PDA

View Full Version : The Official... Thanks Tim Polasek thread

HerdBot
02-15-2017, 12:26 AM
Like another poster mentioned... he deserves his own thread.

Big thanks and a congrats to Coach Polasek. Dude embodies everything that Bison Football is about. Hard work, passion, and a blue collar toughness. He is one of my favorite coaches ever and will be missed.

El_Chapo
02-15-2017, 12:56 AM
from wisconsin lumberjack to big ten OL coach. was always fun to have a beer with. will miss coach P

BisonTru
02-15-2017, 01:17 AM
Agreed.

Polasek is still a young coach. He'll be an OC at the FBS level or a HC at the FCS level soon, IMO.

mtoutfitter
02-15-2017, 01:18 AM
Thanks Coach P....I always respected your passion for Bison Football.

1993bison
02-15-2017, 01:46 AM
Best of luck to him! I met him a couple times. Personable guy with passion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TwinCityBison
02-15-2017, 02:07 AM
Good Luck Coach P ! It has been a great ride !

EC8CH
02-15-2017, 02:55 AM
Coach P is a grinder. I'm happy to see him have continued success. His story is inspiring. Went from basically a walkon coaching position to where he is now by eating crumbs. He is the quintessential Bison success story.

HerdBot
02-15-2017, 03:00 AM
Coach P is a grinder. I'm happy to see him have continued success. His story is inspiring. Went from basically a walkon coaching position to where he is now by eating crumbs. He is the quintessential Bison success story.

Wasn't he like logging or something when Bohl called him?

barnwintersportsengelstad
02-15-2017, 03:24 AM
Congratulations to Coach Polasek, I admire good coaches, he did you well, will be missed. Wish him well.

Hammerhead
02-15-2017, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the memories! At least he won't have to lose to the Bison since the Big Ten is too chicken to play FCS teams anymore. LOL.

onbison09
02-15-2017, 04:08 AM
Wasn't he like logging or something when Bohl called him?
Yep. Sold his driver to get gas money to drive to Fargo immediately according to Kolpack's book. Slept in coach's office. Godspeed sir.

tjbison
02-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Yep. Sold his driver to get gas money to drive to Fargo immediately according to Kolpack's book. Slept in coach's office. Godspeed sir.

Exactly why people ragging on him sucks, peace out Coach P

THEsocalledfan
02-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Yep. While he made mistakes (who doesn't), he was an innovator on offense and master recruiter. Iowa will be well served.

Jay
02-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Good luck Coach! I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him be the next head ball coach here.

Bisonator98
02-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Wish Tim nothing but the best. His passion for the game cannot be denied!

sambini
02-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Good luck Tim ONCE A BISON ALWAYS A BISON

BisonCardinal
02-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Thanks HerdBot for starting this thread. The play action pass thread was a sorry goodbye thread.

Good luck Coach P.!

Bison1
02-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Hopefully for coach P this is more of a see you later than a goodbye! I think he will be back one day as the leader of the bison! He has a passion and enthusiasm for bison football that can't be denied, he's the definition of bison pride! Good luck coach P!

Once a bison always a bison!

HerdBot
02-15-2017, 02:46 PM

I don't think there is a more criticized job in the history of football and I'm sure he knows that. But either way he's a great coach. If Klieman ever leaves he would have to be on a short list of head coaching candidates unless our AD has rocks for brains.

bisonmike2
02-15-2017, 02:59 PM
I've criticized him alot but he does deserve credit for being able to come back here after all the turmoil of Bohl leaving and keep the train going for championships 4 and 5.

KilldeerBison
02-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Thanks Coach Polasek, good luck.

SDbison
02-15-2017, 04:06 PM
I have often been a critic of NDSU's offense, even before Polasek took over, but I do have respect for him. Prior to him leaving for Northern Illinois I knew Tim was a great motivator of the players (he got them fired up to play) and an excellent recruiter. His passion for NDSU football is unquestioned. I met him one night and talked to him for a while. You could see the energy that he puts into everything. When Tim came back and became OC I didn't think we would have some of the issues we did. Most of time things went great, and I think Tim would have made more adjustments to the offense next year if he was still at NDSU. He is young and will bring what he has learned to Iowa, and pick up some new approaches to the game from their staff. Good luck to Tim Polasek! Iowa knows NDSU is no fluke!

