PDA

View Full Version : YSU Fan needs 2 tickets to FCS Championship

GoGuins2016
12-21-2016, 10:41 PM
Bison Fans - Thank you all for helping us YSU fans find tickets to the game. It's very much appreciated after our AD only took 1000 seats from the NCAA.

I've found 6 seats so far thanks to your group, but I'm in need to 2 more tickets in section 108 for the game. My family will be in Frisco to cheer on my nephew who plays for YSU.

If anyone has any tickets left that they are willing to sell at face value in section 108, please let me know.

Thank you again for your help!

Bisonwinagn
12-22-2016, 02:49 AM
Bison Fans - Thank you all for helping us YSU fans find tickets to the game. It's very much appreciated after our AD only took 1000 seats from the NCAA.

I've found 6 seats so far thanks to your group, but I'm in need to 2 more tickets in section 108 for the game. My family will be in Frisco to cheer on my nephew who plays for YSU.

If anyone has any tickets left that they are willing to sell at face value in section 108, please let me know.

Please explain how / why they made that decision so quick??

tjbison
12-22-2016, 02:58 AM
Lol....they turned back 3k tickets sounds like a well run operation

Sucks for the fans

GoGuins2016
12-22-2016, 02:10 PM
No idea. It was a big mistake by the school. At least the players could buy 2 seats for family members. But now we are scrambling to find more seats for the rest of the family. Gotta love it.

Professor Chaos
12-22-2016, 02:24 PM
From what I've gathered from pissed off Penguins on AGS is that the YSU AD had to make a decision on how many Frisco tickets they would want if they potentially made it around the time of their 2nd round game against JSU. The thought is that he was gun shy about taking the full 4000 because they only drew a shade over 5000 for their 1st round home game against Samford.

Now anyone that follows the FCS playoffs knows that Thanksgiving weekend attendance is always pitiful and that a trip to Frisco will bring a lot of closet fans out of the woodwork. It was very much a lack of foresight from the YSU AD but, to a certain extent, YSU fans also have to blame themselves for not showing up for home playoff games earlier in the tournament. Now there's also apparently a long history of this AD at YSU catering only to the big money donors and not caring at all about the smaller money donors and average Joe season tickets holders which has apparently hurt attendance to a certain extent. It also seems he may have underestimated the possibility that his team would end up in Frisco. All in all, it's a mess.

GoGuins2016
12-22-2016, 02:40 PM
From what I've gathered from pissed off Penguins on AGS is that the YSU AD had to make a decision on how many Frisco tickets they would want if they potentially made it around the time of their 2nd round game against JSU. The thought is that he was gun shy about taking the full 4000 because they only drew a shade over 5000 for their 1st round home game against Samford.

Now anyone that follows the FCS playoffs knows that Thanksgiving weekend attendance is always pitiful and that a trip to Frisco will bring a lot of closet fans out of the woodwork. It was very much a lack of foresight from the YSU AD but, to a certain extent, YSU fans also have to blame themselves for not showing up for home playoff games earlier in the tournament. Now there's also apparently a long history of this AD at YSU catering only to the big money donors and not caring at all about the smaller money donors and average Joe season tickets holders which has apparently hurt attendance to a certain extent. It also seems he may have underestimated the possibility that his team would end up in Frisco. All in all, it's a mess.

Agreed! All in all, it's a mess.

Bisonator98
12-22-2016, 02:45 PM

That is simply not true. The NCAA gives both semi-final winners 4,000 tickets each. They either sell them or send them back. YSU must have returned 3,000 right away which was assinine on their part.

GoGuins2016
12-22-2016, 02:57 PM
That is simply not true. The NCAA gives both semi-final winners 4,000 tickets each. They either sell them or send them back. YSU must have returned 3,000 right away which was assinine on their part.

Then add in how many they set aside for players, coaches and school employees and they probably only sold 600-700 tickets total to loge holders.

GoGuins2016
12-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Also, we still need 2 tickets without wristbands in section 108 if anyone has any left to sell.

Thanks.

southcliffbison
12-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Also, we still need 2 tickets without wristbands in section 108 if anyone has any left to sell.

