PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Verbal: Michael Tutsie

Jay
02-01-2017, 12:56 AM
S | 6'0" 195 | Indianapolis, Indiana

Offers: SDSU, Air Force, Eastern Illinois, Indiana State, NDSU

http://www.scout.com/player/205254-michael-tutsie

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3146326/57bee4723bd8146d704e1778

Huge, huge pickup. Welcome to BisoNation Michael! All-state safety and all-state sprinter.

tjbison
02-01-2017, 01:00 AM
Nice, great day tomorrow

Vet70
02-01-2017, 01:00 AM
Welcome, Michael. This is a great commit for NDSU.

Mr Meaty
02-01-2017, 01:03 AM
Welcome Michael. This is Christmas Eve and tomorrow we get to look at all our presents.

Bison20
02-01-2017, 01:15 AM
Welcome kid looks like heagle with his tackling ability.

HerdBot
02-01-2017, 01:22 AM
From Jeff Culhane of Bison 1660

@mtutsie_9 will join us on @Bison1660 tomorrow as well talking about his commitment to @NDSUfootball

phxbison
02-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Welcome Michael ! You made a great decision !

IndyBison
02-01-2017, 01:48 AM
Great pickup for the Bison. Great player for a great team. If you watch him Hudl video I worked one of their games. The game where the are in all gold uniforms playing a team with green pants was a game I worked. I'm the umpire behind the linebackers. We had a near skirmish before the game. He was the defensive captain and helped me keep his team under control. Lots of D1 kids on his team and in this conference. Sheldon Day just graduated from Notre Dame. Shakir Bell from Indiana State. Darren Evans who played at Virginia Tech. Jeff George from days gone by. Jason Whitlock of ESPN fame. All grads of Warren Central.

Christopher Moen
02-01-2017, 02:04 AM
Great pickup for the Bison. Great player for a great team. If you watch him Hudl video I worked one of their games. The game where the are in all gold uniforms playing a team with green pants was a game I worked. I'm the umpire behind the linebackers. We had a near skirmish before the game. He was the defensive captain and helped me keep his team under control. Lots of D1 kids on his team and in this conference. Sheldon Day just graduated from Notre Dame. Shakir Bell from Indiana State. Darren Evans who played at Virginia Tech. Jeff George from days gone by. Jason Whitlock of ESPN fame. All grads of Warren Central.

I've mention this before to you, but that school is impressive, especially the trophy case.

jarhead
02-01-2017, 02:14 AM
I was sweating this one! Welcome Michael.

IndyBison
02-01-2017, 02:19 AM
I've mention this before to you, but that school is impressive, especially the trophy case.
Yes it is. It's very large (about 3600 students). Their basketball team is doing well this year and they usually have done good wrestlers. They are loaded with athletes. It's not unusual for the football team to have 10-12 D1 commits. Brianna Jones from the women's basketball team also went to Warren Central.

Tony Almeida
02-01-2017, 06:49 AM
From his highlights, kid looks like P5 material...very impressive.

Prime Power
02-01-2017, 01:30 PM
He is going to be a beast.

1993bison
02-02-2017, 01:52 PM
From his highlights, kid looks like P5 material...very impressive.
Which makes me wonder why no MAC, G5 or P5 offers?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Vet70
02-02-2017, 02:41 PM

He did have an offer from Air Force. Maybe other teams just missed him. According to Bisonation DeLuca's only FBS offer was from Ohio and he is certainly capable of playing for a number of FBS teams.

Mr. Burgundy
02-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Coaches son. Sprint champ. 1st team all state kid playing for a top 20 ranked team in the nation. Powerhouse program. Really impressive film. Nice flip to end recruiting by the staff. Kid will play next season. He has really been coached well.

IndyBison
02-02-2017, 04:07 PM

Good question. He plays on one of the best teams in one of the better conferences in the Midwest although he just transferred there this year. He previously played for another school in the same coherence previously so maybe he was lost in that shuffle. I don't believe there were any Warren kids who got FBS offers this year. Recruiting is an inexact science.

