PDA

View Full Version : James Madison Ticket Site Open for Business

Pages : [1] 2

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 12:49 PM
https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FBPO&linkID=m-jmu&fromDesktop=1

You know what to do Bison Nation

gumby013
12-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Wow, it works...

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Wow, it works...

Amateurs :rofl:

cbline
12-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Unbelievable. What kind of rank amateurs are running an unsecured/non-donor website for ticket sales these days???

gumby013
12-11-2016, 12:57 PM
https://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FBPO&linkID=m-jmu&fromDesktop=1

You know what to do Bison Nation

I'm betting you didn't even need to hack this one like we did for Towson...

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Unbelievable. What kind of rank amateurs are running an unsecured/non-donor website for ticket sales these days???

Ones that haven't played the Bison on the field or Bison Nation in the stands since 2010?

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 12:58 PM

Nope, just found link.

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2016, 01:00 PM
I doubt many people are coming from Virginia anyway. These tickets would likely have been released by Thursday.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 01:01 PM
I doubt many people are coming from Virginia anyway. These tickets would likely have been released by Thursday.

You don't understand their band brah.

Bison bison
12-11-2016, 01:02 PM
change the mailing address on your credit card and create a harrisburg phone number...

Mr Meaty
12-11-2016, 01:02 PM
I just sent the link to friends that are always looking for tickets.

BYZEN
12-11-2016, 01:03 PM

Thanks for that one!!!:judges: Towson was great. I was front row behind their bench and they didn't like it lol. But I still get email from them, strange. :rofl:

gumby013
12-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Thanks for that one!!!:judges: Towson was great. I was front row behind their bench and they didn't like it lol. But I still get email from them, strange. :rofl:

I still get calls requesting donations.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 01:15 PM
How long until we see posts about Bison fans "stealing" their tickets by ordering them from an unsecured website?

unbison
12-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Is it athe fargodome wil call or their own ticket office will call

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 01:31 PM

Good question. Other teams have had will call tables at Fargodome. Coastal for example in the past.

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 01:43 PM
Good question. Other teams have had will call tables at Fargodome. Coastal for example in the past.
You would almost have to think that the will call is at the Fargodome. Reason being, what if you are a JMU fan but live in Chicago and are going to the game, are they going to expect you to go to JMU to pick up a ticket, doubt it.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 01:43 PM

Note from website says:

Your tickets will be available for pick up following the priority deadline. Watch for follow up regarding specific will call details.

BisonHorns
12-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Jackrabbits had their own will call window yesterday.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 02:00 PM
http://csnbbs.com/thread-801969-post-13895931.html#pid13895931

Attempts to stop the bleeding are in progress.

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Whats with these teams and their bands!

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 02:06 PM
I bought my ticket, going to be fun sitting right in the middle of all the JMU fans.

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 02:07 PM
I bought my ticket, going to be fun sitting right in the middle of all the JMU fans.

Got 5 in the JMU section...
Score

lascrs
12-11-2016, 02:07 PM
I will be there with you. Horns Up.

bison22
12-11-2016, 02:09 PM
Me and 2 others have grabbed 8 of them

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 02:12 PM
Are the tickets assigned a seat, or is it a first come first serve thing. Also, what section do they assign for the visiting team. If I remember correctly, in the past (or at least one year) the visiting teams (in the playoffs) had seats somewhere near the 30 yard line not to far from the student section. I know that during the regular season they get a area in the NW corner.

TAILG8R
12-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Are the tickets assigned a seat, or is it a first come first serve thing. Also, what section do they assign for the visiting team. If I remember correctly, in the past (or at least one year) the visiting teams (in the playoffs) had seats somewhere near the 30 yard line not to far from the student section. I know that during the regular season they get a area in the NW corner.

Not sure when it happened but they moved the visitors back to the nw corner for playoff games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Whats with these teams and their bands!
The band for a lot of these schools have mythical powers that allow the football teams to run 2x faster, play smarter, become 2x as strong, and the coach gets to see into the future. And on top of all that, JMU claims to have developed some sort of Bison replant that they are going to spray on their uniforms and the football.

BisonFan02
12-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Are you guys getting actual ticket confirmations or is it still a lottery?

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 02:22 PM
Me and 2 others have grabbed 8 of them

Aren't we going to look great picking up our tickets at the JMU will call while wearing our Bison gear. I might have to wear my suit and tie to make a good impression, just like a job interview.

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Are you guys getting actual ticket confirmations or is it still a lottery?
Looking at the e-mail they sent me it sure seems like a confirmation.

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Not sure when it happened but they moved the visitors back to the nw corner for playoff games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rule says, home team just has to open seats in the same section as regular season.....no need to move rhem to those prime seats.

Not sure why we used to open the spot by the students

NDSU1980
12-11-2016, 02:24 PM
One post on the duke site said tickets are still allocated by priority points with the duke club. It would appear they are just taking names and CC numbers now and will dole out the tickets based on points. Of course, maybe they really aren't that smart and that poster had no clue what he was talking about.

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 02:27 PM
One post on the duke site said tickets are still allocated by priority points with the duke club. It would appear they are just taking names and CC numbers now and will dole out the tickets based on points. Of course, maybe they really aren't that smart and that poster had no clue what he was talking about.

That must just be for the min. Guaranteed alotment that jmu must buy. It looks like those byound that jmu is selling ga.

Vet70
12-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Rule says, home team just has to open seats in the same section as regular season.....no need to move rhem to those prime seats.

Not sure why we used to open the spot by the students

A few years ago when the Bunnies were in that section a lady asked the ushers to make the students quit cheering. I don't think it was Cookie.

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 02:31 PM
A few years ago when the Bunnies were in that section a lady asked the ushers to make the students quit cheering. I don't think it was Cookie.

Bunnies = anti fan experience

lascrs
12-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Looking at the e-mail they sent me it sure seems like a confirmation.

Have a confirmation number and a charge to my credit card.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Email is worded as a ticket purchase confirmation, but they could always filter and send refunds as there is no immediate email delivery option.

This is similar situation to ISUr in Frisco.

MNLonghorn10
12-11-2016, 02:41 PM
How is it every year, we play some pud team who never makes it this far and they get caught with their pants down with NDSU fans?

Kingslayer
12-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Charged 3 to my card! Hope this works....

Bisonfanatical
12-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Interesting
We were not to far apart, I was front row to the side of their bench.
Bison Nation owned their section that year.
Great Game!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JSUBison
12-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Well I all know is last year I bought about a half dozen tickets from Richmonds website and picked up the tickets at the Fargodome. I can't imagine JMU has thought this all the way through if they are already selling tickets to the public. I think it will be the same deal this year, lol.

bisonaudit
12-11-2016, 02:56 PM
The NCAA used to have a rule that the visiting tickets for playoff games were to be located behind the visiting bench. They scrapped that several years ago.

Hammersmith
12-11-2016, 03:16 PM
The NCAA used to have a rule that the visiting tickets for playoff games were to be located behind the visiting bench. They scrapped that several years ago.

Wasn't there also a rule about not seating the students directly behind the visitor's bench? I thought that was the primary reason why a chunk of visitor seats were placed in the bottom of section 16, to act as a buffer.

bisonaudit
12-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Wasn't there also a rule about not seating the students directly behind the visitor's bench? I thought that was the primary reason why a chunk of visitor seats were placed in the bottom of section 16, to act as a buffer.

Maybe that was it. Whether it was visitor seating or home team knitters they wanted some sort of buffer.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Seat locations will be assigned following the Duke Club Priority Deadline of Tuesday, December 13 at 5 p.m. Tickets must be picked up and will not be mailed. Pick up will be available at the Convocation Center Ticket Office on Wednesday, December 14 or on game day at the FargoDome.

That's the info on their website for will call pick up.

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Seat locations will be assigned following the Duke Club Priority Deadline of Tuesday, December 13 at 5 p.m. Tickets must be picked up and will not be mailed. Pick up will be available at the Convocation Center Ticket Office on Wednesday, December 14 or on game day at the FargoDome.

That's the info on their website for will call pick up.

Sucks, i gotta pick my 5 up game day, but oh well

Swaghook
12-11-2016, 03:41 PM
We got our 2 just like the Richmond game.

BisManBison
12-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Have a confirmation number and a charge to my credit card.

I got that a few years ago when ordering from Illinois State's site for the chipper. Got a follow up email from the school notifying me they weren't honoring the sale and credited my card and I didn't end up getting the tickets.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-11-2016, 06:24 PM
I got that a few years ago when ordering from Illinois State's site for the chipper. Got a follow up email from the school notifying me they weren't honoring the sale and credited my card and I didn't end up getting the tickets.

Im sure they will be honoring this. I honestly can't see a lot of their fans making the trip here for a Friday game.

DukesRoll
12-11-2016, 06:41 PM
JMU ticket office employee here. Sorry but we will not be honoring your purchases. As of right now we have nearly 300 of the 500 sold. We also just announced a charter flight w/ ticket package deal that will basically guarantee the remaining will be sold. Any remaining tickets after our priority period for donors only end are being purchased by the school and given to senior administration faculty etc for the trip.

DukesRoll
12-11-2016, 06:43 PM
With that said, I will be there for the game. Where to go and what to do? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

thebigund
12-11-2016, 06:51 PM
With that said, I will be there for the game. Where to go and what to do? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Go to the Nestor. It's a quaint little bar that is the essence of Fargo.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 06:52 PM

Walking the tailgate lots is a must if you like getting offered free food and drink and talking football. Bundle up though.

