PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity to pick up some Gopher transfers?

Professorbum
12-16-2016, 02:14 AM
Good grief! What a train wreck. 10 players suspended, and then the entire team today threatening to boycott the Holiday Bowl if the players aren't reinstated. Of course, even if some players did want to come here, I'm not sure it would be worth the drama they would bring. At most, I'd maybe be interested in some bench players who have been unjustly caught up in the team nonsense. Someone who wants to make a clean break from the U of M and just wants to play football while pursuing a decent college education.

BisonAccountant44
12-16-2016, 03:16 AM
It's a strange situation for sure. Supposedly one of the suspended kids wasn't even in the building where the alleged assault took place, 5 were in the apartment but not directly involved and 4 involved (at least enough to have restraining orders issued at one point), but none had any charges pressed and this whole thing was considered dead for about 3 months before this expulsion news broke.

El_Chapo
12-16-2016, 03:49 AM
aside from the 10 running the train on a the girl.

NDSU would welcome any and all of the transfers!

ndsubison1
12-16-2016, 06:37 AM
I picked UM to win in my Bowl Pick Em. Immediately switched to WSU.

MNLonghorn10
12-16-2016, 06:38 AM
I picked UM to win in my Bowl Pick Em. Immediately switched to WSU.
Holy hell. I had wsu as a confidence 30 and it's now a 43

1993bison
12-16-2016, 02:20 PM
http://www.inforum.com/node/4181068/. What a cluster f. Good luck sorting out that mess.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OrygunBison
12-16-2016, 03:17 PM
I'd be stripping some scholarships.

BisonTeacher
12-16-2016, 03:21 PM
I'd be stripping some scholarships.

This. You can't cave to that crap.

natstar1
12-16-2016, 04:05 PM
if Claeys coaches in '17 I bet it's his last year. It will be such a dumpster fire they'll want to start with someone new.

bisonp
12-16-2016, 04:12 PM
This is being handled badly all around.

I really don't trust anything called "The Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action". It appears that it was consensual, what they did is not for me but is it any worse than some other types of sex that are considered acceptable now? We don't know the whole story of course, but from what I have read the case was pretty flimsy and the video contradicted the accuser's story.

But it was bad judgement by the players involved as well, and absolutely stupid to do a boycott which has no doubt already caused deep and lasting damage to the program. I can't imagine what the boosters who have their bowl tickets are thinking right now.

BisonTeacher
12-16-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm wondering if he had some team rule thing about being places they shouldn't be and that's why they all got suspended.

bisonp
12-16-2016, 04:32 PM
I'm wondering if he had some team rule thing about being places they shouldn't be and that's why they all got suspended.

I thought I read yesterday that Claeys took responsibility for suspending them, though that may have been the school saying that and not him. If that were the case, then I'd think that was a possibility. But today he tweeted out his support for the boycott.

I doubt there is a "no gangbang" clause in their code of conduct and even if there was is that grounds for expulsion? The only thing I can figure is the school thinks it wasn't consensual. I realize they don't need to meet legal standards but I think they should be required to at least come close in something that has such serious consequences of a student's life. Especially after the legal part has concluded with the accuser stating she was satisfied with the result.

PattyBison
12-16-2016, 04:55 PM
I thought I read yesterday that Claeys took responsibility for suspending them, though that may have been the school saying that and not him. If that were the case, then I'd think that was a possibility. But today he tweeted out his support for the boycott.

I doubt there is a "no gangbang" clause in their code of conduct and even if there was is that grounds for expulsion? The only thing I can figure is the school thinks it wasn't consensual. I realize they don't need to meet legal standards but I think they should be required to at least come close in something that has such serious consequences of a student's life. Especially after the legal part has concluded with the accuser stating she was satisfied with the result.

It goes back to attending the University is a privilege and not a right. The University also has a duty to their students to provide a safe environment for their students. The University also has an affirmative consent rule regarding intercourse. Also as you already mentioned the legal aspect is based on beyond a reasonable doubt compared to the University which is based on a preponderance of evidence. Its the same basis as when OJ was not guilty of murder but was found liable in the civil case brought by the Goldman's.

I haven't seen where she said she was satisfied with charges being dropped. I do think she said she was ok with the settlement reached with the restraining orders. But I could be wrong.

Disclaimer - I have no dog in this fight. I'm only pointing out that you can't compare legal decisions to University actions.

BisonAccountant44
12-16-2016, 05:19 PM
It goes back to attending the University is a privilege and not a right. The University also has a duty to their students to provide a safe environment for their students. The University also has an affirmative consent rule regarding intercourse. Also as you already mentioned the legal aspect is based on beyond a reasonable doubt compared to the University which is based on a preponderance of evidence. Its the same basis as when OJ was not guilty of murder but was found liable in the civil case brought by the Goldman's.

I haven't seen where she said she was satisfied with charges being dropped. I do think she said she was ok with the settlement reached with the restraining orders. But I could be wrong.

Disclaimer - I have no dog in this fight. I'm only pointing out that you can't compare legal decisions to University actions.
Where are some of our legal Minds? Grom what I've read, and I don't know if it's true or not, preponderance of evidence is the lowest possible threshold that they could be held to and that there are multiple levels between that and Reasonable Doubt like a criminal case would have.

It seems the part of the players other issue is that there is at least the appearance of no due process for the 10 suspects. That thought process from what I've seen also seems to be carrying over to the parents of players because Antoine Winfield senior came out today saying that if the president and AD keep their jobs Jr will be going to another school regardless of what happens.

If the players are guilty of some type of sexual assault I agree they should all be gone. At this point none of us have any real idea what's going on and it looks more of a guilty until proven innocent situation in which case I can't really blame the players for saying they won't play.

Vet70
12-16-2016, 05:29 PM
Where are some of our legal Minds? Grom what I've read, and I don't know if it's true or not, preponderance of evidence is the lowest possible threshold that they could be held to and that there are multiple levels between that and Reasonable Doubt like a criminal case would have.

It seems the part of the players other issue is that there is at least the appearance of no

due process for the 10 suspects. That thought process from what I've seen also seems to be carrying over to the parents of players because Antoine Winfield senior came out today saying that if the president and AD keep their jobs Jr will be going to another school regardless of what happens.

If the players are guilty of some type of sexual assault I agree they should all be gone. At this point none of us have any real idea what's going on and it looks more of a guilty until proven innocent situation in which case I can't really blame the players for saying they won't play.

Preponderance is the standard used in civil cases and is one step below beyond a reasonable doubt.

Bison bison
12-16-2016, 05:42 PM
And the same standard for Title IX.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

PattyBison
12-16-2016, 05:43 PM

It seems the part of the players other issue is that there is at least the appearance of no due process for the 10 suspects. That thought process from what I've seen also seems to be carrying over to the parents of players because Antoine Winfield senior came out today saying that if the president and AD keep their jobs Jr will be going to another school regardless of what happens.

