
https://img.memesuper.com/54f1940afcd430476bf62a64fb8d46ce_it-belongs-in-a-museum-it-belongs-in-a-museum-meme_400-400.jpeg

CalBison97
04-28-2017, 03:27 AM
https://img.memesuper.com/54f1940afcd430476bf62a64fb8d46ce_it-belongs-in-a-museum-it-belongs-in-a-museum-meme_400-400.jpeg

Greatest. Bisonville. Post. EVER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twincitybizon
04-28-2017, 03:28 AM
#Winning #Tigerblood

GFBison
04-28-2017, 04:33 AM
UND can keep it. NDSU has the Bison, all they have is a distant memory imprinted on the flip side of a nickel.

Bison"FANatic"
04-28-2017, 12:02 PM
There are holocaust museums, slavery museums, and such. It might as well be put in a museum since it has all that hostile and abusive imagery that points out and reminds of the racist nature of the school to the north. Maybe it could help people learn of past mistakes.

wagsabison
04-28-2017, 12:04 PM
What a coin flip, the state legislature is way out of bounds on the Nickel, don't they have a full enough of a plate with the financial challenges in this state. This reminds me of the ND Attorney General siouxing the NCAA over the SIOUX name and logo. What other U in the country would have their state attorney general file suit? None, the U would handle it themselves, but not here in ND.

UND and NDSU, together should put this to sleep, maybe by permanently awarding it to the school that wins the first MVFC game, since it was awarded at the annual conference game? That would be fair in that the schedule is not out yet and therefore the home team is unknown. The Nickel does not belong in Bismarck, it should be on one of the campuses.

UND hides it in a closet somewhere... don't they? What's the point of that?

IzzyFlexion
04-28-2017, 01:50 PM
Put it in the capitol building so that Stenehjem has to walk by it to remind him how much of the state's time he wasted with his NCAA suit.

Mr Pep Band
04-28-2017, 05:08 PM
I agree with the bill. Either use it and have it up for grabs, or but in in the damn museum.

"Use it or lose it", just like timeouts this past BB season.

I would like to see it the the Heritage Museum, UND is no longer the Sioux and it wouldn't seem right. That era is passed.

EC8CH
04-28-2017, 11:15 PM
It should probably be displayed at the Heritage museum with the racist side down though.

BlueBisonRock
04-29-2017, 02:06 AM
It should probably be displayed at the Heritage museum with the racist side down though.

Is there any other way?

Gothmog
04-29-2017, 10:20 PM
There appears to be a legitimate controversy here
We have but one way to find out

No controversy. It's aluminum.

southcliffbison
04-29-2017, 10:39 PM
No controversy. It's aluminum.

Crimoney !!!!!! Now its aluminum!!!! Did a google search; aluminum is worth anywhere from 25 cents to 35 cents per pound. Smelt the damn thing !!!

ndsubison1
04-29-2017, 11:27 PM
I say play for it. Its a unique trophy. You see all kinds of teams playing for old rivalry trophies. Doubt it'll happen though. I get UND technically won the last Nickel game, but shouldn't Ndsu have a say too?

MAKBison
04-29-2017, 11:34 PM
I say play for it. Its a unique trophy. You see all kinds of teams playing for old rivalry trophies. Doubt it'll happen though. I get UND technically won the last Nickel game, but shouldn't Ndsu have a say too?

That's the last thing we want..another travel trophy. Even worst than that a travel with the Fhockys. I would say let them do whatever they want with it. However, I am sure it has some value with some of the older players and fans. Thus put it BS.

IzzyFlexion
04-30-2017, 06:04 PM
Crimoney !!!!!! Now its aluminum!!!! Did a google search; aluminum is worth anywhere from 25 cents to 35 cents per pound. Smelt the damn thing !!!

Whoever smelt it, dealt it. <sorry........I'm such a child>

CaBisonFan
04-30-2017, 06:19 PM

UND and NDSU, together should put this to sleep, maybe by permanently awarding it to the school that wins the first MVFC game, since it was awarded at the annual conference game? That would be fair in that the schedule is not out yet and therefore the home team is unknown. The Nickel does not belong in Bismarck, it should be on one of the campuses.I disagree...it belongs in Bismarck.

stevdock
05-01-2017, 01:38 AM
I don't know where you would put it in their exhibits but it definitely does belong in Bismarck. As far as a travelling trophy I don't understand why people are so against it. What's wrong with keeping an extra trophy in Fargo for many years in a row.

1993bison
05-01-2017, 02:10 AM
Who cares. We cash in on championships and they can keep the change.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
05-01-2017, 02:26 AM
UND hides it in a closet somewhere... don't they? What's the point of that?

They do that a lot up there. Its the way they do business.

Christopher Moen
05-01-2017, 03:30 AM
As far as a travelling trophy I don't understand why people are so against it. What's wrong with keeping an extra trophy in Fargo for many years in a row.

The trophy involves the F'Hawkers.

heymch86
05-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Can someone give an answer as to why they won't be playing for it again? The NCAA said they couldn't use "Fighting Sioux" as their mascot and logo. I've heard people say, "they can't play for the Nickel anymore because it has a Sioux head on it."

For one, the Nickel Trophy has nothing to do with NCAA and mandates. Secondly, the Nickel Trophy is a replica Buffalo Nickel-a former form of US currency-which has a "buffalo" (not bison mind you) and an "American Indian" on it.

To say the trophy has to be retired, or cannot be played for again because UND is the Fighting Hawks now, has no merit. Look at other rivalry trophies across the country. "Floyd of Rosedale" aka The Pig for Iowa-Minnesota. Neither team is nicknamed the Pigs or Hogs, but the trophy symbolizes agriculture and livestock that is raised in both states. Are we supposed to ignore that the Buffalo Nickel ever existed or that North Dakota had bison/buffalo roaming all over and that American Indians were the first to settle on our prairies?

People will say, "NDSU already has a rivalry trophy with SDSU". Absolutely, and you can bet that rock means a lot more to the current players than a nickel does. But why does it have to be limited to just one? Minnesota plays for the Little Brown Jug, Paul Bunyan's Axe, and the Floyd of Rosedale. Again, numerous schools have more than one traveling trophy with a rival.

My point is, I have yet to hear anyone make the case to UND or NDSU that the trophy should be continued to be played for. It's always, "well they can't because of the nickname".

bisonaudit
05-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Can someone answer why they should?

heymch86
05-10-2017, 08:03 PM
111 years of North Dakota history and tradition of two strong universities I suppose is one reason

Bison 4 Life
05-10-2017, 08:06 PM
111 years of North Dakota history and tradition of two strong universities I suppose is one reason

which is why it should go into a museum.

totoinfl
05-10-2017, 08:06 PM
111 years of North Dakota history and tradition of two strong universities I suppose is one reason I for one agree with you. There are a lot of "trophy" games throughout the NCAA...and most of them don't have the history of the nickel...for example the Dakota Marker...which in its own right is fine too.

HerdBot
05-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Can someone give an answer as to why they won't be playing for it again? The NCAA said they couldn't use "Fighting Sioux" as their mascot and logo. I've heard people say, "they can't play for the Nickel anymore because it has a Sioux head on it."

For one, the Nickel Trophy has nothing to do with NCAA and mandates. Secondly, the Nickel Trophy is a replica Buffalo Nickel-a former form of US currency-which has a "buffalo" (not bison mind you) and an "American Indian" on it.

To say the trophy has to be retired, or cannot be played for again because UND is the Fighting Hawks now, has no merit. Look at other rivalry trophies across the country. "Floyd of Rosedale" aka The Pig for Iowa-Minnesota. Neither team is nicknamed the Pigs or Hogs, but the trophy symbolizes agriculture and livestock that is raised in both states. Are we supposed to ignore that the Buffalo Nickel ever existed or that North Dakota had bison/buffalo roaming all over and that American Indians were the first to settle on our prairies?

People will say, "NDSU already has a rivalry trophy with SDSU". Absolutely, and you can bet that rock means a lot more to the current players than a nickel does. But why does it have to be limited to just one? Minnesota plays for the Little Brown Jug, Paul Bunyan's Axe, and the Floyd of Rosedale. Again, numerous schools have more than one traveling trophy with a rival.

My point is, I have yet to hear anyone make the case to UND or NDSU that the trophy should be continued to be played for. It's always, "well they can't because of the nickname".

maybe the NCAA can go on a witch hunt to ban former US currency. It's funny I was flipping through the TV and I saw a commercial where they were selling the same coin

bisonaudit
05-10-2017, 08:07 PM

none of which has gone away in the years since they stopped playing for the trophy. Let's not mistake a symbol for the thing.

I just feel like your staring with the wrong default position. They've already not played for it. That is now the presumption that must be overcome.

BlueBisonRock
05-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Can someone give an answer as to why they won't be playing for it again?

Apathy may have something to do with it. Put it in Bismark to reflect history.

totoinfl
05-10-2017, 08:20 PM
It seems this group is well suited to the task of eliminating silly trophy games...Perhaps y'all can start with this

http://picksixpreviews.com/trophy-case.html

Bison 4 Life
05-10-2017, 08:29 PM
I don't think anyone wants to eliminate the trophy game. Just retire the outdated trophy.

Mr Meaty
05-10-2017, 08:41 PM
I don't think anyone wants to eliminate the trophy game. Just retire the outdated trophy.

If every rivalry game has a "trophy", to me it begins to lessen the value of playing for one. Just go out and play and win for the sake of doing just that. To me one Rivalry Trophy game is enough. We have the Dakota Marker. Win that and we have bragging rights in two states.

Plus the nickel is outdated too.

ndsubison1
05-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Can someone answer why they should?

I kinda did. Doesnt really bother me either way. I see both sides.

Mr Meaty
05-10-2017, 09:31 PM
i kinda did. Doesnt really bother me either way. I see both sides of the coin.

fify!!!!!!!!

ndsubison1
05-10-2017, 09:34 PM
fify!!!!!!!!

How about we flip it? Indian is play, Bison is museum. ;)

Christopher Moen
05-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Let them have their "precious" the old way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZ8jttmB1M

MAKBison
05-10-2017, 11:55 PM

I would rather not see as a trophy game with them. Been there done that it died when UND did not want to play anymore. The game was replaced with the DM.... one stupid travel trophy is enough.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
05-11-2017, 12:46 AM
It's about tradition. It's the continuity that connects the ages. It adds color and history to the game.[/B]

tjbison
05-11-2017, 01:09 AM
If every rivalry game has a "trophy", to me it begins to lessen the value of playing for one. Just go out and play and win for the sake of doing just that. To me one Rivalry Trophy game is enough. We have the Dakota Marker. Win that and we have bragging rights in two states.

Plus the nickel is outdated too.

Many schools play for multiple traveling trophies, it doesn't diminish anything

tjbison
05-11-2017, 01:10 AM
I would rather not see as a trophy game with them. Been there done that it died when UND did not want to play anymore. The game was replaced with the DM.... one stupid travel trophy is enough.

Disagree, if we are going to play may as well make it more interesting and fun

MAKBison
05-11-2017, 03:47 AM
It's about tradition. It's the continuity that connects the ages. It adds color and history to the game.[/B]

https://youtu.be/6vQpW9XRiyM
Not interested in living in the past. Hit it bruce.

Rockbear99
05-11-2017, 04:31 AM
Put the damn Nickle in the Museum in Bismark. If the NDSU wins the Bison is displayed. If UND wins the other side is displayed.

BisonTeacher
05-11-2017, 04:56 AM
Put the damn Nickle in the Museum in Bismark. If the NDSU wins the Bison is displayed. If UND wins the other side is displayed.

I could live with this compromise.