Hit up downtown if you like bar hopping.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-11-2016, 06:53 PM
JMU ticket office employee here. Sorry but we will not be honoring your purchases. As of right now we have nearly 300 of the 500 sold. We also just announced a charter flight w/ ticket package deal that will basically guarantee the remaining will be sold. Any remaining tickets after our priority period for donors only end are being purchased by the school and given to senior administration faculty etc for the trip.

Well fine then...

http://i.imgur.com/EmkfMSs.gif

MrSnuffleupagus
12-11-2016, 06:55 PM

Lots of bars downtown, decent resutrants downtown as well. In terms of before the game, go to the tailgate lot and you will be force fed food and booze until you explode.

Vet70
12-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Well fine then...

http://i.imgur.com/EmkfMSs.gif

"DukesTroll?"

bisonaudit
12-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Yep, and I'm notthefakesvp.

IzzyFlexion
12-11-2016, 07:00 PM

Go to Specks on Main. Slam 5 or 6 tequila shots and then walk about 100 feet over to Rick's.
Then...........rip your shirt off while shouting "ALL BIKERS SUCK FUCKING SHIT!!!!!"

Should go well.............really.

DukesRoll
12-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Yeah I just might do that if I wanted to die. Anyway guys I have no interest in trolling anyone. I actually have massive respect for NDSU I see our fanbase as very similar to ours. I am looking forward to walking the tailgate lots and if we ever get to host I encourage you to do the same.

As far as the tickets I am not sure where the tickets are going (I am shocked we've sold 300 just because of the distance) but I just listened to our AD say in person that not a single ticket will be returned or sold to anyone who is not a Duke Club member anyone gets confirmation emails of you place an order, then refunds are issued if we can't honor the transaction.

I can't wait to get out there Thursday, this is going to be one hell of a game!

Mr Meaty
12-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Yeah I just might do that if I wanted to die. Anyway guys I have no interest in trolling anyone. I actually have massive respect for NDSU I see our fanbase as very similar to ours. I am looking forward to walking the tailgate lots and if we ever get to host I encourage you to do the same.

As far as the tickets I am not sure where the tickets are going (I am shocked we've sold 300 just because of the distance) but I just listened to our AD say in person that not a single ticket will be returned or sold to anyone who is not a Duke Club member anyone gets confirmation emails of you place an order, then refunds are issued if we can't honor the transaction.

Look forward to you and the dukes Friday night.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-11-2016, 07:12 PM

I'm curious as to why you're making this announcement outside of someone who is authorized to speak on JMU's behalf. Unless...you are? Just seems odd that an employee would be speaking for the 'company'.

BisonAlumni
12-11-2016, 07:19 PM
In for two. I'll roll the dice and see what happens.

Bisonwinagn
12-11-2016, 07:19 PM
How long until we see posts about Bison fans "stealing" their tickets by ordering them from an unsecured website?

Well it's not technically stealing, but clearly unethical and classless. I find it despicably to take from someone's alotment until they have been released. If you can live with yourself knowing you are a thief then enjoy the game.

Kingslayer
12-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Well it's not technically stealing, but clearly unethical and classless. I find it despicably to take from someone's alotment until they have been released. If you can live with yourself knowing you are a thief then enjoy the game.

Last time I checked it's "our" house. They are damn lucky the ncaa gives them seats at all.

thedukesarehere
12-11-2016, 07:28 PM
I'm curious as to why you're making this announcement outside of someone who is authorized to speak on JMU's behalf. Unless...you are? Just seems odd that an employee would be speaking for the 'company'.

This isn't a leak of unauthorized information, this is purely common sense. Do you really think that we would allow Bison fans to purchase our ticket allotment? I know its been a while since we have been this deep in the playoffs but this ain't our first rodeo. If you purchased tickets from the JMU site and are banking on actually receiving those tickets, I have some bad news for you.

Looking forward to the game! Its going to be a long, unproductive week at work. You guys certainly know how to host and throw a party, no doubt about that.

Swaghook
12-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Seem to remember Spiders fans saying some of the same stuff. Saw lots of Bison fans at the spiders will call window last year.

BisonTru
12-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Good time to become a member of the Duke club.👍

thedukesarehere
12-11-2016, 08:01 PM
Good time to become a member of the Duke club.

Couldn't agree with you more. We would welcome any and all donations, but you would have to give a lot to earn the priority points needed to get your hands on tickets for this game.

thedukesarehere
12-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Seem to remember Spiders fans saying some of the same stuff. Saw lots of Bison fans at the spiders will call window last year.

Don't make the mistake of comparing the JMU fanbase to the Richmond fanbase in any way. The Richmond fanbase primarily consists of 70 year old guys that wear sweater vests and show up to the game about 30 minutes before kickoff. When we played them at Richmond this year, we had just as many fans there as they did. Their message boards were full of people saying how embarrassing it was that we took over their tailgate lots.

bisonaudit
12-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. We would welcome any and all donations, but you would have to give a lot to earn the priority points needed to get your hands on tickets for this game.

When you've only sold 60% of the minimum counting the ones we've purchased? OK.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-11-2016, 08:15 PM
When you've only sold 60% of the minimum counting the ones we've purchased? OK.

Not to mention this is most likely including bison fans...

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 08:22 PM

How exactly is it clearly unethical and classless to buy something online that is offered for sale?

Thanks I will enjoy the game. Bought another 6 from ndsu ticket office. Pretty much same process as the order I made with JMU.

If I have extra I'll sell at face value. Maybe that will save my evil soul.

bisonaudit
12-11-2016, 08:26 PM

It isn't as if people are trying this purely out of spite. Tickets are legitimately difficult to come by. If you want to go to the game, why not pursue every available option?

Honeybooboo
12-11-2016, 08:27 PM
tons of tickets on Stub hub

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 08:36 PM

You just said previously any left over after donor orders would be bought by university and given to faculty/staff. Sounds like there's an expectation donor orders won't sell out allotment.

ndsubison1
12-11-2016, 08:47 PM
This isn't a leak of unauthorized information, this is purely common sense. Do you really think that we would allow Bison fans to purchase our ticket allotment? I know its been a while since we have been this deep in the playoffs but this ain't our first rodeo. If you purchased tickets from the JMU site and are banking on actually receiving those tickets, I have some bad news for you.

Looking forward to the game! Its going to be a long, unproductive week at work. You guys certainly know how to host and throw a party, no doubt about that.

Because it;s happened before, you noob

ndsubison1
12-11-2016, 08:49 PM

Richmond is no match for JMU.

scottietohottie
12-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Someone is going to have to explain to me what a band is.

Oh and just a heads up to you jmu fans who plan on tailgating, if you don't have your drink in a cup the tailgate security will just throw a grenade at you without even warning.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 08:58 PM

Oh and just a heads up to you jmu fans who plan on tailgating, if you don't have your drink in a cup the tailgate security will just throw a grenade at you without even warning.

I enjoyed the week long Anchor Man quote fest for the Whale Vaginas game.

Can we expect a series of quotes from the Federalist Papers this week?

1998braves64
12-11-2016, 09:00 PM

Or spray you down with fire hoses! :biggrin: Our ND police force is well versed for these tactics apparently!

thedukesarehere
12-11-2016, 09:03 PM
You just said previously any left over after donor orders would be bought by university and given to faculty/staff. Sounds like there's an expectation donor orders won't sell out allotment.

I am confident that our Duke Club members can hit the number. What the other poster was saying is that in the event we don't, JMU will buy any leftovers and give them to senior administrators. Either way, they aren't allowing non-JMU people to buy any part of our allotment.

thedukesarehere
12-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Because it;s happened before, you noob

Won't happen this year, I can guarantee you that. Any school that lets that happen should be embarrassed.

Kingslayer
12-11-2016, 09:05 PM
I am confident that our Duke Club members can hit the number. What the other poster was saying is that in the event we don't, JMU will buy any leftovers and give them to senior administrators. Either way, they aren't allowing non-JMU people to buy any part of our allotment.

Which inevitable means empty seats in the dome. Which means standing room only Bison fans will sit there. We win anyway :)

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Won't happen this year, I can guarantee you that. Any school that lets that happen should be embarrassed.

Well good luck then in filling your allotment.

No hard feelings if my order is refunded, us Bison fans are hungry and will seek any avenue available for tickets.

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 09:14 PM

what day is the charter rolling in?

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 09:15 PM

You should give the extras to your band

Vet70
12-11-2016, 09:17 PM
You should give the extras to your band

Would that be the 400+member band that we have to accommodate?

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Would that be the 400+member band that we have to accommodate?

I am sure it would be quite the treat for us!

bisonaudit
12-11-2016, 09:21 PM

I thought we were already talking about shelling out a whole $50 for a membership card?

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Pretty sure you are a liar. The web site to purchase tickets at no point in the whole process asks for any information like a Duke Club member ID or any other info that would tell them that a person is a Duke Club member. I was just able to run through the whole process right up until hitting the confirm transaction button.
And please do tell, why would JMU buy unsold tickets from its own allotment and then give them to senior administrators when those same senior admins can/should buy those tickets themselves with there own money. You really expect anyone to believe that they would not return them in order to avoid being charged for tickets they can't sell. If it is true, then show us a link.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Their ticket ordering site looks similar to ours. I would guess if you log into an account with a donation history when purchasing tickets they could link the order to the donors account.

thedukesarehere
12-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Pretty sure you are a liar. The web site to purchase tickets at no point in the whole process asks for any information like a Duke Club member ID or any other info that would tell them that a person is a Duke Club member. I was just able to run through the whole process right up until hitting the confirm transaction button.
And please do tell, why would JMU buy unsold tickets from its own allotment and then give them to senior administrators when those same senior admins can/should buy those tickets themselves with there own money. You really expect anyone to believe that they would not return them in order to avoid being charged for tickets they can't sell. If it is true, then show us a link.

