PDA

View Full Version : Minot State football coach resigns

MinotBison
12-24-2016, 03:31 AM
I guess a new scoreboard and press box weren't the answer.

http://www.msubeavers.com/news/2016/12/23/hughes-resigns-as-head-football-coach.aspx

MinotBison
12-24-2016, 03:55 AM
The interim coach, Shane LaDage,, coached tight ends and assisted with special teams at Wyoming for two years prior to coming to Minot State this past season.

Honeybooboo
12-24-2016, 05:27 PM
Minot st has a football team?

oldmantutters
12-24-2016, 11:43 PM
They got uniforms and everything. It's really great!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie
12-25-2016, 05:37 PM
They got uniforms and everything. It's really great!

And about 30 transfers from places like California, Virginia, Carolinas. They are the complete winning DII team with only 5 kids from ND. Winter says 50% of those transfer kids never play a second season there.

WestDak
12-27-2016, 02:01 AM
And about 30 transfers from places like California, Virginia, Carolinas. They are the complete winning DII team with only 5 kids from ND. Winter says 50% of those transfer kids never play a second season there.

University of Mary has 49 North Dakota players and won only one game all year. Minot won 3. So two extremes regarding North Dakota recruiting between those two teams, with pretty much the same result.

mtoutfitter
12-28-2016, 02:33 PM

QB coach Randy Hedberg played there......went to the NFL too.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2016, 02:49 PM

And was the head coach there......he was pretty young at the time.

MAKBison
12-28-2016, 03:04 PM
These small towns small universities having successful college football programs is a good thing for NDSU. It's too bad why not does not have a good program I've heard they've had some real thugs in there program

Honeybooboo
12-28-2016, 08:32 PM

I know, was just being sarcastic

unbison
12-28-2016, 09:25 PM
These small towns small universities having successful college football programs is a good thing for NDSU. It's too bad why not does not have a good program I've heard they've had some real thugs in there program

How does this affect Ndsu ?

MAKBison
12-28-2016, 11:21 PM
How does this affect Ndsu ?

nothing directly but indirectly it’s just good for the sport and good for NDSU being NDSU is a FB school. If you have a kick ass NCIA or D2 teams in your area folks will follow them, kids follow them. That is that more kids playing Fball than being on skates or kicking a round ball around. When you have this shit and thugs running around causing issues it gives everyone a black eye.....of course relevant based on the degrees of separation, but there is an effect.

unbison
12-29-2016, 10:51 AM
nothing directly but indirectly it’s just good for the sport and good for NDSU being NDSU is a FB school. If you have a kick ass NCIA or D2 teams in your area folks will follow them, kids follow them. That is that more kids playing Fball than being on skates or kicking a round ball around. When you have this shit and thugs running around causing issues it gives everyone a black eye.....of course relevant based on the degrees of separation, but there is an effect.
Wow that's a stretch!

MinotBison
01-15-2017, 05:39 AM
I've heard that there is something in the neighborhood of 95 applicants for the HC opening in football. No word, however, on when they will begin narrowing things down. Ideally, wouldn't it be a good thing if they had someone in place by signing day?

Tony Almeida
01-15-2017, 05:10 PM
I've heard that there is something in the neighborhood of 95 applicants for the HC opening in football. No word, however, on when they will begin narrowing things down. Ideally, wouldn't it be a good thing if they had someone in place by signing day?Yes and with someone who can build a winning program for a change....U Mary needs to get their shit together too. They've had NAIA teams that would have kicked the shit out the garbage thats going on there as of late...

tjbison
01-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Yes and with someone who can build a winning program for a change....U Mary needs to get their shit together too. They've had NAIA teams that would have kicked the shit out the garbage thats going on there as of late...

Recruiting NAIA and being competitive in Bismarck and Minot are a different animal than Recruiting top D2 against MN, IA, and SD schools that have a larger and more talented pool to recruit from. Minot especially has to be a very difficult place to recruit to, they are really in the middle of nowhere in terms of the NSIC. Maybe I'm totally wrong but in ND having Two DI, Two DII and numerous NAIA plus throw in MSU-Moorhead and UM-Crookston there isn't much left for talent in ND or NW MN

Tony Almeida
01-16-2017, 03:18 AM
Recruiting NAIA and being competitive in Bismarck and Minot are a different animal than Recruiting top D2 against MN, IA, and SD schools that have a larger and more talented pool to recruit from. Minot especially has to be a very difficult place to recruit to, they are really in the middle of nowhere in terms of the NSIC. Maybe I'm totally wrong but in ND having Two DI, Two DII and numerous NAIA plus throw in MSU-Moorhead and UM-Crookston there isn't much left for talent in ND or NW MNAgain, there were NAIA teams that Mary and Minot had in the past that would have kicked these current guys around...all those schools you mentioned were all still there in the past when these schools were NAIA.....soooo come again.

Let me indulge you for a second...then what is Northern St's excuse? They have a very successful football program as far as the NSIC goes... Have you been to Aberdeen, middle of nowhere??? Bismarck and Minot are paradise in comparison...