Due process for what? They will have hearings prior to University actions. In the meantime, they are suspended from football activities. Tough call. The U wouldn't look good if they kicked out 5 players and suspended 4 for a year and still allowed them to play in a bowl game.

I have no clue what the right decision is. It's just an ugly mess.

aces1180
12-16-2016, 05:47 PM
I am not advocating sexual assault!

However, according the video that was shown to the police, she was lucid and a willing participant.

My guess is she pulled the train and had some regrets after the fact and claimed SA. Obviously, the police and prosecutor agreed and decided not to press charges.

Unless they are at BYU and sign a code of conduct that says they can't drink or have sex, I don't believe they should be suspended. I also support the team's decision, because this decision by administration seems railroaded (pun intended).

PattyBison
12-16-2016, 05:50 PM

However, according the video that was shown to the police, she was lucid and a willing participant.

My guess is she pulled the train and had some regrets after the fact and claimed SA. Obviously, the police and prosecutor agreed and decided not to press charges.

Unless they are at BYU and sign a code of conduct that says they can't drink or have sex, I don't believe they should be suspended. I also support the team's decision, because this decision by administration seems railroaded (pun intended).

Wasn't it 90 seconds of video and the encounter lasted an hour and a half?

goldenshower
12-16-2016, 05:53 PM
At least gopher fans don't have to watch mitch leidner anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonAccountant44
12-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Common man just say Kare 11 will be releasing the 82-page report that this committee had when they recommended the expulsion so maybe some answers will come from that.

ByeSonBusiness
12-16-2016, 06:02 PM
I side with the football team here.

BlueKeyAlum
12-16-2016, 06:10 PM
What is it with Gopher athletes videotaping themselves and buddies having sex?

ByeSonBusiness
12-16-2016, 06:13 PM
What is it with Gopher athletes videotaping themselves and buddies having sex?

It's a billion dollar industry, doncha know!

bisonaudit
12-16-2016, 09:15 PM

Doesn't Baylor have one of those codes of conduct as well? What a crock of shit those things are. All they do is encourage people not to report abuse.

mebisonII
12-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Well that was fairly short-lived:

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-players-u-leaders-working-toward-ending-boycott-of-football/407201426/

BisonTeacher
12-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Well that was fairly short-lived:

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-players-u-leaders-working-toward-ending-boycott-of-football/407201426/

I wouldn't have blamed the holiday people would have found someone else to replace them and said...too late ..we found someone else.

yopaulie
12-18-2016, 05:48 AM
Man...I am surprised most are backing the team and players on this. Have you guys read the 80 page report? I think many of the boycotting parents read it, and told their kids, "what the hell are you thinking?" We absolutely need codes of conduct above and beyond the law. If our schools and society's only standard for moral code of conduct is whether or not the police can prosecute you, we are truly f@$#&d. Read the report.

unbison
12-18-2016, 08:56 AM
I side with the football team here.
You can't be serious!
Athletes that receive scholarships and cost of attendance
Are essentially paid employees of the state of Minnesota and therefore should be held to a higher standard then any other student on campus.... that said mr claeys should be gone for knowing what he obviously knows and being the leader of this group of young men and publicly endorsing this boycott

oldmantutters
12-18-2016, 01:55 PM
You can't be serious!
Athletes that receive scholarships and cost of attendance
Are essentially paid employees of the state of Minnesota and therefore should be held to a higher standard then any other student on campus.... that said mr claeys should be gone for knowing what he obviously knows and being the leader of this group of young men and publicly endorsing this boycott
I'm kind of surprised he isn't gone yet. Maybe the University is waiting for some dust to settle.

From my understanding, it started out consensual and then the victim was basically railroaded by multiple players. That isn't ok.

I think I side with the school here. The players are claiming that there was no due process which is BS. There was a criminal investigation, and the prosecution decided they didn't have enough to persue charges. That doesn't mean these players are innocent, which is what they will have you believe. They want you to believe they are being held to a higher standard by the university because they are athletes but they are being held to the same code of conduct as any other student or faculty member.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bison bison
12-18-2016, 04:29 PM
the university has a very high standard for consent that wasnt met by piece of shit 2-10+.

aces1180
12-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Without knowing the facts, I supported the team...

Not anymore! Yikes...

oldmantutters
12-18-2016, 05:48 PM
the university has a very high standard for consent that wasnt met by piece of shit 2-10+.
It's an extremely high standard for sure. That's where I'm not sure how I feel about things. I understand protecting people from SA. I also understand how an event that is "consensual" where both parties are going along with everything, but maybe both parties have had a bit to drink and someone had second thoughts once they are thinking more clearly now the other person can be in a tough spot. There is always abstinence, however I know what its like to be a college-aged person.

That all being said, it doesn't appear that is what happened here. And I am behind the university 100% here. With the facts that have been leaked, this is a case where there really is no gray area of consent, its pretty black and white.

Son of a Bison
12-19-2016, 07:56 PM
The fact that a recruit was involved in some of this is absolutely disgusting.

BisonAccountant44
12-19-2016, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I've only gotten through about 3 of the 80 pages, and it's a much different story now than what was presented a week ago.

That being said, I still don't mind the way the team (not the 10 involved, the other 110) handled this. All they knew was that in September the complaint was filed and the cops didn't file charges. Then 3 1/2 months later out of nowhere twice as many people as had originally been investigated were basically off the team, facing expulsion from school and nobody would (could) tell them why.

They met as a group, decided to believe their teammates and what was known from the legal process at that point and weren't satisfied with the answer of "trust us" from the committee, coaches, AD and Pres so they played the only card they could to get answers. That may or may not have helped expedite Kare 11 finding and releasing the full report, and within hours of the report being released the players read it, got back together and correctly changed their tune.

Now, as for the 10 players and the recruit involved. They can rot in hell, there is no place in this world for treating anyone like that.

HerdBot
12-19-2016, 08:32 PM
The fact that a recruit was involved in some of this is absolutely disgusting.

Wow if that's not a recruiting violation I don't know what is! Well find a woman and train her. Shit that's gotta be borderline illegal in some states!
:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl:

THEsocalledfan
12-19-2016, 09:01 PM
I just read the Pioneer Press article. My goodness. That is not for the faint of heart. Zero doubt that very, very poor judgement happened by all involved.

With that said, the U of M must have done a horrible job communicating with the players. I very much doubt any of this would have happened like this if they did.

bisonp
12-19-2016, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I've only gotten through about 3 of the 80 pages, and it's a much different story now than what was presented a week ago.

