PDA

View Full Version : Team Makers!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Meaty
01-27-2017, 08:55 PM
I could not find a Team Maker thread to bump, so I will put this here. Congrats on the new 1,000 members to Team Makers. Also Great job by all the current and new members for over $4.3 Million in CASH a $1,000,000 increase from last year. Straight Cash Homie!!!!!!!

tony
01-27-2017, 11:36 PM
I made you a thread because TM deserves it. :)

NDSU1980
01-28-2017, 01:01 AM
What bugs me about TM is that I gave $1000 but only got credit for $250. I gave $250 towards membership and $750 toward what ever the COA fund is called. Geez Louise, you'd think they could call it $1000 donation in the list.

This year it's all going to membership, no COA fund. Sorry, but at least stroke my ego a little when I'm donating that kind of $$$.

MNLonghorn10
01-28-2017, 01:58 AM
You're welcome!

CAS4127
01-28-2017, 02:01 AM
What bugs me about TM is that I gave $1000 but only got credit for $250. I gave $250 towards membership and $750 toward what ever the COA fund is called. Geez Louise, you'd think they could call it $1000 donation in the list.

This year it's all going to membership, no COA fund. Sorry, but at least stroke my ego a little when I'm donating that kind of $$$.

Something doesn't sound right there. Any $$ beyond actual cost of tickets is tax deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
01-28-2017, 02:21 AM
Something doesn't sound right there. Any $$ beyond actual cost of tickets is tax deductible.

That's not what he's saying. He isn't talking about tax deductions at all. He's saying he donated $250 to TM and $750 to the Bison Pride Fund. When the Team Makers donor list came out with everyone's names and their donation levels, he was listed as a $250 donor. He feels he should be listed as a $1000 donor.

It all comes down to whether the Bison Pride Fund comes under the umbrella of Team Makers or some arm of the athletic department or the Development Foundation. If it's TM, then he should have been credited for $1000. If it's something else, then the athletic department should consider linking the two together. Both donations are for scholarships after all.

StL Bison Fan
01-28-2017, 02:38 AM
That's not what he's saying. He isn't talking about tax deductions at all. He's saying he donated $250 to TM and $750 to the Bison Pride Fund. When the Team Makers donor list came out with everyone's names and their donation levels, he was listed as a $250 donor. He feels he should be listed as a $1000 donor.

It all comes down to whether the Bison Pride Fund comes under the umbrella of Team Makers or some arm of the athletic department or the Development Foundation. If it's TM, then he should have been credited for $1000. If it's something else, then the athletic department should consider linking the two together. Both donations are for scholarships after all.
You still get points although they are different for many of the funds.

NDSU1980
01-28-2017, 02:42 AM

That's exactly what I'm saying.

CAS4127
01-28-2017, 02:55 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying.

Understood now. But didn't know there was a TM list published. Where is that done? Website?

roadwarrior
01-28-2017, 03:30 AM
Understood now. But didn't know there was a TM list published. Where is that done? Website?

Every game program.

Online too. I just looked.

El_Chapo
01-28-2017, 03:54 AM
I could not find a Team Maker thread to bump, so I will put this here. Congrats on the new 1,000 members to Team Makers. Also Great job by all the current and new members for over $4.3 Million in CASH a $1,000,000 increase from last year. Straight Cash Homie!!!!!!!

thry added 1000 members cuz they FORCED US TO JOIN AS SEASON TICKET HOLDERS #FACISM. Only D2 people left at ndsu are in teammakers.

56BISON73
01-28-2017, 07:24 AM

He still get the priority points. But his giving level isnt recognized for the higher amount. The 250.00 he only gets an 80% tax deduction. The 750.00 is 100%. So the question is do you want the bigger deduction or your name higher up the list in the program?

unbison
01-28-2017, 07:48 AM
He still get the priority points. But his giving level isnt recognized for the higher amount. The 250.00 he only gets an 80% tax deduction. The 750.00 is 100%. So the question is do you want the bigger deduction or your name higher up the list in the program?
The question is does his donation deserve more recognition?
he obviously feels it does

56BISON73
01-28-2017, 07:54 AM

I understand that. I had that some surprise this year when I donated to the FCOA fund. I think it should count towards total giving even though the tax benefits are different.

The locker room fund will probably be different when it comes to priority points. I think that will be 1 point per 100 as its a brick and mortar thing.
Nothing has been settled on that from what I understand.

Bisonator98
01-28-2017, 04:19 PM
Maybe NDSU should put out a list of total contributions? Maybe some don't want the recognition.

HerdBot
01-28-2017, 06:34 PM
They are doing a great job. Obviously the SHAC helps but still a huge deal.

With other funds to donate to, such as the Locker room fund and Bison Pride which funds FCOA...curious if they will start allocating some more money to facilities or coaching salaries? Throwing an extra hundred thousand or so towards assistant coaches would go along way for retention. And a few hundred grand out of 4.5 million is pretty small

unbison
01-28-2017, 06:38 PM
I understand that. I had that some surprise this year when I donated to the FCOA fund. I think it should count towards total giving even though the tax benefits are different.

The locker room fund will probably be different when it comes to priority points. I think that will be 1 point per 100 as its a brick and mortar thing.
Nothing has been settled on that from what I understand.

He wants his ego stroked for 1000 bucks good luck I know you hate this shit
I personally don't care who knows how much I donate I am comfortable with that amount and it feels good with or without any recognition

1998braves64
01-28-2017, 08:53 PM
He wants his ego stroked for 1000 bucks good luck I know you hate this shit
I personally don't care who knows how much I donate I am comfortable with that amount and it feels good with or without any recognition
Think it's ludicrous to "demand" it over $1000. Personally I've never really even looked to see my name on the list other than the first year. $5 or $5 million they all matter.

Sent from my tablet on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

unbison
01-28-2017, 09:11 PM
thry added 1000 members cuz they FORCED US TO JOIN AS SEASON TICKET HOLDERS #FACISM

Whine whine whine.... hope your sconi roots help you eat enough cheese to keep up

unbison
01-28-2017, 09:12 PM
Think it's ludicrous to "demand" it over $1000. Personally I've never really even looked to see my name on the list other than the first year. $5 or $5 million they all matter.

I'm not says my right or wrong saying good luck

NDSU1980
01-28-2017, 09:14 PM
I've had a discussion with my accountant. She insists that since we take the standard deduction, we can't itemize this as a charitable deduction since we'd be losing more than we'd gain. I intend to corner her again when we do taxes in Feb.

Vet70
01-28-2017, 09:34 PM
thry added 1000 members cuz they FORCED US TO JOIN AS SEASON TICKET HOLDERS #FACISM

Wait, what? Now they are forcing us to buy season tickets? #don'tbuythem.

NorthernBison
01-28-2017, 10:07 PM
I've had a discussion with my accountant. She insists that since we take the standard deduction, we can't itemize this as a charitable deduction since we'd be losing more than we'd gain. I intend to corner her again when we do taxes in Feb.

I'm guessing she's right. Sounds like you don't have enough itemized deductions. The standard deduction is larger. Common occurrence.

NDSU1980
01-28-2017, 11:24 PM

Here you go Charlie. All the TM info you'd ever want. http://ndsuathleticfund.com/team-makers/member-listing/

1998braves64
01-29-2017, 01:22 AM
if you don't itemize you'll have to make a large enough donation to be able to itemize!

BisonAccountant44
01-29-2017, 01:52 AM
She is absolutely correct.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

56BISON73
01-29-2017, 02:03 AM

I would have thought with the farm you would have itemized. But your tax person is correct.

NDSU1980
01-29-2017, 03:38 AM
I would have thought with the farm you would have itemized. But your tax person is correct.

Farm deductions are listed on schedule F, which is different from the itemized deductions. Of course she did say that a donation of something like $12,500 would change all that. No, not yet.

HerdBot
01-29-2017, 04:46 AM
thry added 1000 members cuz they FORCED US TO JOIN AS SEASON TICKET HOLDERS #FACISM. Only D2 people left at ndsu are in teammakers.

Are you drunk? I hope so because you can't possibly be this stupid.

unbison
01-29-2017, 02:57 PM

He is on a terror lately

SDbison
01-29-2017, 04:57 PM
He is on a terror lately Well we all knew the news about UND joining the Summit and MVFC would drive Lakes over the edge. I am not happy about it either and will put my energy towards pushing for some real action to prepare for a move to FBS.

LikeMothers
01-29-2017, 09:57 PM

Just move to Minnesota and let the state income tax, wheelage tax, and property tax push you out of the standard deduction. Problem solved!

NDSU1980
01-31-2017, 12:33 AM
Just move to Minnesota and let the state income tax, wheelage tax, and property tax push you out of the standard deduction. Problem solved!

