PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Football in the State of North Dakota :

JBB
11-30-2005, 06:12 AM
THE STATE OF NDSU FOOTBALL:

1) QB hurt, 2 good backups. Several good skill players expected back after injury.

2) Great backfield

3) Solid Oline

4) Great LBackers rest of D rebuilding. Confident resources are there

5) Avg just under 15,000

6) Schedule incomplete but Ball State is the headliner so far. Big Road Game.

7) Right now recruiting is key

sambini
12-02-2005, 02:43 AM
I heard GUS had a good trip to MISS. HOPEFULLY GET SOME DLINE HELP.

JBB
12-02-2005, 06:11 PM
We have been concentrating on the D line for a coule of yrs now. Are we too heavily dependent on Jucos to build some real depth so we have a nice group of experienced players yr in and yr out?

kchats
12-02-2005, 06:36 PM
I think the problem is it is hard to find a high school kid with size and ability that can make the same contribution as a redshirt freshman as a JUCO guy can. NDSU has had great success signing defensive linemen that end up being great players for the Bison. They may have some good recruits from last year but they may be a year or two out from being at the same level as a JUCO player.

sambini
12-03-2005, 03:58 AM
++++

Gamehunter
12-20-2005, 03:54 AM
I just found this thread.....in the smack forum?

anyway, I think the recruting staff is having a harder time recruiting the faster/bigger D-Lineman needed so they are turning to JUCO's. O-Line seems to be a dime a dozen, but D-Line arguably needs a little more speed to compete in DI.

Hopefully they can sign a few quality ends/tackles out of highschool for future depth along with a few JUCO's to take care of the immediate needs next year.

JBB
12-20-2005, 02:22 PM
With Tyler Rehault and Travis White coming back from injury and Walker trying to come back for next season it becomes a question of recovery. Will they come back as good/strong as they were? I thought we really missed White last season and if Walker doesnt start we are going to be inexperienced at QB. I think those things are Big ?s too.

Flintstone
12-20-2005, 02:26 PM
You meant Tyler Roehl, right? ;)

imported_admin
12-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Well, this is a first time I've moved a thread out of smack forum to the football forum :)

WYOBISONMAN
12-20-2005, 03:24 PM
I would echo JBB's opening statement.....life is good in Bisonland and I am sure that Bohl has some solid plans on filling any gaps left by injury or graduation...

JBB
12-20-2005, 03:34 PM
You meant Tyler Roehl, right? ;)

Yes, I do, Rehault is pronounced the same. They are an old West Fargo Family that owns the Dans Oil Franchise. Sorry about the mixup, I was going with what was familar to me. :)

Flintstone
12-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Yes, I do, Rehault is pronounced the same. *They are an old West Fargo Family that owns the Dans Oil Franchise. *Sorry about the mixup, I was going with what was familar to me. *:)

I know you knew who you were talking about. I was just giving ya some crap.

JBB
12-20-2005, 05:08 PM
+++

eflieth
12-20-2005, 05:17 PM
i say we keep with the juco route when it comes to the D-line, its worked so i say keep at it. i played d-line in juco and its a hard postition to learn with the technique and everything, its tough for a high school kid, and it seems that the ones that got it down in high school will be going to a D1A school, so i think the juco way is good, this way they got some good footing on the postition. overall i'm excited for next year we have alot of good players to build around plus with our coaching staff i'm not worried right now. Go Bison!!

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-20-2005, 06:27 PM
I agree that as long as we can continue to bring in quality d-linemen from jucos it will probably be easiest to do so, but it would be really nice to get a couple high school kids in every now and then so we aren't continually scrambling for talent on the d-line.

Big_BisonFan
12-20-2005, 11:44 PM
I think we should continue to recruit JUCO D-Line, but also I think we have a couple of high school recruits on the roster that are good D-Line as well. ex: Frick, Radtke, Lardinois, Fairbairn, Fowler. Not to say they can do it alone, but there should be a good blend. Because Ware, Summerville, Robinson, Lavant, were all productive to the Bison and I hope Jackson follows the same path.