PDA

View Full Version : Poll: XDSU's to the MVC or stay in the Summit

AKBison
04-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Thoughts on the above poll? I like the idea of NDSU, SDSU, and USD to the Valley. Would be easy to swap years on the the conference tournament between St Louis and Sioux Falls, allowing both divisions to have better access every other year.

NDSU
SDSU
USD
UNI
Drake
Missouri State

ISUr
ISUb
SIU
Bradley
Evansville
Loyola-Chicago

MVFC

NDSU
USD
SDSU
UNI
ISUr
ISUb
SIU
YSU
UND
WIU

TAILG8R
04-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Deleted comment

tjbison
04-05-2017, 06:02 PM
where is the Screw the rest of them NDSU does what it can to get to the MVC keep the tourney in STL option

AKBison
04-05-2017, 06:12 PM
where is the Screw the rest of them NDSU does what it can to get to the MVC keep the tourney in STL option

That would be my 1st choice as well, but the nanny's here can't let go of the prescious Sioux Falls tournament. In fact my real preference would be NDSU, UNI, and ISUr to the MAC all sports.

ndsubison1
04-05-2017, 06:21 PM
I doubt Arch Madness leaves St Louis anytime soon

Bison"FANatic"
04-05-2017, 06:24 PM
I want choice 2 and choice 3 to happen. That would be a great welcoming present to UND. See ya we are all out of here but you can have your Mankato and St. Cloud so you still have some old friends from the DII days.

tjbison
04-05-2017, 06:25 PM
I doubt Arch Madness leaves St Louis anytime soon

Why would it, play in a great arena, in a major city with the Championship game ON CBS NATIONAL TV

not Tuesday at 9pm eastern on ESPNU or 2

Christopher Moen
04-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Why would it, play in a great arena, in a major city with the Championship game ON CBS NATIONAL TV

not Sunday at 9pm eastern on ESPNU or 2

Plus, no reason to give the SD schools any type of home court advantage. Bison fans will travel; Jackrabbits and Coyotes fans, I'm not too sure about.

AKBison
04-05-2017, 06:33 PM

not Sunday at 9pm eastern on ESPNU or 2

I think you meant Tuesday at 9:00 PM. Also, I wonder what the lowest seed an MVC team has ever had? Can't be worse than a 13. Which translates to a better chance at winning a couple games in the Dance.

tjbison
04-05-2017, 06:36 PM
we were a 12 when we beat Oklahoma

the Mid-Con in 1990 got a #9 seed the champ Missouri St and UNI made an at large as a #14

look where they are now

El_Chapo
04-05-2017, 06:50 PM
if NDSU doesn't have the balls to go FBS.. they better dam well put a full court press on the MVC!!

NDSUstudent
04-05-2017, 07:10 PM
I don't care if the conference tournament is ever in SF.

Give me the MVC.

silkamilkamonico
04-05-2017, 07:21 PM
What would draw more NDSU fans, Saturday - Tuesday in Sioux Falls or Thursday - Sunday in St Louis? St Louis would be tough, but considering we get about 50 people for Sioux Falls, I would expect something similar if not more for St Louis.

MNLonghorn10
04-05-2017, 08:23 PM
What would draw more NDSU fans, Saturday - Tuesday in Sioux Falls or Thursday - Sunday in St Louis? St Louis would be tough, but considering we get about 50 people for Sioux Falls, I would expect something similar if not more for St Louis.
One would draw 100, one would draw 65.

wow
04-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Plus, no reason to give the SD schools any type of home court advantage. Bison fans will travel; Jackrabbits and Coyotes fans, I'm not too sure about.

LOL. Would the football team do a walk through in the parking lot before games? I could see Bison fans traveling to watch basketball in that scenario.

ByeSonBusiness
04-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Bison fans will travel.

For basketball? Since when?

NDSU92
04-11-2017, 08:03 PM
I don't care if the conference tournament is ever in SF.

Give me the MVC.

Correct and only realistic answer...

SDbison
04-11-2017, 08:09 PM
From all the crap I took here I thought 9 out of 10 Bison basketball fans just love giving Summit Tourney home court to the bunnies and yotes?

SDbison
04-11-2017, 08:14 PM
LOL. Would the football team do a walk through in the parking lot before games? I could see Bison fans traveling to watch basketball in that scenario. At least the Bison have fans that follow a sport in great numbers. When bunny or yote fans have to travel more than 50 miles for any sport their numbers get pretty thin.

Bisonator98
04-11-2017, 08:19 PM
LOL. Would the football team do a walk through in the parking lot before games? I could see Bison fans traveling to watch basketball in that scenario.

We'd have more fans there then you guys at a home playoff game. :duel:

Grizzled
04-11-2017, 08:29 PM
We don't travel well for anything other than football.

wow
04-11-2017, 09:09 PM
At least the Bison have fans that follow a sport in great numbers. When bunny or yote fans have to travel more than 50 miles for any sport their numbers get pretty thin.

Does hunting and fishing count as a sport in this discussion?

jacksfan29
04-11-2017, 09:10 PM

Bison fans can't bother to drive 4 hours and yet they are going to fill the attendance void left by WSU? Fargo is a metro area of 250,000 and you can't get 3,000 to a game on a nightly basis? Your a FB school and always be a FB school. Which is why you have no shot at the MVC, unless SDSU gets an invite and take you along for the ride.

Oh, and to the poster who wants NDSU, UNI and ISUr in the MAC. NDSU? Yes, you could do it. UNI, ISUr? Neither have the money or support to pull off such a move.

silkamilkamonico
04-11-2017, 09:23 PM
Bison fans can't bother to drive 4 hours and yet they are going to fill the attendance void left by WSU? Fargo is a metro area of 250,000 and you can't get 3,000 to a game on a nightly basis? Your a FB school and always be a FB school. Which is why you have no shot at the MVC, unless SDSU gets an invite and take you along for the ride.

Oh, and to the poster who wants NDSU, UNI and ISUr in the MAC. NDSU? Yes, you could do it. UNI, ISUr? Neither have the money or support to pull off such a move.

Nobody in the Summit could replace that. The conference's best schools right now in the south Dakota schools can't even average 3,000 fans. NDSU is the only school in the Summit averaging over 3,000 fans a game.

Tony Almeida
04-11-2017, 10:15 PM

Oh, and to the poster who wants NDSU, UNI and ISUr in the MAC. NDSU? Yes, you could do it. UNI, ISUr? Neither have the money or support to pull off such a move.Can we all stop pretending that strength of a program and relevance matters to joining a bigger conference.

MNLonghorn10
04-11-2017, 11:01 PM
SDSU needs to become more prestige and do more in the NCAA tournament(like win a game) so it would make the 2 XDSU's more attractive to the MVC. Also being nothing but a 14, 15 or 16 seed is embarrassing if you call yourself a bball school

Until then, theyre nothing but a womens college who have a total of 2 playoff wins in their football history.