That being said, I still don't mind the way the team (not the 10 involved, the other 110) handled this. All they knew was that in September the complaint was filed and the cops didn't file charges. Then 3 1/2 months later out of nowhere twice as many people as had originally been investigated were basically off the team, facing expulsion from school and nobody would (could) tell them why.

They met as a group, decided to believe their teammates and what was known from the legal process at that point and weren't satisfied with the answer of "trust us" from the committee, coaches, AD and Pres so they played the only card they could to get answers. That may or may not have helped expedite Kare 11 finding and releasing the full report, and within hours of the report being released the players read it, got back together and correctly changed their tune.

Now, as for the 10 players and the recruit involved. They can rot in hell, there is no place in this world for treating anyone like that.

That's exactly why I don't support them. That was and still should be private information they do not have any inherent right to know. Now the school is supposed to just air all the private info out to the public to keep players pacified? Ridiculous.

Mr Meaty
12-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Were these ten players playing during the year?

BisonAccountant44
12-19-2016, 09:39 PM
That's exactly why I don't support them. That was and still should be private information they do not have any inherent right to know. Now the school is supposed to just air all the private info out to the public to keep players pacified? Ridiculous.

I can see that, but the police investigation was not private information and lead to no charges about the same incident. After that, and the new "charges" coming seemingly nowhere to think that group wasn't going to have questions that they felt needed to be answered isn't realistic. For me, I'm giving the larger group of players the benefit of the doubt that they didn't throw a temper tantrum for no reason and that they legitimately believed their teammates were being wronged. If that is the case I can see why they did what they did, and I don't blame them.

I guess it really depends on what Coyal did or didn't say to them in the team meeting before the boycott when the players weren't satisfied with the answers they did get. If it was the equivalent of him standing in front of the team and saying "I can't tell you anything" on repeat, I can see why they would be frustrated and go down the road they did.

If he got up there and talked to them about as much as he could, explained the different burdens of proof that the two processes needed, maybe did a little of "we know from the police report that this happened, well I can't get into specifics, but our investigation found that plus x" or "the police report said y which meets the preponderance of evidence requirement because" type talking to help them see that there was more to the story and that this was completely legitimate and not a witch hunt, etc. and they still went with the boycott than you're right.

mebisonII
12-19-2016, 10:10 PM
I can see that, but the police investigation was not private information and lead to no charges about the same incident. After that, and the new "charges" coming seemingly nowhere to think that group wasn't going to have questions that they felt needed to be answered isn't realistic. For me, I'm giving the larger group of players the benefit of the doubt that they didn't throw a temper tantrum for no reason and that they legitimately believed their teammates were being wronged. If that is the case I can see why they did what they did, and I don't blame them.

I guess it really depends on what Coyal did or didn't say to them in the team meeting before the boycott when the players weren't satisfied with the answers they did get. If it was the equivalent of him standing in front of the team and saying "I can't tell you anything" on repeat, I can see why they would be frustrated and go down the road they did.

If he got up there and talked to them about as much as he could, explained the different burdens of proof that the two processes needed, maybe did a little of "we know from the police report that this happened, well I can't get into specifics, but our investigation found that plus x" or "the police report said y which meets the preponderance of evidence requirement because" type talking to help them see that there was more to the story and that this was completely legitimate and not a witch hunt, etc. and they still went with the boycott than you're right.

The thing that floors me with regard to the team at large was that it sounds like a bunch of the team was at the party...I would have thought there would be some general rumors floating around that things got out of hand, and that maybe this wasn't the right time to fall on your sword in defense of these guys. Probably speaks truth to what is said about how hard it is for assault victims to be taken seriously.

BisonAccountant44
12-19-2016, 10:24 PM
The thing that floors me with regard to the team at large was that it sounds like a bunch of the team was at the party...I would have thought there would be some general rumors floating around that things got out of hand, and that maybe this wasn't the right time to fall on your sword in defense of these guys. Probably speaks truth to what is said about how hard it is for assault victims to be taken seriously.
That was mentioned in passing in what I've gotten thorough of the report so far. She actually went to the party with a player and asked one the next day what they'd heard about it and they'd been told a different story and didn't believe it was her or that it went down close to the way she said.

If that happened in a day or two with someone that was at the party with the victim, I can't even imagine what a 4 month telephone game between 100+ people got to and proves that they're going to believe their teammates over all others until proven otherwise.

I'm guessing some of those text messages are in the report further but I haven't gotten that far

BisonTeacher
12-19-2016, 10:34 PM
For those of you who've read it...was it a gopher cheerleader? Or was that a separate incident this year? I remember there being a cheerleader having a restraining order against a player so the player couldn't be at the stadium for a game or something like that.

Also...what does it say about someone who lets their friends stick their necks out for them without telling them the truth ?

PattyBison
12-19-2016, 10:38 PM
For those of you who've read it...was it a gopher cheerleader? Or was that a separate incident this year? I remember there being a cheerleader having a restraining order against a player so the player couldn't be at the stadium for a game or something like that.

Also...what does it say about someone who lets their friends stick their necks out for them without telling them the truth ?

It's the same incident.

PattyBison
12-19-2016, 10:42 PM
Were these ten players playing during the year?

Some (3 or 4) were suspended during the police investigation. Some (2 or 3) of those missed additional games because she was granted a restraining order and was a cheerleader. Some are redshirts. I am not certain on the numbers but that is generally what happened.

El_Chapo
12-20-2016, 04:34 AM
we will take Antoine Winfield JR and Seth Green. thank u

THEsocalledfan
12-20-2016, 01:12 PM

This is one of the key questions, in my mind. Or, is it possible, that they told them their side of the story, and the rest thought that was still normal, moral behavior? If so, God help us as a society.

tony
12-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Based on the leaked report, I don't want any of those guys anywhere near NDSU.

Even if the initial encounter was consensual (and that's debatable if her judgment was impaired by drugs or alcohol), much of it was clearly not.

Bison bison
12-20-2016, 02:59 PM
It's not consensual by U standards, which are among some of the highest in the country.

A signed contract prior to coitus is pretty close to the bar at the University of Minnesota (which is fine, their campus, their rules).

bisonp
12-20-2016, 03:20 PM

Thing is, if they had read the police report they should have known that regardless of prosecution it was at the very least questionable behavior and probably not something they should take a stand on. Especially when that stand risks destroying the program and alienating the boosters that pay their tuition. They also should have known the players were interviewed during the investigation and will have a chance to appeal because that was all reported in the original stories. Yet they claimed "due process" was their main complaint.

Sorry, you will never convince me that what they did was justified. Ignorant entitled whiners, each and every one of them. They set the program back years, if not decades. Who the hell would want their kid to go play at a place where gangbangs are considered an acceptable part of the team culture?

BisonBacker
12-20-2016, 06:04 PM
It's an embarrassment to the state of MN. Anyone defending those clowns shouldn't be employed by the U.