ZHerd
02-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Coaches son. Sprint champ. 1st team all state kid playing for a top 20 ranked team in the nation. Powerhouse program. Really impressive film. Nice flip to end recruiting by the staff. Kid will play next season. He has really been coached well.

Any opinions/ideas as to others in this class that you could see play next year?

Mr. Burgundy
02-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Any opinions/ideas as to others in this class that you could see play next year?

not an arrogant opinion, but last year we redshirted every single kid, in what has been thought of as a great class. It is going to be hard to play immediately. I think it is Tutsie and only him at this point, but everyone will have the opportunity.

Our young O line is absolutely filthy deep. Crazy how they have gained weight, and not lost athleticism. Going to be a fun bunch. I hope they all redshirt.

siouxfan512
02-02-2017, 05:01 PM
not an arrogant opinion, but last year we redshirted every single kid, in what has been thought of as a great class. It is going to be hard to play immediately. I think it is Tutsie and only him at this point, but everyone will have the opportunity.

Our young O line is absolutely filthy deep. Crazy how they have gained weight, and not lost athleticism. Going to be a fun bunch. I hope they all redshirt.

They have probably been driving up to Grand Forks to hit the weight room with our boys! :biggrin: :rofl:

TransAmBison
02-02-2017, 05:22 PM
They have probably been driving up to Grand Forks to hit the weight room with our boys! :biggrin: :rofl:So that's the reason UND handed their first potential FCS playoff win over to the Spiders...they wanted more time in the weight room. That's a bold strategy Cotton.

siouxfan512
02-02-2017, 05:35 PM
So that's the reason UND handed their first potential FCS playoff win over to the Spiders...they wanted more time in the weight room. That's a bold strategy Cotton.

Haha, exactly. It was all about preparing for the next season! Looks like that might be our hockey teams philosophy this season too.

IndyBison
02-02-2017, 05:41 PM
I did some checking for all state teams. The state coaches association (IFCA) does a top 50 for all positions, all classes. Mr. Football is selected from this group. Then they do a different all state team by class excluding the top 50. The AP does a different all state team for each class. Tutsie was not top 50, but was a 6A all state player on the IFCA list. He was honorable mention all state on the AP list. His teammate, Dijon Anderson, was a top 50 for IFCA and 6A all state for AP. He signed at SIU.

I checked the rest of the DBs on the Top 50 list. There are 7 seniors and 2 juniors. The seniors signed with IU, Boston College, Cincinnati, Miami, Bowling Green, and SIU. I couldn't find any information on the last one, but he was both a QB and DB for the 1A (small school) state champs. He may be a D3 guy that hasn't committed anywhere yet.

Thunder_Struck
02-02-2017, 07:00 PM

If the newly proposed red shirt rule happens I think there will be many of these kids that play next year.

Bisonwinagn
02-02-2017, 07:02 PM
If the newly proposed red shirt rule happens I think there will be many of these kids that play next year.

highly doubt that will make any difference!!

BadlandsBison
02-02-2017, 09:30 PM
That is a high level of competition on Michael's film. Makes you wonder why college football in Indiana is so bad with that kind of in state talent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyBison
02-02-2017, 09:44 PM
That is a high level of competition on Michael's film. Makes you wonder why college football in Indiana is so bad with that kind of in state talent

We wonder that all the time. Purdue has focused a lot on Florida and Texas. IU has been better about keeping kids in state. A lot leave the state (last 2 Mr. Footballs went to Michigan and Clemson). The rest get spread out between a lot of schools in the area.

EC8CH
02-02-2017, 10:25 PM
highly doubt that will make any difference!!

Why is that? Never know what will happen injury wise. That new rule would make it very tempting to plug in freshman during the playoffs to build up depth at positions struck by late season injuries.

2011BisonAlumni
02-02-2017, 11:45 PM

There is this program in Indiana called Notre Dame. Not what they once were, but they hit Indiana hard.

