PDA

View Full Version : Gene Taylor to Kansas State!

Rock
04-14-2017, 07:52 PM
http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/ESPN-Reports-Gene-Taylor-is-Kansas-State-AD-419491673.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonbuddy
04-14-2017, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=I miss Chubs;1205302][url]http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/ESPN

NDSU, stepping stone, UND, career killer.

bruinbison
04-14-2017, 08:01 PM
http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/ESPN-Reports-Gene-Taylor-is-Kansas-State-AD-419491673.html

http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/2017-04-14/gene-taylor-selected-k-state-athletic-director

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article144648164.html

gumby013
04-14-2017, 08:05 PM
He's going to hire Coach K away when the wizard retires?

tony
04-14-2017, 08:20 PM
Congratulations to Gene Taylor!

He did a helluva job at NDSU.

HerdBot
04-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Congrats Gene Taylor. This was your goal. Turn into Bison 1660 am or 92.7 FM at 330

Bisonguy
04-14-2017, 08:30 PM
He's going to hire Coach K away when the wizard retires?

Prolly Bohl to K State.

Congrats, Gene!

CaBisonFan
04-14-2017, 08:31 PM
He's going to hire Coach K away when the wizard retires?Or Craig Bohl.

MNLonghorn10
04-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Gene Taylor f'ing rules. Glad to see him moving on up. Hes one of the best and always cheers on NDSU. Hell i bet he was a little back in September.

Go get em.(just not against Texas)

Rock
04-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Fun to watch Bison continue well after NDSU. Now to AC/DC to west lot thread...

CaBisonFan
04-14-2017, 09:35 PM
Congratulations Gene...and good luck.

BisonTeacher
04-14-2017, 09:40 PM
K state just got a Gem.

tony
04-14-2017, 11:10 PM
Gonna change the ? in the thread title to a !.

KINGRANCH
04-14-2017, 11:34 PM
God I hope he cancels kstates game with the fucktards to the north! That would be icing on the cake! They would cry up there for a 100 years if that happened.

HerdBot
04-15-2017, 12:19 AM
Topeka Capital Journal writer, Kevin Haskin on "The BrakeDown" Friday, April 14th

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/topeka-capital-journal-writer-kevin-haskin-on-the-brakedown-friday-april-14th

or listen to the full show here https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-friday-april-14th-full-show

56BISON73
04-15-2017, 02:12 AM
Gene Taylor f'ing rules. Glad to see him moving on up. Hes one of the best and always cheers on NDSU. Hell i bet he was a little back in September.

Go get em.(just not against Texas)

He was at the UNI game this last year.

BisManBison
04-15-2017, 02:13 AM
Congrats Gene!!! Well deserved!!! Rematch??

EC8CH
04-15-2017, 02:28 AM
When Gene Taylor succeeds, Bison Nation rejoices. I'm glad we got the chance to beat Iowa while he was there though. Don't tell me Gene didn't smile just a little bit when the ball sailed through those uprights that day.

gumby013
04-15-2017, 02:43 AM
Hey, Gene. Wanna game?

GOBISON123
04-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Outstanding news. Congats to Gene. I love this man. KState got a gem. Great hire.

Mr Meaty
04-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Gene has many excellent qualities but the main one is his vision. Great leaders can see ahead and move the entire organization there.

Bison bison
04-15-2017, 02:20 PM
Most people have this skill. The challenge is to hone and use it well.

Larson has it, Taylor has it, even Entzion had. Of course, Bob diverted much of his energy to troll for queers and couldn't simultaneously operate his gaydar and police sting awareness program at the same time.

Tony Almeida
04-15-2017, 10:19 PM
When Gene Taylor succeeds, Bison Nation rejoices. I'm glad we got the chance to beat Iowa while he was there though. Don't tell me Gene didn't smile just a little bit when the ball sailed through those uprights that day.I picture his hands up in the air while saying "I told you guys."

56BISON73
04-16-2017, 01:00 AM
When Gene Taylor succeeds, Bison Nation rejoices. I'm glad we got the chance to beat Iowa while he was there though. Don't tell me Gene didn't smile just a little bit when the ball sailed through those uprights that day.

