PDA

View Full Version : UNI goes to the Championship game

BisonBacker
12-10-2005, 04:35 AM
Just finished watching the UNI-Texas State Game. Man what a game. I can't believe the coach for Texas State with over a minute left and he has all his timeouts and he has the QB take a knee 4 times and then plays for overtime and loses, He deserved to lose after that.

SDbison
12-10-2005, 04:48 AM
I watched the game too and have to wonder why the Texas State coach passed up the chance to win in regulation. Ball on their 25, over a minute left, all time outs available and Texas State offense was moving on UNI all night. Run out the clock?

DIBISON
12-10-2005, 05:24 AM
It was neat to hear the announcers talk about former Bison coach Jim Wacker. Also, I noticed they had his name painted on the football field.

JBB
12-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Thats the name of TUs stadium. *I couldnt believe the 2 knees by Tx either. *They had a minute twenty on the clock. *He effectively gave up one possession, just like a turnover. *didnt play to win. *anybody remember Denny Green taking the knee against Atlanta?

What a game though. *Can the BISON play with those guys? *Are we there yet?

WYOBISONMAN
12-10-2005, 03:09 PM
I too could not believe it when the Tx. State coach decided to have his team take the knee with 1:20 to go. The fans were so upset they were booing! I bet that the decision to take the knee will be discussed for years in San Marcos.

BisonMav
12-10-2005, 04:51 PM
The knees reminded me of the Denny Green coaching philosophy in the 1998 NFC championship game against Atlanta. Backfired on Texas St too.

Rodentia
12-10-2005, 06:23 PM
The Vikings won two games this year (Green Bay and the Giants) where they went for the win, rather than playing for OT. Got to try to win in regulation unless the risk of giving the opponent a short field is too great.

kchats
12-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Chiefs and Bucs did the same thing. Chiefs went for the touchdown on the final play to beat the Raiders and the Bucs beat Washington on a 2 point play for the win. I agree go for the win expecially when you are at home and are an offensive team.

ndsubison
12-11-2005, 05:14 PM
The Vikings won two games this year (Green Bay and the Giants) where they went for the win, rather than playing for OT. *Got to try to win in regulation unless the risk of giving the opponent a short field is too great.

Please don't turn this thread into a vikings thing. Everybody who knows anything knows that the Steelers of Pittsburg are THE SHEEEEEIOT!!
Mean Joe Green
Franco Harris
Terry Bradshaw (yes, THAT Terry Bradshaw)

and don't ever forget Jack Lambert (#56, baby!)

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Everybody who knows anything knows that the Steelers of Pittsburg are THE SHEEEEEIOT!!
Mean Joe Green
Franco Harris
Terry Badshaw (yes, THAT Terry Badshaw)

What the hell are you talking about and what does it have to do with this thread?

Bisonguy
12-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Please don't turn this thread into a vikings thing. *Everybody who knows anything knows that the Steelers of Pittsburg are THE SHEEEEEIOT!!
Mean Joe Green
Franco Harris
Terry Bradshaw (yes, THAT Terry Bradshaw)

Lambert wore #58.

sambini
12-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Kurt Warner is a UNI alum. Go UNI WIN IT ALL.

Hippie_Stick
12-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Dudes, man, like, I saw the game too, you know, and, like, UNI WON that game, and, like, Texas State did not LOSE it, man.

Just like the weather, ref's, the crowd and injuries, man, "bad" coaching calls are, like, part of the game, dudes. *UNI outdid them in offense and, like, ran up and down the field, man. *They, like, "smoked" the TXSU d-backs, like, all night. *They DID the things that, like, TXSU didn't do to win, man.

Peace.

BisonMav
12-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Dudes, man, like, I saw the game too, you know, and, like, UNI WON that game, and, like, Texas State did not LOSE it, man.

Just like the weather, ref's, the crowd and injuries, man, "bad" coaching calls are, like, part of the game, dudes. *UNI outdid them in offense and, like, ran up and down the field, man. *They, like, "smoked" the TXSU d-backs, like, all night. *They DID the things that, like, TXSU didn't do to win, man.

Peace.

I haven't heard anybody talk like that since 1967, man!
Great INT in OT eh!