PDA

View Full Version : FB Schedule

Gully
12-04-2005, 03:00 PM
I know we have a few games scheduled but has anyone heard any speculation on what other games might be added?

I suppose that may hinge on whether or not they find anyone to add to the Great West.

runtheoption
12-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Today's Sid Hartman Star Trib artice talks about the Gophers possibly needing 2 non-conference games next year it the Big Ten-MAC deal falls through. Could the Bison fill that or do the Goph's already have DIAA on their schedule next fall?

Gamehunter
12-04-2005, 06:28 PM
rumors of Concordia of St. Paul (home)

Northeastern (home)
Ball St. (away)
Stephen F. Austin (away)
SUU (away)
UC Davis (away)
SDSU (home)
Cal Poly (home)

So provided they are going to bring in a patsy for the opening game, we still have 3 games to fill.

Also, I have heard that the SIU game was a one shot deal. Kind of strange they would not want to make a return visit.

SDbison
12-04-2005, 06:51 PM
What is the problem with Northern Iowa and Montana? Montana should come here first. Is Montana State coming to Fargo in 2007, if not they need to come to Fargo next too? Also, why are we scheduling CSP? Why not Moorhead State then?

bincitysioux
12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
rumors of Concordia of St. Paul (home)

Northeastern (home)
Ball St. (away)
Stephen F. Austin (away)
SUU (away)
UC Davis (away)
SDSU (home)
Cal Poly (home)

So provided they are going to bring in a patsy for the opening game, we still have 3 games to fill.

Also, I have heard that the SIU game was a one shot deal. * *Kind of strange they would not want to make a return visit. *

How come SDSU comes to Fargo again?

Gamehunter
12-04-2005, 07:29 PM
They had to restructure the GWFC games with UNC leaving. We are also visiting SUU again.

Not sure why Concordia would be put on the schedule. 80-0 isn't going to prepare the guys for future games.

Gamehunter
12-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Today's Sid Hartman Star Trib artice talks about the Gophers possibly needing 2 non-conference games next year it the Big Ten-MAC deal falls through. Could the Bison fill that or do the Goph's already have DIAA on their schedule next fall?

Better question is do the Bison WANT to fill it? Probably not unless Gene is having a very hard time finding games.

kchats
12-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Concordia St. Paul is the patsy if they are on the schedule that would be plenty of division II teams. They weren't even close to competition a couple of years ago when they were something like 9-1 going into the game. They sucked and the Bison weren't as good then as they are now. That will be about all the patsies the Bison fans can take. If they want to keep attendance averages going up they can't play more than one game against a division II team.

Bisonguy
12-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Concordia St. Paul is the patsy if they are on the schedule that would be plenty of division II teams. *They weren't even close to competition a couple of years ago when they were something like 9-1 going into the game. *They sucked and the Bison weren't as good then as they are now. *That will be about all the patsies the Bison fans can take. *If they want to keep attendance averages going up they can't play more than one game against a division II team.

++

Tatanka
12-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Concordia St. Paul is the patsy if they are on the schedule that would be plenty of division II teams. *They weren't even close to competition a couple of years ago when they were something like 9-1 going into the game. *They sucked and the Bison weren't as good then as they are now. *That will be about all the patsies the Bison fans can take. *If they want to keep attendance averages going up they can't play more than one game against a division II team.
+ freaking +

JBB
12-04-2005, 10:12 PM
If we are going to do that why not that Bismarck school that just moved up? *At least theres some type of "natural" rivalry going there. *You would think somebody tough like Kingsville would step up. *that Montana Tech team would even be better. *Lets get USD up here. *They wanted to go DI. SCSU is doing the study, bring them in for a little research project.

BisBison
12-04-2005, 10:18 PM
My guess is that the Big Sky schedule isn't settled yet either, because of the addition of the 0&5 for the Great West Conference season bears of unc. They'll get that figured out and we'll probably get a couple non-conference games against Big Sky teams.

BisonBacker
12-05-2005, 05:16 AM
My guess is that the Big Sky schedule isn't settled yet either, because of the addition of the 0&5 for the Great West Conference season bears of unc. They'll get that figured out and we'll probably get a couple non-conference games against Big Sky teams.
That I would love to see. *Maybe we could get one of the west coast BSC patsies to come out and we could drill em for keeping us out of the BSC. *That would be nice payback. ;D

Gamehunter
12-05-2005, 05:46 AM
Concordia St. Paul is the patsy if they are on the schedule that would be plenty of division II teams. They weren't even close to competition a couple of years ago when they were something like 9-1 going into the game. They sucked and the Bison weren't as good then as they are now. That will be about all the patsies the Bison fans can take. If they want to keep attendance averages going up they can't play more than one game against a division II team.