I refuse to live in the same state as my mother in law. No purple.

56BISON73
01-31-2017, 01:21 AM

I just remembered that those that donated to the Bison Pride Fund were given recognition in the program as well under that designation..

unbison
01-31-2017, 02:03 AM
I just remembered that those that donated to the Bison Pride Fund were given recognition in the program as well under that designation..

Hey PL I dOnt care if he was or not... seems petty gripe to me was surprised you didn't get after him more

El_Chapo
01-31-2017, 04:24 AM

No. DONT BRAG ON TWITTER/FACEBOOK that you raised memberships from.1200 to 4700 or whatever WHEN YOU FORCED season ticket holders to become teammakers

56BISON73
01-31-2017, 07:17 PM

I received an email today that FCOA-Bison Pride Fund donations will now be included in the total giving level.

Son of a Bison
01-31-2017, 08:11 PM
I received an email today that FCOA-Bison Pride Fund donations will now be included in the total giving level.

What about locker room?

56BISON73
01-31-2017, 09:46 PM
What about locker room?

Locker room donations are going to be a harder sell as its brick and mortar as opposed to cash for scholarships. But no determination on those donations has been made as of yet.

Mr Meaty
01-31-2017, 10:55 PM
Locker room donations are going to be a harder sell as its brick and mortar as opposed to cash for scholarships. But no determination on those donations has been made as of yet.

I was promised private bathroom in locker room. Rest of you saps can stand in line.

NDSU1980
01-31-2017, 11:48 PM

That's great to hear. Looks like Pat Simmers is listening.

56BISON73
02-01-2017, 12:16 AM
I was promised private bathroom in locker room. Rest of you saps can stand in line.

Thats a big donation!!! :biggrin:

Bison"FANatic"
02-01-2017, 12:51 AM

And to think some of us only donate 1 or 2 times a year. I bet he is a lot more REGULAR.

Christopher Moen
02-04-2017, 07:41 PM

And to think some of us only donate 1 or 2 times a year. I bet he is a lot more REGULAR.

What a couple of crappy puns!

Christopher Moen
09-23-2017, 01:09 AM
Keeping up the good work Team Makers: http://www.inforum.com/sports/4332556-big-bison-bucks-ndsu-athletics-booster-club-reaches-unforeseen-funds

http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/0B282faRjN_aYSmZ4S19PZnJnd1U.jpg?itok=Pfmd6RCJ

I know this will anger a few (those who think people should work for free or don't like Team Makers), but I'm personally shocked that Administration cost is so low. I don't know exactly how many are on Team Makers' staff (I think three), but $145,000 per year is pretty good ROI for a group now bringing in $5.53 million.

BisBison
09-23-2017, 01:31 AM
Keeping up the good work Team Makers: http://www.inforum.com/sports/4332556-big-bison-bucks-ndsu-athletics-booster-club-reaches-unforeseen-funds

http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/0B282faRjN_aYSmZ4S19PZnJnd1U.jpg?itok=Pfmd6RCJ

I know this will anger a few (those who think people should work for free or don't like Team Makers), but I'm personally shocked that Administration cost is so low. I don't know exactly how many are on Team Makers' staff (I think three), but $145,000 per year is pretty good ROI for a group now bringing in $5.53 million.

That's a fantastic ROI. It's also a fantastic growth in fundraising.

EC8CH
09-23-2017, 01:39 AM
Is the revenue from the 50/50 raffle in there somewhere. Gaming trust?

roadwarrior
09-23-2017, 01:41 AM
Is the revenue from the 50/50 raffle in there somewhere.

It's included in the Gaming trust income.

HerdBot
09-23-2017, 03:38 AM

Great article. Looks like the SHAC is paying off with 250k in Teammakers revenue for basketbal but there is still a ton of opportunity there.

Looks like tailgating revenue is a nice source of revenue but still tons of opportunity out there

I checked online... Texas Tech cracked 5 million in 2011

Mr Meaty
09-23-2017, 05:59 AM
Now if they only allowed beer drinking during games.

unbison
09-23-2017, 01:05 PM

Pat is paid through the university so it's a misleading number

BisonAccountant44
09-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Breaking even on VIP parking is interesting.

It doesn't hurt anything to offer it as a perk at breakeven, but unless you make a couple bucks on it that lot should be on the table for tailgating expansion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EC8CH
09-23-2017, 03:13 PM
Curious how much more juice there is to squeeze out of football ticket dues when all seats are at full cost. After that growth will need to come from elsewhere.

Christopher Moen
09-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Pat is paid through the university so it's a misleading number

Still pretty low number for the remaining amount of employees.

1998braves64
09-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Curious how much more juice there is to squeeze out of football ticket dues when all seats are at full cost. After that growth will need to come from elsewhere.I think there is room there especially on the low end as it is only $25/seat. Not sure what the level is there to squeeze. Maybe $50-75?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdBot
09-23-2017, 11:42 PM
Curious how much more juice there is to squeeze out of football ticket dues when all seats are at full cost. After that growth will need to come from elsewhere.

Basketball is where the real money can be made.

BisBison
09-24-2017, 11:36 PM
I'd like to see more $$$ being put into the endowment. This is where the stability comes from. If you have a down year the endowment still kicks out $$$.

Hammerhead
09-25-2017, 09:12 PM
What does VIP parking cost? Is it a minimum team makers donation per year? We are usually way early so don't have trouble parking on the east side.

Breaking even on VIP parking is interesting.

It doesn't hurt anything to offer it as a perk at breakeven, but unless you make a couple bucks on it that lot should be on the table for tailgating expansion.

roadwarrior
09-26-2017, 12:27 AM
What does VIP parking cost? Is it a minimum team makers donation per year? We are usually way early so don't have trouble parking on the east side.

A single VIP parking spot in lot D is included at no cost for those giving over $5500 per year to Teammakers.

They sell additional spots for $50.00

El_Chapo
09-26-2017, 12:39 AM
thry added 1000 members cuz they forced us to join as season ticket holders #facism. Only d2 people left at ndsu are in teammakers.

bingo ^^^^

HerdBot
09-26-2017, 01:51 AM
It's not coming from reserved tailgating. The general admission lot was probably 25 percent empty so was the reserved lot. Was that due to a shitty game, bad weather, or were fans pissed they didn't get in for game 1? I don't even think the game sold out. (only a few hundred short) Feels like interest is really low right now (by our standards) but then again it's 2 ridiculously bad teams

DIBISON
09-26-2017, 02:53 AM
A single VIP parking spot in lot D is included at no cost for those giving over $5500 per year to Teammakers.

I'm a long-time Teamaker, season ticket holder and have 12 reserved tailgating passes. Got a letter this summer that stated that certain Teamaker levels could apply for one reserved parking spot, either in Lot D for $150 or Lot R (across the street south of Lot D) for $100. Passes would be awarded by priority points. I wasn't awarded a pass for Lot D but got a pass in lot R. Now if the wife doesn't want to tailgate she can come at game time and have a reserved parking spot immediately south of the FD.

56BISON73
09-26-2017, 03:16 AM
It's not coming from reserved tailgating. The general admission lot was probably 25 percent empty so was the reserved lot. Was that due to a shitty game, bad weather, or were fans pissed they didn't get in for game 1? I don't even think the game sold out. (only a few hundred short) Feels like interest is really low right now (by our standards) but then again it's 2 ridiculously bad teams

Shitty team and bad weather. When we went in to the game an hour early cars were piling in the reserved lot and the line was backed up. A lot of people dont want to sit out in bad weather just to say we tailgated in bad weather to some how validate their fanhood.

tjbison
09-26-2017, 03:25 AM

interest is not low, but perception of not getting in to the game and GA is causing people to stay away. Ive seen it with people I know, when the good Conference games come it will be fine.

Last week was a perfect storm, crap weather (Perfect for me!!) and a known bad opponent. Personally I couldn't care less I go and use my spots so if others want to give up their investment because they are fairweather fans..go for it

bisonfanette
09-26-2017, 04:16 AM

If you are in the gold club & if you want a parking spot in lot D - you can purchase it for $100.

HerdBot
09-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Shitty team and bad weather. When we went in to the game an hour early cars were piling in the reserved lot and the line was backed up. A lot of people dont want to sit out in bad weather just to say we tailgated in bad weather to some how validate their fanhood.

interest is not low, but perception of not getting in to the game and GA is causing people to stay away. Ive seen it with people I know, when the good Conference games come it will be fine.

