PDA

View Full Version : BraxtonT-member since '04

BisonCardinal
01-16-2017, 01:34 AM
Eric Hewitt (BraxtonT) needs our help, Bisonville. Unfortunately this diehard Bison fan has been diagnosed with ALS. There is a gofundme page here: https://www.gofundme.com/eric-hewitt
In case you can't put a name to a face, here he is:
Eric and his dad, Jeff (who passed away a few years ago) are/were huge Bison fans. There is also a Facebook group 'Eric Hewitt Benefit Page' and if you ask, can be added to the group. He and his wife have two children and co-owns a water distribution business. If there is any way you can help with silent auction items, please let us or them know. He is one of the nicest guys out there and it's devastating news for the family.

tolnabison
01-16-2017, 02:35 AM
Very good friend of mine, can testify to this. Great man, great father, huge bison fan! Prayers from Tolna! Go Bison!!

BisonCardinal
01-16-2017, 02:53 AM
If anyone knows how we can get anything 'Bison' signed by players former and present, they would be great auction items. Carrington has a huge Bison fan base and those items would be bid up. Please, if you have any connections, we would love to hear from you.

North Side
01-16-2017, 04:29 AM
My thoughts are with him!

Bisonator98
01-16-2017, 01:34 PM
If anyone knows how we can get anything 'Bison' signed by players former and present, they would be great auction items. Carrington has a huge Bison fan base and those items would be bid up. Please, if you have any connections, we would love to hear from you.

Maybe contact NDSU directly:

http://www.gobison.com/documents/2013/5/23/Donation_Request.pdf

Mr Meaty
01-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Eric Hewitt (BraxtonT) needs our help, Bisonville. Unfortunately this diehard Bison fan has been diagnosed with ALS. There is a gofundme page here: https://www.gofundme.com/eric-hewitt
Eric and his dad, Jeff (who passed away a few years ago) are/were huge Bison fans. There is also a Facebook group 'Eric Hewitt Benefit Page' and if you ask, can be added to the group. He and his wife have two children and co-owns a water distribution business. If there is any way you can help with silent auction items, please let us or them know. He is one of the nicest guys out there and it's devastating news for the family.

Along with the gofund me site, there will be an account opened at Gate City Bank in Carrington sometime today (1-16-17). This account should be accessible for deposit at any Gate City Bank location. Write check to Eric Hewitt

56BISON73
01-16-2017, 08:31 PM

Let me know when you do the gun raffle. I will take 5 tickets.

CaBisonFan
01-16-2017, 09:20 PM
Who could I send a donation to?

Mr Meaty
01-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Who could I send a donation to?

There is an account at Gate City in Eric Hewitt's name or they can be sent to
Tonia Erickson
172 7th Ave S
Carrington ND 58426

Mr Meaty
01-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Maybe contact NDSU directly:

http://www.gobison.com/documents/2013/5/23/Donation_Request.pdf

I have give this form to the benefit organizers.

bisonfanette
01-17-2017, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=BisonCardinal;1192266]If anyone knows how we can get anything 'Bison' signed by players former and present, they would be great auction items. Carrington has a huge Bison fan base and those items would be bid up. Please, if you have any connections, we would love to hear from you.[/QUOTE

I will send you a pm.

Sun Bison
01-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Is he a veteran by chance?

VA Secretary Establishes ALS as a Presumptive Compensable Illness (http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1583)

Would be granted as 100% and get money for home and auto adaptation.

Mr Meaty
01-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Is he a veteran by chance?

VA Secretary Establishes ALS as a Presumptive Compensable Illness (http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1583)

Would be granted as 100% and get money for home and auto adaptation.
I do not believe that Eric was in any of the armed service or national guard. But I can forward this information to him and see if it is applicable.

bisonfanette
01-18-2017, 10:02 PM
Let us know if you are having a benefit, auction, etc? Date etc?
If so, I could donate a Carson Wentz bobblehead (they only made 400) so it might (?) be an ok benefit item? Idk.
And a couple of autographed photos that may work well for a benefit.
Please send a pm with a mailing address etc.

Mr Meaty
01-18-2017, 10:24 PM
Let us know if you are having a benefit, auction, etc? Date etc?
If so, I could donate a Carson Wentz bobblehead (they only made 400) so it might (?) be an ok benefit item? Idk.
And a couple of autographed photos that may work well for a benefit.
Please send a pm with a mailing address etc.

Will do. Hope to have fun raffle tickets soon. Benefit night date not been set yet.

HerdBot
01-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Best wishes Eric

matt
01-19-2017, 10:15 PM
I know Eric we both are from Carrington (although I am older, I graduated with his brother), he is great guy. Best wishes to Eric and his family, my family will keep yours in our thoughts and prayers!

BraxtonT
01-22-2017, 07:07 AM
I figure it's about time to show up here. It's been an unbelievable ride for me the last two weeks. I finally got around to setting up a CaringBridge site this evening to tell my story. I want to take this opportunity to thank 'BisonCardinal' for this thread. At first I didn't want it on here, but I understand how much you care about me and want to help, so "Thank you!" To all the other posters wishing me the best and praying for me, "Thank you!"

I have used Bisonville over the years to be my great escape from the realities of everyday life. Some of the posters I know, some I do not. Whichever you are, please send prayers my way and introduce yourself to me when I am in Fargo watching our Bison play. I will make a point to wear my dad's old TeamMaker jacket that I was wearing in the picture "BisonCardinal" posted. You will notice it says "Jeff's son". I could have taken Dad's name off the coat when I got it, but I felt it was a tribute to him that I add " 's son " to the coat because he instilled in me the Bison Pride I have today.

Mr. Meaty is taking me, my son (the real BraxtonT), and my dad's old traveling buddy Algene to the men's basketball game on February 11th against Denver. Please come over to say "Hi". I want to thank all of you for all the entertainment you have provided me for all these years.

Here is a link to my CaringBridge site: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/erichewitt

Go Bison!!!

El_Chapo
03-17-2020, 02:54 AM
RIP man.. just pulled this up. cheer on NDSU from best seat in the house

Mr Meaty
03-17-2020, 12:33 PM
He lost his battle but will never be forgotten. He touched many lives as a teachers, umpire, coach and all around great guy. His past teammates will cherish the time they spent with him on the playing field. He is now free from the terrible disease. Thoughts and prayers to his family and all of those who knew him.

heffray
03-17-2020, 12:47 PM
Condolences to those who knew him.

Fuck ALS.

HuskerBizon
03-17-2020, 02:21 PM
He was an amazing man, teacher, and coach. I will never forget when I was back home and he was out with his brother golfing in his benefit tournament and he saw me out in the yard. He was smiling ear to ear to be able to come see me and give me a hug. Rest Easy Coach, you will be greatly missed.

Gully
03-17-2020, 02:26 PM
Very sorry to hear this. I used to run into him along with his dad in airports around the country as we all traveled to Bison games.

RIP buddy.