If you click on the more information link, you will see a message that clearly states seating will be based on Duke Club priority points. You can definitely submit your order today, but it's not going to be honored. What kind of link are you looking for? It's all there on the JMU ticket site buddy. Why do you guys even care about what we do with our allotment? It's ours so we can sell or give them to whoever we choose, just like you guys can. You will clearly greatly outnumber us so just relax and get ready for the game. You'll see that I am right when the orders are refunded later this week.

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 10:11 PM
If you click on the more information link, you will see a message that clearly states seating will be based on Duke Club priority points. You can definitely submit your order today, but it's not going to be honored. What kind of link are you looking for? It's all there on the JMU ticket site buddy. Why do you guys even care about what we do with our allotment? It's ours so we can sell or give them to whoever we choose, just like you guys can. You will clearly greatly outnumber us so just relax and get ready for the game. You'll see that I am right when the orders are refunded later this week.
Just checked again, and yes I see the part about the Duke Club priority points, FYI every alumni group has that. There is no mention anywhere that tickets not sold to Duke Club members will be taken away or not honored.

BisonHorns
12-11-2016, 10:13 PM
I already have my own season tickets but you are talking dumb. How will they refund tickets? What about the JMU fans with ND addresses? Just answer us if you are younger than 13 so we know what we are working with. The band junk blows me away. JMyou fans wont travel so they are forcing the band to support the team instead.

thedukesarehere
12-11-2016, 10:20 PM
I already have my own season tickets but you are talking dumb. How will they refund tickets? What about the JMU fans with ND addresses? Just answer us if you are younger than 13 so we know what we are working with. The band junk blows me away. JMyou fans wont travel so they are forcing the band to support the team instead.

Nobody that submitted a ticket order today actually received ticket. All they did was submit a request for a ticket. Ask your friends on here and they will confirm that. If JMU fan that lives in ND is a Duke Club member, they will have no problem getting tickets. Everyone else will simply have their cards refunded later this week. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 10:20 PM
The JMU site has stopped selling tickets to the game. The link to get in is now closed.

Kingslayer
12-11-2016, 10:22 PM
The JMU site has stopped selling tickets to the game. The link to get in is now closed.

Because they know that they fucked up

thedukesarehere
12-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Just checked again, and yes I see the part about the Duke Club priority points, FYI every alumni group has that. There is no mention anywhere that tickets not sold to Duke Club members will be taken away or not honored.

You are right, it doesn't. I'm just telling you what JMU will do if they don't sell all 500 to our donors. Hell, if the school bought all 500 tickets you are only talking about 20k. That's nothing for a school with a $37 million annual athletics budget.

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 10:28 PM
Nobody that submitted a ticket order today actually received ticket. All they did was submit a request for a ticket. Ask your friends on here and they will confirm that. If JMU fan that lives in ND is a Duke Club member, they will have no problem getting tickets. Everyone else will simply have their cards refunded later this week. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?
The concept is easy to grasp and I agree with it. However, you are adding the notion that if JMU does not sell out its Duke Club allotment and extra tickets are available, that the school is not going to allow anyone else to buy tickets even if they are a JMU fan. The way that you phrase it you are saying that no students, no locals who enjoy your school, NO ONE who isn't a DC members/alumni can go to the game even if tickets are available. That is why what you are saying comes across as BS.

Bison bison
12-11-2016, 10:29 PM
i have a very large penis.

unbison
12-11-2016, 10:43 PM
i have a very large penis.

You would be a hit at jmu... it was founded in 1908 as the State Normal and Industrial School for Women at Harrisonburg

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 10:46 PM
You are right, it doesn't. I'm just telling you what JMU will do if they don't sell all 500 to our donors. Hell, if the school bought all 500 tickets you are only talking about 20k. That's nothing for a school with a $37 million annual athletics budget.
A little side note, just looked up a article about the JMU athletic budget. 80% of the budget is funded by student fees, the alumni donations only accounted for 2 million of what was between 33-37 million total operational athletic budget. Those sure do seem to be way out of wack for what NDSU does. According to those numbers the alumni only cover between 5-6%.. And to think, according to thedukesarehere, those students (because they are not DC members can't go to this football game.:rofl:

Kingslayer
12-11-2016, 10:51 PM
A little side note, just looked up a article about the JMU athletic budget. 80% of the budget is funded by student fees, the alumni donations only accounted for 2 million of what was between 33-37 million total operational athletic budget. Those sure do seem to be way out of wack for what NDSU does. According to those numbers the alumni only cover between 5-6% and the students pay (in student fees) almost 95%. And to think, according to thedukesarehere, those students (because they are not DC members can't go to this football game.:rofl:

Yeah that's messed up. Good intel

thedukesarehere
12-11-2016, 11:18 PM
A little side note, just looked up a article about the JMU athletic budget. 80% of the budget is funded by student fees, the alumni donations only accounted for 2 million of what was between 33-37 million total operational athletic budget. Those sure do seem to be way out of wack for what NDSU does. According to those numbers the alumni only cover between 5-6% and the students pay (in student fees) almost 95%. And to think, according to thedukesarehere, those students (because they are not DC members can't go to this football game.:rofl:

I agree that a small portion of our allotment could be set aside for students. But realistically, how many students have $1k to go to football game? I sure as hell didn't when I was a student. My main point was that all the Bison fans who started this thread and claimed that we are small time and don't know what we are doing are very wrong in their assessment of JMU. We are dumb enough to open up the tickets to everyone and let you guys buy them up. That's the takeaway here my friend.

EC8CH
12-11-2016, 11:21 PM
After all this talk anything short of a packed visitors section is going to be a dissapointment. And the band don't count.

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 11:38 PM
I agree that a small portion of our allotment could be set aside for students. But realistically, how many students have $1k to go to football game? I sure as hell didn't when I was a student. My main point was that all the Bison fans who started this thread and claimed that we are small time and don't know what we are doing are very wrong in their assessment of JMU. We are dumb enough to open up the tickets to everyone and let you guys buy them up. That's the takeaway here my friend.

The original takeaway was that it was stupid to open it up to the chance that NDSU fans could buy the tickets. In the end we now find out that unless you are a Duke Club/alumni, you are not going to get a ticket to the game as a JMU fan even if tickets are available because they are going to make sure that the schools senior admin members are going to get the tickets. NDSU makes sure its Alumni get tickets first, then any that are left become available to the public on a first come first serve basis.

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 11:46 PM
The original takeaway was that it was stupid to open it up to the chance that NDSU fans could buy the tickets. In the end, we now find out that unless you are a Duke Club/alumni, you are not going to get a ticket to the game as a JMU fan even if tickets are available because they are going to make sure that the school's senior admin members are going to get the tickets. NDSU makes sure its Alumni get tickets first, then any that are left become available to the public on a first come first serve basis.

not so fast......Remember two years ago and the discrimination lawsuit! I forget what team it was, but they sold a bunch of tickets to none club members only to rescind them when they found out it was another team's fans.....they did not have a disclosure statement on their site. Anyway, the school wound up losing or the caved one of thee two.....somehting like 40 people got losses plus attorney fees.

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 11:49 PM
A little side note, just looked up a article about the JMU athletic budget. 80% of the budget is funded by student fees, the alumni donations only accounted for 2 million of what was between 33-37 million total operational athletic budget. Those sure do seem to be way out of wack for what NDSU does. According to those numbers the alumni only cover between 5-6%.. And to think, according to thedukesarehere, those students (because they are not DC members can't go to this football game.:rofl:

only thing worse than a freeloader is a freeloading on the backs of kids

Civil06
12-11-2016, 11:51 PM

We've had lots of students travel across the country for football games. It's something you can do when you're not paying $40k/year for an art history degree.

1st&TennBison
12-11-2016, 11:53 PM
not so fast remember two years ago and the discrimination lawsuit. I forget what team it was but the sold a bunch of tickets to now club members only to rescind them when they found out it was another team's fans.....they did not have a disclosure statement on their site. Anyway, the s=the school wound up refuting any loss that occurred becomes of the rescinded tickets plus attorney fees.
The JMU site in one of the areas talks about how all ticket sales will be honored for ALL fans after the priority DC members are taken care of. Here is the link, it is stated in the paragraph just below the graph that shows the games.
http://jmusports.com/sports/2014/6/18/Tkt_0618142407.aspx

MAKBison
12-11-2016, 11:55 PM
The JMU site in one of the areas talks about how all ticket sales will be honored for ALL fans after the priority DC members are taken care of. Here is the link, it is stated in the paragraph just below the graph that shows the games.
http://jmusports.com/sports/2014/6/18/Tkt_0618142407.aspx

yeah, so they can't go giving away tickets! Once the Duke Club members are done buying them, any extras will need to be sold on a first come basis. AKA the confirmation we received today needs to be honoured

If you wanna have some fun just make an accusation.

Green1
12-11-2016, 11:56 PM
We've had lots of students travel across the country for football games. It's something you can do when you're not paying $40k/year for an art history degree.

Don't forget alumni that aren't under crushing student loan debt.