Id rather hold hands with UND to the MVC. At least their program produces NHL talent on a yearly basis.

tjbison
04-11-2017, 11:04 PM

If we are a FB only school what the hell does that make SDSU??

silkamilkamonico
04-11-2017, 11:15 PM

Good question. We sell out in Football every game. SDSU can't even get 3,000 fans to their home games. NDSU draws better than SDSU.

NDSUstudent
04-11-2017, 11:56 PM

Didn't NDSU average over 4k for conference games? There was 5k at the Rabbit game and I didn't see a lot of Rabbits there supplementing the attendance like Bison fans supplement for certain football games a few hours south.

Maybe we should have the Summit tournament in Fargo lets see how many SDSU fans take 3 days off work and book 4 nights of hotel rooms.

Bisonator98
04-12-2017, 12:31 AM

Wow it's getting deep in here boys.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2006/2151426160_19ce9ebdcb_b.jpg

ndsubison1
04-12-2017, 01:22 AM
For basketball? Since when?

2009 Minneapolis

NDSU92
04-12-2017, 03:11 AM

SDSU isn't a basketball school because of their basketball program, they're a basketball school because of our football program

SDbison
04-12-2017, 04:15 AM
Didn't NDSU average over 4k for conference games? There was 5k at the Rabbit game and I didn't see a lot of Rabbits there supplementing the attendance like Bison fans supplement for certain football games a few hours south.

Maybe we should have the Summit tournament in Fargo lets see how many SDSU fans take 3 days off work and book 4 nights of hotel rooms. Yeah but, but, but, SDSU and USD deserve home court for Summit tourney because they are the greatest in college basketball and should get home games just like NDSU does for football playoffs!

wow
04-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Yeah but, but, but, SDSU and USD deserve home court for Summit tourney because they are the greatest in college basketball and should get home games just like NDSU does for football playoffs!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/unfair.gif

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o6ZsS8GFJKJeJoRQ4/giphy.gif

tjbison
04-12-2017, 02:00 PM

come on bunny turds, answer this?? What have you done to make yourself Better than NDSU to claim anything?

silkamilkamonico
04-12-2017, 05:54 PM
come on bunny turds, answer this?? What have you done to make yourself Better than NDSU to claim anything?

They aren't going to answer this.

Again, SDSU can't even average 3,000 fans for their home games. They aren't really even considered a "basketball school".

They aren't any more or less a basketball school than NDSU.

- both programs have 4 conference championships.
- SDSU has 1 more tournament appearance
- NDSU has an NCAA tournament win
- NDSU leads in head to head series in D1
- NDSU has a better overall record in D1
- NDSU has a higher Home attendance average

runtheoption
04-12-2017, 06:30 PM
SDSU isn't a basketball school because of their basketball program, they're a basketball school because of our football program

This is one of my all time favorite posts on here.

jacksfan29
04-12-2017, 07:06 PM
SDSU needs to become more prestige and do more in the NCAA tournament(like win a game) so it would make the 2 XDSU's more attractive to the MVC. Also being nothing but a 14, 15 or 16 seed is embarrassing if you call yourself a bball school

Until then, theyre nothing but a womens college who have a total of 2 playoff wins in their football history.

Id rather hold hands with UND to the MVC. At least their program produces NHL talent on a yearly basis.

One of the dumbest posts I've seen on BV, and that says a lot. What does NHL talent have to do with basketball and the MVC? How clueless are you?

Every year NDSU do not make the NCAA tournament your one win becomes less and less important to anyone outside of Fargo. It has been three seasons since the win? Next year will be four, the year after five, you get the picture. Your next shot at the tourney? Maybe six seasons after your big win, that's a big maybe. You have no shot next season or the year after. As long as Mooney and Daum are around NDSU will be an afterthought. And with TJ and Smith at the South Dakota schools, good luck out recruiting either. Maybe if Richmond leaves. Or maybe if your school stops running that sleep inducing weave...

But hey, your heading to the B12, or is it the Mountain West, or MVC, or MAC? Hard to tell what the fan boys on BV are dreaming up today.

NDSU are going nowhere, there is no FBS conference who want you and the MVC will only take you if there is a geographic bridge between you and them (SDSU). The same geographic bridge that got NDSU into the Gatway (SDSU). You may not like it, but an SDSU invite is your only shot at getting into the MVC and I don't expect that to happen.

Personally, if an MVC invite came to SDSU I'd rather move with USD. They have an up and coming BB program and are a better geographic fit.

Bisonator98
04-12-2017, 07:09 PM
One of the dumbest posts I've seen on BV, and that says a lot. What does NHL talent have to do with basketball and the MVC? How clueless are you?

Every year NDSU do not make the NCAA tournament your one win becomes less and less important to anyone outside of Fargo. It has been three seasons since the win? Next year will be four, the year after five, you get the picture. Your next shot at the tourney? Maybe six seasons after your big win, that's a big maybe. You have no shot next season or the year after. As long as Mooney and Daum are around NDSU will be an afterthought. And with TJ and Smith at the South Dakota schools, good luck out recruiting either. Maybe if Richmond leaves. Or maybe if your school stops running that sleep inducing weave...

But hey, your heading to the B12, or is it the Mountain West, or MVC, or MAC? Hard to tell what the fan boys on BV are dreaming up today.

NDSU are going nowhere, there is no FBS conference who want you and the MVC will only take you if there is a geographic bridge between you and them (SDSU). The same geographic bridge that got NDSU into the Gatway (SDSU). You may not like it, but an SDSU invite is your only shot at getting into the MVC and I don't expect that to happen.

Personally, if an MVC invite came to SDSU I'd rather move with USD. They have an up and coming BB program and are a better geographic fit.

Now you're just being hilarious. :rofl:

silkamilkamonico
04-12-2017, 07:28 PM

Really sad, that SDSU has a guy like Daum who may be playing in the NBA some day and SDSU can't even get 3,000 fans to come watch him play. In about 2 years, when SDSU is replaced by USD as the best basketball program in South Dakota, you won't have Daum to keep you're program afloat anymore.

NDSU92
04-12-2017, 07:35 PM

The question remains. What has SDSU done to make SDSU the premiere basketball school of the upper Midwest that all Bunny fans seem to think they are? There is nothing that you can point to that puts SDSU head and shoulders above NDSU.

Bisonator98
04-12-2017, 07:41 PM
Allow me to translate jacksfan29's post. He is saying the best thing SDSU has going for them is they are a bridge to NDSU and he'd rather be eaten by a coyote then get stomped by the Bison anymore.

wow
04-12-2017, 08:29 PM
The question remains. What has SDSU done to make SDSU the premiere basketball school of the upper Midwest that all Bunny fans seem to think they are? There is nothing that you can point to that puts SDSU head and shoulders above NDSU.