Also NAIA teams like Carroll College and Sioux Falls (when they were NAIA) dominated that division for decades and would have beaten a lot of, if not most, Div II teams...Carroll College being in middle of nowhere Montana and Sioux Falls in a hotbed of many DII and NAIA teams...

bruinbison
01-16-2017, 11:53 AM
It's interesting to me to see Northern on National Signing Day
and how many Fargo metro area recruits the Wolves sign.
Right now I count 7 Fargo area players on their roster, plus they
have more from the rest of ND.

Don't know if they are winning head to head against MSU-Moorhead for
these players, but they are doing a good job with FM being a pipeline for Aberdeen.

NDSU_grad
01-17-2017, 02:09 AM
Again, there were NAIA teams that Mary and Minot had in the past that would have kicked these current guys around...all those schools you mentioned were all still there in the past when these schools were NAIA.....soooo come again.

Let me indulge you for a second...then what is Northern St's excuse? They have a very successful football program as far as the NSIC goes... Have you been to Aberdeen, middle of nowhere??? Bismarck and Minot are paradise in comparison...

Also NAIA teams like Carroll College and Sioux Falls (when they were NAIA) dominated that division for decades and would have beaten a lot of, if not most, Div II teams...Carroll College being in middle of nowhere Montana and Sioux Falls in a hotbed of many DII and NAIA teams...
Recruiting as an NAIA school is easier in a lot of ways. When Minot St. Was good in the 90's they had a lot of success recruiting Canada with guys who would have trouble with the NCAA clearinghouse.

Tony Almeida
01-17-2017, 10:26 AM
It's interesting to me to see Northern on National Signing Day
and how many Fargo metro area recruits the Wolves sign.
Right now I count 7 Fargo area players on their roster, plus they
have more from the rest of ND.

Don't know if they are winning head to head against MSU-Moorhead for
these players, but they are doing a good job with FM being a pipeline for Aberdeen.More proof that UMary and Minot aren't doing enough. Thank you.

Recruiting as an NAIA school is easier in a lot of ways. When Minot St. Was good in the 90's they had a lot of success recruiting Canada with guys who would have trouble with their he NCAA clearinghouse.I'm starting to feel like I'm arguing with my brother's kids...

unbison
01-17-2017, 10:56 AM
More proof that UMary and Minot aren't doing enough. Thank you.

I'm starting to feel like I'm arguing with my brother's kids...

Why they use logical arguments?

NDSU_grad
01-17-2017, 07:26 PM
More proof that UMary and Minot aren't doing enough. Thank you.

I'm starting to feel like I'm arguing with my brother's kids...
So you argue their NAIA teams were better; I agree with you and tell you why that is so. It's pretty simple. Recruiting as an NCAA DII school is much harder for them than as an NAIA school. They obviously haven't figured out a good system yet.

MinotBison
01-17-2017, 11:52 PM
They've narrowed it to three finalists.

http://www.msubeavers.com/news/2017/1/17/football-minot-state-narrows-the-search-to-three.aspx

Tony Almeida
01-18-2017, 03:30 AM
Why they use logical arguments?Show me the logic genius.

Tony Almeida
01-18-2017, 03:32 AM
So you argue their NAIA teams were better; I agree with you and tell you why that is so. It's pretty simple. Recruiting as an NCAA DII school is much harder for them than as an NAIA school. They obviously haven't figured out a good system yet.You're arguing with yourself while answering yourself.

unbison
01-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Show me the logic genius.

Well on to name calling...
the logic is that it's easier to recruit naia kids because the entrance requirements are easier ... and this is the point people were making when you compared it to segueing with children.... however the only one acting at all childish is you so look in the mirror yep you are acting like a little booger eater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSU_grad
01-18-2017, 11:10 AM
They've narrowed it to three finalists.

http://www.msubeavers.com/news/2017/1/17/football-minot-state-narrows-the-search-to-three.aspx
That's a solid list of applicants.

NDSU_grad
01-18-2017, 11:11 AM
you're arguing with yourself while answering yourself.
lol lol lol.

Tony Almeida
01-19-2017, 04:13 AM
Well on to name calling...
the logic is that it's easier to recruit naia kids because the entrance requirements are easier ... and this is the point people were making when you compared it to segueing with children.... however the only one acting at all childish is you so look in the mirror yep you are acting like a little booger eater
So entry requirements is the deal breaker huh? That's the difference between putting a solid team out on the field vs whatever shit UMary and Minot St have been producing recently in DII....
Well then, maybe they should just move back down to NAIA...better players, better product, more fans...
Somebody send out a memo to Sioux Falls, they haven't regressed at all since moving to DII.
Somebody also let Carroll College know not to even bother moving up. The winning days will be over, same fate as UMary and Minot St.
I feel bad for NCAA teams, all these superior athletes in NAIA they just cannot get their hands on bc of regulations.

MinotBison
01-31-2017, 12:03 AM
Former Augie coach is the new HC for the Beavers.

http://www.msubeavers.com/news/2017/1/30/aldrich-announced-as-head-football-coach.aspx?print=true