PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Bison Spring Football

TwinCityBison
03-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Spring practice starts Wed, let's get some thoughts on the roster and position questions going

Bison20
03-19-2017, 10:17 PM
I think the biggest question will be the offensive line and who is playing where. Lots of talent and competition for 3 open spots. Another position should be who fills in at lb. I'm hoping cox can be one with Deluca but who is the 3rd lb.

HerdBot
03-19-2017, 10:33 PM
interested to see on offense

Running backs... Will Bruce Anderson finally be healthy and take his game to the next level. How will Purifoy look? Has he added weight to his frame. How did Cofield progress after a season with Kramer? Lance Dunn?

Offensive line - tons of talent, curious to see who goes where. Curious to see Radunz and Volson after a year in the system. Will Zack J Johnson make a big step? How about youngsters like Howieson, Schoening, and Hecht?

TE/FB - interested to see how Ellefson progresses and how our trio of young fullbacks progress.

Wide receivers - we know what we got with Shepherd and RJ. Want to see how Dimitri Williams and Dallas Freeman take their game to the next levelbut really interested to see the 6-5 Sean Engel, RFR Trevor Heit, and speedster Victor Kizewski who was moved to receiver. I don't see Khavon Hawkins or Frandsen on the roster anymore

TwinCityBison
03-19-2017, 10:44 PM
I'm interested in the #2 QB how that shapes with Cole Davis and Henry Van Dellen

TwinCityBison
03-19-2017, 10:46 PM
I think the biggest question will be the offensive line and who is playing where. Lots of talent and competition for 3 open spots. Another position should be who fills in at lb. I'm hoping cox can be one with Deluca but who is the 3rd lb. yes. Will Chris Board grab one with Plank backing up the middle. Will Deluca and a Plank play together in some packages

mtoutfitter
03-19-2017, 11:12 PM
I'll take a stab at OL....RT,Z Johnson....RG, Collin Conner....Center, T Volson.....LG,A Kuhnert......LT, D Radunz.

Bison20
03-20-2017, 01:49 AM
yes. Will Chris Board grab one with Plank backing up the middle. Will Deluca and a Plank play together in some packages

Think of the athleticism you would have with board, Deluca and cox. They can all hit hard to. I would think board would do well in coverage being converted from safety and covering te instead of wr

1993bison
03-20-2017, 03:25 PM
I'll take a stab at OL....RT,Z Johnson....RG, Collin Conner....Center, T Volson.....LG,A Kuhnert......LT, D Radunz.
That would be a big switch moving Connor from LT to RG and replacing him with a RFr

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter
03-20-2017, 03:49 PM
That would be a big switch moving Connor from LT to RG and replacing him with a RFr

I know....just going off of rumor on that. Could be WAY off!!

ZHerd
03-20-2017, 03:57 PM
With the LB spots it's going to come down to mentally grasping the positions. Board is an athletic monster on special teams but he looked completely lost when playing safety. The OLB position battles will be interesting

Christopher Moen
03-20-2017, 04:14 PM
With the LB spots it's going to come down to mentally grasping the positions. Board is an athletic monster on special teams but he looked completely lost when playing safety. The OLB position battles will be interesting

I think after two years since being removed from being a starter at safety, that Board has a much better grasp on NDSU's defense. If not, than that's lot talent being wasted.

DM05
03-20-2017, 04:37 PM

Excited to see the battle for the tackle spots between Conner, Johson, Radunz, and Cordell Volson. Hope all 4 get some time early. I think the Kuhnert move back to LG makes a lot of sense, especially with how well Volson played in the first two games last year.

Really hope Cox can grasp the defense enough to play some OLB, but there should be good competition with Board, Marlette, Jordheim, Mercadel, Brinkman. Just want to see Cox and DeLuca on the field together at some point behind a healthy and experienced DL. If he needs some more time, hope he gets all kinds of snaps in the first two home games and is fully on board by the playoffs. Also hope to hear good news about Tanguay.

HerdBot
03-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Check out the height and weights...

Cole Karcz DL 6-4 263 (now listed as DL and not DE... might see some action in the middle)
Jake Brinkman LB 6-0 255 (is that a misprint?)

Look like Grimsley is up 12 lbs... much needed

Also I don't see Connor Hubbs on the roster anymore. Knee problems from High School never recovered from?

bison_by_blood
03-21-2017, 04:19 AM

True, but I think the lineup suggested is the odds on favorite for now.

HerdBot
03-21-2017, 06:09 AM

Joe Haeg started as a freshman at RT and took over for Billy Turner and arguably was a better LT. I think Conor is really talented but his skills seem to be better fit as a power run blocker than an elite pass protecter

Professor Chaos
03-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Izzo just tweeted out the spring depth chart: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/844183407584296961

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7ckVDRU0AEdJTw.jpg:large

Interesting that Deluca is moving to WLB to open up the middle for Plank. Cox is listed as Board's backup at SLB for now. Kuhnert moves to RG opening up the C position for T Volson with Messner moving in at LG and Bacon moving in at RT.

I get the feeling the upper classmen were listed higher on the depth chart to start spring ball but it'll be more of an open competition at those LB and OL positions that have opened up due to graduation. Specifically with Radunz and little Zack Johnson on the OL and Cox at LB getting long looks to play over the upperclassmen currently at those spots. I think it's telling that (if you don't count Wegner at P) Radunz and Cox are the only two rFr to crack the two-deep going into spring ball. I bet both work their way into significant, if not starting, roles by the RMU game next fall.

EDIT: Also pretty neat to see three ND boys top the depth chart on the O-line (for now). Some home grown beef up front!

mtoutfitter
03-21-2017, 02:42 PM
So far I wasn't even close on the OL!! Oh well...never been accused of being smart. For some reason I thought Bacon was looked at as more of a guard rather than tackle. At any rate I'm surprised to see him over Johnson who seemed to see a lot of snaps last fall.

Bison20
03-21-2017, 04:13 PM
It will be interesting to see how things change from the spring 2 deep until the fall when games will be played. Offensive line will have lots of competition. It should also be a good battle at lb, surprised to see Deluca moved but plank did well filling in. Hopefully our secondary can improve, don't see Felix Dixon on the 2 deep. Can he make an impact?

tolnabison
03-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Jorgenson did say on the radio the coaches would ideally like to move Conner to guard.

