PDA

View Full Version : JMU Post Game Thoughts

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin
12-17-2016, 02:14 AM
1) The streak was special. I don't think we'll realize how much for a few months yet but wow, what a run.
2) Congratulations to JMU's QB is a stud. Their RB is a real talent but an asshole.
3) I'll be pulling for the winner of EWU/YSU (though JMU should be favored against either) and staying off forums/social media for awhile.
4) Polasek, wtf?
5) There's a lot to be hopeful about next year. Injuries really hindered us this year and I think we'll bounce back just fine.

HerdistheWord
12-17-2016, 02:16 AM
I will miss Chase Morlock.

oldmantutters
12-17-2016, 02:16 AM
Fuck Tim Polasek. That's all

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

SDbison
12-17-2016, 02:17 AM
Congrats polisuck for putting bison in position to lose. Please leave ndsu.

Kevin

Same. He is the epitome of what it means to be a Bison.

SDbison
Must have put 5 minutes into that impressive game plan.

AKBison
12-17-2016, 02:18 AM
F" JMU classless A-holes, especially the coach. I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I am cheering for the winner of EWU vs YSU and will do it gladly. They were the better team tonight no doubt though and congrats to them bringing it and wanting it more.

NDSU1980
12-17-2016, 02:19 AM
F" JMU classless A-holes, especially the coach. I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I am cheering for the winner of EWU of YSU and will do it gladly.

Thought the same thing

WestCoastBison
12-17-2016, 02:19 AM
Nice run boys! You all spoiled us the past six years. Thank you for all your hard work! Congrats to the Dukes and good luck going forward.

Kevin
12-17-2016, 02:20 AM
F" JMU classless A-holes, especially the coach. I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I am cheering for the winner of EWU of YSU and will do it gladly.

I feel the same way. I was really hoping we'd complete the comeback after Abdullah's pushups and someone on the JMU bench chanting "It's over."

Bisonator98
It was great run! Time to start a new one next season. Still proud of this team and program. GO BISON!!!!

HerdistheWord
I will also root for YSU/EWU....I will never say that out loud though.

Kevin
12-17-2016, 02:23 AM
I will also root for YSU/EWU....I will never say that out loud though.

I kind of have the SEC mindset in the sense that I'll openly cheer for any MVFC team* against these other half assed conferences.

Now cheering for EWU will be weird if it comes to it but I'd much rather have them take the title back to their absurd field than for this team to win it.

*Exception is UNI in most situations.

Kevin
12-17-2016, 02:26 AM
Can we move up to FBS now?

/begin thread drift.

bisonridge
12-17-2016, 02:29 AM
This one is going to hurt for awhile, thought we had it for awhile until our offense decided to quit

AKBison
12-17-2016, 02:30 AM
I kind of have the SEC mindset in the sense that I'll openly cheer for any MVFC team* against these other half assed conferences.

Now cheering for EWU will be weird if it comes to it but I'd much rather have them take the title back to their absurd field than for this team to win it.

*Exception is UNI in most situations.

I just can't envision a scenario where I would cheer for UNI, if they were in the Natty, then go JMU.

Kevin
12-17-2016, 02:32 AM
I just can't envision a scenario where I would cheer for UNI, if that was the case, go JMU.

I rooted for UNI against UND.

They lost, of course. Because UNI likes to piss me off.

wagsabison
12-17-2016, 02:33 AM
We had our chances and JMU came through when they needed to. Hats off to them. Better team won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
Jmu worked us from beginning to end. Even when we tied it up...my thought was we could steal a win even though they were killing us.

Our defense has been suspect since montana last year. Everyone here complains about the play calling and offense....but our defense has went from a stifling pressure defense to a bend but don't break type. And that is the number one problem imo.

Bison-Knuckle
If that fantom JMU timeout doesn't happen....NDSU wins the game in my mind

Kevin
12-17-2016, 02:35 AM
I'm hopeful about next season. The schedule is not the gauntlet we had this year:

Mississippi Valley State (home)
EWU
Rober Morris (home)
Misery State (home)
ISU-B
YSU
WIU (home)
UNI (home)
SDSU
USD (home)
ISU-Red

PNW Eag
12-17-2016, 02:35 AM
Please allow a humble congratulations from this EWU fan. That 5 in a row cannot be taken away and will be not be forgotten. History will remember this run. I was really hoping for an EWU NDSU rematch in Frisco immediately after that OT epic in Fargo. I can't forget how well we were treated before, during, and after the game in Fargo. Good luck going forward Bison Nation!

HerdistheWord
12-17-2016, 02:36 AM
Time to rethink all of my pregame superstitions...

AKBison
12-17-2016, 02:36 AM
Definitely a turning point. We would have stole one for sure had we won from that point.

MNLonghorn10
12-17-2016, 02:37 AM
Hello darkness my old friend. ..I've come to talk to you again

JMB
Congrats to JMU. They were the better team, their defense flew to the ball, their line blocked and controlled the line of scrimmage and their d-backs blanketed our receivers. Best of luck in the next game.

HerdistheWord

Yeah, big momentum shift. Perfect timing on the timeout.

JMB
12-17-2016, 02:38 AM

The side judge was running in waving off the play before the ball was snapped.

Kevin
Definitely a turning point. We would have stole one for sure had we won from that point.

I felt like we were angry on that last drive in the first half. I don't know where that went.

Also we were getting great yards on those outside power runs with Dunn/Anderson why not go back to that? Why run a damn sweep for nothing over and over? Why run King into a log jam in the middle over and over?

I hate to pile on the Polasek hate train but wtf was that?

gabisonfan
Both teams are very good, JMU would be a good competitor in MVFC. Small momentum swings would have changed the outcome. You don't win 5 without good fortune and excellent play. Thanks Bison. They will be back next year for another great run.

AKBison
Please allow a humble congratulations from this EWU fan. That 5 in a row cannot be taken away and will be not be forgotten. History will remember this run. I was really hoping for an EWU NDSU rematch in Frisco immediately after that OT epic in Fargo. I can't forget how well we were treated before, during, and after the game in Fargo. Good luck going forward Bison Nation!

Truth of the matter is that EWU is the only one who has the horsepower to beat JMU. Get it done. Wow, who would have thought it would take JMU to bring the Eagles and Bison together.

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 02:40 AM
Jmu worked us from beginning to end. Even when we tied it up...my thought was we could steal a win even though they were killing us.

Our defense has been suspect since montana last year. Everyone here complains about the play calling and offense....but our defense has went from a stifling pressure defense to a bend but don't break type. And that is the number one problem imo.

Nope. That defense was historically great during last year's playoff run.

They didn't play great, but they came back, had pressure, forced a turnover and gave the offense back at the 50 yard line. They went into the 4th quarter holding the number one offense to 17 points through 3. They did enough to win this game.

Two missed field goals and unimaginative play calling was the difference

Snowgoose
12-17-2016, 02:42 AM
I felt like we were angry on that last drive in the first half. I don't know where that went.

Also we were getting great yards on those outside power runs with Dunn/Anderson why not go back to that? Why run a damn sweep for nothing over and over? Why run King into a log jam in the middle over and over?

The outside power runs dominated almost all year yet we rarely ran them. I bet if u would get an average from those plays for the season it would be huge.

BisonTeacher
12-17-2016, 02:44 AM

They didn't play great, but they came back, had pressure, forced a turnover and gave the offense back at the 50 yard line. They went into the 4th quarter holding the number one offense to 17 points through 3. They did enough to win this game.

Could not disagree more. The defense has been the reason for the change.

HerdistheWord
12-17-2016, 02:45 AM
Defense had two big stops including a turnover that our offense failed to capitalize on.

BisonAccountant44
12-17-2016, 02:46 AM

We never should have kicked that 2nd one. Tie game 3rd & 2 from the 33 at that point after missing a closer one earlier is 4 down territory and it's not even close. They decision is inexcusable.

DM05
12-17-2016, 02:48 AM
1) Bison players: don't think we can thank you enough. You put years of your life into being part of this program. Thank you for your dedication and for representing NDSU so well. Good luck to the seniors in everything you do.
2) Congrats to JMU. Their defense was much more physical than I gave them credit for.
3) Their coach seems like a huge dick. Glad we have Coach K.
4) Not sure what our offensive plan was. I thought throughout the season Polasek did a good job, but what exactly were we trying to do tonight? Lots of deep jump balls and sweeps. 1st and 4th quarter were terrible.
5) We had our chances. Slow start on both sides, if we tackle better in the first quarter we don't dig such a hole. Had all momentum after we tied it up and grimsley's pick.
6) Not sure about the long FG attempts, Cam has been ok but he's far from automatic. Would've preferred to see us run power on 3rd and 4th down and not make it than to settle for attempts.
7) The run of title's stops at five, we start another one next year. Lot of injuries certainly contributed. Motivation shouldn't be an issue and we return one hell of a team.

tony
12-17-2016, 02:48 AM
Truth of the matter is that EWU is the only one who has the horsepower to beat JMU. Get it done. Wow, who would have thought it would take JMU to bring the Eagles and Bison together.

Dunno about that. I'm not going to root against JMU (or anybody - I'd rather be positive.) Just hope the best team wins in Frisco.

Bottom line: Schor and Abdullah were great. Their WRs got separation at will while their DBs were all over our WRs on almost every play. The Dukes didn't have any weaknesses - the only thing they seemed to have trouble stopping was when we pulled to the right - although the last time we ran that, they stopped it dead. Even their kickoffs were great - amazing hang time. I liked the way NDSU battled back.

Kevin
12-17-2016, 02:49 AM
What was their coach doing? All I really noticed was their RB and some guys on the sideline being obnoxious.

Then the late hits and such of course.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 02:50 AM
Bison secondary has been awful all year, they never improved. It has hurt us before, but we were able to overcome. Didn't help to have so many guys out with injury. Really missed Tanguay and De Luca. Short a day of rest compared to JMU and two really bad official calls. That timeout call after the snap turned a tie game right around. The no call on the obvious PI in the first half, where the JMU guy never looked around. Huge play. Two very well matched teams, only take a few small things to make a difference in the outcome.

gizmo
12-17-2016, 02:51 AM
It's too soon for me to post the things that are going through my mind. Too soon. Too soon.

