PDA

View Full Version : ORU @ NDSU 1/28 SHAC 2pm

HerdBoy
01-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Must win game for the ladies. Currently tied for 5th in the Summit. I have errands to run in Fargo but gonna take a break from that and go to the game. It will be interesting to see how they respond after the USD game. Go Bison!

Mr Meaty
01-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Need to have some good steady play today. Ladies can get this one today.

Bisonator98
01-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Must win. Need to play some defense!

HerdBot
01-28-2017, 05:09 PM
After the USD game (and the last 4)... I'm predicting a 20 point loss. We apparently can't stop the three point shot or play defense. Something was exposed on tape and other teams are exploiting it. Hopefully we figure it out because this team is Jekyll and Hyde and isn't playing close to potential. They've actually taken a step backwards.

For media... it's MidcoSN / ESPN3 and Bison 1660

Mr Meaty
01-28-2017, 07:04 PM
Tip off is next. Go Bison
ORU has lost 5 of 6 and we have dropped 4 straight. Somebody wins today it might as well be us.

HerdBot
01-28-2017, 07:47 PM
Looks like we've cleaned up the 3 point defense. Held them scoreless from three. Down by 5 but at least we look competitive..

dufferole
01-28-2017, 08:19 PM
I have had a hard time watching this team for a long while. They have so many possessions where they don't get a shot off. Drives me crazy. I will continue to watch the team but it has to get better soon.

NDSU92
01-28-2017, 08:37 PM
This is frustrating to watch. A lot of basketball IQ/communication issues. This team has a lot of potential but still has a LONG way to go. The size of the step forward taken this offseason will probably dictate the trajectory of this program for three years.

HerdBot
01-28-2017, 08:41 PM
I have had a hard time watching this team for a long while. They have so many possessions where they don't get a shot off. Drives me crazy. I will continue to watch the team but it has to get better soon.

Yeah right now we have a bucket of water with 3 holes and 2 plugs.

Against USD they just killed us shooting threes. This game we don't allow them to knock down shots from downtown but they are KILLING us in the paint. They have 22 more points in the paint and 10 more rebounds.... and were down by 20. Next year we will be getting some recruits with some height which is badly needed.

This year is a total rebuild with all the young players. These ugly games are part of the learning process for all the young players who are clearly not ready but have shown flashes. It's on the job learning. Still optimistic.

The young players really need to learn to be a bit more even keeled emotionally. When things are going well... They look great. When things start going bad, they fold under pressure and hang their heads. They even appear to almost give up a little. You can see it in their body language. That's a skill that they will learn in time. These are young players. Need some ice in the veins.

Bisonionette
01-28-2017, 08:42 PM
Two years straight of ugliness. Paleeze
Marens first year here was at least competitive and fun.
These past two seasons are just dreadful

HerdBot
01-28-2017, 08:55 PM
Two years straight of ugliness. Paleeze
Marens first year here was at least competitive and fun.
These past two seasons are just dreadful

2 years ago she had a veteran roster though. But it's all about a youth movement... if we don't see these young players improve dramatically next year... Then I'll be critical. As of now it's on the job learning which sucks but it is what it is.

Heck DeHoff looked good in year 1 with some veteran players. Next year this will be 100 percent Walseth players.. That's when I will start judging her

Mr Meaty
01-28-2017, 08:59 PM
2 years ago she had a veteran roster though. But it's all about a youth movement... if we don't see these young players improve dramatically next year... Then I'll be critical. As of now it's on the job learning which sucks but it is what it is

Exactly!!!! You have a lot of minutes logged by 1st. and 2nd year players. They need to adjust to higher level of play and as teammates. But that only goes so long. Next year needs to be not only better but more consistent. And that means winning. More than loosing.

Bisonator98
01-29-2017, 12:37 AM
I was hoping for improvement as the conference season went on but unfortunately it's getting worse not better.

Bisonionette
01-29-2017, 01:55 AM
Well we still have crappy ft Wayne and Denver Looking at five conference wins at best And thank goodness we make conference tournament. Last year was a total embarrassment.