HerdBot
03-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Izzo just tweeted out the spring depth chart: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/844183407584296961

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7ckVDRU0AEdJTw.jpg:large

Interesting that Deluca is moving to WLB to open up the middle for Plank. Cox is listed as Board's backup at SLB for now. Kuhnert moves to RG opening up the C position for T Volson with Messner moving in at LG and Bacon moving in at RT.

I get the feeling the upper classmen were listed higher on the depth chart to start spring ball but it'll be more of an open competition at those LB and OL positions that have opened up due to graduation. Specifically with Radunz and little Zack Johnson on the OL and Cox at LB getting long looks to play over the upperclassmen currently at those spots. I think it's telling that (if you don't count Wegner at P) Radunz and Cox are the only two rFr to crack the two-deep going into spring ball. I bet both work their way into significant, if not starting, roles by the RMU game next fall.

EDIT: Also pretty neat to see three ND boys top the depth chart on the O-line (for now). Some home grown beef up front!

DeLuca will slide to the middle in passing downs and Plank will go to the sidelines. That's how they did it with Grant Olson and Littlejohn who was amazing in coverage

I wouldn't put much stock into the depth chart at this point. They always make the young guys earn their spots

Bisonator98
03-21-2017, 07:27 PM
DeLuca will slide to the middle in passing downs and Plank will go to the sidelines. That's how they did it with Grant Olson and Littlejohn who was amazing in coverage

I wouldn't put much stock into the depth chart at this point. They always make the young guys earn their spots
This. It could be completely different by fall too.

Mr Meaty
03-21-2017, 09:01 PM
This. It could be completely different by fall too.

Coach said the depth chart is very fluid right now.

GenX
03-21-2017, 09:38 PM
Coach said the depth chart is very fluid right now.

Link to the presser?

IBleedYellow
03-21-2017, 09:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQsumXmUkc

Mr Meaty
Link to the presser?

gobison.com has it up

DM05
Edit: Repeated link to presser deleted

CAS4127
03-21-2017, 09:59 PM
DeLuca to WLB will save his shoulder some and is likely his NFL position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
03-22-2017, 02:31 AM
Felix Dixon only weighed in at 5-11, 166 lbs. Fortunately that's up from 158 last year but damn... the lightest on the team. At that weight, he won't even see the practice squad. Good luck trying to tackle anyone without getting injured. I think we will have to wait to see him contribute next year unless he can add some weight. I think he was injured last year but hopefully he has the frame because we need corners for the future

HerdBot
03-22-2017, 04:57 AM
Coach Klieman will be on Bison1660 Tomorrow

stevdock
03-22-2017, 04:43 PM
DeLuca to WLB will save his shoulder some and is likely his NFL position.

Is this a case of getting the most talent on the field at the same time?? I'm guessing Plank stays at MLB then??

1993bison
03-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Starters will be Board, Plank & DeLuca per my sources.

Trumpster
03-22-2017, 05:41 PM

You mean the 2 deep that Izzo tweeted?

mtoutfitter
03-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Check out the height and weights...

Cole Karcz DL 6-4 263 (now listed as DL and not DE... might see some action in the middle)
Jake Brinkman LB 6-0 255 (is that a misprint?)

Look like Grimsley is up 12 lbs... much needed

Also I don't see Connor Hubbs on the roster anymore. Knee problems from High School never recovered from?

I see they've updated Brinkman's weight on the roster......Now 225 Lbs.

1993bison
03-22-2017, 09:26 PM
I see they've updated Brinkman's weight on the roster......Now 225 Lbs.
Finally. I was getting concerned he was following my college diet of pizza and beer to the extreme.

A1pigskin
03-23-2017, 12:17 AM
Is this a case of getting the most talent on the field at the same time?? I'm guessing Plank stays at MLB then??

This is what I think as well.

BisonNeil
03-25-2017, 03:49 PM

Sounds like it, unless the Bison are playing a team like EWU.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4240141-emergence-plank-gives-bison-football-more-options-linebacker

GOBISON123
03-26-2017, 04:17 AM
Sounds like it, unless the Bison are playing a team like EWU.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4240141-emergence-plank-gives-bison-football-more-options-linebacker

Or the JackRabbits or the Redbirds.

mtoutfitter
03-27-2017, 05:00 PM
I see the Rindy Bros are back on the roster.

Bison03
03-30-2017, 01:10 AM
Lot of buzz from numerous coaches about Ty Brooks. Sounds like Kramer has got him into a good body to match his skill. Would love to see a three headed monster at RB again this year. Call them the BAD-ass back field with B-Brooks, A-Anderson, and D-Dunn.

EC8CH
03-30-2017, 01:55 AM
Lot of buzz from numerous coaches about Ty Brooks. Sounds like Kramer has got him into a good body to match his skill. Would love to see a three headed monster at RB again this year. Call them the BAD-ass back field with B-Brooks, A-Anderson, and D-Dunn.

Pass pro and running between the tackles. That's what I'd like to see develope as those are the skills lost the most with the graduations of Morlock and Fraizer.

ndsubison1
03-30-2017, 04:13 AM
Dunn was a little better hitting the hole this year and didnt want to immediately take it outside every time like his RFr season. Dunn can be that guy I think.

tjbison
03-30-2017, 06:47 AM

there is a guy that will change that by fall

tjbison
03-30-2017, 06:49 AM
Dunn was a little better hitting the hole this year and didnt want to immediately take it outside every time like his RFr season. Dunn can be that guy I think.

hopefully the new OC, gets the ball to whoever regularly so they can get rolling, switching guys every other play is counterproductive IMO

Biz101on
03-30-2017, 12:00 PM
Can't wait to see how they distribute the ball

Professor Chaos
03-30-2017, 01:37 PM
I was watching an old 2010 highlight a while back and saw some runs by Mike Sigers that showed some of the most explosive moves I've ever seen out of a Bison RB even after this string of exceptional RBs we've been able to watch. That guy was fun to watch! I'd love it if Brooks was able to bring back some of that "lightning strike" ability to the backfield.

Bison20
03-30-2017, 01:55 PM
there is a guy that will change that by fall

I'm assuming you are referring to cox. Hopefully he can pick up the defense with the red shirt year and another fall camp. Not sure about moving Deluca since he is such a good mlb but I'm sure he would be great playing any of the lb positions. Would like to see board, cox, and deluca. They would be able to cover so much ground with their athleticism.