BisonTeacher
12-20-2016, 10:27 PM
This is one of the key questions, in my mind. Or, is it possible, that they told them their side of the story, and the rest thought that was still normal, moral behavior? If so, God help us as a society.

Sounds like the fuss they made about it is making authorities look back into potential criminality.

BisonAccountant44
12-20-2016, 11:45 PM
Sounds like the fuss they made about it is making authorities look back into potential criminality.
Kind of. The county said they'd read the report, the city police said no thanks we already did our investigation.

bisonmike2
12-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Based on the leaked report, I don't want any of those guys anywhere near NDSU.

Even if the initial encounter was consensual (and that's debatable if her judgment was impaired by drugs or alcohol), much of it was clearly not.

This here. No f'ing way I want anybody on that team near NDSU.

56BISON73
12-23-2016, 03:35 AM
Why would anyone want any of those douchenozzles on our team? :facepalm: JFC

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2016, 03:37 AM
Why would anyone want any of those douchenozzles on our team? :facepalm: JFC

I wouldnt even want my kid playing there. It just never ends there, its always something.

EndZoneQB
12-23-2016, 04:04 AM
Supposedly Winfield Jr was accused but wasn't even home and has an alibi. But that is all hearsay.

BisonAccountant44
12-23-2016, 01:47 PM
Supposedly Winfield Jr was accused but wasn't even home and has an alibi. But that is all hearsay.
The story had always been that one of the 10 wasn't in the building. I assumed it was the one that had suspension recommended vs expulsion. I don't think that was Winfield.

bisonmike2
12-23-2016, 01:55 PM
The story had always been that one of the 10 wasn't in the building. I assumed it was the one that had suspension recommended vs expulsion. I don't think that was Winfield.

Maybe he wasn't in the building because the line for the train stretched all the way outside.:hide:

On a serious note, it's disgusting that not one of those guys involved had the balls to step in a say something or do something to stop it and it's disgusting that the rest of the team stood up for those guys not knowing what they were even standing up for.

EndZoneQB
12-23-2016, 02:28 PM
Maybe he wasn't in the building because the line for the train stretched all the way outside.:hide:

On a serious note, it's disgusting that not one of those guys involved had the balls to step in a say something or do something to stop it and it's disgusting that the rest of the team stood up for those guys not knowing what they were even standing up for.

I think the most concerning thing I heard on Barreiro was that a player supposedly said "I'm usually the one that saves the day in these situations"...like it had happened before.

Son of a Bison
12-24-2016, 09:03 PM
This scandal reminds me of the Vikings infamous love boat scandal. The Vikings have done almost nothing since that scandal and I expect little from the Goophs in the future.

The one negative for the Bison is more than likely there will be player and coach departures and how that affects our current coaches and recruit verbals as well as the Goophs future recruiting tactics focusing on quality local kids.

1998braves64
12-25-2016, 02:24 AM
This scandal reminds me of the Vikings infamous love boat scandal. The Vikings have done almost nothing since that scandal and I expect little from the Goophs in the future.

The one negative for the Bison is more than likely there will be player and coach departures and how that affects our current coaches and recruit verbals as well as the Goophs future recruiting tactics focusing on quality local kids.

Vikings went to NFC championship in 2009?? Yeah only one year I guess...

BisonAccountant44
12-26-2016, 02:05 AM
I think the most concerning thing I heard on Barreiro was that a player supposedly said "I'm usually the one that saves the day in these situations"...like it had happened before.

The most disturbing part of that was the one that said it was "A2", the guy who had the original threesome with her and the recruit, took video of that, sent it to all the first year players, bragged about it to people at the party, then left and allowed the rest of the event happen in his bed.

A2 and RS spoke briefly in the hallway outside of the apaatment. A2 asked RS whether she was okay. RS was confused and "in a daze.'' She did not realize the extent of what had happened. She replied, "I don't know what you mean by okay." A2 responded, "I am the one who usually has to save girls from this situation and I wanted to know whether you were okay." RS was confused about what had happened and kept repeating, "I don't know." A2 also asked whether RS would tell anyone what had happened. She responded that she would not. Based on her text messages described previously, RS left apartment B around 4:20am.

HerdBoy
12-26-2016, 10:50 PM
No thanks.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/JKJP1920/33_zpsailwadcc.gif

bisonp
12-28-2016, 02:57 AM
Inspirational performance by the gang rapists tonight.

I've been a Gophers fan for most of my life, but damn this team disgusts me so much I just can't cheer for them for any reason. Hopefully this didn't save Minnesota Fat's job, I don't care how good he is he's gotta go.

56BISON73
12-28-2016, 03:27 AM
Inspirational performance by the gang rapists tonight.

I've been a Gophers fan for most of my life, but damn this team disgusts me so much I just can't cheer for them for any reason. Hopefully this didn't save Minnesota Fat's job, I don't care how good he is he's gotta go.

I gotta ask---if hes good why does he have to go?

bisonp
12-28-2016, 03:46 AM

Well first off...Michigan last year.

Second...because read the news.

56BISON73
12-28-2016, 04:41 AM
Well first off...Michigan last year.

Second...because read the news.

Did he cover anything up?

BisonTeacher
12-28-2016, 12:07 PM

Because he took his players side .. when he shouldn't have. Theres a time for a coach to back a kid up and a time for teaching. He chose poorly on this one. They did some pretty bad things and involved a recruit. I've even heard rumblings the boycott idea may have come from him.

HerdBot
12-29-2016, 12:01 AM
On Bison 1660 today they had Doogie Wolfson from ESPN 1500 in the Twin Cities on to talk about the Gophers and the Vikes. Talk starts at 1 hour 30 minutes

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-dec-28-2016-full-show

mebisonII
01-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Claey's future probably being written today...

http://www.startribune.com/u-leaders-called-to-special-meeting-tuesday-to-discuss-tracy-claeys-future/409534065/

aces1180
01-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Per Mark Rosen (Rosey!), Claey's has been canned.

BisonAccountant44
01-03-2017, 08:58 PM
That didn't take long. Hit refresh on the link above and the story changed to Claey's fired.

NDSUstudent
01-03-2017, 09:04 PM
They should hire Bohl but instead they'll go with the flashy pick and row the boat. Fleck will tank like most MAC coaches that get Big 10 jobs.

bisonp
01-04-2017, 12:58 AM
He had to go. This was much bigger than wins and losses. The entire program was on the brink of collapse and he was completely inept, clueless, and flat out wrong in his response. I can't imagine any parent wanting their kid to play for a guy who stood up for gangbanging. What an idiot.

For the first time in seemingly forever, the Gophers made the right move. They will still have a tough time recovering, but this was a good start.