BisonTeacher
12-17-2016, 02:52 AM
Seriously people...step away from the ledge. We won 5 in a row. It was bound to happen.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 02:52 AM
Really, really have to question some of the play calling tonight....and Stick was not good at all.

BisonTeacher
12-17-2016, 02:53 AM
Really, really have to question some of the play calling tonight....and Stick was not good at all.

And the defense sucked balls

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2016, 02:54 AM
We just didn't have the horses this year, don't know if we will have them next year. The talent just isn't there IMO. Stick is an average QB. Good runner, average to poor passer. So far, he hasn't lived up to his billing.

Will be good next year, but I don't think we will win a title.

Bison4peat
12-17-2016, 02:54 AM
Hello darkness my old friend. ..I've come to talk to you again

Because a vision softly creeping,Left its seeds while I was sleeping...Bad ass bro. The real question is where does the wolf shirt go from here.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 02:55 AM
Yep, the D line let a lot of runs right through them, but they did have a good offensive line....I come down way more on the seoncodary.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 02:56 AM
We just didn't have the horses this year, don't know if we will have them next year. The talent just isn't there IMO. Stick is an average QB. Good runner, average to poor passer. So far, he hasn't lived up to his billing.

Have to agree, Stick has been a let-down this year. After last year I thought it was soooo promising.

bisonp
12-17-2016, 02:57 AM
What can you say? They were the better team.

All the issues that dogged this team all year were in evidence tonight. Giving up big plays, mental mistakes, ill-timed penalties, bad coaching.

They deserved to lose, just wish it was to a team with a bit more class.

No_Skill
The defense did enough to win the game.

Bisonator98
The run probably should have ended at 3 realistically. I mean it took unreal comebacks against SDSU and ISUr to win a 4th that year. This years team just faced too much adversity to overcome. Even so it took a great effort from JMU to finally end it. Time to reload and go after #6 next season!

DM05
12-17-2016, 02:59 AM
Seriously people...step away from the ledge. We won 5 in a row. It was bound to happen.

And made the semi's this year. And bring back an immensely talented team. Life will go on, good shot at starting another run next year.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 03:00 AM
What can you say? They were the better team.

All the issues that dogged this team all year were in evidence tonight. Giving up big plays, mental mistakes, ill-timed penalties, bad coaching.

They deserved to lose, just wish it was to a team with a bit more class.

This....after I saw that short little fucker mouthing off in the 4th quarter...I'll be pulling for EWU or Youngstown. Well would have pulled for Youngstown anyway.

DofR
Thank you football team for an awesome run. Here's looking to starting a new one in 2107-18 ��

BisonTeacher
The defense did enough to win the game.

Could not disagree more.

Where's that thread about everyone getting tired of winning too much. Lol

WhoRepsTheLurker
What a run!! I must say I have enjoyed this streak immensely. We knew this would end at some point, but so many incredible memories. One would have to be greedy not to feel blessed, even after this loss to a very talented team. Game could have gone either way, IMHO.

Many thanks to the young men of the Bison football program, past and present. Looking forward to the rematch.

bisonmike2
12-17-2016, 03:01 AM
Honestly I'm not even mad. Almost relieved. Great run. The better team won but we fought back and made it a game. The last 5 years have been incredible and I think we are loaded for next year. I would love another shot at JMU next year.

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 03:01 AM
Dunno about that. I'm not going to root against JMU (or anybody - I'd rather be positive.) Just hope the best team wins in Frisco.

Bottom line: Schor and Abdullah were great. Their WRs got separation at will while their DBs were all over our WRs on almost every play. The Dukes didn't have any weaknesses - the only thing they seemed to have trouble stopping was when we pulled to the right - although the last time we ran that, they stopped it dead. Even their kickoffs were great - amazing hang time. I liked the way NDSU battled back.

Disagree 100%. The defense is going to be better next year. More experience from the secondary and Jabril Cox is an animal.

On the Stick angle, I think you, and every other Bison fan, has a short memory. Look at his statistics as a sophomore and compare them to Brock Jensen. What did he do to really cost his team a chance to win tonight? Was he calling jet sweeps to the weak side? Was he calling 5 yard crossing routes when they needed 10 for a first down? Who does he have for weapons? How often do you really see the wide receivers make a play for him?

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 03:02 AM

Disagree 100%. The defense is going to be better next year. More experience from the secondary and Jabril Cox is an animal.

On the Stick angle, I think you, and every other Bison fan, has a short memory. Look at his statistics as a sophomore and compare them to Brock Jensen. What did he do to really cost his team a chance to win tonight? Was he calling jet sweeps to the weak side? Was he calling 5 yard crossing routes when they needed 10 for a first down? Who does he have for weapons? How often do you really see the wide receivers make a play for him?

BisonTeacher
12-17-2016, 03:02 AM
Honestly I'm not even made. Almost relieved. Great run. The better team won but we fought back and made it a game. The last 5 years have been incredible and I think we are loaded for next year. I would love another shot at JMU next year.

This. Every game is another teams super bowl. We won 5 in a row!!!

Agree with 2011. Brock was not the best passer. Remember fire vigen?

NDSUstudent
12-17-2016, 03:05 AM
Could not disagree more.

I think they did....after that INT the coaching staff went into their lets play not to lose mode. It was SDSU all over again.

JMU DLS
12-17-2016, 03:06 AM
I want to take this opportunity to defend JMU. As far as Abdullah doing the pushups, he got knocked to the ground and wound up on his chest, pushups just seem like a logical celebration to me. I mean, imagine you just scored a huge TD in the biggest game of your life, what would you do? And as for Houston, I'm not sure exactly what he did that made him come off as an asshole to you guys, but pregame its his job to get his team pumped to go play and this game was always going to take every ounce of will they had. JMU really is a great team that takes pride in humbling itself. I hope you guys will be able to see that and not throw away your image of JMU based off of a few high emotion moments. Again, congrats on a great season. I'd love to set up a home and home with NDSU, and I hope JMU continues to strive to emulate the success you guys have had. Go Bison, Go Dukes.

AKBison
12-17-2016, 03:08 AM
Anybody here think DeLuca could have been the difference tonight? Abdullah was an animal and tore us a new one.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 03:08 AM
Stick is better than he played tonight...I'll leave it at that. The defensive secondary is NOT going to get better with the present personnel. They showed that over the course of the season. Oh, and the Bison are probably never going to get two better receivers than Shepard and Urzandowski. Our Tight Ends aren't too shabby either. Stick was really off tonight.

BisonTeacher
12-17-2016, 03:09 AM
Anybody here think DeLuca could have been the difference tonight? Abdullah was an animal and tore us a new one.

No no no...! It was the offense !!!

Snowgoose
12-17-2016, 03:09 AM

I couldn't disagree more. Our defense most of the year did enough to win but our offense would usually sputter in the second half all year and keep teams in games and it hppened again tonight. Part of that was on polasek part of it is that Easton has struggled.

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 03:10 AM
I want to take this opportunity to defend JMU. As far as Abdullah doing the pushups, he got knocked to the ground and wound up on his chest, pushups just seem like a logical celebration to me. I mean, imagine you just scored a huge TD in the biggest game of your life, what would you do? And as for Houston, I'm not sure exactly what he did that made him come off as an asshole to you guys, but pregame its his job to get his team pumped to go play and this game was always going to take every ounce of will they had. JMU really is a great team that takes pride in humbling itself. I hope you guys will be able to see that and not throw away your image of JMU based off of a few high emotion moments. Again, congrats on a great season. I'd love to set up a home and home with NDSU, and I hope JMU continues to strive to emulate the success you guys have had. Go Bison, Go Dukes.

It's tough to see the streak end and people are just acting accordingly. You guys have a very talented team and have a great shot at a ring

DM05

Yep, but he'll also make a difference next year and be motivated as hell. Tanguay gets healthy, he's gonna come back pissed off.

NDSUstudent

Yeah, he is the best defensive player in the FCS. Next year the defense is going to be legit.

oldmantutters
12-17-2016, 03:11 AM
JMU was pumped up, that sure as he'll isn't going to make me cheer for fucking EWU. Fuck that. Talked to a few JMU fans and sincerely wished them luck in Frisco.

The better team won tonight. When NDSU tied the game and had a 3 and out, that is the time to step on their throats. The crowd was ready to erupt. That is on Polaseks conservative playcalling.

The other gripe I have is kicking the FG on the second miss. Kick the ball there and make them drive.

AKBison
12-17-2016, 03:12 AM

Your team whipped our ass, no sour grapes here. Take off your purple glasses though, only one team carried itself with class tonight and did so in defeat. Like others have said, your coach and team make EWU somewhat palatable, that in itself speaks volumes.

gabisonfan
12-17-2016, 03:13 AM
Celebration should be high fives on your own bench, max. These guys and college football are not about being a celebrity. They can wait if they are good enough, to go on dancing with the stars or some other reality TV. Bison fans and NDSU should be very proud of winning without adding garbage to the game.

Madisonmen
12-17-2016, 03:14 AM
F" JMU classless A-holes, especially the coach. I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I am cheering for the winner of EWU vs YSU and will do it gladly. They were the better team tonight no doubt though and congrats to them bringing it and wanting it more.

"Classless assholes"......I thought u guys were better sports than that? ...guess not. Merry Christmas.
Christmas.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 03:14 AM
I don't know which was to blame, Stick or Polesek, but how damn many 3rd down passes did Stick throw that were way short of the 1st down marker....couldn't believe the stupidness of that.

SC_TX
12-17-2016, 03:15 AM
"Classless assholes"......I thought u guys were better sports than that? ...guess not. Merry Christmas.
Christmas.

losing teams are undefeated when it comes to class. It's just a typical angry response to a loss

SafeTeeJ
12-17-2016, 03:17 AM
Just plain numb right now. Not feeling disappointed in the players at all. A little disappointed in the coaches prep for the game, but being down 17 changes their mindset with all the game atmosphere going on. Here are a few observations/comments:

Thanks seniors! You gave so much, you filled my Saturdays with pride and joy for 5 years.