A few years ago I was in IC for a game and stopped in and saw Gene. Had an interesting conversation talking about comparable fan bases passion and hard nose brand of football. When I asked him if they were still going to play the Bison after we seal clubbed the Cyclowns he told me that he and Barta were catching bits and pieces of the game while watching the Hawkeys game. At the end of the game Gene said he looked at Barta and said--"""who was the idiot that scheduled those guys" Barta said "" who ever it was he needs to be fired"" :biggrin:

HerdBot
04-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Gene Taylor will be on Bison1660 today at Noon. If you are away from your radio download the mobile app or go to the website

AKBison
04-17-2017, 03:23 PM
My fondest memory of GT was the day the Big Sky turned us down for a conference invite. I ran into him at the Union as a student and he was completely devastated. It was a 10 second conversation but the jist of it was that he refused to fail and that he would get us into a conference that we would be proud of. Indeed Mr. Taylor, indeed. Good luck at K-State!

bisonmike2
04-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Really happy for Gene. I think it really demonstrates what a special place this is that an AD can leave and you still have the fans cheering for him to succeed and even the guy himself still openly roots for us (when we're not playing them).

southcliffbison
04-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Too bad the Bison play Oregon in 2020 and don't have an open date that year; GT could have bought out the UND game and, instead, scheduled the Bison.......it would be just another "f'hawk you" to the F'Hawkers.........nice.

ByeSonBusiness
04-17-2017, 03:54 PM
My favorite Gene memory is when NDSU was rolling out that stupid Emo Bison logo, I sent him an email about how ugly it was. Like half an hour later he emailed me back explaining the process a bit.

Good luck, hope he nails the football coach hire when the time comes.

Bison Loaf
04-17-2017, 04:07 PM
Gene's vision was much-needed, his leadership was impeccable, his character was refreshing, his scheduling was leading-edge, and his "dealings" (or un-dealings) with UND were absolutely inspired.

An NDSU legend..............no doubt!

El_Chapo
04-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Too bad the Bison play Oregon in 2020 and don't have an open date that year; GT could have bought out the UND game and, instead, scheduled the Bison.......it would be just another "f'hawk you" to the F'Hawkers.........nice.

why cant we have 2 FBS games. is there a LAW against that? NDSU shouldnt be afraid to go 1-1 or 0-2 with the MVFC, we could still go 7-2 and make the playoffs. big deal.

HerdBot
04-17-2017, 04:32 PM
My favorite Gene memory is when NDSU was rolling out that stupid Emo Bison logo, I sent him an email about how ugly it was. Like half an hour later he emailed me back explaining the process a bit.

Good luck, hope he nails the football coach hire when the time comes.

He always responded to my emails. When I was complaining about the crappy bleachers at Dacotah Field he sent it to someone and they told me their plan

Christopher Moen
04-17-2017, 04:38 PM
He always responded to my emails. When I was complaining about the crappy bleachers at Dacotah Field he sent it to someone and they told me their plan

This is what I liked about Gene, he is always approachable. He never had any issues answering my stupid questions when he stopped by the head table at the Junior-Cadet Nationals or the few times I caught him in Iowa City for a few wrestling events we had there the past year.

garbageman
04-17-2017, 04:42 PM
This is what I liked about Gene, he is always approachable. He never had any issues answering my stupid questions when he stopped by the head table at the Junior-Cadet Nationals or the few times I caught him in Iowa City for a few wrestling events we had there the past year.

Gene and Joe Chapman need to be inducted into the hall of fame ASAP

HerdBot
04-17-2017, 04:51 PM

Absolutely. Heck he even walked through the tailgating lot and would just shoot the shit with fans. He is truly a man of the people and that's why he is successful. He actually cares and listens. Rare in todays world.

HerdBot
04-17-2017, 05:04 PM
sorry the interview is tuesday at noon but they do have the play by play voice on the air now

EC8CH
04-17-2017, 11:26 PM
The man is a Bison LEGEND!!!

https://i.imgflip.com/kykcb.jpg

HerdBot
04-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Reminder Gene will be on The Insiders today at noon

Other good stuff too from Jeff Culhane

The Insiders 11-1 on @Bison1660:
Noon-@KSTATEADGT
12:30-@CoachCRiles

We announce kick times for all @NDSUfootball home games at 11!

