PDA

View Full Version : Vick

Gully
01-07-2006, 11:47 AM
From USA Today,

"Vick said before the Hokies' 35-24 comeback victory in the Gator Bowl that he planned to return for his senior season with the Hokies. Now, his choices are to stay at Virginia Tech as a student, declare for the NFL Draft by the Jan. 15 deadline or transfer to a Division I-AA school so he can play next season without sitting out."

Ya, I know he said he's going pro but can you imagine him running around in the Fargodome?

BisonCountry
01-07-2006, 04:00 PM
I don't think he is good enough to make it in the NFL.

sambini
01-07-2006, 05:03 PM
I think VA TECH did the right thing and kicking him off the team. He needs to grow up. Him being a pro ?

MinotBison
01-07-2006, 05:19 PM
From USA Today,

"Vick said before the Hokies' 35-24 comeback victory in the Gator Bowl that he planned to return for his senior season with the Hokies. Now, his choices are to stay at Virginia Tech as a student, declare for the NFL Draft by the Jan. 15 deadline or transfer to a Division I-AA school so he can play next season without sitting out."

Ya, I know he said he's going pro but can you imagine him running around in the Fargodome?

I seriously doubt Coach Bohl would have anything to do with him, no matter how good he is.

IowaBison
01-07-2006, 05:39 PM
You're right. MinotBison, we need to continue to work toward our goal winning the National Championship in 2008. Adding Vick or anyother superplayer/troublemaker would not be in the Bison' interest.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-07-2006, 06:53 PM
If Vick were going to be available in 2008 and he was interested in coming to NDSU I think we would almost have to close our eyes and hope for the best. As it is there is no reason to bring this no-class, overhyped loser into our program.

bincitysioux
01-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Can someone explain to me the rule about why Vick would have to transfer to a I-AA or DII school. Why can't he transfer to another DI-A school?

BisBison
01-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Can someone explain to me the rule about why Vick would have to transfer to a I-AA or DII school. *Why can't he transfer to another DI-A school?
He can, but he has to sit out a year b-4 playing again. A I-A player can transfer to a I-AA school and not have to wait. Can't explain it it's the NCAA rule

bisonmike
01-07-2006, 07:36 PM
vick's a punk. An immature spoiled athlete who thinks he's better than he is b/c he's the brother of Mike Vick. He's got talent but doesn't possess the maturity and the poise to become successful at the next level.

SirHinn
01-07-2006, 11:11 PM
I don't think he is good enough to make it in the NFL.

Wrong wrong wrong. Marcus Vick certainly has the talent to make it into the NFL. Talent has never been the question with Mr. Vick. The bigger question is if he has the maturity and character level to make it into the NFL. Anyone who watched him play this year saw he has much better mechanics then his brother. He doesn't rely on his feet and he goes through all of his progressions. His development on the field was amazing considering this was his first year as the starting QB. Talent has never been a question with him but I can't see a team wasting a first day pick on him. Way way way too many character problems. A team will certainly take a chance on him, but it probably won't be until the 4th or 5th round where the team won't have anything to lose.
Elvin Summerville (the louisville player who Marcus stepped on during the bowl game) got it right with Marcus Vick when he called him a "no character individual.

IowaBison
01-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Wrong wrong wrong. *Marcus Vick certainly has the talent to make it into the NFL. *Talent has never been the question with Mr. Vick. *The bigger question is if he has the maturity and character level to make it into the NFL. *Anyone who watched him play this year saw he has much better mechanics then his brother. *He doesn't rely on his feet and he goes through all of his progressions. *His development on the field was amazing considering this was his first year as the starting QB. *Talent has never been a question with him *but I can't see a team wasting a first day pick on him. *Way way way too many character problems. *A team will certainly take a chance on him, but it probably won't be until the 4th or 5th round where the team won't have anything to lose.
Elvin Summerville (the louisville player who Marcus stepped on during the bowl game) got it right with Marcus Vick when he called him a "no character individual.

That really depends on your definition of "make it". To me getting drafted and getting cut before the season starts isn't making it.

Teams need leadership to win and the first place to look on the footbal field is with the quarterback postion. Tell me how many 30 year old NFL veterans are goin' to look at this Vick character and see a leader given the crap he's done. Tell me how many coaches are going to invest much if anything in the kid given that fact.

Green-N-Gold
01-09-2006, 04:28 PM
He would be a great fit for the MN Viqueens with his sexual, drug related, and traffic offenses. He would be one of the rookies next year who will set up the next loveboat. A perfect choice!

insane_ponderer
01-09-2006, 05:24 PM
well basically it can go one of two ways with vick

1. show up, have an awesome combine, goes in the first day of the draft, a few mentions of his behavior, but since he did so well they will be of the "he is going to have to grow up and mature" or "its good to see competative fire but he will have to learn to control himself"

2. doesn't work out, or else has a very poor workout in which then you will hear the "hes a cancer", "he doesnt have the desire or commitment it takes at the next level", "he has an attitude problem"

his draft status is stictly based on performance, i mean its not like he killed someone, players have done much worse and gotten away with much more and still been drafted very high.