BisonTeacher
01-04-2017, 01:09 AM
He had to go. This was much bigger than wins and losses. The entire program was on the brink of collapse and he was completely inept, clueless, and flat out wrong in his response. I can't imagine any parent wanting their kid to play for a guy who stood up for gangbanging. What an idiot.

For the first time in seemingly forever, the Gophers made the right move. They will still have a tough time recovering, but this was a good start.

Especially with a program who just replaced their ad over a sex related scandal. It seems to me that people seem to forget that part.

StL Bison Fan
01-04-2017, 01:48 AM

I think if I was a parent I would be asking alot of questions if my kid is one of those tweeting that they wont/ aren't playing for the administration so they will be transferring. Maybe blowing smoke but they look stupid. If this is a team game, it makes all involved from admin to students look bad.

HerdBot
01-04-2017, 02:01 AM

He didn't stand up for gangbanging. He stood up for due process in title 9. And when the details came out... Everyone was like oh shit and changed their tone

tjbison
01-04-2017, 02:11 AM
Pretty sad state of affairs down in Dinky town these days, feel bad for the boosters.

DIBISON
01-04-2017, 02:20 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/gophers-players-lash-out-at-minnesota-support-tracy-claeys-after-firing/ss-BBxRHec

So one tweet said the entire coaching staff is gone, so who is running the program?

MAKBison
01-04-2017, 02:25 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/gophers-players-lash-out-at-minnesota-support-tracy-claeys-after-firing/ss-BBxRHec

So one tweet said the entire coaching staff is gone, so who is running the program?

Bad timing you gotta think teams are raiding any good recruits

NDSUstudent
01-04-2017, 02:29 AM

Wouldn't shock me if they have a new coach named by Saturday. You don't fire Claeys unless you have somebody lined up.

Bisonator98
01-04-2017, 02:34 AM
Sounds like Fleck is the man. Now who does Western Michigan go after?

MAKBison
01-04-2017, 02:38 AM
Sounds like Fleck is the man. Now who does Western Michigan go after?

Bo Po.................

Son of a Bison
01-04-2017, 03:08 AM
Bad timing you gotta think teams are raiding any good recruits

MSUM Dragons should be loaded for the next few years.

Bison bison
01-04-2017, 03:21 AM
Let me guess. Fleck losing to the Badgers put him over the top.

bisonp
01-04-2017, 12:05 PM
He didn't stand up for gangbanging. He stood up for due process in title 9. And when the details came out... Everyone was like oh shit and changed their tone

They had due process during the Title IX investigation. If Claeys didn't know that, he damn well should have because it was reported. He also knew that at the very least inappropriate conduct had occurred.

Here's what he said on the way out: "I won't be up here freezing my ass off, so y'all enjoy the winter". Classy to the end.

El_Chapo
01-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Antoine Winfield JR we need a lockdown Corner and its been documented that his Alibi was legit and HE WASNT AT THE PARTY!

THEsocalledfan
01-04-2017, 04:09 PM
They had due process during the Title IX investigation. If Claeys didn't know that, he damn well should have because it was reported. He also knew that at the very least inappropriate conduct had occurred.

Here's what he said on the way out: "I won't be up here freezing my ass off, so y'all enjoy the winter". Classy to the end.

Yep. I very much doubt the players fully understood the depth of depravity when they wanted to boycott (and if they did, God help us as a society). But hard for me to believe Claeys did not.....

siouxfan512
01-04-2017, 04:15 PM

^This, so much. I wouldn't want my kid playing for the guy. My guess is Claeys didn't even realize what he was doing by "trying" to support his players. He really comes across as an idiot.

I was also pretty shocked at the player parents who were upset about their kids suspensions. I get not being happy about your kid getting suspended, but once you hear what your kid was involved in, how can you get publicly upset. Jeez, my kid would be done, and out of school. Move home, take some Juco classes, and get your life in order, because there are some seriously lacking moral issues there.

Completely agree that Claeys had to go!

Vet70
01-04-2017, 04:26 PM
^This, so much. I wouldn't want my kid playing for the guy. My guess is Claeys didn't even realize what he was doing by "trying" to support his players. He really comes across as an idiot.

I was also pretty shocked at the player parents who were upset about their kids suspensions. I get not being happy about your kid getting suspended, but once you hear what your kid was involved in, how can you get publicly upset. Jeez, my kid would be done, and out of school. Move home, take some Juco classes, and get your life in order, because there are some seriously lacking moral issues there.

Completely agree that Claeys had to go!

Move home? I would change the locks.

siouxfan512
01-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Move home? I would change the locks.

Fair enough. My point is, I wouldn't be publicly defending my kid from their suspension if I found out they were involved in something like this. Some of these parent actually went on TV to explain how upset they were with the school (THE SCHOOL AND NOT THEIR KIDS ...WTF?) If I found out my kid did that I would be totally crushed. I'd deal with my kid, but I definitely wouldn't go on TV to complain about the school.

Though I would like to believe in most cases, people that are upset "after" hear about this kind of issue (pretty much everyone here that has weighed in on the issue) would have instilled more values into their kids to avoid these situations. I know that isn't always the case, but some of these character flaws start at home.

Vet70
01-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Fair enough. My point is, I wouldn't be publicly defending my kid from their suspension if I found out they were involved in something like this. Some of these parent actually went on TV to explain how upset they were with the school (THE SCHOOL AND NOT THEIR KIDS ...WTF?) If I found out my kid did that I would be totally crushed. I'd deal with my kid, but I definitely wouldn't go on TV to complain about the
school.

Though I would like to believe in most cases, people that are upset "after" hear about this kind of issue (pretty much everyone here that has weighed in on the issue) would have instilled more values into their kids to avoid these situations. I know that isn't always the case, but some of these character flaws start at home.

I don't disagree with you. I am not sure when the parents were publically reacting the way they did, but in many instances it happens after they get a sanitized version from the kids and before they know the full story. Just like the team reacted.

BisonTeacher
01-04-2017, 05:53 PM
I was also pretty shocked at the player parents who were upset about their kids suspensions. I get not being happy about your kid getting suspended, but once you hear what your kid was involved in, how can you get publicly upset.

Oh man....how detached you are from the reality that is education. :)

bisonmike2
01-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Great article by John Shipley at the Pioneer Press today.

Is deplorable behavior OK at Minnesota? Many players seemed to think so.

“It’s sad how this administration doesn’t care about the players at all,” senior cornerback Jalen Myric tweeted Tuesday.