Thanks to the entire team for dignity and respect for the opponent after the game. You are great ambassadors for the sport and NDSU.

We need to work on a two minute offense.

Stick is just a Soph, he will get better, bad spot to put him in tonight see above, see below...

Coach P really confuses me. All game, but particularly the last 6 minutes.

Are the running backs told to run into the pile if the holes aren't there?

We need taller tougher WRs who can get YACs

We don't have the athletes on defense we use to. Hope that changes.

We really missed Deluca, especially his leadership.

I see no FIRE in most players during the game during adversity. Is that coach P or on the players?

JMU running back, is a stud

Really impressed with JMUs LBs and Dbs. They were fast and could stick.

We had our chances. But we lost to a better team tonight.

Congrats to the Dukes, good luck in Frisco..

Bison4peat
No emotion, JMU is zero class but does have some outstanding individual athletes. They even had the ESPN announcers laughing at their antics, which is great for college football ratings. Congrats on your win though. Good luck in Frisco, it should be a great game.

Kingslayer
Congrats dukes. You fucking got it done.

Madisonmen
Nice run guys but someone needs to teach you to lose with class.
Merry Christmas.

bisonmike2
12-17-2016, 03:21 AM
Im going for the other side of the bracket. Not impresssed with JMU and their classless behavior. Too much jawing and their coach comes off as a dick. On a neutral field, I'm picking EWU but it should be a hell of a game. If YSU beats EWU it's because of the weather. It will be strange watching the championship and not really giving a shit. It's going to be a long off season.

Kevin
Merry Christmas.

Commenting on your team's classless behavior is not classless. You straight beat us no one disputes that. The rest are just observations.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
The players lost with class plus, your team not so much.

dtib
12-17-2016, 03:23 AM
https://youtu.be/Im2UUz_tEIw?t=10m15s

NDSU1952
Merry Christmas.

And someone needs to teach YOU to win with class.

We lose so rarely we hardly know how to act.

JMU DLS
Im going for the other side of the bracket. Not impresssed with JMU and their classless behavior. Too much jawing and their coach comes off as a dick. On a neutral field, I'm picking EWU but it should be a hell of a game. If YSU beats EWU it's because of the weather. It will be strange watching the championship and not really giving a shit. It's going to be a long off season.

JMU just won in the FargoDome and you're picking EWU on a neutral field?

Bison4peat
12-17-2016, 03:24 AM
Congrats dukes. You fucking got it done.

Now the Vikes just need to it it fucking done!!!

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 03:25 AM

Well, we're pulling for EWU.

DakotaOkie
Merry Christmas.

It is just folks blowing off steam...The better team tonight won. The Bison will be back! No doubt about that. No one likes to lose but that is the way of true playoffs...there will be only one team that ends their season with a win.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
Peronally, I wish Polesek would be gone next year.

AKBison
12-17-2016, 03:26 AM
Merry Christmas.

JMU outplayed us, outcoached us and just plain wanted it more. Good luck in the chipper and safe travels to Frisco, it is a great time. Go Eagles.

NDSUstudent
12-17-2016, 03:28 AM

EWU probably should have beat us with a healthy defense. So I can see it.

bisonranch
Klieman is the leader of a very classy bunch of dudes. I had a feeling this would be a tough year with the injuries and still a pretty young team. Next year, we have more time to reload!

Madisonmen
The players lost with class plus, your team not so much.
Please Tell me what you found classless.....push-ups after a touchdown?

Dstahn
12-17-2016, 03:29 AM
Secondary is mess that is unlikely to get better. Losing Stumpf and Pierre is not going to help our defense. The only major light that I see is our dline barring a few games has played well and I think that another year to get bigger and faster will help Butler, Tanguay and Menard.

Cam is streaky at best. Koonce has grown on me as the season has continued and after I stopped looking at him through Lecompte colored glasses I have come to appreciate his skill and I think he will get better.

On offense King and Morlock will be large misses in my opinion. I respect both Anderson and Dunn just don't run through people like King in Morlock. Plankers and Zach also were some large men on the OL that will be hard to replace. The o line this year never seemed to have the same push that I have become accustomed to. Stick, in my humble opinion, is very overrated. He is a poor game manager, a poor passer with poor decision making skills. I hope that he will progress but I hope that someone, even if it is his him, comes forward as an accurate passer and game manager.

As for this game I thought we should have milked that wheel route until they started stopping it. Defensive line played the pass well and the run terribly and while Grimsley can catch I think i have seen him whiff on more tackles than he actually makes. Defense kept it close, but trusting Cam after the first kick was a mistake and poor play calling with time winding down killed us in the end. I am curious if we will continue to run 4 backs next year or if we will go back to running just 2 with Anderson and Dunn.

Polisuck lost this game for us with shitty calls that he has been selecting since he got here. Wentz was good enough to win in spite of him, Stick is not.

perthbison
12-17-2016, 03:30 AM
I feel the same way. I was really hoping we'd complete the comeback after Abdullah's pushups and someone on the JMU bench chanting "It's over."

These guys might win one this year but your post sums why they will never achieve a run of them

HerdBot
12-17-2016, 03:30 AM
JMU is really good. Props. Overall a great season and the end of the most amazing run in college football history. With all the injuries we had, I think we played pretty well. The only thing I'm pissed about is all the blown assignments. I won't harp on Polasek. Players need to execute.

bisonmike2
12-17-2016, 03:31 AM

EWU should have beat us when we had a full strength defense. You just beats us, no excuses. But you put up 27 ypoints on our d that was missing 2 all Americans and 2 all conference players. Our offense has been shitting the bed all year, so the fact that you held us to 17 doesn't mean much. EWU, in good weather, is going to be tough to stop. You guys will score on them but they have another gear. Either way, should be a good game. You should be celebrating and not arguing with the losing fan base. Congrats on the win and great year.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 03:33 AM
Ya know...our O didn't play the best...and our D linemen let a few runs through....but I place the blame for the loss, disregarding officials on the two plays mentioned, on the secondary...as all year long...they were lost. Other team always has wide open receivers....in many cases, just standing there waiting for the ball. They have time to wait for the ball to get to them. We don't have anything close to CJ or Marcus Williams.

Big Bird
12-17-2016, 03:33 AM
Negatives:
The offense lacks explosive playmakers, especially at WR
Stick is merely OK. I even felt he regressed as the year went on. With an OK QB, the D needs to be great to beat good teams like JMU and tonight they gave up way way way too many big plays.
Complete lack of big special teams plays. Happened all year.
Polasek. News flash: Play action fakes are useless when down 10 with 5 minutes to go, they simply allow more time for pressure and less time for the QB to read the D...

Positives:
The ability/attitude to bounce back from getting absolutely throttled early and make it a game.
5 titles sandwiched between a semifinal and quarterfinal loss. Incredible run
A ton of talent coming back next year. Easily a top 5 (probably higher) team next year.
The ability to win so many close games.

Backhanded compliments:
Grimsley will be better next year...

Good luck to JMU. I'd root for YSU if I were you though.

Kevin
12-17-2016, 03:35 AM
EWU should have beat us when we had a full strength defense. You just beats us, no excuses. But you put up 27 ypoints on our d that was missing 2 all Americans and 2 all conference players. Our offense has been shitting the bed all year, so the fact that you held us to 17 doesn't mean much. EWU, in good weather, is going to be tough to stop. You guys will score on them but they have another gear. Either way, should be a good game. You should be celebrating and not arguing with the losing fan base. Congrats on the win and great year.

Fans come here win or lose because their forums always suck. We have more lurkers than most FCS boards have posters.

We really need to move up. We're in a bad situation where we're too big for FCS and too small for FBS.

NDSU1952
12-17-2016, 03:36 AM
These guys might win one this year but your post sums why they will never achieve a run of them

You would never see our Bison team acting out with shenanigans during a game, win or lose. The Bison always act with class. Same with Coach Kleiman. Just so professional. We are lucky to have Coach Kleiman. The injuries this year were devastating.

Kevin
12-17-2016, 03:37 AM
Negatives:
The offense lacks explosive playmakers, especially at WR
Stick is merely OK. I even felt he regressed as the year went on. With an OK QB, the D needs to be great to beat good teams like JMU and tonight they gave up way way way too many big plays.
Complete lack of big special teams plays. Happened all year.
Polasek. News flash: Play action fakes are useless when down 10 with 5 minutes to go, they simply allow more time for pressure and less time for the QB to read the D...

Positives:
The ability/attitude to bounce back from getting absolutely throttled early and make it a game.
5 titles sandwiched between a semifinal and quarterfinal loss. Incredible run
A ton of talent coming back next year. Easily a top 5 (probably higher) team next year.
The ability to win so many close games.

Backhanded compliments:
Grimsley will be better next year...

Good luck to JMU. I'd root for YSU if I were you though.

It's worth noting Stick was dealing with a back injury for the second part of the season.

I was also glad to see the Fargodome give a standing ovation to the team when they came off after that last drive.

I said this in the 2017 thread but I really do believe the silver lining of this is that the pressure of the streak is gone. I expect the guys to return to playing Bison football and having fun while doing so next year.

Bison4peat
12-17-2016, 03:40 AM

Just ask yourself if this is where we want college football to go? I guess we could go down that road and make college football more like a professional team/business.{NCAA and ESPN already on this) Would probably have to get rid of the NCAA and put less focus on the student-athlete side of things. Pay the players and capture the entertainment side of things (minor league hockey/baseball?) With that said NFL is losing ratings for the first time in years. Fair question though.

TBone
12-17-2016, 03:40 AM
horns up we will be back

NH/JMU Saxkow
12-17-2016, 03:41 AM

Just remember - we were missing one of our All-Americans on the O-Line. Who was his replacement? Yeah - the guy who committed 6 False Starts.

This needs to be a regular rivalry.

