PDA

View Full Version : UND to join Summit/MVFC

Jay
01-24-2017, 07:16 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4204979-sources-und-set-leave-big-sky-conference

HoopsBison
01-24-2017, 07:17 PM
It was always going to happen. Was just a matter of when.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

StL Bison Fan
01-24-2017, 07:22 PM
I am shocked. Shocked! Why in the world are they leaving the best conference in the whole world?!

tony
01-24-2017, 07:23 PM
If enough big mouth UND supporters start yapping, maybe the Legislature will step in and prevent this from happening ala "UND and the Big Sky: It's the Law."

Because that would be awesome... ly funny.

Grand Forks Herald headline: "MVFC and Summit Finally Legitimized With Addition of UND."
Bismarck Tribune editorial: NDSU defeated again! Just like when NDSU kept UND from going DI, NDSU has failed to stop UND from joining their conference.
KFGO segments: "Let's talk about how this is great for the state of North Dakota and, hold on, I'm going to segue into bitching about Chapman, Taylor, and Bresciani. <30 minutes later> Let's face it, the only reason NDSU is any good at anything is that UND wasn't in the same conference."

tjbison
01-24-2017, 07:27 PM
meh...it's a good thing really, they will actually get to play good teams, and plus another home game for us...ha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
01-24-2017, 07:27 PM
SCREW THIS! IM DONE . NO FBS & THIS CRAP? Hello Minnesota Gophers.

THIS MAKES US DIVISION 2 AGAIN. WE ARE IN THE NCC AGAIN.

IF THE NDSU ADMIN WONT GROW THE ATHLETICS DEPT THEN FIRE MATT LARSON & GET SOMEONE IN THERE TO BACK UP NDSUS MOTTO "BRING ON THE COMPETITION"... YEA RIGHT. WE ARE DOWNGRADING

NDSU & UNI & Eastern Schools should vote NO for MVFC

EricB
01-24-2017, 07:30 PM
Now we can be in the same conference as our buddies to the south. I think it's a good idea. I went to the NDSU and UND basketball game in December and it was great time.

ByeSonBusiness
01-24-2017, 07:31 PM
SCREW THIS! IM DONE . NO FBS & THIS CRAP? Hello Minnesota Gophers.

Preach El chapo. Ski U.

NDSUstudent
01-24-2017, 07:32 PM
RIP Star2volley.....

THEsocalledfan
01-24-2017, 07:44 PM
RIP Star2volley.....

Poor guys head must be exploded by now.

Bisonator98
01-24-2017, 07:49 PM
I can see the move to the Summit but since when did the MVFC vote on adding UND? Did I miss that??:confused:

tony
01-24-2017, 07:52 PM
I can see the move to the Summit but since when did the MVFC vote on adding UND? Did I miss that??:confused:

Sounds like the MVFC is voting later this week. GFH makes it sounds like a formality.

Bison03
01-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Was only a matter of time. UND had to make the move for cost reasons. It will be good for scheduling with an even number in the Summit. It will be great to play UND every year in football. Only downfall is not playing now 2 Valley teams in a season. I wonder who will be the odd man out in our protected games we will play every year. Right now it is SDSU and UNI. I would assume UND/NDSU will be played every year. SDSU or UNI game might not be played in a season, that will be weird. Maybe in those years, we can schedule a non-conference game with whoever is left off the conference schedule.

Trumpster
01-24-2017, 08:00 PM
Was only a matter of time. UND had to make the move for cost reasons. It will be good for scheduling with an even number in the Summit. It will be great to play UND every year in football. Only downfall is not playing now 2 Valley teams in a season. I wonder who will be the odd man out in our protected games we will play every year. Right now it is SDSU and UNI. I would assume UND/NDSU will be played every year. SDSU or UNI game might not be played in a season, that will be weird. Maybe in those years, we can schedule a non-conference game with whoever is left off the conference schedule.

The Eastern schools could be pulling a fast one where we they get to miss out on 2 of NDSU, SDSU, UNI, USD, UND. I'm sure whomever misses 2 of the 3 of NDSU, SDSU, and UNI would absolutely love that.

Bison"FANatic"
01-24-2017, 08:01 PM
But but I thought it was the slummit???

siouxfan512
01-24-2017, 08:03 PM
But but I thought it was the slummit???

Yeah, there are still plenty of people complaining about it. Not sure why. It makes way more sense from a travel and rivalry standpoint. I have enjoyed watching some of the Big Sky competition. MT is always solid. Weber is a perennial power. I think people will adjust quickly. Just need to get to know the new competition and their players.

aces1180
01-24-2017, 08:06 PM
I'm all for UND in the Summit, but I'm not a fan of them joining the MVFC.

ndsubison1
01-24-2017, 08:11 PM
It makes sense to have them in the Summit, but MVFC no need for them.

SDbison
01-24-2017, 08:13 PM
Tired of always having to take care of little brother.

THEsocalledfan
01-24-2017, 08:13 PM
I hope MVFC seriously considers going to a 9 game conference schedule. You'd still have 3 non-cons ever other year, and gives you another solid home game ever other year. Price of B1G being poops and assures we continue to only miss one team.

Hammerhead
01-24-2017, 08:16 PM
With one team moving, both the Big Sky and MVFC get worse. LOL.

Mr Meaty
01-24-2017, 08:17 PM
The Eastern schools could be pulling a fast one where we they get to miss out on 2 of NDSU, SDSU, UNI, USD, UND. I'm sure whomever misses 2 of the 3 of NDSU, SDSU, and UNI would absolutely love that.

That was going to be my question. Are we going to be stuck with these teams all the time?

GRAFTONBISON
01-24-2017, 08:19 PM
I hope MVFC seriously considers going to a 9 game conference schedule. You'd still have 3 non-cons ever other year, and gives you another solid home game ever other year. Price of B1G being poops and assures we continue to only miss one team.
If I remember correctly, the next allowable 12 game season isn't until 2020 something. Certainly not every other year.

Bisonator98
01-24-2017, 08:20 PM
The way I see it we have 3 years to get our shit together and go FBS. At this point I don't care if it's the fricking Sunbelt as long as UND isn't there. Keep the rest of our sports in the Summit.

bisonaudit
01-24-2017, 08:22 PM
That was going to be my question. Are we going to be stuck with these teams all the time?

If you were running the conference is there any chance you'd allow a scheduling regime where teams under 450 miles apart don't play each other every year?

dufferole
01-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Why? They abandoned us. Why let them join us? We made our way while they scorned us. I cannot believe this is happening. A bunch of me toos. Both conferences and SU does not need them. I admit that I am old school and remember all the slights those assholes put on us. I really don't see any advantage for SU.

runtheoption
01-24-2017, 08:23 PM
Over/under on hours until SiouxVolley "theorizes" that the WAC is going to invite a combination of teams from the MVFC / Summit (and Wichita St) to join the conference and go FBS?

bisonaudit
01-24-2017, 08:25 PM
Why? They abandoned us. Why let them join us? We made our way while they scorned us. I cannot believe this is happening. A bunch of me toos. Both conferences and SU does not need them. I admit that I am old school and remember all the slights those assholes put on us. I really don't see any advantage for SU.

The conference does need them. There's a real chance YSU leaves. They're already the most geographically isolated so if that domino falls the conference actually gets more compact by adding UND and subtracting YSU.

Bison bison
01-24-2017, 08:26 PM
9 is better than 10 or 11...

THEsocalledfan
01-24-2017, 08:28 PM
If I remember correctly, the next allowable 12 game season isn't until 2020 something. Certainly not every other year.

Correction, just eliminate 1 non-conf game each year. That non-conf game would alternate if a home or away being cut.

bisonaudit
01-24-2017, 08:28 PM
When the MVFC vote leaks it would be wise for NDSU to be in the 'yes' column... Unless it fails by at least 2 votes.

bisonaudit
01-24-2017, 08:30 PM
9 is better than 10 or 11...

...but 8 is not good at all.

scottietohottie
01-24-2017, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=JJpuxrElTck

dufferole
01-24-2017, 08:49 PM
The conference does need them. There's a real chance YSU leaves. They're already the most geographically isolated so if that domino falls the conference actually gets more compact by adding UND and subtracting YSU.

No they don't need them. There is no need for und anywhere.