When I was talking about a patsy, I meant Concordia of St. Paul in particular as the one and only.

Also, how about ISU? We have them on the schedule for basketball already....
I also doubt PSU or suc st. would visit Fargo.

IowaBison
12-05-2005, 02:21 PM
If we are going to do that why not that Bismarck school that just moved up? *At least theres some type of "natural" rivalry going there. *

I think a game with Mary would be fantastic.

1. *It would be a slap in the face of UND.

2. *There would be Marauder fans in attendance *($$, butts in seats, noise, more interest from western ND).

3. *It would be a gimme win.

4. *The guarantee would help a 'struggling team going through its transition' (I love the human interest angle). *

5. *The guarantee would finance a program that plays our old friend UND.

6. *It would be a slap in the face of UND.

JBB
12-05-2005, 03:16 PM
I think Concordia St. Paul lost to Mis. Western in the Mineral Water Bowl this weekend. Maybe we could set up an opening game against the Mineral Water Bowl winner? That would be better than playing the loser, but is Concordial St. Paul any worse than Augi usually was?

kchats
12-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Should be they have less scholarships. I don't think the NSIC lets them have more than 21.

Gamehunter
12-05-2005, 08:06 PM

1. It would be a slap in the face of UND.

2. There would be Marauder fans in attendance ($$, butts in seats, noise, more interest from western ND).

3. It would be a gimme win.

4. The guarantee would help a 'struggling team going through its transition' (I love the human interest angle).

5. The guarantee would finance a program that plays our old friend UND.

6. It would be a slap in the face of UND.

I don't think Mary is anywhere near capable of playing on the same field as NDSU at this point in their transition. It sounds like a good prospect, but the final result may make Moorhead St. look good in a bad way.

Flintstone
12-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Actually it would probably be closer to the MT. Tech game from last year. Mary was a top 25 team in NAIA as was MT. Tech. Either of those teams would probably have their way with Moorhead.

Bisonguy
12-05-2005, 09:02 PM
NDSU should be playing Division I schools because NDSU is a Division I school.

How many DIII or NAIA schools were on the schedule when NDSU was in DII?

Green-N-Gold
12-05-2005, 09:14 PM

1. *It would be a slap in the face of UND.

2. *There would be Marauder fans in attendance *($$, butts in seats, noise, more interest from western ND).

3. *It would be a gimme win.

4. *The guarantee would help a 'struggling team going through its transition' (I love the human interest angle). *

5. *The guarantee would finance a program that plays our old friend UND.

6. *It would be a slap in the face of UND.

A game with UND2's new peer institution? :o

BisonBryce
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
UND scheduled Mary? They are going to play them next year than? Isn't that a big enough slap for them. Why would you want to play another NAIA school, wasn't scheduling Tech last year enough?

I agree Grizzled. I have no desire to watch Mary. In fact it would not be a slap against und2, just added firepower for them to say we would stoop to their level.

WYOBISONMAN
12-05-2005, 09:58 PM
UND scheduled Mary? They are going to play them next year than? *Isn't that a big enough slap for them. *Why would you want to play another NAIA school, wasn't scheduling Tech last year enough?

I agree with our friend from Montana!

Bisonguy
12-05-2005, 10:00 PM
UND scheduled Mary? They are going to play them next year than? *Isn't that a big enough slap for them. *Why would you want to play another NAIA school, wasn't scheduling Tech last year enough?

Mary will be in their first year as a DII transitional school next year.

NDSU has no business scheduling them for football, or any other DII's for that matter.

GFBisonFan
12-05-2005, 10:08 PM
++

BisonBacker
12-05-2005, 10:10 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++

IowaBison
12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
keep giving yourself plusses guys.

And who's the Griz fan who's anti D-II (can you say Ft. Lewis and Central Washington)?

I'd rather not see the Bison play D-II teams either, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.

TransAmBison
12-05-2005, 10:39 PM
If they are going to play a d2 team, I think it should be a top ten team at least.

Gully
12-05-2005, 11:41 PM
There is nothing wrong with playing an ocassional DII school, especially when we're in transition and struggling to find games. We shouldn't do this every year once we are established, however.

I'd prefer it be a top 25 team and not a newcomer though. Also, we should not play UND. Why give them the exposure?

