PDA

View Full Version : This hurts

NDSU_grad
01-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Fowler leaves (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=114965&section=Sports)
I was really looking forward to seeing him play next year. :(

Bison_Dan
01-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Fowler leaves (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=114965&section=Sports)
I was really looking forward to seeing him play next year. :(

You have to be a student too.

NDSU_grad
01-20-2006, 01:42 PM
You have to be a student too. *
Oh absolutely. At this point I just hope he finds somewhere to play and stays in school. It sounds like Cash was a bit of a discipline problem, but we're so deep at WR I don't think we'll feel that loss as much.

tony
01-20-2006, 03:20 PM
You have to be a student first. It's a very tough deal - it's like having a full-time job (with travel) while going to school full-time. At least when I was working full-time, I had the option of cutting back on my class load if I got overwhelmed.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if we are deep at a position or not - having kids leave the program is going to hurt; mainly because I just don't like to see kids not make it(although hopefully Cash and Fowler finish school someplace else). However, DI is very focused on academics and one of their key measurements is graduation rates too. If NDSU's graduation rate falls below a certain threshhold, their could be tangible consequences down the road.

Paulie
01-20-2006, 03:26 PM
You also have to be a student.

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2006, 09:45 PM
That's too bad.

Fowler was a 2 star recruit coming out of high school at a position where it's very difficult to recruit at.

His grades could be a reason he wasn't being offered by alot of Big 10 schools as well as others, although he was looked at by all of them.

NDSU will move along just fine though.

sambini
01-21-2006, 01:45 AM
YOU ARE RIGHT ON Silk .++++++++

Shakermaker
01-21-2006, 11:18 AM
YOU ARE RIGHT ON Silk .++++++++ * * * * *

You guys will do well next year with or without him. Infact, you guys are going further into your IAA career with wins, so don't think for a moment you guys will be hurting next year.

I think the Griz will be back on track with the addition of Swogger and Chambers. Living in the Seattle area now, I can tell you this... Chambers transfering as a starter from U of W, and someone who would have started at U of W again... and the Griz got him. He's 6'5" at the WR position and a burner. I think he'll help.

Shakermaker
01-21-2006, 11:19 AM
YOU ARE RIGHT ON Silk .++++++++ * * * * *

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Hopefully NDSU will attract 1-A transfers of this calibre once they are playoff eligible. We could only hope that they do.

silkamilkamonico
01-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Hopefully NDSU will attract 1-A transfers of this calibre once they are playoff eligible. *We could only hope that they do.

They will.

We have the attraction of the dome, so much put into the program that alot of other d-1AA, even some D-1A teams, and we will be competitive year in and out. With Minnesota, the Big 10, and not many other midwestern powerhouses, the stage is set for NDSU.