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2016, 12:02 AM
Don't let thedukesarehere bullshit you. I don't think his ip matches anyone that would work at JMU. He has posted from his Verizon phone and then a network named ROAD-RUNNER-5. I would say he is a pretender.......LOL!

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Don't let thedukesarehere bullshit you. I don't think his ip matches anyone that would work at JMU. He has posted from his Verizon phone and then a network named ROAD-RUNNER-5. I would say he is a pretender.......LOL!

At what point did I ever claim to work at JMU?

tjbison
12-12-2016, 12:08 AM
I bought 10 tickets last year for friends thru Richmonds ticket system, picked them up at the dome it was awesome went tailgating

Bison_Pyro
12-12-2016, 12:15 AM
At what point did I ever claim to work at JMU?
Your first sentence said "JMU ticket office employee here:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison_Pyro
12-12-2016, 12:17 AM
I bought 10 tickets last year for friends thru Richmonds ticket system, picked them up at the dome it was awesome went tailgating
I did that thru Coastal a few years back, it was great.

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2016, 12:17 AM

That was DukesRoll

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 12:21 AM

Think you have the wrong guy my friend.

Bison_Pyro
12-12-2016, 12:36 AM
Think you have the wrong guy my friend.
My bad. Carry on.

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2016, 12:40 AM
I stand corrected.....it was Dukesroll and his ip is coming from a Verizon phone. I still call BS.....

Here is the post.....

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 12:42 AM
My bad. Carry on.

Its all good buddy. I just heard some of our ticket sales numbers so this whole idea of JMU having to buy leftover tickets is a moot point anyway. Sounds like the charter flight from Harrisonburg is a go as well (those tickets weren't part of the figure given earlier by DukesRoll) so we will see you guys in Fargo. I know a lot of you are expecting a blowout but I really do think this will be a competitive game. Let's all hope for a fast week so that we can get to Friday night!

Have a good week!

EC8CH
12-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Its all good buddy. I just heard some of our ticket sales numbers so this whole idea of JMU having to buy leftover tickets is a moot point anyway. Sounds like the charter flight from Harrisonburg is a go as well (those tickets were part of the figure given earlier by DukesRoll) so we will see you guys in Fargo. I know a lot of you are expecting a blowout but I really do think this will be a competitive game. Let's all home for a fast week so that we can get to Friday night!

Have a good week!

I doubt most are expecting a blowout. JMU has seen more respect here than JSU or SHSU.

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2016, 12:50 AM
Its all good buddy. I just heard some of our ticket sales numbers so this whole idea of JMU having to buy leftover tickets is a moot point anyway. Sounds like the charter flight from Harrisonburg is a go as well (those tickets were part of the figure given earlier by DukesRoll) so we will see you guys in Fargo. I know a lot of you are expecting a blowout but I really do think this will be a competitive game. Let's all home for a fast week so that we can get to Friday night!

Have a good week!

I think this is going to be a real tight game. JMU looks to have an outstanding team.

EC8CH
12-12-2016, 01:01 AM
I think this is going to be a real tight game. JMU looks to have an outstanding team.

Agreed. If anything YSU is the dark horse of the final four. NDSU and EWU have been top 2 all season and JMU had a great season in a good conference. Look to be a really solid team and have earned their spot in the semis.

tjbison
12-12-2016, 01:03 AM
Its all good buddy. I just heard some of our ticket sales numbers so this whole idea of JMU having to buy leftover tickets is a moot point anyway. Sounds like the charter flight from Harrisonburg is a go as well (those tickets weren't part of the figure given earlier by DukesRoll) so we will see you guys in Fargo. I know a lot of you are expecting a blowout but I really do think this will be a competitive game. Let's all hope for a fast week so that we can get to Friday night!

Have a good week!

I think it's JMU fans that think they will do to nDSU what you did to SHSU. Which you wont

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2016, 01:04 AM
500. lol

Let see how much noise they can make on defense.

89MTBISON
12-12-2016, 01:05 AM
We out-Iowa'd Iowa. Sorry for spelling. :)

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 01:07 AM
I think it's JMU fans that think they will do to nDSU what you did to SHSU. Which you wont

Any JMU fan that thinks we are going to roll you guys like we did Sam Houston is crazy. That team was overrated and the committee knew it which is why they got a 5 seed. We just proved the committee right.

Swaghook
12-12-2016, 01:15 AM
I expect a Georgia Southern, Wofford, SDSU(the close one) type game. But if the dogs wanna roll over and play dead for the Bison I'll take that. We are in the semi's and only the strong survive.

ZHerd
12-12-2016, 01:16 AM

Have a good week!
Not sure where you are seeing "a lot" of us predicting a blowout because Im not seeing anyone having predicted that.

EC8CH
12-12-2016, 02:13 AM
Funny how ordering tickets off a website is "hacking" :rofl:

gumby013
12-12-2016, 02:24 AM
Funny how ordering tickets off a website is "hacking" :rofl:

I found video of your hacking operation.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vYNnPx8fZBs

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 02:26 AM
I found video of your hacking operation.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vYNnPx8fZBs

I always imaged hacking was like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntWD6rpivqM

El_Chapo
12-12-2016, 03:30 AM
Don't Worry, I am having a JMU guy get me about 50. stay tuned.

El_Chapo
12-12-2016, 03:33 AM

Sorry but I put you into RED> you deserved it.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 04:28 AM

Yeah that was me. Sorry I been on the road all day. If you would like to talk to me in person feel free to PM me and I will give you my direct line at the office. I didn't know that just because I posted from my Verizon phone (good job tracing btw) that means I am a fraud. And just to save you the trouble I am currently in Lynchburg, VA on a network called Culo Rojo (translate it) at a friends.

To those that asked about the charter it leaves and returns Friday. That required another 100 tickets just to make that happen and our allotment is now sold out with Duke Club members. And yes if you want to join the Duke Club we would love the money but you wouldn't have enough priority points to get tickets either way. I have been donating for 8 years since I was a freshman and I still don't have enough points to qualify for this game. I had to buy online.

To the Athletic budget: VA law is stupid PERIOD. To elaborate it requires any expense remotely related to athletics to be categorized as an athletic expense in the budget. This inflates our budget by including all expenses for cheerleading, debt service (that's one of the largest line items due to nearly 100 million in the last decade spent on athletic facilities) and yes the band as well.

To the band: As of right now i have been told from a friend that the band is not traveling. It is over 450 people and would require 2 planes of it's own to bring the whole band. I personally would love to see at least our pep band to come just for fun but they don't provide any mythical powers for the team.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 04:33 AM
Yeah that was me. Sorry I been on the road all day. If you would like to talk to me in person feel free to PM me and I will give you my direct line at the office. I didn't know that just because I posted from my Verizon phone (good job tracing btw) that means I am a fraud. And just to save you the trouble I am currently in Lynchburg, VA on a network called Culo Rojo (translate it) at a friends.

To those that asked about the charter it leaves and returns Friday. That required another 100 tickets just to make that happen and our allotment is now sold out with Duke Club members. And yes if you want to join the Duke Club we would love the money but you wouldn't have enough priority points to get tickets either way. I have been donating for 8 years since I was a freshman and I still don't have enough points to qualify for this game. I had to buy online.

To the Athletic budget: VA law is stupid PERIOD. To elaborate it requires any expense remotely related to athletics to be categorized as an athletic expense in the budget. This inflates our budget by including all expenses for cheerleading, debt service (that's one of the largest line items due to nearly 100 million in the last decade spent on athletic facilities) and yes the band as well.

To the band: As of right now i have been told from a friend that the band is not traveling. It is over 450 people and would require 2 planes of it's own to bring the whole band. I personally would love to see at least our pep band to come just for fun but they don't provide any mythical powers for the team.

So your AD is traveling with you?

Bison bison
12-12-2016, 04:44 AM
then why not make that clear from the start?

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 04:54 AM
So your AD is traveling with you?

I am sure our AD will be traveling with the team charter. I am a lowly peasent in the rank structure of the JMU Duke Club and am forced to schlep myself commercial air Friday morning out of DC.

The numbers keep trying to grow. I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to sell 1k to this game if you would give it to us. But I doubt there's any chance in h**l your office give us any extras minus the band that you'd have to seat if they were coming. IDK what charters cost but I'd bet it would be 75k+ to bring them.

EC8CH
12-12-2016, 05:18 AM
they don't provide any mythical powers for the team.

Not as good as JSU's band then.

unbison
12-12-2016, 10:42 AM

Ummm instate tutuition is 10k at James Madison it's a public university

BisonHorns
12-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Our entire season sells out in minutes. We are not with holding tickets from you just because. P.s. it is too cold here for your fans. Watch the national news today. What you think is tough where you are from is different than these parts. Our ND elementary kids will walk to school today and the temp will be -18. You are probably running to your car because it is almost freezing outside.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Our entire season sells out in minutes. We are not with holding tickets from you just because. P.s. it is too cold here for your fans. Watch the national news today. What you think is tough where you are from is different than these parts. Our ND elementary kids will walk to school today and the temp will be -18. You are probably running to your car because it is almost freezing outside.

TBH I didn't/don't have a problem with what you guys were doing. If an opponent is dumb enough to allow it that is their own fault. However our AD knows how big this season has been for us, it's really our first big push in the postseason since 2008 and he wasn't about to allow any NDSU fans to get their hands on our share of tickets. I am sure he will be calling today if he hasn't already asking for a larger block but of course that will be denied since the game is sold out. But that's also why I would love to see us bring the full band regardless of cost. You guys would have to provide seating for them giving us another 450 VERY VERY VERY rabid fans that would at least make a good amount of noise while you guys are on offense. Maybe it will rattle you a bit or maybe not but the more JMU supporters we can get the better.