SDbison
12-06-2005, 12:26 AM
OK, we played a DII last year. So lets give it a year off. I do not care to see a DII opponent for the price of two tickets let alone the cost to drive 500 miles. There has to be some Eastern DI-AA team that we can bring to the Fargodome and kick their butts. As it is I am tired of the 50-7, 59-10, type blowouts that don't seem to do a thing to prepare the Bison for the tougher games that come later. Outside of the 2-8 and 9-2 seasons how many times have the Bison finished with three or four losses during the last ten years? I would rather see the Bison play Nebraska away than Concordia St Paul at home. At least we get the big payday, national exposure and the possibility of some DI-A respect. There is little or nothing to be gained from a game with Concordia St Paul.

Bisonfan1
12-06-2005, 12:58 AM
I hope Im not way off base here, but are not the Gophers playing us in 2007? Are we not playing Ball State in 2006? With that being said, 1 (one) game with a DII isnt so bad IF there are no DIAA teams available in any given season. I would hope that the team would be a top notch DII team and not some patsy DII. If DIA teams will schedule the Bison, whats wrong with a DII now and again IF needed, seems to be the trend of a higher division team playing one division down once in a while. An all DIAA schedule is what Id rather see of course, but if it meant only 5 home games compared to 6 with one DII I would rather have that, football season is too short.

Bisonguy
12-06-2005, 03:09 AM
I hope Im not way off base here, but are not the Gophers playing us in 2007? Are we not playing Ball State in 2006? With that being said, 1 (one) game with a DII isnt so bad IF there are no DIAA teams available in any given season. I would hope that the team would be a top notch DII team and not some patsy DII. If DIA teams will schedule the Bison, whats wrong with a DII now and again IF needed, seems to be the trend of a higher division team playing one division down once in a while. An all DIAA schedule is what Id rather see of course, but if it meant only 5 home games compared to 6 with one DII I would rather have that, football season is too short.

I agree with your IF.

BTW- Nice new signature. ;D ;D Do we really have to wait that long, or will there be a sneak peak before that?

Da_Bizon
12-06-2005, 03:13 AM
It seems to me that The NDSU and und2-dac 10 both have open dates on October 21st, 2006.

kchats
12-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Don't care we can find a better game.

BisonBacker
12-06-2005, 04:33 AM
Don't care we can find a better game.
Amen to that.+++++++++++++++

MinotBison
12-06-2005, 04:40 AM
Amen to that.+++++++++++++++

If they really want to play us, let them make the first move. They owe us a game anyway.

IH8daSioux
12-06-2005, 06:18 AM
CMON PEOPLE!!

PLENTY OF DIV 1 AA's out there or DIV 1 big time teams.

FLY to florida.... texas.. WHO CARES..

ANYONE BUT UND!!!! OK!!

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS!!

thank you. drive thru!! "und business student motto"

bisonmike
12-06-2005, 02:53 PM
I know i'm in the minority here but I say schedule the Sue. But only if we can't get a I-a or aa school on the docket and there would have to be big concessions on their part as far as ticket allocation and guarantee payout. Face it, we will not sell out the dome against any d-2 school excect the Sue. They will bring in money, it will bring back some excitement of a rivalry that we have been missing (even though I am very pleased with the progression of bison vs. jacks). The only downside is that we put our a$$ on the line playing them, cause if we lose, it would be a disaster, but if we win they would come back with a "you were supposed to anyway." I truly believe that as a fully funded DI-aa school, and with the great coaching staff that we have there is no reason to think that we shouldn't beat the Sue year after year as long as they remain a d2 team.

GFBisonFan
12-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Order of preference:
1. All D-IAA with one D-IA game a year
2. In the absence of I-AA games, schedule a strong (top ten) D-II team
3. UND is all else fails
4. NO weak D-II teams, NAIA, transition D-II EVER (keep the week open is need be)

BisonBacker
12-06-2005, 03:43 PM
I hope I never see a sue game on any schedule ever again. That bridge was burned a long time ago and the torch bearers were up north. Lets see, the guy with 2 first names. Their so called leader kup o jello. Rich no class Glass. Gene Roebuck or however you spell his name I really don't care. They all lambasted NDSU and gave us every reason in the book to never want to see them in Fargo ever again. I hope NDSU doesn't stoop down so low as to schedule them. Dam have people got short memories or what?

WYOBISONMAN
12-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Order of preference:
3. UND is all else fails
4. *NO weak D-II teams, NAIA, transition D-II EVER (keep the week open is need be)

We need to look at this logically rather than emotionally. There is now doubt that UND is a top 10 D2 team. If we want to play a D2 team, why risk a loss to a top 10. I think the reason we play a cupcake D2 is so we can adjust things prior to the start of the tough DI-AA and DI-A competition. I don't think we ought to schedule a top 10 D2 for that as there is risk of loosing. Now that we are thought of as one of the tougher DI-AA teams, a loss to a D2 would hurt us in the polls. Why risk it?