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 03:44 AM
Just remember - we were missing one of our All-Americans on the O-Line. Who was his replacement? Yeah - the guy who committed 6 False Starts.

You guys beat us fair and square. Any good passing offense could beat us irregardless of who our MLB is. EW would have torn us apart again through the air...again

Kevin
12-17-2016, 03:46 AM
You guys beat us fair and square. Any good passing offense could beat us irregardless of who our MLB is. EW would have torn us apart again through the air

I agree with this. It seemed like if any qb, whether it was Gubrud, Christion or WMU's QB had time to scramble a bit something would inevitably be open down field. Blitzing and not getting there was a massacre every play.

bisonmike2
12-17-2016, 03:47 AM

I didnt mean to make it an excuse. It is what it is. And i threw around classless and thats probably too harsh. Players excited they are making big plays in the biggest game of their career. Shit, I'm still just trying to process the fact that we are not going to be playing in the NC. I don't think it's going to hit me for a couple days that we just lost a playoff game at home. I might actually enjoy watching the NC game with nothing on the line. I am hoping for a EWU match up. I just don't see YSU giving you guys much of a game.

Kevin
12-17-2016, 03:47 AM
In hindsight I can't help but wonder how big two plays were:

1) The block below the waist that backed us up 15 yards in the first when we were moving the ball.
2) Ambrosius' offsides penalty that put them into field goal range.

In a game of inches penalties weigh so heavily. It seemed to plague us all year. That has to be on the coaches.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 03:51 AM
Yep, Zherd, they shredded our secondary, as any decent passing team would/did, but we had enough of an offense to beat them then.The offense seemed to take a downturn the week of the reg season SDSU loss....and never really recovered. Except in the 2nd half of the SDSU playoff game. I was hoping it would carry to this game,but there's some systemic problem with the O. Polesek doesn't help.

perthbison
12-17-2016, 03:51 AM
EW would have torn us apart again through the air...againOur secondary looked lost a lot and they missed a lot of tackles. We just aren't as good this year

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 04:02 AM

1) The block below the waist that backed us up 15 yards in the first when we were moving the ball.

In a game of inches penalties weigh so heavily. It seemed to plague us all year. That has to be on the coaches.

The timeout called after the snap was huge. We would have had the ball at the 40 with the score tied. And in the first half the pass at the goal line, their defensive back never looked around. Does't take alot in a close game.

Bison Loaf
12-17-2016, 04:03 AM
Ok………….here's the deal. I'm not gonna read all this and I'm not gonna accept nor listen to any negative thoughts about this program WHAT.SO.EVER. Don't like that? I really don't give a sh*t.

In my almost 35 years of Bison Football, this has been the greatest run of my fandom life and better than I could have ever imagined……………..and I go back to the 1983 through 1986 years. No one, at any level, has EVER done this before, and no one may ever do it again.

Thank you Bison Football. I am as proud as proud can be. And nothing or nobody is going to change my mind about that.

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 04:05 AM
Our secondary looked lost a lot and they missed a lot of tackles. We just aren't as good this year

I think we are close to previous teams in the talent department but behind a bit. Play calling aside, Easton does not play at a consistently good level. He can look solid or really bad from one game to the next. I still have pretty high hopes for him. Brock honestly wasn't a consistently killer passing threat until his senior year. Biggest talent drop off is CB. We went from two stud shutdown corners who consistently got their hands on the ball and took receivers out of the game, to zero shut down guys. I think they improved some over the season but I don't think the shut down corner talent is on the current roster. I'd love to be proven wrong but if we can't find a coverage stud in recruiting, expect a defense with the same weaknesses next year that is good but not stifling

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-17-2016, 04:05 AM
Poor play calling, very poor tackling.

Also if their rb wasn't running so well, their qb would've put over 400 yrds passing on us. Easy

oldmantutters
12-17-2016, 04:07 AM
The timeout called after the snap was huge. We would have had the ball at the 40 with the score tied. And in the first half the pass at the goal line, their defensive back never looked around. Does't take alot in a close game.
I think the pass was underthrown, not sure it was PI. The pass before that however was defensive holding and possibly DPI. But the officials were letting them go tonight.

Bison4peat
12-17-2016, 04:09 AM
You guys beat us fair and square. Any good passing offense could beat us irregardless of who our MLB is. EW would have torn us apart again through the air...again
This hurts less than a loss to EWU in Frisco. That's a long ass drive/flight home.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
I think the pass was underthrown, not sure it was PI. The pass before that however was defensive holding and possibly DPI. But the officials were letting them go tonight.

It was slightly underthrown, but very catchable. It was just so blatant.

BisonAccountant44
JMU was pumped up, that sure as he'll isn't going to make me cheer for fucking EWU. Fuck that. Talked to a few JMU fans and sincerely wished them luck in Frisco.

The better team won tonight. When NDSU tied the game and had a 3 and out, that is the time to step on their throats. The crowd was ready to erupt. That is on Polaseks conservative playcalling.

The other gripe I have is kicking the FG on the second miss. Kick the ball there and make them drive.

For the love of God no. You go for the first down there every single time. The only thing worse that a fg attempt would be a voluntary turnover.

oldmantutters
12-17-2016, 04:10 AM
It was slightly underthrown, but very catchable.
I agree, but I think that is why it wasn't called PI even though the db never looked for the rock.

csgame
12-17-2016, 04:15 AM
At some point, things were going to come to an end. Unfortunately, I sit here thinking that too much emphasis from the coaches was placed on beating SDSU last week, not winning the National Championship. We clearly were not sharp tonight and the coaches have to take responsibility for this.

I guess I didn't have problems with the JMU players, passion is what makes the game exciting - bring it!

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 04:16 AM
This hurts less than a loss to EWU in Frisco. That's a long ass drive/flight home.

Not sure so sure. With the 2010 loss, it hurt but you were just salivating at the talent coming back. This one hurts because it was a veteran championship team which could have won a title.

BisonNeil
12-17-2016, 04:18 AM
Could not disagree more. The defense has been the reason for the change.

That's just bullshit. The Bison defense last year in the playoff run was epic. Klieman said so and if you check the stats you will find just how full of fucking bullshit you really are. Go to fucking bed and sleep it off.

BisonAccountant44
12-17-2016, 04:19 AM
OK let's get real. The actual reason we lost is the assholes who started the wave when we were tied with the ball in the 3rd. Fuck those guys.

NDSUstudent
12-17-2016, 04:20 AM
I will always go back to getting the ball back after that INT and then crapping the bed. If the coaches had anything sitting in their back pocket that was the time to break it out. Instead we stuck with the same old conservative offense.

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 04:21 AM
OK let's get real. The actual reason we lost is the assholes who started the wave when we were tied with the ball in the 3rd. Fuck those guys.

I think it was the video JMU got to play.

NDSUstudent

Should be a lifetime ban for the guy on the east side that started it. Need to send a message, very sloppy fandom.

kdogg1672
Yea, fuck those guys...

oldmantutters
I will always go back to getting the ball back after that INT and then crapping the bed. If the coaches had anything sitting in their back pocket that was the time to break it out. Instead we stuck with the same old conservative offense.
Yep.

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 04:22 AM

We score a TD there and it would have been over. No doubt about it.

BisonNeil
Could not disagree more.

You sir are a dumb fuck.

Bison4peat
Not sure so sure. With the 2010 loss, it hurt but you were just salivating at the talent coming back. This one hurts because it was a veteran championship team which could have won a title.

True, or maybe i'm just older. The idea of winning a NC is not a novelty like it was in 2010. I'm ready for new challenges, I realize the obstacles to the new challenges (FBS) but would still like to try it. Whatever happens I can relax now, the pressure is off. I will get a lot more shit done on Saturdays. LOL.

bisonp
12-17-2016, 04:24 AM

I was in section 12 trying to figure out what the hell the noise was about then that dumbfuckery went through.

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 04:27 AM
True, or maybe i'm just older. The idea of winning a NC is not a novelty like it was in 2010. I'm ready for new challenges, I realize the obstacles to the new challenges (FBS) but would still like to try it. Whatever happens I can relax now, the pressure is off. I will get a lot more shit done on Saturdays. LOL.

I agree about the pressure. It was more fun in 2010 not worrying about them losing. Agree about the FBS move, but sadly it will not happen.

ndsubison1
12-17-2016, 04:28 AM
Maybe we can protest the result

CAS4127
12-17-2016, 04:28 AM
That's just bullshit. The Bison defense last year in the playoff run was epic. Klieman said so and if you check the stats you will find just how full of fucking bullshit you really are. Go to fucking bed and sleep it off.

Agreed. No way to put this loss on the D. Fuck--with the interception we handed it to the O. And what wonderful play calling by CP/purple. Fucking dumb.

ndsubison1
12-17-2016, 04:29 AM
1) The streak was special. I don't think we'll realize how much for a few months yet but wow, what a run.
2) Congratulations to JMU's QB is a stud. Their RB is a real talent but an asshole.
3) I'll be pulling for the winner of EWU/YSU (though JMU should be favored against either) and staying off forums/social media for awhile.
4) Polasek, wtf?
5) There's a lot to be hopeful about next year. Injuries really hindered us this year and I think we'll bounce back just fine.

Hats off to Jmu. Good team. Can't wait for next year already. Thanks for all the seniors have done for this team.

HoopsBison
12-17-2016, 04:29 AM
Amazing run, obviously tonight sucked and did not go our way. But just take moment and look back at what we have done over the last 6 years....truly incredible and something that will likely never happen again.

Go Bison, hats off to the coaches and players.

Fired up for next season!

CAS4127
12-17-2016, 04:30 AM

Spot on! I'll bring the "saving stuff for playoffs" up just for good measure. Where was that? Did I miss it? Pathetic.

ndsubison1
12-17-2016, 04:30 AM

Hate to say it and hindsight but he was somewhat underutilized

ndsubison1
12-17-2016, 04:31 AM

The offense looked like what it did in other losses. We had chances

CAS4127
12-17-2016, 04:33 AM
You sir are a dumb fuck.

Agreed!!