56BISON73
04-18-2017, 03:40 PM

Plus he would answer your emails at any time of day. I sent him an email at 10pm thinking he would get it in the am and respond later in the day. Nope. Around 10:30 that night I get a reply. I was shocked.

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2017, 03:55 PM
We ran into gene boarding our hotel elevator with coolers in tow for the USD sioux falls shitshow while he was getting done with his studly morning jog. He knew ez because of prior interactions so he told us to stay out of trouble and have fun or something. I was starstruck

BisonTeacher
04-18-2017, 05:07 PM
I have 3 gene memories that make me smile.

1. Him stopping and taking the time to converse with us and take photos in the tailgate lot on a friday night playoff game.
2. At one of the first coaches caravans in Rosedale he stopped at our table and when asked about NDSU playing UN_ at the Alerus.... He said..."Not on my watch".
3. Gene had a really sweet nike rain/wind breaker. on a whim I emailed him to ask where he got it. Not only did he actually respond...he got me all the information so I could get one. To this day I call it my Gene Taylor Jacket.

EndZoneQB
04-18-2017, 05:37 PM
Plus he would answer your emails at any time of day. I sent him an email at 10pm thinking he would get it in the am and respond later in the day. Nope. Around 10:30 that night I get a reply. I was shocked.

He was extremely approachable and available.

We ran into gene boarding our hotel elevator with coolers in tow for the USD sioux falls shitshow while he was getting done with his studly morning jog. He knew ez because of prior interactions so he told us to stay out of trouble and have fun or something. I was starstruck

It was actually on his way out for his run. We were drinking and he was running...felt like I needed to rethink my life decisions lolol

Bison bison
04-18-2017, 05:50 PM
It was actually on his way out for his run. We were drinking and he was running...felt like I needed to rethink my life decisions lolol

What did you decide?

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2017, 05:59 PM
What did you decide?
He did both that morning

THEsocalledfan
04-18-2017, 06:11 PM
I have 3 gene memories that make me smile.

1. Him stopping and taking the time to converse with us and take photos in the tailgate lot on a friday night playoff game.
2. At one of the first coaches caravans in Rosedale he stopped at our table and when asked about NDSU playing UN_ at the Alerus.... He said..."Not on my watch".
3. Gene had a really sweet nike rain/wind breaker. on a whim I emailed him to ask where he got it. Not only did he actually respond...he got me all the information so I could get one. To this day I call it my Gene Taylor Jacket.

Not to mention he gave the "home and home" a whole new meaning. I like calling it the Gene Taylor home and home.

Christopher Moen
04-18-2017, 06:20 PM
Not to mention he gave the "home and home" a whole new meaning. I like calling it the Gene Taylor home and home.

Which led to the discovery that hawks can cry.

https://nhbrackets.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/crying-jordan-hawk2.png?w=470

HerdBot
04-18-2017, 06:51 PM
Here's the interview on Bison 1660 today. It starts in hour number 2. Followed by coach Connor Riley
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-18-2017-full-show

Bison Loaf
04-18-2017, 07:58 PM
Which led to the discovery that hawks can cry.

Which reminds me of a little known letter found in the archives after Gene left. :)

Dearest Gene:

How can you just leave us standing,
Alone in a conference so cold?
Maybe you're just too demanding
Maybe you're just like your fan base, too bold
Maybe you're just used to winning,
And never just satisfied.
But why do you make us come crawling?
This is what it sounds like
When hawks cry!

Love, Brian

Milkman
04-18-2017, 08:48 PM
Which reminds me of a little known letter found in the archives after Gene left. :)

Dearest Gene:

How can you just leave us standing,
Alone in a conference so cold?
Maybe you're just too demanding
Maybe you're just like your fan base, too bold
Maybe you're just used to winning,
And never just satisfied.
But why do you make us come crawling?
This is what it sounds like
When hawks cry!

Love, Brian

https://media3.giphy.com/media/7rj2ZgttvgomY/giphy.gif

Answer Guy
04-18-2017, 09:40 PM
It was actually on his way out for his run.

The Bison A.D. was heading to the park on a roadtrip?