BadlandsBison
02-03-2017, 12:18 AM
There is this program in Indiana called Notre Dame. Not what they once were, but they hit Indiana hard.

Never heard of em

Bison20
02-03-2017, 12:52 AM
This kid is going to be a great safety, hard hitter and good tackler. Hopefully he can bring lots of competition from day one and make everyone better.

Bisonwinagn
02-03-2017, 02:25 AM
Why is that? Never know what will happen injury wise. That new rule would make it very tempting to plug in freshman during the playoffs to build up depth at positions struck by late season injuries.

The comment was many could see playing time. Maybe 1 or 2, but doubtful a coach would play a freshman in the playoff's when they've never played before.

EndZoneQB
02-03-2017, 02:31 AM
The comment was many could see playing time. Maybe 1 or 2, but doubtful a coach would play a freshman in the playoff's when they've never played before.

Special Teams. Take a shot on a kid returning kicks, etc. Never know when a true freshman helps you spark a playoff win against your hated rival without your star QB.

IndyBison
02-03-2017, 05:56 PM

Notre Dame recruits nationally. I don't think they focus on Indiana any more than any other state. They just happen to exist here. They are in the northern part of the state so in relation to Indy they are might as well be in Michigan.

Thunder_Struck
02-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Might give some freshmen some reps in the MVSU game.

IzzyFlexion
02-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Interesting sidenote:

I count 11 FBS football programs within 200 miles of Indianapolis.

1-Ball State
2-Indiana
3-Purdue
4-Notre Dame
5-Illinois
6-Louisville
7-Kentucky
8-Ohio State
9-Miami (of Ohio)
10-Cincinnati
11-Northwestern

HerdBot
02-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Might give some freshmen some reps in the MVSU game.

with those new rules... can't they play like x amount games?

SDbison
02-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Interesting sidenote:

I count 11 FBS football programs within 200 miles of Indianapolis.

1-Ball State
2-Indiana
3-Purdue
4-Notre Dame
5-Illinois
6-Louisville
7-Kentucky
8-Ohio State
9-Miami (of Ohio)
10-Cincinnati
11-Northwestern
Nothing like being a Bison!

Vet70
02-03-2017, 09:26 PM
with those new rules... Can't they play like x amount games?

x = 3......

Bison20
02-03-2017, 09:52 PM
x = 3......

Is that a for sure rule or do they still need to vote on it. I wouldn't be suprised to see this kid push for playing time early in his career. All about learning the defense.

Vet70
02-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Is that a for sure rule or do they still need to vote on it. I wouldn't be suprised to see this kid push for playing time early in his career. All about learning the defense.

The last I heard it was a rule change being considered. There is a thread started by Jay (don't recall the forum) where he discusses several proposed changes. Maybe someone recalls where the thread is posted.

IndyBison
05-25-2017, 03:10 AM
I did some checking for all state teams. The state coaches association (IFCA) does a top 50 for all positions, all classes. Mr. Football is selected from this group. Then they do a different all state team by class excluding the top 50. The AP does a different all state team for each class. Tutsie was not top 50, but was a 6A all state player on the IFCA list. He was honorable mention all state on the AP list. His teammate, Dijon Anderson, was a top 50 for IFCA and 6A all state for AP. He signed at SIU.

I checked the rest of the DBs on the Top 50 list. There are 7 seniors and 2 juniors. The seniors signed with IU, Boston College, Cincinnati, Miami, Bowling Green, and SIU. I couldn't find any information on the last one, but he was both a QB and DB for the 1A (small school) state champs. He may be a D3 guy that hasn't committed anywhere yet.

Dijon Anderson was in the wrong place at the wrong time two weeks ago. He and a friend were shot. His friend died at the scene, and Dijon passed away yesterday after battling for 2 years. What a sad tragedy.

