PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Week Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Bison Loaf
11-30-2016, 01:15 PM
I need a safe place.

Here you go...............................it's great for Bison fatigue. :biggrin: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1166008#post1166008

Hammerhead
11-30-2016, 01:19 PM
How can we expect to be national champions if we are just conference co-champion? That's happened 3 times before. :)

Nothing inaccurate in that article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAKBison
11-30-2016, 04:11 PM
To basically work out 325- days a year and trying to keep that focus especially when the season gets to be grind is difficult.BN is there as a motivational tool.

I think the whole---it was a difficult two weeks thing is over blown by fans who love the drama.

Thats the problem with communicating in this format. Things always get taken to xtreams.

My thought is not that the circumstances caused the loss. My take is it was a compounding issue for sure. First and foremost, sdsu played a hell of a game. I watched most all their games and it was the best they played all year. However, we did also lose a key player and had a hellofa distracting week. All of that must be factored in as well. The degree of impact is arguable. However, that day and having just recently going back and watching that game, its clear to me we came out flat and were never mentally in that game. Now, maybe sdsu wins that game regardless, who knows...but, i sure hope we get a secound chance to find out.

CaBisonFan
11-30-2016, 04:19 PM
Thats the problem with communicating in this format. Things always get taken to xtreams.

My thought is not that the circumstances caused the loss. My take is it was a compounding issue for sure. First and foremost, sdsu played a hell of a game. I watched most all their games and it was the best they played all year. However, we did also lose a key player and had a hellofa distracting week. All of that must be factored in as well. The degree of impact is arguable. However, that day and having just recently going back and watching that game, its clear to me we came out flat and were never mentally in that game. Now, maybe sdsu wins that game regardless, but i sure hope we get a secound chance to find out.Was the SDSU game the Saturday after Mr. Morlock's funeral?

wagsabison
11-30-2016, 04:41 PM
Was the SDSU game the Saturday after Mr. Morlock's funeral?

I think so. That was the game Chase lead the team on the field. Which I thought was great personally. SDSU played great football that day. I hope we get another shot at SDSU. Should be a helluva game.

Christopher Moen
11-30-2016, 04:55 PM
I hope I'm misreading some of the posts here, but alluding to this team as "soft" is uncalled for. If it was soft, would they be able to find ways to win despite the amount of adversity they go through? No is the simple answer.

Vet70
11-30-2016, 05:03 PM
I hope I'm misreading some of the posts here, but alluding to this team as "soft" is uncalled for. If it was soft, would they be able to find ways to win despite the amount of adversity they go through? No is the simple answer.

It has not been a soft schedule.

CaBisonFan
11-30-2016, 05:11 PM
I think so. That was the game Chase lead the team on the field. Which I thought was great personally. SDSU played great football that day. I hope we get another shot at SDSU. Should be a helluva game.
I agree that SDSU played a great game.

G_Funky
11-30-2016, 06:59 PM

"soft" is probably a little too harsh.

"softer" than the what's been on the field over the last few years...definitely. and like i said, everyone continues to accept it and make excuses for that.

it's not that they aren't overcoming the adversity, it just seems to be that they're shelling up and hoping for the best and since they are a really talented bunch that has worked (uni, wiu, etc). however, against sdsu it bit them in the ass.

shelling up and hoping for the best isn't going to win national championships.

Bisonfanatical
11-30-2016, 07:00 PM

My thought is not that the circumstances caused the loss. My take is it was a compounding issue for sure. First and foremost, sdsu played a hell of a game. I watched most all their games and it was the best they played all year. However, we did also lose a key player and had a hellofa distracting week. All of that must be factored in as well. The degree of impact is arguable. However, that day and having just recently going back and watching that game, its clear to me we came out flat and were never mentally in that game. Now, maybe sdsu wins that game regardless, who knows...but, i sure hope we get a secound chance to find out.
I agree,
A lot of things factored into that loss, and I am anticipating the probable rematch coming in the quarters.
Should be a different outcome.

🤘

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bisonwinagn
11-30-2016, 07:04 PM

"softer" than the what's been on the field over the last few years...definitely. and like i said, everyone continues to accept it and make excuses for that.

it's not that they aren't overcoming the adversity, it just seems to be that they're shelling up and hoping for the best and since they are a really talented bunch that has worked (uni, wiu, etc). however, against sdsu it bit them in the ass.

Softer as in not as many NFL prospects as last year yes I can agree with that. I think we had 7 guys in NFL camps last year and probably 1 this year.

G_Funky
11-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Softer as in not as many NFL prospects as last year yes I can agree with that. I think we had 7 guys in NFL camps last year and probably 1 this year.

talent is down a little, but i think the number of kids in camp last year was a byproduct of the 2 guys who got drafted.

i also wouldn't be surprised to see more
than 1, just because of the attention ndsu has garnered.

Bisonator98
11-30-2016, 07:21 PM
Was the SDSU game the Saturday after Mr. Morlock's funeral?

Yes it was. His funeral was on thursday before the SDSU game. The whole team was there for the Morlock family.

Not using that as an excuse but it was certainly a distraction. Even so they held SDSU out of the endzone most of the day and it took a last second TD for SDSU to win. They held SDSU to 19 points. Their lowest point total all season and nearly 19 points below their scoring average.

G_Funky
11-30-2016, 07:37 PM
How can we expect to be national champions if we are just conference co-champion? That's happened 3 times before. :)

blood's in the water - in the past there wasn't much one could say about the Bison because we were raging on everyone. This year the team has been far more pedestrian. Every sports writer tired of hearing how great the great Bison are have been chomping at the bit to bring them back down to earth.

HerdBot
11-30-2016, 07:47 PM
Here's some good podcasts from Bison 1660

University Of San Diego Beat Writer Don Norcross Nov. 30, 2016
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/usd-beat-writer-don-norcross-nov-30-2016

San Diego Head Coach Dale Lindsey Nov. 30, 2016
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/san-diego-head-coach-dale-lindsey-nov-30-2016

SDbison
11-30-2016, 07:50 PM
I just hope the Bison can open up some in the playoffs and play aggressively.......less tentative. Play to win instead of playing not to lose. Seems as the championships keep stacking up the coaches and players tend to over think the game. Instead, lets have some fun, and kick some ass in the playoffs!

MAKBison
11-30-2016, 08:03 PM
I just hope the Bison can open up some in the playoffs and play aggressively.......less tentative. Play to win instead of playing not to lose. Seems as the championships keep stacking up the coaches and players tend to over think the game. Instead, lets have some fun, and kick some ass in the playoffs!

I am thinking in the po we see a team that is more aggressive and sharper. Call it a gut feeling

wisco4
11-30-2016, 08:21 PM
i think the difficult two weeks thing is an excuse, or a scapegoat, that people are taking and running with instead of admitting that we lost because we didn't play well.

it's just like society today...everything has a rhyme or reason to it...there also has to be an explanation so that feelings aren't hurt and people don't have to face the facts.

this whole "coddling" of the players is hard to wrap my head around...Klieman always states "no one is gonna feel sorry for the Bison" and that is very true. however, i feel like as a program the ones who are leading
these young men are in fact doing just that. When Bohl was here it was blue collar and you bring your lunch pale and hard hat everyday and you grind. you're damn right it was hard, but wtf do they expect? it's like after winning 5 natties the kids just all of a sudden need all this "extra" motivation to keep going. wth is that? it's like they are just excited to be here and Easton's 18-1 and aw shucks if we don't win a national championship we sure did have a lot of fun losing. gtfoh with that. the culture is changing and the tenacity and attitude of this team is changing from a bunch of guys who want to grind and want to win national championships and dismantle any opposition in the way to a bunch of guys who are coddled and felt sorry for by the very people who should be holding them accountable as individuals.

as a coaching staff, not only are they in the ball game of prepping product for the field...they are also some the most influential people in a young man's life in regards to molding them as individuals. all this PC crap and coddling and feeling sorry for the guys is not going to produce product on the field that is on par with a program that claims "dynasty" and it's not going to mold individuals into productive members of society because at the core of their being they know that for every action there is not an equal or greater reaction but that for every action there is an excuse that makes the outcome okay, regardless of its impact.

now, this in no way speaks to the Morlock family and what they endured. i cannot comprehend that situation.

however, i feel like it's a bit unfair to the Morlocks, and especially Chase, to put that situation at the forefront of their struggles in the SDSU game.

with all that being said, i truly hope to see a product on the field that displays the characteristics of a champion...not a wannabe looking for a way out.