Professor Chaos
03-30-2017, 02:09 PM
I'm assuming you are referring to cox. Hopefully he can pick up the defense with the red shirt year and another fall camp. Not sure about moving Deluca since he is such a good mlb but I'm sure he would be great playing any of the lb positions. Would like to see board, cox, and deluca. They would be able to cover so much ground with their athleticism.
Yeah, there's a long ways to go but from everything I'm hearing Board has been extremely impressive at SLB. I don't think the path to starter will be easy for Cox as some, myself included, may have thought. That's a good thing though. There's nothing wrong with having a little rotation at LB either.

Bison20
03-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Yeah, there's a long ways to go but from everything I'm hearing Board has been extremely impressive at SLB. I don't think the path to starter will be easy for Cox as some, myself included, may have thought. That's a good thing though. There's nothing wrong with having a little rotation at LB either.

Yea would be nice to be able to rotate the lbs some and have that depth. It takes a toll on those guys when they have to play every snap.

runtheoption
03-30-2017, 03:40 PM

At the FCS level, Deluca would stand out at any of the 3 LB positions, or as hand-in-the dirt or stand-up rushing DE. He could probably even do well as a monster safety.

thebigund
03-30-2017, 11:42 PM
I was watching an old 2010 highlight a while back and saw some runs by Mike Sigers that showed some of the most explosive moves I've ever seen out of a Bison RB even after this string of exceptional RBs we've been able to watch. That guy was fun to watch! I'd love it if Brooks was able to bring back some of that "lightning strike" ability to the backfield.

Brooks doesn't have the type of speed and quickness. Hardly anyone does.

Herd
03-31-2017, 12:47 AM

I cried when Sigers left. He was explosive, a true homerun guy.

bisonmike2
03-31-2017, 06:12 PM
Just ran into Coach Roehl and our new OC at lunch today at Rojo's in St. Louis Park. They are down here for a coaches clinic.

/CSB

TwinCityBison
03-31-2017, 06:36 PM
Just ran into Coach Roehl and our new OC at lunch today at Rojo's in St. Louis Park. They are down here for a coaches clinic.

/CSB Is Coach Klieman also?

roadwarrior
03-31-2017, 06:46 PM
Is Coach Klieman also?

Klieman is speaking at the University of Georgia's coaching clinic this weekend.

bisonmike2
03-31-2017, 07:23 PM
Is Coach Klieman also?

Klieman was not there. Just Roehl, Messingham and 2 other guys I didn't recognize.

lascrs
04-01-2017, 03:44 AM
Klieman is speaking at the University of Georgia's coaching clinic this weekend.

Congrates to Coach K for the invite. These are the events that make me nervous about losing coaches.

Scooter1
04-01-2017, 09:39 AM
The defense is where I'm most interrested this spring. With Tanguay, Deluca out and Plank limited, I think these guys will have a good spring.
1. Beau Pauly. At the very least he should bolster the special teams.
2. Michael Kelly. At 296 and wrestling background probably a good fit.
3. Quin Alo. He is going to be good.
4. Jabril Cox. If he isn't a starter he'll play a bunch.
5. Felix Dixon. We Need this guy to push the starters.
6. Marques Bridges. Super athletic
7. Moses Nyangocha. Could easily pass last season #2 players.
8. Matt Biegler. At 270 and TE speed he intrigues but a project IMO.

GOBISON123
04-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Few days ago I was in a meeting with a collaborator to discuss somethings related to work. He is located arround the NY area. During our conversation he told me that Vikings are his clients and his staff prepare scouting reports for the Vikings every year . He spoke highly of Nic Deluca. Not so much about Easton, thats all I will say.

scottietohottie
04-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Few days ago I was in a meeting with a collaborator to discuss somethings related to work. He is located arround the NY area. During our conversation he told me that Vikings are his clients and his staff prepare scouting reports for the Vikings every year . He spoke highly of Nic Deluca. Not so much about Easton, thats all I will say.

The other day I got a call from an Indonesian​ telemarketer who had sold some stuff to Tim polasek over the phone. He was impressed with our new OC but not so much with the fact that the Bison are still not FBS. He was very disappointed with the fhawkers move as well. That's all I will say.

BadlandsBison
04-01-2017, 04:47 PM

I was interrogating a North Korean spy last week. He told me that the secondary are all double agents.

HerdBot
04-01-2017, 04:57 PM

Where do you come up with this shit? Do you sit up all night thinking of asinine things to say or do they just happen spontaneously?

ndsubison1
04-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Stick transferring. Can anyone confirm?

thebigund
04-01-2017, 07:44 PM

Got da text?

Mr Meaty
04-01-2017, 08:07 PM

Bite your tongue.

GOBISON123
04-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Where do you come up with this shit? Do you sit up all night thinking of asinine things to say or do they just happen spontaneously?

I am being honest.

DM05
04-01-2017, 10:14 PM

Damn. Maybe someday we can be like all those other FCS programs that have a QB taken #2 overall and have an NFL caliber replacement waiting to take over....

thebigund
04-01-2017, 11:57 PM
Damn. Maybe someday we can be like all those other FCS programs that have a QB taken #2 overall and have an NFL caliber replacement waiting to take over....

Easton is not NFL caliber.

DM05
04-02-2017, 12:43 AM

Whoosh.........

For those with a GFCC degree: the quoted post was saying that Easton isn't NFL caliber. I replied by saying that not many FCS programs have QB's that are, including those programs where the last QB was the #2 pick in the draft.

EC8CH
04-02-2017, 12:55 AM

https://media.tenor.co/images/787fed6755fa6ec70cb3d16456d279db/tenor.gif

bisonfanette
04-02-2017, 02:08 AM
thebigund 7691

HerdBot
04-02-2017, 11:12 PM

Based on last year no but he was only a sophomore

perthbison
04-03-2017, 02:48 AM
Easton is not NFL caliber.Damb, you really are a football genius. Not much gets by you

Bison Dan
04-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Light years ahead of anyone on the und roster. In fact our top 3 qb's would be too.

DM05
04-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Any updates on OL? Seems like everything we're hearing is that they are really trying to identify the best combo of 5 guys. Lots of talk about Radunz, Volson, and Johnson, makes me think that a move inside is inevitable for Conner.

Any thoughts on an eventual fall 2 deep? My attempt:

LT: Radunz, C. Volson
LG: Conner, Ziemer
C: T. Volson, Triplett
RG: Kuhnert, Hecht
RT: Johnson, Bacon

Average size of those 10 guys is 6-5, 300, and Kramer will likely have the three freshmen growing this summer.

ndsubison1
04-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Yes Connor inside seems inevitable. Most mobile between him Radunz and Johnson

HerdBot
04-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Any updates on OL? Seems like everything we're hearing is that they are really trying to identify the best combo of 5 guys. Lots of talk about Radunz, Volson, and Johnson, makes me think that a move inside is inevitable for Conner.

