PDA

View Full Version : 2017 FCS Cheech and Chong Bowl

ZHerd
01-07-2017, 04:01 PM
I'm going with JMU by 3 scores

Bison03
01-07-2017, 04:05 PM
JMU should win big....but Youngstown has shocked me all December.
Dukies: 27
Flightless Birds: 14

56BISON73
01-07-2017, 04:06 PM
:rofl: Love the title of this thread! :rofl:

Vet70
01-07-2017, 04:10 PM
JMU has 7 suspensions, YSU 4. That sounds like JMU by 3 to me.

CAS4127
01-07-2017, 04:12 PM
JMU has a great secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Meaty
01-07-2017, 04:12 PM
Dukes strike first.

StL Bison Fan
01-07-2017, 04:23 PM
JMU lighting it up

CAS4127
01-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Notice how JMU's QB buys time be moving back and away from pocket. Either good coaching, good instincts or both. Stick needs to learn that.
And I hope CP is watching and takes notes on JMU's offensive scheme. Very good.

Also very good is Abdullah. Hoping one of our redshirts runs like him and or the RB out of Wisco.

DCinOK
01-07-2017, 04:32 PM
When that punt was blocked, I didn't hear a "thud," to me it sounded like "bong!"

td577
01-07-2017, 04:39 PM
Notice how JMU's QB buys time be moving back and away from pocket. Either good coaching, good instincts or both. Stick needs to learn that.
And I hope CP is watching and takes notes on JMU's offensive scheme. Very good.

Also very good is Abdullah. Hoping one of our redshirts runs like him and or the RB out of Wisco.

When he was doing that against the Bison, his safety valve was 20 yards downfield in the middle. He has a strong enough arm to get it in there. As Stick develops physically, that throw will be easier but right now he still has to load up. His last couple of years here should be explosive with the strength to do whatever he wants.

CAS4127
01-07-2017, 04:46 PM
When he was doing that against the Bison, his safety valve was 20 yards downfield in the middle. He has a strong enough arm to get it in there. As Stick develops physically, that throw will be easier but right now he still has to load up. His last couple of years here should be explosive with the strength to do whatever he wants.

He needs to learn and or be taught to extend pass plays, and not tuck and run.

Case in point, when is the last time we have had a "broken" pass play for a big gain? Compare that to how many we have given up. NDSU offense needs to evolve and D needs to improve in secondary for us to make and win another Natty IMO.

Bison Dan
01-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Pretty easy to see which side of the playoff bracket was stronger. A lot stronger.....

oldmantutters
01-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Wish our offense would have showed up against JMU. Would love another shot at them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

ZHerd
01-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Drug jokes aside, JMU is very good. Schor is impressive, their o-line is not big (all at about 300), but are fit, strong, and athletic. They won't miss their stud RB because they beat teams up front. I would happily trade our corners for theirs. They are just a good balanced team. They remind me of some of our teams from previous years though I think 2013 would beat them fairly easily.

CAS4127
01-07-2017, 05:16 PM
There's the BO P we know and love.

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2017, 06:11 PM
JMU has 7 suspensions, YSU 4. That sounds like JMU by 3 bags of Doritos* to me.

effed with yer post.

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/spicoli-570x37620flip.jpg

56BISON73
01-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Wish our offense would have showed up against JMU. Would love another shot at them.

Offense was there. Play calling didnt put us a good position to be succesfull.

LikeMothers
01-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Oopsie daisy

oldmantutters
01-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Splitting hairs

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2017, 06:26 PM
I'm really having trouble getting into this "Letsgosmoka Bowl"

56BISON73
01-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Splitting hairs

Nope. .....

oldmantutters
01-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Nope. .....
Ok well then, the offense looked like a real well-oiled fucking machine when they were down by 10 letting the play clock run down to 4. Playcalling wasn't good, but to act like the offense was ready to go is like acting like seating at the SHAC is good.

SC_TX
01-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Boy these announcers are really selling people to stick around and watch this

CAS4127
01-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Ok well then, the offense looked like a real well-oiled fucking machine when they were down by 10 letting the play clock run down to 4. Playcalling wasn't good, but to act like the offense was ready to go is like acting like seating at the SHAC is good.