Christopher Moen
05-25-2017, 03:17 AM
Dijon Anderson was in the wrong place at the wrong time two weeks ago. He and a friend were shot. His friend died at the scene, and Dijon passed away yesterday after battling for 2 years. What a sad tragedy.

That's extremely tragic. Hopefully the individuals responsible are caught.

IndyBison
05-25-2017, 03:58 AM
That's extremely tragic. Hopefully the individuals responsible are caught.

They have surveillance photos of the suspects, but they have not been caught yet. Indy 500 pole winner Scott Dixon, and former Indy 500 champion Dario Franchitti were robbed at gun point at a Taco Bell not too far from this same location Sunday night after qualifications. Fortunately no one was injured and the suspects were caught. There were 14 and 15 years old!

http://www.wthr.com/article/dijons-family-remembers-courageous-person-with-nfl-dreams

bruinbison
10-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Kolpack’s article on Steve Tutsie, Michael’s father. He is an assistant football coach at NAIA #6 Marian University in Indianapolis, currently 6-0.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4515393-it-was-bison-football-saturday-remember-tutsie-family

IndyBison
10-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Kolpack’s article on Steve Tutsie, Michael’s father. He is an assistant football coach at NAIA #6 Marian University in Indianapolis, currently 6-0.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4515393-it-was-bison-football-saturday-remember-tutsie-familyMarian has built a impressive program. It's a good, private Catholic school that didn't get much local attention. They were struggling with enrollment and were in danger of closing. They decided to add a football program and built a nice facility. They hired a coach who knew how the recruit local talent and being NAIA they could accept some students who weren't eligible at NCAA schools.

Football success engaged alumni. It got more local people to pay more attention to the school. They have since added a medical school and nursing program. Enrollment its up. They are building like crazy on campus. They are serious contenders for the national championship this year and play in the best NAIA conference in the country.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

VirginiaBison
07-15-2019, 11:39 PM
2019 Breakout Player - Michael Tutsie (https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/3971893-Bison-breakthrough-players-in-2019-Michael-Tutsie)

IndyBison
12-18-2019, 09:41 PM

http://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4515393-it-was-bison-football-saturday-remember-tutsie-family

Went back and found the thread on Tutsie committing and found this post. Marian went into last year's playoffs as the #1 or #2 team and lost in the first round. This year they have advanced to the national championship as the #2 seed against #1 Morningside. The game is Saturday night so check it out during the JMU game. They are a very good NAIA team that would beat many D2 teams and probably compete with the middle of FCS. They would definitely give the Bison a tougher game than Butler. Marian and Butler are about 3 miles apart.

2019 Breakout Player - Michael Tutsie (https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/3971893-Bison-breakthrough-players-in-2019-Michael-Tutsie)

Great prediction in July!

X-Factor
12-20-2019, 09:41 PM

Wow is right!

The Bison seem to be super deep with high end safety talent. Weber will be a good one as well.

DCinOK
12-21-2019, 09:49 PM
I kept thinking today that the only thing this blowout lacks is a Tutsie interception. And then.................

IndyBison
12-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Cheer for his dad coaching Marian against Morningside tonight in the NAIA championship.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
07-31-2020, 02:36 PM
Best FCS player wearing 25

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-countdown-best-players-ndsu-michael-tutsie-bzbz

Also, we played UC Davis last year? Seems like many years ago...

El_Chapo
01-09-2023, 04:09 AM
THIS IS NDSU PRIDE.

GREAT CAREER. GREAT VIDEO HERE

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRg2F16e/

El_Chapo
04-28-2023, 09:45 PM
Wow, this would be SWEET! Let's go Tutsie!!

��UPDATE: NDSU safety Michael Tutsie has talked to all 32 #NFL teams, source says:

I’m told that 8-10 that have shown “serious” interest.

The #Buccaneers and #Colts spoke to him at his Pro Day.

Scouts love Tutsie's toughness, ability to play special teams, and that he’s…

IndyBison
05-02-2023, 01:39 AM
Tutsie now with camp invite for the Colts. What a thrill for him!