CyPanth
02-15-2017, 05:27 PM
Like another poster mentioned... he deserves his own thread.

Big thanks and a congrats to Coach Polasek. Dude embodies everything that Bison Football is about. Hard work, passion, and a blue collar toughness. He is one of my favorite coaches ever and will be missed.

Dude embodies everything that Bison Football is about. Hard work, passion, and a blue collar toughness. And getting to the state of Iowa as soon as he can! :biggrin:

CaBisonFan
02-15-2017, 06:51 PM
Good luck Tim...and thanks for the great work!

Jay
02-15-2017, 08:08 PM
Tim signed a one year deal worth $325K annually.

El_Chapo
02-15-2017, 08:16 PM

Yup, NDSU will be losing a lot of coaches if we don't go FBS! 2 down so far, not to mention Bohl and the 4 others in 2014!

tolnabison
02-15-2017, 08:54 PM

One year deal? Doesn't seem like much stability.

BadlandsBison
02-15-2017, 09:05 PM
One year deal? Doesn't seem like much stability.

I doubt that is uncommon for position coaches. Especially new guys.

tolnabison
02-15-2017, 09:52 PM
I doubt that is uncommon for position coaches. Especially new guys.

I'd beg to differ, most successful programs have minimal turnover. When they do it's usually an OC or DC leaving for a head coaching job. Or a position coach moving to a coordinator job.

Answer Guy
02-15-2017, 09:56 PM
Good luck Tim ONCE A BISON ALWAYS A BISON

But he was TWICE a Bison. Then what?

TXBison
02-16-2017, 12:16 AM
But he was TWICE a Bison. Then what?

Feels like this happened very quickly and Coach Klieman had a replacement ready quickly wonder if there is more to the story?

CAS4127
02-16-2017, 12:51 AM
Feels like this happened very quickly and Coach Klieman had a replacement ready quickly wonder if there is more to the story?

This deal was done before recruiting ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
02-16-2017, 01:29 AM

Obviously this move has been in progress for some time. I commend them for keeping it quiet.

TXBison
02-16-2017, 02:01 AM
Obviously this move has been in progress for some time. I commend them for keeping it quiet.

Intetesting I am not sure the kids he recruited nor their families feel very good about that, I hear he left without talking to his players and there are lots of hard feelings I don't think he will be back in Fargo.

56BISON73
02-16-2017, 02:22 AM
Intetesting I am not sure the kids he recruited nor their families feel very good about that, I hear he left without talking to his players and there are lots of hard feelings I don't think he will be back in Fargo.

Happens on many teams all over the country when a coach leaves. Havent heard any back room talk on how he left the situation. So I wont speculate on that.

Bisonator98
02-16-2017, 02:24 AM

You heard wrong.

Bisonator98
02-16-2017, 02:25 AM
Btw Tim is supposed to be on the Insiders tomorrow with Jeff and JJ.

TXBison
02-16-2017, 02:43 AM
You heard wrong.

Don't think so.

barnwintersportsengelstad
02-16-2017, 01:33 PM
Tim signed a one year deal worth $325K annually. Great for him, would of taken a lot of logs to get that.

scottietohottie
02-16-2017, 03:11 PM
You heard wrong.

Technically you herd wrong.

Bisonator98
02-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Technically you herd wrong.

Stupid auto correct...:)

cme2012
02-16-2017, 05:00 PM
I had one of the kids tell me "next coach up". They commit to the school, not the coach. Congrats to Coach P. Best of luck to him.

HerdBot
02-17-2017, 12:07 AM

Did you hear that from your cousin Pat's best friend who heard it from their house keeper who is a stripper and heard it from another stripper who heard it from a customer at her part time job at a Casey's?