On the other hand, if we are going to play a top 10 D2, then it could just as well be UND. Give them a guarantee, make them play in Fargo (as we would any other D2), and hope like hell we don't get beat.....just like we would hope with any team from a lower division. The one thing a battle with UND would do is sell tickets. This thing would likely be a sellout and it would boost attendance much more than any other D2....that is the upside of this.

All in all the risks a loss would entail are too great to be playing top 10 D2s.

bisonmike
12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I hope I never see a sue game on any schedule ever again. *That bridge was burned a long time ago and the torch bearers were up north. *Lets see, the guy with 2 first names. *Their so called leader kup o jello. Rich no class Glass. *Gene Roebuck or however you spell his name I really don't care. *They all lambasted NDSU and gave us every reason in the book to never want to see them in Fargo ever again. *I hope NDSU doesn't stoop down so low as to schedule them. *Dam have people got short memories or what? *

Those are some of the reasons I would love to see NDSU throttle the Sue year after year. Wouldn't it be great to have them come to town and take 42-7 or a 35-3 butt whupping back to Grand Forks?

GFBisonFan
12-06-2005, 04:17 PM
We need to look at this logically rather than emotionally. *There is now doubt that UND is a top 10 D2 team. *If we want to play a D2 team, why risk a loss to a top 10. *I think the reason we play a cupcake D2 is so we can adjust things prior to the start of the tough DI-AA and DI-A competition. *I don't think we ought to schedule a top 10 D2 for that as there is risk of loosing. *Now that we are thought of as one of the tougher DI-AA teams, a loss to a D2 would hurt us in the polls. *Why risk it?

On the other hand, if we are going to play a top 10 D2, then it could just as well be UND. *Give them a guarantee, make them play in Fargo (as we would any other D2), and hope like hell we don't get beat.....just like we would hope with any team from a lower division. *The one thing a battle with UND would do is sell tickets. *This thing would likely be a sellout and it would boost attendance much more than any other D2....that is the upside of this. *

All in all the risks a loss would entail are too great to be playing top 10 D2s.

If that's the case, then why not schedule MSUM or Crookston-if a win ye be looking for. Isn't that the exact thinking that most fans give UND so much crap for?? If we have to have a DII(which I have no problem with), they may as well be good (bring on the competition!). I would put UND into this category, but I still am not over their blantant dissing of us as we were in transition. They want a piece of the pie as we are moving to bigger and better things.

IowaBison
12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Order of preference:
3. UND is all else fails
4. *NO weak D-II teams, NAIA, transition D-II EVER (keep the week open is need be)

In perfect world CarringtonBison, I'm all with you.

Hypothetically, if given the choice would you rather play

Mary or CSP?

IowaBison
12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Order of preference:
3. UND is all else fails

In a perfect world CarringtonBison, I'm all with you.

Hypothetically, if given the choice would you rather play

Mary or CSP?

WYOBISONMAN
12-06-2005, 04:26 PM
*I would put UND into this category, but I still am not over their blantant dissing of us as we were in transition. *They want a piece of the pie as we are moving to bigger and better things.

Like I said before.....we need to remove emotion from the discussion and look at it from an athletic business perspective.....if it is to be a top 10 D2, then it probably makes the most sense to bring on the Sioux. * I don't like those bastards either, but it would put arses in the seats.....read sellout. *If we happened to play the Sioux, Montana State and SDSU all in the same year, we would have record attendance.....

GFBisonFan
12-06-2005, 04:33 PM
If had to choose between the two: C-SP

The nice thing about the board is that we are in a perfect world and can imagine whatever scenario we want, but real life dictates we take games like MT Tech, C-SP etc. I am no dummy and can realize that.

IowaBison
12-06-2005, 04:39 PM
My thought is that we'll put as many as we want to onto either Mary or CSP and probably won't let them score.

Given that, I'd rather play Mary given my vindictive comments posted above.

Also, I'd never insinuate that someone affiliated with Foster County is a dummy.

GFBisonFan
12-06-2005, 04:46 PM
no offense was taken at all, just stating that as some people get WAY too worked up on these boards-like you are talking about their mothers or something.

There are really no right answers to the question, the administratrion will do what they feel is right for SU and it my job to support them and attend the game, no matter if it is Mary, MT, UND or Upper Iowa. I will be there yelling regardless. Fun to debate though :)

JBB
12-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Not undii. *

A DII is probably on the Docket because we do need a warmup game. * *We dont need 2 warmup games and we dont need to split the football audience. *That would be a bad business decision. *The sports fans in North Dakota are begining to realize there are 2 levels. *Lets not give the new fans any reason to jump ship, especially with a chip on their shoulder. *No game with undii please. *

Its just getting to the point now where we can enjoy ourselves without having those knuckleheads over here everyday. *Lets just sit back and watch them job the old NCC, their old buddies.