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 04:33 AM
Agreed. No way to put this loss on the D. Fuck--with the interception we handed it to the O. And what wonderful play calling by CP/purple. Fucking dumb.

Yep the defense had this game handed back to the offense. I don't really even blame it on the offense. I didn't see those guys missing a lot of plays, being out of place etc. All comes down to one person....TP.

Bison fans better wake up really soon and realize how bad this guy is. He has regressed as a coordinator since 2014. In 2014 he had Wentz and Crockett to mask his ineptitude. Last year they were gifted a very easy playoff road to Frisco. He fucking just can't get it done in games where NDSU is matched physically.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 04:34 AM
Hats off to Jmu. Good team. Can't wait for next year already. Thanks for all the seniors have done for this team.

Was it their RB who late in the 4th Quarter was screaming up at one of our lineman and pointing in the air, like at the scoreboard? Whoever the sawed off little bastard was, should have had his teeth knocked down his throat.

CAS4127
12-17-2016, 04:39 AM
Yep the defense had this game handed back to the offense. I don't really even blame it on the offense. I didn't see those guys missing a lot of plays, being out of place etc. All comes down to one person....TP.

Bison fans better wake up really soon and realize how bad this guy is. He has regressed as a coordinator since 2014. In 2014 he had Wentz and Crockett to mask his ineptitude. Last year they were gifted a very easy playoff road to Frisco. He fucking just can't get it done in games where NDSU is matched physically.

Nailed it!!

bisonmike2
12-17-2016, 04:40 AM
Was it their RB who late in the 4th Quarter was screaming up at one of our lineman and pointing in the air, like at the scoreboard? Whoever the sawed off little bastard was, should have had his teeth knocked down his throat.

A nice retaliation would be getting punched in the mouth by a hand with 5 nc rings on it.

CAS4127
12-17-2016, 04:40 AM

Nope-nothing wrong with him/them being exited.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 04:41 AM
Oh, that was way more than excitement. That was assholeness.

Kingslayer
12-17-2016, 04:46 AM
Amazing run, obviously tonight sucked and did not go our way. But just take moment and look back at what we have done over the last 6 years....truly incredible and something that will likely never happen again.

Go Bison, hats off to the coaches and players.

Fired up for next season!

Wrong on the coaches...they shit the bed tonight big time. Especially P...worst called game I think I've ever seen. Stick has regressed from him unfortunately...we will be back.

CAS4127
12-17-2016, 04:47 AM
CP had no answer to JMU's ability to man cover our receivers. Wtf were all those attempted long passes when we couldn't get seperation? CP got his ass handed to him today.

That said, JMU solid, and hats off to them. They were the better team and we may have lost regardless of better offensive play calling. I actually like their defense more than their offense. With that Dback field, I think they can beat EWU. The SHSU shutdown by JMU was no fluke.

bisonp
12-17-2016, 04:51 AM
I think TP obviously has some issues with his gameday playcalling but he also designs plays pretty damn well. A solid offense with piss poor playcalling and essentially no focus on clock management.

But the defense deserves blame too, can't give up those big plays.

HerdBot
12-17-2016, 04:59 AM

Offense sucked. Couldn't sustain drives and did not execute. Some of that was due to the JSU. Some was due to play calling. It was so obvious that they stacked the line and attacked the middle yet we just ran right into it. Not sure why they didn't bounce the backs outside. The receivers couldn't get open and the few times they did, Stick was just a little off.

The Defense sucked. We blew assignments all night and tackled poorly. Their running back is good but he's not as good as the stats looked.

Special teams was just there . Return game was mediocre. Even when they kicked off 15 yards back we barely crossed the 20

Basically it was a team loss.

onbison09
12-17-2016, 05:05 AM
Merry Christmas.
I didn't have a problem with it. If we don't like it, we should stop you. This isn't Cub Scouts.

Bison03
12-17-2016, 05:06 AM
Better team won. Simple as that. Better playcalling? Eh..maybe. Their D didnt allow us to do amything. I think sometimes we forget that other teams excecution on both sides is sometimes just better. We all knew the run would come to an end one day. I know the loss is still fresh but look back on the accomplishments we have had during this run. Pretty amazing. Next year we will contend again. Because thats just what wr do. #redeemteam

onbison09
12-17-2016, 05:08 AM

True, but the roughing the passer call that gave us a field goal was ticky tack IMO

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 05:11 AM
True, but the roughing the passer call that gave us a field goal was ticky tack IMO

Agreed. I thought it was extremely questionable.

Overall well called play. If I had to pick one to complain, it would be the offsides on Brad. Don't think he was.

bisonp
12-17-2016, 05:11 AM

Yeah, I was at the game and only saw a single replay and was wondering about that, looked like a pretty weak call. Did they say he hit the head?

onbison09
12-17-2016, 05:43 AM
Yeah, I was at the game and only saw a single replay and was wondering about that, looked like a pretty weak call. Did they say he hit the head?
Not that I saw. Just seemed like he got grazed.

MontBison
12-17-2016, 06:16 AM
I'm not even mad. We had two chances to end the whole show on o and we couldn't get it done so be it. And to be honest there are a lot of ppl who could care less about the streak and such. The thing that really sucks is the group of seniors who were the bedrock of our program who are looked at as failures. As much as the 2013 team should be in the hall of of fame this 2016 team should be as well. They did it all. This team hasn't lost a meaningful game in 5 years. At the end of the day we can't do anything more in fcs. Seriously it's a boutique level no one cares about. The Iowa win is bigger than anything we've done in the last 2-3 years. We could have won a hundred in a row and it wouldn't have mattered. I know it takes an assload of $ and such but it's time to move on. There nothing else to prove here. Let's go swing it out with the big fish and see what happens

ndsubison1
12-17-2016, 06:21 AM
I'm not even mad. We had two chances to end the whole show on o and we couldn't get it done so be it. And to be honest there are a lot of ppl who could care less about the streak and such. The thing that really sucks is the group of seniors who were the bedrock of our program who are looked at as failures. As much as the 2013 team should be in the hall of of fame this 2016 team should be as well. They did it all. This team hasn't lost a meaningful game in 5 years. At the end of the day we can't do anything more in fcs. Seriously it's a boutique level no one cares about. The Iowa win is bigger than anything we've done in the last 2-3 years. We could have won a hundred in a row and it wouldn't have mattered. I know it takes an assload of $ and such but it's time to move on. There nothing else to prove here. Let's go swing it out with the big fish and see what happens

If the money is there Id be for it. Fortunately, that's for the administration/athletic dept to decide. What's the luster of Ndsu in Fbs over Ndsu winning titles in Fcs for recruits? We would maybe lose a recruiting edge in certain aspects

bisonboone11
12-17-2016, 06:34 AM
The defender did hit his facemask. You could see Stick's head get turned from it. Nothing severe, and I'm not sure if they are as strict on that rule as the NFL, but that penalty would be called every time in the NFL.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 06:35 AM

I highly doubt anyone is looking at that senior group as failures. Silly thing to even worry about

BisoninNWMN
12-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Secondary is mess that is unlikely to get better. Losing Stumpf and Pierre is not going to help our defense. The only major light that I see is our dline barring a few games has played well and I think that another year to get bigger and faster will help Butler, Tanguay and Menard.

Cam is streaky at best. Koonce has grown on me as the season has continued and after I stopped looking at him through Lecompte colored glasses I have come to appreciate his skill and I think he will get better.

On offense King and Morlock will be large misses in my opinion. I respect both Anderson and Dunn just don't run through people like King in Morlock. Plankers and Zach also were some large men on the OL that will be hard to replace. The o line this year never seemed to have the same push that I have become accustomed to. Stick, in my humble opinion, is very overrated. He is a poor game manager, a poor passer with poor decision making skills. I hope that he will progress but I hope that someone, even if it is his him, comes forward as an accurate passer and game manager.

As for this game I thought we should have milked that wheel route until they started stopping it. Defensive line played the pass well and the run terribly and while Grimsley can catch I think i have seen him whiff on more tackles than he actually makes. Defense kept it close, but trusting Cam after the first kick was a mistake and poor play calling with time winding down killed us in the end. I am curious if we will continue to run 4 backs next year or if we will go back to running just 2 with Anderson and Dunn.

Polisuck lost this game for us with shitty calls that he has been selecting since he got here. Wentz was good enough to win in spite of him, Stick is not.

Good post and I agree with most of it.

Disagree on the RB position. Dunn and Anderson will be fine IMO.

Stick, was really up and down this year IMO. Maybe it was play calling but he really needs to improve his passing game. Our WRs are all small and rarely get separation. JMU's DBs were really physical and our WRs were not talented enough to overcome this.

Polasek? He has been a head scratcher all season. That drive with 6 minutes left with huddling up and jet sweeps was pathetic at best.

Agree on Grimsley. His tackling has been suspect all season. Honestly, I don't know how he made 1st team All-Valley.

This team has a lot coming back and they will make another run.

BisoninNWMN
12-17-2016, 11:51 AM
CP had no answer to JMU's ability to man cover our receivers. Wtf were all those attempted long passes when we couldn't get seperation? CP got his ass handed to him today.

That said, JMU solid, and hats off to them. They were the better team and we may have lost regardless of better offensive play calling. I actually like their defense more than their offense. With that Dback field, I think they can beat EWU. The SHSU shutdown by JMU was no fluke.

Agree. JMU's secondary was very good. Our WRs couldn't get separation. Speed and talent? probably

TP's play calling is a big reason why this game was lost. That INT was huge and had great field position and turned it into nothing. Bison defense made good adjustments after halftime, poor tackling really hurt in this game also.

scbison91
12-17-2016, 12:08 PM
just an observation but NDSU has played a lot of football last 5 years especially last 2 with 2 kickoff games and long playoff run. For 2 years in row we started season very early and ended season them late..Maybe some fatigue?

Mr Meaty
12-17-2016, 12:12 PM
The loss from last night is sinking in. JMU was the better team last night and had a better game plan. Ended up to be the type of game I thought it would. Just hoped for a different outcome. But thank you seniors for all the joy you have given us . We will learn from this and reload for next season. Very excited for all the returning player next year and the incoming ones as well. I will be there and so will Bison Nation.