As far as the weather I am very familiar with subzero temps. I spent 5 years at Ft. Drum with average winter high in the single digits or low teens. After about zero it doesn't seem to feel colder to me.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Wayyyyy better than JSU's band we just aren't delusional to believe the band can make the team win. Sure crowd noise can HELP a team win by rattling the opponent but in the end the team still needs to perform.

Vet70
12-12-2016, 12:06 PM
TBH I didn't/don't have a problem with what you guys were doing. If an opponent is dumb enough to
allow it that is their own fault. However our AD knows how big this season has been for us, it's really our first big push in the postseason since 2008 and he wasn't about to allow any NDSU fans to get their hands on our share of tickets. I am sure he will be calling today if he hasn't already asking for a larger block but of course that will be denied since the game is sold out. But that's also why I would love to see us bring the full band regardless of cost. You guys would have to provide seating for them giving us another 450 VERY VERY VERY rabid fans that would at least make a good amount of noise while you guys are on offense. Maybe it will rattle you a bit or maybe not but the more JMU supporters we can get the better.

As far as the weather I am very familiar with subzero temps. I spent 5 years at Ft. Drum with average winter high in the single digits or low teens. After about zero it doesn't seem to feel colder to me.

Maybe I just don't understand how this works. If you bring your 450 member band that we have to accommodate and there are no seats left, where do we put them, in the aisles, rafters, or tunnels?

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Maybe I just don't understand how this works. If you bring your 450 member band that we have to accommodate and there are no seats left, where do we put them, in the aisles ,rafters, or tunnels?

I will guess they have to declare they will bring them prior to the onsale on Wednesday and they would get those tickets.

Mr Meaty
12-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Maybe I just don't understand how this works. If you bring your 450 member band that we have to accommodate and there are no seats left, where do we put them, in the aisles ,rafters, or tunnels?

Put them in the air museum and they can walk over at halftime to perform

Vet70
12-12-2016, 12:12 PM
I will guess they have to declare they will bring them prior to the onsale on Wednesday and they would get those tickets.

What would be left over except the unclaimed season tickets?

EC8CH
12-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Wayyyyy better than JSU's band we just aren't delusional to believe the band can make the team win. Sure crowd noise can HELP a team win by rattling the opponent but in the end the team still needs to perform.

Were you in the band?

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2016, 12:18 PM
What would be left over except the unclaimed season tickets?

The deadline for claiming season tickets is Thursday so it must be the regular single seat allotment that gets sold on a game by game basis.

I never try for those so someone else might have a better idea.

BisonHorns
12-12-2016, 12:19 PM
TBH I didn't/don't have a problem with what you guys were doing. If an opponent is dumb enough to allow it that is their own fault. However our AD knows how big this season has been for us, it's really our first big push in the postseason since 2008 and he wasn't about to allow any NDSU fans to get their hands on our share of tickets. I am sure he will be calling today if he hasn't already asking for a larger block but of course that will be denied since the game is sold out. But that's also why I would love to see us bring the full band regardless of cost. You guys would have to provide seating for them giving us another 450 VERY VERY VERY rabid fans that would at least make a good amount of noise while you guys are on offense. Maybe it will rattle you a bit or maybe not but the more JMU supporters we can get the better.

Single digits and teens.... exactly what I said. Cupcakes! Your team couldn't last recess with our first graders.
Friday -10 before windchill and Bison will be tailgating. You are welcome to join us and enjoy treats and drinks. We can also test your theory of not telling difference below zero. Here is our weekly coach show if you are interested.
https://youtu.be/cMLVCoV8Qlw

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Maybe I just don't understand how this works. If you bring your 450 member band that we have to accommodate and there are no seats left, where do we put them, in the aisles, rafters, or tunnels?

Jsu tried this last year. The band had seats. They came out of their allotment. Fans stayed home.
Perhaps find and post that rule. I believe it says peliminary rounds. What is a peliminary round?

EC8CH
12-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Last time an opposing team brought their band to a playoff game was Sam Houston. They sat in the seats from the visitors allotment in the corner. They joined in doing the wave after the Bison had the game in hand.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Jsu tried this last year. The band had seats. They came out of their allotment. Fans stayed home.
Perhaps find and post that rule. I believe it says peliminary rounds. What is a peliminary round?

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016DIMFB_PreChampManual_20161011.pdf

Page 14 under tickets. I would counter (sure JMU would too if they wanted the band) that a preliminary round is anything out of the championship as there are no more rounds after that. But you (and of course NDSU) will argue preliminary is the 1st round and maybe the 2nd. That is a point of ambiguity that the NCAA would have to rule on. It would be hard to take tickets away from your fans that have paid for them and give them to us if the NCAA ruled so I am not sure how that would go or what is considered preliminary.

EC8CH
12-12-2016, 12:46 PM
So you're arguing that the semifinals are a preliminary round?

First round of unseeded teams, that's preliminary.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 12:57 PM

Cut them some slack, playing this late in December is a new thing to them.

Vet70
12-12-2016, 01:02 PM
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016DIMFB_PreChampManual_20161011.pdf

Page 14 under tickets. I would counter (sure JMU would too if they wanted the band) that a preliminary round is anything out of the championship as there are no more rounds after that. But you (and of course NDSU) will argue preliminary is the 1st round and maybe the 2nd. That is a point of ambiguity that the NCAA would have to rule on. It would be hard to take tickets away from your fans that have paid for them and give them to us if the NCAA ruled so I am not sure how that would go or what is considered preliminary.

Let me give you a hint.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/5V_Utg-xFes/maxresdefault.jpg

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Let me give you a hint.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/5V_Utg-xFes/maxresdefault.jpg

:rofl::rofl: my point exactly. I am not sure how we could force it but I'd love for us to try.

As far as the argument that this would be a preliminary round this is the definition of preliminary: "denoting an action or event preceding or done in preparation for something fuller or more important." The semifinals are an even preceding something fuller or more important just like every round before them. The only round that isn't done in preparation for something more is the championship obviously.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 01:49 PM
So did someone shoot him a PM and call him personally at the JMU ticket office yet?

BYZEN
12-12-2016, 01:54 PM
:rofl::rofl: my point exactly. I am not sure how we could force it but I'd love for us to try.

As far as the argument that this would be a preliminary round this is the definition of preliminary: "denoting an action or event preceding or done in preparation for something fuller or more important." The semifinals are an even preceding something fuller or more important just like every round before them. The only round that isn't done in preparation for something more is the championship obviously.

This isn't our first rodeo young'un, try to keep up. We have an enclosed stadium that is sold out to season ticket holders but for our student section, some upper end zone seats sold to our booster members who DON'T have season tickets, various seats used for recruiting ect. Lastly we have 500 seats in section 23 for visiting fans and their bands. Since this is all that is available during the regular season and all other seats are considered to be premium seats of high demand (when the single game tickets go on sale to the public they sell out the entire season within minutes) all we are required to provide you with is the allotment of 500. You wouldn't be the first school that thought that they could bring their bands
:rofl:

BisonFan02
12-12-2016, 01:57 PM

This is the same JMU that didn't know how to bid a playoff game right?

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 02:01 PM
This isn't our first rodeo young'un, try to keep up. We have an enclosed stadium that is sold out to season ticket holders but for our student section, some upper end zone seats sold to our booster members who DON'T have season tickets, various seats used for recruiting ect. Lastly we have 500 seats in section 23 for visiting fans and their bands. Since this is all that is available during the regular season and all other seats are considered to be premium seats of high demand (when the single game tickets go on sale to the public they sell out the entire season within minutes) all we are required to provide you with is the allotment of 500. You wouldn't be the first school that thought that they could bring their bands
:rofl:

Oh no I am well aware of that. I am actually envious of that fact and I am not afraid to admit it. I wish we could fill 19k of our 25k stadium every single game but it doesn't happen like that. Our reported attendance is top 3 in FCS at over 21k but the butt in seats average would be 14-15k.

I guarantee that will NEVER happen again. We have a group of boosters that watch over nothing but the football team kicking in money for whatever is needed and they will not allow that to happen again even if our administration s**ts the bed and doesn't want to bid.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 02:15 PM

Then you should understand that your charter plan probably will not make it to or if it does will be stuck here friday night.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 02:19 PM
Then you should understand that your charter plan probably will not make it to or if it does will be stuck here friday night.

That was the schedule that the Duke Club made, that was about 5 steps above my head. I also know that you know how to handle snow and ensure life goes on. Down here 6 inches shuts everything down for the most part. But I am flying commercial and will be spending the weekend in Minneapolis with friends so I am not too worried unless I get snowed into Fargo Friday night but then I'll just leave Saturday some time.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 02:26 PM
That was the schedule that the Duke Club made, that was about 5 steps above my head. I also know that you know how to handle snow and ensure life goes on. Down here 6 inches shuts everything down for the most part. But I am flying commercial and will be spending the weekend in Minneapolis with friends so I am not too worried unless I get snowed into Fargo Friday night but then I'll just leave Saturday some time.

More to do with blowing snow, ice and wind. You deal with it by waiting it out.

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 02:29 PM

The bidding issue in 2011 was a total botch, can't argue with you there. However, it is safe to say that a lesson was learned and that it will never happen again.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 02:30 PM
More to do with blowing snow, ice and wind. You deal with it by waiting it out.