Last week was a perfect storm, crap weather (Perfect for me!!) and a known bad opponent. Personally I couldn't care less I go and use my spots so if others want to give up their investment because they are fairweather fans..go for it

Once the real games begin it will help. I wonder if the tickets falling a few hundred short of a sellout had more to do with not knowing they were available? I saw people posting WTB tickets online the day of the game when you could actually buy them

AKBison
09-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Once the real games begin it will help. I wonder if the tickets falling a few hundred short of a sellout had more to do with not knowing they were available? I saw people posting WTB tickets online the day of the game when you could actually buy them

That's definetly what it is. Most people know that every game is already sold out with thousands more in line for season tickets. Now, I'm a savvy Bisonviller and saw you post that student and visitor tickets were still remaining on Friday night so I bought a couple and put together a last minute 5 hour road trip with my oldest son. First thing I hear at work on Monday...."cool, but how did you get tickets, they are sold out." So between that and having a large part of your fan base that travel multiple hours to each game and thus likely need several days to a week to put a trip together to Fargo for the weekend because of work and family, getting those Non conference games sold out last minute will always be hard. I suspect this would be true even if we had a sold out 28,000 seat stadium.

BisonTeacher
10-17-2017, 01:22 PM
Anyone else get a letter from teammakers about voting proxy? What is it all about? Big deal or not. And before you ask...no I didnt read it. I trust that the leadership is doing the right things. So do I give my proxy vote to the cahir or sign my vote away to RTO??

GRAFTONBISON
10-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Anyone else get a letter from teammakers about voting proxy? What is it all about? Big deal or not. And before you ask...no I didnt read it. I trust that the leadership is doing the right things. So do I give my proxy vote to the cahir or sign my vote away to RTO??

I signed our proxy vote over to Rev. B0b

TransAmBison
10-17-2017, 01:35 PM
I signed our proxy vote over to Rev. B0bThe check is in the mail.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2017, 02:33 PM
If anyone on here wants to vote my proxy, PM me. Having up to date bylaws is a big deal, and they may have a difficult time updating them if we don't all find proxys since a big change is the definition of a quorum.

GRAFTONBISON
10-17-2017, 04:13 PM
The check is in the mail.

Will it also contain a press on tattoo?

TransAmBison
10-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Will it also contain a press on tattoo?No, but if you don't get the check, I'll provide you a link to track it. Just enter your info in the boxes and login...should be no problem.

GRAFTONBISON
10-17-2017, 04:18 PM
No, but if you don't get the check, I'll provide you a link to track it. Just enter your info in the boxes and login...should be no problem.

You always take care of everything :rofl:

KilldeerBison
10-17-2017, 04:22 PM
No, but if you don't get the check, I'll provide you a link to track it. Just enter your info in the boxes and login...should be no problem.

I wouldn't fall for it! His "boys" will be watching you, they are everywhere, even hiding in bushes. Once you get tangled up in this, you cannot get away from them.

IzzyFlexion
10-17-2017, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't fall for it! His "boys" will be watching you, they are everywhere, even hiding in bushes. Once you get tangled up in this, you cannot get away from them.

http://trinities.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/confused-george-bush.jpg

Hammerhead
10-18-2017, 04:15 PM
I sent in my proxy. Our last home was in an HOA with 614 homes and we could never get enough people to even mail in a proxy for the annual meeting to let us meet the required quorum which made it impossible to vote on any bylaw changes which was really frustrating.

oldmantutters
10-18-2017, 06:48 PM
I sent in my proxy. Our last home was in an HOA with 614 homes and we could never get enough people to even mail in a proxy for the annual meeting to let us meet the required quorum which made it impossible to vote on any bylaw changes which was really frustrating.That sounds like an absolute nightmare situation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
10-18-2017, 06:58 PM
That sounds like an absolute nightmare situation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This is how you end up with HOAs that can’t get rid of 35 year old restrictions that made perfect sense when they were written but make absolutely no sense today.

A1pigskin
10-22-2017, 03:10 PM
This is how you end up with HOAs that can’t get rid of 35 year old restrictions that made perfect sense when they were written but make absolutely no sense today.

Whose name should I write in the proxy? Or should I just the box for the chair of the meeting?

BisonTeacher
10-22-2017, 03:55 PM
Whose name should I write in the proxy? Or should I just the box for the chair of the meeting?

I just checked the box for the chair of the meeting.

StL Bison Fan
10-22-2017, 04:15 PM

I talked to TM about this. If you know someone who is going you can put their name and they can vote for you.
They will know how many votes to tally for that person.

BisonAccountant44
10-23-2017, 12:26 AM
Who wants to be my proxy?

bisonfanette
10-23-2017, 01:25 AM
Changing subject but didn't know where to put this - question.
A friend sits in section 6 & said too many unused season ticket holder seats - EMPTY seats - & some of the season ticket holders don't know how to re-home them.
Yet, on the NDSU Ticket Exchange Facebook page, ppl are asking for tickets (many many posts) right up until game day.
(There were ppl who flew into Fargo from Florida, & posted on that page... that they were looking for tickets. Thankfully, they did get into the game.)
I went to the ticket window Sat. 11:AM & they are no tickets for sale, nothing turned in at that time. (Pigskin helped our friends get in. Thanks BV.)
So.... suggestions?
Perhaps TM could send a reminder to the season ticket holders to re-home their unused tickets... including suggestions. Facebook page.... turn them into the ticket office... etc.
I realize not all season ticket holders have facebook... but that page is very active with requests. There are fans who would love to come to a game.

Hammerhead
10-23-2017, 04:14 PM

Ditto for me.

Mr Meaty
10-23-2017, 09:16 PM
50/50 Raffle last weekend just over $25,000 to the winner. Team Makers kept 50%. If the average ticket buyer buys $15-$20 worth of tickets that is 2,500-3,300 people that buy tickets. I am not sure how many are already Team Makers members but maybe someone should follow along with the ticket sellers and had out information about Team Makers/Bison Pride Fund/Bison Athletic Excellence Fund to maybe help spur on more membership. I know in our group there are only 3 members out of a group of 10 that are members. Have we can pickup another 500 members (or more) for annual donations. Just an idea.

StL Bison Fan
10-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Drove in for TM lunch today.
The power was off at bww., but the radio crew had a generator. We had pop and chips (beer pours too without power) and enjoyed the show- Halloween Edition. When coach K walked in the power came on and everyone had lunch.
Best TM lunch ever.

bisonfanette
10-26-2017, 11:36 PM
How nice! Rec'd a hand written note from Coach K, saying thanks for a contribution to Bison football. It also says, the guys have been working extremely hard & look forward to the challenges the remainder of the season brings. *** Excellent PR! ***
Kind of makes you want to donate to the various funds again next year. And believe me, with a daughter attending Ndsu & living on campus, our donations were small.
A very nice gesture by an awesome coach!

perthbison
10-27-2017, 09:14 PM
How nice! Rec'd a hand written note from Coach K, saying thanks for a contribution to Bison football. It also says, the guys have been working extremely hard & look forward to the challenges the remainder of the season brings. *** Excellent PR! ***
Kind of makes you want to donate to the various funds again next year. And believe me, with a daughter attending Ndsu & living on campus, our donations were smalll.
A very nice gesture by an awesome coach!
I can relate. Mine's a fourth year student in a 5 year program so it cuts into donations but we are all supporting the U by them being there and paying for all that

A1pigskin
10-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Who wants to be my proxy?

I just checked the box.

Mr Meaty
10-29-2017, 09:58 AM
$26,000 50/50 raffle yesterday. Thank you fans for showing your support.

bisonfanette
10-29-2017, 02:26 PM

Isn't that amazing! $20. sixty numbers. Alot of fun supporting the Bison!

BisonAccountant44
10-29-2017, 02:36 PM
I thought I won for about 5 seconds at the opener. Hit the last 5 numbers, but missed the first one.

Someday someone will listen to me when I ask for 59 losers.

1998braves64
10-29-2017, 05:41 PM
Could hear the yelling all the way over in section 21 from the guy in section 24 that won it yesterday.

EC8CH
10-29-2017, 05:49 PM
Could hear the yelling all the way over in section 21 from the guy in section 24 that won it yesterday.

My god... I hope we were on offense at the time.

MAKBison
10-29-2017, 06:18 PM
I thought I won for about 5 seconds at the opener. Hit the last 5 numbers, but missed the first one.

Someday someone will listen to me when I ask for 59 losers.

missed it by the last number once......Might have well have missed it by a million

1998braves64
10-29-2017, 07:27 PM
My god... I hope we were on offense at the time.During a tv time out.

Christopher Moen
10-29-2017, 08:15 PM

The have the same thing at Mile High Stadium and we usually don’t hit that much for a jackpot. Plus, $20 doesn’t get you 60 numbers either (maybe 30 or 40 I believe).

roadwarrior
10-29-2017, 11:44 PM
Plus, $20 doesn’t get you 60 numbers either (maybe 30 or 40 I believe).

Starting this year, $20 gets you 60 numbers. It was 40 numbers in previous years.