ByeSonBusiness
04-18-2017, 09:58 PM

Must spread rep. Well done.

Bison Dan
04-18-2017, 11:48 PM
The Bison A.D. was heading to the park on a roadtrip?You mean the und grad that NDSU hired?

Bison 4 Life
04-19-2017, 12:33 AM
You mean the und grad that NDSU hired?

Nope. Moorhead State.

Hammersmith
04-19-2017, 01:10 AM
You mean the und grad that NDSU hired?

I believe that should be the UND assistant AD that NDSU hired.

Bison4peat
04-19-2017, 01:26 AM
"Kansas State knew who NDSU was" end quote -Gene Taylor

Christopher Moen
04-19-2017, 02:07 AM
"Kansas State knew who NDSU was" end quote -Gene Taylor

I loved that part of the interview. Of course, the same can be said for Iowa.

As far as Iowa State goes, I'm sure they're still proud of their water and grass.

CAS4127
04-19-2017, 02:38 AM

Typical. Nothing positive to add, so go negative to deflect the shitshow that is UND. I can understand how there is nothing positive to discuss about UND tho--jussayin'!

TransAmBison
04-19-2017, 01:03 PM
The Bison A.D. was heading to the park on a roadtrip?Too soon...

WhoRepsTheLurker
04-19-2017, 03:01 PM

Has a former AD from your school ever landed a P5 AD job? I ask out of genuine curiosity. I honestly don't know the answer.

Congrats to Gene. Good school. Great fit.

Bison Dan
04-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Nope. Moorhead State.
Didn't he get his Doctorate or Masters there?

BisonTeacher
04-19-2017, 05:33 PM

Id rather our school have a George michael over Subway Jared any day.

Answer Guy
04-19-2017, 07:45 PM
Typical. Nothing positive to add, so go negative to deflect the shitshow that is UND. I can understand how there is nothing positive to discuss about UND tho--jussayin'!

I thought you weren't drinking on weeknights anymore?

Answer Guy
04-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Has a former AD from your school ever landed a P5 AD job? I ask out of genuine curiosity. I honestly don't know the answer.

Ray Purpur graduated from UND; been assistant A.D. at Stanford for 20+ years. Don't believe he ever worked for UND though.

Is there a prize if I find one?

WhoRepsTheLurker
04-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Ray Purpur graduated from UND; been assistant A.D. at Stanford for 20+ years. Don't believe he ever worked for UND though.

Is there a prize if I find one?

Pride would be the prize. You know, like 'Bison Pride' but slightly different. I would be curious, though.

garbageman
04-19-2017, 09:19 PM

Congrats to Gene. Good school. Great fit.

Isn't und in a P5 conference? You know they do have hockey

EC8CH
04-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Gene on Kolpack and Izzo:

"When we beat them.... When North Dakota State beat Kansas State..."

Once a Bison Always a Bison.

southcliffbison
04-22-2017, 03:58 PM
Gene on Kolpack and Izzo:

"When we beat them.... When North Dakota State beat Kansas State..."

Once a Bison Always a Bison.

Schedule a game with the Bison, Gene. I double-dog dare you !!!!

stevdock
04-23-2017, 03:41 AM

Unfortunately for us, he's too smart for that. Basketball maybe, but never football.

KSBisonFan
04-26-2017, 01:00 AM

http://cjonline.com/sports/sports-columns/catzone/2017-04-17/kevin-haskin-taylor-understands-different-moves-following

Part of Bohl’s insight includes a night in 2013 when the Bison began an undefeated run to another FCS title by stunning the Wildcats in Manhattan. Reminders of that game prompted Taylor on Monday to make one declaration before he officially takes over at K-State.
“I don’t think North Dakota State will play here anytime soon,’’ he said.

56BISON73
04-26-2017, 02:53 AM
http://cjonline.com/sports/sports-columns/catzone/2017-04-17/kevin-haskin-taylor-understands-different-moves-following

Part of Bohl’s insight includes a night in 2013 when the Bison began an undefeated run to another FCS title by stunning the Wildcats in Manhattan. Reminders of that game prompted Taylor on Monday to make one declaration before he officially takes over at K-State.
“I don’t think North Dakota State will play here anytime soon,’’ he said.