SDSU won the most recent Summit League Tournament. By definition, that would make us CURRENTLY better than NDSU.

USD won the regular season title, they are CURRENTLY better than NDSU.

NDSU is CURRENTLY the 3rd (actually probably 4th) best team in the Dakotas. And somehow an argument is being made that they are superior? Seriously? You guys seem to have finally gotten over Woody, at some point you should get over the tournament win and worry about the CURRENT state of your basketball team.

You did win a tournament game 3 or 4 years ago, so there is that. I say 3 or 4 years because I don't remember exactly because who gives a shit? The Miami Heat won the NBA Finals 3 years ago. Are they CURRENTLY the best team in the NBA? Of course not.

NDSUguy
04-12-2017, 08:37 PM
SDSU won the most recent Summit League Tournament. By definition, that would make us CURRENTLY better than NDSU.

NDSU is CURRENTLY the 3rd (actually probably 4th) best team in the Dakotas. And somehow an argument is being made that they are superior? Seriously? You guys seem to have finally gotten over Woody, at some point you should get over the tournament win and worry about the CURRENT state of your basketball team.

You did win a tournament game 3 or 4 years ago, so there is that. I say 3 or 4 years because I don't remember exactly because who gives a shit? The Miami Heat won the NBA Finals 3 years ago. Are they CURRENTLY the best team in the NBA? Of course not.

The problem is that athletic programs aren't judged simply based on what they did in the last year or two. They are judged on a body of work over a period of time. Since move to D1, NDSU and SDSU men's basketball is nearly identical except that SDSU has 1 more appearance and NDSU has 1 more tournament win. That is what the programs are defined by. Nothing more than that.

El_Chapo
04-12-2017, 08:51 PM
HERE WE GO!!

What’s to keep the Summit from deciding to sponsor football and the raid the Valley to become more well-rounded? Same for the Valley which could take the three Dakota schools from the Summit (North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State) and expand to 12 in hoops?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-legislation-poised-to-change-college-football-bundled-like-a-congressional-bill/

silkamilkamonico
04-12-2017, 09:27 PM

At least you're starting to acknowledge that USD is passing SDSU as the best basketball program in South Dakota.

Christopher Moen
04-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Can someone remind me what was SDSU's record against NDSU in Men's Basketball the most recent season?

NDSU92
04-12-2017, 10:21 PM

A) For like the hundredth time, we are talking about success of a program (sustained), not success of a team or player (which is where your current comment applies).
B) You're tripping over your own logic on the way you claim that both SDSU and USD are better...
C) If SDSU is "zomg the best team ever in the Summit" why did we sweep y'all this year?

wow
04-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Can someone remind me what was SDSU's record against NDSU in Men's Basketball the most recent season?

Congratulations on winning your Super Bowl!! When do the rings arrive? Where is the trophy displayed? Will it be displayed at the Sioux Falls Scheels?

wow
04-12-2017, 10:25 PM
A) For like the hundredth time, we are talking about success of a program (sustained), not success of a team or player (which is where your current comment applies).
B) You're tripping over your own logic on the way you claim that both SDSU and USD are better...
C) If SDSU is "zomg the best team ever in the Summit" why did we sweep y'all this year?

1)The only way NDSU's program is anywhere near SDSU's level is if the (sustained) success is measured over the years since moving DI. Talk whole history and it is no contest honestly.
2)USD won regular season. SDSU won tournament. What did NDSU win?
3)Congratulations on winning your Super Bowl!! Will there be a ring ceremony at the 50 yard line at next year's football home opener?

El_Chapo
04-12-2017, 10:55 PM
ndsu 17-5 over sdsu in D1 (11 straight wins means your the dominant program)
ndsu 9-3 over usd

NDSU SDSU USD to valley in this article or summit raids the MVC??

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-legislation-poised-to-change-college-football-bundled-like-a-congressional-bill/ What’s to keep the Summit from deciding to sponsor football and the raid the Valley to become more well-rounded? Same for the Valley which could take the three Dakota schools from the Summit (North Dakota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State) and expand to 12 in hoops?

NDSUstudent
04-12-2017, 10:57 PM
I remember when SDSU fans said that Saul Phillips would end up fired after Woodside graduated, Richman may have a boring weave offense but the guy wins games.

Bison"FANatic"
04-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Will it be displayed at the Sioux Falls Scheels?

You still sore about that???

Dang its easy to get in you bunnies heads. Mission accomplished I guess.

HerdBot
04-12-2017, 11:41 PM
1)The only way NDSU's program is anywhere near SDSU's level is if the (sustained) success is measured over the years since moving DI. Talk whole history and it is no contest honestly.
2)USD won regular season. SDSU won tournament. What did NDSU win?
3)Congratulations on winning your Super Bowl!! Will there be a ring ceremony at the 50 yard line at next year's football home opener?

Well congrats on having a better Division 2 basketball team. I'm sure those who witnessed the D2 National Championship victory are dancing in their wheel chairs.

silkamilkamonico
04-12-2017, 11:45 PM
Congratulations on winning your Super Bowl!! When do the rings arrive? Where is the trophy displayed? Will it be displayed at the Sioux Falls Scheels?

Don't worry, our SuperBowl is the round of 32 in the NCAA tournament. Keep working on 64.

EC8CH
04-12-2017, 11:50 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/5wWf7GR2nhgamhRnEuA/giphy.gif

silkamilkamonico
04-12-2017, 11:52 PM
I remember when SDSU fans said that Saul Phillips would end up fired after Woodside graduated, Richman may have a boring weave offense but the guy wins games.

It's too bad we don't have a refined search that can pull the posts from SDSU fans when we both went D1. Some of them said we would probably never beat SDSU again in basketball.

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2017, 12:41 AM

Next year will be your 10th season without a win, then 11 the next, then 12 the next.

Daum and Mooney are like 1-5 against NDSU. Nobodys afraid of them. Your guards are shit. Summit will be up for grabs as usual next year. and Ill laugh in your face if you thought your team was going to the tourney for the majority of this past season.

SDSU would be a great gateway if we cared about womens sports. but we dont, so leaving the jacks in the dust wouldn't be that big of a deal.

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2017, 12:44 AM

I didnt know beating a team who happens to be beneath them in the standings, twice, is considered a super bowl.

The difference between NDSU and SDSU is simple. Everyone cares what NDSU does, SDSU is a tag along to NDSU in any conference jump. IF the 2 decided to move, the other conference mates would be way more excited to host NDSU in football than the Jacks coming to town.

its probably a tie in MBB.