Are you calling the number one seeded team a"wannabe looking for a way out"? If they were looking for a way out they certainly wouldn't be 10-1 right now. You are delusional. They lost one fucking game and were a play away from putting the game away(they were winning 17-3 when they fumbled on SDSU's side of the field) "Looking for a way out". March down to the Bison training facility and announce this to the team, then you'll be looking for a way out, in a hurry.

CAS4127
11-30-2016, 08:45 PM
Are you calling the number one seeded team a"wannabe looking for a way out"? If they were looking for a way out they certainly wouldn't be 10-1 right now. You are delusional. They lost one fucking game and were a play away from putting the game away(they were winning 17-3 when they fumbled on SDSU's side of the field) "Looking for a way out". March down to the Bison training facility and announce this to the team, then you'll be looking for a way out, in a hurry.

I'd say it's more of coaching staff "looking for or creating 'a way out'" for the players--to use your terminology.

G_Funky
11-30-2016, 08:53 PM

well in all fairness i said i hope to not see a wannabe looking for a way out.

however, that thought is derived from my opinion that there is a lack of accountability and because of that there is a lack of killer instinct. there's a lack of a sense of urgency bc they view a win as a win.

when a win is good enough, regardless of the opponent and their ability to match up, then the process of winning is put on the back burner. how they won, good or bad, doesn't become the focus. the focus becomes a mark in the good column. they should have bitch slapped missouri state, the uni game should have been 2-3 tds, and the usd game should have been over in the 3rd qtr.

when you raise the bar to the level ndsu has, and you consider yourself the cream of fcs football (and they are) then "a win is a win" is bogus. that's complacency. that's settling for performing under the potential this team has.

you're taking their record way too far into consideration...it would be like saying san diego and ndsu are equal because they both lost 1 game or that sam houston is a better team because they haven't lost.

the rubes down in brookings are all sorts of giddy about a 8-3 season...that's their pinnacle. at the end of the year they can claim they played tcu tough and beat the Bison. they are happy with a season that doesn't end in a national championship because there were some high points and they won some indy awards.

if/when the team losses you'll be one who will look at their record and get a warm feeling in your tummy instead of a pissed of rage because they settled for mediocrity.

scottietohottie
11-30-2016, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8

wisco4
11-30-2016, 09:02 PM
I'd say it's more of coaching staff "looking for or creating 'a way out'" for the players--to use your terminology.

It's not my terminology. This is the same bs that was spewed on this forum prior to the Iowa game. Relax, trust the process, enjoy the ride.

wisco4
11-30-2016, 09:06 PM

however, that thought is derived from my opinion that there is a lack of accountability and because of that there is a lack of killer instinct. there's a lack of a sense of urgency bc they view a win as a win.

when a win is good enough, regardless of the opponent and their ability to match up, then the process of winning is put on the back burner. how they won, good or bad, doesn't become the focus. the focus becomes a mark in the good column. they should have bitch slapped missouri state, the uni game should have been 2-3 tds, and the usd game should have been over in the 3rd qtr.

when you raise the bar to the level ndsu has, and you consider yourself the cream of fcs football (and they are) then "a win is a win" is bogus. that's complacency. that's settling for performing under the potential this team has.

you're taking their record way too far into consideration...it would be like saying san diego and ndsu are equal because they both lost 1 game or that sam houston is a better team because they haven't lost.

the rubes down in brookings are all sorts of giddy about a 8-3 season...that's their pinnacle. at the end of the year they can claim they played tcu tough and beat the Bison. they are happy with a season that doesn't end in a national championship because there were some high points and they won some indy awards.

if/when the team losses you'll be one who will look at their record and get a warm feeling in your tummy instead of a pissed of rage because they settled for mediocrity.

Well you know what they say about opinions. And yours absolutely stinks.

GreenfieldBison
11-30-2016, 09:07 PM
Some years back I was playing a round of golf with a friend. As I teed my ball up on a par 3 my playing partner committed a foul by taking a business call. To be polite he walked back from the tee and was looking back down the previous hole when I struck my shot. So he neither saw nor heard the skulled worm burner go slicing off to the right of the green, hit a tree and ricochet back toward the green side bunker. As I put my club back in my bag he completed his call, turned around and spotted my ball next to the cup and poised for the ensuing tap-in birdie. "Nice fucking shot!!!"

Seen in a similar light the 2016 Bison Football regular season is looking quite good:

Oppo #1 W
Oppo #2 W
Oppo #3 W
Oppo #4 W
Oppo #5 W
Oppo #6 L
Oppo #7 W
Oppo #8 W
Oppo #9 W
Oppo #10 W
Oppo #11 W

The crew played a difficult OOC schedule with a 100% success ratio and then followed that up with an eight straight week conference grind that yielded an 87.5% success ratio. Through this they endured personal hardship, injuries to numerous key participants and some agitated arm-waving and hand-wringing from the residents of this very board if not others quarters.

Yet here they are with a well-deserved (IMHO) #1 seed, coming off a badly needed week off and fully in the drivers seat. The first season is over and the second season begins. I anticipate a renewed passion and hunger on their part as the navigate their way through the bracket. This team knows that unlike the week of the single L during the first season there is no tomorrow. I know they will win. And I know that they know that they will win. It is inbred to all save perhaps those true frosh.

scottietohottie
11-30-2016, 09:14 PM
When in Rome.

Bison Loaf
11-30-2016, 09:26 PM
I am thinking in the po we see a team that is more aggressive and sharper. Call it a gut feeling

Agree. You can call it a gut feeling, but for me it's also because history has proven this to be just the case. In almost all instances in the last 5 years, NDSU has come out sharper and at least as good, and most times better, than they were in the regular season. (IMHO)

The only time I can remember that such may NOT have been the case (again, MAY not have been - as it's certainly debatable) is in 2014 when we barely beat SDSU 27-24 after having smacked them 37-17 in the regular season. Yes, we then gave up 32 the following week to Coastal Carolina, which wasn't the best of performances by a playoff defense, I suppose, but that was a pretty potent CC offense. And then, after throttling SHSU, we let the championship game get away from our clear control in the 2nd half against ISUr, before rallying for the victory. But that again was a pretty darn good overall ISUr team. I just don't feel like NDSU has played poorly in the playoffs, overall, in any of those games, and in-fact has been a better, sharper team than in regular season. If playoff games have been close, I feel it has been the opponent that has UPPED their game, and we were able to fend off a hot opponent, who was playing almost perfectly at the time.

And sure, Wofford and Georgia Southern gave us all we wanted in 2012, but again, I thought the Herd was playing well themselves and those were two very good teams, especially GSU that year - arguably the best team we have ever played in the playoffs (or otherwise). I think if we get beat, it will more likely to be by a team playing near-perfect, flawless and opportune football, than it will be NDSU playing poorly.

So, until proven otherwise, I say the playoffs are here...............and this team thrives..................again!