Son of a Bison
05-11-2017, 09:07 AM

One side would never get displayed.

wagsabison
05-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Display it in Bismarck in some sort of way to show both sides and call it good.

unbison
05-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Display it in Bismarck in some sort of way to show both sides and call it good.

Williston would be a better place to display it a bit further away

louis13
05-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Play for the trophy please. We have deprived an entire generation of NDSU and UND students, including myself, of the chance to witness the great football rivalry between these two school. All you old timers do is bicker about petty BS but you all had your time to witness the traditions of the Bison vs. the Sioux and now maybe us younger guys want in on that great tradition as well. Who cares about the past differences between our administrations, we will be playing yearly very soon so lets make the game interesting. I know none of you want to hear it but I, as an NDSU grad and lifelong bison fan, cannot wait for the day UND beats us on the gridiron because that's what it takes to get all you old timers to stop bitching and to get the rivalry going again.

TransAmBison
05-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Play for the trophy please. We have deprived an entire generation of NDSU and UND students, including myself, of the chance to witness the great football rivalry between these two school. All you old timers do is bicker about petty BS but you all had your time to witness the traditions of the Bison vs. the Sioux and now maybe us younger guys want in on that great tradition as well. Who cares about the past differences between our administrations, we will be playing yearly very soon so lets make the game interesting. I know none of you want to hear it but I, as an NDSU grad and lifelong bison fan, cannot wait for the day UND beats us on the gridiron because that's what it takes to get all you old timers to stop bitching and to get the rivalry going again.First post on BV and uses it to wish und to beat NDSU. Bold strategy.

IzzyFlexion
05-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Play for the trophy please. We have deprived an entire generation of NDSU and UND students, including myself, of the chance to witness the great football rivalry between these two school. All you old timers do is bicker about petty BS but you all had your time to witness the traditions of the Bison vs. the Sioux and now maybe us younger guys want in on that great tradition as well. Who cares about the past differences between our administrations, we will be playing yearly very soon so lets make the game interesting. I know none of you want to hear it but I, as an NDSU grad and lifelong bison fan, cannot wait for the day UND beats us on the gridiron because that's what it takes to get all you old timers to stop bitching and to get the rivalry going again.

https://c.sceneclip.com/data/clip/a11pXkK/clip.small.gif

bisonaudit
05-11-2017, 01:55 PM
First post on BV and uses it to wish und to beat NDSU. Bold strategy.

Lets see if it pays off for em.

Mr Meaty
05-11-2017, 01:56 PM
First post on BV and uses it to wish und to beat NDSU. Bold strategy.

That is a bold move Cotton (louis13).

BadlandsBison
05-11-2017, 02:05 PM

Wow, finally some innovative thinking. To add to this, I think Al Carlson should be the head umpire for all Bison vs. Whioux games. Need to keep things fair.

TransAmBison
05-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Wow, finally some innovative thinking. To add to this, I think Al Carlson should be the head umpire for all Bison vs. Whioux games. Need to keep things fair.And und fans should get priority in the GA tailgating lot. :D :D

runtheoption
05-11-2017, 02:16 PM

Put them on display.

"Look Mommy, he says he is the one that threw the whiskey bottle..."

1993bison
05-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Not. It needs to be on a rotating display so both side are shown equally to prevent any hard feelings.

cbline
05-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Not. It needs to be on a rotating display so both side are shown equally to prevent any hard feelings.

And install a perpetual light that rotates to keep the und side illuminated at all times because, like, "Sioux Forever."

southcliffbison
05-11-2017, 02:36 PM

Hey, Lewie, there's no "in on that" ; It's just a piece of aluminum (I guess) whose only value is what monetary gain would be had if it were smelt down and sold to a junk yard. Yes, I'm an oldtimer.

TransAmBison
05-11-2017, 02:45 PM
I like the idea of putting it in Bismarck. But, right next to it should be the article about how NDSU moving to FCS would be the end of us. The background wall could have a pic of the press conference where und said nobody should play us. Death of a Rivalry could be painted on the wall as well in red (looking like words painted on walls in The Walking Dead).

Bison Loaf
05-11-2017, 02:50 PM

Oh good. As the lifelong Bison fan that you are, you do know then that even when we were playing for the nickel trophy....... all of us dumb-ass old-timers ultimately only cared (and currently still care) about only one trophy.............. and, spoiler alert, it wasn't (and isn't) the nickel. :)

That's the real (and cavernous) difference between the two programs.

Bison Loaf
05-11-2017, 02:54 PM
I like the idea of putting it in Bismarck. But, right next to it should be the article about how NDSU moving to FCS would be the end of us. The background wall could have a pic of the press conference where und said nobody should play us. Death of a Rivalry could be painted on the wall as well in red (looking like words painted on walls in The Walking Dead).

You are one petty son-of-a-bitch! :facepalm2:

ndsubison1
05-11-2017, 03:34 PM

I doubt youre a Bison fan then. Contrary to popular belief, they will beat us at some point.

ZHerd
05-11-2017, 05:39 PM

You're a failure

tony
05-11-2017, 06:00 PM

Hahaha, you are going to get torched for this (and probably already have been.)

First, you make it sound like crusty old Bison fans stopped the Nickel Trophy. Um, that was UND, hiding behind flimsy excuse after flimsy excuse. We can't make them play for it. Based on their logic ("it's awarded to the winner of the annual, regular season NDSUvUND"), UND should have forfeited the trophy back in 2004 when they ducked the Bison.

Second, why stop at one loss? Wouldn't you really be happier if, say, NDSU lost two in a row? Heck, why not three? How about four? Five is a prime number. Six rhymes with stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, NDSU already lost to UND when they let them score in the last game and ended up beating them by only 4 TDs.

Hammerhead
05-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Put it in a display case next to the men's room so the winning team is showing in the hallway and the losing team is visible from the restroom.

IzzyFlexion
05-11-2017, 06:34 PM
You are one petty son-of-a-bitch! :facepalm2:

Wow.
I really need to slow down when reading loafy's stuff.

http://www.no-zaku.com/picture-4/wp-content/uploads/sites/17/2016/11/Lovely-Picture-Of-A-Transvestite.jpg

Bison Loaf
05-11-2017, 07:32 PM

Dammit People! It's time to get down with the program and get our groove back on!!!!

Louie Louie.... oh no...... said we gotta play for her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1p1dM3snQ
Aye-yi-yi-yi, yikes!
Said Louie louie...... oh baby....... we gotta play for her

A fine little trophy, she's waitin' on me
to stop being so petty, and set that girl free
She'll sit out in Bismarck, so scared and alone
cause my crusty old BS will never bring her back home!

Oh! Louie Louie, na-na-na now, said we gotta play for her,
Aye-yi-yi-yi, now!
Said Louie Louie, oh baby, we gotta play for her

Her tail's a thing of beauty, but her head's so taboo
I can't stop thinkin' bout her, what am I gonna do!
My fellow damn old-timers, just won't leave her alone
and our young fans are deprived now, c'mon throw them a bone!

Oh! Louie Louie, woah no, said we gotta play for her,
Aye-yi-yi-yi, boys
Said Louie Louie, oh baby, said we gotta play for her

Okay, let's lose and get this started right now....................

<Insert Guitar Solo Here>

If we'd just let them win one time, this thing would get done
Forget all those titles, man, this game is more fun!
It's just not the same, since she walked out that door
I LOVE HER, oh I love her, and I need her once more!

Aye-yi-yi-yi, yes
We gotta play for her........
We just gotta play for her............
Man, we gotta play for her..........

Milkman
05-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Why do I get the feeling Bison Loaf sounds more like this when he sings those lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsXBHIYjTPw

Bison Loaf
05-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Why do I get the feeling Bison Loaf sounds more like this when he sings those lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsXBHIYjTPw

Sounds like...........acts like..........looks like.............drinks like........................The fact is, I'm just oozing with petty, old-time, immaturity. :paperbag:

But, I'll tell you what.............. with or without the nickel, and with or without UND, and with or without the fancy tailgating, and with or without the cozy indoor covered stadium.........................this program has been an absolute blast for me over the years! :)

(and yes, no surprise that this is probably my favorite movie of all-time! ;))

Bison56
05-11-2017, 11:31 PM

Can I punch you in the face?

BlueBisonRock
05-12-2017, 02:42 AM

Never did consider giving an old girl friend a second shot at the Rock. Especially when they foolishly split the sheets. Same theory applies here.

BTW, you seem to have caught the BV old timers on a good day. I expected red chicklets and see green. Nice.

MAKBison
05-12-2017, 03:16 AM
Wow, finally some innovative thinking. To add to this, I think Al Carlson should be the head umpire for all Bison vs. Whioux games. Need to keep things fair.

As long as Kathy Neset is in the replay booth.

BisonTeacher
05-12-2017, 03:29 AM
BTW, you seem to have caught the BV old timers on a good day. I expected red chicklets and see green. Nice.

Red chicklets? Obvious troll is obvious.

Hey btw...those ex girlfriends...at any time did you ever (in your best Connery) use the line 'Welcome to the Rock?

1993bison
05-12-2017, 03:55 AM
And install a perpetual light that rotates to keep the und side illuminated at all times because, like, "Sioux Forever."
And just to be more fair and politically correct there should be a loud audible hay! Every time the Sioux side rolls around and a boo! For the Bison

56BISON73
05-12-2017, 05:15 AM

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/plnwtf/1920-20Im20Not20Stupid.jpg (http://s145.photobucket.com/user/plnwtf/media/1920-20Im20Not20Stupid.jpg.html)

BlueBisonRock
05-12-2017, 05:32 AM

Hey btw...those ex girlfriends...at any time did you ever (in your best Connery) use the line 'Welcome to the Rock?

If only I was as quick thinking as you.

I did however use the Prudential tag line somewhat effectively. ;)

Christopher Moen
05-12-2017, 05:57 AM
Dammit People! It's time to get down with the program and get our groove back on!!!!

Louie Louie.... oh no...... said we gotta play for her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1p1dM3snQ
Aye-yi-yi-yi, yikes!
Said Louie louie...... oh baby....... we gotta play for her

A fine little trophy, she's waitin' on me
to stop being so petty, and set that girl free
She'll sit out in Bismarck, so scared and alone
cause my crusty old BS will never bring her back home!

Oh! Louie Louie, na-na-na now, said we gotta play for her,
Aye-yi-yi-yi, now!
Said Louie Louie, oh baby, we gotta play for her

Her tail's a thing of beauty, but her head's so taboo
I can't stop thinkin' bout her, what am I gonna do!
My fellow damn old-timers, just won't leave her alone
and our young fans are deprived now, c'mon throw them a bone!

Aye-yi-yi-yi, boys

Okay, let's lose and get this started right now....................

<Insert Guitar Solo Here>

If we'd just let them win one time, this thing would get done
Forget all those titles, man, this game is more fun!
It's just not the same, since she walked out that door
I LOVE HER, oh I love her, and I need her once more!

Aye-yi-yi-yi, yes
We gotta play for her........
We just gotta play for her............
Man, we gotta play for her..........

Finally, someone figured out the lyrics to this Kingsmen song!!!

scottietohottie
05-12-2017, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't waste five pennies on this thread.

Mr Meaty
05-12-2017, 01:05 PM
So if the Nickel trophy is displayed at the Heritage Center. Do I ask for the "Nickel" tour when I go there to see the building. :rofl:

Bison Loaf
05-12-2017, 01:41 PM

I sincerely hope Louis the 13th comes back and posts, especially if he (or she) really is a Bison fan.

I, for one, will have loads of respect for the kid if Post Number 2 comes back with a good self-deprecating sense of humor, sincere contrition for his youthful insolence, and an offer to wash my car every week for the rest of his life.