Buffalo.Rider
12-17-2016, 12:15 PM

NDSU could have won this game. This, the penalty on the next play, and the 45 yard field goal by JMU turned the momentum of the game. With a 4th and long on this play, the 3-and-outs NDSU put on them in the 3rd period, and that NDSU had just scored the last 17 points, NDSU was in the driver's seat when the timeout occurred. I don't know if there was a phantom timeout or not, I assume the refs know more than us, but we had momentum and were in a position to win at that point and let it get away.

Beyond that:
o I was surprised the Offensive Line could not do more to open up running lanes. Hats off to JMU for playing tough in this part of the game.
o Defense - had problems tackling this game.
o Refs were generous. Phil Hanson, others, on radio called ("obvious") pass interference maybe half-a-dozen times, when refs did a pass.
Perhaps NDSU benefitted from some of this when JMU had the ball to even things out..

A1pigskin
12-17-2016, 12:22 PM

I agree... I said the same thing while in my seat at the end of the game.

BisonTeacher
12-17-2016, 12:53 PM
You sir are a dumb fuck.

We were down 17-0. Almost 20-0. How was that on the offense? I said this exact same thing when we lost to SDSU...(And yes I agree the offense was not good, no disagreement there) I too was questioning play calling in the 4th quarter. Over the years the offense has always had ups and downs (brocks INTs, fire Vigen...remember????) So I guess I don't see that as something that is so different. Weve won before when the offense was not great.

What I do see is different is the defensive philosophy. I just don't understand how we let a good QB like him (or SDSUs) have as much time as he wants. When your down 17 points that's hard to come back from...especially for a struggling offense. I don't know the X's and Os as much as you guys do, but thats what it looks like to me.

02Bison
12-17-2016, 01:01 PM

Had to go to the jet sweep well...

1998braves64
12-17-2016, 01:13 PM
We score a TD there and it would have been over. No doubt about it.

Not over but jmu would had a whole different scenario to do. We were rolling momentum wise and then it ended up getting stuffed and missing the fg took the air out of our sails.

Kingslayer
12-17-2016, 01:14 PM
The defender did hit his facemask. You could see Stick's head get turned from it. Nothing severe, and I'm not sure if they are as strict on that rule as the NFL, but that penalty would be called every time in the NFL.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Anytime you touch the face mask in the pocket it's a penalty. It was a good call

tony
12-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Now is the winter of our discontent. :)

Or now is the time to look back and say, "Wow."

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Not over but jmu would had a whole different scenario to do. We were rolling momentum wise and then it ended up getting stuffed and missing the fg took the air out of our sails.

Nobody has talked much about those field goals. Cam makes one of the two misses, and we have a different ball game.

All in all I thought JMU was the better team. Homefield advantage kept NDSU in it.

No_Skill
12-17-2016, 01:18 PM

Dancing in the endzone after the win.

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 01:24 PM

Yep NDSU played flat. With a healthy DeLuca and hopefully healthy Tanguay back, JMU is going to get thumped next year if they meet up again. This team is going to be pissed off.

JMU DLS
12-17-2016, 01:26 PM

You're ragging on them for celebrating with the fans that flew 1000 miles to support them? I'm sorry. Next time we'll golf clap and politely make our way back to the plane.

NDSU1952
12-17-2016, 01:36 PM
You're ragging on them for celebrating with the fans that flew 1000 miles to support them? I'm sorry. Next time we'll golf clap and politely make our way back to the plane.

Why does it matter so much to you what we think?

You beat a team last night that was, at best, not very good with numerous injuries and we have been more than gracious to you. What is your obsession with hangng around here?

HerdistheWord
12-17-2016, 01:36 PM

Classless isn't the right word. You could tell that this was the biggest win for your current players and they were excited. They had some antics due to excitement. That Abdullah kid is the only one who really irked me. He reminds me of Zeke Rlliot. Cocky son of a gun. He has talent to back it up, but still cocky as heck. His post game interview was terrible as well. Hopefully, if he goes to the NFL, someone can train him to handle the media better. I mean 'God told me last night that we would win' (paraphrased) isn't exactly the answer we are looking for when asked how did you bring down the 5 time champs (also paraphrased)

JMU DLS
12-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Classless isn't the right word. You could tell that this was the biggest win for your current players and they were excited. They had some antics due to excitement. That Abdullah kid is the only one who really irked me. He reminds me of Zeke Rlliot. Cocky son of a gun. He has talent to back it up, but still cocky as heck. His post game interview was terrible as well. Hopefully, if he goes to the NFL, someone can train him to handle the media better. I mean 'God told me last night that we would win' (paraphrased) isn't exactly the answer we are looking for when asked how did you bring down the 5 time champs (also paraphrased)

I can accept that. And you're right. This was the biggest game any of these players have ever played in and were definitely amped up. Hard not to be in that environment.

Ndsu84
12-17-2016, 01:47 PM
I prefer when players act like they've won before. The Bison players are good at that and IMO are incredible young men. When JMU players started their taunting it showed they haven't been on the winning side as much or lack something. In JMU's defense, it's not easy playing in front of the dome crowd.

We were out played last night. The sad part is we still could have won and always have.

Coach Pole has taken Easton out of his game all season long. His play calling last night was poor but we expected that. Too many on here say no negative comments. I say bullshit, we should have solved this OC problem long ago.

Madisonmen
12-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Just plain numb right now. Not feeling disappointed in the players at all. A little disappointed in the coaches prep for the game, but being down 17 changes their mindset with all the game atmosphere going on. Here are a few observations/comments:

Thanks seniors! You gave so much, you filled my Saturdays with pride and joy for 5 years.

Thanks to the entire team for dignity and respect for the opponent after the game. You are great ambassadors for the sport and NDSU.

We need to work on a two minute offense.

Stick is just a Soph, he will get better, bad spot to put him in tonight see above, see below...

Coach P really confuses me. All game, but particularly the last 6 minutes.

Are the running backs told to run into the pile if the holes aren't there?

We need taller tougher WRs who can get YACs

We don't have the athletes on defense we use to. Hope that changes.

We really missed Deluca, especially his leadership.

I see no FIRE in most players during the game during adversity. Is that coach P or on the players?

JMU running back, is a stud

Really impressed with JMUs LBs and Dbs. They were fast and could stick.

We had our chances. But we lost to a better team tonight.

Congrats to the Dukes, good luck in Frisco..

If we can beat you guys in that environment we can beat anybody! Congrats on an unbelievable run.

No_Skill
12-17-2016, 01:52 PM

You asked what I felt was classless and that came to mind. Now this was only one player in particular, so it's not that big of a deal, but he was definitely not "celebrating with the fans". He wasn't even looking at your fans. He was looking at ours. There's a difference between being excited for a win and trying to rub it in, and that's what he was doing.

It's a shame that a few players can shine a negative light on an entire team, but that's how it works. I would hope the coaches use it as a teaching moment to help improve the kids as human beings.

Congrats on the win. Enjoy the championship!

Kingslayer
12-17-2016, 02:03 PM
I prefer when players act like they've won before. The Bison players are good at that and IMO are incredible young men. When JMU players started their taunting it showed they haven't been on the winning side as much or lack something. In JMU's defense, it's not easy playing in front of the dome crowd.

We were out played last night. The sad part is we still could have won and always have.

Coach Pole has taken Easton out of his game all season long. His play calling last night was poor but we expected that. Too many on here say no negative comments. I say bullshit, we should have solved this OC problem long ago.

I agree he needs to go. Our talent overall has masked his weaknesses. Last night he was exposed big time. Easton has regressed this year because of him. It's time for him to go unfortunately...

DCinOK
12-17-2016, 02:05 PM
I'm really pissed more than sad. We clearly lost to a team that deserved to win last night, but we did things that did not help our cause.

--As much as I like PG Tucker, he was clearly a liability through no fault of his own. He was limping from the first play on. We all saw it, and I do not understand why the coaches had him in the whole game. If having him play his last game at the dome was the goal, all it helped ensure was that it was the last game he'll play anywhere for the Bison.

--All year we had consistently bad first quarters and very slow starts to games. What causes that trend?

--Stick was really off last night, and it wasn't because he didn't have time to throw.

--Bruce Anderson seemed very tentative every time he touched the ball. Anyone else sense that?

--With the exception of Tre Dempsey, our other DBs are nerve-wracking to watch.

--I'm still pissed and think that the run should have continued...so much crap last night.

cx500d
12-17-2016, 02:08 PM

Yeah, but it would have been stolen. They owned us and it was a lot closer than it could have been.

Duke Dawg
12-17-2016, 02:09 PM
You asked what I felt was classless and that came to mind. Now this was only one player in particular, so it's not that big of a deal, but he was definitely not "celebrating with the fans". He wasn't even looking at your fans. He was looking at ours. There's a difference between being excited for a win and trying to rub it in, and that's what he was doing.

It's a shame that a few players can shine a negative light on an entire team, but that's how it works. I would hope the coaches use it as a teaching moment to help improve the kids as human beings.

Do you know what's being said to our players on the sidelines? Your fans aren't all angels.

The classlesss stuff is just sour grapes. You don't know our players, that was clear with all the talk pregame about how it's going to be same old same ol. We have a GREAT bunch of guys. Who do the right thing and are totally class acts.

Fact is, none of you watched us play but one game all year (Shsu) , and you guys completely wrote that off as it being about the losing team instead of what the winning team did to them.

MNLonghorn10
12-17-2016, 02:16 PM

lmfao. please..i watched 2 dudes c walk in the corner by their fans after they just notched a top 5 win in program history.

its not like they went and did it midfield

ByeSonBusiness
12-17-2016, 02:24 PM
Oh, that was way more than excitement. That was assholeness.

That sounds like sour grapes.

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 02:24 PM
We were down 17-0. Almost 20-0. How was that on the offense? I said this exact same thing when we lost to SDSU...(And yes I agree the offense was not good, no disagreement there) I too was questioning play calling in the 4th quarter. Over the years the offense has always had ups and downs (brocks INTs, fire Vigen...remember????) So I guess I don't see that as something that is so different. Weve won before when the offense was not great.