El_Chapo
10-30-2017, 02:47 AM
Starting this year, $20 gets you 60 numbers. It was 40 numbers in previous years.

Yea that's BULL!!! just dilutes the numbers... booooo

bisonfanette
10-30-2017, 04:39 AM
The have the same thing at Mile High Stadium and we usually don’t hit that much for a jackpot. Plus, $20 doesn’t get you 60 numbers either (maybe 30 or 40 I believe).

Definitely gets you 60 numbers!

offroader613
10-30-2017, 01:59 PM

Definitely gets you 60 numbers!

I think CM was referring that $20 doesn't get you 60 numbers for the raffle at Mile High, not the Team makers raffle.

56BISON73
10-30-2017, 05:28 PM

I dont think your odds of winning goes up when you are giving more numbers to everyone. But it is a great hook to get more people to buy 20 bucks worth. :biggrin:

Christopher Moen
10-30-2017, 07:21 PM
I think CM was referring that $20 doesn't get you 60 numbers for the raffle at Mile High, not the Team makers raffle.

You are correct. However, I haven't played the 50/50 at Mile High this year, so maybe they changed their numbers too.

LikeMothers
11-01-2017, 02:19 PM
A note / reminder:

Use smile.amazon.com to have a portion of your purchase amount go to Team Makers. Select "Team Makers Club" right under the search field.

BisonTeacher
11-01-2017, 03:14 PM
A note / reminder:

Use smile.amazon.com to have a portion of your purchase amount go to Team Makers. Select "Team Makers Club" right under the search field.

Is that for all purchases on Amazon? Or how does that work?

BisonNation11
11-01-2017, 03:27 PM

As long as you use that to access Amazon, it will apply it to any item that qualifies.

LikeMothers
11-01-2017, 06:48 PM

It will show "Eligible for AmazonSmile Donation" a few lines below the price.

https://smile.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Slim-1TB-Console/dp/B071CV8CG2/

Son of a Bison
11-02-2017, 12:48 AM
Anyone going to the Bison Social tomorrow at Pub West 5-7?

StL Bison Fan
11-02-2017, 04:24 AM
Anyone going to the Bison Social tomorrow at Pub West 5-7?

The schedule says pub west but I just saw this on twitter from TM...

Make sure to stop by the @BlarneyWFargo tomorrow night for this month's Bison Nation Social!

Hammerhead
11-02-2017, 06:35 PM
We used to just buy $5 in 50-50 tickets the last two years for the few games we attend and started doing $20 this year.

roadwarrior
11-05-2017, 05:33 PM
I found the following in a USA today article on the changes in the proposed tax law currently in Congress:

College boosters: *Sports fans would no longer be able to deduct 80% of the cost of donations to colleges if they are made only to become eligible to buy seats for games or get preferences such as prime parking spots.

Mr Meaty
11-05-2017, 06:25 PM
I found the following in a USA today article on the changes in the proposed tax law currently in Congress:

The schools will just have to reclassify the donations.

NDSU1980
11-06-2017, 12:33 AM

But if you are already taking the standard deductions, this won't matter. Only applies if you itemize, and I think very few people do. And I believe new tax plan would increase standard deductions making it even less attractive to itemize.

bisonaudit
11-06-2017, 12:41 AM
But if you are already taking the standard deductions, this won't matter. Only applies if you itemize, and I think very few people do. And I believe new tax plan would increase standard deductions making it even less attractive to itemize.

Correct, If the current bill were to pass, fewer people would itemize because higher standard deduction. This is why the home builders association opposed the bill, because under the current law one of the biggest things that makes itemizing attractive is the mortgage interest and property tax deduction. Then, after they made their intention to not endorse the bill clear, the writers of the bill stuck it too them by inserting a provision that would also lower the maximum size of mortgage eligible for the benefit.

StL Bison Fan
12-08-2017, 02:58 AM
We went to the annual meeting tonight. Maybe 40 people. They had some wings, nacho cheese and chips and Mexican egg rolls. Meeting was pretty quick as usual. Minutes, finances (5 million plus), voted on by laws (yes) and board members.
Coach said Dunn ran today. Applause ensued. He was heading back to tape after the meeting. Someone asked if Heagle or Jireck (sp) had been asked to help. He laughed but said tape is the same as last time we played them. That they had a book of all playoff games to help.
We were out of there by 7

Mr Meaty
12-08-2017, 01:52 PM
We went to the annual meeting tonight. Maybe 40 people. They had some wings, nacho cheese and chips and Mexican egg rolls. Meeting was pretty quick as usual. Minutes, finances (5 million plus), voted on by laws (yes) and board members.
Coach said Dunn ran today. Applause ensued. He was heading back to tape after the meeting. Someone asked if Heagle or Jireck (sp) had been asked to help. He laughed but said tape is the same as last time we played them. That they had a book of all playoff games to help.
We were out of there by 7

Raised more money again this year . That is great. It will need to rise each year.

Faron79
12-20-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm gonna join Team-Makers in 2018. Can't go to Frisco cuz I'll still be in my Cam-boot..... grrrrrr. Had Flat-foot surgery on 11-2-17. Been on knee-bike since!! Got to all 3 playoff games in Dec though! Was able to get Handicap-seating Tix thank God!
Will $1,000 do anything to help get Football season tickets?? Trying to work out the budget to do this soon, in 2018.

So.....what are the steps to get in? I've had a GoBison account for yeeeaarrs, but my Wife & Daughter have their own accts, & they've always had luck logging in to get those 8am, or 6pm ticket releases!

I'm an '86-grad Alumni, & actually had a couple PE classes from Mr. Simmers! He bugged me a few times to try out for Football, but I had MCL surgery in High-School (Finley-Sharon!) Nov 1978. I was too scared at the time of re-injuring it, so I never did....Uffda! I was about 6'3", 250lbs at the time. Then in 9/2014, got a NEW knee...the same one operated on in '78. So now....I've got a new MESH MCL, & Dr moved the original "pretty beat up" MCL a little!

Thanks for any help!
Faron

BattleBorn
12-20-2017, 03:12 PM
I'm gonna join Team-Makers in 2018. Can't go to Frisco cuz I'll still be in my Cam-boot..... grrrrrr. Had Flat-foot surgery on 11-2-17. Been on knee-bike since!! Got to all 3 playoff games in Dec though! Was able to get Handicap-seating Tix thank God!
Will $1,000 do anything to help get Football season tickets?? Trying to work out the budget to do this soon, in 2018.

So.....what are the steps to get in? I've had a GoBison account for yeeeaarrs, but my Wife & Daughter have their own accts, & they've always had luck logging in to get those 8am, or 6pm ticket releases!

I'm an '86-grad Alumni, & actually had a couple PE classes from Mr. Simmers! He bugged me a few times to try out for Football, but I had MCL surgery in High-School (Finley-Sharon!) Nov 1978. I was too scared at the time of re-injuring it, so I never did....Uffda! I was about 6'3", 250lbs at the time. Then in 9/2014, got a NEW knee...the same one operated on in '78. So now....I've got a new MESH MCL, & Dr moved the original "pretty beat up" MCL a little!

Thanks for any help!
Faron

$1000 won't get you a sniff, but you will probably get 8 end zone nose bleeds before the general public can buy.

tjbison
12-20-2017, 03:24 PM

Thanks for any help!
Faron

that would only put you at 20 points, not going to cut it

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2017, 03:27 PM

Thanks for any help!
Faron

You may get a teammakers sticker for that. Oh wait, they didn't even send me my sticker this year.

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2017, 03:30 PM
I have a team maker sticker for my 50 dollar minimum donation every April for season tickets. I wear it on my truck proudly

StL Bison Fan
12-20-2017, 03:47 PM
Give what you can to a good cause.
You might not get season tickets but your donation is important and not just for football.

Gully
12-20-2017, 03:49 PM
Also, you have to start somewhere. One year of giving isn't going to mean you'll pass people that have been donating for decades, but it will build up your points over a few years.

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Also, you have to start somewhere. One year of giving isn't going to mean you'll pass people that have been donating for decades, but it will build up your points over a few years.

What happens at death? Are all the points wiped out?

Mr Meaty
12-20-2017, 04:16 PM

Thanks for any help!
Faron

1 point for every $50 so 20 points for you. It is a start. This will allow you a chance at single game tickets before the general public.

StL Bison Fan
12-20-2017, 04:17 PM
What happens at death? Are all the points wiped out?

I gave them a letter that my points and seats go to my kids

tjbison
12-20-2017, 04:20 PM

but it has to stay in immediate family correct, you cannot transfer seats to friends even though they have been buying with you forever, they should allow a 1 time transfer

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2017, 04:36 PM

So, that is allowed? You can pass on points to your family members?