I'm nothing if not forgiving.

tony
05-12-2017, 01:48 PM
I sincerely hope Louis the 13th comes back and posts, especially if he (or she) really is a Bison fan.

I, for one, will have loads of respect for the kid if Post Number 2 comes back with a good self-deprecating sense of humor, sincere contrition for his youthful insolence, and an offer to wash my car every week for the rest of his life.

I'm nothing if not forgiving.

I ask only three things of the younger generations:

1. Keep your organs healthy
2. Stay off my lawn

Mayville Bison
05-12-2017, 03:12 PM
I ask only four things of the younger generations:

2. Pay into Social Security
3. Stay off my lawn

FIFY - 10 chars

Milkman
05-12-2017, 03:16 PM

1. Keep your organs healthy (ah crap, hope you didn't need a liver)
2. Stay off my lawn (can do!) In my 30s. Does that count as "younger generations"?

BisonTeacher
05-12-2017, 03:18 PM
In my 30s. Does that count as "younger generations"?

I think it depends on your blood pressure and cholesterol.

Milkman
05-12-2017, 03:20 PM
I think it depends on your blood pressure and cholesterol.

Well its pretty shitty for a 30 yr old. So does that make me old at heart? :rimshot:

southcliffbison
05-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Well its pretty shitty for a 30 yr old. So does that make me old at heart? :rimshot:

"Heart", no. "Brain" , yes................As Mickey Mantle said, "If I had known I was going to live so long, maybe I should have taken better care of myself." Something to that effect. He meant that if you take care of yourself now, you don't have to worry about shit later.

louis13
05-12-2017, 03:39 PM

2. Stay off my lawn

Can I urinate on your lawn if I stand on the sidewalk?

southcliffbison
05-12-2017, 03:43 PM

Tony has a Doberman........I wouldn't.

Bison Loaf
05-12-2017, 03:44 PM

While not quite the response we were looking for.............I offer this to the esteemed jury of Bisonville:

1. He could have used the word "piss" and did not.
2. He is putting it in the form of a question, i.e. asking for permission FIRST.
3. At the end of the day, he would not be standing on the grass.......and that's the most important thing!

That's good enough for me!! Welcome aboard Louis!!!

KilldeerBison
05-12-2017, 03:52 PM

Do you know 344Johnson or ByeSonBusiness?

tony
05-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Tony has a Doberman........I wouldn't.

Doberman... pfft. I have Phobos and Deimos here... and they're stone cold killers:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7090/27247943850_2bc84587e8_c.jpg

Don't let their looks fool you - saw these guys completely dismember and disembowel a moose the other day... the squeaking noise it made during the process was nearly unbearable.

Anyway, back on topic: I think NDSU and UND should play for the Nickel Trophy - I'm not buying the line of BS about the NCAA having any problem whatsoever with it.

southcliffbison
05-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Hey, Lewie, don't let the sun glasses fool you.......

Bison Loaf
05-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Anyway, back on topic: I think NDSU and UND should play for the Nickel Trophy - I'm not buying the line of BS about the NCAA having any problem whatsoever with it.

OMG!! Et tu, Tony!! Why don't you just put me on moderation right now!! ...................Wait, check that...............SORRY...............just got a little caught up in all this youthful insolence! :hide: :biggrin:

Bison Bridge Guy
05-13-2017, 02:01 AM
Compromise...new nickel. Bison on one side, Bleacher Creature on the other. Done.

EC8CH
05-13-2017, 03:14 AM
Compromise...new nickel. Bison on one side, Bleacher Creature on the other. Done.

Bison on one side, vodka soaked tampon on the other.

NDSU1980
05-13-2017, 03:19 AM
I ask only xxxx things of the younger generations:

2. Stay off my lawn

3. Join NDSU Teammakers

Ten Characters.

bri-dog
05-13-2017, 03:21 AM
Bison on one side, vodka soaked tampon on the other.

A plugged nickel?

IzzyFlexion
05-13-2017, 05:14 PM
We want our Nickelback!!

Ha, Ha........Scottie2Hotmess!!!!!!

Nickelback!........Nickelback!........Nickelback!. .......Nickelback!

http://www.wikihow.com/images/e/e1/Color-Step-8-12.jpg

MankatoBison
05-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Play for the nickel. It's cool, and I don't think it's really debatable. Traveling trophies are cool (mostly) and this one is actually one of the coolest.

MankatoBison
05-15-2017, 02:46 PM
OR just ask the players. I know so many people who said "No one" wanted to play UN_ ever again, however everytime an actual player was asked, they said differently, as well as the overwhelming majority of the students that were polled. I think sometimes we get inflated heads being die-hard fans and TMs etc, however we often discredit the actual players and students' opinions. I'd be interested to see what the players would think on both teams? Maybe they'd hate it, maybe they'd love it, idk.

Bison 4 Life
05-15-2017, 03:12 PM
OR just ask the players. I know so many people who said "No one" wanted to play UN_ ever again, however everytime an actual player was asked, they said differently, as well as the overwhelming majority of the students that were polled. I think sometimes we get inflated heads being die-hard fans and TMs etc, however we often discredit the actual players and students' opinions. I'd be interested to see what the players would think on both teams? Maybe they'd hate it, maybe they'd love it, idk.

This is absolutely the right take.

Christopher Moen
05-15-2017, 04:36 PM
This is absolutely the right take.

Will Bisonville allow for this happen?

MankatoBison
05-18-2017, 02:45 PM
HAha, not likely... If Bv'ers still had their way, we would still be in the NCC, wearing the same unis from 1972 (and I don't mean throwbacks, I mean the actual SAME uniforms), someone would have literally kamikaze'd the entire UND campus by now, and we would still be play at Dakotah Field. Also we wouldn't have these 5 FCS titles either.

It's always so humorous to me that Bv'ers claim to "not care at all about UND". The antonym of "Love", isn't "hate" (praying for and rejoicing at another person's pain), its actually "Apathy". Which is to say you simply don't care AT ALL what happens to that person- completely neutral. I know '03 was a bad time for many Bv'ers however this whole thing is absolutely childish. The "taking my ball and going home" attitude is 100% as childish as what UN_ pulled when we moved up. Its an embarrassing look for us Bison fans, and it deprives (if Bv'ers have their way) many current and every future Bison fan of a tradition that has the potential of being something cool again. Good thing They are joining the conference again,- it obviously makes sense in every logical way.
well, except for those who still keep pictures of their ex girlfriends under their pillow and cry bitterly every few months at the thought of what could have been, and then go tp her house out of spite. Then the next day your buddy Steve asks "dude are you okay, I saw you tp Jessica's house again last night?" and then you respond "NO, I hate that b*tch, I don't care what she does. I'm over her.....(sniffs, wipes nose and then quickly tries to hide tear-soaked photo back underneath pillow)"

It's like the movie "The social network", except Bv'ers are Jessica Albrecht and WE invented Facebook and are billionaires, but still hold the grudge against Mark Zuckerberg (UN_)for being a jerk 14 years earlier and wont accept their measly friend request.

Also in order to rebuttal this post, you must present your response in Dialogue form (ala the Steve and Jessica etc.) and then use a movie comparison. That will make it much more fun and less hateful, haha

TransAmBison
05-18-2017, 02:50 PM
HAha, not likely... If Bv'ers still had their way, we would still be in the NCC, wearing the same unis from 1972 (and I don't mean throwbacks, I mean the actual SAME uniforms), someone would have literally kamikaze'd the entire UND campus by now, and we would still be play at Dakotah Field. Also we wouldn't have these 5 FCS titles either.

It's always so humorous to me that Bv'ers claim to "not care at all about UND". The antonym of "Love", isn't "hate" (praying for and rejoicing at another person's pain), its actually "Apathy". Which is to say you simply don't care AT ALL what happens to that person- completely neutral. I know '03 was a bad time for many Bv'ers however this whole thing is absolutely childish. The "taking my ball and going home" attitude is 100% as childish as what UN_ pulled when we moved up. Its an embarrassing look for us Bison fans, and it deprives (if Bv'ers have their way) many current and every future Bison fan of a tradition that has the potential of being something cool again. Good thing They are joining the conference again,- it obviously makes sense in every logical way.
well, except for those who still keep pictures of their ex girlfriends under their pillow and cry bitterly every few months at the thought of what could have been, and then go tp her house out of spite. Then the next day your buddy Steve asks "dude are you okay, I saw you tp Jessica's house again last night?" and then you respond "NO, I hate that b*tch, I don't care what she does. I'm over her.....(sniffs, wipes nose and then quickly tries to hide tear-soaked photo back underneath pillow)"

It's like the movie "The social network", except Bv'ers are Jessica Albrecht and WE invented Facebook and are billionaires, but still hold the grudge against Mark Zuckerberg (UN_)for being a jerk 14 years earlier and wont accept their measly friend request.

Also in order to rebuttal this post, you must present your response in Dialogue form (ala the Steve and Jessica etc.) and then use a movie comparison. That will make it much more fun and less hateful, haha Wrong. If BV had its way NDSU would be in the NFL and they would win every game, except for games played against the Vikings...because this year (insert any year) just might be their year and who knows if they will ever get a chance again.

MAKBison
05-18-2017, 02:52 PM

Also in order to rebuttal this post, you must present your response in Dialogue form (ala the Steve and Jessica etc.) and then use a movie comparison. That will make it much more fun and less hateful, haha
@uck that........

MankatoBison
05-18-2017, 02:52 PM
@uck that........

Figurative Dialogue or movie comparison please.

MankatoBison
05-18-2017, 02:55 PM
Wrong. If BV had its way NDSU would be in the NFL and they would win every game, except for games played against the Vikings...because this year (insert any year) just might be their year and who knows if they will ever get a chance again.

I suppose if you are just referring to Lakes, that is true. But I would say the majority of Bv'ers (or at least the loudest Bv'ers) are more of the mindset that NDSU is a Museum. Never change. Everything new is bad, get off my lawn etc etc. (looking at you 56Bison)

TransAmBison
05-18-2017, 03:06 PM
I suppose if you are just referring to Lakes, that is true. But I would say the majority of Bv'ers (or at least the loudest Bv'ers) are more of the mindset that NDSU is a Museum. Never change. Everything new is bad, get off my lawn etc etc. (looking at you 56Bison)That isn't really a very good description of PL. PL has a low tolerance for BS, and he loves to debate/discuss/argue. He usually advocates letting things play out (paraphrasing). Where he actually stands on moving up, staying where we are, etc...I'm not sure he has given that answer. He might not have an answer until "things play out"...

Bison Loaf
05-18-2017, 03:12 PM
I suppose if you are just referring to Lakes, that is true. But I would say the majority of Bv'ers (or at least the loudest Bv'ers) are more of the mindset that NDSU is a Museum. Never change. Everything new is bad, get off my lawn etc etc. (looking at you 56Bison)

Don't you find it just a little bit ironic............that you are ranting about the "never change" crowd............... while at the same time, advocating for turning back the hands of time and playing for the damn Nickel! :rofl:

Now that's the kind of entertainment I was hoping for today!

Bison"FANatic"
05-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Don't you find it just a little bit ironic............that you are ranting about the "never change" crowd............... while at the same time, advocating for turning back the hands of time and playing for the damn Nickel! :rofl:

You have to remember Mankato kicked and screamed and cried for the last about 5 years on here about us not playing UN_ and how UN_ should be with us.

I actually have loved watching UN_ flop around in transition and watching their athletic department hemorrhage money with their move to D1. It makes me smile!!!!

Mankato has now in the last 2 days went back and bumped about every pro UND thread he can find from the last two years on here. If it looks like a Bromance and acts like a Bromance it must be a Bromance.

Bison Loaf
05-18-2017, 03:47 PM

The other irony of ironies is that .........................................even if the entire Bison Nation were in 100% agreement about going back and playing for the Nickel......................UND THEMSELVES will never agree to play for "their precious", ever again.