Vet70
01-24-2017, 08:52 PM
There goes the neighborhood.

siouxfan512
01-24-2017, 08:54 PM
Over/under on hours until SiouxVolley "theorizes" that the WAC is going to invite a combination of teams from the MVFC / Summit (and Wichita St) to join the conference and go FBS?

This made me laugh, but I'm sure there will be a detailed theory in the next 24 hours.

MNLonghorn10
01-24-2017, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04mfsS0kSfY

HerdBot
01-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Gotta say that this is great news for the Summit. Totally stable now but they need to add baseball.

Not sure what to think about the MVFC

dufferole
01-24-2017, 09:27 PM
Really great news? How can that be? Und has been screwing SU for 70 plus years in fund distribution by the state. When we had the wisdom to go D1, they not only cancelled their SU schedules but openly rooted for our failure. When failure failed, the started their me too act. I cannot believe any SU fan would welcome these assholes in our conferences. I realize I am beating a dead horse so there will be no more ranting on this topic by me.

Answer Guy
01-24-2017, 09:35 PM

Still time to contact your president and urge him to vote No.

bisonaudit
01-24-2017, 09:38 PM
Still time to contact your president and urge him to vote No.

Probably not a good idea.

NDSUstudent
01-24-2017, 09:45 PM
A 9 game conference schedule is a really bad idea when you have a committee of people that pretty much have no idea what SOS is all about. Just making it more difficult for MVFC teams to get into the playoffs.

Also I think it is hilarious that UND fans think the Summit is some kind of step down from the Big Sky, when it comes to BB the Summit is a much stronger league. It goes beyond RPI, the Summit as a whole just has a stronger commitment to basketball success.

The only thing I like about this is not having to hear anymore UND football scheduling debates.

Obviously this whole thing is a huge benefit for UND, their non-hockey sports are now in leagues people in the region actually know and care about. They are now free from the Big Sky abyss.

DePereBisonFan
01-24-2017, 10:00 PM
With one team moving, both the Big Sky and MVFC get worse. LOL.

I see what you did there lol

HerdBot
01-24-2017, 10:08 PM
keith brake is taking calls right now on this on bison1660

ndsubison1
01-24-2017, 10:17 PM
When the MVFC vote leaks it would be wise for NDSU to be in the 'yes' column... Unless it fails by at least 2 votes.

The butthurt would be very entertaining if we voted no

bisonaudit
01-24-2017, 10:18 PM
The butthurt would be very entertaining if we voted no

It would be very something. I'm not sure I would have gone with entertaining. The Legislature is in session.

td577
01-24-2017, 10:39 PM

I could see them protecting 4 games. I don't know how all the math works, but on the western side it is pretty easy. Isn't it 3 now with NDSU, SDSU, UNI, and USD, for example?

Bisonator98
01-24-2017, 10:40 PM
It would be very something. I'm not sure I would have gone with entertaining. The Legislature is in session.

Screw them. They are going to screw NDSU anyway. Bresciani should leave one last bomb by voting no before he takes the Ohio job. That would be hilarious!

bisonpride4ever
01-24-2017, 11:19 PM
Yay it's the NCC all over again...[emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
01-24-2017, 11:27 PM
I get being mad about UND....But.......

Lol at anyone turning to the goofs as alternative because they're tired of how things are run with their own team.

BisonCardinal
01-24-2017, 11:36 PM
This is the keystone for the Summit league. Ever since the MVC took Loyola - Chicago over the Dakota schools, I have thought screw the MVC, we will make our own destiny. The Dakota schools made the NCC thee top Div II league in many sports. With the potential for Wichita State leaving the MVC, the MVC will become a shell of itself. With the Dakota schools investing in new facilities, the Summit conference has a feel of vibrancy that the MVC doesn't.

As far as the the MVFC goes, who gives a crap? 2020 is a long way off. A lot can change.

NDSU1980
01-24-2017, 11:44 PM
This may be the one thing that makes me rethink FBS. Be interesting to see if UN_ could even remotely afford to follow again. Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2017, 12:03 AM
Star2volley has released a statement...

This isn't over yet. The MVFC hasn't voted us in. There is a history of games played between the Slummit and UND, and this wouldn't be the first. The Slummit was just about on a site visit when the Big Sky called and we accepted. Until a contract is signed with the MVFC, it's not over.

It is so unusual to announce such a thing before both conferences have agreed. Something is fishy.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

http://csnbbs.com/thread-806563-post-14027829.html#pid14027829

tony
01-25-2017, 01:04 AM

Your post is so preposterous that you should submit it to ForumComm and get paid $.01 per click. I've even got the headline for you: UND Saves MFVC :)

Christopher Moen
01-25-2017, 01:33 AM
This sounds like a sweet idea. As in cupcake sweet.

Hey Indiana State and Missouri State, the cellar is about to be more crowded in the near future!

JMB
01-25-2017, 01:36 AM
I get being mad about UND....But.......

Lol at anyone turning to the goofs as alternative because they're tired of how things are run with their own team.

Well.. to be fair the Gopher Athletic department is entertaining, just in a very different way. More of a Green Flag on the last lap at Daytona and the cars are all bunched together way....

barnwintersportsengelstad
01-25-2017, 01:50 AM
If enough big mouth UND supporters start yapping, maybe the Legislature will step in and prevent this from happening ala "UND and the Big Sky: It's the Law."

Because that would be awesome... ly funny.

Grand Forks Herald headline: "MVFC and Summit Finally Legitimized With Addition of UND."
Bismarck Tribune editorial: NDSU defeated again! Just like when NDSU kept UND from going DI, NDSU has failed to stop UND from joining their conference.
KFGO segments: "Let's talk about how this is great for the state of North Dakota and, hold on, I'm going to segue into bitching about Chapman, Taylor, and Bresciani. <30 minutes later> Let's face it, the only reason NDSU is any good at anything is that UND wasn't in the same conference."

That's pretty good stuff you have there.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-25-2017, 01:50 AM
The thought of giving those @ssholes up north a way out of their own messed up path irritates me. They always come crawling back, like a crazy ex. I would rather seem them on their own lil island in the Big sky.. wasting every penny of the athletic budget trying to fly to weber state. I would love NDSU to vote no.. and give the big middle finger. The thought of having to play football in that outhouse they call a dome, is the worst nightmare I could ever imagine.

1993bison
01-25-2017, 01:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04mfsS0kSfY
Thanks for wasting 59 seconds of my time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-25-2017, 02:01 AM
Thanks for wasting 59 seconds of my time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for saving 60 of mine

HerdBot
01-25-2017, 02:01 AM
Jeff Cuhane just tweeted this...

@jeffculhane

UND moving to the MVFC & Summit League, give me your thoughts #BisoNation, we'll read your tweets on the show tomorrow on @Bison1660

AKBison
01-25-2017, 02:15 AM
This is the keystone for the Summit league. Ever since the MVC took Loyola - Chicago over the Dakota schools, I have thought screw the MVC, we will make our own destiny. The Dakota schools made the NCC thee top Div II league in many sports. With the potential for Wichita State leaving the MVC, the MVC will become a shell of itself. With the Dakota schools investing in new facilities, the Summit conference has a feel of vibrancy that the MVC doesn't.

As far as the the MVFC goes, who gives a crap? 2020 is a long way off. A lot can change.

Man, I am not sure about all that, but I will drink whatever you are having. There is momentum in the Summit, but it is no MVC and never will be. However, you are right that sans Wichita State the Valley drops a pretty big notch. 5 current schools in the Valley have been to the Final Four and they have their annual MVC-MWC challenge, much like the ACC-B1G Challenge. 5 schools in the Summit have never even been to the NCAA tournament and outside of ORU in the 70's, we are the only current school to win a game at the NCAA's.

El_Chapo
01-25-2017, 02:24 AM
Brad SchlongDong could be wrong. these are "sources" its like he and und and herald want to PERSUADE the public to think its a done deal to entice YES votes. How arrogant of them

email matt larson tom douple patty v and put pressure on them to stop this!!

01-25-2017, 02:31 AM
[QUOTE=bisonpride4ever;1193744]Yay it's the NCC all over again...[emoji19]

In a way, the teams are better and have more scholarships.