MAKBison
12-20-2017, 04:37 PM
So, that is allowed? You can pass on points to your family members?

that's what i understand

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2017, 04:40 PM
that's what i understand

I am NOT saying this is bad. I'm asking questions to learn; doesn't that make is hard for low on the pole type to have any "hope" to get any priority season tickets, etc? Just makes me think no one should be donating thinking they will eventually get season tickets.

MAKBison
12-20-2017, 04:45 PM
I am NOT saying this is bad. I'm asking questions to learn; doesn't that make is hard for low on the pole type to have any "hope" to get any priority season tickets, etc? Just makes me think no one should be donating thinking they will eventually get season tickets.

i think it would, but i am sure it is rooted more in legality than anything.

Also you might as well allow it because if you don't people will just buy as a corporation

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2017, 04:50 PM
i think it would, but i am sure it is rooted more in legality than anything.

Also you might as well allow it because if you don't people will just buy as a corporation

I just hope Team Makers is responsible and makes clear to folks priority points really get you very little in regard to football other than a few single game tickets. (BTW corporation point was solid.)

LikeMothers
12-20-2017, 05:01 PM
There was a little bit of discussion earlier in the thread but I wonder how much the increase in standard deduction will affect donations. For many people, their donation will now be coming out of net income instead of gross. Bottom line dollars are the same but many don't see it that way.

For me personally, I'll no longer be able to write off Team Makers donations because I won't be itemizing anymore. I know the effect is the same because of the higher standard deduction, but the donation will just start to feel like less of a bargain or having the added benefit of sticking it to Uncle Sam. I'm not changing my donation but perhaps it'll have an effect on increasing it down the road. It's easy to say you're going to be mathematical and objective about it but everyone's human and decisions are mostly based on emotion.

StL Bison Fan
12-20-2017, 05:17 PM
but it has to stay in immediate family correct, you cannot transfer seats to friends even though they have been buying with you forever, they should allow a 1 time transfer

Correct. BTW don't let my kids know

56BISON73
12-20-2017, 06:21 PM
There was a little bit of discussion earlier in the thread but I wonder how much the increase in standard deduction will affect donations. For many people, their donation will now be coming out of net income instead of gross. Bottom line dollars are the same but many don't see it that way.

For me personally, I'll no longer be able to write off Team Makers donations because I won't be itemizing anymore. I know the effect is the same because of the higher standard deduction, but the donation will just start to feel like less of a bargain or having the added benefit of sticking it to Uncle Sam. I'm not changing my donation but perhaps it'll have an effect on increasing it down the road. It's easy to say you're going to be mathematical and objective about it but everyone's human and decisions are mostly based on emotion.

The donation that is tied to your FB and BB tickets are the only ones effected. Bison Prided, Bison Excellence etc etc will still be deductible so you can still up your donations there. For those that have TM fees that are deductible now but wont be next year you can pay those fees NOW so you right them off on this years taxes.(plus state taxes and real estate taxes)

LikeMothers
12-20-2017, 06:43 PM
The donation that is tied to your FB and BB tickets are the only ones effected. Bison Prided, Bison Excellence etc etc will still be deductible so you can still up your donations there. For those that have TM fees that are deductible now but wont be next year you can pay those fees NOW so you right them off on this years taxes.(plus state taxes and real estate taxes)

I shouldn't have written "not be able to deduct". I meant fewer people will be itemizing because of the higher standard deduction. I could deduct them, but would be a fool to itemize when the standard deduction gets me a lower tax bill. Thus, they're not deductible. Then, the emotional affect on decision making of not having that deduction kicks in to some degree.

Maybe I should be bumping things up by $5k a year to solve this dilemma.:biggrin:

Gully
12-20-2017, 06:45 PM
I just hope Team Makers is responsible and makes clear to folks priority points really get you very little in regard to football other than a few single game tickets. (BTW corporation point was solid.)

Well that's true if you have only donated enough to get a few priority points, but over time they really add up.

MNLonghorn10
12-20-2017, 06:45 PM
I shouldn't have written "not be able to deduct". I meant fewer people will be itemizing because of the higher standard deduction. I could deduct them, but would be a fool to itemize when the standard deduction gets me a lower tax bill. Thus, they're not deductible. Then, the emotional affect on decision making of not having that deduction kicks in to some degree.

Maybe I should be bumping things up by $5k a year to solve this dilemma.[emoji3]Um. Can you please repeat the part that you said all about the...ummm..things?

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2017, 06:51 PM
Well that's true if you have only donated enough to get a few priority points, but over time they really add up.

Not really. I'm at a level well over the minimum, and I am still am a nothing and been a member since 2011. I am NOT mad about that; just a fact and I have no expectation to ever get season tickets. I am happy getting my sticker, taking my tax deduction, and getting my single game tickets. Since I have the right friends and have reserved tailgating, I am pretty good on getting the tickets I need.

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2017, 06:54 PM

Maybe I should be bumping things up by $5k a year to solve this dilemma.:biggrin:

I guess you need to buy a house. :)

LikeMothers
12-20-2017, 07:56 PM

You get an additional point for each consecutive year, too.

LikeMothers
12-20-2017, 08:00 PM
I guess you need to buy a house. :)

The more you spend the more you save!

With money basically free right now, you're probably right.

Mr Meaty
12-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Here is a question for someone to answer, since I do not know it. What do students pay in activity fees? I know this goes towards the wellness center and probably other things. But is any of this put into the athletic fund, TM, FCOA or schollies? Maybe the students could get some PP for the fees they pay while in school and this may help retain them after graduation. I will hang up and listen to the response.

56BISON73
12-20-2017, 09:42 PM
The more you spend the more you save!

With money basically free right now, you're probably right.

Just dont go over 750K and youre go to go!

bisonaudit
12-21-2017, 02:00 AM
Here is a question for someone to answer, since I do not know it. What do students pay in activity fees? I know this goes towards the wellness center and probably other things. But is any of this put into the athletic fund, TM, FCOA or schollies? Maybe the students could get some PP for the fees they pay while in school and this may help retain them after graduation. I will hang up and listen to the response.

Student fees contributed to the athletic department budget roughly track with the face value of the student section seats in the fargodome including the cost of teammakers contributions that would be attached based on section.

Mr Meaty
12-21-2017, 02:54 AM
Student fees contributed to the athletic department budget roughly track with the face value of the student section seats in the fargodome including the cost of teammakers contributions that would be attached based on section.

So over 4 years in school that would be how much? They can not end up with more points than the student athlete letter winners. But here is a way to have them in the system. If they do noting with it well then I can't help.

bisonfanette
12-21-2017, 04:17 AM

I posted this a long time ago (student fees) but I can't remember... will need to look it up. Seems to me that it was in the $400. range?

Fall 2017 = Full time, 12 or more credits = $497. (Wellness center is $150.)

HerdBot
01-18-2018, 02:23 PM
Teammakers check was 4.2 million, I think last year it was 4.3. Have we peaked? Bison 1660 made over 100k so the numbers should be similar. Wonder if people donated to things like the locker room so is money coming from other areas?

EC8CH
01-18-2018, 02:42 PM
Teammakers check was 4.2 million, I think last year it was 4.3. Have we peaked? Bison 1660 made over 100k so the numbers should be similar. Wonder if people donated to things like the locker room so is money coming from other areas?

Possible drop in Team Makers fees due to basketball season tickets not being renewed? Just a guess.

roadwarrior
01-18-2018, 02:43 PM
The check represents the amount Teammakers gives to NDSU for scholarships. It doesn't represent the entire amount raised by Teammakers in any given year. And remember there are numerous endowed scholarships that contribute to the cost of the athletic scholarships also. This money does not flow through the Teammaker organization. It comes from the NDSU Foundation.

HerdBot
01-18-2018, 02:45 PM
Possible drop in Team Makers fees due to basketball season tickets not being renewed? Just a guess.

Possibly, with the crappy team and the seat situation, can't help. I know any growth we see will be driven by basketball.

NDSU1980
01-19-2018, 02:33 AM
I see they updated the donor names in mid Dec. I was under the impression that you would be recognized for your total amount donated including COA? I gave $250 towards TM and $750 to COA, yet on the list I'm in the Green and Gold category which I think is $250. I know this was brought up last year and I though someone said they were going to list everything, not just the TM membership. Anyone know anything on this?

Honeybooboo
01-19-2018, 03:10 AM
I see they updated the donor names in mid Dec. I was under the impression that you would be recognized for your total amount donated including COA? I gave $250 towards TM and $750 to COA, yet on the list I'm in the Green and Gold category which I think is $250. I know this was brought up last year and I though someone said they were going to list everything, not just the TM membership. Anyone know anything on this?

the money is there, if the recognition is the most important thing you may be doing it wrong

I would love to see anyone going to games to donate at least $50 thats pretty small to ask and can go a long ways. Im pretty sure Im the only person to donate above the seat fee in my group but the damn fun ive had doing it is great

56BISON73
01-19-2018, 04:58 AM

I noticed that they have an updated members list but dont know if the points have been updated. I checked my account and they hadnt. You may want to call for clarification. They will eventually get it done. I think they tabulate TM donations first. Then they figure the other funds. Plus you have a lot of folks who paid their TM dues early to take advantage of the tax rules. So that may also be the slow down.