VirginiaBison
11-30-2016, 09:40 PM
.... I think if we get beat, it will more likely to be by a team playing near-perfect, flawless and opportune football, than it will be NDSU playing poorly. Can the Bison then claim they ran out of time, or they just had an off day.... if that were to happen. We've heard that excuse 4x5....in the Championship run.

Vet70
11-30-2016, 09:48 PM
The bitterness and outright contempt for a 10-1 team that has fought through what they have are very entertaining. When the streak of championships is over, whenever that is, I expect a number of posters will commit seppuku.

Bison Loaf
11-30-2016, 09:51 PM
Can the Bison then claim they ran out of time, or they just had an off day.... if that were to happen. We've heard that excuse 4x5....in the Championship run.

Great point and nope, the 4 times that NDSU has lost in the Klieman era, Coach K has (rightly) given proper, proportionate and sincere credit to the other team for their well-EARNED victory.

That's just one of the things I really like about him.

HerdBot
11-30-2016, 10:06 PM
Saw on twitter tickets available at 7pm for unclaimed students and visitor seats

DM05
11-30-2016, 10:19 PM

Losing one game in the playoff to another team that also wants to win that game does not mean the team settled for mediocrity. The #1 seed with a 10-1 record against that kind of schedule is not even in the same universe as mediocrity. Could you sound more spoiled? So the 2012 and 2014 titles aren't great season's to you because we barely beat GA Southern, SDSU, and Illinois State? A win was a win in those games, no?

God forbid a title team that lost 2 games last year maybe isn't quite as good after losing the #2 pick in the draft, an NFL left tackle and CB, and a WR that put up the best statistical career in program history, not to mention an all-american punter and fullback/TE that both got camp invites. Apparently still being really, really good at football isn't enough for you.

Like it or not, the other team's players are trying to win the game as well, and they have just as much to say about the outcome as our guys. Go tell Austin Kuhnert and Nate Tanguay your thoughts to their face and see if they agree with you...

wisco4
11-30-2016, 10:19 PM
The bitterness and outright contempt for a 10-1 team that has fought through what they have are very entertaining. When the streak of championships is over, whenever that is, I expect a number of posters will commit seppuku.

Amen, Go Bison!

BisonHorns
11-30-2016, 10:22 PM
https://youtu.be/-SMamh7K9fI
Video of USD coach and players interviewed about upcoming game.

wisco4
11-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Losing one game in the playoff to another team that also wants to win that game does not mean the team settled for mediocrity. The #1 seed with a 10-1 record against that kind of schedule is not even in the same universe as mediocrity. Could you sound more spoiled? So the 2012 and 2014 titles aren't great season's to you because we barely beat GA Southern, SDSU, and Illinois State? A win was a win in those games, no?

God forbid a title team that lost 2 games last year maybe isn't quite as good after losing the #2 pick in the draft, an NFL left tackle and CB, and a WR that put up the best statistical career in program history, not to mention an all-american punter and fullback/TE that both got camp invites. Apparently still being really, really good at football isn't enough for you.

Like it or not, the other team's players are trying to win the game as well, and they have just as much to say about the outcome as our guys. Go tell Austin Kuhnert and Nate Tanguay your thoughts to their face and see if they agree with you...

Thank you for sharing my sentiments on G Funkys post's. I was going to ask him the same question about the National Championship teams. I wanted his opinion on which one of my sons rings I should send back since not all wins are wins according to his vast amount of football knowledge.. That natty against ISUr was closer than it should have been, we settled for mediocrity to win that one:facepalm2:

SDbison
11-30-2016, 10:29 PM
Video of USD coach and players interviewed about upcoming game. Video already removed. Was there some reason this was done?

MrSnuffleupagus
11-30-2016, 10:31 PM
Saw on twitter tickets available at 7pm for unclaimed students and visitor seats

I know, like most games end of November/begining of December, the student section doesn't sell out. However, I really hope there are a lot of students there Saturday. Even though I have seen countless sources say we are going to steamroll SDU, I don't think its going to be as easy as that.

GreenfieldBison
11-30-2016, 10:45 PM
Video already removed. Was there some reason this was done?

Was there some bulletin board material in there perhaps?

mtoutfitter
11-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Was there some bulletin board material in there perhaps?

I watched it and didn't see anything at all that could be used in that way.

G_Funky
11-30-2016, 10:51 PM

if that'll piss them off and make them play with some fire under their ass then hook me up with some contact info!

i mean i can only assume that since you're putting those individuals on blast you must know them boys personally.

G_Funky
11-30-2016, 11:03 PM
Thank you for sharing my sentiments on G Funkys post's. I was going to ask him the same question about the National Championship teams. I wanted his opinion on which one of my sons rings I should send back since not all wins are wins according to his vast amount of football knowledge.. That natty against ISUr was closer than it should have been, we settled for mediocrity to win that one:facepalm2:

you're selecting a very small sample size (one game) opposed to viewing the entire season and you're far too personally invested based on your passive aggressive "ring return" comment.

good day, sir.

Vet70
11-30-2016, 11:08 PM
Maybe I really don't understand football, but I thought what matters is winning, not style points. If we win every game from here on out by just one point I can deal with it.

VirginiaBison
11-30-2016, 11:10 PM
Video of USD coach and players interviewed about upcoming game. Appears to have been removed. So can you summarize?

CAS4127
11-30-2016, 11:13 PM
if that'll piss them off and make them play with some fire under their ass then hook me up with some contact info!

i mean i can only assume that since you're putting those individuals on blast you must know them boys personally.

I for one agree with the gist of your posts--that being that this team is just "OK" with its performance, and lacks the intensity, physicality and sheer desire that our other Natty teams had in a big way. For me, I see somewhat of an "oh well" attitude, and if we lose in POs, oh well, we tried but the other team is good/great too (CK-like) and it's "OK" if they win sometimes too. Participation ribbons hang on the wall too. Most like to defer to the position that "everyone else has gotten better", but that doesn't show in the records, especially in MVCF v. BSC football. We have regressed, and it can't be attributed to player abilities, as all we hear is that we have had the best recruiting classes for many years. Do the math.

As for Wisco suggesting this a reflection of teams his son played on: No it's not. It's an opinion/position on this year's team--nothing more, nothing less, and is actually more of a question on what or how the coaching staff is doing/coaching and it's overall philosophy.

Flame away--I'm ok with that.

SDbison
11-30-2016, 11:23 PM
I for one agree with the gist of your posts--that being that this team is just "OK" with its performance, and lacks the intensity, physicality and sheer desire that our other Natty teams had in a big way. For me, I see somewhat of an "oh well" attitude, and if we lose in POs, oh well, we tried but the other team is good/great too (CK-like) and it's "OK" if they win sometimes too. Participation ribbons hang on the wall too. Most like to defer to the position that "everyone else has gotten better", but that doesn't show in the records, especially in MVCF v. BSC football. We have regressed, and it can't be attributed to player abilities, as all we hear is that we have had the best recruiting classes for many years. Do the math.

As for Wisco suggesting this a reflection of teams his son played on: No it's not. It's an opinion/position on this year's team--nothing more, nothing less, and is actually more of a question on what or how the coaching staff is doing/coaching and it's overall philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I understand and agree with most of what you are saying CAS. Seems like there is a little resting on the past going on, and playing not to lose instead playing hard nosed football for ALL 4 QUARTERS. Starts with the coaches. Still scratching my head with some of the offensive play calls, and the bend but still break defense. This team is capable of more. NDSU is still better than SDSU, but the team has to play all 4 quarters of Bison football. This Saturday is a trap game and if the Bison are riding on past success they could lose to San Diego.

