PDA

View Full Version : Sid Cichy

Bison_Pride
01-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Sid Cichy passed away about 5:00pm today.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

sambini
01-08-2006, 03:37 AM
He was bar none the greatest high school coach in North Dakota. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Cichy family. He was a great man.

MinotBison
01-08-2006, 05:08 AM
He was bar none the greatest *high school coach in North Dakota. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Cichy family. He was a great man.

He was the best, no doubt about it.

sambini
01-09-2006, 02:01 AM
Nice articles in the Forum today about Sid Cichy. I remember that game they talk about with the team out of the cities. Steve Cichy was just awesome in that game. It was at Dacotah Field. Jeff Kolpack did a nice job on the articles.

tony
01-09-2006, 04:35 PM
He was one of the greats - kind of cool that his last game was against Coach Feeney from Bismarck and then it was him who helped get Kevin Feeney into HS coaching. Two of the great football families in ND: Feeney and Cichy.

I didn't see it mentioned by Sid Cichy is in the HS Football Hall of Fame - and, of course, Joe Cichy (NDSU '70) is in the College Football Hall of Fame.

I sure hope Alzheimers gets wiped out soon.

Bison7925
01-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Nice articles in the Forum today about Sid Cichy. I remember that game they talk about with the team out of the cities. Steve Cichy was just awesome in that game. It was at Dacotah Field. Jeff Kolpack did a nice job on the articles.

A little insight to that game, Steve was sick w/ mono & strep throat. He could barely talk, so what does Sid do?

After we go down 14-0.

He goes to the hurry up offense for the last 3 quarters and tells us that he wants us in and out of the huddle in 5 seconds. We ran 97 plays and by the end of the game the defensive line for St. Thomas was still kneeling. Shanley wins 15-14.

Outside of my parents, Sid was probably the person I most respected in the world. He was fair and honest and always two steps ahead of everyone else.

I will miss Sid Cichy. May God be with him.