I would pick Mary. *CSP has already been here and didnt stand a chance. *They were the worst NSIC team ever in Fargo. *Winona wasnt bad, but lost to the worst BISON team in yrs. *If any of these schools would bring some fans with them maybe ok, but last time CSP didnt bring squat. *Pay them a nominal because they certainly wont add to the crowd, get an extra home game, give the team a chance to get ready for the regular season and lets GO BISON!

RedRiver
12-06-2005, 07:39 PM
We are wasting time talking about any game being scheduled with und until they are DI.

IH8daSioux
12-06-2005, 11:36 PM
CANT WE FIND ANY OTHER DIV AA's?

SCREW Division 2!!! SCREW DIVISON 2!!

you are just fueling the fire for ANYONE in DIV 2 to say "you are still scheduling us"

blah blah

I will NOT goto 2 a MARY or CSP game.. PERIOD

heck.. I wouldnt even goto a UND GAME!

I have been jaded NOW. by playing BIG SCHOOL and goin to WILLIAMS ARENA.. to COLORADO STATE.

to Kansas st... to Wisconsin!!

PEOPLE!!! WE ARE DIVISION 1!! ACT LIKE IT!!

thank you

SDbison
12-07-2005, 02:09 AM
CANT WE FIND ANY OTHER DIV AA's?

SCREW Division 2!!! SCREW DIVISON 2!!

you are just fueling the fire for ANYONE in DIV 2 to say "you are still scheduling us"

blah blah

I will NOT goto *2 a MARY or CSP game.. PERIOD

heck.. I wouldnt even goto a UND GAME!

I have been jaded NOW. by playing BIG SCHOOL and goin to WILLIAMS ARENA.. to COLORADO STATE.

to Kansas st... to Wisconsin!!

PEOPLE!!! WE ARE DIVISION 1!! ACT LIKE IT!!

thank you

For all you lovers of anything that Taylor or Bohl does the above post is refreshing and I have to agree with most of it. CSP WILL DO NOTHNG TO HELP NDSU PREPARE FOR SOME FUTURE POST SEASON. It never helped NDSU football in the past to schedule lower level teams. The more DI-AA teams now the more exposure we get until we are playoff elligible. It only hurts attendance and that alone is enough of a reason to not do it. Gee folks, how worked up can you get for the season opener when it is CSP. So we beat them 60-0, and end up with another 3 or 4 loss season because the team thinks it is so good. Nothing risked, nothing gained.

NDSUstudent
12-07-2005, 02:32 AM
For all you lovers of anything that Taylor or Bohl does the above post is refreshing and I have to agree with most of it. *CSP WILL DO NOTHNG TO HELP NDSU PREPARE FOR SOME FUTURE POST SEASON. *It never helped NDSU football in the past to schedule lower level teams. *The more DI-AA teams now the more exposure *we get until we are playoff elligible. *It only hurts attendance and that alone is enough of a reason to not do it. *Gee folks, how worked up can you get for the season opener when it is CSP. *So we beat them 60-0, and end up with another 3 or 4 loss season because the team thinks it is so good. *Nothing risked, nothing gained. *

I'm not a big fan of playing lower division teams either but it is going to be something that will probably happen every year because of many factors. With only 4 conference games scheduling has to be quite difficult and finding quality teams to play is probably even more difficult. Also many Bison fans want and expect 6 home games, the football season is too short to have less then six home games. I know the Great West is a amazing conference but I think it would really help out scheduling if we could get into the Gateway or Big Sky, especially for those who want to see an all IAA schedule.
Right now I think both Bohl and Taylor deserve a big pat on the back for the schedules they have put togather over the past few years.

IH8daSioux
12-07-2005, 02:32 AM
yes.. IF NDSU wants to be DIV 1... lets step it up!

id rather play good teams and get exposure from playing big schools!!

thanks sd bison

BisonBacker
12-07-2005, 03:18 AM
yes.. IF NDSU wants to be DIV 1... lets step it up!

id rather play good teams and get exposure from playing big schools!!

thanks sd bison
I agree with you guys as well. I posted in the Football Forum the same thing. I see no point in this game at all. Its just loading the barrel for the folks up North to slam us on for the coming year and rightfully so. We gave them Crap about scheduling Crookston. I see no difference here. Taylor and Bohl have done a good job but this certainly wasn't one of there better moments.