Bisonator98
01-25-2017, 02:44 AM
Man, I am not sure about all that, but I will drink whatever you are having. There is momentum in the Summit, but it is no MVC and never will be. However, you are right that sans Wichita State the Valley drops a pretty big notch. 5 current schools in the Valley have been to the Final Four and they have their annual MVC-MWC challenge, much like the ACC-B1G Challenge. 5 schools in the Summit have never even been to the NCAA tournament and outside of ORU in the 70's, we are the only current school to win a game at the NCAA's.

I don't know why people keep saying the Summit can never surpass the MVC. IMO it's just a matter of time. Look how far the Summit has come with the Dakota Schools in it. It's only going to get better.

HerdBot
01-25-2017, 05:36 AM
This is super funny. I was listening to the breakdown today expecting a whole show of UND to the conference talk. After the first segment there is no mention and I'm thinking WTF? Then he goes to an interview with Brian McGlaughlin to talk FCS recruiting and he learns about the news in the middle of the interview. Reaction was pretty funny and then the whole show changed. The only annoying part was having to listen to the lame pre recorded interview with the women's assistant basketball coach at the end when everyone wants to talk about UND. Here's the full show

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-brakedown-tuesday-january-24th-full-show

01-25-2017, 06:16 AM
The thought of giving those @ssholes up north a way out of their own messed up path irritates me. They always come crawling back, like a crazy ex. I would rather seem them on their own lil island in the Big sky.. wasting every penny of the athletic budget trying to fly to weber state. I would love NDSU to vote no.. and give the big middle finger. The thought of having to play football in that outhouse they call a dome, is the worst nightmare I could ever imagine.

Being we're playing you in Fargo in 2019, the first conference game in 2020 most likely will be in the Hawk's Nest. Be a great day!

scottietohottie
01-25-2017, 11:08 AM
Being we're playing you in Fargo in 2019, the first conference game in 2020 most likely will be in the Hawk's Nest. Be a great day!

You guys want in the mvfc so bad you'd probably agree to playing all away mvfc games.

bisonp
01-25-2017, 11:51 AM
I don't know why people keep saying the Summit can never surpass the MVC. IMO it's just a matter of time. Look how far the Summit has come with the Dakota Schools in it. It's only going to get better.

UND brings stability, but make it better? I'm not convinced of that.

Mr Meaty
01-25-2017, 12:10 PM
I am not sure they bring stability, it does help with schedules. It would be nice if they brought baseball along. Their WBB and VB will help the league. But welcome anyways, great move for them.

EC8CH
01-25-2017, 12:23 PM
How much was UND's exit fee for leaving the Big Fluffy?

StL Bison Fan
01-25-2017, 12:26 PM

Doesnt work that way. Played YSU two years in a row at home. Correct me if i am wrong

Vet70
01-25-2017, 12:54 PM
Doesnt work that way. Played YSU two years in a row at home. Correct me if i am wrong

2011 and 2012.

Bisonator98
01-25-2017, 01:01 PM

Yeah I'm not referring to UND as making it better. Just in general the Dakota schools have elevated the league.

Bisonator98
01-25-2017, 01:02 PM
How much was UND's exit fee for leaving the Big Fluffy?

The BSC is probably paying them to leave. :rofl:

tjbison
01-25-2017, 01:52 PM
Maybe they are replacing us in 2020 cause we are heading up???

kind of purple

Bisonator98
01-25-2017, 01:53 PM

kind of purple

I fricking hope so. no purple

bisonp
01-25-2017, 02:04 PM

kind of purple

Too bad about the budget issues. I just don't see how it could be feasible right now unless the P5/G5 thing blows up, which seems less likely than it did a couple years ago.

BisonCardinal
01-25-2017, 02:49 PM

Sure, the MVC has a much better basketball history. But I had to laugh a couple years ago when Wichita State made the Final Four. They said it was the first time a MVC team had made the Final Four since 1979. 1979!!!. I think that is the Larry Bird era. I think he's collecting Social Security now. So the other 4 times are pre-1979, correct me if I am wrong.

Just think the trajectory for the Summit is more upward than the MVC right now. The Summit will now be a conference that's controlled by the Dakota's and will be able to be choosier about new members from now on. I think by adding UND, they are setting up the MVFC for two divisions with Wichita State starting football in the next couple years.

MVFC - West
NDSU
SDSU
UND
USD
Wichita State
UNI

MVFC - East
Illinois State
Indiana State
SIU
WIU
MSU
YSU

My personal opinion is that Elgin (MVC commissioner) should have raided the Summit of all its football members and made an all-sports MVC, but I think that ship has sailed.

StL Bison Fan
01-25-2017, 02:53 PM
My only disagreement (besides having to go to GF), is not playing two teams each year.
Remember the SDSU coach whining about the sharing the championship? If he couldnt get that, How do you reconcile a championship if not everyone has played each other (ala NDSU-ISU or EWU-Und)

HerdBot
01-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Yeah I'm not referring to UND as making it better. Just in general the Dakota schools have elevated the league.

Indisputable. The 3 Dakota schools have dominated the Summit and its not even close. Plus they have put money into facilities.

tjbison
01-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Sure, the MVC has a much better basketball history. But I had to laugh a couple years ago when Wichita State made the Final Four. They said it was the first time a MVC team had made the Final Four since 1979. 1979!!!. I think that is the Larry Bird era. I think he's collecting Social Security now. So the other 4 times are pre-1979, correct me if I am wrong.

Just think the trajectory for the Summit is more upward than the MVC right now. The Summit will now be a conference that's controlled by the Dakota's and will be able to be choosier about new members from now on. I think by adding UND, they are setting up the MVFC for two divisions with Wichita State starting football in the next couple years.

MVFC - West
NDSU
SDSU
UND
USD
Wichita State
UNI

MVFC - East
Illinois State
Indiana State
SIU
WIU
MSU
YSU

My personal opinion is that Elgin (MVC commissioner) should have raided the Summit of all its football members and made an all-sports MVC, but I think that ship has sailed.

that would be terrible, East should just be called the cupcake division

Bisonator98
01-25-2017, 03:13 PM

I can't help but think there has to be something else going on here with the about face of the MVFC's stance on expansion but I sure hope that east/west division isn't it.

I wonder if YSU has hinted about leaving for the CAA or MAC? Maybe ISUb is thinking of shuttering the FB program? MSU courting the Sunbelt again?

Bison bison
01-25-2017, 03:14 PM
I hope so.

9 teams is ideal. 10 is bad. 11 is worse.

StL Bison Fan
01-25-2017, 03:20 PM
I can't help but think there has to be something else going on here with the about face of the MVFC's stance on expansion but I sure hope that east/west division isn't it.

I wonder if YSU has hinted about leaving for the CAA or MAC? Maybe ISUb is thinking of shuttering the FB program? MSU courting the Sunbelt again?
If I had to bet, it would be ISUb bowing out

runtheoption
01-25-2017, 03:31 PM
MVFC - West
NDSU
SDSU
UND
USD
Wichita State
UNI

MVFC - East
Illinois State
Indiana State
SIU
WIU
MSU
YSU

Swap MSU and UNI to try and even things out a bit.

BisonCardinal
01-25-2017, 03:33 PM

I agree. The east is weak, but as we all know teams ascend and descend the competitive ladder all the time. My hypothetical is pretty much based on geography.

I also agree with the other posters that something maybe afoot with these schools:
YSU - location
MSU - desire to be FBS
Indiana State - weak program
WIU- budget problems

Just hope the MVFC is putting more bullets in their magazine so they can weather the realignment battle that is coming.

tony

YSU has wanted to go to the MAC for a long time (for as long as NDSU has been DI). Example: http://csnbbs.com/thread-151789.html

Sure, adding UND will make YSU even more eager to leave, but their eagerness to leave has nothing to do with them getting an invitation to a different conference. The MAC has never shown any interest in adding them, and the CAA has, if possible, shown even less interest.

Bison bison
Hell all of the Illinois Schools have to be on the docket.

SH#T is getting real in Peoria!

Mr. Burgundy
01-25-2017, 03:43 PM
funniest thing I read last night some place.....How can one school swapping conferences make two conferences worse?

The days of Cal Poly and Weber state being resume building wins are over. Now you are going to strap it on every week. Adding them to the summit is a no brainer.