:rofl::rofl:

CyPanth
05-04-2017, 07:40 PM
And his first day on the job for K-State was spent in Iowa testifying in a discrimination lawsuit filed against U of I by a former assistant AD. Expecting the verdict any moment now.

EightyfourBison
05-05-2017, 05:54 PM
And his first day on the job for K-State was spent in Iowa testifying in a discrimination lawsuit filed against U of I by a former assistant AD. Expecting the verdict any moment now.

And there's the verdict....

https://thinkprogress.org/jury-rules-iowa-athletics-willfully-discriminated-against-gay-female-administrator-c3e49ddd4206

EndZoneQB
05-05-2017, 06:30 PM
And there's the verdict....

https://thinkprogress.org/jury-rules-iowa-athletics-willfully-discriminated-against-gay-female-administrator-c3e49ddd4206

Ouch. That certainly doesn't read well for Barta. Sounds like Gene was caught up in something he had nothing to do with...yikes.

THEsocalledfan
05-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Ouch. That certainly doesn't read well for Barta. Sounds like Gene was caught up in something he had nothing to do with...yikes.

Have to be careful on media sources. I'd rather read an AP article on this to cut out possible bias in reporting.

CyPanth
05-05-2017, 07:10 PM

One of the pieces of evidence of discrimination was that Gene Taylor got hired and paid $70k more than Jane Meyer who had been reassigned and was now bringing the lawsuit.

Hammersmith
05-05-2017, 08:58 PM
One of the pieces of evidence of discrimination was that Gene Taylor got hired and paid $70k more than Jane Meyer who had been reassigned and was now bringing the lawsuit.

But how is that on Gene? Gene didn't hire himself or set the two salaries. If Barta was honest with Gene during the hiring process, then you might have a point. But does anyone really think Barta sat down with Gene and said, "I've got this woman working for me that I don't like because she's gay.* I'm going to hire you for a job she wants and pay you a buttload more in the hopes she'll get the message and quit." I don't see that. I'm going to bet that Gene went into the job fairly blind, and that Barta shaded the true situation.

*I'm not necessarily saying that was reason Barta didn't like her. But that's what the jury seemed to think.

CyPanth
05-05-2017, 09:21 PM
But how is that on Gene? Gene didn't hire himself or set the two salaries. If Barta was honest with Gene during the hiring process, then you might have a point. But does anyone really think Barta sat down with Gene and said, "I've got this woman working for me that I don't like because she's gay.* I'm going to hire you for a job she wants and pay you a buttload more in the hopes she'll get the message and quit." I don't see that. I'm going to bet that Gene went into the job fairly blind, and that Barta shaded the true situation.

*I'm not necessarily saying that was reason Barta didn't like her. But that's what the jury seemed to think.

It certainly wasn't on Gene as if he did anything wrong, but he ended up in the middle of it by being competent and demanding a good salary. And he showed how smart he was by getting out at the right time.

56BISON73
05-06-2017, 02:57 AM

Its not on Gene. Its just situational evidence.

Christopher Moen
05-06-2017, 04:02 AM

As others have pointed out, Gene had nothing to do with this other than being the successor to the fired individual. The lady who was fired benefitted by being a gay woman in that she could double-down on her minority status in her Title IX claim and sympathy. Iowa was screwed unless they could show that she was without a doubt, incompetent at her job. They also would have proved that Barta and his staff never created a hostile environment for the fired individual.

I personally don't know the whole truth, nor both sides of this story, so I'm not going to say wether the judgement was right or wrong. I'm just pointing out the difficulty of how difficult it is to fire someone in today's world. It pretty much becomes a divorce case, and therefore good reasoning why employers need to do due diligence towards those they hire.

MAKBison
05-06-2017, 04:55 AM
Have to be careful on media sources. I'd rather read an AP article on this to cut out possible bias in reporting.

That's funny right there.....ap cut out the bias.lol.

1993bison
05-06-2017, 05:19 AM
Lmao, AP? Rofl

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1993bison
05-06-2017, 05:39 AM
Wow. What is the moral of the story? So Gene was automatically less qualified therefor she should have been paid more? Or if you are in management never give a positive review? Reviews are a joke imho.

