PDA

View Full Version : Beat jmu

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 01:39 AM
Hello Bison fans! I am a 19 year old college sophomore at Virginia Tech but I am a lifelong Richmond Spider fan. I grew up as a fan because my dad is a former all conference receiver for them and I can tell you that we hate jmu more than almost anything. I don't know how many of their fans will make up to the dome but I must tell you that their fans are the most ignorant, stupid fans that you will find. The way the carry their program is classless with the way they constantly run the score up on people and show zero respect for their opponents: jmu fans are the scum of Virginia and no of our fans want to see them win it all. I admire and respect the NDSU program so much and love seeing consistent success like y'all have. So please do us all a favor and beat the hell out of jmu this week!

tjbison
12-13-2016, 01:42 AM
This is starting to feel like an FBS week

Vet70
12-13-2016, 01:47 AM
This is starting to feel like an FBS week

Cue Madisonmen in 3-2-1---

JMU DLS
12-13-2016, 01:54 AM
By Classless, he means bringing more fans to games in Richmond than the Spiders do. And in regard to running up the score, what do you expect when we play Rhode Island. JMU had First and Goal from the 1 yard line and kneed the ball 4 straight times, and didn't run an offensive play for the rest of the game. That was with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I'm not sure what else we can do. JMU wouldve scored 100+ if we had wanted to.

MNLonghorn10
12-13-2016, 01:54 AM
JMU has played 2 tough games since last losing to NDSU in 2011. This team isn't battle tested at all. Those teams usually are blown out in the Fargodome.

I know that isn't going to persuade any JMU fan's biased opinions on the game because theyre all the same...but it's just what 22 straight wins have taught us

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 02:03 AM
I don't think y'all have ever had more fans than us at our stadium. That is something that y'all made up somewhere. Maybe you did in a year when we weren't very good like in the early 2000's but I have been to every UR jmu game since 05 and I can't recall anytime when y'all have had more fans than us at a home game. Nice try though. Also yes your fans are classless, never giving us credit for having a great program and being extremely sore losers when we beat y'all. Yalls fans also get more excited about a glorified pre-game party being hosted at your school and y'all lost the only thing that mattered that day which was the game. I can assure you that if UR hosted Gameday and lost that I wouldn't ever think about it again. We get it you hosted college Gameday (but lost the game). NDSU has hosted Gameday several times and you don't see them still going off about it every single day.

MNLonghorn10
12-13-2016, 02:06 AM
I don't think y'all have ever had more fans than us at our stadium. That is something that y'all made up somewhere. Maybe you did in a year when we weren't very good like in the early 2000's but I have been to every UR jmu game since 05 and I can't recall anytime when y'all have had more fans than us at a home game. Nice try though. Also yes your fans are classless, never giving us credit for having a great program and being extremely sore losers when we beat y'all. Yalls fans also get more excited about a glorified pre-game party being hosted at your school and y'all lost the only thing that mattered that day which was the game. I can assure you that if UR hosted Gameday and lost that I wouldn't ever think about it again. We get it you hosted college Gameday (but lost the game). NDSU has hosted Gameday several times and you don't see them still going off about it every single day.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we have our fair share of fans who bring up 2 game days, 1 espn sportscenter on campus, carson wentz, blah blah blah

tjbison
12-13-2016, 02:07 AM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we have our fair share of fans who bring up 2 game days, 1 espn sportscenter on campus, carson wentz, blah blah blah

Don't forget the regular season games on ESPN

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 02:08 AM
I guarantee you that it's not to the level that jmu does. I also know that your fans wouldn't still be talking about it if y'all lost the actual game.

Dukes
12-13-2016, 02:15 AM
Eh - he may still be a little upset when we played the 13th ranked Hokies. 21-16, Dukes, what a fun day.

ZHerd
12-13-2016, 02:16 AM
I guarantee you that it's not to the level that jmu does. I also know that your fans wouldn't still be talking about it if y'all lost the actual game.

Well, you guys do have way cooler helmets than JMU. Gotta love your weird, highly original mascot. The Gamedays/ESPN coverage are fun and good recruiting tools but P5 wins and national championships are where the meat hits the grill...for me anyways.

tjbison
12-13-2016, 02:17 AM
Eh - he may still be a little upset when we played the 13th ranked Hokies. 21-16, Dukes, what a fun day.

Reminds me of Sept when we best #11 Iowa

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 02:19 AM
Another thing that y'all consistently bring up and talk about for way too long. UR beat the pukes that year and that's all that matters to me about that year. Try playing Tech now and see what would happen. Oh that's right jmu is afraid to ever play Tech again because y'all know it would be a beat down.