SanDakotaState
04-13-2017, 01:58 AM
Don't worry, our SuperBowl is the round of 32 in the NCAA tournament. Keep working on 64.
This seems fun, I want to play! :D

That 1 tournament win really boosted NDSU basketball prestige....I think NDSU has been to the big dance 1 time since that win. NDSU has finished with a .500 record or worse during Summit league play in 4 of the 9 seasons since becoming D1 post-season eligible. Meanwhile SDSU has had 2 season when they have finished .500 or worse in Summit league play with this past season being the latest and 08-09 being the 1st. There is no question that SDSU has been the more the consistent program.

You really think USD is going to pass SDSU for the best basketball school in SD? The Yotes finally finished ahead of the Jacks this year yet they went 1-2 against SDSU and had one of the biggest choke jobs in SLT history. SDSU is going to be in the top standing just about every year as long as TJ stays. He has a helluva recruiting class coming in next year, and it's just going to get better. When Frost gets renovated in the next year or so, it's going to make SDSU that much tougher at home. Sorry to say but SDSU basketball aint going no where.

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2017, 02:14 AM
This seems fun, I want to play! :D

That 1 tournament win really boosted NDSU basketball prestige....I think NDSU has been to the big dance 1 time since that win. NDSU has finished with a .500 record or worse during Summit league play in 4 of the 9 seasons since becoming D1 post-season eligible. Meanwhile SDSU has had 2 season when they have finished .500 or worse in Summit league play with this past season being the latest and 08-09 being the 1st. There is no question that SDSU has been the more the consistent program.

You really think USD is going to pass SDSU for the best basketball school in SD? The Yotes finally finished ahead of the Jacks this year yet they went 1-2 against SDSU and had one of the biggest choke jobs in SLT history. SDSU is going to be in the top standing just about every year as long as TJ stays. He has a helluva recruiting class coming in next year, and it's just going to get better. When Frost gets renovated in the next year or so, it's going to make SDSU that much tougher at home. Sorry to say but SDSU basketball aint going no where.

Why cant SDSU own NDSU in head to head if you're more consistent?

SanDakotaState
04-13-2017, 02:16 AM
Next year will be your 10th season without a win, then 11 the next, then 12 the next.

Daum and Mooney are like 1-5 against NDSU. Nobodys afraid of them. Your guards are shit. Summit will be up for grabs as usual next year. and Ill laugh in your face if you thought your team was going to the tourney for the majority of this past season.

First of all, Daum is 2-3 against NDSU (he has 2 more years to make that 6-3). I knew SDSU would be right there by seasons end. TJ had to find his rotation and a reliable guard who would manage the game. Orris did exactly that in the 2nd half of the Summit League season. The zone defense killed SDSU for the majority of the season, then when they switched to man-to-man it was a different story. The Jacks finished 10-3 (including SLT) against Summit League competition.

As for guard play next season, that is up in the air again but TJ has a couple of 3* recruits coming in who should make an impact.

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2017, 02:19 AM
First of all, Daum is 2-3 against NDSU (he has 2 more years to make that 6-3). I knew SDSU would be right there by seasons end. TJ had to find his rotation and a reliable guard who would manage the game. Orris did exactly that in the 2nd half of the Summit League season. The zone defense killed SDSU for the majority of the season, then when they switched to man-to-man it was a different story. The Jacks finished 10-3 (including SLT) against Summit League competition.

As for guard play next season, that is up in the air again but TJ has a couple of 3* recruits coming in who should make an impact.

Ok so now do it..if NDSU beats SDSU once, you should be ashamed of your more "prestige" program with the way you talk it up.

SanDakotaState
04-13-2017, 02:27 AM
Why cant SDSU own NDSU in head to head if you're more consistent?

Your fan base obviously....and SDSU is probably looking ahead to the next game. 7-15 since 08-09 is worse than I thought but 2 of those wins were in the SLT Title game so SDSU does win the more meaningful games?

HerdBot
04-13-2017, 02:42 AM
Your fan base obviously....and SDSU is probably looking ahead to the next game. 7-15 since 08-09 is worse than I thought but 2 of those wins were in the SLT Title game so SDSU does win the more meaningful games?

Considering we're usually in first or second place when we play, not sure how they could overlook. That's preposterous. Its easier to win meaningful games when it's basically a home game mid week. If we got the luxury of having home games who knows what happens. Either way both teams have consistently been good

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2017, 02:49 AM

Should try winning a meaningful 12/5 match if you were ever worthy of a 12 seed.

SanDakotaState
04-13-2017, 03:11 AM
Should try winning a meaningful 12/5 match if you were ever worthy of a 12 seed.

SDSU was a 12 seed last season and lost by 5 to Maryland who was lead by Melo Trimble, Diamond Stone, and Rasheed Sulaimon. Maryland was under-seeded and lost to #1 Kansas in the Sweet 16. Maryland was ranked in the top 5 for a good majority of the season.

HerdBot
04-13-2017, 03:21 AM
SDSU was a 12 seed last season and lost by 5 to Maryland who was lead by Melo Trimble, Diamond Stone, and Rasheed Sulaimon. Maryland was under-seeded and lost to #1 Kansas in the Sweet 16. Maryland was ranked in the top 5 for a good majority of the season.

So does the history book have an asterisk after it with your exaggerated long winded explanation of a game you never lead. Moral victory at best. Nice rally to get it to 2 with a few seconds left

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2017, 03:46 AM

Forgot about how you made it interesting

Professorbum
04-13-2017, 04:17 AM
Cool. Some smack back and forth. Shows we have a legit rivalry with SDSU. I generally disagree with everything the SDSU fans have said here. But I will give credit where credit is due. Jacksfan29 nailed it about 4 pages back when he called out Richman and the weave. Richman damn-well better be more creative and have the guys developed on offense next year, or I'm gonna deep-six my season tickets. I won't care what conference we're in at that point. It's too painful to watch.

Christopher Moen
04-13-2017, 04:24 AM

What Super Bowl? Not even a win over Oklahoma is a "Super Bowl." I just want to know why you insist SDSU is better against a team they were 0-2 in the most recent season. Looks like "Super Bowl" means you lack a position in this argument.

tjbison
04-13-2017, 12:39 PM

key word Longhorn was making a point to

El_Chapo
04-13-2017, 01:46 PM
ok I went back thru the records.

since 2006 D1:

NDSU v SDSU 17-5 (11 straight at 1 point--how is that now the dominating Program?)
NDSU v USD 9-3

Bisonator98
04-13-2017, 02:01 PM

Wow this is UND esque. Congrats on your moral victory. We appreciate the extra cash you delivered for the conference....oh wait.:facepalm:

NDSU92
04-13-2017, 02:31 PM
What Super Bowl? Not even a win over Oklahoma is a "Super Bowl." I just want to know why you insist SDSU is better against a team they were 0-2 in the most recent season. Looks like "Super Bowl" means you lack a position in this argument.