Average six of those 10 guys is 6-5, 300, and Kramer will likely have the three freshmen growing this summer.

Yes Connor inside seems inevitable. Most mobile between him Radunz and Johnson

I think that would be our most athletic offensive line and have some great size too. If they can get the mental stuff down quickly, it could be pretty exciting.

mtoutfitter
04-03-2017, 06:27 PM

Average six of those 10 guys is 6-5, 300, and Kramer will likely have the three freshmen growing this summer.

Question here...3 Freshman growing? What am I missing? Jensen and Willis......who else? Not trying to be a smartass...just wondering.

perthbison
04-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Question here...3 Freshman growing? What am I missing? Jensen and Willis......who else? Not trying to be a smartass...just wondering.

Schoening too

mtoutfitter
04-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Schoening too

He was the class prior to Jensen and Willis....thought he meant from this year's signees.

DM05
04-03-2017, 10:04 PM

The three redshirt freshmen on my attempt at a two deep: Radunz, Volson, and Hecht. They'll likely put on a little more weight in the summer before fall camp. Radunz is currently at 288, Hecht at 282.

mtoutfitter
04-03-2017, 10:18 PM
The three redshirt freshmen on my attempt at a two deep: Radunz, Volson, and Hecht. They'll likely put on a little more weight in the summer before fall camp. Radunz is currently at 288, Hecht at 282.

Got ya....makes perfect sense to me now.

HerdBot
04-04-2017, 12:13 AM
Pretty solid guests on Bison 1660 today. Coach Klieman and Coach Roehl were on the shows today

The Brakedown - aired from 4-6 pm
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-monday-april-3rd-full-show

The Insiders - aired from 11-1
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-3-2017-full-show

bri-dog
04-04-2017, 03:24 PM
A nice story on Bryce Messner in the Foolum today. I've known his family for a long time; it's been an uphill battle, but it was good to finally see him get some playing time last year.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4245073-messner-focuses-new-offensive-guard-assignment-bison

Herd12
04-05-2017, 06:24 AM

difficult to think of a more ringing endorsement of Stick's talent than that the Vikings' evaluators are down on him.

1993bison
04-09-2017, 04:11 PM
When is the first scrimmage?

roadwarrior
04-09-2017, 05:09 PM
When is the first scrimmage?

Yesterday?

1993bison
04-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Yesterday?
That's what I thought. I havent seen reporting? No articles in the Forum app, nothing on Gobison.com, nothing on Bison Media Blog?

BisonTru
04-09-2017, 10:03 PM
There was a scrimmage Saturday. They announced the coaches at the clinic could come watch at the end of the Gruden talk.

Sent from the John using TapaTalk

HerdBot
04-10-2017, 12:42 AM
That's what I thought. I havent seen reporting? No articles in the Forum app, nothing on Gobison.com, nothing on Bison Media Blog?

There have been some stories on Gruden. I would tune into Bison 1660 tomorrow. They usually open the show with practice notes and then have an interview with Klieman shortly after. And then probably an interview with another position coach later

1993bison
04-10-2017, 03:11 AM
There have been some stories on Gruden. I would tune into Bison 1660 tomorrow. They usually open the show with practice notes and then have an interview with Klieman shortly after. And then probably an interview with another position coach later
I won't have time to listen during the day. I usually listen the the podcast or replay on the 1660 app but that's all jacked up, on my phone anyway.

HerdBot
04-10-2017, 03:32 AM
I won't have time to listen during the day. I usually listen the the podcast or replay on the 1660 app but that's all jacked up, on my phone anyway.

Soundcloud is way better than the app for podcasts. I think the all sucks for podcasts but is good for live streams

EDIT... Klieman will be on the Insiders today at noon and our new transfer WR from Illinois will be on at 12:30 today.

Professor Chaos
04-10-2017, 09:27 PM
FWIW, Klieman said today on the Insiders that James Hendricks has pretty well entrenched himself as the backup SS behind Grimsley and that Jaxon Brown looks like he'll now be Dempsey's backup at FS. Brown was listed as the backup SS on the depth chart released at the start of spring ball and Eric Bachmeier was the backup FS.

Scooter1
04-10-2017, 09:33 PM
The Bison defense seems to have the cupboards full at every spot. It appears that Jaxon Brown and James Hendricks have started to show promise in the safety position. Davis is challenging for more time at corner giving three CB with game experience. Three RFr Linebackers will make that position deeper than it has been in years. Throw Tanguay back into the DL rotation and the DL is suddenly deeper than it has been in years. Menard, Jones, Butler, Tuszka, Tuszka, Karcz, Morgan, Steidl, Williams, Alo, Darnell and Tanguay will guarantee that the DL will be fresh in the fourth quarter.
With all NDSU has on defense, I don't see any freshmen getting their redshirt pulled. With the addition of Cain at WR and being 5 deep at RB, I would say the entire class will be put on the shelf. Two classes in a row would be awesome and pay huge dividends down the road. This is a great time to be a Bison fan.

HerdBot
04-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Cole Karcz was on the Brakedown today...

THE BRAKEDOWN FULL SHOW MONDAY 4/19
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-monday-april-10th-full-show

NDSU Defensive Tackle, Cole Karcz on "The BrakeDown" Monday, April 10th
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/ndsu-defensive-tackle-cole-karcz-on-the-brakedown-monday-april-10th

GenX
04-10-2017, 11:47 PM
FWIW, Klieman said today on the Insiders that James Hendricks has pretty well entrenched himself as the backup SS behind Grimsley and that Jaxon Brown looks like he'll now be Dempsey's backup at FS. Brown was listed as the backup SS on the depth chart released at the start of spring ball and Eric Bachmeier was the backup FS.

Yes....heard that as well. Klieman also said on the show that Gruden was very impressed with RJ from the film he watched and also enjoyed meeting Nick DeLuca.

blackdiamond2
04-11-2017, 03:53 AM
They had it in the Forum the other day that Jake Brinkman (backup linebacker) and Moses Nyangacha left the team and I see they are no longer listed on the roster.

HerdBot
04-11-2017, 04:35 AM
They had it in the Forum the other day that Jake Brinkman (backup linebacker) and Moses Nyangacha left the team and I see they are no longer listed on the roster.