My biggest complaint, the Summit has been viewed as crap by them for years, now it is a great home. Big Sky was always an equal to the Mo Valley in their eyes...now they are going to the best league in the country. Don't bad mouth things, and then beg/follow. We go D1. They don't. We add cost of attendance, 6 days later they do, with admittedly no plan. Then they have to cancel sports, or don't they, they don't even know. Just doing what it takes to compete in football, but wait, we don't need cost of attendance (Faison initially said it was only needed in hockey....Fargo Forum article). It is just comedy hour to watch one school provide leadership and vision and the other literally put their tail between their legs and follow. Every week in the valley. Gonna have to win some recruiting battles.

THEsocalledfan
01-25-2017, 03:56 PM
funniest thing I read last night some place.....How can one school swapping conferences make two conferences worse?

The days of Cal Poly and Weber state being resume building wins are over. Now you are going to strap it on every week. Adding them to the summit is a no brainer.

My biggest complaint, the Summit has been viewed as crap by them for years, now it is a great home. Big Sky was always an equal to the Mo Valley in their eyes...now they are going to the best league in the country. Don't bad mouth things, and then beg/follow. We go D1. They don't. We add cost of attendance, 6 days later they do, with admittedly no plan. Then they have to cancel sports, or don't they, they don't even know. Just doing what it takes to compete in football, but wait, we don't need cost of attendance (Faison initially said it was only needed in hockey....Fargo Forum article). It is just comedy hour to watch one school provide leadership and vision and the other literally put their tail between their legs and follow. Every week in the valley. Gonna have to win some recruiting battles.

Refresh my memory, Burgundy, is the kid from Parshal the only kid they ever scored over NDSU?

Mr Meaty
01-25-2017, 03:57 PM

Snowflake Division. A MVFC with this setup would be terrible. It better not come to that.

Mr. Burgundy
01-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Refresh my memory, Burgundy, is the kid from Parshal the only kid they ever scored over NDSU?

Since D1...it hasn't been pretty. But everyone knows that. Their transition was Mussed over...we became the greatest dynasty in the history of college football. Recruiting is the life of a program. My point is, the valley is for men. In my opinion the Big sky was a joke, and I think it will be very evident now that UND has left. Big Sky has had a rich tradition, but it just awful minus Eastern Washington who simply cannot trip over themselves come crunch time. It will be fun for sure. We almost never recruit against them is the truth, and I find that almost bizarre. We always recruit against SDSU and UNI, never against UND. We load up on lineman early, with kids with a ton of offers, it is CRITICAL in the valley. Starts up front.

siouxfan512
01-25-2017, 04:03 PM

Trust me, not everyone felt this way. I guess I still don't understand that thinking. BSC has a few good teams, usually MT and Weber, with a 3rd or 4 team usually rotating in every other year as competitive. I don't know enough about the teams in the Summit, but I know NDSU and SDSU have certainly had some good years. Overall, I'm pretty sure the Summit has has more success than the BSC when it comes to conference ratings and big wins, including tourney wins; with NDSU having a hand in several of those.

Bisonator98
01-25-2017, 04:04 PM
Since D1...it hasn't been pretty. But everyone knows that. Their transition was Mussed over...we became the greatest dynasty in the history of college football. Recruiting is the life of a program. My point is, the valley is for men. In my opinion the Big sky was a joke, and I think it will be very evident now that UND has left. Big Sky has had a rich tradition, but it just awful minus Eastern Washington who simply cannot trip over themselves come crunch time. It will be fun for sure. We almost never recruit against them is the truth, and I find that almost bizarre. We always recruit against SDSU and UNI, never against UND. We load up on lineman early, with kids with a ton of offers, it is CRITICAL in the valley. Starts up front.

Without a doubt Bubba is going to have to up his game to get the right kids in the trenches. That first conference game at UNI for Bohl was an eye opener.

Hell UND went 8-0 in the BSC this year and should have lost to a 7th place MVFC USD team at home!

siouxfan512
01-25-2017, 04:06 PM

Nailed this part for sure. NDSU always has great lineman. Something UND absolutely needs to improve on. Especially in the valley and especially if they want to be a dominant run team, which Bubba has stressed. Thought we had something special with Grady last season, unfortunately that didn't work out. Definitely need to keep pickin up better lineman, and add depth.

NDSU_grad
01-25-2017, 04:16 PM
It hasn't been many. I'm just going off memory. The Wisthoff kid from Glenburn, Jameer Jackson, I'm thinking maybe Oliviera but not sure if we ever actually offered. Might be a few more.

Honeybooboo
01-25-2017, 04:27 PM
It hasn't been many. I'm just going off memory. The Wisthoff kid from Glenburn, Jameer Jackson, I'm thinking maybe Oliviera but not sure if we ever actually offered. Might be a few more.

Wistoff kid was never going to go to NDSU, whole family is UND, Brother played for them in the 2000's

ndsubison1
01-25-2017, 04:46 PM

UND does improve the conference overall. It's better than an alphabet soup type school. More potential, which isn't always a good thing for NDSU though

tony
01-25-2017, 04:47 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset about UND joining the Summit/MFVC.

I wouldn't have objected to them being completely incompetent for another 15 years, but, hey, don't cry because it's over, laugh because it happened.

I do, however, completely reject the idea that this is great for NDSU. Heck, it's a stretch to claim that it's even marginally good for NDSU. On the flip side, only idiots would argue that this isn't best thing to happen to UND's athletic department in 15 years. If you want to cling to the hope that UND will somehow screw this up, you've got to pray that the same idiots that fought DI and picked the Big Sky will be triumphant once more. Idiocy, I fear, is like any other natural resource in that it's not infinite, and I'm afraid that, in the end, UND just ran out of dickwittery.

ndsubison1
01-25-2017, 04:52 PM

I wouldn't have objected to them being completely incompetent for another 15 years, but, hey, don't cry because it's over, laugh because it happened.

I do, however, completely reject the idea that this is great for NDSU. Heck, it's a stretch to claim that it's even marginally good for NDSU. On the flip side, only idiots would argue that this isn't best thing to happen to UND's athletic department in 15 years. If you want to cling to the hope that UND will somehow screw this up, you've got to pray that the same idiots that fought DI and picked the Big Sky will be triumphant once more. Idiocy, I fear, is like any other natural resource in that it's not infinite, and I'm afraid that, in the end, UND just ran out of dickwittery.

I dont see how they end up being any worse than USD

Mr Meaty
01-25-2017, 05:18 PM
#notmyconference
Protest march being scheduled

StL Bison Fan
01-25-2017, 05:39 PM
#notmyconference

can we march from proof to rooters with stops on the way?

BisonCardinal
01-25-2017, 05:55 PM
#notmyconference

No mustard on my sandwich please. The MVFC inauguration ceremony (performed on Tom Douple's backyard deck) should be awesome as it will show the peaceful transition of power from the MVC schools to the Summit schools.

IBleedYellow
01-25-2017, 06:06 PM
We should know the Big Sky's opinion on UND when they waive their buyout fee like has been rumored.

You don't waive fees for programs you want to keep.

UND-92
01-25-2017, 06:38 PM
This may be the one thing that makes me rethink FBS. Be interesting to see if UN_ could even remotely afford to follow again. Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU.

Your Quote "Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU" is completely , 100% wrong. I do respect how well NDSU Football and Men's BB have done over the last 8+ years, but NDSU went D1 because UND was beating them at almost every sport the previous 10-12 years prior to their move up. UND was already D1 in Hockey, their signature sport, so many already considered UND a D1 school. Su couldn't beat them on the field or on the court so they moved up to get away from UND. Once other schools from D111 started moving up to D11, UND then moved up to D1 as D11 was getting watered down. In hind sight, most people agree UND and USD should have moved up with the SU's. If that had happened then, they all would have been in the same conference. This move only gets them all together again 10 years later. I personally like the Big Sky, but the travel is just too much. This move is 100% because of financial savings and easier/less travel costs. I will also enjoy driving 3-5 hours to some games in the future, where I could not do that in the Big Sky.