What I do see is different is the defensive philosophy. I just don't understand how we let a good QB like him (or SDSUs) have as much time as he wants. When your down 17 points that's hard to come back from...especially for a struggling offense. I don't know the X's and Os as much as you guys do, but thats what it looks like to me.

This. Allowing 27 pts isn't good defense...in any universe. I also was really bothered by the willingness to sit back and not pressure QB's this season. I can't stand the prevent/bend but don't break mentality that we witnessed this year. It's just not the Bison defense we grew accustomed to and that won championships

cx500d
12-17-2016, 02:25 PM
It's worth noting Stick was dealing with a back injury for the second part of the season.

I was also glad to see the Fargodome give a standing ovation to the team when they came off after that last drive.

I said this in the 2017 thread but I really do believe the silver lining of this is that the pressure of the streak is gone. I expect the guys to return to playing Bison football and having fun while doing so next year.

Maybe that is why the play calling has tended towards playing not to lose vice keeping the foot on the throttle. With the pressure gone, they can open it up.

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 02:29 PM
That sounds like sour grapes.

It is. People can cry about anything. Fact is they were better and deserved to win and nothing from their players was over the top

1993bison
12-17-2016, 02:30 PM

Really? We hold them to over 2 touch downs less than their average and we score 17 fucking points at home? Yeah it's the defenses fault? Lmao. We didn't have 2 of our best defensive players for much of the year, Pierre playing hobbled!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

onbison09
12-17-2016, 02:39 PM
NDSU could have won this game. This, the penalty on the next play, and the 45 yard field goal by JMU turned the momentum of the game. With a 4th and long on this play, the 3-and-outs NDSU put on them in the 3rd period, and that NDSU had just scored the last 17 points, NDSU was in the driver's seat when the timeout occurred. I don't know if there was a phantom timeout or not, I assume the refs know more than us, but we had momentum and were in a position to win at that point and let it get away.

Beyond that:
o I was surprised the Offensive Line could not do more to open up running lanes. Hats off to JMU for playing tough in this part of the game.
o Defense - had problems tackling this game.
o Refs were generous. Phil Hanson, others, on radio called ("obvious") pass interference maybe half-a-dozen times, when refs did a pass.
Perhaps NDSU benefitted from some of this when JMU had the ball to even things out..
The ref was running in to call the timeout before the play started. I saw that on TV at least.

silkamilkamonico
12-17-2016, 02:40 PM
I'm really proud of those kids for coming back the way they did after the first half. Showed a lot of resiliency and heart. I got the feeling this team was kind of running on fumes all year. There was really dominating moments but there are so many games this team could have lost and just barely hung on to win. They just couldn't overcome it last night. But they left absolutely everything on the field and you cannot say otherwise.

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Maybe that is why the play calling has tended towards playing not to lose vice keeping the foot on the throttle. With the pressure gone, they can open it up.

Play not to lose mentality needs to end. No more going into the half being content with the score. No more handing the ball off and expecting to punt when up two scores. No more press conferences where Klieman says how good the team is and doesn't know if we will win.

NDSU became the best team in the FCS when they developed the attitude of "we're the baddest motherfuckers in the country". This team needs fire and a take no prisoner approach.

Duke Dawg
12-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Really? We hold them to over 2 touch downs less than their average and we score 17 fucking points at home? Yeah it's the defenses fault? Lmao. We didn't have 2 of our best defensive players for much of the year, Pierre playing hobbled!

Did you notice the guy with all the false start penalties? Yea, he was playing for our senior all American.

Everyone has injuries.

We suspended our starting wr, leading tackler, and had our center go out early in the second.

And we were still clearly the better team.

No excuses. You guys had a historic run. But last nights you lost to a better team.

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 02:43 PM

And 2011, 12, 13, and even last year's playoffs defense would have held them a lot lower than 27. Both sides of the ball are to fault in the loss but our defense (which was the greatest aspect through most of this run) truly has slipped

No_Skill
12-17-2016, 02:44 PM
It is. People can cry about anything. Fact is they were better and deserved to win and nothing from their players was over the top

Like I said, it's not a big deal.

1993bison
12-17-2016, 02:44 PM
Did you notice the guy with all the false start penalties? Yea, he was playing for our senior all American.

Everyone has injuries.

We suspended our starting wr, leading tackler, and had our center go out early in the second.

No excuses. You guys had a historic run. But last nights you lost to a better team.
You just made my point even stronger.

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 02:45 PM

Everyone has injuries.

Yes you were, now quit expecting everyone here to lick your toes and not care about where we need to improve

silkamilkamonico
12-17-2016, 02:47 PM
Some of ya'll just need to let it go. That loss last night signaled the end of something far greater than just one game. Enjoy what that greater was. We lost and it's over. Let it go. Who cares how. Ain't no going back.

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm really proud of those kids for coming back the way they did after the first half. Showed a lot of resiliency and heart. I got the feeling this team was kind of running on fumes all year. There was really dominating moments but there are so many games this team could have lost and just barely hung on to win. They just couldn't overcome it last night. But they left absolutely everything on the field and you cannot say otherwise.

This. The come back was impressive. I said it in another thread but just about any other football team would have folded and gotten routed

HerdBot
12-17-2016, 02:49 PM

Both units stunk it up including special teams which was a non factor. The defense especially. If players are in the right gaps and tackled better, we don't allow those huge plays and we could have won. In the Tampa 2 defense you should never allow big plays like that to happen. It's the whole idea behind the Tampa 2

Of course with all the injuries your going to have more mental lapses

semobison
12-17-2016, 02:50 PM

OC is a problem, lack of athletes in the secondary and WR is an issue that needs to be addressed. This years offense was not championship caliber! If we couldn't run the ball we were screwed.

silkamilkamonico
Also, why is Bisonation arguing with a JMU fan? They have like 1 NC in their program's entire existence. We have almost as many National Championships in our significantly short D1 lifespan as they have Conference Championships in their programs history.

As a program JMU doesn't even sit at our lunch table.

2011BisonAlumni

Everyone has injuries.

Why was he out? They said coach decision on TV. Drug rumors true?

The impact of both teams being fully healthy will never be known. Personally I think losing two all Americans and the best defensive player in the FCS, two guys who would have stopped your running back, was a way bigger absence.

Good luck with EWU. You are going to have your hands full.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2016, 02:53 PM
This. Allowing 27 pts isn't good defense...in any universe. I also was really bothered by the willingness to sit back and not pressure QB's this season. I can't stand the prevent/bend but don't break mentality that we witnessed this year. It's just not the Bison defense we grew accustomed to and that won championships

We tried blitzing early and it wasn't working, they picked it up every time and took advantage of empty zones so we went away from it early.

ByeSonBusiness
Why was he out? They said coach decision on TV. Drug rumors true?

The impact of both teams being fully healthy will never be known. Personally I think losing two all Americans and the best defensive player in the FCS, two guys who would have stopped your running back, was a way bigger absence.

Good luck with EWU. You are going to have your hands full.

How many penalties did that #68 have? I listen to it while driving and he had 3 in the first quarter alone.

DM05

Everyone has injuries.

I wouldn't say clearly. Your guys were better last night. Bet you puckered up a bit after we tied it up and got the pick at midfield, just like all Bison fans when we were down 17 in the first half. This was a hard fought game that swung on 3-4 plays that JMU executed/took advantage of or the Bison didn't. Your defense did an incredible job in the last 20 minutes.

Good luck in Frisco!

02Bison
12-17-2016, 02:55 PM

Get up, hand the ball to the official, and act like you've done it before. Shows confidence. Not cockiness.that is class.

DM05
12-17-2016, 02:55 PM
How many penalties did that #68 have? I listen to it while driving and he had 3 in the first quarter alone.

I think he had 5 of the 6 false starts. Really tentative following the penalties too, Ambrosius beat him off the ball badly several times.

Kingslayer
12-17-2016, 03:00 PM

Everyone has injuries.

Our injuries were more significant than yours..sorry..and nobody on here isn't denying that your the better team. So enough of that shit

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Get up, hand the ball to the official, and act like you've done it before. Shows confidence. Not cockiness.that is class.

Never seen an NDSU player do anything even remotely that cocky.

Kingslayer
12-17-2016, 03:06 PM

Because we do things the right way...we are the better program

1993bison
12-17-2016, 03:18 PM
Come on. A couple off the top of my head. Carson taunting the Iowa State defensive player, Deluca nearly pulling a Leon Lett on his pick six.

Kingslayer
12-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Now ESPN can start a 30 for 30 on the streak!

CAS4127
12-17-2016, 03:19 PM

You're pretty quick to Forget about King Frazier v. SDSU.

That said, I believe the softness of CK is starting to show in all aspects of our team. This "awe shucks" BS has got to stop. And you know what, this "we are raising young men, not just football players" just really needs to go away. Simply coaching a player to be a better, expect more, be disciplined and have emotion/passion trains him to have a great chance at life. No need to train a player any more than that. All this "love" and "touchy/feely" shit needs to end. It comes automatically from dedication and passion for playing/being on a team.

BisonTeacher
12-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Come on. A couple off the top of my head. Carson taunting the Iowa State defensive player, Deluca nearly pulling a Leon Lett on his pick six.

Brock with the championship belt thing.

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2016, 03:21 PM

That said, I believe the softness of CK is starting to show in all aspects of our team. This "awe shucks" BS has got to stop. And you know what, this "we are raising young men, not just football players" just really needs to go away. Simply coaching a player to be a better, expect more, be disciplined and have emotion/passion trains him to have a great chance at life. No need to train a player any more than that. All this "love" and "touchy/feely" shit needs to end. It comes automatically from dedication and passion for playing/being on a team.

Ever think about giving up the lawyer gig and getting into coaching?

Grizzled
12-17-2016, 03:22 PM

Brock doing the discount double check probably rubbed opposing fan bases the wrong way. Who cares? If you don't like it, stop them. Don't act like our team has always been perfect. Good lord.