56BISON73
01-19-2018, 05:02 AM
the money is there, if the recognition is the most important thing you may be doing it wrong

I would love to see anyone going to games to donate at least $50 thats pretty small to ask and can go a long ways. Im pretty sure Im the only person to donate above the seat fee in my group but the damn fun ive had doing it is great

The recognition of what he speaks is to have all of the donations count for priority points. Last year that wasnt so.
One needs to keep track because those points are important for season tickets and parking spots for tailgate.

Mr Meaty
01-22-2018, 07:22 PM
I went through the current list of TM members. I did not see many players from all sports that competed for the Bison in the last 10 years. Now to be fair the last name of the women student athletes could have changed if they got married. It has been brought up here before about the "regular" student not joining TM after graduation. Question I will ask is how many student athletes that are direct recipients from the money that TM raises, how many of them have joined. They get 100 PP right away and should be able to do $100/y membership (or more). Just a question I will put out there. Before anyone wants to fire back at me , also realize the commitment all of them had while competing on behalf of NDSU while still taking care of their education.

56BISON73
01-22-2018, 11:24 PM
I went through the current list of TM members. I did not see many players from all sports that competed for the Bison in the last 10 years. Now to be fair the last name of the women student athletes could have changed if they got married. It has been brought up here before about the "regular" student not joining TM after graduation. Question I will ask is how many student athletes that are direct recipients from the money that TM raises, how many of them have joined. They get 100 PP right away and should be able to do $100/y membership (or more). Just a question I will put out there. Before anyone wants to fire back at me , also realize the commitment all of them had while competing on behalf of NDSU while still taking care of their education.

Off the top of my head I know at least 7 guys I played with who donated 2,500.00 to the locker room fund. There is another at least 20 players I know who played after me who donated 2,500.00 as well.

After leaving NDSU students are looking to find there way in life. I wouldnt look to having a lot of former players join TM right out of the box. Life gets busy not only family wise but career as well.

Bison"FANatic"
01-22-2018, 11:54 PM
https://bisonfpa.com

56BISON73
01-23-2018, 12:11 AM

I was just going to bring this up. With this new org I think TM might get a few more young members that were former players.

Mr Meaty
01-23-2018, 02:34 AM

Since I never played was not aware this existed. Good to know. Players have bonds that last forever.

bisonfanette
01-23-2018, 03:49 AM

Finally reading this last page -
Our daughter is a senior... (going to grad school)... will she receive any info about TMer's before or after she graduates? 5 years after she graduates? Etc.

Mr Meaty
01-23-2018, 01:05 PM
Finally reading this last page -
Our daughter is a senior... (going to grad school)... will she receive any info about TMer's before or after she graduates? 5 years after she graduates? Etc.

She has you though!!!! But yes all students need to get this information. Like I said a simple $100 a year contribution will not break them. Does it get them anything? Nothing really, except for the feeling of helping their school continue to excel on athletics. TM can do better and MUST do better.

56BISON73
01-23-2018, 06:54 PM
She has you though!!!! But yes all students need to get this information. Like I said a simple $100 a year contribution will not break them. Does it get them anything? Nothing really, except for the feeling of helping their school continue to excel on athletics. TM can do better and MUST do better.

Will 100.00 break them? Dont know but I wont try to determine what their priorities are at that time. Fact is if you want to be a TM you have to care about NDSU athletics. You also have to have the resources to throw away 100.00 for nothing in return. I just dont think its a priority with the majority of students.
If you hand out a pamphlet to a new grad my bet is 99.9999999999% go in the shit can at the first opportunity.

I dont know what the answer is. They have tried student engagement with a student TM group but I havent heard anything about it in a couple of years. Heck they had a hard time getting students to pick up there tickets.

HerdBot
01-23-2018, 07:51 PM
Will 100.00 break them? Dont know but I wont try to determine what their priorities are at that time. Fact is if you want to be a TM you have to care about NDSU athletics. You also have to have the resources to throw away 100.00 for nothing in return. I just dont think its a priority with the majority of students.
If you hand out a pamphlet to a new grad my bet is 99.9999999999% go in the shit can at the first opportunity.

I dont know what the answer is. They have tried student engagement with a student TM group but I havent heard anything about it in a couple of years. Heck they had a hard time getting students to pick up there tickets.

If we have a tough time giving away tickets during an epic run of 6 National Championships in 7 years, there are obviously plenty of students who don't give a shit. That's OK not everyone does. I think you need the students to become fans before they are passionate enough to donate money. Getting them in the door is step 1. Seems to be a smarter path.

And then targeting students who graduated within 1-5 years and have been to games would be smart. Most college kids are broke and grads have jobs.

56BISON73
01-23-2018, 07:55 PM
If we have a tough time giving away tickets during an epic run of 6 National Championships in 7 years, there are obviously plenty of students who don't give a shit. That's OK not everyone does. I think you need the students to become fans before they are passionate enough to donate money. Getting them in the door is step 1. Seems to be a smarter path.

And then targeting seniors who graduated within 1-5 years and have been to games would be smart. Most college kids are broke

With students everything is fluid. You cant count on them for anything except for being inconsistent.

HerdBot
01-23-2018, 08:20 PM
With students everything is fluid. You cant count on them for anything except for being inconsistent.

Yeah that's true. The thing is most (or many) current fans were once students and even though there are many who are disengaged, the total number of students at games is certainly much bigger than when I went to NDSU. I would be curious what percentage of TM are by age and what percentage moves? Connecting to a millennial is certainly different than fans who are older. I would guess social media would be big.

56BISON73
01-23-2018, 08:24 PM
Yeah that's true. The thing is most (or many) current fans were once students and even though there are many who are disengaged, the total number of students at games is certainly much bigger than when I went to NDSU. I would be curious what percentage of TM are by age and what percentage moves? Connecting to a millennial is certainly different than fans who are older. I would guess social media would be big.

Its all about priorities and resources.

HerdBot
01-23-2018, 08:30 PM
Its all about priorities and resources.

I agree. If the resources aren't there, it's best to spend most of the time with the top resources.

BattleBorn
01-24-2018, 06:23 PM
I have the solution: stickers taped to the backs of student section seats with a QR code and sexy hashtag!

CAS4127
01-24-2018, 06:39 PM
How about a TM 50/50 raffle just for students who attend game. The could sell them for 2 bucks or something. At least exposes them to TMs. Just a thought.

BattleBorn
01-24-2018, 07:10 PM
How about a TM 50/50 raffle just for students who attend game. The could sell them for 2 bucks or something. At least exposes them to TMs. Just a thought.

I like it! Do you have legal issues though for the rare student that may be <18?

HerdBot
01-24-2018, 08:22 PM

That's a great idea. Or maybe tuition credit so you don't have to deal with under 18?

bisonfanette
01-24-2018, 08:48 PM

I guess this doesn't only apply to the Ndsu students ... there are Bison fans (even on message boards/non-season ticket holders) who don't contribute the minimum $100. to be a TM.
They seem to be highly interested in Bison athletics, attending games & Bison events etc.
Tidbit: Before Frisco, I think we all knew of ppl who were looking for tickets... well, one season ticket holder told me he would "share/sell" his Frisco tickets to ppl who were TMers.
He said that when it comes to playoff tickets & Nat'l Champ tickets, that's what he does. I thought that was interesting & quite honestly understandable. To each their own.

Hammerhead
01-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Will 100.00 break them? Fact is if you want to be a TM you have to care about NDSU athletics. You also have to have the resources to throw away 100.00 for nothing in return

I wouldn't say you get nothing. We do get first crack at single-game football tickets and knowing we make a small contribution to help fund athletics. You have to start building priority points somewhere.

BisonNation11
01-26-2018, 08:44 PM
For what it's worth, purchase season tickets for another sport. You gain priority points for every year you have season tickets plus points for consecutive seasons. If they call for a Team Makers fee, you just added an easy 3-4 points each season, you now have tickets to a Bison sporting event that you can do whatever with (aka sell and get your money back but reap the rewards of the priority points) and know that you're making a difference with the athletic department. We don't make every basketball game and try our best to get our seats used, but we do love going. We're seriously considering adding volleyball season tickets knowing we probably won't make half the matches. But we enjoy the atmosphere and want to know we have these tickets/opportunities in the future. Plus, we love the thought of gaining points faster without additional donations outside of ticket prices. Obviously we want people to join Team Makers, but you can gain points in other ways than just donating.

gumby013
02-20-2018, 03:25 PM
Just found out Amazon will donate 0.5% of purchases made through https://smile.amazon.com/

NDSU Teammakers is an option when you set it up.