Green-N-Gold
01-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Like Lawrence Phillips?

kchats
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Or Maurice Clarrett? :o

Green-N-Gold
01-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Or Maurice Clarrett? :o

What a waste of potential. He could be king of the world if he could have lost his attitude.

Now he and Rae Carruth can share football stories in the clink.

kchats
01-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Yep. He should have stayed at Ohio State but he was in trouble there as well. The sad thing is Denver actually drafted the guy. Lawrence Phillips and Maurice Clarrett are criminals that belong in jail.

IowaBison
01-09-2006, 10:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285819

things only get better for this kid!

sambini
01-10-2006, 12:34 AM
He is a bad apple.

SirHinn
01-10-2006, 04:38 AM
So much for all my talk about Marcus Vick getting drafted based on talent alone. With this latest incident, it would appear to be highly unlikely that Mr. Vick gets drafted at this point. He is indeed a bad apple.

Shakermaker
01-23-2006, 11:11 AM
I think VA TECH did the right thing and kicking him off the team. He needs to grow up. Him being a pro ?

Let me run something by you zany Bison fans. I'm from Montana, graduated from U of M. I grew up in an area that wasn't far from Washington State University (those from ND or Montana know what I mean... a few hours is close). I now live in the Seattle area... University of Washington territory.

My point: Montana, Great Falls to be exact, had a D-bag become one of the countries best QBs at the time in the late 90s... he attended WSU. His name was Ryan Leaf and he went #1 in the NFL draft over Payton Manning (I bet San Diego would like that pick back). He had, and probably still does, a shitty attitude and look where it took him. Not a Montanan claims the insperational QB for Broke Back Mountain anymore, and he didn't even wave a gun at teens like Vik the prick. Be carefull what you wish for OR WHAT IF for.

I'll counter my own arguement with Randy Moss... playing for FSU, getting kicked off and going to Marshall in 96'... beating the Griz in the IAA NC game. We didn't get our back to back IAA NC title because of that man. He's still a punk though

SirHinn
01-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Let me run something by you zany Bison fans. *I'm from Montana, graduated from U of M. *I grew up in an area that wasn't far from Washington State University (those from ND or Montana know what I mean... a few hours is close). *I now live in the Seattle area... University of Washington territory.

My point: *Montana, Great Falls to be exact, had a D-bag become one of the countries best QBs at the time in the late 90s... he attended WSU. *His name was Ryan Leaf and he went #1 in the NFL draft over Payton Manning (I bet San Diego would like that pick back). *He had, and probably still does, a shitty attitude and look where it took him. *Not a Montanan claims the insperational QB for Broke Back Mountain anymore, and he didn't even wave a gun at teens like Vik the prick. *Be carefull what you wish for OR WHAT IF for. *

I'll counter my own arguement with Randy Moss... playing for FSU, getting kicked off and going to Marshall in 96'... beating the Griz in the IAA NC game. *We didn't get our back to back IAA NC title because of that man. *He's still a punk though *

Ryan Leaf got drafted #2 by the Chargers, not #1.

silkamilkamonico
01-23-2006, 09:43 PM

Yes.

Indianapolis was actually on the verge of taking Leaf instead of Manning. They had his potential, ability, upside, arm, and everything with the exception of character over Manning. The owner stepped in a couple days before the draft and said he did not want Leaf drafted, so they took Manning instead.

Shakermaker
01-23-2006, 11:29 PM

Your splitting hairs and missing the point. One or two... It's all good until you show your crappy attitude in the NFL. Leaf was a bust.

SDbison
01-24-2006, 12:46 AM
What does Vick have to do with NDSU sports? Actually who cares. He is just another gifted athlete that is so stupid he throws it all away. Please end this worthless topic.

Shakermaker
01-24-2006, 07:55 AM
What does Vick have to do with NDSU sports? Actually who cares. He is just another gifted athlete that is so stupid he throws it all away. Please end this worthless topic.

Someone asked a
;D gee SDBISON, wouldn't it be neat if NDSU picked up Vik? And then you replied the above because you didn't read the origional thread.

SDbison
01-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Someone asked a
;D gee SDBISON, wouldn't it be neat if NDSU picked up Vik? *And then you replied the above because you didn't read the origional thread.
Already knew that and it is still a worthless topic that has nothing to do with NDSU football.

silkamilkamonico
01-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Already knew that and it is still a worthless topic that has nothing to do with NDSU football.

I agree.

I understand the concept of this thread, but why, really?

1)he stands a better chance of being drafted in the top 5 then coming to NDSU, even though they both will never happen.

2)I would be upset if he did come to NDSU. That means all our other QB's with good character would basically give up a year for this worthless piece of garbage.

go_bison
01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going

Gully
01-25-2006, 12:43 AM
I agree this is a worthless thread and I started it. *It does amuse me to read the 28 replies, however. * ;D

bisoner1011
02-04-2006, 01:12 AM
I would really compare Steve Walker pre-injury to michael vick if were talking about speed and agility and elusiveness. no doubt