TransAmBison
01-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Your Quote "Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU" is completely , 100% wrong. I do respect how well NDSU Football and Men's BB have done over the last 8+ years, but NDSU went D1 because UND was beating them at almost every sport the previous 10-12 years prior to their move up. UND was already D1 in Hockey, their signature sport, so many already considered UND a D1 school. Su couldn't beat them on the field or on the court so they moved up to get away from UND. Once other schools from D111 started moving up to D11, UND then moved up to D1 as D11 was getting watered down. In hind sight, most people agree UND and USD should have moved up with the SU's. If that had happened then, they all would have been in the same conference. This move only gets them all together again 10 years later. I personally like the Big Sky, but the travel is just too much. This move is 100% because of financial savings and easier/less travel costs. I will also enjoy driving 3-5 hours to some games in the future, where I could not do that in the Big Sky.We went DI because of UND. This guy is either funny or stupid. I'm guessing stupid in a funny sort of way...

kab1one
01-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Your Quote "Funny how they always aspire to be like NDSU" is completely , 100% wrong. I do respect how well NDSU Football and Men's BB have done over the last 8+ years, but NDSU went D1 because UND was beating them at almost every sport the previous 10-12 years prior to their move up. UND was already D1 in Hockey, their signature sport, so many already considered UND a D1 school. Su couldn't beat them on the field or on the court so they moved up to get away from UND. Once other schools from D111 started moving up to D11, UND then moved up to D1 as D11 was getting watered down. In hind sight, most people agree UND and USD should have moved up with the SU's. If that had happened then, they all would have been in the same conference. This move only gets them all together again 10 years later. I personally like the Big Sky, but the travel is just too much. This move is 100% because of financial savings and easier/less travel costs. I will also enjoy driving 3-5 hours to some games in the future, where I could not do that in the Big Sky.

I would also note that UND was perceived to be the better school academically. The law, medical and aeronautical schools to name a few. Dr. Chapman with his two prong approach using athletics to increase the academic side with additional programs, money, students, etc.

In turn UND got caught up in the logo debacle which dramatically impacted regional and national perception of school and the Bison brand got hot and passed it by.

Yote 53
01-25-2017, 06:52 PM

MVFC - West
NDSU
SDSU
UND
USD
Wichita State
UNI

MVFC - East
Illinois State
Indiana State
SIU
WIU
MSU
YSU

That would be a great all-sports conference. The east is stronger in basketball now but the west would catch up eventually. The west is stronger in football but the east could catch up.

Bison03
01-25-2017, 06:53 PM
UND was already trying to be an anti-Big Sky, and more like a Valley team by focusing on running the ball and defense. It will be interesting to see if and when they will get that to Valley standards. What will be interesting is now UND's recruiting footprint will change. Sure, they recruit locally; but having to battle USD, SDSU, and big brother NDSU for local recruits won't be easy. But hey, a recruiting trip to an assistant coach's garage to show them the Nickel will be a huge recruiting advantage...

Yote 53
01-25-2017, 07:02 PM
I dont see how they end up being any worse than USD

Sometimes it takes a while to get your sh*t in order. Going from the Great West to the MVFC was a leap. We stepped into a conference that was in the midst of one of the greatest runs an FCS conference has ever had. I'd say we finally got it together and are heading in the right direction. The next two years will be huge for the Coyote football program and we're expecting good things.

As far as the Summit goes, WBB has won the regular season last two years and currently sits at the top of the conference, MBB is currently in second, VB is at the top, T&F is a top of the league program, all new athletic facilities. I'd say USD is doing just fine right now.

Yote 53
01-25-2017, 07:08 PM
UND was already trying to be an anti-Big Sky, and more like a Valley team by focusing on running the ball and defense. It will be interesting to see if and when they will get that to Valley standards. What will be interesting is now UND's recruiting footprint will change. Sure, they recruit locally; but having to battle USD, SDSU, and big brother NDSU for local recruits won't be easy. But hey, a recruiting trip to an assistant coach's garage to show them the Nickel will be a huge recruiting advantage...

It was mentioned earlier in this thread but is worth mentioning again, following USD recruiting we seem to compete with SDSU, NDSU, and UNI for many of the same recruits. I sometimes see UND in the mix but not that often. If UND is going to compete in the MVFC their recruiting is going to have to change, isn't it? There's only so many "MVFC" type recruits in this footprint and if UND isn't going after them then what are they going to compete with? I think there is going to be another adjustment period coming for UND football as they enter the conference.

HerdBot
01-25-2017, 07:09 PM
Here's an awesome 2 hour marathon talking about this on Bison1660 today. Must listen
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-jan-25-2017-full-show

Vet70
01-25-2017, 07:09 PM

This post is absolutely hilarious and delusional. It belongs in the preposterous statements thread.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2017, 07:14 PM
I do find it amazing that their fans are sad to join a league that has a conference tournament that packs in fans at a beautiful new arena that their fans can actually drive to, has a much higher profile and reputation among people that know anything about mid-major basketball, has a league wide media deal with ESPN3 and a regional cable network and the new league also offers them rivalries that will actually be of interest to people that live in the region that their school is located in.

This is the best thing that could happen to UND MBB and WBB...They have a chance to finally be relevant again. The way some of their fans talk about the Big Sky you would think it was the Pac 12 when in reality it is similar to the Summit/MVFC but in a much worse geographic location.

EC8CH
01-25-2017, 07:20 PM
I do find it amazing that their fans are sad to join a league that has a conference tournament that packs in fans at a beautiful new arena that their fans can actually drive to, has a much higher profile and reputation among people that know anything about mid-major basketball, has a league wide media deal with ESPN3 and a regional cable network and the new league also offers them rivalries that will actually be of interest to people that live in the region that their school is located in.

This is the best thing that could happen to UND MBB and WBB...They have a chance to finally be relevant again. The way some of their fans talk about the Big Sky you would think it was the Pac 12 when in reality it is similar to the Summit/MVFC but in a much worse geographic location.

Where was the Big Sky Championship held again last year? I vaguely remember it being somewhat comical.

Nevermind... found it, Reno!

dryash83
01-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Sometimes it takes a while to get your sh*t in order. Going from the Great West to the MVFC was a leap. We stepped into a conference that was in the midst of one of the greatest runs an FCS conference has ever had. I'd say we finally got it together and are heading in the right direction. The next two years will be huge for the Coyote football program and we're expecting good things.

As far as the Summit goes, WBB has won the regular season last two years and currently sits at the top of the conference, MBB is currently in second, VB is at the top, T&F is a top of the league program, all new athletic facilities. I'd say USD is doing just fine right now.

Agreed. Even improved your facilities; Administration mindset seems to be on board as well.

56BISON73
01-25-2017, 07:55 PM
We went DI because of UND. This guy is either funny or stupid. I'm guessing stupid in a funny sort of way...

There are a bunch of chinooks over at SS that actually believe that. So the option of funny or stupid can be summed up as both with delusion thrown in as well.

tony
01-25-2017, 08:25 PM
We went DI because of UND. This guy is either funny or stupid. I'm guessing stupid in a funny sort of way...

How about stupid in a sad, almost tragic, way? That would be a good description of UND athletics since NDSU moved to DI.

Christopher Moen
01-25-2017, 08:44 PM

So much crazy talk in one paragraph that looks like 10 LBS of monkey crap stuck in a 5 LBS bag. Not many sports fans care too much about college or minor league hockey, and I'm sure nobody who knows about Union considers them a DI school. Don't believe me, just look at the ratings and/or a map of DI hockey schools.

Your school's obsession with a niche sport is hilarious. But hey, if you guys are determined to be the tallest midget, go for it.

siouxfan512
01-25-2017, 08:53 PM

I also can't figure out what all the complaining is about. I'm pumped for it and the media coverage is a huge part. Knowing that I can stream games through a reliable source like ESPN3 is awesome. Big sky is currently using Eversports, which has not been good. UND hockey at least has the NCHC TV app on Roku and Apple TV which has been terrific. Looking forward to getting some more use out of my Roku for Football and Basketball.

bisonp
01-25-2017, 09:32 PM

Big Sky is a much better name for a conference, I will say that. I have always thought Summit was a stupid name for a Midwest conference.

That's all I've got.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Big Sky is a much better name for a conference, I will say that. I have always thought Summit was a stupid name for a Midwest conference.

That's all I've got.