And somehow, Bisonviller's are the childish ones over this?!

This is really great stuff. :rofl:

AKBison
05-18-2017, 03:52 PM
You have to remember Mankato kicked and screamed and cried for the last about 5 years on here about us not playing UN_ and how UN_ should be with us.

I actually have loved watching UN_ flop around in transition and watching their athletic department hemorrhage money with their move to D1. It makes me smile!!!!

Mankato has now in the last 2 days went back and bumped about every pro UND thread he can find from the last two years on here. If it looks like a Bromance and acts like a Bromance it must be a Bromance.

I was wondering when somebody would shed the light on this clown. Bvillers stuck in 1972??? He has no clue. Somebody nailed it above that we would be in the NFL taking the reigns from the patriots with Snorty proudly displayed on our helmets.

MankatoBison
05-18-2017, 04:34 PM

Firstly, your an jack A**. You didn't create a dialogue OR a movie reference in your response. yes I have I am pro nickel as I think its cool. I think your use of ad-hominem is not only a logical fallacy but also childish- dismissing any opinion different than yours as "kicking and screaming and crying". you must have been the best kind of bully in grade school.

Secondly, I also have a level of schadenfreude. I have enjoyed them flopping around. Adding an annual beatdown while taking their precious trophy would only add to that. How are we not in agreement on this?

Thirdly If you really wanted to discourage my opinion or this conversation you could make an actual argument as why my steve and Jessica scenario is incorrect, or poke holes in my movie reference. but nope. A-hole's gonna a-hole.

fourthly, I haven't "bumped" anything. I responded to threads that were on the main freaking page?? Its okay to respond to threads, on the main page, only if its you or have an opinion identical to yours? got it. Nice. Have fun in your safe space, dick.

Bison"FANatic"
05-18-2017, 04:42 PM
Firstly, your an jack A**. You didn't create a dialogue OR a movie reference in your response. yes I have I am pro nickel as I think its cool. I think your use of ad-hominem is not only a logical fallacy but also childish- dismissing any opinion different than yours as "kicking and screaming and crying". you must have been the best kind of bully in grade school.

Secondly, I also have a level of schadenfreude. I have enjoyed them flopping around. Adding an annual beatdown while taking their precious trophy would only add to that. How are we not in agreement on this?

Thirdly If you really wanted to discourage my opinion or this conversation you could make an actual argument as why my steve and Jessica scenario is incorrect, or poke holes in my movie reference. but nope. A-hole's gonna a-hole.

fourthly, I haven't "bumped" anything. I responded to threads that were on the main freaking page?? Its okay to respond to threads, on the main page, only if its you or have an opinion identical to yours? got it. Nice. Have fun in your safe space, dick.

Yay I'm a Jack*** and a dick!!!!!

I was just pointing out the back story of your posts on here nothing more nothing less. You can have your opinion and post it all day and night on here if you want that is what a message board is for.

MankatoBison
05-18-2017, 04:43 PM

The other irony of ironies is that .........................................even if the entire Bison Nation were in 100% agreement about going back and playing for the Nickel......................UND THEMSELVES will never agree to play for "their precious", ever again.

And somehow, Bisonviller's are the childish ones over this?!

This is really great stuff. :rofl:

1. I'm advocating for doing something different than now- which is by definition "change". Not Ironic at all. in fact, it is specifically Ironic that you think NOT doing something different is "Changing"? You're an idiot.
2. You're right on the second quote. That would be childish of UN_. It would also be childish of us to cave to the PC crowd and say it should be put in a museum for no one to enjoy. (again, not changing). I know this is hard for you to understand. But being "childish" isn't mutually exclusive to one group of people. UN_ can be childish, and our response to other people being childish, can in fact be "Childish" as well. I know this ifs difficult for you but two people can be childish at the exact same time.

MankatoBison
05-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Yay I'm a Jack*** and a dick!!!!!

I was just pointing out the back story of your posts on here nothing more nothing less. You can have your opinion and post it all day and night on here if you want that is what a message board is for.

No, you were lying. "Bumping pro UN_ posts from the last two years?" whaat? It was on the main page and I responded to it, so you said I was "bumping" it to dismiss an opinion different than yours. nope. simply responding the exact same threads YOU were already responding to.

Anytime you actually want to attack the argument itself, feel free. Anytime you want to state an actual reason not to play and play for the nickel besides "but 2003!", I'd love to hear it! I'm not above changing my mind if there's actual reasons NOT to do something if its not based on emotions

Bison"FANatic"
05-18-2017, 05:11 PM
No, you were lying. "Bumping pro UN_ posts from the last two years?" whaat? It was on the main page and I responded to it, so you said I was "bumping" it to dismiss an opinion different than yours. nope. simply responding the exact same threads YOU were already responding to.

Anytime you actually want to attack the argument itself, feel free. Anytime you want to state an actual reason not to play and play for the nickel besides "but 2003!", I'd love to hear it! I'm not above changing my mind if there's actual reasons NOT to do something if its not based on emotions

The reason I have for not playing for the nickle is that it has our Logo on one side and a image that they were forced to drop as their logo on the other. I don't care what UND does but we should not touch anything as toxic as that logo fight was and is. If a Nickle wants to be made with a Bison on one side and a Hawk on the other then by all means go ahead and play for it I don't care. NDSU does not need to and should not come anywhere close to putting themselves in a position to even have to answer any questions pertaining to a issue that has been resolved and has no upside for NDSU except to make a few people who cling to the past happy.

Bison Loaf
05-18-2017, 06:24 PM
1. I'm advocating for doing something different than now- which is by definition "change". Not Ironic at all. in fact, it is specifically Ironic that you think NOT doing something different is "Changing"? You're an idiot.
2. You're right on the second quote. That would be childish of UN_. It would also be childish of us to cave to the PC crowd and say it should be put in a museum for no one to enjoy. (again, not changing). I know this is hard for you to understand. But being "childish" isn't mutually exclusive to one group of people. UN_ can be childish, and our response to other people being childish, can in fact be "Childish" as well. I know this ifs difficult for you but two people can be childish at the exact same time.

I am for doing something different than now - like changing our name from the Bison to the Water Buffaloes. I'm sure you will agree.

It's "change" and, obviously, if you are not for MY kind of "change", then you are part of the childish, do nothing, PC-ish, stay off my lawn crowd. So there!

Oh, and I'm going to tell my Mom on you for calling me names. Then you're gonna be in big trouble, mister!

TransAmBison
05-18-2017, 06:34 PM
I am for doing something different than now - like changing our name from the Bison to the Water Buffaloes. I'm sure you will agree.

It's "change" and, obviously, if you are not for MY kind of "change", then you are part of the childish, do nothing, PC-ish, stay off my lawn crowd. So there!

Oh, and I'm going to tell my Mom on you for calling me names. Then you're gonna be in big trouble, mister!You budged in line. It was my turn to post next! Tony!!!!!

Green1
05-18-2017, 06:39 PM
You budged in line. It was my turn to post next! Tony!!!!!

You guys are hogging all the posts. I'm telling! Tony!!!!

TransAmBison
05-18-2017, 06:43 PM
You guys are hogging all the posts. I'm telling! Tony!!!!One more outburst from you and you will be banned from posting like Tatanka.

Green1
05-18-2017, 06:48 PM
One more outburst from you and you will be banned from posting like Tatanka.

Fine. I'm taking my keyboard and going home! :bleh:

Bison Loaf
05-18-2017, 06:57 PM
Fine. I'm taking my keyboard and going home! :bleh:

Oh no you don't! Not before we play for it, you jackass! Suit up right now!

TransAmBison
05-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Oh no you don't! Not before we play for it, you jackass! Suit up right now!Slow down...we have to tailgate first.

Green1
05-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Oh no you don't! Not before we play for it, you jackass! Suit up right now!

I'm made of rubber and you're made of glue....

I think you know how this will end, Elmer!

Green1
05-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Slow down...we have to tailgate first.

Will there be milk and cookies??

TransAmBison
05-18-2017, 07:03 PM
Will there be milk and cookies??Next you are gonna want a li'l carpet mat and story time! Grow up!

Christopher Moen
05-18-2017, 07:20 PM

Only for those who demand to sit on their hands while watching (reading) this faux drama.

totoinfl
05-18-2017, 08:12 PM

No, but to maintain the PC part of the world...everyone will get a trophy....just not a nickel

Green1
05-18-2017, 08:26 PM
Next you are gonna want a li'l carpet mat and story time! Grow up!

I thought everybody's tailgate included stories?

Christopher Moen
05-18-2017, 08:26 PM
No, but to maintain the PC part of the world...everyone will get a trophy....just not a nickel

How about we all just get "dimes" instead!

http://filmpopper.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Bo-Derek-in-10-Swimsuit.jpg

Bison Loaf
05-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Only for those who demand to sit on their hands while watching (reading) this faux drama.

Hey, don't forget that it was actually YOU that started this, CM! ;)

Your ill-advised and childish post below, brought down from on high the great wisdom and maturity of one of our Bison brothers, to deliver a semi-disrespectful but well-deserved thrashing of ALL Bisonvillers in general, for our antics with regards to our great friends up North ............. and that, in turn, prompted the children among us (like TAB and Green1, of course) to get upset and throw a tantrum. But I say, God bless him, everyone! It's about time we had a little dose of "tough love" around here! :)

Will Bisonville allow for this happen?

Christopher Moen
05-18-2017, 09:36 PM
Hey, don't forget that it was actually YOU that started this, CM! ;)

Your ill-advised and childish post below, brought down from on high the great wisdom and maturity of one of our Bison brothers, to deliver a semi-disrespectful but well-deserved thrashing of ALL Bisonvillers in general, for our antics with regards to our great friends up North ............. and that, in turn, prompted the children among us (like TAB and Green1, of course) to get upset and throw a tantrum. But I say, God bless him, everyone! It's about time we had a little dose of "tough love" around here! :)

Got to have something to read while I'm eating my popcorn!

ZHerd
05-18-2017, 11:15 PM
Anyone that wants to play UND is a synthetic Bison fan and a horrible person. Probably kicks little girls puppies too...and is unpatriotic

Christopher Moen
05-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Anyone that wants to play UND is a synthetic Bison fan and a horrible person. Probably kicks little girls puppies too...and is unpatriotic

That's a crappy way to view Bison athletes (past, present and future) who enjoy piss-pounding the heck out of the F'Hawkers. Nobody is above an arse-whooping, and that especially includes UND.

ZHerd
05-19-2017, 01:37 AM
That's a crappy way to view Bison athletes (past, present and future) who enjoy piss-pounding the heck out of the F'Hawkers. Nobody is above an arse-whooping, and that especially includes UND.

Communists

Christopher Moen
05-19-2017, 02:36 AM
Communists

Nope, just a bunch of Fearless Opportunists.

ZHerd
05-19-2017, 02:50 AM
Nope, just a bunch of Fearless Opportunists.

Ya, really fantastic opportunity...ranks right up there with beating KState, and getting to play the Ducks....I'm so pumped

Christopher Moen
05-19-2017, 04:07 AM
Ya, really fantastic opportunity...ranks right up there with beating KState, and getting to play the Ducks....I'm so pumped

Whoever NDSU plays is not about you.

ZHerd
05-19-2017, 05:27 AM

Oh well doesn't that just change everything. I guess it really must be an awesome game...those fearless, brave opportunistic dudes taking on the mighty juggernaght up north. It will keep our institution healthy and make our brand known to the universe. Who even needs P5 games with such an incredible foe at our doorstep

Christopher Moen
05-19-2017, 06:08 AM
Oh well doesn't that just change everything. I guess it really must be an awesome game...those fearless, brave opportunistic dudes taking on the mighty juggernaght up north. It will keep our institution healthy and make our brand known to the universe. Who even needs P5 games with such an incredible foe at our doorstep

Playing UND as a conference foe has nothing to do with the ability to play P5 schools. NDSU not being a cupcake has everything about P5 schools not wanting to pay for a lost.