Bisonwinagn
11-30-2016, 11:24 PM
Maybe I really don't understand football, but I thought what matters is winning, not style points. If we win every game from here on out by just one point I can deal with it.

Nope you're wrong. Some Bisonville posters want every game won by 80 points...and then they get pissed because the games aren't closer and the competitions sucks.

Bisonwinagn
11-30-2016, 11:25 PM
I understand and agree with most of what you are saying CAS. Seems like there is a little resting on the past going on, and playing not to lose instead playing hard nosed football for ALL 4 QUARTERS. Starts with the coaches. Still scratching my head with some of the offensive play calls, and the bend but still break defense. This team is capable of more. NDSU is still better than SDSU, but the team has to play all 4 quarters of Bison football. This Saturday is a trap game and if the Bison are riding on past success they could lose to San Diego.

Trap games by definition cannot happen after playing ISUb and USD and having a bye week. Where the hell is the trap coming from.

Vet70
11-30-2016, 11:25 PM

Far from "flaming away" CAS, but didn't you express the same concerns about last year's championship team?

CAS4127
11-30-2016, 11:32 PM
Far from "flaming away" CAS, but didn't you express the same concerns about last year's championship team?

Not after the USD game.

Vet70
11-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Not after the USD game.

Fair enough.

SDbison
11-30-2016, 11:35 PM
Trap games by definition cannot happen after playing ISUb and USD and having a bye week. Where the hell is the trap coming from. Overconfidence and expecting to not have to play 100% all 4 quarters.

CAS4127
11-30-2016, 11:39 PM
Overconfidence.

That, and CP outright saying on radio today that play calling changes in a big way if we have lead going into second half--cruise control while the other team decides, eff it, I'm speeding!

SDbison
11-30-2016, 11:42 PM
That, and CP outright saying on radio today that play calling changes in a big way if we have lead going into second half--cruise control while the other team decides, eff it, I'm speeding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I agree.....I revised my post in a similar manner before you replied.

wisco4
11-30-2016, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=G_Funky;1177619]you're selecting a very small sample size (one game) opposed to viewing the entire season and you're far too personally invested based on your passive aggressive "ring return" comment.

good day, sir.

I'm far too personally invested? But you said I would have this warm cozy feeling inside if the Bison lose in the playoffs. Can't have it both ways pal.Let me try to put your doubting, weak ass mind at ease. The young men in that locker room don't think like you. They are mentally tough and able to focus. They realize it is a marathon not a sprint. They are resilent. Though you don't think it is true, those outstanding young men in that Bison locker room want to win just as much if not more than you are afraid that they might lose.

G_Funky
11-30-2016, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=G_Funky;1177619]you're selecting a very small sample size (one game) opposed to viewing the entire season and you're far too personally invested based on your passive aggressive "ring return" comment.

good day, sir.

I'm far too personally invested? But you said I would have this warm cozy feeling inside if the Bison lose in the playoffs. Can't have it both ways pal.Let me try to put your doubting, weak ass mind at ease. The young men in that locker room don't think like you. They are mentally tough and able to focus. They realize it is a marathon not a sprint. They are resilent. Though you don't think it is true, those outstanding young men in that Bison locker room want to win just as much if not more than you are afraid that they might lose.

i said good day!

G_Funky
12-01-2016, 12:02 AM

the very logic i am speaking to...like wtf is that? i'll tell you one damn thing...when Polasek was a young gun in the game he was a pistol and if his OC (Vigs) would have told him that he would have went bonkers.

CAS4127
12-01-2016, 12:08 AM

good day, sir.

Not trying to be a dink, but being "resilient" belies a sub-par performance against SDSU after/during a week of adversity, with adversity being way overblown by the staff IMO. Not to mention the obvious attempt to feature in an out of the norm way the very player who was actually and personally experiencing that adversity.

Christopher Moen
12-01-2016, 12:23 AM

Sorry, I not seeing what you're seeing. Outside of 2013, the Bison are beating teams pretty much at the same rate as they have done during the Championship years. The main differences to those years, in my opinion, is that they faced tougher competition and adversity.

As far as shelling up, keep in mind that the other teams have gotten better and are not giving up as easily as they have in the past. Getting a win against NDSU is about as about as big as the Bison winning against a P5 team. Prime example would be SDSU playing their absolute best and throwing everything they had against a Bison team that was not at its best that week.

With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing the Bison win four more games this season and getting to show SDSU their true selves on the way.

Trust me, there is no "softness" in this team.

BisonHorns
12-01-2016, 12:31 AM
I love this years fight. Take on anyone anywhere and fight for a win. I enjoy every game and will be sad all off season not having Bison football to look forward to on the weekends.

BisonHorns
12-01-2016, 12:37 AM
Video already removed. Was there some reason this was done?

it was pure wholesome talk about getting ready to play NDSU and beating Cal Poly. I cant see any reason it was taken down. I will see if they repost it.

td577
12-01-2016, 01:26 AM
it was pure wholesome talk about getting ready to play NDSU and beating Cal Poly. I cant see any reason it was taken down. I will see if they repost it.

Maybe they realized there were media rights they infringed upon. People have to read their media contracts.

BadlandsBison
12-01-2016, 01:54 AM
It'll be cold on Saturday. Milk will be a good choice.

1st&TennBison
12-01-2016, 02:14 AM
I feel like NDSU might not be trying to show to much before the playoffs. A "lets be vanilla" attitude. Stick has not really not been turned loose this year with his feet. The passing game is better than it seems or that they allow, but we just don't use it much. And in the second half when up by two scores the run game just does the same old run it up the middle and pray we get a first down, instead of lets ram it down their mouth. Maybe the coaching staff is confident enough in the team this year not to open up the play book to much until the playoffs. When is the last time that the Bison have run a fake anything or tried some twist on a common play, have we even really done it at all this year.

Vet70
12-01-2016, 02:19 AM
I feel like NDSU might not be trying to show to much before the playoffs. A "lets be vanilla" attitude. Stick has not really not been turned loose this year with his feet. The passing game is better than it seems or that they allow, but we just don't use it much. And in the second half when up by two scores the run game just does the same old run it up the middle and pray we get a first down, instead of lets ram it down their mouth. Maybe the coaching staff is confident enough in the team this year not to open up the play book to much until the playoffs. When is the last time that the Bison have run a fake anything or tried some twist on a common play, have we even really done it at all this year.

Maybe a pass to the left tackle?

StL Bison Fan
12-01-2016, 02:33 AM

The weave to open up a passing lane?

Bisonator98
12-01-2016, 02:55 AM
I nominate this thread for the hall of shame.:facepalm:

Our team is about to embark on their quest to defend their 5th straight national title with the #1 seed and some of you are questioning their "toughness" or the coaches being too soft on them? Very disappointing especially when it's coming from former players who should fucking know better.

Jim Puetz
12-01-2016, 03:02 AM
This thread is f__king depressing. Stop over analyzing this season; we are 10-1 and and starting a new season that we play better than any other team in FCS history. This team IS A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM! Time to roll! GGGOOOOBBBIIISSSSOONNNNN!

Bison"FANatic"
12-01-2016, 03:06 AM
I nominate this thread for the hall of shame.:facepalm:

Our team is about to embark on their quest to defend their 5th straight national title with the #1 seed and some of you are questioning their "toughness" or the coaches being too soft on them? Very disappointing especially when it's coming from former players who should fucking know better.

That way they can come and say see I told you so. It is actually quite sad. They should know better than to compare teams from year to year as that is the best thing about college ball. They are always different and always will be. Are we as good on O as we have been, maybe maybe not, the D as good as other years, we will see. All I know is I will thoroughly enjoy watching the playoffs and I know that there are about 100 NDSU students and a bunch of coaches that are going to give it everything they possibly can in the coming week and weeks to make sure they win games. They may succeed they may not.