I make a lot of purchases through Amazon already, so it made sense for me.

NDSU1980
02-21-2018, 01:03 AM
Just found out Amazon will donate 0.5% of purchases made through https://smile.amazon.com/

NDSU Teammakers is an option when you set it up.

I make a lot of purchases through Amazon already, so it made sense for me.

Been in existence for some time now. I know I set that up over a year ago on my account

NDSU1980
02-24-2018, 04:24 PM
I got my TM dues letter today along with the single game ticket request form. I see they are making a much needed change in how the single game tickets are allocated. How many tickets you can request is based on how much you give annually. $100 and 250 gets you 6 tickets; 500 and 1000 gets 8; 1500 and 2500 gets 10; and 5000 up to 21400 gets 12.

I actually think the $100 guys are still getting too good a deal but at least it's a step in the right direction. I have to wonder how they are going to rank the awarding of tickets though. Say a $2500 donor has 10 tickets allocated to his first 5 games and on his sixth choice it comes down to him and a $100 donor who hasn't been allocated anything yet or has tickets for one other game. Does the bigger donor get them or the little guy? You can bet there won't be nearly enough tickets to meet the requests.

It also including a little flyer that says "Seating obligations will no longer be tax deductible".

roadwarrior
02-25-2018, 12:56 AM
It also including a little flyer that says "Seating obligations will no longer be tax deductible".

Which is due to the change made by Congress.

Hammerhead
03-02-2018, 02:54 PM
It would be interesting to see how many members are like us who don't have season tickets to football games. I can't remember if they limited us to 6 tickets last season or if there were only 3 home games we could attend so we only requested 6 tickets.

I got my TM dues letter today along with the single game ticket request form. I see they are making a much needed change in how the single game tickets are allocated. How many tickets you can request is based on how much you give annually. $100 and 250 gets you 6 tickets; 500 and 1000 gets 8; 1500 and 2500 gets 10; and 5000 up to 21400 gets 12.

I actually think the $100 guys are still getting too good a deal but at least it's a step in the right direction. I have to wonder how they are going to rank the awarding of tickets though. Say a $2500 donor has 10 tickets allocated to his first 5 games and on his sixth choice it comes down to him and a $100 donor who hasn't been allocated anything yet or has tickets for one other game. Does the bigger donor get them or the little guy? You can bet there won't be nearly enough tickets to meet the requests.

BisonTeacher
03-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Last year you could request up to 8.

BisonTeacher
03-26-2018, 09:45 PM
I like the color of the team makers car stickers this year.

Hammerhead
04-02-2018, 05:35 PM
I like the color of the team makers car stickers this year.

What do they look like? I still have to send in my payment and single-game football tickets request once we decide which games we want to see.

BisonTeacher
04-02-2018, 05:36 PM
What do they look like? I still have to send in my payment and single-game football tickets request once we decide which games we want to see.

They're yellow instead of green.

Bison bison
04-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Which is due to the change made by Congress.

They should have never been tax deductible. If you're getting a benefit, it's not charity...

CAS4127
04-06-2018, 02:03 PM
For all those that bitch about poor communication of TM and athletic department—click it and get on it—> https://twitter.com/collegead/status/982223924070002688

TransAmBison
04-06-2018, 02:31 PM
For all those that bitch about poor communication of TM and athletic department—click it and get on it—> https://twitter.com/collegead/status/982223924070002688

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf only they would let me be in charge...we'd have some unique advertisements...but alas, I do not have the 5 yrs marketing experience...

unbison
04-06-2018, 10:48 PM
If only they would let me be in charge...we'd have some unique advertisements...but alas, I do not have the 5 yrs marketing experience...

Lakes is on the short list for sure

SDbison
04-07-2018, 11:43 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk This job will likely go to some big donor's wife. NDSU and the anti growth, anti alcohol, look at me I am a big shot group could give a shit about the average fan. They just want to wine and dine and pat themselves on the back. Status quo and no risk taking is what they are all about.

NorthernBison
04-08-2018, 01:41 AM
This job will likely go to some big donor's wife. NDSU and the anti growth, anti alcohol, look at me I am a big shot group could give a shit about the average fan. They just want to wine and dine and pat themselves on the back. Status quo and no risk taking is what they are all about.

I’m guessing you have no knowledge of the history of this position. Big shoes to fill.

It will not go how you predicted.

56BISON73
04-08-2018, 02:13 AM
This job will likely go to some big donor's wife. NDSU and the anti growth, anti alcohol, look at me I am a big shot group could give a shit about the average fan. They just want to wine and dine and pat themselves on the back. Status quo and no risk taking is what they are all about.

Come on SD. This is your big chance. You could get out of SD and move to Fargo. Just think--- after youve been in that position for a very short time Im sure everyone will realize the vast knowledge that you possess in running a D1 athletic dept. Im sure you will move up the ladder very quickly.

ML better warm up the bus.

unbison
04-08-2018, 02:50 AM
I’m guessing you have no knowledge of the history of this position. Big shoes to fill.

It will not go how you predicted.

I don’t know the history please inform me

NorthernBison
04-08-2018, 03:18 AM
I don’t know the history please inform me

It’s not a Team Makers position. Whoever is hired will have a hard time matching the job done by the young man who they are replacing.

CAS4127
04-08-2018, 03:41 AM
It’s not a Team Makers position. Whoever is hired will have a hard time matching the job done by the young man who they are replacing.

Pretty sure the hire is meant to ultimately replace Simmers.

roadwarrior
04-08-2018, 04:15 AM
Pretty sure the hire is meant to ultimately replace Simmers.

Pretty sure this is to replace Justin Swanson.

NorthernBison
04-08-2018, 12:48 PM

Yes. Big shoes to fill. But, new blood and new ideas and energy can be a good thing.

Honeybooboo
04-08-2018, 03:57 PM

yep, this is exactly what it is, it isn't a New position

unbison
04-08-2018, 05:52 PM

Ok that’s the history .... not very remarkable history really

Bison"FANatic"
04-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Some people forget where we were just 5 years ago.

56BISON73
04-08-2018, 06:34 PM

Yep.........

imabison
04-08-2018, 06:54 PM

Knowing the person who did the job, he was kept quite busy. Not just on campus.

NorthernBison
04-08-2018, 07:10 PM

I guess you haven’t been paying attention. If the next person in the job is like SD predicts, there will be a lot more bitching about the fan experience and whatnot. We will see.

Then again, some people are always bitching about something.

EndZoneQB
04-08-2018, 08:20 PM

So we can't expect more? Never understood this attitude.

Bison"FANatic"
04-08-2018, 09:12 PM

Not respecting what someone has done? That's fine if you see it only that way. I disagree but that is your prerogative.

TAILG8R
04-08-2018, 09:37 PM

It's called growing up Midwestern. Be grateful for what you have and don't you dare have the ungrateful bravado to ask for anything more.

NorthernBison
04-08-2018, 09:50 PM

Any shortfalls did not come from this position.

PattyBison
04-08-2018, 10:12 PM

I took it more as appreciation of how much we have advanced as opposed to a statement that says we don't have any more to achieve.

SDbison
04-08-2018, 11:50 PM
The coaches and players achieved the recent and past success. Not some bureaucratic position that gets little or nothing done. The current leadership (AD, NDSU Pres, Teammakers etc. live in the past. Where are the future plans? How about expanding tailgate area? Just lack of action and excuses.

56BISON73
04-09-2018, 12:12 AM
The coaches and players achieved the recent and past success. Not some bureaucratic position that gets little or nothing done. The current leadership (AD, NDSU Pres, Teammakers etc. live in the past. Where are the future plans? How about expanding tailgate area? Just lack of action and excuses.

Just a wild guess on my part but I would bet that the admin that you name are more focused on putting our athletes in a position to be successful than worrying about giving more people the opportunity to drink. I think its called priorities. But thats just a guess on my part.:)

56BISON73
04-09-2018, 12:13 AM
I took it more as appreciation of how much we have advanced as opposed to a statement that says we don't have any more to achieve.

Thats the way I took it also.

unbison
04-09-2018, 12:42 AM
I’m saying it’s five years of history not really that long of a history I thought there was some amazing back story I hadn’t heard

NDSU1980
04-09-2018, 12:48 AM

So what happened to Swanson?