C'mon, you've got to be smarter than trying to correlate the two, even with all your hyperbole.

El_Chapo
05-19-2017, 08:53 AM

shut up playing und provides ndsu with ZERO RETURN nothing zip zilch.

buy out 2019 nd get $500k fbs game

ZHerd
05-19-2017, 11:27 AM
Playing UND as a conference foe has nothing to do with the ability to play P5 schools. NDSU not being a cupcake has everything about P5 schools not wanting to pay for a lost.

C'mon, you've got to be smarter than trying to correlate the two, even with all your hyperbole.

The hyperbole doesn't sound any sillier than saying that playing UND is fearless and opportunistic. It's really simple, NDSU playing UND as a conference foe again is stagnation. You could argue it's more them ascending but it's to us it's a form of stagnating. Spin it positively any way you want. It still completely reeks. It's a dumb thing for people to be excited about and I think 7 years from now most people will be feeling that NDSU football is going backwards. If I'm wrong great, but I highly doubt I am

wagsabison
05-19-2017, 12:05 PM
The hyperbole doesn't sound any sillier than saying that playing UND is fearless and opportunistic. It's really simple, NDSU playing UND as a conference foe again is stagnation. You could argue it's more them ascending but it's to us it's a form of stagnating. Spin it positively any way you want. It still completely reeks. It's a dumb thing for people to be excited about and I think 7 years from now most people will be feeling that NDSU football is going backwards. If I'm wrong great, but I highly doubt I am

Is NDSU playing SDSU & USD as conference mates stagnation?

Bison03
05-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Oh please. Get over yoursef. The und/ndsu football rivalry was amazing in the past and will be again with both teams DI.

ZHerd
05-19-2017, 12:32 PM
Oh please. Get over yoursef. The und/ndsu football rivalry was amazing in the past and will be again with both teams DI.

Every fan (that includes you) is into themself. They are into something that they consider enjoyable. So "get over yoursef"...seeing our chief regional competitor built up and going backwards into a past that wasn't and won't be as enjoyable as recent times isn't fun imo.

Bison Loaf
05-19-2017, 12:59 PM
The und/ndsu football rivalry was amazing in the past and will be again with both teams DI.

I think I'm starting to really be able to sort out all these factions around here. As far as I can tell:

1. There is the so-called "do-nothing" crowd that hates change and childishly wants to stay wherever it is at the moment - which is currently at the top of the FCS heap. Oh, and stay off the damn grass, too!
2. Then there is the so-called "FBS now" crowd that won't be happy until we leave all the JV stuff behind and move up right now! And don't you dare ask them to pay for it either!
3. And then.......there is the crowd that enjoys all the success where we are at now, does indeed think it would be cool to move up to FBS really, really soon.....................but ultimately swears allegiance to the fact that there could NEVER be anything ever that compares to the greatness of the NDSU/UND rivalry in football, and whatever else the hell we do, it damn well better include playing them annually (for the Nickel trophy)!

Am I getting pretty close to figuring all this out?

TransAmBison
05-19-2017, 01:28 PM
I think I'm starting to really be able to sort out all these factions around here. As far as I can tell:

1. There is the so-called "do-nothing" crowd that hates change and childishly wants to stay wherever it is at the moment - which is currently at the top of the FCS heap. Oh, and stay off the damn grass, too!
2. Then there is the so-called "FBS now" crowd that won't be happy until we leave all the JV stuff behind and move up right now! And don't you dare ask them to pay for it either!
3. And then.......there is the crowd that enjoys all the success where we are at now, does indeed think it would be cool to move up to FBS really, really soon.....................but ultimately swears allegiance to the fact that there could NEVER be anything ever that compares to the greatness of the NDSU/UND rivalry in football, and whatever else the hell we do, it damn well better include playing them annually (for the Nickel trophy)!

Am I getting pretty close to figuring all this out?What about the straight to NFL crowd? They have a voice too and will not be silenced!

Bison Loaf
05-19-2017, 01:56 PM
What about the straight to NFL crowd? They have a voice too and will not be silenced!

You're right, I forgot about that one! Those guys rock!

Yet..................I just can't help thinking that I'm still missing another group out there somewhere. At least I hope I'm still missing another group, because - as hard as I might try - I just don't seem to fit into ANY of these wildly popular groups! :confused:

Oh well. That probably says more about ME than anything else. :uhyeah: In the end, I'm only left to quote an old 1972 pop song (a vintage year that I seem to be stuck in)

"................... in my hour of need............................ I truly am indeed........................ alone again, naturally." :o

runtheoption
05-19-2017, 01:57 PM

Am I getting pretty close to figuring all this out? One addition:

4. And then.......there is the crowd that enjoys all the success where we are at now, does indeed think it would be cool to move up to FBS really, really soon.....................but ultimately swears allegiance to the fact that NOTHING IS WORSE than the NDSU/UND rivalry in football, and whatever else the hell we do, it damn well better include not playing them unless it is in the playoffs or a bowl game!

Bison Loaf
05-19-2017, 02:11 PM
One addition:

4. And then.......there is the crowd that enjoys all the success where we are at now, does indeed think it would be cool to move up to FBS really, really soon.....................but ultimately swears allegiance to the fact that NOTHING IS WORSE than the NDSU/UND rivalry in football, and whatever else the hell we do, it damn well better include not playing them unless it is in the playoffs or a bowl game!

Thank-you! Forgot about them too. Also known as "The Gene Taylor Experience". I believe that the UND/Nickel crowd still refuses to speak to him to this day! :)

southcliffbison
05-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Thank-you! Forgot about them too. Also known as "The Gene Taylor Experience". I believe that the UND/Nickel crowd still refuses to speak to him to this day! :)

.........which breaks Gene's heart, no doubt......

Christopher Moen
05-19-2017, 05:29 PM

Playing UND as a conference foe has nothing to do with stagnation. NDSU is at the FCS level because of their size and finances. There is no place to go to without bankrupting the school. If you think NDSU is going to become a P5 anytime soon, or even within our lifetime, you're a naïve fool. There's a lot of bigger schools with more money that are way ahead on that waiting list. That's just a pipe dream. We're just a small DI school with limited funds. Thankfully the FCS exists, or we'd still be DII and would never had gotten the opportunity to play P5 teams to begin with. It sucks, but it's the reality we exist in.

Just because a school within our geographic footprint that is nearly identical in size and finances joins our conference doesn't mean the program is going backwards. Before NDSU joined the MVFC (with the help of SDSU), the conference was spinning its wheels and going nowhere (UNI was King and was content with conference titles). Since our arrival, the MVFC has become the premiere FCS conference, and better than many G5 conferences. The main reason for this is because of the Bison. Our school has caused pretty much everyone in the conference to raise their game, including Indiana State. UND doesn't take any of that away. Those F'Hawkers have been raising their game too, and by the time they get into the MVFC, they won't be worse than the terrible teams in the conference, and therefore, not making the conference weaker.

Having all Dakota schools competing against one another is good for NDSU. It prevents us from becoming complacent. Seeing our core rivalries rise will keep us moving forward in order to prevent them from surpassing us. Need proof? Just go back a few weeks ago to Larsen talking about building an indoor practice facility. Would we be doing that if SDSU and UND didn't have one? I doubt it. Same thing can be said with the renovation of the BSA into the SHAC.

Competition is a good thing, especially when it involves those you dislike the most. Throwing a fit about playing them just means you're afraid of them. Personally, I could care less whether UND is in our conference and we have to play them, but I will enjoy watching the Bison beat them down if the opportunity rises. I enjoy listening to their knucklehead fans boost about how they can win before the game, then are left miserably speechless afterwords.

Bison Loaf
05-19-2017, 05:56 PM
.........which breaks Gene's heart, no doubt......

Poor Gene is still trying to figure out to this very day.....................how his bungled handling of the UND situation.......................stifled his promising upward career path.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, puts the kibosh on the restart of a sacred regional rivalry............and lives to tell about it!

Wait. What?

Bison 4 Life
05-19-2017, 06:02 PM
You're right, I forgot about that one! Those guys rock!

Yet..................I just can't help thinking that I'm still missing another group out there somewhere. At least I hope I'm still missing another group, because - as hard as I might try - I just don't seem to fit into ANY of these wildly popular groups! :confused:

Oh well. That probably says more about ME than anything else. :uhyeah: In the end, I'm only left to quote an old 1972 pop song (a vintage year that I seem to be stuck in)

"................... in my hour of need............................ I truly am indeed........................ alone again, naturally." :o

I discovered that song was #1 the week I was born.

As it stands, this post contributes as much to the discussion as any.

totoinfl
05-19-2017, 06:08 PM
How about we all just get "dimes" instead!

http://filmpopper.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Bo-Derek-in-10-Swimsuit.jpg

Seems appropriate with the inflation calculated in.

NDSU1980
05-20-2017, 01:01 AM
Seems appropriate with the inflation calculated in.

Depends on what you're inflating.

southcliffbison
05-20-2017, 04:54 PM
Poor Gene is still trying to figure out to this very day.....................how his bungled handling of the UND situation.......................stifled his promising upward career path.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, puts the kibosh on the restart of a sacred regional rivalry............and lives to tell about it!

Wait. What?

.......and such a promising career, too.............oh, what could have been.......

tjamz
05-21-2017, 10:02 PM

3. There is the crowd that enjoys all the success where we are at now, does indeed think it would be cool to move up to FBS really, really soon
3(a). And then.......there is the crowd that enjoys all the success where we are at now, does indeed think it would be cool to move up to FBS really, really soon.....................but ultimately swears allegiance to the fact that there could NEVER be anything ever that compares to the greatness of the NDSU/UND rivalry in football, and whatever else the hell we do, it damn well better include playing them annually (for the Nickel trophy)!

Am I getting pretty close to figuring all this out?

Close, but I'll see if I can fix your post for you.

bisonhp330
05-22-2017, 12:30 AM
Playing UND as a conference foe has nothing to do with stagnation. NDSU is at the FCS level because of their size and finances. There is no place to go to without bankrupting the school. If you think NDSU is going to become a P5 anytime soon, or even within our lifetime, you're a naïve fool. There's a lot of bigger schools with more money that are way ahead on that waiting list. That's just a pipe dream. We're just a small DI school with limited funds. Thankfully the FCS exists, or we'd still be DII and would never had gotten the opportunity to play P5 teams to begin with. It sucks, but it's the reality we exist in.

Just because a school within our geographic footprint that is nearly identical in size and finances joins our conference doesn't mean the program is going backwards. Before NDSU joined the MVFC (with the help of SDSU), the conference was spinning its wheels and going nowhere (UNI was King and was content with conference titles). Since our arrival, the MVFC has become the premiere FCS conference, and better than many G5 conferences. The main reason for this is because of the Bison. Our school has caused pretty much everyone in the conference to raise their game, including Indiana State. UND doesn't take any of that away. Those F'Hawkers have been raising their game too, and by the time they get into the MVFC, they won't be worse than the terrible teams in the conference, and therefore, not making the conference weaker.

Having all Dakota schools competing against one another is good for NDSU. It prevents us from becoming complacent. Seeing our core rivalries rise will keep us moving forward in order to prevent them from surpassing us. Need proof? Just go back a few weeks ago to Larsen talking about building an indoor practice facility. Would we be doing that if SDSU and UND didn't have one? I doubt it. Same thing can be said with the renovation of the BSA into the SHAC.