BISON_PRIDE
12-07-2005, 03:40 AM
This game will simply serve as a tune up for more difficult games. Even an established team like Montana has scheduled Central Washington in 2006, and Northern Iowa scheduled UM-Duluth this year. This seems like common practice for a early season game.

BisonBacker
12-07-2005, 03:55 AM
This game will simply serve as a tune up for more difficult games. *Even an established team like Montana has scheduled Central Washington in 2006, and Northern Iowa scheduled UM-Duluth this year. *This seems like common practice for a early season game.
This wouldn't even be considered a inner squad practice, if it was a real inner squad practice at least you'd be playing against players who were recruited for DI play. How long have these guys been DII? Its more like DIII and I'm not slamming these guys either. They are what they are not trying to take anything away from them. But I just don't see how you call this a tune up? Does anyone know how much we are paying them to come up to Fargo? I gotta believe this is costing us Big $$$$$$. If were going to spend that money lets get a team in the Dome to play that will draw in the Fans. This game isn't going to draw flies.

SDbison
12-07-2005, 04:07 AM
This game will simply serve as a tune up for more difficult games. *Even an established team like Montana has scheduled Central Washington in 2006, and Northern Iowa scheduled UM-Duluth this year. *This seems like common practice for a early season game.
So did those tune up games this year help NDSU run a better offense against Montana State, Cal Poly, Cal Davis and Southern Illinois?
The move to schedule CSP looks weak.
Attendance will suffer for the opener.
Enough said.
Also, I think we need to set our goals to be better than Montana and Northern Iowa so who cares what they do to weaken their schedule.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-07-2005, 04:11 AM
I hope that if at some point Bohl and Taylor decide to schedule a game against unD-II (please don't do it), that in light of all the Bison-bashing done by the folks up north, they don't get any guaranteed money out of the deal. I think NDSU would be stupid to subsidize their athletic department and allow them to leach off of SU now that we have moved on to bigger and better things.

Bisonguy
12-07-2005, 04:43 AM
This wouldn't even be considered a inner squad practice, if it was a real inner squad practice at least you'd be playing against players who were recruited for DI play. *How long have these guys been DII? *Its more like DIII and I'm not slamming these guys either. *They are what they are not trying to take anything away from them. *But I just don't see how you call this a tune up? *Does anyone know how much we are paying them to come up to Fargo? *I gotta believe this is costing us Big $$$$$$. If were going to spend that money lets get a team in the Dome to play that will draw in the Fans. *This game isn't going to draw flies.

NDSU is paying CSP $30k, which is almost half of what Arkansas Monticello was paid this year. CSP is also a lot better team than what UAM was- they went 9-2, with a couple wins over NCC teams. NDSU should win walking away, but it should be more competitive than what the UAM game was this year.

I would much rather prefer an exclusive DI schedule, but I go to the Fargodome to watch the Bison. They could be playing Fargo South for all I care, and I would still go- to watch the Bison.

SDbison
12-07-2005, 04:53 AM
NDSU is paying CSP $30k, which is almost half of what Arkansas Monticello was paid this year. CSP is also a lot better team than what UAM was- they went 9-2, with a couple wins over NCC teams. NDSU should win walking away, but it should be more competitive than what the UAM game was this year.

I would much rather prefer an *exclusive DI schedule, but I go to the Fargodome to watch the Bison. They could be playing Fargo South for all I care, and I would still go- to watch the Bison.
Fargo South Bisonguy? Please be serious. Without knowing exactly why CSP was scheduled nothing is for sure, but it is hard to see this as a good move for the fans or the team.
So, if Fargo South is OK how about Moorhead's Middle School?
I will throw this one in, the only DII school I want to see in the Fargodome is the turds to the North so we can kick the crap out of them.

BISON_PRIDE
12-07-2005, 05:06 AM
We will see the Sioux again in a few years, for one reason. $$$ That's what makes the world go around.

RedRiver
12-07-2005, 02:30 PM
The only way you'll see the sioux on the schedule is if they are DIAA.

WYOBISONMAN
12-07-2005, 03:22 PM
We will see the Sioux again in a few years, for one reason. *$$$ *That's what makes the world go around. *

I think you are right about that. *The bottom line is there could be more revenue generated from that D2 team than any other D2 in the nation. *And, I still say, if we are going to play a D2, we better be scheduling one that is a sure win because a loss to a D2 would really hurt out standings in the national polls. * There is no way we could say the Sioux would be a sure win.........

BisonBacker
12-07-2005, 04:08 PM
I still maintain that if they stay DII then I never want to see them in the Dome again. They made their bed let them lay in it.

Bison_Dan
12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
I still maintain that if they stay DII then I never want to see them in the Dome again. *They made their bed let them lay in it.