Reminder: The university is razing buildings, moving earth and trying desperately to raise $169 million to build an “Athletes Village” that will feature a new indoor football practice facility, offices for the coaching staff, a locker room for the players and a 24-hour training table for all student-athletes. Yet we’re asked to believe that 100-plus Division I athletes — 85 of them on full scholarship — are now victims of a world gone mad. That the university doesn’t have the right to determine whether their behavior breaks school standards.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/03/john-shipley-whos-to-blame-for-gophers-mess-apparently-anyone-but-the-players/

siouxfan512
01-04-2017, 05:58 PM
I don't disagree with you. I am not sure when the parents were publically reacting the way they did, but in many instances it happens after they get a sanitized version from the kids and before they know the full story. Just like the team reacted.

Fair point. I know one person I saw on tv, was Antoine Winfield. You are correct though, I'm sure in several cases the version the parent got from their kids were different.

Oh man....how detached you are from the reality that is education. :)

Haha, I should have said I was shocked, as much as it is just disappointing to see. I just can't imagine taking that approach with my kids (thank God I have a long time until they are ready to go off to college). Shouldn't be surprising that this kind of stuff happens, nor should it be surprising that there are parents that choose to ignore the seriousness of the situation, or look at it through biased glasses.

Nevertheless, it is disappointing to see this kind of stuff happen.

siouxfan512
01-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Great article by John Shipley at the Pioneer Press today.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/03/john-shipley-whos-to-blame-for-gophers-mess-apparently-anyone-but-the-players/

Well written!

THEsocalledfan
01-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Well written!

He makes it way too simplistic. I never seen any mention of what exactly the players knew or did not know. Or what the accused actually told their teammates. I am just saying they are the only folks I feel I can't pass judgement on, other than those who actively participated or were direct witnesses.

With that said, those tweets questioning the firing are quite moronic; I fully agree on that as they should know the whole story now.

Bison bison
01-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Disagree. They players picked the hill they died on, no remorse for them being ignorant of the situation when they made so strong a stand.

PattyBison
01-04-2017, 09:41 PM
He makes it way too simplistic. I never seen any mention of what exactly the players knew or did not know. Or what the accused actually told their teammates. I am just saying they are the only folks I feel I can't pass judgement on, other than those who actively participated or were direct witnesses.

With that said, those tweets questioning the firing are quite moronic; I fully agree on that as they should know the whole story now.

If a player makes a public statement without knowing the facts, I can judge that they are morons just fine.

THEsocalledfan
01-04-2017, 10:36 PM
If a player makes a public statement without knowing the facts, I can judge that they are morons just fine.

Can't argue with that, but I will not pass judgement on them. Culture is clearly messed up with a lack of trust of their superiors. That would be my focus; how do you fix a culture?

ByeSonBusiness
01-04-2017, 10:46 PM
They should hire Bohl but instead they'll go with the flashy pick and row the boat. Fleck will tank like most MAC coaches that get Big 10 jobs.

Yeah, like Saban, Meyer(twice removed, got his start in the MAC), Hayes, Schembechler, Parseghian, you know, bunch of nobodies.

Vet70
01-04-2017, 10:58 PM
Yeah, like Saban, Meyer(twice removed, got his start in the MAC), Hayes, Schembechler, Parseghian, you know, bunch of nobodies.

You stated in the Wentz thread that because football has changed, comparing players 20 years ago with those today is ridiculous. But coaches are okay?

PattyBison
01-04-2017, 11:40 PM
Can't argue with that, but I will not pass judgement on them. Culture is clearly messed up with a lack of trust of their superiors. That would be my focus; how do you fix a culture?

Get a coach who is a leader?

ByeSonBusiness
01-04-2017, 11:48 PM
You stated in the Wentz thread that because football has changed, comparing players 20 years ago with those today is ridiculous. But coaches are okay?

Meyer was this century....the others you could argue against.

HerdBot
01-05-2017, 02:37 AM
We won't get any Gopher transfers. We didn't even have enough scholarships to get James Johanneson who wanted to be here. We have 10 seniors and like 17 verbals, most who have FBS or multiple FCS offers

THEsocalledfan
01-05-2017, 02:55 AM
Get a coach who is a leader?

I don't think that is enough and even more complicated than that. But, would be a start.

Bisonator98
01-05-2017, 04:17 PM
We won't get any Gopher transfers. We didn't even have enough scholarships to get James Johanneson who wanted to be here. We have 10 seniors and like 17 verbals, most who have FBS or multiple FCS offers

Don't think we really want any of them either. Don't need those head aches.

56BISON73
01-05-2017, 04:54 PM

Dont we usually have a couple of schollies in our back pocket? Last time I looked I thought we were at around 60? With that being said I wouldnt touch any of those players.

oldmantutters
01-05-2017, 06:43 PM
If we are being honest, Antoine Winfield, Jr. and Blake Cashman would interest me as transfers.

Bisonator98
01-05-2017, 07:07 PM
If we are being honest, Antoine Winfield, Jr. and Blake Cashman would interest me as transfers.

No thanks.

unbison
01-05-2017, 07:15 PM

He didn't wanna be here

oldmantutters
01-05-2017, 10:44 PM
He didn't wanna be here
Heard him on the radio saying something dumb about how great the atmosphere was at UND when he took a visit there. I'm guessing NDSU said they were pretty set at RB.

BisonAccountant44
01-06-2017, 02:57 AM
IMO this makes Coyle look like an idiot, Kaler like an ass, and confirms that nobody involved knew what the hell they were doing.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/05/why-did-the-gophers-boycott-a-team-leader-explains/

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
01-06-2017, 03:27 AM
Heard him on the radio saying something dumb about how great the atmosphere was at UND when he took a visit there. I'm guessing NDSU said they were pretty set at RB.

There is such a thing as people wanting to go to other places. Und seems to be set at RB as well.

EC8CH
01-06-2017, 04:49 AM
There is such a thing as people wanting to go to other places. Und seems to be set at RB as well.

There's also such a thing as people wanting other people to go other places...

:howdy:

bisonaudit
01-06-2017, 01:21 PM
IMO this makes Coyle look like an idiot, Kaler like an ass, and confirms that nobody involved knew what the hell they were doing.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/05/why-did-the-gophers-boycott-a-team-leader-explains/

I don't understand these players at all. They screwed up. They more or less acknowledge that they screwed up. He admits that the coach told them that if they boycotted it would cost him his job. They didn't listen to their leader. Exactly what he told them would happen did in fact happen, but somehow one of their complaints is a lack of leadership? I have no trouble locating where leadership is lacking. It's not the President or the AD or the coaching staff. It's in the locker room.

They insist there isn't a culture problem on the team but the group text thing was terrible they have to clean it up and those things can't happen? How is that not a culture problem? How is a gangbang respectful to women?

BisonAccountant44
01-06-2017, 01:39 PM
I don't understand these players at all. They screwed up. They more or less acknowledge that they screwed up. He admits that the coach told them that if they boycotted it would cost him his job. They didn't listen to their leader. Exactly what he told them would happen did in fact happen, but somehow one of their complaints is a lack of leadership? I have no trouble locating where leadership is lacking. It's not the President or the AD or the coaching staff. It's in the locker room.