FFBison
12-01-2016, 03:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_rfVAfjJyg

Some Torero players and coach commentary on the upcoming game.

Vet70
12-01-2016, 03:21 AM

Lauren is so cute talking about USD "going to Fargo Dome" to play North Dakota.We don't get any respect.

What I find really interesting is blaring noise outside to simulate the crowd. It's a dome guys, a dome. Not that doing it inside would really do that much good.

CAS4127
12-01-2016, 03:27 AM

God I'm glad I never took a class taught by your bitch-ass!/purple

LMAO

StL Bison Fan
12-01-2016, 03:30 AM
Lauren is so cute talking about USD "going to Fargo Dome" to play North Dakota.We don't get any respect.

What I find really interesting is blaring noise outside to simulate the crowd. It's a dome guys, a dome. Not that doing it inside would really do that much good.
Isnt naive cute?
Really though, no trash talk from the players or fans. Refreshing.
Coach has quite a resume

Vet70
12-01-2016, 03:31 AM
God I'm glad I never took a class taught by your bitch-ass!/purple

LMAO

Hey, it could have had fun. :rofl:

CAS4127
12-01-2016, 03:42 AM
Hey, it could have had fun. :rofl:

It no doubt would have been. Appreciate what you have and did for NDSU! Solid!

That said, eff it, I'm in playoff mode. Much of my disgruntledness (sp?) comes from being both nervy and pumped!

Let's GO BISON!!

Son of a Bison
12-01-2016, 03:43 AM
Number 43 looked excited for the chance to talk with a non relative female during that interview.

Vet70
12-01-2016, 03:48 AM

That said, eff it, I'm in playoff mode. Much of my disgruntledness (sp?) comes from being both nervy and pumped!

Let's GO BISON!!

I get what you are saying and I am pretty jacked up and nervous myself. I get the idea that you really wish you could suit up and kick some ass.

CAS4127
12-01-2016, 03:59 AM
I get what you are saying and I am pretty jacked up and nervous myself. I get the idea that you really wish you could suit up and kick some ass.

Can I just kick Ass on Runtheoption and TransAmbison? That would be way easier!!?? Hell, their wives are easier (take that how you want to --> HEEEEEH!

El_Chapo
12-01-2016, 04:06 AM
40-0 over this joke of a fcs team. anything less is failure in my book. heck im not even gonna go

Christopher Moen
12-01-2016, 06:50 AM

Let's GO BISON!!

I think a lot of us here have that right now. Despite being a huge sports fan and a somewhat alright former athlete, nothing gets me more excited than Bison Football.

BisoninNWMN
12-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Sorry, I not seeing what you're seeing. Outside of 2013, the Bison are beating teams pretty much at the same rate as they have done during the Championship years. The main differences to those years, in my opinion, is that they faced tougher competition and adversity.

As far as shelling up, keep in mind that the other teams have gotten better and are not giving up as easily as they have in the past. Getting a win against NDSU is about as about as big as the Bison winning against a P5 team. Prime example would be SDSU playing their absolute best and throwing everything they had against a Bison team that was not at its best that week.

With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing the Bison win four more games this season and getting to show SDSU their true selves on the way.

Trust me, there is no "softness" in this team.

Agree

Wonder if Coach P will bring back the "flee flicker"????????

G_Funky
12-01-2016, 01:16 PM
That way they can come and say see I told you so. It is actually quite sad. They should know better than to compare teams from year to year as that is the best thing about college ball. They are always different and always will be. Are we as good on O as we have been, maybe maybe not, the D as good as other years, we will see. All I know is I will thoroughly enjoy watching the playoffs and I know that there are about 100 NDSU students and a bunch of coaches that are going to give it everything they possibly can in the coming week and weeks to make sure they win games. They may succeed they may not.

i actually, thoroughly, hope the ones who disagree with me are the ones telling me "told you so".

go bison \m/

TransAmBison
12-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Can I just kick Ass on Runtheoption and TransAmbison? That would be way easier!!?? Hell, their wives are easier (take that how you want to --> HEEEEEH!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJust remember CAS, tailgating starts at noon. Don't be late.

scottietohottie
12-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Just remember CAS, tailgating starts at noon. Don't be late.

You guys have been going to the same tailgate for years and in no way is that depressing.

scottietohottie
12-01-2016, 01:46 PM

I see the old wooden ship got Champ Kinds job too.

TransAmBison
12-01-2016, 01:51 PM
You guys have been going to the same tailgate for years and in no way is that depressing.Are you saying if we move spots CAS might not be able to find us? I'm calling Simmers.

scottietohottie
12-01-2016, 01:53 PM
It's anchorMAN and not anchorlady. That is a scientific fact.

scottietohottie
12-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Are you saying if we move spots CAS might not be able to find us? I'm calling Simmers.

I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.

IzzyFlexion
12-01-2016, 02:15 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/1f5llp.jpg

scottietohottie
12-01-2016, 02:28 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1f5llp.jpg

You were my hero Izzy. Why would you say that? You come out with stink like that. poop you poop mouth.

G_Funky
12-01-2016, 02:32 PM

i read somewhere their periods attract bears.

the bears can smell the menstruation!

runtheoption
12-01-2016, 03:23 PM

Me and TAB against you? The only betting on that would be which 1 out of the 3 of us is the first one to end up with a torn rotator cuff from trying to throw a punch.

Playoffs. We are talking about the playoffs. GO BISON!

Bison -- 49, Bovine Torturers -- 10

MAKBison
12-01-2016, 03:32 PM

They are preparing for a football game not a rock concert. I forget which coach said that.?.?

IzzyFlexion
12-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Me and TAB against you? The only betting on that would be which 1 out of the 3 of us is the first one to end up with a torn rotator cuff from trying to throw a punch.

Playoffs. We are talking about the playoffs. GO BISON!

Bison -- 49, Bovine Torturers -- 10

Medical redshirt.........
.too soon?

mtoutfitter
12-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Bison -21.5 according to 5Dimes

Vet70
12-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Bison -21.5 according to 5Dimes

I don't see us winning by that margin.

HerdBot
12-01-2016, 05:21 PM
high of mid 30s for a December tailgate... love global warming

bisonaudit
12-01-2016, 05:28 PM

21.5? Me either. That half point is tricky. :)

SDbison
12-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Yeah, should be more like 28 plus.

Vet70
12-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Yeah, should be more like 28 plus.

I hope you are right, but I don't think that will happen.

MontanaHoyt
12-01-2016, 05:40 PM
I could see us winning 28-7.

wisco4
12-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Not trying to be a dink, but being "resilient" belies a sub-par performance against SDSU after/during a week of adversity, with adversity being way overblown by the staff IMO. Not to mention the obvious attempt to feature in an out of the norm way the very player who was actually and personally experiencing that adversity.
Don't sell yourself short, you're being quite the dink. Your boyfriend would point to you selecting a "very small sample size" concerning Bison resiliency

CAS4127
12-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Don't sell yourself short, you're being quite the dink. Your boyfriend would point to you selecting a "very small sample size" concerning Bison resiliency

Cry me a river ... or grow a pair.

Oh, and learn how to properly quote and respond to a post.

tony
12-01-2016, 07:20 PM
I was worried about this game, but their coach didn't have a mustache... wait, what, he has a mustache? Raisin cookies*!

At least he isn't sporting the sideburns he had during his NFL playing days or we'd be well and truly screwed.

* trying to cut down by swearing.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-01-2016, 08:02 PM

I don't think I could handle that, too many heart-attacks!!!

Vet70
12-01-2016, 08:08 PM
I don't think I could handle that, too many heart-attacks!!!