Well obviously blowing snow. Ice isn't too big of a problem if the runway is heated (most are) and the plane gets deiced. Wind is the only factor there really isn't a cure for IDK about Fargo and wind but if I had to guess given the topography you get some wicked winds at times.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Well obviously blowing snow. Ice isn't too big of a problem if the runway is heated (most are) and the plane gets deiced. Wind is the only factor there really isn't a cure for IDK about Fargo and wind but if I had to guess given the topography you get some wicked winds at times.

Yeah and they ground all the travel......heated runway....lol

What you don't know is every year during that time and temperature they always seem to run out of the deicing chemical. Think i am pulling your leg look up last year's championship game when people here were. trying to get out of here to go to Texas

-10 to -20 Friday and Saturday

FYI sometimes they shut down I-94 due to just the cold weather because of the safety concern if you were to get stranded out in it.

For Your folks that are coming....make sure you implore them to please plan ahead and for such contingencies

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2016, 02:34 PM

:rofl: No. Ice on planes is NEVER a problem on planes in Fargo

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 02:40 PM

Actually I just found the definition of preliminary

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016DIMFB_PreChampManual_20161011.pdf (page 1)

"Preliminary Rounds. The rounds of the championship before the final or championship round." So yes all rounds up to Frisco are preliminary, so if we requested 450 tickets for our band NDSU would be required to provide them regardless of ticket sales.

EDIT: Thanks to our board for catching that cause I certainly missed it.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 02:41 PM
:rofl: No. Ice on planes is NEVER a problem on planes in Fargo

Does it really get that bad? I've seen flights at Drum take off in the middle of a 1/2" ice storm with no issues. Now those are military flights so that is a little different I understand but it is not impossible.

gumby013
12-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Does it really get that bad? I've seen flights at Drum take off in the middle of a 1/2" ice storm with no issues. Now those are military flights so that is a little different I understand but it is not impossible.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3919166-hector-passengers-scramble-after-de-icer-shortage-forces-cancellations

It's a problem...compounded by operational issues.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 02:45 PM

If your plane doesn't get deiced it's not going to be allowed to take off.... bottom line. When Storms come in and out a lot of planes gets stuck in Minneapolis. When you're driving between Fargo and Minneapolis your biggest issue is blowing snow.

Because of how the road goes it doesn't matter which way the storm is coming from there's always one stretch of highway that no matter what puts you right in the face of the storm and makes it so you can't see shit.

Minneapolis Airport to Fargo is about 4 hours in crappy weather I can take up to 5 to 6 hours. Just don't use your cruise control drive, slow and you can make it. If you're not an experienced driving in the snow or feel you have the skill level to do it... don't

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2016, 02:51 PM

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016DIMFB_PreChampManual_20161011.pdf (page 1)

"Preliminary Rounds. The rounds of the championship before the final or championship round." So yes all rounds up to Frisco are preliminary, so if we requested 450 tickets for our band NDSU would be required to provide them regardless of ticket sales.
It sure does say that. It says they are in addition to your 500. What it doesnt say is where those seats are or what the accommodations are. There are limits as to who can be on the field also. our dance team and yell leaders may not be on the field. Limit on number of cheerleaders also

Vet70
12-12-2016, 02:56 PM

If by "regardless of ticket sales" you mean taking away tickets that are already sold that is not going to happen. See previous photo illustration.

El_Chapo
12-12-2016, 02:59 PM
So did someone shoot him a PM and call him personally at the JMU ticket office yet?

He wouldnt respond to me!!

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2016, 02:59 PM
As I said, they would have to request those tickets prior to the single ticket onsale. Furthermore those seats would likely all still be in the corner with the rest of them.

At 500-700 cost for each member a 450 member band would have to pay at least $225k up to $400k to go so we're probably arguing over nothing.

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2016, 03:02 PM
JSU=JMU.
One time at band camp...

I hope all that visit have safe travels and a good time. Our tailgate welcomes their fans and hope they stop by.
It will be a good game and the dome will be loud and fun.

Vet70
12-12-2016, 03:03 PM
As I said, they would have to request those tickets prior to the single ticket onsale. Furthermore those seats would likely all still be in the corner with the rest of them.

At 500-700 cost for each member a 450 member band would have to pay at least $225k up to $400k to go so we're probably arguing over nothing.

Since when has this ever mattered? :biggrin:

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:04 PM
JSU=JMU.
One time at band camp...

I hope all that visit have safe travels and a good time. Our tailgate welcomes their fans and hope they stop by.
It will be a good game and the dome will be loud and fun.

The key thing is stay safe stay alive -10 - -20 degree weather is nothing to play around with... don't push it just to get to the game.

gumby013
12-12-2016, 03:04 PM

It's 95% of the content on this board.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 03:05 PM

You don't have to worry we aren't bringing the band at all. If that changes it will be the pep band which is at most 40 people. In the Fargodome that won't make a diference in noise at all so really I'd rather not take anything if we can't take the whole band.

But enough about the band. This is a football game and not band camp! I love our band as much as the next Duke but I want to watch football.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:06 PM

Exactly we all know this isn't happening.

Pre game banter to pass the time

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Exactly we all know this isn't happening.

Pre game banter to pass the time

I know. We need a good old fashioned video controversy to get us through the next 4 days.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:09 PM
You don't have to worry we aren't bringing the band at all. If that changes it will be the pep band which is at most 40 people. In the Fargodome that won't make a diference in noise at all so really I'd rather not take anything if we can't take the whole band.

But enough about the band. This is a football game and not band camp! I love our band as much as the next Duke but I want to watch football.

No offense but please don't bring your regular band or your prep as no one here cares to hear either of them. No one hear will be mpressed byul them and no one here gives a s*** about them. .... not being rude that's just reality . Its Not going to matter as far as noise goes. It's not going to change the atmosphere.
1000 people is easily drowned out by 18 to 19 thousand people.

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 03:14 PM
No offense but please don't bring your regular band or your prep and no one here cares to hear teither og them. No one hear will be mpressed bu them and no one here gives a s*** about them. .... not being rude that's just reality . Its Not going to matter for noise it's not going to change the atmosphere. IT might give 40 more dukes a chance to go to the game.... that's about it. if that's the case so just ask for 40 more tickets

No offense, but I am not impressed with your grasp of writing. Does NDSU not have a band? I am not a big band guy by any means and cannot play a single instrument, but bands are part of college football. I can't think of a major college football program that doesn't have a band.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:15 PM
I know. We need a good old fashioned video controversy to get us through the next 4 days.

Nothing wrong with that carry on

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Well you didn't allow me to fix the post I can't help the talk in speak on my phone sucks

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 03:16 PM
No offense but please don't bring your regular band or your prep as no one here cares to hear either of them. No one hear will be mpressed byul them and no one here gives a s*** about them. .... not being rude that's just reality . Its Not going to matter as far as noise goes. It's not going to change the atmosphere.
1000 people is easily drowned out by 18 to 19 thousand people.

Its true, and I don't think you're trying to be rude or anything like that. Marching bands and what not are bid down south but not so much in the FCS is seems. Even while JSU's band was good at the halftime show at the Championship game, it was still...boring.

I wish we'd get those Frisbee dogs for a halftime show like they had at the basketball game a while ago.

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2016, 03:17 PM
No offense, but I am not impressed with your grasp of writing. Does NDSU not have a band? I am not a big band guy by any means and cannot play a single instrument, but bands are part of college football. I can't think of a major college football program that doesn't have a band.

do you consider JMU a major college football program?

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:17 PM

You mad bro.

The band is good for one song and one song only...
In Heaven There Is No Beer.

I would much rather have the dome's pa system playing than the band.

I'm cool with them doing the intro, I'm cool with them doing the halftime show, and I'm cool with them for playing after the game. However between plays I'd rather hear the PA

Bison bison
12-12-2016, 03:19 PM

Don't waste seats at a football game for a band that no one gives a f#ck about.

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 03:20 PM
do you consider JMU a major college football program?

No, not at all. I'm just saying that just about all reputable programs have a band playing on game days.

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 03:21 PM
You mad bro.

The band is good for one song and one song only...
In Heaven There Is No Beer.

I would much rather have the PA

Not at all, but this seems to have touched a nerve for you. I was just making an observation and asking a question.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:23 PM
that's not typical board Behavior. It seems like one only ridicules someone else's writing ability when theu have nothing left to say or need a quick personal insult. Which is why I asked.... are you mad the Band is not coming bro?

Or was it the reality that even if they do come it doesn't change anything!

Here's the deal......if you want the right to host the game get a higher seed.
Then you can do whatever you want with your band

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2016, 03:24 PM
No, not at all. I'm just saying that just about all reputable programs have a band playing on game days.

do you consider JMU to be a reputable program?

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 03:28 PM
do you consider JMU to be a reputable program?

Most definitely, and I also consider NDSU a top program. That is why I am trying to understand all the hatred and jokes about bands.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 03:28 PM

Sorry for the Dukes on Dukes crime but I have to side with NDSU on this one. They are absolutely a reputable program. Bands are just a bigger thing in the south than up north.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Sorry for the Dukes on Dukes crime but I have to side with NDSU on this one. They are absolutely a reputable program. Bands are just a bigger thing in the south than up north.

The prerequisite is if you have a band.

Here I've been looking at championships

Vet70
12-12-2016, 03:31 PM

Well, he did say "just about all."

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Most definitely, and I also consider NDSU a top program. That is why I am trying to understand all the hatred and jokes about bands.