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1653209617135030274?t=HKh7kHflz5_ojIwgING7tQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
05-02-2023, 01:11 PM

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1653209617135030274?t=HKh7kHflz5_ojIwgING7tQ&s=19

Perfect!! I wanted him to get a try out, I think he will open some eyes

GreenfieldBison
06-15-2023, 02:27 PM

and that camp invite has borne fruit. Bravo Mr. Tutsie!

https://www.colts.com/news/colts-sign-s-michael-tutsie

tony
06-15-2023, 02:35 PM
and that camp invite has borne fruit. Bravo Mr. Tutsie!

https://www.colts.com/news/colts-sign-s-michael-tutsie

That's great news!

runtheoption
06-15-2023, 02:49 PM
It has probably been mentioned multiple times on here, but I wasn't aware he is 2nd on the career solo tackles list.

Bisonator98
06-15-2023, 02:50 PM
Congrats to Tut!

EC8CH
06-15-2023, 03:36 PM
It has probably been mentioned multiple times on here, but I wasn't aware he is 2nd on the career solo tackles list.

Wow. That's surprising and impressive.

IndyBison
06-15-2023, 04:12 PM
Not a huge player but a pure football player. Also very smart. His dad is a long time coach and mostly defensive coordinator. I will root for him to make to team!

steelbison
06-18-2023, 03:07 AM
Not a huge player but a pure football player. Also very smart. His dad is a long time coach and mostly defensive coordinator. I will root for him to make to team!

Totally agree. Great college player but honestly not big enough to play in the NFL

EC8CH
06-18-2023, 05:09 AM
Totally agree. Great college player but honestly not big enough to play in the NFL

Find a role... Special teams if need be... Get er done Tutsie.

heffray
06-18-2023, 04:51 PM

Antoine Winfield was 5’9” 180 and pound for pound one of the best Secondary players in NFL during his prime. Tutsie is listed on ESPN as 5’11” 189…

G_Funky
06-19-2023, 02:52 PM
Antoine Winfield was 5’9” 180 and pound for pound one of the best Secondary players in NFL during his prime. Tutsie is listed on ESPN as 5’11” 189…

Tutsie is an excellent football player with a knack for getting to the ball. Athletes are a dime a dozen at that size...but he just seems to have an "it" factor when it comes to understanding the game and getting himself in the right spot at the right time. He'll fit right in as a special teams guy.

heffray
06-19-2023, 04:23 PM
Tutsie is an excellent football player with a knack for getting to the ball. Athletes are a dime a dozen at that size...but he just seems to have an "it" factor when it comes to understanding the game and getting himself in the right spot at the right time. He'll fit right in as a special teams guy.

I wouldn’t rule him out of breaking into a secondary spot somewhere… injuries happen and he’s an effort guy…

IndyBison
06-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Talked with Michael's dad at a scrimmage the other night. He's back to coaching at Marian University (top 10 NAIA program). Very excited for Michael and this opportunity. Very proud dad!

IndyBison
06-30-2023, 04:04 AM
Nice local story about Tutsie. The high school Hudl clip was from a game I worked in 2016 (his senior year). I know a few players from that game are on NFL rosters now. The RT (#77) was on the Packers roster last year. You can see me in the umpire spot early in the clip. Coach West is high school coach and one of the best in the state.

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/indianapolis-colts/warren-central-star-michael-tutsies-nfl-dreams-come-true-with-home-team/

El_Chapo
08-14-2023, 04:49 PM
La'Michael Pettway and Michael Tutsie reverted to IR from waived-injured with #Colts

So he's still got a chance.

Hammerhead
08-14-2023, 05:42 PM

The size of players in general was smaller back when Winfield Sr. was playing. :)

heffray
08-14-2023, 11:32 PM
The size of players in general was smaller back when Winfield Sr. was playing. :)

So those 2 inches Mr T has on Winfield will help him fit right in… ;)