That's too bad. Athletically Brinkman was quite impressive but we never heard his name mentioned in camp. Too bad was hopeful he could step up. Either way good luck to him.

Too bad we lost Moses. I'm wondering if it has more to do with James Hendricks doing so well and jumping up the depth chart rapidly. I'm thinking this kid must really be doing well and he's got some great size. Either way good luck to Moses as well

Bison20
04-11-2017, 01:29 PM
That's too bad. Athletically Brinkman was quite impressive but we never heard his name mentioned in camp. Too bad was hopeful he could step up. Either way good luck to him.

Too bad we lost Moses. I'm wondering if it has more to do with James Hendricks doing so well and jumping up the depth chart rapidly. I'm thinking this kid must really be doing well and he's got some great size. Either way good luck to Moses as well

Kind of surprised to hear moses left. Had heard klieman refer to him doing well a few times but agree with the thought that hendricks must be really impressive to already be on the 2 deep. Our lb core looks really deep so not much of a surprise to lose someone there.

mtoutfitter
04-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Kind of surprised to hear moses left. Had heard klieman refer to him doing well a few times but agree with the thought that hendricks must be really impressive to already be on the 2 deep. Our lb core looks really deep so not much of a surprise to lose someone there.

Not nearly as deep as it was after losing Brinkman/Gochenour and Nyangacha....moved/left.

Mr Meaty
04-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Not nearly as deep as it was after losing Brinkman/Gochenour and Nyangacha....moved/left.

I pose this question not about the three former players listed above but as to more of a broader view. Did they leave/quit due to depth chart? Other issues with players/coaches?

mtoutfitter
04-11-2017, 02:54 PM
I pose this question not about the three former players listed above but as to more of a broader view. Did they leave/quit due to depth chart? Other issues with players/coaches?

Valid point....worthy of consideration.

Bison20
04-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Valid point....worthy of consideration.

I would guess it's more from being down on the depth chart but just speculation. Wasn't moses a safety? We still have lots of lb with jordheim, mercadel, marlette, kenely and cox

HerdBot
04-12-2017, 12:20 AM
Courtney Messingham was on Keith Brakes show today
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/ndsu-offensive-coordinator-courtney-messingham-on-the-brakedown-tuesday-april-11th

here's the full show https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-tuesday-april-11th-full-show

HerdBot
04-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Coach Klieman on the insiders at noon today

Grizzled
04-12-2017, 05:00 PM

Maybe Hendricks' climb up the depth chart had to due with Moses being dismissed/leaving the team and not with how well he has been doing.

HerdBot
04-12-2017, 07:31 PM
The Insiders full show 4/12 on Bison 1660
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-12-2017-full-show

Bison Head Coach Chris Klieman 4 - 12 - 17
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/bison-head-coach-chris-klieman-4-12-17

HerdBot
04-12-2017, 11:45 PM
NDSU Defensive Ends Coach, Buddha Williams on "The BrakeDown" Wednesday, April 12th
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/ndsu-defensive-ends-coach-buddha-williams-on-the-brakedown-wednesday-april-12th

or here is the full show is here https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-wednesday-april-12th-full-show

HerdBot
04-14-2017, 12:34 AM
The Insiders today had Tyler Roehl, Brian Shawn, and the voice of the UNI Pansies

FULL SHOW - THE INSIDERS - THURS 4/13
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-13-2017-full-show

The Brakedown had Austin Kuhnert
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-thursday-april-13th-full-show

HerdBot
04-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Pretty cool show today on The Insiders. Guests include Coach Klieman and Easton Stick. They also go over the new NCAA rules changes as far as recruiting go
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-14-2017-full-show

HerdBot
04-15-2017, 12:22 AM
NDSU Wide Receiver, Darrius Shepherd on "The BrakeDown" Friday, April 14th

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/ndsu-wide-receiver-darrius-shepherd-on-the-brakedown-friday-april-14th

or listen to the whole show here https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-friday-april-14th-full-show

GOBISON123
04-15-2017, 05:31 AM
The Insiders today had Tyler Roehl, Brian Shawn, and the voice of the UNI Pansies

FULL SHOW - THE INSIDERS - THURS 4/13
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-13-2017-full-show

The Brakedown had Austin Kuhnert
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-thursday-april-13th-full-show

Gary Rima is a good guy he always says nice things about the Bison. Farley is weird. I listened to their Monday press luncheon and conference with Farley ever week and I thought he was refurbuishing his team every week. He always moved guys arround. He talked about "creating" a player....which i thought was odd especially each week during the regular season.

steelbison
04-17-2017, 08:19 PM
Maybe Hendricks' climb up the depth chart had to due with Moses being dismissed/leaving the team and not with how well he has been doing.

Maybe, just maybe you dont know WTF you are talking about.

Coach K has been praising Hendricks all camp.....

GenX
04-17-2017, 09:13 PM

Spot on with your post!!! Not only has Hendricks been praised all camp...but he has passed up multiple folks on his rise up the depth chart, not just Moses. Thanks for speaking up and Giving the kid the respect he deserves. This board doesn't always need to be half-empty. Geez.

Mr Meaty
04-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Will attendance at the game be equal to last couple of years? I will be there. But last year I had two others with. I am not sure if they are coming this year. I know there is no ring ceremony but I hope the coaches and AD still speak before the game. The player deserve our support and well as all our student athletes. Go Bison.

Professor Chaos
04-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Will attendance at the game be equal to last couple of years? I will be there. But last year I had two others with. I am not sure if they are coming this year. I know there is no ring ceremony but I hope the coaches and AD still speak before the game. The player deserve our support and well as all our student athletes. Go Bison.
They're still having a ring ceremony... it will just be a MVFC championship ring ceremony rather than a national championship ring ceremony. Not quite the same in terms of prestige but still worth a little celebration.

Bison20
04-17-2017, 10:17 PM

It would be nice to have some depth throughout the defense. Our d line has had the depth to rotate but the lb and secondary have had to play almost every snap the last several years. Hopefully this year we can get some rotation to keep those guys fresh on the back end

EC8CH
04-18-2017, 12:34 AM

Hendricks was also praised as an athletic QB on the scout team. Could have been coachspeak or maybe the kid is just really good.

Christopher Moen
04-18-2017, 01:15 AM
Hendricks was also praised as an athletic QB on the scout team. Could have been coachspeak or maybe the kid is just really good.

Also have to remember that he is a son of a football coach. Add that cerebral aspect to his athleticism, and there's a good chance he'll be good.