Maybe they should practice hurry-up more. That's on CP/coaches. We need to be able to do that run that and we should do it every so often just to change things up regardless of the time/score, but nope, we never do. Supposed "complex" offense-->I'll ale creative over complex.

SC_TX
01-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Which ESPN employee runs the fake Bo Pellini twitter? I mean it has to be someone the way they openly promote and reply to it and act like it's the funniest thing of all time

oldmantutters
01-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Maybe they should practice hurry-up more. That's on CP/coaches. We need to be able to do that run that and we should do it every so often just to change things up regardless of the time/score, but nope, we never do. Supposed "complex" offense-->I'll ale creative over complex.

Either way, I think we can agree that the semi-final was frustrating.

CAS4127
01-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Either way, I think we can agree that the semi-final was frustrating.

It wasn't just the semi game, but yes.

CaBisonFan
01-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Championship game was in Fargo.

oldmantutters
01-07-2017, 07:01 PM
It wasn't just the semi game, but yes.

Agreed

Ndsu84
01-07-2017, 07:09 PM

This^^^^

10char

56BISON73
01-07-2017, 07:16 PM

Who in the fuck is responsible for that? COACHING!!! That has to be practiced and practiced. Some teams even practice it during games when they dont have to. JFC

td577
01-07-2017, 07:23 PM
He needs to learn and or be taught to extend pass plays, and not tuck and run.

Case in point, when is the last time we have had a "broken" pass play for a big gain? Compare that to how many we have given up. NDSU offense needs to evolve and D needs to improve in secondary for us to make and win another Natty IMO.

I agree. Part of the issue is he can't throw downfield without loading up on the throw. That takes time. No choice but to tuck and run. More strength, more throwing on the run. We have seen a couple of QBs that can throw on the run or under pressure. It is nice to have that upper body strength. I think Stick will get there.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

BisonNeil
01-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Recreational drugs or PEDs? I say the later, that's how you make two teams championship quality in one or two years. Guess we'll find out if the suspensions of the underclassmen are for a few months or an entire year.

oldmantutters
01-07-2017, 07:32 PM
Who in the fuck is responsible for that? COACHING!!! That has to be practiced and practiced. Some teams even practice it during games when they dont have to. JFC
Struck a nerve. Its all good, we are in agreement here.

ZHerd
01-07-2017, 07:49 PM
JMU should win big....but Youngstown has shocked me all December.
Dukies: 27
Flightless Birds: 14

Nice call .

Vet70
01-07-2017, 08:24 PM
I can't wait for the test results.

gumby013
01-07-2017, 08:28 PM
JMU fans are a blast, but they do love to litter.

https://m.imgur.com/a/u0nmF

thebigund
01-07-2017, 09:10 PM

You should just accept that they are the better team. There's always next year.

Mr Meaty
01-07-2017, 09:12 PM
I can't wait for the test results.

Exactly!!!!!!

Vet70
01-07-2017, 09:13 PM
You should just accept that they are the better team. There's always next year.

There is some irony here.

thebigund
01-07-2017, 09:25 PM
There is some irony here.

From someone who understands the value of next year.

Tony Almeida
01-07-2017, 09:41 PM
You should just accept that they are the better team. There's always next year.I thought this way against SDSU first game too...silly mistake.

thebigund
01-07-2017, 10:11 PM
I thought this way against SDSU first game too...silly mistake.

SDSU was the better team, they just have Stig as their coach. He can't get out of his own way against NDSU.

SDbison
01-08-2017, 02:43 PM
SDSU was the better team, they just have Stig as their coach. He can't get out of his own way against NDSU. LOL......next you will be saying UND is a better team than NDSU. As far as JMU goes, they were a better team than NDSU at that moment in the season. On average throughout the season I would say NDSU and JMU were very close to even. The problem is NDSU did not get better throughout the season and JMU did. Primary reasons for NDSU's demise were injuries and lack of offensive improvement. Also could consider lack of leadership, lack of dominant strength & conditioning, and lack of a shutdown defense.

StL Bison Fan
01-08-2017, 04:27 PM
This is a headline in the forum. Didnt the school up north copy right this? Boy, are they gonna be mad
James Madison leaves no doubt as FCS national champions

CaBisonFan
01-08-2017, 04:40 PM
SDSU was the better team, they just have Stig as their coach. He can't get out of his own way against NDSU....which means they weren't the better team.