They insist there isn't a culture problem on the team but the group text thing was terrible they have to clean it up and those things can't happen? How is that not a culture problem? How is a gangbang respectful to women?
Agree with everything you're saying, but if the way Coyle addressed the team, the timing around the school releasing the players are refusing to talk statement, and the way Kaler worked with the team are portrayed accurately in that story, those two shouldn't be off the hook either.

tony
01-06-2017, 01:46 PM

There's a lot of fail to go around, but when a person says, "We didn’t know what type of backlash because we don’t have insight into how sexual assault victims feel. We don’t know their thought processes, we have no connection," then that person looks clueless (at best.). For one, you don't have to be a victim to know something is wrong; you just have to be a human being. And, sadly, "the we have no connection" part is false because, based on the report, a large number of Gopher players had a connection to the victim.

"Well, yeah, 10 guys shot this guy in the head, but he was dead after the first person shot him so I don't see what the big deal is for the other 9. Plus, you know, none of us has ever been murdered, so we didn't really have insight into how murder victims feel. I was shocked to find out that they get pretty upset about it."

Of course, the player was talking to a reporter and it didn't sound like he had really thought things through. Hopefully, in retrospect, he'd formulate different answers and express his concerns in a way that doesn't make him sound like a sociopath.

BisonTeacher
01-06-2017, 02:13 PM
There's a lot of fail to go around, but when a person says, "We didn’t know what type of backlash because we don’t have insight into how sexual assault victims feel. We don’t know their thought processes, we have no connection," then that person looks clueless (at best.). For one, you don't have to be a victim to know something is wrong; you just have to be a human being. And, sadly, "the we have no connection" part is false because, based on the report, a large number of Gopher players had a connection to the victim.

That is the one thing that struck me in this story....It made the players look even more stupid if thats even possible.

The other thing that struck me as odd was...."“We were 108 young adult, adolescent teen males trying to do this, and we had no outside voices in the room,So, obviously, we slipped up along the way.” You're asking to be treated fairly, and like adults, but then claim ignorance because youre just kids.

bisonp
01-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Agree with everything you're saying, but if the way Coyle addressed the team, the timing around the school releasing the players are refusing to talk statement, and the way Kaler worked with the team are portrayed accurately in that story, those two shouldn't be off the hook either.

I just can't put much stock into the player's side of the story when they act and speak so ignorantly. Perhaps there was a communication issue with the administration. But there is definitely an issue in that locker room.

We do know that they could not and should not have told the players the details of the investigation, as that was private information and should have remained so. We also know that once the players found out what happened in the investigation, they ended their boycott. That makes it look like they were mad they weren't privy to sensitive private information. But much of that information was available in the police reports which they did have access to prior to the boycott. They just didn't bother to look into it and instead assumed that since no legal charges were brought nothing inappropriate happened, even though they knew the jist of it.

So yeah, sorry the players just don't have much credibility in my mind.

Bisonator98
01-06-2017, 02:25 PM

I heard a few things as well. Won't put them on here but let's just say I haven't lost any sleep over his decision.

bisonaudit
01-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Fleck should be like "don't let it hit you where the good lord split you" with these guys.

That's cheesy enough for him to actually say.

BisonTeacher
01-06-2017, 03:11 PM
I never seen any mention of what exactly the players knew or did not know. Or what the accused actually told their teammates. I am just saying they are the only folks I feel I can't pass judgement on, other than those who actively participated or were direct witnesses.

The more I think about this...the more it doesnt make sense from the players. Didnt this whole thing happen back in the fall? Wasnt it one of the cheerleaders who got a restraining order, and then some players were not allowed to show up at the stadium for game day because of said restraining order? How did they not know what it involved? Even if they didnt get Every detail from the accused...it had to seem sketchy. And lets be honest...kids dont keep secrets very well...there had to be rumblings what it was about. To claim total ignorance is just dumb. Then to claim they had no outside voices telling them what to do is just dumb.

Son of a Bison
01-06-2017, 04:45 PM
That story really made me question what the cumulative IQ of the UM football team is despite the 3.0 team GPA. The story also made me realize how "lost" many of these players are to be so clueless and insensitive. I am surprised more women's lib groups haven't been mandating female sensitivity training for the team - deservedly so since men's basketball had a somewhat similar incident exposed recently too.

Finally, glad to be a Bison fan but that whole incident is bad for college athletics and I kind of feel bad for Claey having to deal with these players. Wow they left him out to dry!

BisonTeacher
01-06-2017, 04:53 PM
that story really made me question what the cumulative iq of the um football team is despite the 3.0 team gpa. The story also made me realize how "lost" many of these players are to be so clueless and insensitive. I am surprised more women's lib groups haven't been mandating female sensitivity training for the team - deservedly so since men's basketball had a somewhat similar incident exposed recently too. and the ad sexting scandal

finally, glad to be a bison fan but that whole incident is bad for college athletics and i kind of feel bad for claey having to deal with these players. Wow they left him out to dry!

fify...................

Son of a Bison
01-06-2017, 05:13 PM
fify...................

Forgot about Mr. Mega. Where did he end up?

BisonTeacher
01-06-2017, 05:20 PM

Rehab?

Ten Char

Bison bison
01-06-2017, 05:32 PM

He's on the Presidential transition team.

Jay
01-07-2017, 03:02 AM
Four previous WMU verbals flipped to MN tonight.

Bisonwinagn
01-07-2017, 05:01 AM
The more I think about this...the more it doesnt make sense from the players. Didnt this whole thing happen back in the fall? Wasnt it one of the cheerleaders who got a restraining order, and then some players were not allowed to show up at the stadium for game day because of said restraining order? How did they not know what it involved? Even if they didnt get Every detail from the accused...it had to seem sketchy. And lets be honest...kids dont keep secrets very well...there had to be rumblings what it was about. To claim total ignorance is just dumb. Then to claim they had no outside voices telling them what to do is just dumb.

There was no crime committed except for the crime of immorality. The players don't understand why their teammates have been suspended/ expelled for morality issues and that was the problem the whole time. Also the captains and the Coach should have been give the full findings of the Title IX review and their never would of been a boycott. Screw the privacy bullshit.

Bisonwinagn
01-07-2017, 05:02 AM

There was no crime committed except for the crime of immorality. The players don't understand why their teammates have been suspended/ expelled for morality issues and that was the problem the whole time. Also the captains and the Coach should have been give the full findings of the Title IX review and their never would of been a boycott. Screw the privacy bullshit.

