PDA

View Full Version : 7 JMU Players Suspended for FCS Title Game

NDSUstudent
12-20-2016, 04:27 AM
HARRISONBURG – The James Madison University football program has suspended seven players, according to the school’s athletic department.

The suspensions occur as James Madison prepares to play for its second NCAA FCS championship. On Jan. 7, the Dukes face Youngstown State in Frisco, Texas.

On Monday, JMU football coach Mike Houston said he would have no further comment and would not elaborate on the nature of the offenses that led to the suspensions.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/seven-james-madison-football-players-suspended

StL Bison Fan
12-20-2016, 04:33 AM
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/seven-james-madison-football-players-suspended

Wow. .

EC8CH
12-20-2016, 04:46 AM
Troubling to see this many suspensions on both teams in the Championship this year.

CAS4127
12-20-2016, 05:15 AM
So cheating teams get to play for the Natty, including the one that beat us. I thought they seemed a bit strong and aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StL Bison Fan
12-20-2016, 05:18 AM
So cheating teams get to play for the Natty, including the one that beat us. I thought they seemed a bit strong and aggressive.

Looks like it. I am sure the NCAA and FCS committe can spin this like a top.
Disappointing

56BISON73
12-20-2016, 05:25 AM

So thy have 7 suspended. They said 2 didnt play and they named them. So I guess the other 5 did play even though they knew there were issues?

MrSnuffleupagus
12-20-2016, 11:37 AM
Good to know that if either Youngstown or James Madison win the championship this year, their win will have a huge asterisk in my book. Sure, these players aren't playing in the championship...but they played in all the games that put them in this place. If I was a player of any team that was in the playoffs, I would be extremely angry.

bisonp
12-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Well, we don't know what the suspensions are for yet. If they are for pot, no big deal in my book. If they are for PEDs, it's absolutely ridiculous the process allows them to play a game after being caught.

I don't know about JMU, but I do know cheating is just business as usual for a championship Youngstown team.

Bison"FANatic"
12-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Wow now that pisses me off. I have no problem loosing fair and square but loosing to cheaters sucks. Talk about a tainted championship.

EC8CH
12-20-2016, 12:08 PM
We don't know if the suspensions were due to PEDs though, do we?

mebisonII
12-20-2016, 12:15 PM
JMU fan on FCSfans saying that none of the 7 played in the NDSU game, and that you can figure out who most of them are by looking at game-day rosters. 2 starters and the rest from the 2-4 deep.

HerdBoy
12-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Looks like it. I am sure the NCAA and FCS committee can spin this like a top.
Disappointing

7 were suspended but 53 weren't.

tony
12-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Well, we don't know what the suspensions are for yet. If they are for pot, no big deal in my book.

Yeah, my thoughts too.

Bison Gal
12-20-2016, 12:59 PM
Interesting for sure. May not be PEDS but may be PEDS...and possibly 5 played against NDSU....and they aren't clarifying. I guess we'll be able to confirm fan board folks saying those 5 did not when natty program is released.

I understand drug testing is random so not all players are tested....correct?

TransAmBison
12-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Meh, bottom line is NDSU did not play well enough to get to Frisco. We had our chances, but came up short. And, no players on the Bison were suspended. I can live with that. I hope the fire is renewed for next year.

Bison Gal
12-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Meh, bottom line is NDSU did not play well enough to get to Frisco. We had our chances, but came up short. And, no players on the Bison were suspended. I can live with that. I hope the fire is renewed for next year.

^^^^Agree^^^^

MrSnuffleupagus
12-20-2016, 01:15 PM
Wow now that pisses me off. I have no problem loosing fair and square but loosing to cheaters sucks. Talk about a tainted championship.

oh no! Excuses!

paging Scottiehottie's raging butthurt

MrSnuffleupagus
12-20-2016, 01:20 PM

No doubt. Championships are great, but NDSU still had a very successful season. Beat Iowa, beat UNI, beat SDSU (when it counted), further than UN_; sounds solid to me.

tony
12-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Time to bring back Bud Bowl! Er, that's probably not going to fly... Blunt Bowl? Bowl Bowl?