DM05
05-06-2017, 01:27 PM
As others have pointed out, Gene had nothing to do with this other than being the successor to the fired individual. The lady who was fired benefitted by being a gay woman in that she could double-down on her minority status in her Title IX claim and sympathy. Iowa was screwed unless they could show that she was without a doubt, incompetent at her job. They also would have proved that Barta and his staff never created a hostile environment for the fired individual.

I personally don't know the whole truth, nor both sides of this story, so I'm not going to say wether the judgement was right or wrong. I'm just pointing out the difficulty of how difficult it is to fire someone in today's world. It pretty much becomes a divorce case, and therefore good reasoning why employers need to do due diligence towards those they hire.

Some local media in central Iowa who have followed the trial, and some who sat through the entire thing, were very surprised by the verdict. From what I've heard there was very little evidence that even suggest discrimination based on gender or sexual identity. Several department employees testified that once she was moved to a different position, the culture in the athletic department changed for the better.

The bold part in your comment is spot on, especially when you are talking about employment by the state.

CyPanth
05-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Its not on Gene. Its just situational evidence.

Agreed. However, the situational evidence was significant, particularly when one of the key pieces of evidence for gender discrimination was that Taylor was hired for $70k more per year than she was making.

THEsocalledfan
05-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Lmao, AP? Rofl

Please note where that story was lifted from. No matter your politics, I'd sure think you'd agree AP would be more to the center.

Rock
05-08-2017, 06:30 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/a-battle-rages-at-kansas-state-over-whether-bill-snyders-son-will-be-his-successor/

Decent amount about Gene

EndZoneQB
05-09-2017, 04:07 PM
I'm curious what the current relationship is like between Bohl and Taylor. In the next year or two, Bohl could be looking for that next jump, and with Taylor at KSU, it could cause Bohl to be on the shortlist(he could potentially be on it without Taylor). I think Bohl would be a great fit at KSU, but it all depends on what Mike Riley does at Nebraska.

Bisonator98
05-09-2017, 04:19 PM
I'm curious what the current relationship is like between Bohl and Taylor. In the next year or two, Bohl could be looking for that next jump, and with Taylor at KSU, it could cause Bohl to be on the shortlist(he could potentially be on it without Taylor). I think Bohl would be a great fit at KSU, but it all depends on what Mike Riley does at Nebraska.

Don't see Bohl getting the KSU job when or if it's available. Sean Snyder probably gets the first crack at it.

THEsocalledfan
05-09-2017, 04:19 PM

You saying if Riley gets canned, he goes to KSU? I agree with you on Bohl. Kolpacks book did a great job of telling the behind the scenes stuff. There was clearly tension at the time, but kind of wonder if they would both get past that.

Christopher Moen
05-09-2017, 04:22 PM

I don't see Bohl ever getting a chance at Nebraska, even if he got Wyoming to major bowl games on a consistent basis.

Bisonator98
05-09-2017, 04:25 PM
I don't see Bohl ever getting a chance at Nebraska, even if he got Wyoming to major bowl games on a consistent basis.

Me either. In fact I doubt Bohl gets a P5 offer. I think he's in Wyo until he's fired or retires and it's his final coaching job.

wagsabison
05-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Me either. In fact I doubt Bohl gets a P5 offer. I think he's in Wyo until he's fired or retires and it's his final coaching job.

Have to believe his age plays a major factor in that.

EndZoneQB
05-09-2017, 04:54 PM
People like winners. That's all I say on that topic.

Christopher Moen
05-09-2017, 05:00 PM

Sure they do.

https://athlonsports.com/sites/athlonsports.com/files/Nebraska-Cheer-Large-2016_2.jpg

I have a site visit to the school tomorrow for the upcoming Freestyle World Team Trials. Any chance I get thrown out for mentioning Bohl?

THEsocalledfan
05-09-2017, 06:42 PM

Donors also like people without dirty laundry when they worked somewhere before.....I never even considered you were referring to Bohl as it will never happen.

EndZoneQB
05-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Donors also like people without dirty laundry when they worked somewhere before.....I never even considered you were referring to Bohl as it will never happen.

People forget things if you are a winner...

