PDA

View Full Version : A new direction

roadwarrior
01-05-2017, 02:09 AM
Time for a new thread. I'm tired of seeing that old one. I'm not saying they are going to win the conference, but let's give this team a chance.

StL Bison Fan
01-05-2017, 02:19 AM
I listened to the coach last week and she wasnt making excuses. She was laying out the facts and it all made sense. This and watching the game makes me feel pretty positive.

HerdBot
01-05-2017, 02:20 AM
Great thread.

Absolutely. In all fairness that thread was started when Dehoff was coach.

Everyone said it would take a few years before Walseth could recruit players who fit her system. It's all starting to come together. Like I said in another post... 6 freshman, 2 sophomores, and 1 junior. Get these ladies some time to develop their skills and he have one hell of a team. With the SHAC, all these kick ass facilities, and Full Cost Of Attendance... We have the tools now!

tony
01-05-2017, 02:31 AM
I have nothing to add. The WBB team is going in the right direction.

Just had to post something to bump this over that other thread.

56BISON73
01-05-2017, 02:33 AM
This is good to hear. Looks like they are making progress.

Mr Meaty
01-05-2017, 03:13 AM
Young team is finding their way with leadership of the couple upperclassmen on the floor. Great TEAM effort.

dewey
01-05-2017, 03:16 AM
Good win tonight over South Dakota. Now 2-1 in conference and the loss is a close loss to SDSU.

Good start to the conference season so far by the ladies.

Dewey

Bison Bridge Guy
01-05-2017, 03:43 AM
I went to NDSU from 1991-1996 during the D2 dominance and saw a lot of great women's basketball. I hope this is the start of sustained winning and competitiveness for a tourney shot on a regular basis.

HoopsBison
01-05-2017, 04:43 AM
nice effort by the ladies tonight...this program needs to win games to change the culture and get back to the glory days. Nights like this certainly help. Time to keep building and stacking wins!

bruinbison
01-05-2017, 12:40 PM
Great thread.

Absolutely. In all fairness that thread was started when Dehoff was coach.

Everyone said it would take a few years before Walseth could recruit players who fit her system. It's all starting to come together. Like I said in another post... 6 freshman, 2 sophomores, and 1 junior. Get these ladies some time to develop their skills and he have one hell of a team. With the SHAC, all these kick ass facilities, and Full Cost Of Attendance... We have the tools now!

And another large recruiting class already signed to add to those 9 players

Danneka Voegeli - C - 6' 2" - Winona, Minn. (Winona HS)

Macey Kvilvang - F - 6' 4" - Cando, N.D. (North Star HS)

Emily Dietz - F - 6' 3" - West Fargo, N.D. (Shanley HS)

Michelle Gaislerova - G - 5' 11" - Lincoln, Neb. (Lincoln Christian HS) and Gymnazium Pisek in Czech Republic

http://gobison.com/news/2016/11/9/ndsu-womens-basketball-signs-four-high-school-standouts-on-national-signing-day.aspx?path=wbball

NDSU could use some depth and height with their post players
and this recruiting class addresses that. 2 of the current post players are
seniors, (6' 1" Brianna Jones, 6' 1" Emily Spier)
so there will be opportunity next season for the incoming freshmen.

So if my North Dakota math is correct, that adds up to 13 scholarships.
Do the ladies get 15? Or are they maxed out at 13?

THEsocalledfan
01-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Great positive win. I will only temper it by reminding folks that the SDSU game would not have been close if SDSU was not shorthanded two players, including their star. However, this is still significant progress and we all should be pleased.

roadwarrior
01-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Women's basketball is allowed 15 scholarships.

bruinbison
01-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Women's basketball is allowed 15 scholarships.

Thanks, was wondering if Coach Walseth could add a recruit or 2.
Especially with how young the 6' + players will be next year.
So if the right JC transfer or grad transfer was out there, could bring
in someone with more experience to help the frontline. (Like was done with Brianna Jones)

Herd
01-05-2017, 03:14 PM
What are injuries to . . . Gamble, Spier, Jacobson, and Breske? When will they be back? Need bodies, will have more injuries if we have 8 on the active roster. next year's class can't get here soon enough. Like that size.

Mr Meaty
01-05-2017, 03:28 PM
What are injuries to . . . Gamble, Spier, Jacobson, and Breske? When will they be back? Need bodies, will have more injuries if we have 8 on the active roster. next year's class can't get here soon enough. Like that size.

I believe Gamble has been a knee issue, Spier was said to be a leg issue, Jacobson is a shoulder and not sure on Breske (been hurt most of her career). Sounded like Spier and Jacobson could be back fairly soon. Not sure on the other two.

Yes, need players or others will be burning out and getting injured.

Mr Pep Band
01-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Congrats to the women winning against USD last night. Listened on the radio, couldn't tell if NDSU's defense was really that good, or that USD was just cold shooting. It was probably a mix of both. Now that they're in Summit League play they will be more competitive but I see them going .500 in play and losing in the first round of the tourney. the only reason I say that is because they haven't won a game in Sioux falls since before I attended NDSU (Aug. 2009) and there is very little experience with tournament play.

Is this team improving? That answer is a definite YES! It will be fun to watch and listen the rest of the year.