Bison"FANatic"
12-20-2016, 02:17 PM
oh no! Excuses!

paging Scottiehottie's raging butthurt

For me it is not just with this. It is all the crap with different drug suspensions in all of sports. From the Olympics to our professional baseball, football teams having people using PED's. It pisses me off that people have to cheat and taint the games.

This may have been "just" pot it may not have been. It should have to be made public and who it is and what it is. The coaches hiding who it is so the other team won't know is bull. To me it is just like condoning it as they are using it as a advantage to make the other team not know who they are preparing for. There should be no "Gamesmanship" in the reporting or hiding behind privacy rules.

IzzyFlexion
12-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Interesting for sure. May not be PEDS but may be PEDS...and possibly 5 played against NDSU....and they aren't clarifying. I guess we'll be able to confirm fan board folks saying those 5 did not when natty program is released.

I understand drug testing is random so not all players are tested....correct?

With this significant number of suspensions, does the NCAA have anything in their testing policy that calls for another screening (of those that were not randomly tested on this go-round) ?

BisonTeacher
12-20-2016, 02:19 PM

Well said sir.

Mr Meaty
12-20-2016, 03:48 PM
So "if" it is PEDs, we are to believe only the 2-4 deep roster guys are doing it???? Really? I do not get the it is "just" pot either. I guess I am old school when it comes to that.

ByeSonBusiness
12-20-2016, 03:52 PM
So "if" it is PEDs, we are to believe only the 2-4 deep roster guys are doing it???? Really? I do not get the it is "just" pot either. I guess I am old school when it comes to that.

I believe CAS touched on a teammate being busted back in the day. Using this line of thinking, should we really believe only the one guy was using?

I don't think pot is the end of the world but if am athlete is using it and gets busted I feel zero sympathy for them.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-20-2016, 04:00 PM
For me it is not just with this. It is all the crap with different drug suspensions in all of sports. From the Olympics to our professional baseball, football teams having people using PED's. It pisses me off that people have to cheat and taint the games.

This may have been "just" pot it may not have been. It should have to be made public and who it is and what it is. The coaches hiding who it is so the other team won't know is bull. To me it is just like condoning it as they are using it as a advantage to make the other team not know who they are preparing for. There should be no "Gamesmanship" in the reporting or hiding behind privacy rules.

I agree 100% with you. Its kinda classless that they coach is using something like this as an 'advantage' to keep Youngstown guessing. Actually, it isn't 'kinda' classless, it is.

bisonp
12-20-2016, 04:07 PM
I believe CAS touched on a teammate being busted back in the day. Using this line of thinking, should we really believe only the one guy was using?

I don't think pot is the end of the world but if am athlete is using it and gets busted I feel zero sympathy for them.

It's not one guy, it's 7. And correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not certain, but wasn't it a random test?

Mr Meaty
12-20-2016, 04:11 PM
It's not one guy, it's 7. And correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not certain, but wasn't it a random test?

Yes, random test and you get a "positive" on 7 players??? what are the odds. How many get randomly tested each time?

StL Bison Fan
12-20-2016, 04:57 PM
For years we have been excited about all the exposure we have received from the media.
We certainly could not have paid for it all. Some were saying that someone else needs to win because its "not good for football' for one team to win all the time.
Well, you got your wish. JMU and Youngstown need to enjoy the media attention. It just might not be the attention you wanted.
(I am not pushing aside some of the bad press ndsu received- we certainly know how it feels. It just never got to the national level. Its how you handle this that matters)

IzzyFlexion
12-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Yes, random test and you get a "positive" on 7 players??? what are the odds. How many get randomly tested each time?

Indeed!

Should have both schools' whole team line up..........whip their shit out...........and staaarrrrrrtttt pissin'.

But, I'm sure that the civil rights/PC crowd would freak the eff out if that happened.