If I have survived so can you. :biggrin:

BisonNation11
12-01-2016, 08:15 PM
I was worried about this game, but their coach didn't have a mustache... wait, what, he has a mustache? Raisin cookies*!

At least he isn't sporting the sideburns he had during his NFL playing days or we'd be well and truly screwed.

* trying to cut down by swearing.

Let's see, by year we've had the following thrown at as: Kat paws, diaper pants, coach pierced his ear, Spack Stache, and a small flock of cocky birds. It's going to take something special! :nod:

StL Bison Fan
12-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Let's see, by year we've had the following thrown at as: Kat paws, diaper pants, coach pierced his ear, Spack Stache, and a small flock of cocky birds. It's going to take something special! :nod:

You forgot the cocky birds' band. I dont think anything could be more ridiculous. They would have left the fb team home if they didnt have enough room traveling to texas

BisonNation11
12-01-2016, 10:06 PM
You forgot the cocky birds' band. I dont think anything could be more ridiculous. They would have left the fb team home if they didnt have enough room traveling to texas

I tried to stick to one ridiculous thing per year. Would have been quite the list if I named everything. :)

Green1
12-01-2016, 10:13 PM

Ha! Memories... (in order)

-"You can't handle the speed of Southern teams!"
-"You got lucky the first time. This time will be different."
-"We are going to beat you and we are bringing a dozen of our best fans (thanks Mom and Dad)"
-"Hey! You guys stole all our tickets!"
-"We almost beat Auburn and wait till you get a load of our HUMONGOUS band!"

wisco4
12-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Cry me a river ... or grow a pair.

Oh, and learn how to properly quote and respond to a post.

Sorry, I haven't learned proper bisonville technique. I was too busy raising a son man enough to put on the uniform

CAS4127
12-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Sorry, I haven't learned proper bisonville technique. I was too busy raising a son man enough to put on the uniform

Lmao!!!

Vet70
12-01-2016, 11:09 PM

One thing about BV is that you don't always know the identity of posters.

tony
12-01-2016, 11:13 PM

Well, I can help with the quoting.

Can't help with the criticism of the team for being too emotional (or whatever the raisin cookie it was this time) because it made so little sense that I wouldn't know where to begin.

CAS4127
12-01-2016, 11:37 PM

Can't help with the criticism of the team for being too emotional (or whatever the raisin cookie it was this time) because it made so little sense that I wouldn't know where to begin.

If your are referring to me, Tony, whatever. My posts relative to what wisco is having difficulties with weren't directed at the "team", meaning players; they were directed at the staff for how they mishandled (in my opinion) the "adversity" surrounding the SDSU game. Just an opinion that no one has to agree with, but I'll stick with and defend it.

Wisco reminds me of me a bit when I first started here--very defensive and easily offended. I feel I've changed my ways quite a lot, although I have my moments for sure.

That said, he pushed my buttons, so I pushed back. I did find his last post to be hilarious because it was a perfect response to mine. I'd pos-rep him if I could from cell phone.

Lastly, I don't believe he understands how much I respect anyone and everyone who has played FOR (not at) NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY.

Bisonguy
12-01-2016, 11:42 PM

In no way was Cal Poly's O line "kinda" like what they'll see on Saturday. Nobody over 300 lbs in their 2 deep and all of their weights conveniently are multiples of 5.

CAS4127
12-01-2016, 11:49 PM
In no way was Cal Poly's O line "kinda" like what they'll see on Saturday. Nobody over 300 lbs in their 2 deep and all of their weights conveniently are multiples of 5.

I'm glad we aren't playing Poly, but to play a team that beat them makes me a bit uneasy. What do the Rabbit posters say about their loss to Poly? I'm not a fan of transitive properties, but that definitely has to be (better be) in the minds of team and staff. I don't see this as being a cupcake game at all.

Bison bison
12-01-2016, 11:56 PM
We should beat Whale Vagina five times till Tuesday.

StL Bison Fan
12-02-2016, 01:17 AM
I tried to stick to one ridiculous thing per year. Would have been quite the list if I named everything. :)

You have time...

Elvis was a Bison
12-02-2016, 01:40 AM

What uniform is that? Cub Scout? Cenex? Maytag? Military?

Haven't met you, but I have met CAS several times and have shaken the hand with all the Championship rings. I don't always agree with him, but he has earned the right to speak his piece. I wore a uniform for 25 years, so I have earned my right as well. What have you done (besides raise a son) that has given you the right to come on here and call one of the Bison all-time greats a homosexual?? Or should I be asking YOUR boyfriend??

BisonHorns
12-02-2016, 02:07 AM
This is the San Diego thread. They are the enemy this week. Find your focus.

CAS4127
12-02-2016, 02:12 AM

I'm so hoping for a power-run domination. God that is fun to watch and just takes the wind out of an opponent, including the offense. They become desperate to try to keep their D off the field and away from the piss-pounding--and we fans love it. Remember the SHSU semi game? THAT was a thing of beauty!

Vet70
12-02-2016, 02:23 AM
I'm so hoping for a power-run domination. God that is fun to watch and just takes the wind out of an opponent, including the offense. They become desperate to try to keep their D off the field and away from the piss-pounding--and we fans love it. Remember the SHSU semi game? THAT was a thing of beauty!

I thought the same thing about the SHSU game when I read the first part of your post. I went and looked it up---12 straight runs on a 73-yard drive that broke their backs.

CAS4127
12-02-2016, 02:28 AM
I thought the same thing about the SHSU game when I read the first part of your post. I went and looked it up---12 straight runs on a 73-yard drive that broke their backs.

Youch!! And had we poured it on, we would have ended the 3rd with another run and a TD. Remember that?!

Let's give USD a taste of that, PA-Lease!!

Thumper 76
12-02-2016, 02:42 AM
I'm glad we aren't playing Poly, but to play a team that beat them makes me a bit uneasy. What do the Rabbit posters say about their loss to Poly? I'm not a fan of transitive properties, but that definitely has to be (better be) in the minds of team and staff. I don't see this as being a cupcake game at all.

You guys will be fine. SDSU just had a bad gameplan to face the triple option. It'll be a nice warm up for you guys to shake off the rust from the bye week. Then you'll get to face either a Nova or SDSU team fresh off of a slobber knocker.

Vet70
12-02-2016, 02:44 AM

Went back to fact check things. Actually, it was an 87-yard drive that started with two passes for the first 21 yards, and 12 runs after that for 66. Still pretty impressive.

wisco4
12-02-2016, 02:45 AM

Thanks Tony. I haven't been a Bison fanatic nearly as long as most of the crazies on here(just last 4 years with the boy on the team) so I guess my perspective is much differeNt than most lifelong bisonvillers. I just can't wrap my head around the criticism of this team. The only other time I posted was the week prior to the Iowa. Same doom and gloom stuff. That game turned out not too bad. Hopefully the playoff run plays out the same. It's been a short but entertaining ride, but bisonville is no place for a parent of a player. Seeing what they put into each season and then reading the garbage thrown out by some on here, disappointing to say the least. Good news is the boy said the o-line has been bringing it all week in practice, hopefully a renewed Bison dominance come December and January. Signing off. GoBISON!

MAKBison
12-02-2016, 02:50 AM

The more I think about it the more USD pisses me off. Thier lack of trash talking and creating a common board enemy is limiting my fun. WTF is up with that!!!!!!!!!!!

Vet70
12-02-2016, 02:56 AM
The more I think about it the more USD pisses me off. Thier lack of trash talking and creating a common board enemy is limiting my fun. WTF is up with that!!!!!!!!!!!

Since their board is virtually non-existent if we were to go over there we would still just be trash talking to each other.

