PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa Opening

Bison_Kent
02-11-2006, 10:20 PM
I wonder if Northern Iowa would travel to Fargo. They have open dates on Sept. 9th or Sept. 23rd.

Found this at the following:

http://www.phpbb88.com/footballscoop/viewtopic.php?t=3427&mforum=footballscoop

BisonBacker
02-11-2006, 10:24 PM
They are either looking for a Home and Home deal or someone to come in for one game at and be compensated. I don't see them making a deal to travel for an away game without that team making the return trip to their house the next year or two.

DenverBison05
02-11-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't see how having a Home and Home contract with UNI is a problem. I'm all for scheduling them if we get the home game this year.

BisonBacker
02-11-2006, 10:29 PM
UNI would be great but when you look at this schedule this coming year is going to be brutal with or without UNI.

Gamehunter
02-11-2006, 10:30 PM
They are either looking for a Home and Home deal or someone to come in for one game at and be compensated. I don't see them making a deal to travel for an away game without that team making the return trip to their house the next year or two.

That is exactly what the Bison are looking for, NO???

BisonBacker
02-11-2006, 10:32 PM
The original comment on the thread stated he wondered if they would be willing to travel to Fargo. I was just pointing out that it would have to be either us going there for only one game or the home and home deal. No way UNI is going to make a one time trip to Fargo without us making the return trip is all I was pointing out. I'd love to see us Schedule them for the home and home deal.

coloradobison
02-11-2006, 10:37 PM
I think the problem is getting a home game in October, so its not 2 months between games at the FargoDome.

BisonBacker
02-11-2006, 10:40 PM
It will be a long fall football season if we can't schedule a October home game. :(

Luckylucky
02-11-2006, 11:54 PM
There is NO WAY UNI is going to go to Fargo for one game. Are you guys crazy? UNI, the National Runner-up is going to go to Fargo? No way in hell. UNI has earned their stripes in the D1AA ranks. The Bison haven't proven anything. As long as you are looking for one game contracts you're going to have to settle with playing on the road unless you play D2 and NAIA teams.

Now, maybe a home and home 1st year in Cedar Falls. That has potential. I have posted this several times, but I think it would be great intersectional noncon games for NDSU, SDSU and UNI to schedule eachother.

BisonBacker
02-12-2006, 12:17 AM
There is NO WAY UNI is going to go to Fargo for one game. *Are you guys crazy? *UNI, the National Runner-up is going to go to Fargo? *No way in hell. *UNI has earned their stripes in the D1AA ranks. *The Bison haven't proven anything. *As long as you are looking for one game contracts you're going to have to settle with playing on the road unless you play D2 and NAIA teams.

Now, maybe a home and home 1st year in Cedar Falls. *That has potential. *I have posted this several times, but I think it would be great intersectional noncon games for NDSU, SDSU and UNI to schedule eachother.

Before you go off on a rant why don't you read the posts. Nobody here has said we expected them to come to Fargo for just one game. If you can't read you shouldn't post. What are you a undii grad or something?

Luckylucky
02-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I wonder if Northern Iowa would travel to Fargo. They have open dates on Sept. 9th or Sept. 23rd.

Found this at the following:

http://www.phpbb88.com/footballscoop/viewtopic.php?t=3427&mforum=footballscoop

BisonBacker
02-12-2006, 12:21 AM
The original comment on the thread stated he wondered if they would be willing to travel to Fargo. I was just pointing out that it would have to be either us going there for only one game or the home and home deal. No way UNI is going to make a one time trip to Fargo without us making the return trip is all I was pointing out. I'd love to see us Schedule them for the home and home deal.

sambini
02-12-2006, 12:23 AM
UNI was last in Fargo 1979 OR 80?

Luckylucky
02-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Before you go off on a rant why don't you read the posts. *Nobody here has said we expected them to come to Fargo for just one game. *If you can't read you shouldn't post. *What are you a undii grad or something?

Maybe you shouldn't be so defensive. That is exactly what the first post said.

"I wonder if UNI would come to Fargo?" Nothing about a home and home in that statement. Only if they come to Fargo on 9/9 or 9/23 open dates.

And maybe before you try and shout someone down for having a differant opinion than your own, you should read my enter post and see where I full support lengthy home and homes with both Dakota schools and UNI.

Your post is an excellent example why you guys are not well liked outside your bubble.

sambini
02-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Says who?

Luckylucky
02-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Someone from outside the bubble.

BisonBacker
02-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Maybe you shouldn't be so defensive. *That is exactly what the first post said.

"I wonder if UNI would come to Fargo?" *Nothing about a home and home in that statement. *Only if they come to Fargo on 9/9 or 9/23 open dates.

And maybe before you try and shout someone down for having a differant opinion than your own, you should read my enter post and see where I full support lengthy home and homes with both Dakota schools and UNI.

Your post is an excellent example why you guys are not well liked outside your bubble.
You obviously didn't read my post.

Gamehunter
02-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Maybe you shouldn't be so defensive. That is exactly what the first post said.

"I wonder if UNI would come to Fargo?" Nothing about a home and home in that statement. Only if they come to Fargo on 9/9 or 9/23 open dates.

Lucky, you were actually pretty out of line blasting for what wasn't said. The Bison are always wanting to sign HOME and HOME contracts. Nobody incinuated that we would "buy" UNI for a one night stand at the Fargodome. It wouldn't even be in our benefit to do such a thing.

Remember, NDSU needs home games, and whatever contract is signed, the team MUST come to Fargo for the FIRST game in the series, with the return game the fallowing year or so. That is all that was intended to be said.

sambini
02-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Someone from outside the bubble.
What bubble?