Well I mean it's obvious right? We only beat them the first time because they overlooked us due to our lowly standing at the top of the conference compared to them being down at the bottom. We only beat them by more the second time because they overlooked us even more than the first time. It's simple sports psychology. /purple

wow
04-13-2017, 03:22 PM
Wow this is UND esque. Congrats on your moral victory. We appreciate the extra cash you delivered for the conference....oh wait.:facepalm:

Since you bring up cash delivered to the conference... I wonder which delivers more revenue to the league and its individual members: dollars from NDSU's tournament win or dollars from an annual conference tournament that is well attended.

I seem to remember Douple talking at one point about how the Summit is one of only a few conferences that actually writes checks to member schools from conference tournament revenue. IIRC, that was back when the tournament was held in a 6,000 seat arena, average attendance is well over that number now. Maybe the actual dollar amount isn't much, but I would be curious to know.

Does anyone know the revenue schools receive from NDSU's tournament win vs what the conference pays out (if my memory isn't complete crap on that issue)?

Bison"FANatic"
04-13-2017, 03:51 PM
Since you bring up cash delivered to the conference... I wonder which delivers more revenue to the league and its individual members: dollars from NDSU's tournament win or dollars from an annual conference tournament that is well attended.

I seem to remember Douple talking at one point about how the Summit is one of only a few conferences that actually writes checks to member schools from conference tournament revenue. IIRC, that was back when the tournament was held in a 6,000 seat arena, average attendance is well over that number now. Maybe the actual dollar amount isn't much, but I would be curious to know.

Does anyone know the revenue schools receive from NDSU's tournament win vs what the conference pays out (if my memory isn't complete crap on that issue)?

about 1.5 million over 6 years.

Bisonator98
04-13-2017, 04:16 PM

Doesn't matter. NDSU's win still brings in more then SDSU's non win. Keep spinning...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/774/c54650b7278f88a3eeaa7aa7d5fce4f7.jpg

wow
04-13-2017, 04:20 PM
about 1.5 million over 6 years.

So each school receives $250,000 per year? I would be shocked if the SLT provides that much. Anybody know?

TAILG8R
04-13-2017, 04:35 PM
So each school receives $250,000 per year? I would be shocked if the SLT provides that much. Anybody know?

I'd be shocked if the SLT has provided that much in total since it moved to Sioux Falls honestly.

Mayville Bison
04-13-2017, 04:42 PM

I can tell you who gives a shit - all the Summit League teams who are getting extra money from the one tournament win the league has ever seen. What has SDSU/USD done to make extra money for the conference?

EDIT - should have known someone would have posted this already. Point still valid

Bison"FANatic"
04-13-2017, 04:57 PM
No the summit league gets about 250,000 per year for that win.

If we could get more than 1 team from the league to be good enough to win a game in a decade or two, the Summit would actually get a little more respect in the seeding and get higher seeds which would lead to more wins. If your such a huge basketball school why don't you guys step up and actually start pulling your weight instead of getting to the dance and shooting your load because your there and try actually winnning once. ;0 Otherwise it is no different than sending the team that didn't even make the Summit league tourney to the Dance.

Yote 53
04-13-2017, 06:21 PM
This is awesome. When USD first joined you guys in the conferences I would come to these boards and NDSU fans and SDSU fans were so cozy about things and had such a (phony) great relationship that I was waiting for some of the fans to meet out behind the bleachers for a make-out session. Blaaa, puke, it was disgusting. Now that some red meat (a non-existent MVC conference invite) has been thrown in between you dogs you are now out for each other's blood. I love it.

silkamilkamonico
04-13-2017, 06:27 PM
I can tell you who gives a shit - all the Summit League teams who are getting extra money from the one tournament win the league has ever seen. What has SDSU/USD done to make extra money for the conference?

You would think an SDSU fan would be aware of how that works, but then again they have never won a game in the tournament.

wow
04-13-2017, 06:43 PM
No the summit league gets about 250,000 per year for that win.

If we could get more than 1 team from the league to be good enough to win a game in a decade or two, the Summit would actually get a little more respect in the seeding and get higher seeds which would lead to more wins. If your such a huge basketball school why don't you guys step up and actually start pulling your weight instead of getting to the dance and shooting your load because your there and try actually winnning once. ;0 Otherwise it is no different than sending the team that didn't even make the Summit league tourney to the Dance.

Summit League tournament attendance the last 2 years was 61,000. All session tickets sold for about $15 each, single sessions were $22. If the league netted $10 per ticket (no real idea if that's realistic), that's $610,000.

tjbison
04-13-2017, 06:43 PM
This is awesome. When USD first joined you guys in the conferences I would come to these boards and NDSU fans and SDSU fans were so cozy about things and had such a (phony) great relationship that I was waiting for some of the fans to meet out behind the bleachers for a make-out session. Blaaa, puke, it was disgusting. Now that some red meat (a non-existent MVC conference invite) has been thrown in between you dogs you are now out for each other's blood. I love it.

GFY....puppy dog

:)

NDSUguy
04-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Summit League tournament attendance the last 2 years was 61,000. All session tickets sold for about $15 each, single sessions were $22. If the league netted $10 per ticket (no real idea if that's realistic), that's $610,000.

That's a good chunk of change if true however the benefit for attendance has to be compared to what the attendance WOULD have been if not in that location. The Jacks and Yotes can't take credit for that kind of money if revenue at some other location would have been 80% of what it is in Sioux Falls?

For example, what would the attendance be if the tournament was in Fargo or somewhere else? With UND joining the league i wonder what the attendance would be if the games were held in ND vs. SD. Certainly the facility plays a role in the attendance but to me it has more to do with the proximity of two teams to the venue.

Bison bison
04-13-2017, 07:12 PM
This.

UND is a big basketball school

Christopher Moen
04-13-2017, 07:19 PM

Don't forget the SLT has expenses.

wow
04-13-2017, 08:16 PM
That's a good chunk of change if true however the benefit for attendance has to be compared to what the attendance WOULD have been if not in that location. The Jacks and Yotes can't take credit for that kind of money if revenue at some other location would have been 80% of what it is in Sioux Falls?

For example, what would the attendance be if the tournament was in Fargo or somewhere else? With UND joining the league i wonder what the attendance would be if the games were held in ND vs. SD. Certainly the facility plays a role in the attendance but to me it has more to do with the proximity of two teams to the venue.

Until Fargo puts their money where your mouth is, SIOUX FALLS (not Jacks and Yotes) can take all the credit they want.

wow
04-13-2017, 08:21 PM
Don't forget the SLT has expenses.

Of course. Every conference tournament has expenses. That's why I said net. They also have sponsors who are writing checks every year.

If I remember Douple's statements correctly, almost all mid major conferences require payment from member schools on an annual basis just to operate. The Summit writes checks to member schools. The Summit League tournament is the reason why that is possible.