Well we could go back to the NCC I suppose since the band is now pretty much back together.

tjbison
01-25-2017, 10:14 PM

Officially the dumbest thing I read today

NDSU1980
01-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Without a doubt Bubba is going to have to up his game to get the right kids in the trenches. That first conference game at UNI for Bohl was an eye opener.

Hell UND went 8-0 in the BSC this year and should have lost to a 7th place MVFC USD team at home!
This^^^ I'd say they have a 50-50 chance of beating Mo State and Indiana State, and they get their asses handed to them by the rest of the conference.

NDSU1980
01-25-2017, 10:37 PM

Anyone want to nominate this one for the preposterous post tourney? I think I've got a winner here folks.

MNLonghorn10
01-25-2017, 10:53 PM

So any of you mouth breathing blowhards ready to agree with the rest of us that moving up to FBS is the right move? NDSU should be campaigning HAM right now to get FBS leagues to open their eyes.

the rest will fall into place.

Bison03
01-26-2017, 03:22 AM
So any of you mouth breathing blowhards ready to agree with the rest of us that moving up to FBS is the right move? NDSU should be campaigning HAM right now to get FBS leagues to open their eyes.

Ahhhhh!!!! Stop already!!

Hammersmith
01-26-2017, 04:51 AM
Star2volley has released a statement...

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

http://csnbbs.com/thread-806563-post-14027829.html#pid14027829

He's still going:

No word on the MVFC vote today. No media leaks or anything.

Still say this was a ruse by our President, who was a former politician and businessman, to show that the MVFC is still closed to us. It will open up a third way, the WAC, with a Big Sky - WAC realignment. We never would have dropped baseball last spring if we were serious about the Slummit, which badly needs more baseball teams to ensure a dance ticket, and one doesn't pre-announce votes unless one knows the end result.

The legislature would have been torqued if we went our own separate way without proving the Slummit / MVFC are not options but are always happy if a U reduces costs. Our football has to have a home, which the MVFC has historically been not interested in providing and we would make 11, which is a hard number to schedule at the FCS level and introduce serious schedule imbalances. Would Mo St have to play all the Dakota schools, and not play two Illinois or Ohio ones. The MAC area schools didn't want NDSU, because they would have to fly there, rather than bus.

A "no" vote means our President wins big time with our legislature and even some of our fans when he helps scrape together a Great Plains conference that was formerly the WAC.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-806563-post-14031810.html#pid14031810

ndsubison1
01-26-2017, 05:51 AM

I'm ready.

56BISON73
01-26-2017, 06:21 AM

When we going out for chicken?

NFH Schlüssel
01-26-2017, 06:33 AM

On a strictly personal and selfish note, I hope YSU does not jump ship. As a former east-coaster, I had always enjoyed the away YSU games. It was a chance to watch NDSU football, in-person, without the pilgrimage to Fargo.

On another personal and selfish note, anyone know if the MVFC after-vote presser will be available online?

tjbison
01-26-2017, 11:12 AM
On a strictly personal and selfish note, I hope YSU does not jump ship. As a former east-coaster, I had always enjoyed the away YSU games. It was a chance to watch NDSU football, in-person, without the pilgrimage to Fargo.

On another personal and selfish note, anyone know if the MVFC after-vote presser will be available online?

Where would YSU go??

MNLonghorn10
01-26-2017, 02:49 PM
When we going out for chicken?
Oh man...the fcs championship did have better ratings than the popeyes Bahamas bowl. Let me know when you're hungry

IzzyFlexion
01-26-2017, 02:52 PM

Number 1: Yer not selfish........well........from a philanthropic standpoint, maybe. (that night in Denver when Larry wouldn't lend me a twenty for that Latina stripper.......you were inexplicably absent!)

Number 2: Once a Penisylvanian..........always a Penisylvanian!

El_Chapo
01-26-2017, 03:13 PM
I would also note that UND was perceived to be the better school academically. The law, medical and aeronautical schools to name a few. Dr. Chapman with his two prong approach using athletics to increase the academic side with additional programs, money, students, etc.

In turn UND got caught up in the logo debacle which dramatically impacted regional and national perception of school and the Bison brand got hot and passed it by.

i wouldnt brag about being the 134th ranked law school or 108th med school!!

i yelled at tom douple last night basketball game, told him he was an idiot for letting und in. he just stared at me, i laughed at him and walked away

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2017, 03:31 PM
Where would YSU go??

Probably OVC.

Mr Pep Band
01-26-2017, 03:46 PM
Probably OVC.

LOLOLOL....They would pi$$ pound the OVC so bad, it wound't even be funny. :rofl::rofl:

tony
01-26-2017, 03:59 PM
Probably OVC.

I've never heard a peep that YSU has any interest whatsoever in the OVC, but then what I don't know about YSU could fill 27 leather-bound volumes.

They want the MAC but wanting and getting aren't the same thing.

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2017, 04:44 PM
I've never heard a peep that YSU has any interest whatsoever in the OVC, but then what I don't know about YSU could fill 27 leather-bound volumes.

They want the MAC but wanting and getting aren't the same thing.

Well with neither the MAC or the CAA really beating down their door they might be looking for a soft landing somewhere if they don't want to be the geographical outlier in the MVFC.

bisonmike2
01-26-2017, 05:23 PM

That's all I've got.

Maybe we could change it to something more representative of the landscape of it's membership? How about The Slough?

Oh, and UND, you're welcome. Once again you benefit by riding on our coattails.

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2017, 05:35 PM
Maybe we could change it to something more representative of the landscape of it's membership? How about The Slough?

The best part? They KNOW it.

JMB
01-26-2017, 05:38 PM

Alternative Facts

bisonp
01-26-2017, 06:41 PM
I thought the vote was supposed to be yesterday? Are they having more difficulty convincing the MVFC than they assumed?

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Done deal. Sorry Siouxvolley

Valley Football ‏@ValleyFootball 16m16 minutes ago
More
.@UNDfootball will join @ValleyFootball for the 2020 season, announced just moments ago. Membership will be at 11 schools for the #MVFC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3G2IebVYAALjzL.jpg:large

TransAmBison
01-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Done deal. Sorry Siouxvolley

Valley Football ‏@ValleyFootball 16m16 minutes ago
More
.@UNDfootball will join @ValleyFootball for the 2020 season, announced just moments ago. Membership will be at 11 schools for the #MVFC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3G2IebVYAALjzL.jpg:largeNice pic...showing the F'n Hawks below the Valley. Symbolic.

scottietohottie
01-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Fhawk.....

silkamilkamonico
01-26-2017, 07:02 PM
For as much as I hate that garbage University I thing it's a good thing.

- Their volleyball will vault to among the top of the Summit. Unfortunately.
- I think their football team can compete. I'm not sure if under Bubba they will ever have a good enough offense to be a perennial concern.
- I think their basketball team is going to have to change the way they recruit to be competitive every year. Those little undisciplined explosive players they bring in every year is going to have a hard time guarding anyone for 40 minutes game after game.

BadlandsBison
01-26-2017, 07:03 PM
Local media gets to overdose on click bait for the foreseeable future. I'm already tired of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siouxfan512
01-26-2017, 07:27 PM
For as much as I hate that garbage University I thing it's a good thing.

- Their volleyball will vault to among the top of the Summit. Unfortunately.
- I think their football team can compete. I'm not sure if under Bubba they will ever have a good enough offense to be a perennial concern.
- I think their basketball team is going to have to change the way they recruit to be competitive every year. Those little undisciplined explosive players they bring in every year is going to have a hard time guarding anyone for 40 minutes game after game.

Good post.

Especially agree with the basketball recruiting, in terms of being competitive every year. UND teams seem to be pretty cyclical in their success. Every 3 years or so, they seem to have a really legit team. Some of it comes down to coaching too. Not the biggest fan of Brian Jones, but this years team has been pretty fun to watch. Seeing as we have this year and next year before we are conference foes, I'm still pulling for 2 North Dakota teams to make the tourney.

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Nice pic...showing the F'n Hawks below the Valley. Symbolic.

and in the end zone. don't expect that a whole lot. This isn't the Big Fluffy.

TransAmBison
01-26-2017, 07:48 PM
and in the end zone. don't expect that a whole lot. This isn't the Big Fluffy.Hmmm...I see it as them being backed up into their own endzone...about to give up another score to the Valley.