Competition is a good thing, especially when it involves those you dislike the most. Throwing a fit about playing them just means you're afraid of them. Personally, I could care less whether UND is in our conference and we have to play them, but I will enjoy watching the Bison beat them down if the opportunity rises. I enjoy listening to their knucklehead fans boost about how they can win before the game, then are left miserably speechless afterwords.

You sir are banned. This is no place for wordy rational posts. Please shorten, use ideas that only upset people and repost.

Christopher Moen
05-22-2017, 12:45 AM
You sir are banned. This is no place for wordy rational posts. Please shorten, use ideas that only upset people and repost.

https://img.memesuper.com/c085fc17aee08832e328e26e980da801_im-sorry-funny-im-sorry-memes_625-662.jpeg

Green1
05-22-2017, 03:28 AM

More name calling. Also, please involve some sort of political slant or slur in your posts. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Christopher Moen
05-22-2017, 05:48 AM
More name calling. Also, please involve some sort of political slant or slur in your posts. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

You want me to channel my-inner Donald Trump? I'm going to have to ram my head through a few walls first.

MankatoBison
05-22-2017, 06:55 PM

Correct. Couldn't agree more. How on earth is this attitude somehow controversial here? I don't get it.

El_Chapo
05-22-2017, 07:03 PM
its controversial because this is the NCC 2.0 !!!

what the HELL dont you old timers get about this!!

NDSU has plateaued, there is no where to go UP with FOOTBALL.

NDSU is going to be DRAGGED down by the NCC 2.0 mark my words.. its TIME to DO something!!

THEsocalledfan
05-24-2017, 01:19 PM

I loved this post. I always want NDSU to strive for greatness, but NDSU will always be an odd duck that really fits no where. And the sparse population leads to simply too little revenue to move anywhere beyond the directional and private schools we are stuck with.. All we can hope for is a P5 split to improve the current situation. Or, maybe better yet, the B1G allowing FCS games again. I see nothing better and we need to accept that.

oldmantutters
05-24-2017, 02:40 PM
I loved this post. I always want NDSU to strive for greatness, but NDSU will always be an odd duck that really fits no where. And the sparse population leads to simply too little revenue to move anywhere beyond the directional and private schools we are stuck with.. All we can hope for is a P5 split to improve the current situation. Or, maybe better yet, the B1G allowing FCS games again. I see nothing better and we need to accept that.
Not to mention the semi-rapid growth that NDSU has gone through especially since the move up to D1. NDSU is still pretty small enrollment-wise in comparison to other state universities, and was tiny before the move up. Making their alumni base and in turn endowment pretty small.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

MAKBison
05-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Correct. Couldn't agree more. How on earth is this attitude somehow controversial here? I don't get it.

Except that the basic premise (competition) of cm post would hold true even without the Dakota schools. Anway, dont let a well written post stand in the way of good strawman. Fact is that stagnation set in once with the old gang.....take a look back. Chances are it will happen again. So yeah, when the pack catches up its a warning sign. Sure, there is time to sit around with the gang, but eventually stagnation will once again set in until someone in the group decides to make a "radical" move and pull everyone up again. I am hoping ndsu leads the way, but.....as the wise man said. We will see!

WhoRepsTheLurker
05-24-2017, 05:14 PM

I respectfully disagree, although I do agree with Chris.

NDSU has already set itself apart from the other 3 Dakota schools, based primarily on a more ‘urban’ location and a higher research profile. If you doubt the latter I can dig up statistics.

FM will continue to grow and NDSU – barring inept leadership – should continue to grow as well. With UMN raising the admission bar, NDSU should have a plan to grow off the coattails of the cities. Of the 4 Dakota schools, we are best positioned to do this because we are the closest to MSP. An enrollment of 20k or so within the next 10 years should be a realistic objective.

The P5 split is pure fantasy, just like relegation. If NDSU wants to continue to thrive, it must not settle for the status quo. If we want to avoid stagnation, we need to strive to become attractive to a desirable FBS conference at some point in the not-too-distant future.

ZHerd
05-24-2017, 05:17 PM
I respectfully disagree, although I do agree with Chris.

NDSU has already set itself apart from the other 3 Dakota schools, based primarily on a more ‘urban’ location and a higher research profile. If you doubt the latter I can dig up statistics.

FM will continue to grow and NDSU – barring inept leadership – should continue to grow as well. With UMN raising the admission bar, NDSU should have a plan to grow off the coattails of the cities. Of the 4 Dakota schools, we are best positioned to do this because we are the closest to MSP. An enrollment of 20k or so within the next 10 years should be a realistic objective.

The P5 split is pure fantasy, just like relegation. If NDSU wants to continue to thrive, it must not settle for the status quo. If we want to avoid stagnation, we need to strive to become attractive to a desirable FBS conference at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Not unless we bring UND with us. Without them we will be less competitive and complacent

THEsocalledfan
05-24-2017, 05:21 PM
Of the 4 Dakota schools, we are best positioned to do this because we are the closest to MSP.

Not the last time I checked. (You are not the first to forget Brookings is closer.)

WhoRepsTheLurker
05-24-2017, 05:40 PM
Not the last time I checked. (You are not the first to forget Brookings is closer.)

As the crow flies, sure, but 80 mph on I94 is going to be hard to beat.

WhoRepsTheLurker
05-24-2017, 05:42 PM
Not unless we bring UND with us. Without them we will be less competitive and complacent

I just don't see it that way. Sorry. We should strive to leave them in the vapors ...

Bison Loaf
05-24-2017, 05:55 PM
Except that the basic premise (competition) of cm post would hold true even without the Dakota schools. Anway, dont let a well written post stand in the way of good strawman. Fact is that stagnation set in once with the old gang.....take a look back. Chances are it will happen again. So yeah, when the pack catches up its a warning sign. Sure, there is time to sit around with the gang, but eventually stagnation will once again set in until someone in the group decides to make a "radical" move and pull everyone up again. I am hoping ndsu leads the way, but.....as the wise man said. We will see!

This was the first thing I thought of also when reading CM's post. The last time I remember NDSU football stagnating.............was when all the Dakotas WERE still together.

I enjoy CM and his posts very much, but I fear that he has inadvertently set himself up here as the BV champion of UND as a "must-have" partner for NDSU's future football dreams and aspirations. I doubt that's what he really meant, but he'll have to answer for that himself.

He was, I think, more specifically refuting the notion that UND now being in NDSU's conference again...........automatically represents stagnation for NDSU. If you look at things objectively and in the moment, without factoring any history into it, that probably is true............in and of itself, UND in our conference again, doesn't necessarily represent stagnation. (There, I said it! :))

HOWEVER, there is and was a history with UND, and that is where others have some concerns and may, indeed, EQUATE this reunion to real stagnation. Many feel that UND - more than any other of the Dakota schools, has attempted to slow (some would say sabotage) NDSU's relentless attempts to raise it's own football program to new heights and levels. There is always a chance that they might attempt to do so again. Whether they would be successful or not, within this conference configuration, is unkown at this time, but never dismiss the concern that some have about it.

But why would UND do that, you ask?

UND is a hockey school. It's what their constituents and supporters want. But dollar for dollar, hockey is a spendy sport in general, and especially at the D1 level. If, then, UND's football conference mates are investing more and more dollars in raising their levels of football, and if UND has to follow suit for competitive reasons, it just makes sense that there will be that much less dollars available for UND to raise or maintain their level of hockey. And that is what is REALLY important to them. Don't kid yourself that if UND could play (and beat) NDSU at the very LOWEST, least spendy levels of college football, they would do so in a heartbeat. There is a REASON why the hockey-playing schools in the old NCC, didn't want to move up to D1 in football. So there's a huge difference between UND and the two SoDaks in this respect, and, in my opinion, anyone who equates them as just the same regional rivals that are always good for each other............misses the underlying athletic goals of each these institutions.

ZHerd
05-24-2017, 05:57 PM
I just don't see it that way. Sorry. We should strive to leave them in the vapors ...

Agreed, I was being sarcastic due to some of the ludicrous assertions in this thread

Christopher Moen
05-24-2017, 06:54 PM
This was the first thing I thought of also when reading CM's post. The last time I remember NDSU football stagnating.............was when all the Dakotas WERE still together.

I enjoy CM and his posts very much, but I fear that he has inadvertently set himself up here as the BV champion of UND as a "must-have" partner for NDSU's future football dreams and aspirations. I doubt that's what he really meant, but he'll have to answer for that himself.

He was, I think, more specifically refuting the notion that UND now being in NDSU's conference again...........automatically represents stagnation for NDSU. If you look at things objectively and in the moment, without factoring any history into it, that probably is true............in and of itself, UND in our conference again, doesn't necessarily represent stagnation. (There, I said it! :))

HOWEVER, there is and was a history with UND, and that is where others have some concerns and may, indeed, EQUATE this reunion to real stagnation. Many feel that UND - more than any other of the Dakota schools, has attempted to slow (some would say sabotage) NDSU's relentless attempts to raise it's own football program to new heights and levels. There is always a chance that they might attempt to do so again. Whether they would be successful or not, within this conference configuration, is unkown at this time, but never dismiss the concern that some have about it.

But why would UND do that, you ask?

UND is a hockey school. It's what their constituents and supporters want. But dollar for dollar, hockey is a spendy sport in general, and especially at the D1 level. If, then, UND's football conference mates are investing more and more dollars in raising their levels of football, and if UND has to follow suit for competitive reasons, it just makes sense that there will be that much less dollars available for UND to raise or maintain their level of hockey. And that is what is REALLY important to them. Don't kid yourself that if UND could play (and beat) NDSU at the very LOWEST, least spendy levels of college football, they would do so in a heartbeat. There is a REASON why the hockey-playing schools in the old NCC, didn't want to move up to D1 in football. So there's a huge difference between UND and the two SoDaks in this respect, and, in my opinion, anyone who equates them as just the same regional rivals that are always good for each other............misses the underlying athletic goals of each these institutions.

No, UND is not a must-have partner for NDSU to keep moving forward. SDSU, on the other hand, is probably our key partner.

My main point was that UND is a non-factor in regards to how NDSU progresses forward in football and it is ridiculous to whine about them playing us. It makes those who do sound like a bunch of five year old boys worrying about being around girls because they have kooties. I could care less about having to play them, but when we do, I'm going to enjoy watching the Bison give the F'Hawkers a beatdown as if it were a public execution.

In regards to becoming stagnant, one has to keep in mind of the political power differences between the MVFC and the old NCC. We became stagnant in the old NCC because we allowed the others schools, especially UND, to cut our balls off. UND had a big voice in the NCC. In the MVFC, where UND has a tiny voice, there are too many other schools that want to be competitive for the National Championship to allow for stupid ideas (lower scholarship limit) to exist. If anything like that were to happen, expect NDSU and SDSU to exit quickly.

The only options UND has in regards to joining the MVFC is to become a conference doormat or continue to grow their program. A lot will depend on how much they continue to over-invest in hockey (their ROI in the sport is mind-boggling stupid). Neither options will cause NDSU to become stagnant (in fact the latter option will prevent it). NDSU controls their own destination, and those in charge are well aware of it.

Christopher Moen
05-24-2017, 07:02 PM
Agreed, I was being sarcastic due to some of the ludicrous assertions in this thread

Ludicrous is a dangerous word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygE01sOhzz0

Bison Loaf
05-24-2017, 07:56 PM
No, UND is not a must-have partner for NDSU to keep moving forward. SDSU, on the other hand, is probably our key partner.

My main point was that UND is a non-factor in regards to how NDSU progresses forward in football and it is ridiculous to whine about them playing us. It makes those who do sound like a bunch of five year old boys worrying about being around girls because they have kooties. I could care less about having to play them, but when we do, I'm going to enjoy watching the Bison give the F'Hawkers a beatdown as if it were a public execution.