ZHerd
12-13-2016, 02:19 AM
Since you share conference with UNH, what is with the bad blood between the UNH and JMU coach that showed itself a couple weeks ago?

JMU DLS
12-13-2016, 02:21 AM
I don't think y'all have ever had more fans than us at our stadium. That is something that y'all made up somewhere. Maybe you did in a year when we weren't very good like in the early 2000's but I have been to every UR jmu game since 05 and I can't recall anytime when y'all have had more fans than us at a home game.

City Stadium 2008 JMU absolutely had more fans than Richmond. The entire stands on the visitor bench side were full of JMU fans as well as many in the Home section. And do you want us to pat you on the back and have a juice box and orange slice together after the game?

JMU DLS
12-13-2016, 02:25 AM
Another thing that y'all consistently bring up and talk about for way too long. UR beat the pukes that year and that's all that matters to me about that year. Try playing Tech now and see what would happen. Oh that's right jmu is afraid to ever play Tech again because y'all know it would be a beat down.

VT has their schedule laid out some ridiculous amount of years in the future. How often do you think an FBS team tries that hard to schedule a meaningless game to a team they've already lost to?

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 02:25 AM
There were more UR fans in 2008, there were almost as many jmu fans I'll give you that. It's just annoying that y'all act like you're so much better than us when in fact that's just not true. Typical of yalls fans, zero respect for anything. Also mindless and don't know $h1t about football.

SDbison
12-13-2016, 02:26 AM
Hello Bison fans! I am a 19 year old college sophomore at Virginia Tech but I am a lifelong Richmond Spider fan. I grew up as a fan because my dad is a former all conference receiver for them and I can tell you that we hate jmu more than almost anything. I don't know how many of their fans will make up to the dome but I must tell you that their fans are the most ignorant, stupid fans that you will find. The way the carry their program is classless with the way they constantly run the score up on people and show zero respect for their opponents: jmu fans are the scum of Virginia and no of our fans want to see them win it all. I admire and respect the NDSU program so much and love seeing consistent success like y'all have. So please do us all a favor and beat the hell out of jmu this week! Already tired of the JMU fans here. Bison will send the pukes packing with their little tail tucked between their legs.

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 02:26 AM
I wish we would play y'all again, our defense would break schor in half. I don't care about his meaningless numbers. He isn't that good and wouldn't start for UR.

Vet70
12-13-2016, 02:27 AM
Does anyone have some popcorn?

BYZEN
12-13-2016, 02:29 AM
City Stadium 2008 JMU absolutely had more fans than Richmond. The entire stands on the visitor bench side were full of JMU fans as well as many in the Home section. And do you want us to pat you on the back and have a juice box and orange slice together after the game?

That's what we do, while they hand out the participation ribbons.

tjbison
12-13-2016, 02:29 AM

Might need more than popcorn

JMU DLS
12-13-2016, 02:33 AM
There were more UR fans in 2008, there were almost as many jmu fans I'll give you that. It's just annoying that y'all act like you're so much better than us when in fact that's just not true. Typical of yalls fans, zero respect for anything. Also mindless and don't know $h1t about football.

Here's the honest truth. Any real JMU fan respects the hell out of Richmond. We know you guys are a good team, thats why the game between us is always the most anticipated game of the year. That being said, you're our biggest rivals and we're not going to blow rainbows up your ass when you beat us. Hell, we probably do come off as bitter and nasty after losing to you guys because Richmond is the ONE GAME every year that we absolutely hate to lose.

JMU DLS
12-13-2016, 02:34 AM
I wish we would play y'all again, our defense would break schor in half. I don't care about his meaningless numbers. He isn't that good and wouldn't start for UR.

Why didn't you do that the first time then? And if Lauletta is so much better than Schor, why wasn't he the CAA POY or VA Dudley award winner?

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 02:38 AM
I meant that Techs defense would break him in half. He is not better than Lauletta, schor can't throw the ball downfield like Lauletta can and the offense that y'all run is just safe, dump off passes that makes schor look a lot better than he actually is.

JMU DLS
12-13-2016, 02:41 AM
schor can't throw the ball downfield like Lauletta can

That right there shows me you haven't watched JMU games this year. Schor goes deep multiple times a game and is completion percentage on those throws is extremely high.

BYZEN
12-13-2016, 02:43 AM

I keep some extra ready at all times with F'n Hawkers around.

http://thewealthwatchman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Popcorn-bags.jpg

BisonAccountant44
12-13-2016, 02:44 AM
This must be what it's like when people start with NDSU & UD_ crap on another teams board.

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 02:45 AM
Guess you haven't seen us much this year either where we constantly throw downfield every game. schor is not that good and I hope NDSU tears him apart. I would do almost anything to tee off on him and break his spine.