MAKBison
12-02-2016, 02:58 AM
Since their board is virtually non-existent if we were to go over there we would still just be trash talking to each other.

that's another thing that pisses me off...no damn board to learn anything from....CMON MAN. If your gunna play the game....Play all aspects of the game. I hate half-assed!

CAS4127
12-02-2016, 03:44 AM
Thanks Tony. I haven't been a Bison fanatic nearly as long as most of the crazies on here(just last 4 years with the boy on the team) so I guess my perspective is much differeNt than most lifelong bisonvillers. I just can't wrap my head around the criticism of this team. The only other time I posted was the week prior to the Iowa. Same doom and gloom stuff. That game turned out not too bad. Hopefully the playoff run plays out the same. It's been a short but entertaining ride, but bisonville is no place for a parent of a player. Seeing what they put into each season and then reading the garbage thrown out by some on here, disappointing to say the least. Good news is the boy said the o-line has been bringing it all week in practice, hopefully a renewed Bison dominance come December and January. Signing off. GoBISON!

Stick around, it's not as bad as you think once you get acclimated. Congrats to you and your son--Solid.

And I'm a major Oline fan. Can't have enough Rams and love to see them on recruit list. Lived with a couple for 2-3 years as an LB. Great friends.

Go Bison!!

Honeybooboo
12-02-2016, 04:27 AM
Appears to be drunk people in this thread

Christopher Moen
12-02-2016, 04:57 AM
Appears to be drunk people in this thread

I admit that I'm diet soda-wasted all the time.

G_Funky
12-02-2016, 10:38 AM

i most certainly wouldn't mind a little press box window smashing by our OC after we run power 12 times in a row.

i hope the first offensive series of the game is power power power and then when they start to plug the middle hit them with G or jet sweep and when they load the box hit them pass power

idaf if their in gun, ace, or eye...they need to show usd they didn't come to eff around.

G_Funky
12-02-2016, 11:01 AM

don't bounce too quick. we have a difference in opinion, and you think mine is horrible. that's ok. i wasn't directing my posts at your kid, or really any kid on the team on a personal level, if you look at my original post i was directing my dissatisfaction at the coaching staff.

i played during some pretty pivotal times in ndsu history (first fbs win, first gw conf championship, first goofs win) and so ive seen and been around the program when the leaders within the team and the coaches demanded a certain level of accountability.

i also played during a dark time in ndsu football...we weren't very good on the field and off the field there were even more issues. i saw just how much was tolerated and the lack of leadership both within the team and from a coaching standpoint was easily our biggest downfall. no one was held accountable.

however, i attribute my time at ndsu (especially my senior year) to the reason behind the "turn around" in bison football (bc we were so bad, haha). it was clear the path they were following needed a drastic detour and that's what Bohl and Co did. they recruited character kids, they brought in character coaches, and they reinstalled the core values of ndsu football they were starting to dissipate.

so, when i question the overall attitude of program, it is because i have seen both ends
of the spectrum. you've seen it when ndsu was at its peak, not that that discredits you...because my "fan-dom" for ndsu athletics is not much more seasoned than yours. as a "never was" athlete, i still experienced all the cross roads that every athlete comes to and quite often it was the guys i called coach that led me or the team through those times.

my opinion of this years team is that there is an untapped amount of potential that is being hindered by the mentality of those leading the team.

hell, idk...maybe they all love fargo and they don't want to be tempted with another job offer somewhere else so they aren't dominating like they have in the past. (yes that's purple).

i can criticize all i want, and i totally respect when others don't agree with me. i also respect those same individuals for having the same common goal for 3 hrs on a saturday - cheer our asses off for the boys in green and yellow.

go bison \m/

CalBison97
12-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Nope you're wrong. Some Bisonville posters want every game won by 80 points...and then they get pissed because the games aren't closer and the competitions sucks.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161202/7e141af62911622d6f41ca8af0f24c3f.jpg

Son of a Bison
12-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Anybody lining up yet or even planning to get in line for tailgating? Playoffs are a different level of commitment especially with weather change.

Mr Meaty
12-02-2016, 01:31 PM
This shit gets real in 30 hours!!!!

StL Bison Fan
12-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Soup is on. Apple cider, hot pot, and Carmel vodka packed.
I'm ready

BisonNation11
12-02-2016, 01:47 PM
So I'm leaving my chiropractor appointment this morning and turn the radio on. A particular station has Jeff Culhane come on their program and they begin the segment with, "Well Jeff, it's finally here." And that's when it hit me. They were so pumped for Jeff to witness his first NDSU playoff game and here we are complaining about x, y and z. I think it's time to wake up Bisonville and Bison Nation as a whole. We're absolutely spoiled and it's ruining what a truly special time this is. Yes, NDSU is in the midst of a possible 6-peat. Something never accomplished at any level of football. But this team, this particular group of young men, haven't won themselves a national championship. Sure, they have rings from previous seasons, but this season is new. This team is new. Their identity is new. And I think that's why many of us love college football. What they have accomplished this season is remarkable. They just went through one of the toughest gauntlets of a schedule that many of us can remember and came out the other side with a 10-1 record. That's outstanding regardless of any expectations anyone had. Of course we're going to disagree about certain things and say how things should have been done differently. But let's stop with the BS and move forward together as a collective unit. Enough with the complaints, second-guessing, arm chair quarterbacking, and lack of faith in the coaching staff and players that we've supported so strongly for years. Tomorrow starts our favorite time of year and frankly, I don't want it to end early. So let's bring it! Let's enjoy what this season's team has provided for us! Let's show up and make the difference we all know we can! Let's come together for the common goal that is Frisco and give this team, program, and university the support it deserves! Time to get our attitudes adjusted into playoff mode! I'll end with a phrase that I love dearly but don't hear enough of these days. We're The Mighty Bison, Who the F*ck Are You?!?! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Bisonator98
12-02-2016, 01:50 PM
that's another thing that pisses me off...no damn board to learn anything from....CMON MAN. If your gunna play the game....Play all aspects of the game. I hate half-assed!

Exactly! We don't half ass shit around here it's whole ass or nothing!:biggrin:

runtheoption
12-02-2016, 01:55 PM
We're The Mighty Bison, Who the F*ck Are You?!?!

It the mutha effin playoffs! Fans, you have 1 job -- DO YOUR JOB!

Vet70
12-02-2016, 02:03 PM
It is finally here. For me, tomorrow is extremely important and represents far more than the necessity to win one playoff game and move on to the next round. How we handle USD is going to set the tone for the rest of the playoffs. It is time to flip the switch, smash these guys in the mouth and give the rest of the field something to think about.

TransAmBison
12-02-2016, 02:06 PM
It is finally here. For me, tomorrow is extremely important and represents far more than the necessity to win one playoff game and move on to the next round. How we handle USD is going to set the tone for the rest of the playoffs. It is time to flip the switch, smash these guys in the mouth and give the rest of the field something to think about.Yep...been thinking the same thing. If we struggle, the writing is on the wall.

scottietohottie
12-02-2016, 02:06 PM
You're a smelly pirate hooker!

Mr Meaty
12-02-2016, 02:15 PM

I always like that one!!

IzzyFlexion
12-02-2016, 02:22 PM

Is this Wilt Chamberlain?

scottietohottie
12-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Playoffs

Yes I do. Um I'm sorry it's the pleats.

oldmantutters
12-02-2016, 02:33 PM
Mike McFeely whining about hurt feelings this morning because NDSU practices aren't open to reporters. Is WDAY ever gonna get over the media restrictions? It's beyond fucking ridiculous at this point.

X-Factor
12-02-2016, 02:37 PM

Funny part is that SHSU fans still talk about that game as if it could have gone either way. My jaw almost hit the floor when I read that on AGS.