I agree 100% - Why help them out? *There fb program is at a crossroads right now. *I think what your seeing is something that I said would happen to und - the dii sports are slowly deteriorating in fan support and will continue to do so. *und's administration is running around in circles not knowing what to do. *Lets keep it that way!! * ;D ;D

JBB
12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Maybe last yrs warm up games didnt help us with our losses, but what about our wins? *After all we did beat 6 DI teams after the warmup.

Just like BisonGuy, Ill have a ticket no matter who we play, and yes that includes the middle school. * But,.....

There is only 1 DII that I wont go see, and I will question if I want to even buy a season ticket if part of my money is going to go to undii. *I will take the money and give it to the College of Business. *Yes the very college undii recently tried to close saying it belongs in GF and shouldnt be accredited at NDSU. *

Not only will the game cost NDSU in terms of fan support but it will reopen old fueds and give them publicity and political momentum they cant afford to buy. *Why pay for that? *We dont need them. *There are a lot of games that will draw a lot of fans.
If they come down for free, to repay the NCC game they owe us then I might go if there are no strings attached like a second game for a guarantee.

UND92
12-07-2005, 07:44 PM
I still maintain that if they stay DII then I never want to see them in the Dome again. They made their bed let them lay in it.
That is the smartest thing any bison fan has said on this thread. If I was a bison fan I wouldn't want to see UND in the dome anymore. UND has owned that building since it was built. Good observation Backer. Sorry, I know it's smack. Bison Backer get's the assist.

Tracker
12-07-2005, 08:24 PM
You guys are sure busy talking over the pros and cons of playing the Sioux again.I don't know why you are so worried about playing us again. Were sure not worried about that subject in Grand Forks. It really is quite comical since you " repeatedly" keep saying you never want to think about or talk about UND. You guys just can't get over us. Obiously your move to DI and DIAA isn't capturing your imagination like you say it does.

BisonBacker
12-07-2005, 08:32 PM
That is the smartest thing any bison fan has said on this thread. *If I was a bison fan I wouldn't want to see UND in the dome anymore. *UND has owned that building since it was built. *Good observation Backer. *Sorry, I know it's smack. *Bison Backer get's the assist.
No its just that it took so long after you left the last time for your stink to get out of the Dome that we don't need your garbage coming back in and smelling up the place again.

WYOBISONMAN
12-07-2005, 08:35 PM
No its just that it took so long after you left the last time for your stink to get out of the Dome that we don't need your garbage coming back in and smelling up the place again. *

Now this is really an enlightening dialog.......... ::)

Save it for the smack thread...........

BisonBacker
12-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Can't let garbage posts like that go unanswered!!!!!!!!!

JBB
12-07-2005, 09:16 PM
I think if you review the 2006 schedule thread at the dii site you will find ample talk of playing the BISON. The desperation shown by fans and admin up there to get back on the BISON schedule has gotten so rediculous that even the president didnt stop short of making a fool of himself trying to achieve just that end.

BisonBacker
12-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I will be anxious to see who Gene rounds out the rest of the schedule with. I dam well hope its better then the opener. I wonder if he's been in talks with UNI, I think that game would have great regional interest and draw in a great crowd. I don't know what the chances are but I would think both schools would be interested in that game being on the schedule.

Bisonguy
12-07-2005, 09:47 PM
You guys are sure busy talking over the pros and cons of playing the Sioux again.I don't know why you are so worried about playing us again. *Were sure not worried about that subject in Grand Forks. * It really is quite comical since you " repeatedly" keep saying you never want to think about or talk about UND. *You guys just can't get over us. *Obiously your move to DI and DIAA isn't capturing your imagination like you say it does.

You might not be personally, but the entire UND athletic admininstration has been crying over the lost revenue ever since NDSU moved to DI. ::)

Bisonguy
12-07-2005, 09:51 PM
I will be anxious to see who Gene rounds out the rest of the schedule with. *I dam well hope its better then the opener. *I wonder if he's been in talks with UNI, I think that game would have great regional interest and draw in a great crowd. *I don't know what the chances are but I would think both schools would be interested in that game being on the schedule. *

Settle down- Gene said CSP would be the only DII this year.

He's also in talks with Portland State, McNeese State, and Furman(you can watch them on ESPN2 this weekend in the I-AA semis), so I don't think we need to be concerned with the rest of the schedule being weak.

bincitysioux
12-07-2005, 10:05 PM
No its just that it took so long after you left the last time for your stink to get out of the Dome that we don't need your garbage coming back in and smelling up the place again. *

Actually, I think that odor comes from the Swine Research building.