If you really think about it, SDSU fans and the Sioux Falls community subsidize the athletic budgets and programs of the entire Summit League in a pretty big way. NDSU fans should be thanking us, not crying about some perceived home court advantage.

Bison"FANatic"
04-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Of course. Every conference tournament has expenses. That's why I said net. They also have sponsors who are writing checks every year.

If I remember Douple's statements correctly, almost all mid major conferences require payment from member schools on an annual basis just to operate. The Summit writes checks to member schools. The Summit League tournament is the reason why that is possible.

If you really think about it, SDSU fans and the Sioux Falls community subsidize the athletic budgets and programs of the entire Summit League in a pretty big way. NDSU fans should be thanking us, not crying about some perceived home court advantage.

Kind of how we subsidize your football program every other year.

Christopher Moen
04-13-2017, 09:11 PM

Would SDSU being doing the same if the tournament was held in Fargo?

wow
04-13-2017, 10:11 PM
Would SDSU being doing the same if the tournament was held in Fargo?

Would my wife have a nicer car if I made twice as much money?

Doesn't matter, it isn't gonna happen.

EC8CH
04-13-2017, 10:24 PM
Kind of how we subsidize your football program every other year.

https://media.giphy.com/media/j2PS9MGm85WkE/giphy.gif

ByeSonBusiness
04-14-2017, 12:24 AM
This.

UND is a big basketball school

Huge! Will be shocked if they don't take over Sioux Falls in a couple years.

The city may even rename itself Sioux Forever, SD or Sioux Yaya, SD

HerdBot
04-14-2017, 07:05 AM
Pxp Man For Northern Iowa Gary Rima 4 - 13 - 17
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/pxp-man-for-northern-iowa-gary-rima-4-13-17

Gary Rima from UNI. What a douche. Says UMKC would be a great fit and doesn't even mention NDSU or SDSU.

Explain to me. Give me 1 reason outside of a big market that they are completely irrelevant in... Can you name 1 thing that UMKC does better consistently than Ndsu or SDSU

Tradition. Fan support. Facilities. Attendance NCAA tournament appearances. National brand. Rivals. Their biggest moment in history is beating Green Bay in the CBI

Christopher Moen
04-14-2017, 08:19 AM
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/pxp-man-for-northern-iowa-gary-rima-4-13-17

Gary Rima from UNI. What a douche. Says UMKC would be a great fit and doesn't even mention NDSU or SDSU.

Explain to me. Give me 1 reason outside of a big market that they are completely irrelevant in... Can you name 1 thing that UMKC does better consistently than Ndsu or SDSU

Tradition. Fan support. Facilities. Attendance NCAA tournament appearances. National brand. Rivals. Their biggest moment in history is beating Green Bay in the CBI

UMKC kowtows athletically to UNI way better than NDSU (maybe SDSU too). Just the same scenario prior to NDSU getting into the MVFC when UNI worked hard to block the Bison's entry (but not SDSU). The Panthers are poor and NDSU's entry to the MVC for Men's Basketball will be a potential big blow to them being able to dominate the conference (now that Creighton and WSU are gone) without investing more money they don't have.

Son of a Bison
04-14-2017, 08:31 AM

He was pretty douchy coming on an NDSU specific radio station and not even mentioning pros and cons of NDSU or any other Summit member and their chances of MVC invite. He saw what happened to UNI and their football "dominance" before and after NDSU joined the MVFC. If he needs any reminder, he knows where to look (above the infamous garage door). Probably realizes same thing could happen in basketball.

Some conferences want TV markets and could care less about true competitiveness or rivalries - think Maryland and Rutgers. Not sure that attitude really fits a conference with a minor TV deal. I seriously don't know where Belmont or Murray State are and probably never will. Also, more than a few people think Kansas City is in Kansas. Plus, anytime someone mentions Kansas and basketball they do not and probably will never think of UMKC. Valparaiso is pretty low on my radar too. Personally, I doubt NDSU gets much of a sniff from the MVC.

runtheoption
04-14-2017, 01:01 PM
I seriously don't know where Belmont or Murray State are and probably never will. Also, more than a few people think Kansas City is in Kansas. Plus, anytime someone mentions Kansas and basketball they do not and probably will never think of UMKC. Valparaiso is pretty low on my radar too. Personally, I doubt NDSU gets much of a sniff from the MVC.

If these other schools you listed are the ones being considered and a lot of people feel the same as you do about those other schools, what does that say about our athletics program?

wow
04-14-2017, 01:35 PM
UMKC kowtows athletically to UNI way better than NDSU (maybe SDSU too). Just the same scenario prior to NDSU getting into the MVFC when UNI worked hard to block the Bison's entry (but not SDSU). The Panthers are poor and NDSU's entry to the MVC for Men's Basketball will be a potential big blow to them being able to dominate the conference (now that Creighton and WSU are gone) without investing more money they don't have.

This is spot on IMO. The UNI fanbase has had a taste of basketball success, and now expects it. Adding UMKC makes it more likely that UNI will make the tournament. Adding NDSU/SDSU makes it less likely.

Although we haven't experienced the success of NDSU against UNI, SDSU has gone 3-2 against UNI the last 5 years (4-7 since the DI move). Since joining the Gateway/MVFC SDSU has finished ahead of UNI in the conference standings 5 out of 9 seasons.

xDSU's recruit against them. xDSU's take their top assistants. xDSU's take their top administrators.

Life gets harder for UNI when the xDSU's are in the mix.

Yote 53
04-14-2017, 02:41 PM
I hope the Valley adds UMKC. That move will just hasten their slide and the Summit will catch up and pass them even faster.

HerdBot
04-14-2017, 02:42 PM
This is spot on IMO. The UNI fanbase has had a taste of basketball success, and now expects it. Adding UMKC makes it more likely that UNI will make the tournament. Adding NDSU/SDSU makes it less likely.

Although we haven't experienced the success of NDSU against UNI, SDSU has gone 3-2 against UNI the last 5 years (4-7 since the DI move). Since joining the Gateway/MVFC SDSU has finished ahead of UNI in the conference standings 5 out of 9 seasons.

xDSU's recruit against them. xDSU's take their top assistants. xDSU's take their top administrators.

Life gets harder for UNI when the xDSU's are in the mix.

Wow we actually agree on something :rofl:

I'll say this... Ndsu and Sdsu are on the rise as far as name recognition, attendance , tradition, and facilities go. Uni has peaked and has no money. And we don't even spend that much money. Imagine how good our schools would be if (when) we dramatically increase the budgets?