IzzyFlexion
04-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Brock Robbins moving to tight end. This is pretty big news.

On the published roster, this only leaves redshirt freshman Zak Kuntz and sophomore Garrett Malstrom at fullback.

http://www.wday.com/sports/collegiate/4252510-tornado-tough-robbins-moving-tight-end

Mr Meaty
04-18-2017, 01:19 PM

On the published roster, this only leaves redshirt freshman Zak Kuntz and sophomore Garrett Malstrom at fullback.

http://www.wday.com/sports/collegiate/4252510-tornado-tough-robbins-moving-tight-end

I think Robbins is still in the mix at fullback as well. Just getting him ready for some TE to graduate after this year. Kid is an amazing athlete.

TAILG8R
04-18-2017, 03:45 PM
I think Robbins is still in the mix at fullback as well. Just getting him ready for some TE to graduate after this year. Kid is an amazing athlete.

I agree. I saw this as a way to turn him into the role left by Morlock. That backfield guy that can motion up to the line or swing out of the back field etc.

Professor Chaos
04-18-2017, 04:17 PM
I agree. I saw this as a way to turn him into the role left by Morlock. That backfield guy that can motion up to the line or swing out of the back field etc.
Yep. Although I think Robbins fits more into the Bonnet mold than the Morlock mold.

He needs to work on his beard and hair game though... and he probably doesn't have the tackler hurdle move mastered yet.

Mr Meaty
04-18-2017, 06:00 PM
Is there a place to find out what is all on the Showcase stuff for Friday night?

bisonfanette
04-19-2017, 02:04 AM
Is there a place to find out what is all on the Showcase stuff for Friday night?

Yes - ND State Bison fb page - has a FEW of the items.

(Hand over your ck bk & I'll be happy to buy you something.... golf perhaps with the COACH!)

56BISON73
04-19-2017, 02:40 AM
There is a National Championship Football signed by all of the players from the 2011-2012 team. It belonged to a 6 year old boy who passed away from leukemia. All proceeds are going to a the NDSU Scholarships Fund and we are going to make the little kid an honorary TM as he was a huge Bison fan..

If anyone wold like the complete story I will be at the show case.

Bison bison
04-19-2017, 02:57 AM
Something in my eye...

56BISON73
04-19-2017, 03:44 AM
Here is the complete story----

Which is in an Email to Troy on the history of the ball.

There is a gentleman who has visited our tailgate on occasion for the last 6-8 years. A couple of years ago he shows up and gives us this football for being so nice to him over the years. We ask why doesnt he want the ball and he tells us it used to belong to his grandson who was a huge Bison fan.. At that time he tells us this story---he and his grandson were at a Bison FB game where Dean B was throwing those little footballs in the stands and his grandson REALLY wanted one. Unfortunately he didnt get one and he was very disappointed . So grand father tells him not to worry he will get him a football but it will be a better one. According to his grand father that football was his pride and joy. Sadly sometime after receiving the ball he was diagnosed with leukemia and eventually passed away. His name was Lennon McAllister, 6 years old.

Of course we didnt know what to do with the ball because you cant divide it between 30 people. It took me over a year to figure out what to do with it. Our group---The Original Horny Bison Tailgate Group would like all of the money raised at auction to go to Team Makers in his name and in doing so would like Lennon to be named an Honorary Team maker.

So to all who will be at the showcase help us to make Lennon a Team Maker.

HerdBot
04-19-2017, 11:31 AM

I would imagine he will be doing a ton of shifting and motion between the 2 positions like Andrew Bonnet did.The versatility is pretty awesome when we can change formations with the same player and get him matched up with a slow linebacker

Brock is a really athletic guy. In high school he played running back. I think he is athletic enough to get an occasional carry at FB.

Plus Malstrom looks like the guy you don't want to pick a bar fight with. 6-0, 250 Minnesota state champion heavyweight wrestler who played oline in high school. Played unexpectedly last year when we had a ton of injuries and looked OK. And Kuntz is now in the mix and from what I hear is he has the potential to be the best out of the group. Pretty good trio of dudes

bison_by_blood
04-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Noticed three new names on the roster, Jake Sanders, Nolan Love and Jonah Zimmerman. Don't remember adding on walk ons in the spring before. Any of these guys legit or just needed bodies for practice?

HerdBot
04-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Some Bison talk with coach Conor Riley on the insiders from yesterday Also some spring ball talk at the start of the show with Gene Taylor mixed in between.
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-18-2017-full-show

Keith Brake had an interview with Jeff Illies yesterday on his show
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-tuesday-april-18th-full-show

HerdBot
04-19-2017, 03:17 PM
Noticed three new names on the roster, Jake Sanders, Nolan Love and Jonah Zimmerman. Don't remember adding on walk ons in the spring before. Any of these guys legit or just needed bodies for practice?

Can't find much. Jake Sanders played LB in the Badlands Bowl and played football and wrestling so obviously a solid athlete. Jonah Zimmerman from Hazen played in the Shrine Bowl and also played basketball. All state 1A on defense. Track and field. Good size 6-2, 240. Nolan Love looks to be a long snapper. I wouldn't expect much but we have a knack for finding some hidden gems.

HerdBot
04-19-2017, 06:46 PM
Good football show today

FULL SHOW - THE INSIDERS - WEDNESDAY 4/19
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-19-2017-full-show

"Full show. Guests include Christian Dudzik and Head Coach Chris Klieman."

Bison Head Coach Chris Klieman 4 - 19 - 17
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/bison-head-coach-chris-klieman-4-19-17

Bison Great Christian Dudzik 4 - 19 - 17
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/bison-great-christian-dudzik-4-19-17

CAS4127
04-20-2017, 01:38 AM
Any talk/news on RBs? Would really like to see one distance their self from the pack to the point that he would have to be featured.

Also, from watching Montana State several times last year both on TV and live, out new OC knows how to set up and run QB draws with the best of them IMO. Of course, BSC Ds, but still. Has Easton put on any weight btw?

Christopher Moen
04-20-2017, 02:03 AM
Any talk/news on RBs? Would really like to see one distance their self from the pack to the point that he would have to be featured.

Also, from watching Montana State several times last year both on TV and live, out new OC knows how to set up and run QB draws with the best of them IMO. Of course, BSC Ds, but still. Has Easton put on any weight btw?

With our O-Linemen, I'd rather see him put on some height. At 6'2" he looks small back there in the pocket.