In regards to becoming stagnant, one has to keep in mind of the political power differences between the MVFC and the old NCC. We became stagnant in the old NCC because we allowed the others schools, especially UND, to cut our balls off. UND had a big voice in the NCC. In the MVFC, where UND has a tiny voice, there are too many other schools that want to be competitive for the National Championship to allow for stupid ideas (lower scholarship limit) to exist. If anything like that were to happen, expect NDSU and SDSU to exit quickly.

The only options UND has in regards to joining the MVFC is to become a conference doormat or continue to grow their program. A lot will depend on how much they continue to over-invest in hockey (their ROI in the sport is mind-boggling stupid). Neither options will cause NDSU to become stagnant (in fact the latter option will prevent it). NDSU controls their own destination, and those in charge are well aware of it.

Agreed that UND would, ostensibly, have less of a voice in this new conference configuration. But I'm not sure I can agree with you about the non-factor part, CM.

We've got to remember that they (UND) still do have, and likely always will have....................representative power at the purse strings (or other avenues of influence) in the ND legislature. It always seemed to me that if, and when, UND was in the same football conference again....................their benefactors in the Legislature will/would always make sure that, in football at least, NDSU and UND will/would always be on equal footing...............even if that means putting the brakes on one of the institutions (I wonder who that would be?) to do it. It is in that way that NDSU would not/does NOT control it's own football destiny with UND in tow.

I may have been somewhat naïve in my thinking also, but I further thought (maybe "hoped" is the better word here) that if, and when, the football teams were NOT in the same conference or in the same division............ this notion of equal footing would be less pronounced, and become, over time, a thing of the past. In other words ..... hoping that the attitude would eventually become: "NDSU is the "football" school and UND is the "hockey' school. Let each of them work toward getting to and maintaining those respective programs at the highest level possible, whatever that is".

Christopher Moen
05-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Agreed that UND would, ostensibly, have less of a voice in this new conference configuration. But I'm not sure I can agree with you about the non-factor part, CM.

We've got to remember that they (UND) still do have, and likely always will have....................representative power at the purse strings (or other avenues of influence) in the ND legislature. It always seemed to me that if, and when, UND was in the same football conference again....................their benefactors in the Legislature will/would always make sure that, in football at least, NDSU and UND will/would always be on equal footing...............even if that means putting the brakes on one of the institutions (I wonder who that would be?) to do it. It is in that way that NDSU would not/does NOT control it's own football destiny with UND in tow.

I may have been somewhat naïve in my thinking also, but I further thought (maybe "hoped" is the better word here) that if, and when, the football teams were NOT in the same conference or in the same division............ this notion of equal footing would be less pronounced, and become, over time, a thing of the past. In other words ..... hoping that the attitude would eventually become: "NDSU is the "football" school and UND is the "hockey' school. Let each of them work toward getting to and maintaining those respective programs at the highest level possible, whatever that is".

Isn't UND already getting preferential treatment from the State? I thought this was part of the reason why UND's Athletic Department took such a hit was because of their dependency on the State's money whereas NDSU is more dependent on its supporters' money.

I also don't think UND will get more preferential treatment from the State if they're in the same conference. I believe that already took place once they joined the same division. If anything, if the State was "smart," they could cut UND's funding as they now will have less travel costs.

Bison Loaf
05-24-2017, 08:25 PM
Anyway...................back to the Nickel.

If I may so bold as to attempt to be mature and serious for a moment :innocent:, The Nickel was indeed a "cool" (although in the greater scheme of things, NEVER the most important trophy) to play for back in the day, because, of course, it was a clever double-sided representation of the two schools that were competing for it. Buffalo on one side for The NDSU Bison, and an Indian Head on the other for The UND Fighting Sioux. I think we can ALL agree on that.

That being said, however, The NDSU Bison will indeed NOT be playing a UND "Fighting Sioux" team anymore, now or ever in the future. The simple fact is, a team called "The Fighting Sioux" NO LONGER EXISTS. I think we can ALL agree on that, also.

So............... my question is: what would be the current relevance of this actual and specific trophy anymore, given the simple facts of the situation as they stand?

Christopher Moen
05-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Anyway...................back to the Nickel.

If I may so bold as to attempt to be mature and serious for a moment :innocent:, The Nickel was indeed a "cool" (although in the greater scheme of things, NEVER the most important trophy) to play for back in the day, because, of course, it was a clever double-sided representation of the two schools that were competing for it. Buffalo on one side for The NDSU Bison, and an Indian Head on the other for The UND Fighting Sioux. I think we can ALL agree on that.

That being said, however, The NDSU Bison will indeed NOT be playing a UND "Fighting Sioux" team anymore, now or ever in the future. The simple fact is, a team called "The Fighting Sioux" NO LONGER EXISTS. I think we can ALL agree on that, also.

So............... my question is: what would be the current relevance of this actual and specific trophy anymore, given the simple facts of the situation as they stand?

As far as the Nickel Trophy goes, it went the way of the "Fighting Sioux." It no longer represents both schools and therefore should be retired. Where it gets retired to, I don't care. It was a great traveling trophy during the DII era. Time to either move on from a traveling trophy or come up with a new one.

I suggest moving on from a traveling trophy since UND failed to move up at the same time and eventually got replace by SDSU (and somewhat UNI) as NDSU's main rivalry in football.

Bison Loaf
05-24-2017, 08:38 PM
Isn't UND already getting preferential treatment from the State? I thought this was part of the reason why UND's Athletic Department took such a hit was because of their dependency on the State's money whereas NDSU is more dependent on its supporters' money.

I also don't think UND will get more preferential treatment from the State if they're in the same conference. I believe that already took place once they joined the same division. If anything, if the State was "smart," they could cut UND's funding as they now will have less travel costs.

Damn, you crack me up sometimes, my man! :rofl:

Anyway, I'm making great strides in therapy, but I'm definitely not mature enough yet to concentrate on one single thing this long (twss!) so.......... it's always enjoyable to have a good, respectful discussion with you, CM (even if you are an immature jackass ;))!

Bisonator98
05-24-2017, 10:17 PM

Agree with pretty much everything except this, there are a lot of MVFC schools who would love to put some limits on things. I wouldn't be shocked to see some proposals to eliminate FCOA going forward. You know that stings most of the non-DAK schools. Hell ISUb would probably like to eliminate schollies!

MAKBison
05-25-2017, 03:31 AM
Agree with pretty much everything except this, there are a lot of MVFC schools who would love to put some limits on things. I wouldn't be shocked to see some proposals to eliminate FCOA going forward. You know that stings most of the non-DAK schools. Hell ISUb would probably like to eliminate schollies!

Exactly and your point is why UND’s tiny little voice can become much larger than it might be now. Eventually, they will try to minimize their cost to compete in FB so they can spend more $$$ on the hockies. Oh yeah, and do not forget in addition to collaborating with the MVFC have nots, they will use the GOB in the legislature to squeeze NDSU to comply. its not that UND has cooties, it’s more like they are a cancer and they are back. If we are not careful, we will find ourselves in the same predicament as we were 15 years ago...it might not be on the number of schollies, but it might be FCOA, an agreement on facilities spending, coaching salaries or stupid regionalization scheme.

What gets me is some keep saying that Anti (playing) UND are not being rational, but history suggest those throwing caution to the wind are the irrational ones. No post, no matter how well written or how many are written can change that.

Christopher Moen
05-25-2017, 04:27 AM
Exactly and your point is why UND’s tiny little voice can become much larger than it might be now. Eventually, they will try to minimize their cost to compete in FB so they can spend more $$$ on the hockies. Oh yeah, and do not forget in addition to collaborating with the MVFC have nots, they will use the GOB in the legislature to squeeze NDSU to comply. its not that UND has cooties, it’s more like they are a cancer and they are back. If we are not careful, we will find ourselves in the same predicament as we were 15 years ago...it might not be on the number of schollies, but it might be FCOA, an agreement on facilities spending, coaching salaries or stupid regionalization scheme.

What gets me is some keep saying that Anti (playing) UND are not being rational, but history suggest those throwing caution to the wind are the irrational ones. No post, no matter how well written or how many are written can change that.

None of this is going to happen. Items like the FCOA are not even funded by the State's money.

If you cannot see how much has changed at NDSU since the move to DI, then you're not paying attention.

UND isn't coming into the MVFC as a big dog. The were able to do that in the NCC because they were a founding member. Keep in mind, NDSU with all its Championships isn't controlling the conference. UND won't even have the voice of USD.

As I stated before, if any shenanigans start up in the MVFC that NDSU doesn't like, they can leave. SDSU would probably follow. The MVFC can't lose either teams if it wants to be the premiere FCS conference.

Right now, you're looking for excuses.

Fear is not the way of the Bison.

Bison Loaf
05-25-2017, 01:33 PM
None of this is going to happen. Items like the FCOA are not even funded by the State's money.

If you cannot see how much has changed at NDSU since the move to DI, then you're not paying attention.

UND isn't coming into the MVFC as a big dog. The were able to do that in the NCC because they were a founding member. Keep in mind, NDSU with all its Championships isn't controlling the conference. UND won't even have the voice of USD.

As I stated before, if any shenanigans start up in the MVFC that NDSU doesn't like, they can leave. SDSU would probably follow. The MVFC can't lose either teams if it wants to be the premiere FCS conference.

1. Curious as to where you think the Bison would stomp off to, if they were pissed.

2. Excuses for what?

3. Do you really think an opposing view constitutes "fear" in this conversation? That sounds like Fhawker talk....... "you're afraid to play us". Really?

Bisonator98
05-25-2017, 01:42 PM

Half the MVFC doesn't care about being the premiere FCS conference. Some wanted Murray State in the MVFC. Hell they'd drop FB tomorrow if it got them into a better BB conference! It's not about being fearful or making excuses it's about realizing who your friends and foes are and how they prioritize things.

KilldeerBison
05-25-2017, 04:28 PM
1. Curious as to where you think the Bison would stomp off to, if they were pissed.

2. Excuses for what?

3. Do you really think an opposing view constitutes "fear" in this conversation? That sounds like Fhawker talk....... "you're afraid to play us". Really?

The only time I have ever heard "the Bison are afraid to play UND" talk, was coming from a Fhwaks fan. The Fhawkers have a history of using politicians and the media to undermine and attack NDSU, I do not expect that to change.

MankatoBison
05-25-2017, 05:09 PM

2. Excuses for what?

Yes. Actual fear. The post CM quoted literally said that if we add UN_ they will get rid of "FCOA, an agreement on facilities spending, coaching salaries or stupid regionalization scheme" Etc. he also said that UN_ would "squeeze NDSU to comply" with suicidal policies.

Must be hard being afraid of every shadow you see.

Bison Loaf
05-25-2017, 05:21 PM
Yes. Actual fear. The post CM quoted literally said that if we add UN_ they will get rid of "FCOA, an agreement on facilities spending, coaching salaries or stupid regionalization scheme" Etc. he also said that UN_ would "squeeze NDSU to comply" with suicidal policies.

Maybe you can point out to me in the quote where it actually said, "if we add UN_ they will get rid of".

MAKBison
05-25-2017, 05:26 PM

Thanks Racheal!!! I have been trying hard not to go all 3rd grade, but,... OMG, are you ever simple.

I said that history tells us that Und can use its vote combined with the other MVFC have-nots to do things to cause stagnation etc. Then I gave hypothetical examples. I also said that UND can enhance that power (A voting block) by using the GOB legislature to pressure NDSU.....think it cant be done, Well, you are not paying attention!!