I think uni is actually fearful of The Dakota schools. Not because what we are NOW but what we could become. They use distance as an excuse when Fargo and Brookings are actually CLOSER than Nashville (Belmont) and about the same to Murray Kentucky. Heck the airport in Fargo is 5 minutes from all our facilities and we would be travel partners

Umkc is a chump program that will be 2 easy wins with little upside. Big market yes but the Dakota schools are the biggest teams in their states. We get regional media coverage like Big Ten teams get in their local markets. Heck Rapid City and Bismarck have the Dakota schools as lead stories every night and they are clear across the state. Bison football is available to every household on statewide NBC and is available from eastern Montana to western Minnesota to northern south Dakota. Midco sports net is huge up here. Umkc gets no mention at all because nobody cares

HerdBot
04-14-2017, 02:51 PM
I hope the Valley adds UMKC. That move will just hasten their slide and the Summit will catch up and pass them even faster.

And there will be a few teams in the wac looking for homes

Yote 53
04-14-2017, 02:51 PM
UNI is third fiddle in Iowa, and a distant third at that. They act all puffy about their status but the reality is very few in Iowa care about UNI. Most just feel they take away resources from Iowa and ISU. It doesn't help that some goofy state senator introduces legislation requiring the Iowa and ISU athletic departments to subsidize UNI because the BCS schools have so much. That is never going to happen and it only hurts UNI's status and makes them look like beggars.

This talk from UNI fans that they could go BCS and into the MAC (or that they would like to), all B.S. They can't afford it. The Panthers are more likely to join Drake in the Pioneer than they are to move to the MAC.

We should all hope the MVC adds a dreg like UMKC. Give it a few years, and as the backslide of that conference continues, UNI, ISU Red & Blue, Mo State, they'll all be lobbying to align with the Dakotas in the Summit. Just wait and enjoy watching all this unfold.

Bison"FANatic"
04-14-2017, 02:58 PM
We should all hope the MVC adds a dreg like UMKC. Give it a few years, and as the backslide of that conference continues, UNI, ISU Red & Blue, Mo State, they'll all be lobbying to align with the Dakotas in the Summit. Just wait and enjoy watching all this unfold.

The problem with that thought if it were to happen is they have at least 6 years of tournament payments after the slide would happen, then give them another few years of dragging feet and by that time you are looking at at least a decade. Then on top of that it all hinges on if the slide were to happen.

Mr Meaty
04-14-2017, 03:03 PM
The problem with that thought if it were to happen is they have at least 6 years of tournament payments after the slide would happen, then give them another few years of dragging feet and by that time you are looking at at least a decade. Then on top of that it all hinges on if the slide were to happen.

The slide as already begun. Without WSU and Creighton in there the conference is down with only ISU-r and UNI left. UNI in general is in a downward trend. Sure the payments are nice but they are not the end all to stay there. After all Creighton and WSU are leaving and passing on the payments. Sure moving to larger conference and possible bigger paydays. MVC for basketball will be trending downward and continue that direction.

DePereBisonFan
04-14-2017, 03:07 PM

If this happens, Summit > MVC.

Why would the MVC raid the Great West. Yikes.

Yote 53
04-14-2017, 03:08 PM
Yep. The MVC is already in full slide mode. The current members are in denial but, looking at it from the outside, it is obvious.

HerdBot
04-14-2017, 03:08 PM
UNI is third fiddle in Iowa, and a distant third at that. They act all puffy about their status but the reality is very few in Iowa care about UNI. Most just feel they take away resources from Iowa and ISU. It doesn't help that some goofy state senator introduces legislation requiring the Iowa and ISU athletic departments to subsidize UNI because the BCS schools have so much. That is never going to happen and it only hurts UNI's status and makes them look like beggars.

This talk from UNI fans that they could go BCS and into the MAC (or that they would like to), all B.S. They can't afford it. The Panthers are more likely to join Drake in the Pioneer than they are to move to the MAC.

Well their TV contract now has value but the longer they wait and the more shirty irrelevant teams they add to their conference , the odds of keeping the TV deal goes down. I mean I'm sure there millions of fans who want to watch Loyola and UMKC just because they reside in a big city. :rofl:

wow
04-14-2017, 04:50 PM
The slide as already begun. Without WSU and Creighton in there the conference is down with only ISU-r and UNI left. UNI in general is in a downward trend. Sure the payments are nice but they are not the end all to stay there. After all Creighton and WSU are leaving and passing on the payments. Sure moving to larger conference and possible bigger paydays. MVC for basketball will be trending downward and continue that direction.

Can someone explain why ISU-r is considered a good MVC team??? According to Wikipedia they haven't been to the tournament since 1998. They have had some good seasons, but nothing great until this year. And they were snubbed by the selection committee. Sure they are a nice team/program by mid-major standards, but if that is one of the best the MVC has to offer, YIKES.

AKBison
04-14-2017, 07:02 PM
Funding/attendance/competitiveness

I believe in the last 20 years, it has primarily been ISUr or WSU who have won the MVC All Sports Trophy. They just haven't got over the hump in basketball.

wow
04-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Funding/attendance/competitiveness

I believe in the last 20 years, it has primarily been ISUr or WSU who have won the MVC All Sports Trophy. They just haven't got over the hump in basketball.

Makes sense I guess. Like Augustana of the NCC, I bet they get over the hump once all the good teams are gone...

ByeSonBusiness
04-14-2017, 10:50 PM

I'd murder a homeless man if it got NDSU into the Valley.

Bisonator98
04-14-2017, 10:52 PM
I'd murder a homeless man if it got NDSU into the Valley.

WTF?:facepalm:

Bison bison
04-14-2017, 10:56 PM
OK. (Slowly walks backward out of the room.)

HerdBot
04-14-2017, 11:35 PM
Can someone explain why ISU-r is considered a good MVC team??? According to Wikipedia they haven't been to the tournament since 1998. They have had some good seasons, but nothing great until this year. And they were snubbed by the selection committee. Sure they are a nice team/program by mid-major standards, but if that is one of the best the MVC has to offer, YIKES.

I think people want to assume the next batch rises to the top.

Creighton > Wichita > UNI > Illinois State

Kind of like how UND became the dominate NCC team after Ndsu, Northern Colorado, USD/SDSU left

HerdBot
04-15-2017, 12:59 AM
They had the Illinois State beat writer in The Brakedown and it's the same garbage. I don't think they would want to be traveling to the Dakota's in the winter. Really? If they were talking about adding the University of Minnesota or q Wisconsin school would they be saying that? No it's total garbage. How many times in NDSU basketball history has a team not been able to travel to a game? Like never. Seriously... We have an airport 5 freaking minutes from the stadium. We are located at the intersection of 2 interstate highways. These guys talk like we're located in Walhalla North Dakota. Besides if they want a bus league the conference isn't as strong as they think.

Oh.. And it's funny because nobody wants to travel to Iowa or Illinois in the winter either.