Go back and look at the Jacksonville State thread from last year...... for three weeks we heard nothing about the football but everything about how great their band was

every year its the same s*** . a new team with the same old bs***. We're going to bring our fans and take up all your tickets, you have never seen a team like ours before, we're hard core our running backs are the best, our linebackers are the best, we've got Southern speed. Our coach really knows how to coach...

Hey, we get it you are a fan and that is great, its awesome... But why you come on our board to tell us how great you all are defies all common sense

Twincitybizon
12-12-2016, 03:35 PM

Just a returning joke from last year. Jacksonville State had a very good band and the one guy who posted all of the time was in said band there and constantly pimped it. Plus we thought it was funny that they'd bring their huge band when it cut into their total allotment for the championship game. Just a bit of an inside joke you're not in on. No big deal buddy

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 03:35 PM
that's not typical board Behavior. It seems like one only ridicules someone else's writing ability when theu have nothing left to say or need a quick personal insult. Which is why I asked.... are you mad the Band is not coming bro?

Or was it the reality that even if they do come it doesn't change anything!

Here's the deal......if you want the right to host the game get a higher seed.
Then you can do whatever you want with your band

I totally agree that the band won't change the outcome of the game in any way, but I do think they make for a better atmosphere. I am confident that we will walk out of the FargoDome with a W on Friday night either way. But the #1 seed has nothing to do with it. Per the NCAA rules, if we chose to bring all 450 band members, NDSU has to make room for them. That's a fact. Let's bury the hatchet here my friend and focus on the game at hand. Sound ok?

Bison_Pyro
12-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Go back and look at the Jacksonville State thread from last year...... for three weeks we heard nothing about the football but everything about how great their band was

every year its the same s*** . a new team with the same old bs***. We're going to bring our fans and take up all your tickets, you have never seen a team like ours before, we're hard core our running backs are the best, our linebackers are the best, we've got Southern speed. Our coach really knows how to coach...

Hey we get it you're fan great that's awesome... But why you come on our board to tell us how great you all are defies all common sense

you hear all that, I hear this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

BYZEN
12-12-2016, 03:37 PM
The prerequisite is if you have a band.

Here I've been looking at championships

Add, our band sux to the list of day after excuses....:facepalm2:

Bison Loaf
12-12-2016, 03:38 PM
I totally agree that the band won't change the outcome of the game in any way, but I do think they make for a better atmosphere. I am confident that we will walk out of the FargoDome with a W on Friday night either way. But the #1 seed has nothing to do with it. Per the NCAA rules, if we chose to bring all 450 band members, NDSU has to make room for them. That's a fact. Let's bury the hatchet here my friend and focus on the game at hand. Sound ok?

I think that you'll find our atmosphere is not lacking at all for anything.

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 03:39 PM

Hey we get it you're fan great that's awesome... But why you come on our board to tell us how great you all are defies all common sense

I'm sure you guys have heard it all before, and you have showed that you are the best by winning the last five championships. I won't say any of that type of stuff because its all BS. Do I think we have the talent to win the game? I definitely do and I have a feeling that we will. But does that mean anything? Clearly not.

What exactly is Southern Speed? I have lived in the South my entire life and that is a new one to me!

Vet70
12-12-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm sure you guys have heard it all before, and you have showed that you are the best by winning the last five championships. I won't say any of that type of stuff because its all BS. Do I think we have the talent to win the game? I definitely do and I have a feeling that we will. But does that mean anything? Clearly not.

What exactly is Southern Speed? I have lived in the South my entire life and that is a new one to me!

We have been told by just about every Southern team we will lose because of their surperior speed compared to Northern teams.

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:44 PM

There's no Hatchet to bury I'm just telling you no one wants to hear your freaky band.

By the way if the roles were reversed and since you did ask NDSU does have a band and guess what we do... it's a fabulous band. Please know this and understand it for what it is....ndsu would bring all 500 members to JMU, we would fill your stadium and we would change the atmosphere.
You bet your ass NDSU would fund it.

Now here's a little Tip since I know a few of you have said you actually work for the University... Go ask your boss's boss if they think it's a good idea that you're on this site talking s***

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 03:49 PM
There's no Hatchet to bury I'm just telling you no one wants to hear your freaky band.

By the way if the roles were reversed and since you did ask NDSU does have a band and guess what we would bring all 500 members to JMU, we would fill your stadium and we would change the atmosphere.

Well you can't really say nobody would want to hear the band. I can guarantee that there will be at least 500 people there who would enjoy it. I can also promise you that you guys wouldn't take our stadium over. You would definitely have some numbers there but would be drowned out by our crowd (and our band)!

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Well you can't really say nobody would want to hear the band. I can guarantee that there will be at least 500 people there who would enjoy it. I can also promise you that you guys wouldn't take our stadium over. You would definitely have some numbers there but would be drowned out by our crowd (and our band)!

Hey, bisonville ever heard that one before.

Finally back to my PC....If you get a chance check out the video....There is something besides NDSU winning the game that all of these stadiums have in common with each other. Ill give you a clue at has something to so with the fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQvOOq8PZm0

GreenfieldBison
12-12-2016, 03:59 PM
Hey bisonville ever heard that one before

Sounds. Vaguely. Familiar. Let me see...

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 04:06 PM

By the way if the roles were reversed and since you did ask NDSU does have a band and guess what we do... it's a fabulous band. Please know this and understand it for what it is....ndsu would bring all 500 members to JMU, we would fill your stadium and we would change the atmosphere.

Now here's a little Tip since I know a few of you have said you actually work for the University... Go ask your boss's boss if they think it's a good idea that you're on this site talking s***

Hey I have yet to talk a single bit of s**t. I have been very respectful and open. Have I spoke out of turn? Possible but if I have I will be reprimanded, in the end I doubt anything I have said on here would be grounds for discipline. If you are referring to using company resources for personal use I am off today as I called in sick.

BYZEN
12-12-2016, 04:07 PM

It sure does say that. It says they are in addition to your 500. What it doesnt say is where those seats are or what the accommodations are. There are limits as to who can be on the field also. our dance team and yell leaders may not be on the field. Limit on number of cheerleaders also

There is also a place where they spell out what I said earlier, season/premium ticket holders will not be displaced.
Yes, there have been new rules added because of our FARGODOME.
This said, I wish you did bring your band. If they can March through our tailgate lots playing songs at -10°F like ours will than they can come inside to warm up....standing room only tickets go on sale later this week....

GreenfieldBison
12-12-2016, 04:07 PM

You know I was really happy on Saturday to see what I felt was that same team that played in Iowa City way back in September take the field again. Since it had been so long between appearances it has made me wonder if this particular version of the Football Bison needs just a little extra motivation to give > 100%. In that vein and with the expectation that there are current members of our program who may lurk here I offer this for the bulletin board:

2016 Bison Football - JMU thinks you are soft and weak and you play like their grandmothers. Your athletic department has purchased the services of every officiating crew in the land and the only reason that you have five NC trophies in your case is that the NCAA wanted them to be located as near as possible to the geographic center of North America that is not a hockey school. You will be out-coached, out-muscled and caught flatfooted as the speedy Ducks run rampant up and down your field. Your reign is over!

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Hey I have yet to talk a single bit of s**t. I have been very respectful and open. Have I spoke out of turn? Possible but if I have I will be reprimanded, in the end I doubt anything I have said on here would be grounds for discipline. If you are referring to using company resources for personal use I am off today as I called in sick.

Well, like I had asked you previously yesterday; is it ok for you being online speaking on the JMU athletic department's behalf?

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Sounds. Vaguely. Familiar. Let me see...

You have peaked my interest? How exactly would your fans take our stadium over? Do you really think you could anywhere close to as many NDSU fans than JMU fans in the seats at Bridgeforth? As you probably know, JMU was ESPN's first choice for the Kickoff Classic this year but you got stuck with Charleston Southern because NDSU wouldn't agree to a return game at Bridgeforth.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Well, like I had asked you previously yesterday; is it ok for you being online speaking on the JMU athletic department's behalf?

...... "Have I spoke out of turn? Possible but if I have I will be reprimanded, in the end I doubt anything I have said on here would be grounds for discipline."

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 04:13 PM
You have peaked my interest? How exactly would your fans take our stadium over? Do you really think you could anywhere close to as many NDSU fans than JMU fans in the seats at Bridgeforth? As you probably know, JMU was ESPN's first choice for the Kickoff Classic this year but you got stuck with Charleston Southern because NDSU wouldn't agree to a return game at Bridgeforth.

Can someone please confirm or deny this without any fan biases involved? I have heard this over and over again and I would love to know. NDSU vs. JMU home and home can only be a good thing for both schools and FCS football in general. Two of the top teams from two of the top conferences what isn't there to love?

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 04:17 PM
...... "Have I spoke out of turn? Possible but if I have I will be reprimanded, in the end I doubt anything I have said on here would be grounds for discipline."

I am not saying that you are coming on here and saying anything terrible or so horrible as to get your fired immediately, all im saying is im sure JMU, like any 'business', have people whose job is to speak on their behalf and to the media. I really doubt they would appreciate you coming on here and telling us what will happen with tickets bought and what 'will happen'.

Then again, if JMU athletic department doesn't care about that...then that says a lot about their department.

DukesRoll
12-12-2016, 04:26 PM
I am not saying that you are coming on here and saying anything terrible or so horrible as to get your fired immediately, all im saying is im sure JMU, like any 'business', have people whose job is to speak on their behalf and to the media. I really doubt they would appreciate you coming on here and telling us what will happen with tickets bought and what 'will happen'.