Bison Loaf
01-26-2017, 07:49 PM
No exit fee from the Big Fluffy. That about says it all.

"Hey UND, don't let the door hit you in the ass!"

Mr Pep Band
01-26-2017, 08:16 PM
No exit fee from the Big Fluffy. That about says it all.

"Hey UND, don't let the door hit you in the ass!"

I don't want to know how the door would hit them IN the ass.... :rofl::confused::biggrin:

Answer Guy
01-26-2017, 08:17 PM

Maybe some day we'll get to the point where we, too, can flip kids from Winona State.

El_Chapo
01-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Maybe some day we'll get to the point where we, too, can flip kids from Winona State.

yea we flip 1 NSIC kid a year outta 25 verbals

nice try moron guy.

#NDSUEXIT

aces1180
01-26-2017, 08:20 PM

Or maybe you can beat out a Big Ten team? Wouldn't that be something!

TransAmBison
01-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Maybe some day we'll get to the point where we, too, can flip kids from Winona State.Difference is you'd have to give a full ride and FCOA. And a ride in the helmet car. And some hockey tickets. And tickets to a Bison game.

runtheoption
01-26-2017, 08:36 PM

Difference is you'd have to give a full ride and FCOA. And a ride in the helmet car. And some hockey tickets. And tickets to a Bison game.
TAB, maybe UND can flip a kid that can make game-winning FG's against that powerhouse in Crookston?

TransAmBison
01-26-2017, 09:12 PM
TAB, maybe UND can flip a kid that can make game-winning FG's against that powerhouse in Crookston?One can hope. I would think their track record with kickers can only go up.

RedRiver
01-26-2017, 09:46 PM

Doubt it. The kid left a full scholarship on the table to walk on with a championship program. Don't think UND football will ever reach that point with recruits or championships.

NDSU1980
01-26-2017, 11:07 PM

I just on your Hitler Youth Board that you guys lost a recruit today that flipped to Winona State. He had a scholly offer from you too, not a PWO. Maybe some day you'll be able to out recruit a mediocre D2 school.

HerdBot
01-26-2017, 11:15 PM
Here's Sam Herder from Hero sports talking about it on the Brakedown
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/hero-sports-writer-sam-herder-on-the-brakedown-thursday-january-26th

BisonBacker
01-26-2017, 11:56 PM

This is a good post. Kudo's.

Vet70
01-27-2017, 12:01 AM

Given the state of the two football programs, this post is hilarious. Next thing you know you will be telling us you still have the nickel trophy.

BisonBacker
01-27-2017, 12:02 AM

So much THIS!!!!!!

El_Chapo
01-30-2017, 06:45 PM

rather Flip Top kids from Winona State.. THEN LOSE ACTUAL COMMITS TO WINONA STATE!!

Former UND commit Thomas Gibson has decided to stay closer to home and play at Winona State. He is also slated as a wide receiver at WSU.

"decided to stay closer" good spin Brad SchlongDong !

The Sports Block
02-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Commissioner claims nickname had nothing to do with it. His past words show different.

http://sportsloungeblog.tumblr.com/post/156463100150/north-dakota-joins-the-summit-league

Bison03
02-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Commissioner claims nickname had nothing to do with it. His past words show different.

http://sportsloungeblog.tumblr.com/post/156463100150/north-dakota-joins-the-summit-league

I fully believe that his comments 7 years ago are accurate. It's not like he only had one quote. I think now he wants to let all be forgiven and not throw a brand new conference member under the bus. I think the Valley situation with not wanting to expand was an issue, but then again; it was an issue now to and they were able to convince them. Nickname was definitely an issue.

The Sports Block
02-02-2017, 04:27 PM
I don't know why he lied about what he said nearly a decade ago. All he had to say was that the NCAA had an issue with the nickname, that situation is now resolved and we welcome them into the conference. What would have been wrong with that?

EndZoneQB
02-02-2017, 04:53 PM
UND to the Summit is a great thing. UND to the MVFC is less so.

02-05-2017, 03:44 AM
UND to the Summit is a great thing. UND to the MVFC is less so. That may be so today, but FB is 3 years away and it will grow on fans. Those will be big games.

EC8CH
02-05-2017, 04:32 AM
That may be so today, but FB is 3 years away and it will grow on fans. Those will be big games.

*big sigh* :facepalm:

DIBISON
02-05-2017, 05:48 AM
That may be so today, but FB is 3 years away and it will grow on fans. Those will be big games.

How long does it take? What is the UND signature win in DI football and the UND signature win DI men's basketball? I cannot come close to naming one!

How long does it take?

Vet70
02-05-2017, 01:13 PM

Playing UND will grow on most NDSU fans like an irritating fungus.

tony
02-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Any chance that all Sioux-related chants go away? Seems like "You suck Hawks" would convey the same idea.

Bison Loaf
02-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Any chance that all Sioux-related chants go away... seems like "You suck Hawks" would convey the same idea.

Those chants will go away whenever the Sioux-related jerseys, discussions, and references to themselves as, go away.

I'm sure that will be real soon now. :paperbag:

EndZoneQB
02-05-2017, 05:17 PM

For once, this isn't about UND, this is about adding a school the MVFC. I don't think that is a good idea, it screws up the scheduling. We'll see what happens in 3 years, I just don't like it for that reason alone.

Bison03
02-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Any chance that all Sioux-related chants go away? Seems like "You suck Hawks" would convey the same idea.

How have I never heard this, or figured this out?!! This is brilliant!!!!

unbison
02-07-2017, 12:28 AM

Hawks suck ------?

tony
02-07-2017, 01:06 AM
How have I never heard this, or figured this out?!! This is brilliant!!!!

I didn't figure "You suck hawks" out. Bison 4 Life is the first one to post it here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?22784-Bill-to-keep-Sioux-nickname&p=1064084#post1064084

He posted it 20 minutes before they announced the end of their 10-year "pick a new GD nickname already" process.

Might have to retire this Joel Heitkamp .gif because even that maroon couldn't say that the new chant is racist.

http://i.imgur.com/V55PE.gif

scottietohottie
02-07-2017, 01:19 AM
Hawks suck ------?

Lmao you would be the one offended by
"you suck Hawks".

We can yell it at you as well.

02-08-2017, 03:33 PM

The later basically conveys the same message to UND, without the insult to others.

td577
02-08-2017, 10:58 PM
I didn't figure "You suck hawks" out. Bison 4 Life is the first one to post it here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?22784-Bill-to-keep-Sioux-nickname&p=1064084#post1064084

He posted it 20 minutes before they announced the end of their 10-year "pick a new GD nickname already" process.

Might have to retire this Joel Heitkamp .gif because even that maroon couldn't say that the new chant is racist.

http://i.imgur.com/V55PE.gif

Obviously they should have had a committee to come up with all the different ways an opposing fan base could destroy a moniker. They would have settled with the Mean Green or whatever that one was.

nbowar24
02-14-2017, 04:52 PM
http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211475590

Once again...about a decade behind the times.

tjbison
02-14-2017, 10:10 PM

Lol....may as well call it Hockey quarterly

Bison03
02-15-2017, 02:54 PM

They will have to go heavy on the hockey content for any of their fans, or potential advertisers to care. Sure, Bison Illustrated has a lot of football content during the season, but they have a lot of content with all sports. DI Media, who also does Bison Illustrated, is involved so who knows.

dufferole
02-15-2017, 09:54 PM

They should have named themselves the Metoos.

NDSU1980
02-16-2017, 02:28 AM
How can you call yourself the Champions Club when you only when a championship once every 20 years?

Christopher Moen
02-16-2017, 03:56 AM
How can you call yourself the Champions Club when you only when a championship once every 20 years?

Well, let's just say it's a very exclusive club.

El_Chapo
02-16-2017, 04:03 AM
They will have to go heavy on the hockey content for any of their fans, or potential advertisers to care. Sure, Bison Illustrated has a lot of football content during the season, but they have a lot of content with all sports. DI Media, who also does Bison Illustrated, is involved so who knows.

Tank mcnamara is part owner of the und mag. or so he says. enjoy your losses tank the spank!

HerdBot
02-16-2017, 06:42 AM

Maybe it's based on Conference Championships, like the Garage door at the UNI Dome?