1993bison
12-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Brock with the championship belt thing.
Exactly. I really don't mind a little personality with that kind of stuff as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I'm actually surprised some of it isn't flagged.

RonMexico
12-17-2016, 03:31 PM
I'm still at a loss about the offside call on the punt. I've watched that play over and over and I just don't see how they got that call. For one, you don't blow a play dead on an offsides. And second, when you watch that play you can see Brad flinches, but he comes up, he doesn't move forward at all. I just don't see how they came to the offsides call..

02Bison
12-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Where did I say the Bison have never done anything like that? Way to imply falsely so good lord to you as well. I don't like any of the individual celebration stuff.

ByeSonBusiness
12-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Where did I say the Bison have never done anything like that? Way to imply falsely so good lord to you as well. I don't like any of the individual celebration stuff.

It was very heavily implied by some, that ndsu players are above celebrating a win.

HerdBoy
12-17-2016, 03:43 PM
As mentioned before in this thread really missed DeLuca and Tanguay in this game, especially DeLuca. Too many big plays and missed tackles. Tough to come back from being down by 17.

NorthernBison
12-17-2016, 03:55 PM
Football games are won and lost on explosive plays. We had very few and JMU had quite a few at important times.

We lack athleticism at WR, LB, and DB positions. Compare our guys to what we saw in JMU uniforms the differences were obvious.

I said all year that this Bison team was less capable at EVERY POSITION GROUP than last year. That point was driven home last night.

Great year from an OVERACHIEVING group of young men.

Now we need a RB with speed AND power. One or two WR with length and speed. We better find corners who can actually cover or we are in trouble too.

CalBison97
12-17-2016, 03:58 PM
Should have worn the harvest helmets and gold rush jerseys. That was the ultimate decision that doomed us. #UndefeatedSuperstitions

BisonFanAnn
12-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Selfishly, I'm disappointed about missing out on another party in Frisco.

But I have had a heck of a good time watching Bison football this year! I'm really glad my family went to the game last night - even my son who isn't much of a football fan had a good time.

It was nice to see James Fisher, King Frazier, Landon Lechler, Bo Liekhus and Eric Perkins at commencement. Congratulations on being successful STUDENT athletes!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2016, 04:03 PM
There is a lot of whining on here about JMU being classless. I guess I didn't see it. What did you expect them to do, when all things are going their way, in the biggest game of their season/careers? Cut them some slack, if the situation was reversed, our players/team would do the same things and everyone on here wouldn't have a problem with it. Bitching about JMU being classless is just bad forum on our part and sounds like sour grapes. Some people on here need to take the green and yellow blinders off and see things for what they really are. The better team won last night, hands down, and they weren't just the better team last night. If this game was played at their house, they would have slaughtered us. They had better athletes in nearly every position on both sides of the ball and from what I saw, they had a way better game plan and a hell of a lot more determination. We got beat, fair and square, because they are a better football team than us in all facets of the game.

Now to address our deficiencies:

Our QB is average at best. Some say he regressed this year, I disagree, he was average last year as well, but I chalked it off to him being a freshman, unfortunately, he hasn't improved this year at all. Evidently, he had a back injury this season, I hope he improves for next year but I have my doubts. IMO, we need to start looking for a stud QB ASAP. We can win with Stick, but we need a hell of a supporting cast on both sides of the ball and we don't have that right now.

Receivers: We only have one good one and even he isn't a big, go to, playmaker. He has great hands but lacks speed and height. The rest are too small to be big time playmakers. We need receivers like JMU and SDSU who can go up and make a play, win a few jump balls, and we need more than just one. Put it on our recruiting Christmas list.

O line: I admit I don't know a hell of a lot about what attributes make a great O lineman, but it was obvious our O line is lacking compared to years past. We need a hell of a lot more push and aggression up front if we want to continue to be a dominant force in the FCS for years to come. The O line seemed soft this year compared to past years.

D backs: The weakest part of the overall team. Although they improved much over the course of the year, they are still a big liability to the D. It was obvious last night that our D backs are too small, weak, and slow to adequately cover JMU's bigger, faster, and stronger WR's and the drop off in interceptions reinforces this deficiency. Not that they don't have their moments, just not consistent enough to be considered good. Need to recruit bigger, faster, and stronger D backs.

Now, we had a great season overall. We (I) shouldn't really be complaining, after all, how many teams make it to the semi-finals? What I am trying to point out is that we need a better receiving corps, O line, D backs, and possibly QB if we want to make another national championship run. We should be better next year, but we will still have deficiencies in the aforementioned areas.

Overall, I am worried about the general direction of the program under this coaching staff. Sure, they won two national championships, but with Bohl's recruits. I am starting to see that Kleinman's recruit's might not be as good as Bohl's. IMO, the overall coaching staff doesn't appear to be nearly as good. We will still be a top 10 program for some time, but for how long and will we win another title? I guess time will tell.

Kingslayer
12-17-2016, 04:09 PM
When was the last time we had a big/tall go get it type of receiver? That's what we need! Vraa was only 6'2 and a possession receiver..need some playmakers big time at Wr!

Grizzled

Lecturing another fan base/team about acting like you've been there before in regards to celebrating implies we have never done it. Didn't see any posts about our guys doing it in the past. Nothing wrong with emotion. It's how the game is played.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
Do you know what's being said to our players on the sidelines? Your fans aren't all angels.

The classlesss stuff is just sour grapes. You don't know our players, that was clear with all the talk pregame about how it's going to be same old same ol. We have a GREAT bunch of guys. Who do the right thing and are totally class acts.

Fact is, none of you watched us play but one game all year (Shsu) , and you guys completely wrote that off as it being about the losing team instead of what the winning team did to them.

You're as full of shit as a Christmas turkey. You're RB and coach are first class pricks.

MNLonghorn10
12-17-2016, 04:12 PM
When was the last time we had a big/tall go get it type of receiver? That's what we need! Vraa was only 6'2 and a possession receiver..need some playmakers big time at Wr!
Let's see if Warren Holloway has any eligibility. ..he was gangsta

Kingslayer
12-17-2016, 04:13 PM
Let's see if Warren Holloway has any eligibility. ..he was gangsta

Forgot about him. Damn right he was!

MNLonghorn10
12-17-2016, 04:14 PM
You're as full of shit as a Christmas turkey. You're RB and coach are first class pricks.
You are sounding like such a bitch with these lines . The fcs needs competition and swag and we saw that from jmu. Now accept it and beat them next year.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-17-2016, 04:16 PM
You are sounding like such a bitch with these lines . The fcs needs competition and swag and we saw that from jmu. Now accept it and beat them next year.

Exactly, we got a dose of our own medicine. We should take it like men and so something about it or shut up.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2016, 04:17 PM

It's none of your fucking business, it's my opinion!

Bison56
12-17-2016, 04:26 PM

Your opinion makes you sound like a bitch.

HerdBot
12-17-2016, 04:40 PM

We need that. That's where the 6-5 Sean Engel will be used.

MNLonghorn10
12-17-2016, 04:42 PM

your opinion blows and it makes the rest of us look like a bunch of sallys

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 04:49 PM
your opinion blows and it makes the rest of us look like a bunch of sallys

UND fandom has rubbed off on him as he has cheered on their team

HerdBot
12-17-2016, 04:55 PM

Bo Pelini said the same thing this week and he's not soft.

HerdistheWord
12-17-2016, 05:09 PM
I think CK is a class act. That post game pressed yesterday was perfect. I am not sure how you can watch Bison football and then call CK's style "soft". The guys still have a hard-nosed, tight-knit team. It's not like we were crushed the whole game. We had lapses this year, but we also had some straight up physicality. I would take CK over every other FCS coach without hesitation.

Bison'01
12-17-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm really pissed more than sad. We clearly lost to a team that deserved to win last night, but we did things that did not help our cause.

--As much as I like PG Tucker, he was clearly a liability through no fault of his own. He was limping from the first play on. We all saw it, and I do not understand why the coaches had him in the whole game. If having him play his last game at the dome was the goal, all it helped ensure was that it was the last game he'll play anywhere for the Bison.

--All year we had consistently bad first quarters and very slow starts to games. What causes that trend?

--Stick was really off last night, and it wasn't because he didn't have time to throw.

--Bruce Anderson seemed very tentative every time he touched the ball. Anyone else sense that?

--With the exception of Tre Dempsey, our other DBs are nerve-wracking to watch.

--I'm still pissed and think that the run should have continued...so much crap last night.

I think our training regimen has built us to have more endurance/power for the length of the game and other teams are built with "short term power" I will call it. So early on we get beat but by the 4th qtr the other teams are spent while we still have gas in the tank.
The confidence that JMU came to Fargo with allowed them to overcome all the things that made it impossible, for every other team that's been here for the playoffs. They will be national champions in my opinion.
Going back to last week, even though the score said we won by a wide margin, we got lucky when stick and the boys made how many third and VERY long conversions- same thing last night, but this time tighter coverage and poor passes prevented that.
We won turnover battle, time of possession and more 1st downs, less penalty yards- but lost the game - why? Big plays- which we normally don't give up that many in one game.
With regard to Anderson and PGT- I agree, looked less than optimal for sure.

bisontwice
12-17-2016, 05:23 PM
This a coaching staff most places would love to have coaching at their university. We had a good team with injuries to key players and we still made it to the semifinals.

wow
12-17-2016, 05:27 PM
Congrats on a great season. Streak had to end sometime. Bison football isn't going anywhere.

NDSUBowler
12-17-2016, 05:29 PM

Crockett blowing kiss at Iowa St

ZHerd
12-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Congrats on a great season. Streak had to end sometime. Bison football isn't going anywhere.

Next year's MVC contention will be VERY interesting and not as predictable as usual. There is going to be some top tier quality college ball being played...you guys included. I'm just sad neither of our teams play FBS games next year. We're both set up nicely to win those, and it stink for the Valley to not have our services in that regard

SloStang
12-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Congrats to the Bison on an incredible run. Absolutely amazing.