1993bison
01-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Is the criticism of the offensive play calling falling on deaf ears? Maybe Burgundy knows?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CAS4127
01-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Is the criticism of the offensive play calling falling on deaf ears? Maybe Burgundy knows?

i dont know , but I do know that JMU's OC is excellent. Not a real complex offense, but very good blocking schemes, play set-up and just enough fake HO's to keep D at home.

oldmantutters
01-08-2017, 06:39 PM
They killed NDSU with draws from the shotgun. Very talented running back that took advantage of our LBs starting to drop into coverage. It was frustrating to watch.

Answer Guy
01-08-2017, 07:30 PM
LOL......next you will be saying UND is a better team than NDSU.

Not yet.

Soon.

Bison Loaf
01-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Not yet.

Soon.

Of course, the term "soon" always has a little bit different meaning up in Whiouxville.

thebigund
01-08-2017, 09:12 PM
LOL......next you will be saying UND is a better team than NDSU. As far as JMU goes, they were a better team than NDSU at that moment in the season. On average throughout the season I would say NDSU and JMU were very close to even. The problem is NDSU did not get better throughout the season and JMU did. Primary reasons for NDSU's demise were injuries and lack of offensive improvement. Also could consider lack of leadership, lack of dominant strength & conditioning, and lack of a shutdown defense.
That wouldn't make any sense, yet.

td577
01-08-2017, 10:06 PM
LOL......next you will be saying UND is a better team than NDSU. As far as JMU goes, they were a better team than NDSU at that moment in the season. On average throughout the season I would say NDSU and JMU were very close to even. The problem is NDSU did not get better throughout the season and JMU did. Primary reasons for NDSU's demise were injuries and lack of offensive improvement. Also could consider lack of leadership, lack of dominant strength & conditioning, and lack of a shutdown defense.

I have thought in the last 6 years, there has been a small handful of programs in FCS that can compete with NDSU. Only once in the dominant stretch has the Bison gone undefeated in an entire season and even then, they were down 10 in the fourth against UNI. The bar was set so high and there are a bunch of schools in the field who are trying to reach the level of NDSU and it still amazes me that only one time in the playoffs over 6 seasons has one school in the entire FCS field accomplished that goal of knocking off the Bison. While injuries and other factors played a part, it has been the Bison who set the exact standard of what you have to do to win a championship. There does come a point when enough other programs are doing things in a similar fashion, someone could come out ahead. The Bison haven't been working against a single program, they have been working against everyone. Everyone else has been using one standard to get where they have to be.

Hopefully, this playoff season has re-energized this present Herd into working even harder. Someone has obviously caught all the way up and passed them.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-08-2017, 10:21 PM
If Pelini sticks around for next season, Youngstown is going to be very tough next season. They only lose 3 starters on O and 4 on D.

If our O can't get its shit together next season, I see a beat down coming our way at Stambaugh.

EC8CH
01-08-2017, 10:25 PM
If Pelini sticks around for next season, Youngstown is going to be very tough next season. They only lose 3 starters on O and 4 on D.

If our O can't get its shit together next season, I see a beat down coming our way at Stambaugh.

Not disagreeing, but many of those they do lose are pretty big playmakers.

17>1
01-09-2017, 01:50 AM
Back in Fargo. I really appreciate our fan base soooo much more after being down there for this game. We do have the best fans, the most passionate, the most knowledgeable, and we know how to have fun. I went into the bathroom before the game, and I could hear a pin drop in there. How many of you have heard the Let's Go Bison chants when you've been in there taking a piss?!! It just wasn't the same down there without the rest of you.

1993bison
01-09-2017, 03:03 AM
Back in Fargo. I really appreciate our fan base soooo much more after being down there for this game. We do have the best fans, the most passionate, the most knowledgeable, and we know how to have fun. I went into the bathroom before the game, and I could hear a pin drop in there. How many of you have heard the Let's Go Bison chants when you've been in there taking a piss?!! It just wasn't the same down there without the rest of you.
How was the bar scene?

HerdBot
01-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Gotta admit it sucked watching this game. Stung a little. I prefer to see our fans rushing the field. Next year