El_Chapo
12-13-2016, 02:46 AM
JMU / Richmond. Ill take Richmond, they let UND out to a 17 point lead, then started to care about the game and whooped dat ass!

StL Bison Fan
12-13-2016, 02:47 AM
Egg nog with burbon. Plus christmas cookies. Tis the season

This must be what it's like when people stay with NDSU & UD_ crap on another teams board.
I thought this looked familar!!

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-13-2016, 02:52 AM
The Richmond-JMU game (11/5/16) seems like it was a good one. Is there any way to watch it on-line? I can't find it. UNC-JMU is on youtube but that’s too boring to watch.

BisonHorns
12-13-2016, 02:58 AM
UR had the dude on the couch in his mom's house making videos and the team practicing with music in the gym. JMU has a band, ripped off mascot from Tom and Jerry, and apparently in 2008 stole tickets from the Richmond section. For those reasons I side with UR. JMU is classless.

ndsubison1
12-13-2016, 03:02 AM
Hello Bison fans! I am a 19 year old college sophomore at Virginia Tech but I am a lifelong Richmond Spider fan. I grew up as a fan because my dad is a former all conference receiver for them and I can tell you that we hate jmu more than almost anything. I don't know how many of their fans will make up to the dome but I must tell you that their fans are the most ignorant, stupid fans that you will find. The way the carry their program is classless with the way they constantly run the score up on people and show zero respect for their opponents: jmu fans are the scum of Virginia and no of our fans want to see them win it all. I admire and respect the NDSU program so much and love seeing consistent success like y'all have. So please do us all a favor and beat the hell out of jmu this week!

Id love to go to a game at Virginia Tech. Ive always wanted to visit the state.

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 03:05 AM
Id love to go to a game at Virginia Tech. Ive always wanted to visit the state.

It's a great place to watch a game. Enter sandman when the team runs out of the tunnel with the whole stadium jumping up and down is the best entrance in college football.

ndsubison1
12-13-2016, 03:05 AM

You know what the attendance was like when you were 8?

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 03:07 AM
You know what the attendance was like when you were 8?

Very funny I was actually 11 and I remember that game very well. That loss drove us to winning the national Title later in the season.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-13-2016, 03:07 AM
It's a great place to watch a game. Enter sandman when the team runs out of the tunnel with the whole stadium jumping up and down is the best entrance in college football.

Next to Clemsons entrance.................it might be

MNLonghorn10
12-13-2016, 03:08 AM
this is up there when Cyclones/Hawkeyes were on here trading jabs

Twincitybizon
12-13-2016, 03:09 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of Lauletta, so I side with him over schor. Not a knock on schor really just think a healthy lauletta is one of the best qb's in the FCS. Saying he didn't win offensive player of the year award is stupid. Awards don't mean crap. If they did SHSU wouldn't have been curb stomped with their "tremendous coach, and offense".

VT_Spider
12-13-2016, 03:11 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of Lauletta, so I side with him over schor. Not a knock on schor really just think a healthy lauletta is one of the best qb's in the FCS. Saying he didn't win offensive player of the year award is stupid. Awards don't mean crap. If they did SHSU wouldn't have been curb stomped with their "tremendous coach, and offense".
Lauletta is outstanding, before he got hurt this year in the final regular season game he was unbelievable. Watching him throw the ball deep is a thing of beauty.

BisonHorns
12-13-2016, 03:19 AM

Hydraulics?

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-13-2016, 03:22 AM
Lauletta is outstanding, before he got hurt this year in the final regular season game he was unbelievable. Watching him throw the ball deep is a thing of beauty.

I agree Lauletta is the better QB, the JMU jagoffs on AGS were trying to say Schor was better and this was my response when they asked why I thought Lauletta is better:

Simple.....when evaluating a QB you have to focus on feet, directional movement, weight transfer and ball position.

You focus on feet, hips and hand position at the release point.

Lauletta has a slightly longer delivery but rarely has trouble staying short throught the throwing pocket. He could try to change the ball position and hold it further away from his ear to try and shorten backward movement but muscularly it is hard to get the arm slot and length shortened. That is the only flaw in Laulettas game but its so minor right now I wouldn't even worry about it. Lauletta IMO makes better pre-snap reads/more consistently. Lauletta has the overall stronger arm IMO

Schor has some things that are nice about his game as well, more mobility and a slightly shorter delivery....quicker release. My biggest problem with Schor is his footwork is inconsistent, he throws off his tip toes quite often as well as his back foot. He needs to work on weight transfer and footwork to be more consistent. Mechanically he is sound.

Both QBs are juniors so there is time for them to work hard over the summer at weaknesses then who knows but right now its not close Lauletta is the more polished player in virtually every aspect you want from a QB.