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-friday-april-14th-full-show

EC8CH
04-15-2017, 01:27 AM
It's not the thought of traveling in the Dakotas that worries them, it's the thought of losing in the Dakotas.

HerdBot
04-15-2017, 06:22 PM
Interesting take
https://bustingbrackets.com/2017/04/13/mvc-basketball-five-teams-the-valley-should-add/

EC8CH
04-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Interesting take
https://bustingbrackets.com/2017/04/13/mvc-basketball-five-teams-the-valley-should-add/

I was shocked to find that nowhere on that list was the prestigious SDSU basketball program mentioned!

First reason mentioned for adding NDSU... rabid fanbase.

HerdBot
04-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Here's a really interesting take. Makes most sense
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/will-football-play-a-role-in-missouri-valley-conference-expansion/

ndsubison1
04-15-2017, 08:12 PM
Ndsu and Sdsu would be direct threats to all of those schools

HerdBot
04-15-2017, 10:16 PM
Ndsu and Sdsu would be direct threats to all of those schools

Yep. Not short term but inevitably we will. I'll just say this. It UNI can be very successful in a state where they play 3rd fiddle - The Dakota schools have just as much or more upside. We haven't even scratched the surface of what we could be. Just wait until we start packing the SHAC every night and all the seats can gain us significant Teammakers revenue. That's when we will really start to meet our full potential. The same is true for all the Dakota schools.

ByeSonBusiness
04-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Yep. Not short term but inevitably we will. I'll just say this. It UNI can be very successful in a state where they play 3rd fiddle - The Dakota schools have just as much or more upside. We haven't even scratched the surface of what we could be. Just wait until we start packing the SHAC every night and all the seats can gain us significant Teammakers revenue. That's when we will really start to meet our full potential. The same is true for all the Dakota schools.

I wonder if it'll ever happen. Has anything taken place to indicate NDSU will ever "pack the SHAC?" Could happen, just not gonna count on it. I thought they would this year, didn't come remotely close unfortunately.

HerdBot
04-15-2017, 11:01 PM
I wonder if it'll ever happen. Has anything taken place to indicate NDSU will ever "pack the SHAC?" Could happen, just not gonna count on it. I thought they would this year, didn't come remotely close unfortunately.

We lead the conference in attendance and averaged over 4200 vs D1 competition. Not too bad for a schedule of many Wednesday and Thursday games.

ByeSonBusiness
04-15-2017, 11:19 PM
We lead the conference in attendance and averaged over 4200 vs D1 competition. Not too bad for a schedule of many Wednesday and Thursday games.

Place holds like 5700. Long ways to go to "pack" it.

HerdBot
04-15-2017, 11:52 PM
Place holds like 5700. Long ways to go to "pack" it.

Exactly so lots of potential to generate way more revenue. Ultimately we would want it to be mostly season tickets too with TM dues. Pack the place and it's huge financial gain for the athletic department.

Professorbum
04-16-2017, 03:07 AM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/will-football-play-a-role-in-missouri-valley-conference-expansion/

I suppose it does make sense to most people outside of Fargo. But if it goes down that way and we're stuck in an MVFC with Murray State and with NDSU/Summit schools having diluted voting power, and we're still in the Summit for other sports, I hope we don't sit for that. I hope we go FBS in football at that point and tell the MVC schools that passed us over to F-off. I'd even go independent in FBS football. Heck there's enough of those out there that we'd have little trouble finding opponents.

ByeSonBusiness
04-16-2017, 03:57 AM
Exactly so lots of potential to generate way more revenue. Ultimately we would want it to be mostly season tickets too with TM dues. Pack the place and it's huge financial gain for the athletic department.

I like the optimism. Hope it comes to pass.

HerdBot
04-16-2017, 05:16 AM
I suppose it does make sense to most people outside of Fargo. But if it goes down that way and we're stuck in an MVFC with Murray State and with NDSU/Summit schools having diluted voting power, and we're still in the Summit for other sports, I hope we don't sit for that. I hope we go FBS in football at that point and tell the MVC schools that passed us over to F-off. I'd even go independent in FBS football. Heck there's enough of those out that that we'd have little trouble finding opponents.

I would be OK with being in the Summit for other sports. If we are going to be competitive in basketball we need to dedicate our resources to basketball, not the non revenue sports. And the Summit is a good fit for the other sports because the competition spends like a low mid major.

Professorbum
04-16-2017, 06:15 AM
I would be OK with being in the Summit for other sports. If we are going to be competitive in basketball we need to dedicate our resources to basketball, not the non revenue sports. And the Summit is a good fit for the other sports because the competition spends like a low mid major.

I'm okay with the Summit as well, as long as we as a conference and as a team figure out how to schedule stronger. But if the MVFC is going to be altered by bringing in Murray State and creating divisions, I'm wondering if the MVFC will start to lose its star power--not to mention the fact that we lose some influence. Long term, I'm not sure that's tenable. So then at that point, I'm hoping we have some plans in the works.

tjbison
04-16-2017, 11:47 AM

Worst thing we could is add Murray st to the mvfc...total garbage

Mr Meaty
04-16-2017, 11:48 AM

Complete hot mess. Just say No!!!!

HerdBot
04-16-2017, 01:43 PM

Complete hot mess. Just say No!!!!

Murray State would be HORRIBLE. However if it puts our basketball team in the MVC I would take it. But only if it means we're in for basketball

If we get Murray for football and don't get in for basketball, it would make me want to puke

BisoninNWMN
04-16-2017, 02:43 PM

How true this statement is.

I'm sure bunny fans will be spouting off about how this year's FB team will be the best ever and have the Bison defense bitch slap them again....

Christopher Moen
04-16-2017, 08:24 PM
How true this statement is.

I'm sure bunny fans will be spouting off about how this year's FB team will be the best ever and have the Bison defense bitch slap them again....

Can't wait to see their reaction when Jabril Cox smashes one of their star players for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yote 53
04-17-2017, 02:29 PM

The problem with that conference is the MVFC West is way more difficult than the MVFC East.

El_Chapo
04-17-2017, 10:09 PM
what is PATTY V doing? isnt it Her job to rally the MVFC members to try and get NDSU invited to MVC??

I just do get it. if NDSU refuses to go FBS (or even solicit fbs conferences) then MVC is best option why isnt there a full court press on this by Patty/NDSU? I asked this on 1660am this afternoon

NDSUstudent
03-25-2018, 01:20 AM
Yep. The MVC is already in full slide mode. The current members are in denial but, looking at it from the outside, it is obvious.

Yep, they are sliding right into the Final Four.

Honeybooboo
03-25-2018, 01:29 AM

oh, snap...lol

Bison bison
03-25-2018, 01:53 AM
Until loyola-chicago bolts.

perthbison
03-25-2018, 06:04 AM
Pretty good paycheck for the conference members