56BISON73
04-09-2018, 12:54 AM
I’m saying it’s five years of history not really that long of a history I thought there was some amazing back story I hadn’t heard

Im sure there is a backstory as we moved through our transition and successes. The workload on a few individuals became enormous and new positions were created for specific job titles and responsibilities. Then there are backstories for each position as well as it was developed and the progress it made.
But Im sure Im boring you as you really didnt give a shit in the first place.:biggrin:

56BISON73
04-09-2018, 12:55 AM

Moved up to the foundation I think.

PattyBison
04-09-2018, 01:27 AM

This is correct.

Bison 4 Life
04-09-2018, 05:01 PM
That job is a marketing job. It will go to someone with a marketing or PR background. It's a professional position, not honorary.

CyPanth
04-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Is he the guy who rents entire lots for your tailgating at stadiums where you are the visiting team? If so, I hope he got fired! That guy did his job too well in my opinion!

CAS4127
04-09-2018, 05:13 PM

Maybe him not being in AD’s office was reason behind the delayed Spring Game tailgate decision. Would that have been in his/that position’s portfolio perhaps?

StL Bison Fan
04-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Maybe him not being in AD’s office was reason behind the delayed Spring Game tailgate decision. Would that have been in his/that position’s portfolio perhaps?

The title is Fan Engagement, so perhaps. One of the requirements preferred is 5 years of marketing.

56BISON73
04-10-2018, 01:13 AM

Why do you think the tailgate decision was delayed?

CAS4127
04-10-2018, 02:02 AM
Why do you think the tailgate decision was delayed?

Because it wasn’t included in release of Spring Game details as it had been in the past. Don’t even start with this, Pat. I don’t think it’s coincidence that it came out a day or so after I talked with a Matt Lien directly two times about it and informed him that fans/TMs were wondering and upset.

56BISON73
04-10-2018, 02:51 AM
Because it wasn’t included in release of Spring Game details as it had been in the past. Don’t even start with this, Pat. I don’t think it’s coincidence that it came out a day or so after I talked with a Matt Lien directly two times about it and informed him that fans/TMs were wondering and upset.

I always figured it was a given that there would be a tailgate considering all the activities that were planned. The other possibility was they were waiting to see IF there really going to be a spring game considering all of the surgerys. I dont think the decision was delayed in as much as the announcement depending on circumstances.

CAS4127
04-10-2018, 03:05 AM
I always figured it was a given that there would be a tailgate considering all the activities that were planned. The other possibility was they were waiting to see IF there really going to be a spring game considering all of the surgerys. I dont think the decision was delayed in as much as the announcement depending on circumstances.

Doesn’t make sense—once they knew there was gonna be a game, why not tailgate with the original release. I’m not sure whether they appreciate fully the camaraderie that is developed among fans/TMs during tailgate. It’s our chance to share thoughts, memories, etc., and it, IMO, motivates people to donate. Consider how much is made just with 50/50 raffle.

Plus I can give SDBison shit about him not donating enough to really have a voice!! Blah!!!!

PattyBison
04-10-2018, 10:24 AM

Swanson's last day in the Athletic Department was 3/30. So no, I think it is unrelated to the tailgating conspiracy.

CAS4127
04-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Swanson's last day in the Athletic Department was 3/30. So no, I think it is unrelated to the tailgating conspiracy.

Right, and the SG in 4/20. If he was in charge of organizing, implementing and overseeing, then his departure and no one hired to fill his position wouldn’t be “unrelated”. And I’m not suggesting there was a “conspiracy”, I’m saying NDSU may have had a legit reason not to want to deal with SG tailgating.

TransAmBison
04-10-2018, 02:22 PM
Right, and the SG in 4/20. If he was in charge of organizing, implementing and overseeing, then his departure and no one hired to fill his position wouldn’t be “unrelated”. And I’m not suggesting there was a “conspiracy”, I’m saying NDSU may have had a legit reason not to want to deal with SG tailgating.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAgreed. Either they dropped the ball, or there was intent. Maybe they were going to try to get away from having to hire security for the parking lot by not advertising it?

PattyBison
04-10-2018, 02:25 PM

The spring game plans were announced well before his departure.

CAS4127
04-10-2018, 02:33 PM
The spring game plans were announced well before his departure.

Good God, do I have to spell it out completely? They knew he was leaving and that the position wouldn't be filled or would be filled with by someone who had never handled TG before. Couple that with the fact the SG announcement was well before his departure buttresses my position as apposed to undermining it.

Here--> Swanson/his position in charge of all things tailgate for SG. He wasn't going to be available to organize, implement and or oversee it, and his position would not be filled before hand, or would be filled with someone who has never handled TG before and would have a very short period of time to get everything in place. Hence, nothing about tailgating with original SG announcement/info. release, because they didn't have anyone to get it done.

NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!

PattyBison
04-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Good God, do I have to spell it out completely? They knew he was leaving and that the position wouldn't be filled or would be filled with by someone who had never handled TG before. Couple that with the fact the SG announcement was well before his departure buttresses my position as apposed to undermining it.

Here--> Swanson/his position in charge of all things tailgate for SG. He wasn't going to be available to organize, implement and or oversee it, and his position would not be filled before hand, or would be filled with someone who has never handled TG before and would have a very short period of time to get everything in place. Hence, nothing about tailgating with original SG announcement/info. release, because they didn't have anyone to get it done.

NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!

I'm not dumb and I don't buy it. People leave positions all the time. Life goes on. Other people fill in.

HerdBot
04-10-2018, 10:09 PM
I'm not dumb and I don't buy it. People leave positions all the time. Life goes on. Other people fill in.

Yep. Its called having a transition plan which is something we failed at. I mean, I can't name a single business that can't operate if they lose 1 person. It's not like there wasn't a blueprint in place

56BISON73
04-11-2018, 03:39 AM
Yep. Its called having a transition plan which is something we failed at. I mean, I can't name a single business that can't operate if they lose 1 person. It's not like there wasn't a blueprint in place

We failed at what??? Damn drama queen. JFC

westnodak93bison
04-11-2018, 01:42 PM
Who decided to have the spring game on a Friday night?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

unbison
04-11-2018, 01:45 PM
Who decided to have the spring game on a Friday night?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Idk but I love it!

Mr Meaty
04-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Idk but I love it!

Well I know some that are not living it and I am in the group. Just my opinion.

CyPanth
04-11-2018, 03:11 PM

"Living, loving . . . she's just a spring game!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSM9zc3SsuM

unbison
04-11-2018, 03:22 PM

Why is everything so negative with some on here.... Friday nights are fun... enjoy it

PattyBison
04-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Why is everything so negative with some on here.... Friday nights are fun... enjoy it

For perspective, the Gophers moved their spring game to Thursday night and Iowa State, Michigan, and Wisconsin just cancelled theirs.

Honeybooboo
04-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Mcfeeley talking about the New Season ticket section, says it BS to take away because the student section is "generally Full"

Starting a controversy where there really isn't one

roadwarrior
04-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Mcfeeley talking about the New Season ticket section, says it BS to take away because the student section is "generally Full"

Starting a controversy where there really isn't one

McFeely apparently isn't aware the sections were full because tickets were released to the general public.

BisBison
04-11-2018, 10:17 PM
McFeely apparently isn't aware the sections were full because tickets were released to the general public.

Are you saying McFooly would say something without doing any research to see if it's true?

unbison
04-11-2018, 10:50 PM
Are you saying a talk radio host would say something without doing any research to see if it's true?

Fixed it for you

BisBison
04-12-2018, 12:37 AM
Fixed it for you
Thanks, silly me.

Mr Meaty
04-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Are you saying McFooly would say something without doing any research to see if it's true?

Kolpack has a revised article with more detail on the ticket deal. IMO good deal for everyone.

roadwarrior
08-22-2018, 07:03 PM
I received a 3' by 5' NDSU Team Makers flag in the mail yesterday. After checking the website, apparently this is a new benefit this year for those giving over $1500.

Bison bison
08-22-2018, 07:19 PM
I received a 3' by 5' NDSU Team Makers flag in the mail yesterday. After checking the website, apparently this is a new benefit this year for those giving over $1500.

!

Why was I not told of this! I would have given another $1 for a flag!!!

:)

CAS4127
08-23-2018, 03:23 AM

My mailbox was empty today!? WTF?

56BISON73
08-23-2018, 03:46 AM
My mailbox was empty today!? WTF?

Might take ours a little longer.

NDSU1980
08-24-2018, 03:20 AM

Well PS, I'll be waiting. Sound good to me.

bri-dog
08-24-2018, 02:03 PM
I'm waiting for 13 flags. One for me, as a watch party host. And one for my local bar/restaurant, who is now a Team Makers member. And 11 more -- one to give away each week, as well as 11 koozies, 11 stocking hats, and 11 Yeti-type cups.

This is what Team Makers is doing for watch party sites that become Team Makers this year. And I have a commitment again from Anheuser-Busch for a grand prize (last year was a smoker/grill).