BisonAccountant44
01-07-2017, 05:42 AM
I don't think the captains should have, but Clayes should have been asking for it at a minimum and Coyle should have told the players it existed and how it came to be to deescalate the situation in the meeting he led that brought in the boycott.

unbison
01-07-2017, 10:54 AM
I don't see us picking up any transfers but we should keep a eye on mn kids that have committed I wonder if fleck will honor all previous offers

1998braves64
01-07-2017, 12:39 PM
After reading that interview with one of the captains, it seems to me the players didn't know exactly why these 10 players were being suspended since some of these were just slightly involved people from the assault. From this guys word Coyle and admin stated they didn't really know either. But then the fact that they named all 10 players to the public and stated it was due to the sex scandal when prior it was 5 of the players? I think that was the original number... They used the example of the wrestling team drug pushers were never named. So since these 10 players were black and apparently all the wrestlers white play a factor? Why couldn't this have been handled a bit less publicly I think was their point and that they didn't have enough adult supervision to help them decide how this would play out.

This whole thing reeks all around. Now Regents are getting after the whole process too, don't know if that will go anywhere though.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

El_Chapo
01-07-2017, 08:41 PM
there will be some gopher recruits/players available. lets go get some!!

BFKasper14
01-09-2017, 04:30 AM
I don't see us picking up any transfers but we should keep a eye on mn kids that have committed I wonder if fleck will honor all previous offers

NOPE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
01-09-2017, 05:07 AM
Antoine Winfield JR we need a lockdown Corner and its been documented that his Alibi was legit and HE WASNT AT THE PARTY!

Really? We don't resort to recruiting losers because they are good at football. Plenty of players who are good at football and not losers

El_Chapo
01-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Really? We don't resort to recruiting losers because they are good at football. Plenty of players who are good at football and not losers

herdbot calling Antoine Winfield JR a LOSER... #Priceless !

ndsubison1
01-10-2017, 02:14 AM
Bamas front 7 on D is so nasty

BisonAccountant44
02-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Winfield Jr. and 2 others have had their 1yr suspensions reversed on appeal.

HerdBot
02-03-2017, 10:26 PM

I still don't think anything more of them. Some people just aint right in the head.

Vet70
02-03-2017, 11:13 PM

http://www.startribune.com/suspensions-overturned-for-two-gophers-in-alleged-sexual-assault/412735183/

BisonAccountant44
02-04-2017, 01:13 AM
http://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/02/03/gopher-football-players-get-mixed-results-from-university-panel

Winfield - was 1 year suspension - cleared of all wrongdoing.
Green - was 1 year suspension - cleared of all wrongdoing.
McCrary - was 1 year suspension - cleared of all wrongdoing.
Shenault - was probation - cleared of all wrongdoing.
Mark Williams - was 1 year suspension - upheld.
Buford - was expulsion - upheld.
Hardin - was expulsion - upheld.
Dior Johnson - was expulsion - upheld.
Tamarion Johnson - was expulsion - upheld.
Djam - was expulsion - now 1 year suspension.

Son of a Bison
02-04-2017, 03:17 AM
That place is a train wreck. Or should I say Fleck wreck. Still wonder if the NCAA investigates since an underage recruit was involved in all of this. Pretty sure they have to given all the publicity and the whole Baylor situation.

Son of a Bison
02-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Lots of lies and smack about former Bison players and program on gopher hole regarding this article. Many posters trashing local athletes who are living their dream in the NFL. Arrogance regarding quality of athletes NDSU vs UM. Do they not remember all of their very recent athlete and administrator sexual scandals? We have a former QB in the NFL, they have a former QB (Nelson) in prison.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/2/20/14612068/pj-fleck-minnesota-head-coach

BisonTeacher
02-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Lots of lies and smack about former Bison players and program on gopher hole regarding this article. Many posters trashing local athletes who are living their dream in the NFL. Arrogance regarding quality of athletes NDSU vs UM. Do they not remember all of their very recent athlete and administrator sexual scandals? We have a former QB in the NFL, they have a former QB (Nelson) in prison.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/2/20/14612068/pj-fleck-minnesota-head-coach

Gopher fans are delusional about their place in the college football landscape. They just are. Ive lived it and seen it. Have they claimed they are winning the big ten this year yet? We need a gopher excuse/delusion thread.

They just bought themselves a few more years of mediocrity by choosing to row the boat over les Miles. Fleck is just brewster without the ADHD meds.

Bison"FANatic"
02-28-2017, 11:32 AM
Fleck is just brewster without the ADHD meds.

This is so correct. Lots of rah rah will make them happy with mediocrity until his shtick gets old.

BisonTeacher
02-28-2017, 11:45 AM
This is so correct. Lots of rah rah will make them happy with mediocrity until his shtick gets old.

AND....So many people that I've talked too have bought in to his garbage....Again. :facepalm:. I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think so.

Bison Dan
02-28-2017, 12:28 PM
We beat Iowa at Iowa and Iowa beat the Gopher at home. Enough said!!!

oldmantutters
02-28-2017, 02:11 PM
From the outside, it just seems like the University of Minn. has this attitude that things should be handed to them just because they are the University of Minn. I think that's why they were making progress under Kill, he was the kind of coach that seemed to know 'you get what you earn'. I remember when he was hired thinking it would be a good thing for them, but people weren't happy. A lot of them thought they were above hiring a coach from the MAC.

tjbison
02-28-2017, 02:23 PM
A lot of them thought they were above hiring a coach from the MAC.

well 3 in a row must just make them jolly then

BisonTeacher
02-28-2017, 02:53 PM
well 3 in a row must just make them jolly then

"Row"? I see what u did you there.

Bison"FANatic"
02-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Row Row Row the dingy right through Dinky town, Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily to mediocrity.

Trumpster
02-28-2017, 02:56 PM
to mediocrity.

If they're lucky

Christopher Moen
02-28-2017, 04:26 PM

They don't understand NDSU's culture, tradition and player development ability. Instead, they try to point out Minnesota's higher entry requirements as a reason why they lose players to NDSU. With that train of thought, maybe NDSU can use the same excuse as to why we lose players to Alabama, which has requirements that are a "bit" lower than ours.

El_Chapo
02-28-2017, 06:41 PM
U of Minnesota Junior day invites were 118.
Guess how many Minnesota kids? Z E R O

NDSU has to be ALL IN on Twin Cities recruiting, Fleck & Staff going nationwide for 3 star and 4 star kids will help NDSU solidify those 2 and 3 star kids. Gotta keep SDSU, USD, UND out of there now, that's a reason why NDSU shouldn't be with those 3... not good planning.

EC8CH
03-01-2017, 03:42 AM
http://wwmt.com/news/local/pj-fleck-questioned-about-alleged-recruitment-of-former-bronco-linebacker

Row row row the boat gently down the recruiting violations.