CAS4127
04-20-2017, 02:08 AM
With our O-Linemen, I'd rather see him put on some height. At 6'2" he looks small back there in the pocket.

One can't "put on height". And Brock did just fine at the same height roughly. CW had more batted balls than either ES or BJ, at 6' 5" no less.

El_Chapo
04-20-2017, 02:48 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;1205924]Any talk/news on RBs? Would really like to see one distance their self from the pack to the point that he would have to be featured.

^^^^^^^^^^^^NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! its so dam predictable.. it embarrassing... first couple years it was cool, not anymore when polasak ran it into the ground.

1993bison
04-20-2017, 03:09 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Security-Increase-Elevator-Insoles-Support/dp/B0196058AQ

Christopher Moen
04-20-2017, 05:31 AM

Reminds me of prowrestling school. Those guys could add about four inches easily with their wrestling boots. The soles are thick on the outside and guys about my height used 2-3 inch lifts on the inside.

When drilling with "The Prototype" (John Cena) I didn't realize how short (a little bit taller than my 5'11ish) he was until I saw him walk by me in his tennis shoes one day before practice. In the ring, he towered over me quite a bit, but walked with a funny gait because of the lifts.

Christopher Moen
04-20-2017, 05:43 AM
One can't "put on height". And Brock did just fine at the same height roughly. CW had more batted balls than either ES or BJ, at 6' 5" no less.

That I'm aware of. However, I do think his height compared to his O-Lineman might be the cause of why he isn't hitting his open Tight Ends over the middle. I'm not saying it happens a lot, but I can't figure out how else he bypasses them and throws to a covered WR further down the field on the same side.

It's easy for us fans to see everything happening on the field on T.V. or just being a few rows up in the stands, but until one has experienced the game from the playing field (which you definitely have), the ability to see is difficult.

wagsabison
04-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Spring roster has Easton at 222 lbs.

Scooter1
04-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Extense....no wait...that's length...nevermind.:facepalm:

tony
04-20-2017, 06:24 PM

Hahahahaha! I followed that link and now I'm getting targeted ads for that kind of thing on all sorts of websites.

HerdBot
04-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Matt Entz was on the Insiders today

FULL SHOW - THE INSIDERS - THURSDAY 4/20
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-20-2017-full-show

Bison Defensive Coordinator Matt Entz 4 - 20 - 17
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/bison-defensive-coordinator-matt-entz-4-20-17

IzzyFlexion
04-20-2017, 11:32 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/33/ee/13/33ee13a5399620db4774bb3194e2c9ce.jpg

No_Skill
04-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Random info: "Miss North Dakota" was sitting with her in that scene.

IzzyFlexion
04-21-2017, 11:41 AM
Random info: "Miss North Dakota" was sitting with her in that scene.

Answer Guy was on Seinfeld ?!?!?!

wisco4
04-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Anyone see the new rings? Love that they have the Iowa score on them. Last summer I ran into a Hawkeye fan at a restaurant, I mentioned them playing NDSU in the upcoming season. He laughed and said good luck with that. I hope to run into him again.

Mr Meaty
04-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Anyone see the new rings? Love that they have the Iowa score on them. Last summer I ran into a Hawkeye fan at a restaurant, I mentioned them playing NDSU in the upcoming season. He laughed and said good luck with that. I hope to run into him again.

I ran into a Hawkeye fan in Az couple weeks ago and he saw my Bison hat. Said it was not a great day for him. Lol

Answer Guy
04-21-2017, 07:27 PM
Answer Guy was on Seinfeld ?!?!?!

Got to meet Mulva.

Rixen
04-21-2017, 09:45 PM
According to Kolpack's Forum article we won't see Adam Cofield as he is out with a sprained ankle. That is too bad as that was one of the players I was most excited to see. RJ (hip) and Messner (knee) are also being held out but I think we were all ok with RJ sitting regardless of health.

bisoningrandforks
04-21-2017, 09:59 PM
where can I watch the game?

mtoutfitter
04-21-2017, 10:05 PM

The Dome.....

Christopher Moen
04-21-2017, 10:45 PM

According to GoBison.com, it will be available on NDSU All Access.

Tony Almeida
04-21-2017, 10:48 PM
where can I watch the game?The game is at 1:00 but it's airing at 5:00 on Kvly according to Midco's channel lineup on my DVR...I'm assuming the hockey game is the priority. I hope Midco has this right, sometimes they get all screwy with their lineups and I end up missing certain events I want to watch.

Bison20
04-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Direct tv has it on NBC at both 1230 and 5

1998braves64
04-22-2017, 12:04 AM
Didn't last year they had it on NBC and puckheads went berserk?? Wild are slated to run on nbc tomorrow at 2pm.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
04-22-2017, 12:09 AM
some good talk on the insiders today

FULL SHOW - THE INSIDERS - FRIDAY 4/21
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-21-2017-full-show

Bison Head Coach Chris Klieman 4 - 21 - 17
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/bison-head-coach-chris-klieman-4-21-17

Bison D Tackles Coach Nick Goeser 4 - 21 - 17
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/bison-d-tackles-coach-nick-goeser-4-21-17

BisonTru
04-22-2017, 02:13 AM
Didn't last year they had it on NBC and puckheads went berserk?? Wild are slated to run on nbc tomorrow at 2pm.

Who are the wild? :bunnyb:

El_Chapo
04-22-2017, 03:19 AM

Yes last few years.. its been my favorite part of the ndsu spring game, longhorn, endzone and have a blast trollin the hockey idiots.

hope NDSU goes slow and the spring game goes long into 2pm to watch their stupid wild game not start on time, that would be awesome.

and if valley news live goes away from ndsu game, I cant wait to call Pro Seed, Petroserve, Sanford and Scheels on Monday!!

DIBISON
04-22-2017, 05:03 AM
Live TV coverage begins at 12:30 pm on the statewide NBC network and goes until 2 pm.

56BISON73
04-22-2017, 05:05 AM
Lot opens at 9am.

Rock
04-22-2017, 07:38 AM

Not easy at any level to make it past the 1st round...

MNLonghorn10
04-22-2017, 01:21 PM

wait..so now ND is a hockey state??

ByeSonBusiness
04-22-2017, 01:52 PM
They're still having a ring ceremony... it will just be a MVFC championship ring ceremony rather than a national championship ring ceremony. Not quite the same in terms of prestige but still worth a little celebration.

.... they are giving out rings for being conference co-champs? Oh dear

A1pigskin
04-23-2017, 03:23 PM

Any pics of that ring?