BisonBacker
12-07-2005, 10:12 PM
It was hard to tell the difference between the two ;)

BISON_PRIDE
12-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Our schedule, with Furman, McNeese, and Portland on it, *could be considered one of the strongest in DIAA. *What will we complain about then? * ??? Furman might be the defending National Champions.

BisonBacker
12-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Our schedule, with Furman, McNeese, and Portland on it, *could be considered one of the strongest in DIAA. *What will we complain about then? * ??? *Furman might be the defending National Champions.
I will reserve judgement on the rest of the schedule until they get it posted. I would be happy to see those teams on it. If your excited about CSP great for you, I know many who are not and if someone is not in step with what you think they are wrong? Come on people if someone is critical of something it doesn't mean they are terrible but just voicing an opinion, you can disagree or not.

JBB
12-07-2005, 11:39 PM
over on AGS the Cal Davis fans are having a similar discussion. They dont seem too excited about old NCC schools, unknowns, getting into the GWFC. Same kind of complaints we have voiced here about scheduling DII teams. This game probably wont be the most dramatic on our schedule but it will be early, the weather should provide for a great tailgate and it should be fun watching the BISON open it up on offense and providing our rebuilt defense with a chance get a game under their belt. It will be fun, and its going to pay some bills too.

BISON_PRIDE
12-08-2005, 12:52 AM
I will reserve judgement on the rest of the schedule until they get it posted. *I would be happy to see those teams on it. *If your excited about CSP great for you, I know many who are not and if someone is not in step with what you think they are wrong? *Come on people if someone is critical of something it doesn't mean they are terrible but just voicing an opinion, you can disagree or not. *

For arguments sake, lets say we are playoff eligible in 2006. 9-2 we are in, 8-3 we are on the fence, 7-4 we are out. If we start the season 1-2, how many would come out for the rest of the games? This game doesn't look so bad then. It doesn't get me excited either, but it's reality and I accept it.

BISON_PRIDE
12-08-2005, 12:56 AM
Now this is really an enlightening dialog.......... ::)

Save it for the smack thread...........

Gotta cut em some slack since their team took November and December off this year. ;)

BisonBacker
12-08-2005, 02:00 AM
over on AGS the Cal Davis fans are having a similar discussion. *They dont seem too excited about old NCC schools, unknowns, getting into the GWFC. *Same kind of complaints we have voiced here about scheduling DII teams. *This game *probably wont be the most dramatic on our schedule but it will be early, the weather should provide for a great tailgate and it should be fun watching the BISON open it up on offense and providing our rebuilt defense with a chance get a game under their belt. *It will be fun, and its going to pay some bills too.
JBB its kind of funny that you mention that. It was mentioned on here in another thread that SCSU was exploring the move up and it was suggested by one poster that other NCC teams could move up and if not have their own conference add to the GWFC. That's making some bold assumptions that the other schools would accept them.

BisonBacker
12-08-2005, 02:01 AM
For arguments sake, lets say we are playoff eligible in 2006. *9-2 we are in, 8-3 we are on the fence, 7-4 we are out. *If we start the season 1-2, how many would come out for the rest of the games? *This game *doesn't look so bad then. *It doesn't get me excited either, but it's reality and I accept it.
Your forgetting one big thing in playoff selection. Strength of Schedule. Thats part of the reality of scheduling cupcakes.

BisonBacker
12-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Gotta cut em some slack since their team took November and December off this year. * ;)
Great Point ;)

JBB
12-08-2005, 02:24 AM
entry into the GWFC by former NCC schools is, as you say not a given. By the sounds of it the California schools would be against it. Without them the conference loses a lot of luster that a couple of DII teams in transition certainly wont replace.

For my money, if NDSU follows this fairly regular scheduling option, SCSU should stay DII and come to Fargo every now and then to open the season. They dont need a study to do that. Most of the time they would be better than CSP.

But hey, just think of the over/under on the CSP game! It has to be in the 50s or 60s.

swaghook
12-08-2005, 03:08 AM
I think the Cali schools would be ok with one more team from this area being in the GWFC but they would not want to have to make more trips then that if all the schools in question moved up and into the GWFC. The Dakota schools were willing to play in the GWFC when there was supposed to have been three Cali teams in the beginning.

sambini
12-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Be patient Gene TAYLOR WILL GET IT DONE, when will the countdown begin?

Gully
12-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Be patient Gene TAYLOR WILL GET IT DONE, when will the countdown begin?

How about a countdown to signing day?

BisonBacker
12-08-2005, 02:21 PM
How about a countdown to signing day?

I'm looking forward to that! I think were going to have a better team this year then last. Any word on how recruiting is going on south? I know we had people down there looking.