JDZ
12-22-2016, 02:52 AM
The suspensions were probably for election fraud. Didn't Trump almost win Virginia?

17>1
12-22-2016, 04:21 AM
Probably a bit of a drift, but are there any Bisonville folks still heading down to the game? I've got a flight and hotel booked so I'm going. Think I'm gonna cheer on the MoValley , even though I'm not a fan of Bo.

56BISON73
12-22-2016, 04:42 AM
Probably a bit of a drift, but are there any Bisonville folks still heading down to the game? I've got a flight and hotel booked so I'm going. Think I'm gonna cheer on the MoValley , even though I'm not a fan of Bo.

Had planned on going down. Then some other opportunities came up so I figured that money would be better spent on those.

BYZEN
12-22-2016, 05:38 AM
Had planned on going down. Then some other opportunities came up so I figured that money would be better spent on those.

Same here, I figure if I want to watch a bunch of studs shot up with roids I'll go to the racetrack.

17>1
12-22-2016, 01:41 PM

I hear that. I'm in the process of giving my condo a facelift and should probably use the money for that....but I need a vacation, even if it's only for a couple of days.

StL Bison Fan
12-22-2016, 03:47 PM
I hear that. I'm in the process of giving my condo a facelift and should probably use the money for that....but I need a vacation, even if it's only for a couple of days.

Its in the 50's in frisco. Find somewhere warmer. Maybe even with sand.

Mr Meaty
12-22-2016, 05:31 PM

Guaranteed game day will be 39, overcast and windy and on sunday it will be 65 and sunny.

StL Bison Fan
12-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Guaranteed game day will be 39, overcast and windy and on sunday it will be 65 and sunny.

True this^^^

17>1
12-22-2016, 06:08 PM

Haha, true. Already have my leave approved for the dates, and I'm going down Friday and coming back Sunday. I'll do the real vacation to a beach later.

56BISON73
12-23-2016, 02:55 AM

Bingo.....

17>1
12-23-2016, 04:57 PM

Ha, this is so true. SHSU part 2 I got sunburned, and Towson was pretty nice too IIRC. SHSU part 1, Ill St, and JSU were all pretty chilly. Good thing we don't go down there for the weather...

56BISON73
12-23-2016, 06:31 PM

Just like the walleye opener in MN. Its always nice 3-4 days before the opener. Friday night the temp will drop down close to freezing, Never fails.

GreenfieldBison
12-23-2016, 06:55 PM

My California based son was going to join me in Frisco to cheer on the Herd as we did last year. But now we are going to San Diego instead. Sun, sand, golf...

And for anyone still going to Frisco I do still have a couple of River Club wristbands. PM me if interested.

Bison bison
12-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Just like the walleye opener in MN. Its always nice 3-4 days before the opener. Friday night the temp will drop down close to freezing, Never fails.

God doesnt like you. Get your sh#t together.

StL Bison Fan
12-24-2016, 02:36 AM
My California based son was going to join me in Frisco to cheer on the Herd as we did last year. But now we are going to San Diego instead. Sun, sand, golf...

And for anyone still going to Frisco I do still have a couple of River Club wristbands. PM me if interested.

Enjoy! .

El_Chapo
01-24-2017, 03:54 PM
well should be some more JMU suspensions.

huge fight at jmu celebration. http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_148527630072012&key=1686da1044273e8a4540f89500b72810&libId=iybr5ged01001vmn000MAakb2s51p&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fthread-805520.html&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dnronline.com%2Fupdate%2Fnew-police-break-up-large-fight-at-city-nightclub%2Farticle_2282aaec-da15-11e6-86a2-b76e4a5b02ce.html&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fforum-685-page-2.html&title=Cops%20break%20up%20fight%20at%20Back%20Coun try%20Lounge%20hosting%20football%20celebration.&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dnronline.com%2Fupdate%2Fnew-poli...b02ce.html

twitter shows a bunch of their players involved...