It's not about fear of playing them.....they can come down here and play anytime. It is about letting them have a say in a body that governs NDSU actions. History tells us that is not a good thing for NDSU.

Seriously, you are like a high school chick that keeps going back to her cheating boyfriend...."Oh, this times it’s different...he has changed!"

MankatoBison
05-25-2017, 06:00 PM

Maybe you can point out to me in the quote where it actually said, "if we add UN_ they will get rid of".

Ummmm..... you're right, this guy doesn't sound paranoid at all. not even one bit. Totally rational.

MankatoBison
05-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks Racheal!!! I have been trying hard not to go all 3rd grade, but,... OMG, are you ever simple.

I said that history tells us that Und can use its vote combined with the other MVFC have-nots to do things to cause stagnation etc. Then I gave hypothetical examples. I also said that UND can enhance that power (A voting block) by using the GOB legislature to pressure NDSU.....think it cant be done, Well, you are not paying attention!!

It's not about fear of playing them.....they can come down here and play anytime. It is about letting them have a say in a body that governs NDSU actions. History tells us that is not a good thing for NDSU.

Seriously, you are like a high school chick that keeps going back to her cheating boyfriend...."Oh, this times it’s different...he has changed!"

Quoting you makes me sound like a 3rd grader? I'd have to agree.

Bison Loaf
05-25-2017, 06:05 PM
Ummmm..... you're right, this guy doesn't sound paranoid at all. not even one bit. Totally rational.
He's being no more "paranoid" than you are over on the Dome Upgrades thread.

But I guess if YOU make a point, about anything, it's automatically right.............. and no other opinions are valid. :rofl:

MAKBison
05-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Quoting you makes me sound like a 3rd grader? I'd have to agree.

I can't Freaking believe it...You did it again!!! I said I had to go all 3rd-grade meaning...take the troll bait and get in the mud. It's a reference to me....ME! I did not say you sounded like a 3rd grader. I said you were simple. AAANNNDDDD You with every post you prove my point!

MAKBison
05-25-2017, 06:23 PM

It is the same as bragging...it is not bragging if it is true. In this case, it is not paranoia if it has happened before. I cannot think of many ways UND has helped NDSU, but I can think of several ways we have been screwed over by them.

Also, reading comprehension means reading the entire post in context versus cherry picking content to make a point. Very modern media of you.

Finally, I do not think you understand the meaning of the word paranoid. You are not using the word correctly. I cannot be paranoid if my position has a rational base and or others share it. I provided the bases of my opinion…history supports it and others seem to share it. Thus, you might suggest my premise is incorrect, my history is incorrect, disagree that it is in our best interest etc., but I dont have a mental illness and I am not scared. Again, I am not scared; I just do not think it is our best interest. Anyway, If you went to continue to discuss this topic according to those themes, I am game. If not, I am done with this.

Christopher Moen
05-25-2017, 06:32 PM

2. Excuses for what?

If NDSU and SDSU threatened to leave the MVFC, Patty Viverito and company would freak out as it would mean the end of the MVFC being the premiere FCS conference. There are other FCS conferences that both teams can join as a football only affiliate. Although NDSU and SDSU don't have the biggest voices in the MVFC, they still have some weight, especially as a duo. This alone would prevent UND from pulling any shenanigans. If we were actually afraid of these hypothetical shenanigans, we should have been afraid of them earlier coming from schools like UNI and Illinois State, which have big voices in the MVFC and have bigger financial issues than we do.

In regards to the State imposing sanctions against NDSU to prevent them from being competitive, they would have been done this a long time ago when UND decided to move up to DI. But they didn't. Probably because they can't touch funds generated from NDSU's fanbase and it would be career suicide for them to piss off their constituents.

Again these excuses made up by those who don't want play UND are futile. Whether we as fans want to play them or not, is beyond our and NDSU's control. If a punk-arse, turtleneck-wearing kid jumps into your sandbox, do you cry and leave or do you kick sand in their face and piss-pound them so they don't want to be in your sandbox? I look forward to NDSU kicking a whole lot sand in their faces.

As far "fear" goes, why else would there be such an uproar? The unnecessary complaining we throw out there just gives their program more credence that they could be a threat and that just feeds into their fans' faux-confidence (something about a worm turning). They aren't a threat and until they start getting better recruits, coaches and tradition, they'll won't be more of a threat to our National Championship goals than the lower half MVFC teams are to NDSU.

totoinfl
05-25-2017, 06:45 PM
And in other news...the Pope is still not smiling

Christopher Moen
05-25-2017, 06:47 PM
Half the MVFC doesn't care about being the premiere FCS conference. Some wanted Murray State in the MVFC. Hell they'd drop FB tomorrow if it got them into a better BB conference! It's not about being fearful or making excuses it's about realizing who your friends and foes are and how they prioritize things.

Only half the teams in the MVFC are in the MVC. That includes Illinois State, Indiana State, Missouri State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois. I'm pretty sure all five schools care about the MVFC being the premiere FCS conference. Illinois State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois have been historically strong football programs in the conference while both Indiana State and Missouri State have picked up their "game" in regards to football the past few years to remain relevant. Not sure which school(s) you are referring to that would "drop FB tomorrow" if it got them into a better basketball conference. All five are pretty invested into their football programs right now.

MAKBison
05-25-2017, 06:59 PM
If NDSU and SDSU threatened to leave the MVFC, Patty Viverito and company would freak out as it would mean the end of the MVFC being the premiere FCS conference. There are other FCS conferences that both teams can join as a football only affiliate. Although NDSU and SDSU don't have the biggest voices in the MVFC, they still have some weight, especially as a duo. This alone would prevent UND from pulling any shenanigans. If we were actually afraid of these hypothetical shenanigans, we should have been afraid of them earlier coming from schools like UNI and Illinois State, which have big voices in the MVFC and have bigger financial issues than we do.

In regards to the State imposing sanctions against NDSU to prevent them from being competitive, they would have been done this a long time ago when UND decided to move up to DI. But they didn't. Probably because they can't touch funds generated from NDSU's fanbase and it would be career suicide for them to piss off their constituents.

Again these excuses made up by those who don't want play UND are futile. Whether we as fans want to play them or not, is beyond our and NDSU's control. If a punk-arse, turtleneck-wearing kid jumps into your sandbox, do you cry and leave or do you kick sand in their face and piss-pound them so they don't want to be in your sandbox? I look forward to NDSU kicking a whole lot sand in their faces.

As far "fear" goes, why else would there be such an uproar? The unnecessary complaining we throw out there just gives their program more credence that they could be a threat and that just feeds into their fans' faux-confidence (something about a worm turning). They aren't a threat and until they start getting better recruits, coaches and tradition, they'll won't be more of a threat to our National Championship goals than the lower half MVFC teams are to NDSU.

Lest assume all that is true why would we want the headache. Not that it is a choice anymore. As I stated, I have a hard time coming up with times UND has helped us, but it is not hard finding examples where they dump on us. Kicking their asses in FB just does seem worth it.

Christopher Moen
05-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Lest assume all that is true why would we want the headache. Not that it is a choice anymore. As I stated, I have a hard time coming up with times UND has helped us, but it is not hard finding examples where they dump on us. Kicking their asses in FB just does seem worth it.

“A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep.” That's how NDSU and it's fans should treat UND and their fans in regards to football.

They amount of worrying you do is not good for your health.

Bison Loaf
05-25-2017, 07:06 PM

Ok. We can agree to disagree on some things. Nothing wrong with that.

I just never like the insinuation, in ANY discussion, that certain Bison Fans are or were "afraid" to play UND. I don't think it's even remotely accurate, nor do I think it's fair to those that have their own reasons for not wanting to play them (which is a moot point now). Case in point, does anyone really believe that Gene Taylor was truly "afraid" to play UND for all those years after the split?

Christopher Moen
05-25-2017, 07:25 PM
Ok. We can agree to disagree on some things. Nothing wrong with that.

I just never like the insinuation, in ANY discussion, that certain Bison Fans are or were "afraid" to play UND. I don't think it's even remotely accurate, nor do I think it's fair to those that have their own reasons for not wanting to play them (which is a moot point now). Case in point, does anyone really believe that Gene Taylor was truly "afraid" to play UND for all those years after the split?

Gene had good reasoning.

http://www.goumary.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_prefix=headshot_1&image_path=/images/2011/11/21/Thomas_Roger.jpg

Of the two ADs at the time, their decisions in regards to the DI move took their careers in polar directions. The wise one is now the AD at Kansas State, while the other not-as-wise one is retiring from Mary.

In regards to not playing UND after Thomas left, the impression I got from Gene when I asked him about over a ten years ago is that he wanted to make sure that NDSU wasn't going to give up a home game every other year by resurrecting the rivalry.

Bison Loaf
05-25-2017, 07:33 PM
Gene had good reasoning.

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/283*245/Roger+Thomas+(1).JPG

Of the two ADs at the time, their decisions in regards to the DI move took their careers in polar directions. The wise one is now the AD at Kansas State, while the other not-as-wise one is retiring from Mary.

In regards to not playing UND after Thomas left, the impression I got from Gene when I asked him about over a ten years ago is that he wanted to make sure that NDSU wasn't going to give up a home game every other year by resurrecting the rivalry.

Exactly. Gene had his reasons for not playing UND, but none of them were because he was "afraid" to play them.

Some Bison fans also have their reasons for not wanting to play UND, but, somehow, those reasons equate to being "afraid" of playing them?

I'm never gonna buy-off on that one!

MankatoBison
05-25-2017, 09:04 PM
He's being no more "paranoid" than you are over on the Dome Upgrades thread.

But I guess if YOU make a point, about anything, it's automatically right.............. and no other opinions are valid. :rofl:

Okay that makes zero sense. What on earth have I said that was paranoid about the dome? Dear lord. If you cant attack the argument, just make something up, I guess. I at least quoted actual words that come out of MAK's mouth (keyboard). This is quickly getting out of hand.

MankatoBison
05-25-2017, 09:07 PM
Exactly. Gene had his reasons for not playing UND, but none of them were because he was "afraid" to play them.

Some Bison fans also have their reasons for not wanting to play UND, but, somehow, those reasons equate to being "afraid" of playing them?

I'm never gonna buy-off on that one!

I have never heard of anyone say they were afraid to play them. You'll have to show me an example of someone saying we were afraid of their football prowess haha.
The "fear" I was referencing is MAK's fear that we would potentially lose COA stipends, coaching salaries, etc. if they were in the conference.

MAKBison
05-26-2017, 12:05 AM
I have never heard of anyone say they were afraid to play them. You'll have to show me an example of someone saying we were afraid of their football prowess haha.
The "fear" I was referencing is MAK's fear that we would potentially lose COA stipends, coaching salaries, etc. if they were in the conference.

For f sakes Rachel.

MAKBison
05-26-2017, 12:10 AM
“A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep.” That's how NDSU and it's fans should treat UND and their fans in regards to football.

They amount of worrying you do is not good for your health.

Oh, come on you're better than that. I generally agree with your post and or at least respect them .....At least provide some sort of rational suggesting how we are in a much stronger position, the modern circumstances won't allow it blah blah. I could at least be swayed by that. But to go all stud on me...please!

BTW, I appreciate the concern for my health, but I gotta tell ya...... By the time (if it ever) gets to that I will have shifted my donating to other aspects of NDSU. That's a fact Jack.. lots of groups at NDSU who can use a few more nickles. Right now this is the one I enjoy most...that can change.

Christopher Moen
05-26-2017, 12:54 AM
Oh, come on you're better than that. I generally agree with your post and or at least respect them .....At least provide some sort of rational suggesting how we are in a much stronger position, the modern circumstances won't allow it blah blah.

I'm pretty sure I made these points in my previous posts the past few days.