Bison"FANatic"
04-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Conference Champs have always got rings but I am sure you knew that when you crawled out of under your bridge to troll some more. I do believe Teammakers pays for them for all sports.

HerdBot
04-23-2017, 04:42 PM

Well all the power 5 conferences do it and it goes on our banner too. Not as proud as a Natty but still a good feat

IzzyFlexion
04-23-2017, 06:39 PM

So......."they" (Notre Dame) give out helmets with real gold flakes to their players because they don't belong to any conference?

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/1011/20/Gold-Notre-Dame-Football-Helmets-2.jpg

southcliffbison
04-24-2017, 11:01 AM

Hey, dipshit, what's it to you? Go back to your SS site and jack off......

Farmer63
04-24-2017, 04:21 PM

If you think winning the Missouri Valley Championship doesn't deserve a ring, you have no clue.

ByeSonBusiness
04-24-2017, 04:37 PM
Conference Champs have always got rings but I am sure you knew that when you crawled out of under your bridge to troll some more. I do believe Teammakers pays for them for all sports.

Then its a waste for them too. You gonna get after scottietohottie for sharing the same opinion as i do on this?

So......."they" (Notre Dame) give out helmets with real gold flakes to their players because they don't belong to any conference?

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/1011/20/Gold-Notre-Dame-Football-Helmets-2.jpg

That's a dope tradition.

Hey, dipshit, what's it to you? Go back to your SS site and jack off......

A waste of money.

If you think winning the Missouri Valley Championship doesn't deserve a ring, you have no clue.

Only 20% of the teams can say they did last year.

Bison"FANatic"
04-24-2017, 05:18 PM
Then its a waste for them too. You gonna get after scottietohottie for sharing the same opinion as i do on this?

Naa I like Scottie, He acts like a Adult on here and not a spoiled 11 year old internet troll.

NodakNate
04-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Anyone have a link to the video for the full spring game?

Bison20
04-24-2017, 09:28 PM
Anyone have a link to the video for the full spring game?

Try under the green gold game day thread

HerdBot
04-25-2017, 12:54 AM
Good show. Phil Hansen and Coach Klieman.

FULL SHOW - THE INSIDERS - MONDAY 4/24
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-april-24-2017-full-show

mtoutfitter
04-25-2017, 02:21 AM
Yep, good show. Sure sounded like Phil Hansen liked what he saw at the spring game.

thebigund
04-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Naa I like Scottie, He acts like a Adult on here and not a spoiled 11 year old internet troll.

Now that is rich.

southcliffbison
04-26-2017, 02:32 PM
Now that is rich.

Yo, Underwear, you have 2400 plus posts on BV and you don't like someone who posts here ?.........hmmmmmm

HerdBot
04-27-2017, 12:18 AM
the brakedown had QB coach Randy Hedberg on it today...

Randy Hedberg https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/ndsu-quarterbacks-coach-randy-hedberg-on-the-brakedown-wednesday-april-26th

or listen to the full show https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-wednesday-april-26th-full-show

BisonNeil
04-27-2017, 02:30 AM

Randy Hedberg https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/ndsu-quarterbacks-coach-randy-hedberg-on-the-brakedown-wednesday-april-26th

or listen to the full show https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-wednesday-april-26th-full-show

Seriously? He talked about something other than who the MVC is going to invite to replace Witchita St? I listened to the same shit 4 of 7 days so finally turned him off. Haven't been back and don't plan to. Way too much repative BS.

HerdBot
04-27-2017, 03:23 AM
Seriously? He talked about something other than who the MVC is going to invite to replace Witchita St? I listened to the same shit 4 of 7 days so finally turned him off. Haven't been back and don't plan to. Way too much repative BS.

Considering football and basketball season is done and the MVC realignment could potentially mean the end of our conference, I hope he keeps talking about it because we may be in search of like 5 teams soon.

Scenario. Omaha leaves to the MVC. The horizon or OVC poaches ipfw and iupui to replace valpo/murray. Suddenly we're at 7 teams. Now Oru is on an island and says F this and goes back to the Southland. Denver is already shopping themselves and will be on a bigger island. Suddenly were at 5 and don't have enough teams to be eligible for auto bids for tournaments in many sports. Actually since UND is new they may not even count so we would need an override. I say it's a huge deal

Yeah it's a little repetitive at times. He's milked it too much but it's important stuff and I hope he does some shorter updates until the conference implodes.

I actually like his show. Wish there was more Twins talk since its the only Minnesota sport going on. Dead time of the year unless you want rehashed national talk. You must have missed Ross Uglem talking recruiting this week and tons of football talk pretty much all month.

1993bison
04-27-2017, 12:46 PM
Change channel?

GOBISON123
04-28-2017, 12:41 PM

I suggest a dual QB system , similar to K-State in 2013. Jake Waters and Daniel Sims, Daniel Sims was a running QB and Henry Van Dalen can be the throwing QB....just a thought.

Mr Meaty
04-28-2017, 12:50 PM
i suggest a dual qb system , similar to k-state in 2013. Jake waters and daniel sims, daniel sims was a running qb and henry van dalen can be the throwing qb....just a thought.

noooooooooooooooooooooo

Bisonator98
04-28-2017, 12:54 PM
I suggest a dual QB system , similar to K-State in 2013. Jake Waters and Daniel Sims, Daniel Sims was a running QB and Henry Van Dalen can be the throwing QB....just a thought.

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.11955977.3865/sticker,375x360.png

yopaulie
04-28-2017, 01:04 PM

Because it also worked so well at UNI...

GOBISON123
04-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Because it also worked so well at UNI...

Good point forgot about that.

wagsabison
04-28-2017, 03:15 PM

Seems like there is a reason that has never actually worked that well. Maybe some isolated cases.

Bison"FANatic"
04-28-2017, 03:29 PM

Now I know your a UN_ fan.

IzzyFlexion
04-28-2017, 03:44 PM

Yeah...............Cuz 121/27 over the past 11 seasons just isn't cutting it.

Bison Loaf
04-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Yeah...............Cuz 121/27 over the past 11 seasons just isn't cutting it.

Yeah but, YOU don't watch film like he does!

(Football film, that is. :biggrin:)

HerdBot
04-28-2017, 04:38 PM

Sams was an effective change of pace QB but since we already have a QB who is a running threat and we have seen no proof that Van Deln is a better passer other than a meaningless vanilla scrimmage, it seems counter productive to do that