Not saying it will or won't happen, but you produce a winner and people will look the other way for a LOT of things. And to be fair, I think Bohl has cleaned up his act quite a bit.

Christopher Moen
06-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Not sure what happened, but looks like Gene did a great job getting things under control.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19522323/corey-sutton-granted-scholarship-release-kansas-state

Professor Chaos
06-02-2017, 10:24 PM
Not sure what happened, but looks like Gene did a great job getting things under control.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19522323/corey-sutton-granted-scholarship-release-kansas-state
It really seemed like Snyder acted very childish during this whole ordeal which is surprising given everything I've read and heard about the guy. I'm glad common sense prevailed in the end. It's so dumb and hypocritical that coaches restrict where kids can transfer to but bolt to the highest bidder themselves when new opportunities come knocking.

Bisonwinagn
06-03-2017, 02:18 AM
It really seemed like Snyder acted very childish during this whole ordeal which is surprising given everything I've read and heard about the guy. I'm glad common sense prevailed in the end. It's so dumb and hypocritical that coaches restrict where kids can transfer to but bolt to the highest bidder themselves when new opportunities come knocking.

Pretty sure Snyder hasn't transferred in like 50 years.

southcliffbison
06-03-2017, 03:46 PM
People forget things if you are a winner...

Not saying it will or won't happen, but you produce a winner and people will look the other way for a LOT of things. And to be fair, I think Bohl has cleaned up his act quite a bit.

No kidding ! One need only look to Calipari and Pitino............cheaters

cx500d
06-18-2017, 04:06 AM
Pretty sure Snyder hasn't transferred in like 50 years.

Bill Snyder was the swimming coach at Austin college in Sherman texas as late as 1975; that's 42 years ago. I remember seeing his name there when I used their pool to swim laps.

El_Chapo
11-17-2023, 03:41 PM
Gene Taylor signs until 2030

$925k per year

KSBisonFan
11-17-2023, 04:25 PM

$925k per year

https://www.ksnt.com/sports/kansas-state-wildcats/k-states-gene-taylor-contract-extended-to-2030/

Here's the story.

AlumniGreen
11-17-2023, 05:04 PM
https://www.ksnt.com/sports/kansas-state-wildcats/k-states-gene-taylor-contract-extended-to-2030/

Here's the story.

There is no other place my family and me would rather be than Manhattan and Kansas State, Gene says.

Can't say I blame him.

BISONBRI53
11-17-2023, 05:47 PM

$925k per year

He's got kids!!!

El_Chapo
11-17-2023, 07:03 PM
There is no other place my family and me would rather be than Manhattan and Kansas State, Gene says.

Can't say I blame him.

you pay me almost a Million a year and I would say that about Brookings or Macombs

AlumniGreen
11-17-2023, 08:20 PM
you pay me almost a Million a year and I would say that about Brookings or Macombs

Even with a cool million, for me, going to Brookings would be selling my soul to the devil. :mad::mad:

bruinbison
11-17-2023, 09:22 PM

$925k per year

Headline From APRIL 15, 2014

David Richman has been named the 23rd head men’s basketball coach in NDSU history, NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor announced April 8. Richman replaces Saul Phillips, who was hired by Ohio University on April 5 after seven years as the head coach of the Bison.

https://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/detail/12503

El_Chapo
11-17-2023, 09:33 PM
Headline From APRIL 15, 2014

https://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/detail/12503

yea it was an easy hire while Gene was getting the fuck outta here to goto Iowa in May of 2014 LOL dumbass

garbageman
11-17-2023, 10:28 PM
yea it was an easy hire while Gene was getting the fuck outta here to goto Iowa in May of 2014 LOL dumbass

Why didn’t Gene hire you? We would have not lost a game since and working on our 11th natty

bruinbison
11-17-2023, 10:43 PM

Aren’t you the Fickle One now!

First you hurl yourself at the KState Athletic Director because he is a success at the FBS Level,
and now you call Gene Taylor a dumb_ _ ss for hiring Dave Richman…

El_Chapo
11-17-2023, 10:52 PM
He knew he was going to iowa at that time

So easy hire so he didn’t have to deal with it on his way out. They should’ve had Craig smith lined up before the summit tourney cuz they knew saul was going to Ohio