Bisonator98
01-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Just glad to see this team be competitive again and playing with confidence. Hope they keep building on this, confidence and attitude goes a long way!

kab1one
01-05-2017, 11:56 PM
Congrats to the women winning against USD last night. Listened on the radio, couldn't tell if NDSU's defense was really that good, or that USD was just cold shooting. It was probably a mix of both. Now that they're in Summit League play they will be more competitive but I see them going .500 in play and losing in the first round of the tourney. the only reason I say that is because they haven't won a game in Sioux falls since before I attended NDSU (Aug. 2009) and there is very little experience with tournament play.

Is this team improving? That answer is a definite YES! It will be fun to watch and listen the rest of the year.

Everything was contested. Offense made open threes, and turnovers were down condsiderably from a month ago. It was a fun event.

Mr Meaty
01-06-2017, 02:40 PM
I saw Taylor T. at the game last night and congratulated her on the big win and her 1000 points. Just making sure the ladies know we are watching despite not being at the games. I have seen her and other lady bison at mens games this year. My buddy even stalked Easton Stick last night and got a selfie with him.

roadwarrior
01-08-2017, 06:41 PM
No comments so far in this thread by certain unnamed individuals.

PattyBison
01-08-2017, 07:17 PM

Isn't that something?

unbison
01-08-2017, 07:35 PM

It's no fun catching the positivity bug

Mr Meaty
01-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Isn't that something?

Those two will be back just wait for it.

natstar1
01-09-2017, 03:47 AM
Those two will be back just wait for it.

One is Bisonionette, who is the other?

BFKasper14
01-09-2017, 04:21 AM

Yep. They wanted NDSU to keep losing so they could keep spewing their doom and gloom shit. It's nice not hearing either of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelbison
01-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Road, thanks for starting this thread. The girls have EARNED it with their play! Like i said in another thread the last six games the girls have steadily improved! Hopefully Reilly isn't out for an extended period of time. She was just starting to play well.

Now we as fans need to come out and support this team! 600 is embarrassing. we need to get a couple of thousand fans to show up to show our support.

All the credit to the coach. The way this season started to keep the girls positive and focused says a lot for MW.

THEsocalledfan
01-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Great progress. There is NO denying we have seen clear improvement at this point.

kab1one
01-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Great progress. There is NO denying we have seen clear improvement at this point.

Someone mentioned 22 turnovers on Saturday, I was surprised they were that high, a month ago at the UND game you noticed the turnovers as they were losing the ball in the back court, in reflecting, they were turning the ball over going to the basket aggressively in transition.

Sarah was making shots and pushing the ball up the court.

At one point 4 Freshman and a sophomore on the court.

It doesn't feel like 600 people there as they make some noise.

Fun event to attend.

Bisonator98
01-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Road, thanks for starting this thread. The girls have EARNED it with their play! Like i said in another thread the last six games the girls have steadily improved! Hopefully Reilly isn't out for an extended period of time. She was just starting to play well.

Now we as fans need to come out and support this team! 600 is embarrassing. we need to get a couple of thousand fans to show up to show our support.

All the credit to the coach. The way this season started to keep the girls positive and focused says a lot for MW.

It'll take more then a few wins to get butts back in the seats. Hopefully the team keeps doing well and eventually the fans will respond.

HerdBot
01-13-2017, 10:05 PM
Future looks even brighter with some really good young talent coming in. Macey Kvilvang will give us some much needed height at 6-5 and had offers from The Gophers, Boise State, Arizona, and the F'awkers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24h2I7oarIU

Mr Meaty
01-19-2017, 02:25 PM
Question for the people in the know. Hanna Breske has been on the team for 4 years. Here are her minutes played with this season( only 19 games) back to season of 13-14. 33 minutes, 46 minutes, 3 minutes and 242 minutes her freshmen year. Have we been burning a schollie on her the whole time? Obviously her treatment and getting her back on the court is not and has not worked. I question is what do you do with a player like this that is unable to get healthy and contribute? Injuries are part of the game but we see football players just about every year give up the sport and continue with school.

roadwarrior
01-19-2017, 02:36 PM
Question for the people in the know. Hanna Breske has been on the team for 4 years. Here are her minutes played with this season( only 19 games) back to season of 13-14. 33 minutes, 46 minutes, 3 minutes and 242 minutes her freshmen year. Have we been burning a schollie on her the whole time? Obviously her treatment and getting her back on the court is not and has not worked. I question is what do you do with a player like this that is unable to get healthy and contribute? Injuries are part of the game but we see football players just about every year give up the sport and continue with school.

Since the coach hasn't maxed out the scholarship limit, it really doesn't matter too much.

Bison"FANatic"
01-19-2017, 02:50 PM

To be completely honest it may not be the nicest thing to say but sometimes the truth hurts. I don't think many on here thought she was a DI player from the day she committed.

Mr Meaty
01-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Since the coach hasn't maxed out the scholarship limit, it really doesn't matter too much.

I do realize that. But then what about the treatment she is getting for her injuries. Are we letting her down there?

roadwarrior
01-19-2017, 03:27 PM
I do realize that. But then what about the treatment she is getting for her injuries. Are we letting her down there?

Isn't it a concussion issue?

Mr Meaty
01-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Isn't it a concussion issue?

I am not sure what the injury is.