Then again, if JMU athletic department doesn't care about that...then that says a lot about their department.

You are correct I shouldn't have spoken in such definite terms. But again is that the end of the world no if I am disicplined or suspended for a day or two so be it I said what I said and I have to take responsibility. Either way let's have fun on these boards talk some football and yes maybe a little smack, as I think the ticket issue is dead now. Then point me in the direction of the nearest rowdiest place to tailgate/party come Friday if you guys would be so kind.

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Social media is a slippery slope.
If you truely worked for the university, this would be the last place you would be.
When you work for an institution you become their representive. You are never "off duty"
And yes, I speak from experience.
That said- if this is allowed by JMU then they are foolish

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 04:31 PM
You are correct I shouldn't have spoken in such definite terms. But again is that the end of the world no if I am disicplined or suspended for a day or two so be it I said what I said and I have to take responsibility. Either way let's have fun on these boards talk some football and yes maybe a little smack, as I think the ticket issue is dead now. Then point me in the direction of the nearest rowdiest place to tailgate/party come Friday if you guys would be so kind.

I think you were doing any NDSU fan that bought tickets on our site a favor by letting them know that their requests wouldn't be filled because we would fill our allotment. Better to know that on Sunday than Wednesday so that they could make other arrangements. But as you said, the ticket issue is dead so let's move on to football.

I am still curious to hear the NDSU point of view about refusing to come to Bridgeforth for a return game.

BisonAlumni
12-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Athletic Tickets <athletic-ticket@jmu.edu>
10:31 AM (1 hour ago)
to Athletic

Thank you for your recent ticket order to support the Dukes on the road at North Dakota State this Friday.
Due to high ticket demand, we will only be able to fulfill orders from current Duke Club members (minimum $50). You may make a gift online at JMUTickets.com or by calling 540-568-3853. Please note Duke Club donations are non-refundable. The Priority Deadline is Tuesday, December 13 at 5 p.m. ET. Ticket orders will be filled in order of Duke Club Priority points. You will be notified Tuesday evening if your order was fulfilled. If we are unable to fulfill your order, you will receive a full refund of your ticket purchase.

GO DUKES!

Just got this email. While not unexpected based on the current conversation, that fact that you let me buy tickets and then pull them back like this is not good way to handle them. If you don't have tickets to sell, DON'T TAKE PEOPLE'S MONEY FOR TICKETS.

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Just got this email. While not unexpected based on the current conversation, that fact that you let me buy tickets and then pull them back like this is not good way to handle them. If you don't have tickets to sell, DON'T TAKE PEOPLE'S MONEY FOR TICKETS.

You never bought a ticket my friend, you simply placed an order for one. Your card will be refunded so there is no loss here on your end. The disclaimer below is clearly stated on the JMU ticket website. Sorry for any confusion, but this is what I was trying to warn you guys about.

"Duke Club members, login to order tickets in the JMU Seating block for the NCAA FCS SemiFinal Playoff Game.

Ticket orders are not guaranteed and will be assigned in Duke Club priority order following the Priority Deadline and subject to availability."

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 05:11 PM

The way I read that is if you make a $50 donation, they will give you one of 'their' tickets.

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 05:15 PM
The way I read that is if you make a $50 donation, they will give you one of 'their' tickets.

You would need a lot more Duke Club points than what a $50 donation would get you in order to secure tickets for this game. But yes, a $50 donation does make you a Duke Club member and gets you the minimum points.

EC8CH
12-12-2016, 05:17 PM

Why do you think we started this whole ticket controversy?

Can't expect the NCAA to provide the the weeks worth of entertainment every time.

Vet70
12-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Why do you think we started this whole ticket controversy?

Can't expect the NCAA to provide the the weeks worth of entertainment every time.

There is still time.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 05:24 PM
You would need a lot more Duke Club points than what a $50 donation would get you in order to secure tickets for this game. But yes, a $50 donation does make you a Duke Club member and gets you the minimum points.

By telling us $50 wont give you priority over those JMU donators that are going to the game and willing to buy tickets; you guys better fill that section up then....also, we'll see how many ticket come back tomorrow for us to buy :)

Bison bison
12-12-2016, 05:26 PM
This.

You're basically paying $50 for the right of first refusal ahead of all NDSU fans.

EC8CH
12-12-2016, 05:32 PM
By telling us $50 wont give you priority over those JMU donators that are going to the game and willing to buy tickets; you guys better fill that section up then....also, we'll see how many ticket come back tomorrow for us to buy :)

Yep, pretty high bar set here. Visitor section better be packed.

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 05:36 PM

Like I told you yesterday, no tickets will be coming back to you guys tomorrow. I told you how this would play out and promise you that I know what I am talking about. Not trying to pull any tricks here guys.

ByeSonBusiness
12-12-2016, 05:39 PM

Ndsu's band and fabulous don't belong in the same sentence. Only band I can recall seeing worse is UND's.

BisonAccountant44
12-12-2016, 05:43 PM

Had to double check to make sure you weren't the same one that thinks anyone selling tickets over face value is exploiting others. Either way, this should be in the preposterous statement thread along with that one.

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Like I told you yesterday, no tickets will be coming back to you guys tomorrow. I told you how this would play out and promise you that I know what I am talking about. Not trying to pull any tricks here guys.

Oh well, you guys don't have to send the tickets back. All this means now is that the Standing Room Only folks will have a section to sit in.

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Everybody who really wants to get into the building will. That's never a problem. If you think that there's some desperate need to poach the visiting team's allotment, you're delusional.

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Oh well, you guys don't have to send the tickets back. All this means now is that the Standing Room Only folks will have a section to sit in.

Are they going to sit in the lap of a JMU fan? If not, they are SOL because our full allotment has been sold. From what I am hearing, the demand far exceeded the supply so there will be plenty of JMU donors who wanted tickets but couldn't get them. We are in the top 2 or 3 every year in attendence, so do you really think it would be that difficult to get 500 people to make the trip to Fargo? Our biggest alumni base is in the DC area so access to major airports makes travel easy. Toss in the charter plane leaving from Harrisonburg Friday morning, and we easily hit our number.

Hammerhead
12-12-2016, 06:23 PM
I doubt there are 500 open seats on flights to Fargo on Thurs. and Fri. so I hope you are prepared to fly to MSP and then drive 240 miles in the snow to get to the game. :)

Are they going to sit in the lap of a JMU fan? If not, they are SOL because our full allotment has been sold. From what I am hearing, the demand far exceeded the supply so there will be plenty of JMU donors who wanted tickets but couldn't get them. We are in the top 2 or 3 every year in attendence, so do you really think it would be that difficult to get 500 people to make the trip to Fargo? Our biggest alumni base is in the DC area so access to major airports makes travel easy. Toss in the charter plane leaving from Harrisonburg Friday morning, and we easily hit our number.

Christopher Moen
12-12-2016, 06:37 PM

No hatred for bands. It just that when it comes to bands, us NDSU fans are not thinking too much about the marching kinds, but rather these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5iTQf5PDyY

MrSnuffleupagus
12-12-2016, 06:41 PM
No hatred for bands. It just that when it comes to bands, us NDSU fans are not thinking too much about the marching kinds, but rather these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5iTQf5PDyY

That and how many football teams have won championships because of their marching band?

thedukesarehere
12-12-2016, 06:45 PM
I doubt there are 500 open seats on flights to Fargo on Thurs. and Fri. so I hope you are prepared to fly to MSP and then drive 240 miles in the snow to get to the game. :)

The charter is bringing at least 100 folks into Fargo on Friday afternoon. Sounds like a lot of people are doing the Minneapolis option, but others are going into Fargo Thursday evening and Friday morning. I'll be going directly into Fargo myself because I am not driving that far in the snow.

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2016, 06:46 PM
That and how many football teams have won championships because of their marching band?

JSU lost because of their band.
They were so worried about the band, the forgot to bring their football team. :rofl:

bisonaudit
12-12-2016, 06:47 PM

Stanford's cost them a bowl game once, does that count?

MAKBison
12-12-2016, 06:52 PM

Just like we do with every other fan base that comes here and boasts that there is no way we will make it into their stadium. They all have one thing in common....Lets go bison clap clap. Just do a bit of Utubing and you will find it

bisonaudit
12-12-2016, 06:52 PM
The charter is bringing at least 100 folks into Fargo on Friday afternoon. Sounds like a lot of people are doing the Minneapolis option, but others are going into Fargo Thursday evening and Friday morning. I'll be going directly into Fargo myself because I am not driving that far in the snow.

Driving up from MSP on Friday could be an adventure if the forecast holds. Hopefully most going that route are planning on doing it Thursday.

Christopher Moen
12-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Can someone please confirm or deny this without any fan biases involved? I have heard this over and over again and I would love to know. NDSU vs. JMU home and home can only be a good thing for both schools and FCS football in general. Two of the top teams from two of the top conferences what isn't there to love?

The home and home agreement only works if both teams have available OOC weekends to travel. NDSU also is adamant about having at least six home games a year.

With that said, I don't know what JMU's future schedule looks like, but NDSU does have two available weekends to travel in 2018 for a OOC game. My guess, those dates didn't work for JMU or NDSU has other possible plans for those weekends that we fans aren't privy to right now. I'm sure both ADs went through all this during their discussion, but couldn't get a deal to done that satisfied both schools.

Christopher Moen
12-12-2016, 06:58 PM

If this marching band can't win games for their football team, then none stand a chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrRVW-p8SJ8