BisonTeacher
02-16-2017, 10:28 AM

It works for the gophers.

NDSU92
02-16-2017, 02:10 PM

A friend who at the time was new to the NDSU/UND thing once asked me why their Cass Clay ice cream is called 'Champion Chip'. I simply replied that it was the only way UND fans could ever taste one. He's been a Bison fan ever since.

02-17-2017, 12:35 AM

The price was right.

El_Chapo
02-17-2017, 02:14 AM
und has to cut 1.3 million in sports. why would the summit add them again?? pathetic

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2017, 12:41 AM
UND playing really well and should be the favorites going into the Big Sky Tournament. Would be nice for the Summit if they can bring that consistently when they migrate over.

El_Chapo
02-28-2017, 02:16 AM
und playing really well and should be the favorites going into the big sky tournament. Would be nice for the summit if they can bring that consistently when they migrate over.

shut up meg...

thebigund
03-04-2017, 01:59 PM

They did a sioux magazine back in the day. Not sure if ndsu did also?

56BISON73
03-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Well, let's just say it's a very exclusive club.

Trying to figure out the exclusivity when they could only raise a couple of million dollars when they supposedly have all of them big doctor and lawyer alums?

Christopher Moen
03-05-2017, 11:04 PM
Trying to figure out the exclusivity when they could only raise a couple of million dollars when they supposedly have all of them big doctor and lawyer alums?

Maybe those doctors and lawyers aren't winners, much less Champions?

NDSU1980
03-06-2017, 01:12 AM

My daughter in law is a dentist. You don't know what debt is til you see what it costs to get through med or dental school. Going to take a lot of root canals to pay it off.

HerdBot
03-07-2017, 01:29 AM
Gotta give UND some props. This year the won the Big Sky in Football*, men's and women's basketball** and Volleyball. They are going to make the conference stronger ***

* Didn't play the good teams but still not too shabby
** Conference is weak but still the best
*** This is as close to a compliment as you'll get from me

DIBISON
03-07-2017, 02:32 AM
Gotta give UND some props. This year the won the Big Sky in Football*, men's and women's basketball** and Volleyball. They are going to make the conference stronger ***

They can have all the props, it's still the Big Sky. Consistency is the key, any program can have an up year, being on the top or in contention each year defines success.

03-14-2017, 04:40 AM
They can have all the props, it's still the Big Sky. Consistency is the key, any program can have an up year, being on the top or in contention each year defines success.

That's why were coming to the Summit/MVFC. Oh, and it's closer.

03-14-2017, 04:45 AM

Thanks for the kind words HerdBot. Can't wait for conference games.

Bison"FANatic"
03-14-2017, 10:52 AM
That's why were coming to the Summit/MVFC. Oh, and it's closer.

You are coming for one reason and one reason only. You are broke and have been fiscally run into the ground.

Bison Loaf
03-14-2017, 02:25 PM
You are coming for one reason and one reason only. You are broke and have been fiscally run into the ground.

Oh damn! Don't you just hate it when the truth smacks you right in the face!?!

siouxfan512
03-14-2017, 02:36 PM
A friend who at the time was new to the NDSU/UND thing once asked me why their Cass Clay ice cream is called 'Champion Chip'. I simply replied that it was the only way UND fans could ever taste one. He's been a Bison fan ever since.

For the record, Bison Crunch is absolutely delicious. I've never tried the UND stuff, but Bison Crunch is pretty much the only NDSU thing I'll ever buy. haha

03-24-2017, 04:18 AM

Oh, you have that all wrong. We are already in Fargo, puck drops in 15 hours. Not at all broke, we are playing Boston at Scheels, come see a good game.

El_Chapo
03-24-2017, 04:30 AM
Oh, you have that all wrong. We are already in Fargo, puck drops in 15 hours. Not at all broke, we are playing Boston at Scheels, come see a good game.

Who else took Friday off so they could LEAVE Fargo like me? No one outside the 5500 fans there give a crap about hockey, deal with it, its hilarious watching these 5500 people posting like crazy acting like its the freakin super bowl.

Sports this weekend in popularity:

NCAA basketball tourney
MN State Basketball tourney
NDSU football spring practice
Timberwolves
Wild
Journey concert
ncaa hockey

Mr Meaty
03-24-2017, 11:12 AM

Your right, the bulldog buckeye game should be good.

oldmantutters
03-24-2017, 12:32 PM
There is no way in hell I'd put myself in position to be around pud fans of UND any more than I have to. My sister was at the game they played against UMD last weekend and said their fans were just obnoxious, to which I replied, "duh."

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

bisonbuddy
03-24-2017, 01:49 PM

That's what that smell is coming from the west side of Fargo.

Bisonator98
03-24-2017, 01:50 PM

Try not to make all North Dakotan's look like dicks on TV. Keep the one finger salutes in your pockets. Try to be classy, I know it's difficult for you knuckleheads but please try.

runtheoption
03-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Try not to make all North Dakotan's look like dicks on TV. Keep the one finger salutes in your pockets. Try to be classy, I know it's difficult for you knuckleheads but please try.

puckleheads

RedRiver
03-24-2017, 02:49 PM
What does a sport that few colleges have, very few fans follow and not conference affiliated have to do with the Summit/MVFC?

tjbison
03-24-2017, 04:07 PM
What does a sport that few colleges have, very few fans follow and not conference affiliated have to do with the Summit/MVFC?

zero, but thread drift and off topic discussion is the Bisonvile way, and its frustrating

MankatoBison
05-17-2017, 02:54 PM
This has always made sense. If you seriously don't think so you are delusional. The only reason it wouldn't be is if your wittle feelwings are still somehow hurt from 03. But the facts show us this is a good idea.

And as Ben Shapiro says "Facts don't care about your feelings".

EC8CH
05-17-2017, 03:42 PM
This has always made sense. If you seriously don't think so you are delusional. The only reason it wouldn't be is if your wittle feelwings are still somehow hurt from 03. But the facts show us this is a good idea.

And as Ben Shapiro says "Facts don't care about your feelings".

I agree, short of UND staying D2 in all sports besides hockey, this makes the most sense.

El_Chapo
05-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Yea I love being in 1987 again Dont all of you?? wow.. SO much fun and excitement. *FART NOISE* :(

ndsubison1
05-17-2017, 06:15 PM
It makes sense for the Summit. MVFC doesnt really need them though.

EndZoneQB
05-17-2017, 11:30 PM
It makes sense for the Summit. MVFC doesnt really need them though.

Totally agree.

MankatoBison
05-18-2017, 02:51 PM
Totally agree.

I agree as well that MVFC doesn't "NEED" them. We also don't "NEED" ISUb, WIU, YSU, MSU etc. but logically, UN_ make sense in our conference. Regional, previous rivalries, lower travel costs, similar institution etc etc.

Not a matter of need, but a matter of common sense for the MVFC. the Summit is more-so of a "Need" as they get them to a 10 team conference (right?).

Anyways, the point still remains.

EndZoneQB
05-18-2017, 08:40 PM
I agree as well that MVFC doesn't "NEED" them. We also don't "NEED" ISUb, WIU, YSU, MSU etc. but logically, UN_ make sense in our conference. Regional, previous rivalries, lower travel costs, similar institution etc etc.

Not a matter of need, but a matter of common sense for the MVFC. the Summit is more-so of a "Need" as they get them to a 10 team conference (right?).

Making sense and being a good add are two different things. What do we gain by having UND in the conference? For the Summit, everyone wins. For the MVFC, only UND benefits.

Christopher Moen
05-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Making sense and being a good add are two different things. What do we gain by having UND in the conference? For the Summit, everyone wins. For the MVFC, only UND benefits.

One benefit all teams in the MVFC will get for adding UND is that their town/city will now look like a paradise compared to Grand Forks.

ndsubison1
05-19-2017, 12:00 AM
The Summit needs stability and a geographic footprint. Mvfc already has that

tjbison
05-19-2017, 12:49 AM

UND adds more Travel costs for Conference mates, im assuming Murray St will be added and it will go divisions and thats going to suck because the "west" will be WAY stronger than the East. ill bet that happens sooner than later, only way Murray gets in the MVC is for the MVC to convince the MVFC to take them, bet anything that had to do with them missing out this time. I may be wrong though