TXBison
02-17-2017, 12:28 AM
Did you hear that from your cousin Pat's best friend who heard it from their house keeper who is a stripper and heard it from another stripper who heard it from a customer at her part time job at a Casey's?

Nope from 4 different current players but keep your head in the sand it's a nice look! Ask Klieman what he thinks he's pissed and if you know him at all he will tell you.

Christopher Moen
02-17-2017, 12:31 AM

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Stephen-Colbert-Go-On-Yes-Nod-On-The-Colbert-Report.gif

HerdBot
02-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Nope from 4 different current players but keep your head in the sand it's a nice look! Ask Klieman what he thinks he's pissed and if you know him at all he will tell you.

Klieman is a professional and he would never publicly answer that question.

TXBison
02-17-2017, 12:44 AM
Klieman is a professional and he would never publicly answer that question.

You are correct, but privately with the team he is not happy about how Tim left and I doubt you will ever see him back here in the sidelines.

56BISON73
02-17-2017, 06:52 AM
Happens on many teams all over the country when a coach leaves. Havent heard any back room talk on how he left the situation. So I wont speculate on that.

Update

The reason there is no backroom talk is because there isnt a story here. Everything was done above board and no bridges were burned. I will leave it at that.

TransAmBison
02-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Update

The reason there is no backroom talk is because there isnt a story here. Everything was done above board and no bridges were burned. I will leave it at that.In my mind, this makes perfect sense. This is the only way we made a hire so quickly...my guess is Polasek was up front about this with Klieman from the very beginning so he had time to find the replacement he wanted. This deal was in the works for a while is my guess...kept quiet to not disrupt recruiting. Polasek does not strike me as the kind of guy to burn bridges.

EC8CH
02-17-2017, 05:57 PM
In my mind, this makes perfect sense. This is the only way we made a hire so quickly...my guess is Polasek was up front about this with Klieman from the very beginning so he had time to find the replacement he wanted. This deal was in the works for a while is my guess...kept quiet to not disrupt recruiting. Polasek does not strike me as the kind of guy to burn bridges.

In his presser Messingham gave the impression that Klieman was in the loop regarding Polasek interviewing at Iowa. Him leaving under bad terms seems very unlikely to me.

GenX
02-17-2017, 09:06 PM
In his presser Messingham gave the impression that Klieman was in the loop regarding Polasek interviewing at Iowa. Him leaving under bad terms seems very unlikely to me.

Exactly right. To think otherwise or to insinuate otherwise is actually funny.

Bison03
02-17-2017, 09:07 PM
You don't lose a coach one day and hire his replacement the next day without knowing what's going on. Klieman can be pissed he is losing coach P and still happy for him at the same time.

HerdBot
02-17-2017, 09:54 PM
Update

The reason there is no backroom talk is because there isnt a story here. Everything was done above board and no bridges were burned. I will leave it at that.

I trust your sources. Polasek and Klieman are buddies. If I had to guess, maybe a few players were pissed which isn't out of the ordinary. That happens. Then the rumor mill grows to bridges were burned. The thing is... I doubt he would ever be back here anyways unless it's as a head coaching candidate.

Christopher Moen
02-17-2017, 10:00 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how Tim's career continues to grow at Iowa. Would love to see how him and the Brands brothers get along. Not sure if there is a room big enough to handle that much intensity.

When Terry was here at USAW, I was deathly afraid of pissing him off, despite being half my size.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cd/a3/84/cda384f2f462f79c8b8d3e4adc442a1e.jpg

BisonCardinal
02-17-2017, 10:10 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how Tim's career continues to grow at Iowa. Would love to see how him and the Brands brothers get along. Not sure if there is a room big enough to handle that much intensity.

When Terry was here at USAW, I was deathly afraid of pissing him off, despite being half my size.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cd/a3/84/cda384f2f462f79c8b8d3e4adc442a1e.jpg

I'll put my money on Tim P.. He's intense too and handy with an axe.

A1pigskin
02-19-2017, 01:12 PM
Congratulations Coach. Best of luck to you unless you are playing the Bison.