Thanks.

Check your PM's.

Bisonwinagn
12-22-2016, 07:03 PM

Agreed that's a complete lie. Schools don't have to pay for anything. Every playoff game the home team has to allocate a set number of tickets to the away team and if they don't sell them they are simply returned. YSU completely f'd up and don't want to admit their failures.

letsgoguins
12-23-2016, 02:12 PM
Agreed that's a complete lie. Schools don't have to pay for anything. Every playoff game the home team has to allocate a set number of tickets to the away team and if they don't sell them they are simply returned. YSU completely f'd up and don't want to admit their failures.

They definitely F'd up, but the NCAA FCS Championship Manual tends to line up with what they are saying. This was emailed to me and brought up on a local talk show. Still doesn't change the fact it was STUPID:

2. Participating Institutions. Tickets for seats in sections 100-107 (4,000 spectators) will be reserved for the home team to sell via its institutional outlets. 350 band seats will also be held for the home team on the stage. Tickets for seats in sections 126-133 (4,000 spectators) will be reserved for the visiting team to sell via its institutional outlets. 350 band seats will also be held for the visiting team on the stage. Each team is required to purchase not less than 1,000 tickets. Ticket prices are $65 sideline; and $75 midfield. A seating manifest will be emailed by Trina Simerly to each of the four semifinal teams.
Not later than Sunday, December 18 each institution shall inform Trina Simerly how many tickets they would like for the championship game (and their locations). Confirmed sales only will be printed and shipped via next-day delivery to each institution by AXS. Ticket links will be provided to ticket managers for the remaining block (with Flash Seats as the required method of delivery).
A participating institution may return any unsold tickets. They will need to inform Trina Simerly at the NCAA (tsimerly@ncaa.org; 317-917-6516) of the number of electronic tickets to be returned and their location no later than 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday, December 26. No hard ticket returns will be accepted. Once the competing institutions release the tickets being retained, the NCAA and Team Frisco may use them for sale to the general public.
The NCAA will invoice the participating institutions for all tickets taken and payment will be due to the NCAA not later than 30 days after the date of the championship game.

EC8CH
12-23-2016, 02:22 PM
So ysu could wait until after their semifinals win to request how many tickets they wanted. They took the minimum of 1000 when they could have taken up to 4000 with the option of returning unsold tickets by Dec 26.

Makes almost zero sense they took the minimum.

Mr Meaty
12-23-2016, 02:24 PM
I need to get to know Trina Simerly, she appears to be the one with the tickets.

GOBISON123
12-23-2016, 02:25 PM

I will give you with two tickets if you give us Bo Pellini.

gumby013
12-23-2016, 02:43 PM
I need to get to know Trina Simerly, she appears to be the one with the tickets.

http://intelligenceref.blogspot.com/2010/11/romeo-spies.html

BisonTru
12-23-2016, 03:03 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/13jghlUIB6FHZm/200.gif#21

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2016, 03:25 PM

No. We would also get Carl. No way.

Bisonwinagn
12-24-2016, 02:57 AM
So ysu could wait until after their semifinals win to request how many tickets they wanted. They took the minimum of 1000 when they could have taken up to 4000 with the option of returning unsold tickets by Dec 26.

Makes almost zero sense they took the minimum.

Yes it appears they had until the 26th to return them and no payment was required for anything until 30 days after the game. Someone made a big boo boo!!

EC8CH
12-24-2016, 03:16 AM
Yes it appears they had until the 26th to return them and no payment was required for anything until 30 days after the game. Someone made a big boo boo!!

Plus it appears members of their AD have been giving misleading statements to the press making it look like they are trying to cover up their mistakes. What a mess.

perthbison
12-24-2016, 03:59 AM
Plus it appears members of their AD have been giving misleading statements to the press making it look like they are trying to cover up their mistakes. What a mess.

Hmmmm. I've seen this situation before but I can't remember where:confused:

kdubs
01-03-2017, 12:32 AM

I have one ticket for section 108 I'll sell at face value $75. I'll even eat the fees.

HerdBoy
01-03-2017, 02:40 AM

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/3_zpskw9mknsw.gif