MontBison
12-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Mike McFeely whining about hurt feelings this morning because NDSU practices aren't open to reporters. Is WDAY ever gonna get over the media restrictions? It's beyond fucking ridiculous at this point.

What's rediculous is you listening to McFooly

oldmantutters
12-02-2016, 02:39 PM
I know, I know! I usually dont, I thought he was gonna talk more about the Vikings. It is off now.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
12-02-2016, 02:42 PM

Lol after 6 years or so you'd think they would have moved on by now. Aren't most schools closing practices now days?

scbison91
12-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Lol after 6 years or so you'd think they would have moved on by now. Aren't most schools closing practices now days? if you are a program that is serious you close practices...

Mr. Burgundy
12-02-2016, 03:21 PM

Yet, he will he has enjoyed a free trip to every game this year because of Bison businesses that continue to support him. It is very bizarre to me. If you are on my team, I will support you non stop, if you are a flip flopper, F you. You can't have life both ways in my humble opinion. He cannot wait to say I told you so in life. On any topic. Sit there on twitter and be high and mighty and be sarcastic like a wanna be Jim Souhan who is the worst. I cannot stand negative people. Yet, will send out texts...hey, do you have some tickets for my wife and daughter....they love NDSU.

Son of a Bison
12-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Don't want to jinx us but anyone know what conference the refs are from? Just being prepared.

Mr Pep Band
12-02-2016, 03:38 PM

Oh McFeely, I would classify him more as an opinionator, rather than an actual journalist or reporter. He seems to write/ tweet/ blog whatever will get the most hits. Forum Communications needs to get their poo poo together. :offtopic:

....Less then 24 hours to the opening of Playoff Tailgating!!!.........and 28 hours to KICKOFF!!!!!

Bison56
12-02-2016, 04:03 PM

^This

Ten char

Christopher Moen
12-02-2016, 06:52 PM
So I'm leaving my chiropractor appointment this morning and turn the radio on. A particular station has Jeff Culhane come on their program and they begin the segment with, "Well Jeff, it's finally here." And that's when it hit me. They were so pumped for Jeff to witness his first NDSU playoff game and here we are complaining about x, y and z. I think it's time to wake up Bisonville and Bison Nation as a whole. We're absolutely spoiled and it's ruining what a truly special time this is. Yes, NDSU is in the midst of a possible 6-peat. Something never accomplished at any level of football. But this team, this particular group of young men, haven't won themselves a national championship. Sure, they have rings from previous seasons, but this season is new. This team is new. Their identity is new. And I think that's why many of us love college football. What they have accomplished this season is remarkable. They just went through one of the toughest gauntlets of a schedule that many of us can remember and came out the other side with a 10-1 record. That's outstanding regardless of any expectations anyone had. Of course we're going to disagree about certain things and say how things should have been done differently. But let's stop with the BS and move forward together as a collective unit. Enough with the complaints, second-guessing, arm chair quarterbacking, and lack of faith in the coaching staff and players that we've supported so strongly for years. Tomorrow starts our favorite time of year and frankly, I don't want it to end early. So let's bring it! Let's enjoy what this season's team has provided for us! Let's show up and make the difference we all know we can! Let's come together for the common goal that is Frisco and give this team, program, and university the support it deserves! Time to get our attitudes adjusted into playoff mode! I'll end with a phrase that I love dearly but don't hear enough of these days. We're The Mighty Bison, Who the F*ck Are You?!?! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What is going through my head while reading your post:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-01-2014/BEDc1v.gif

cbline
12-02-2016, 07:22 PM
What is going through my head while reading your post:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-01-2014/BEDc1v.gif

"Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!"

Awesome scene!

CAS4127
12-02-2016, 07:28 PM
"Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!"

Awesome scene!

Are they here or in the air yet. Where the hell is our flight stalk .... I mean tracker?!

bisonforever
12-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Are they here or in the air yet. Where the hell is our flight stalk .... I mean tracker?!

They just finished their walk thu at the Dome.

gumby013
12-02-2016, 07:33 PM

Don't see the flight listed...

I might be distracted however, I am in line for Space Mountain.

CAS4127
12-02-2016, 07:46 PM
They just finished their walk thu at the Dome.

So you're saying they are here then?!

bisonforever
12-02-2016, 07:48 PM
So you're saying they are here then?!

One could come to that conclusion!

MAKBison
12-02-2016, 07:48 PM

Yes, i felt a change in rhe force.

CAS4127
12-02-2016, 07:52 PM
One could come to that conclusion!

My deductive reasoning skills are pretty impressive, aren't they?

C'mon--give me some love!!!!!

CAS4127
12-02-2016, 07:56 PM

JFC!!!! You do realize that the only game we lost this year was the one where you did not submit a flight sta ..... errrr ..... .tracker post???!!!!!

Christopher Moen
12-02-2016, 08:13 PM
JFC!!!! You do realize that the only game we lost this year was the one where you did not submit a flight sta ..... errrr ..... .tracker post???!!!!!

Wait, what, son of gun what are talking about? Are you telling me the bunnies fly to Fargo!

coloradobison
12-02-2016, 08:33 PM

They were in Fargo yesterday

GreenfieldBison
12-02-2016, 09:22 PM

Dude! It's the playoffs! Where's the focus???

BisonHorns
12-02-2016, 09:24 PM

I completely avoid anything with McFeely connected. He comes across as a parasite to our community.

ndsubison1
12-02-2016, 09:44 PM

Alert the authorities

KidZer0
12-02-2016, 09:51 PM
They were in Fargo yesterday

They landed yesterday at 7:15pm. Earlier this week somewhere I saw or heard that they try to travel Thursday to better acclimate to the time changes as many of their trips are 2 or 3 hour changes.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8650/history/20161201/2200Z/KSAN/KFAR

A1pigskin
12-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Can't wait for the noise.....

gumby013
12-02-2016, 10:20 PM
Alert the authorities

Not hard to find. Having dinner with Mickey shortly.

http://i.imgur.com/8v22lPQ.jpg

CAS4127
12-03-2016, 01:27 AM
Does anyone know where opponents stay in Fargo? Just curious on that front?

G_Funky
12-03-2016, 01:33 AM
Does anyone know where opponents stay in Fargo? Just curious on that front?

Holiday Inn on 13th.

Vet70
12-03-2016, 01:38 AM
Holiday Inn on 13th.

Leave a 3 am wake up call.

G_Funky
12-03-2016, 01:41 AM
Leave a 3 am wake up call.

i was thinking something more along the lines of hacking their TVs like the '94 Colombian National Team.

Bison"FANatic"
12-03-2016, 01:52 AM
Not hard to find. Having dinner with Mickey shortly.

http://i.imgur.com/8v22lPQ.jpg

When the FBI jumps off the Monorail at the Contempory remember they are not coming for Mickey it might be easier if you just give up.

I am looking forward to another 10 days down at the house that the mouse built in January.

CAS4127
12-03-2016, 01:53 AM
Holiday Inn on 13th.

Good--plenty of NDSU stuff there. When I was recruited, that's where they put me and other recruits.

Bison"FANatic"
12-03-2016, 02:01 AM
Their busses came from downtown direction for their walk through this afternoon.

Maybe they brought them up 10th from 13th but that isn't how I would have got to the dome from the Holiday Inn

CAS4127
12-03-2016, 03:11 AM
Their busses came from downtown direction for their walk through this afternoon.

Maybe they brought them up 10th from 13th but that isn't how I would have got to the dome from the Holiday Inn

That's a solid NDSU bus driver there. The longer the ride the better. Hope he takes them through Moorhead and across toll bridge in morning--they'll have to go back for change at the Cstore to the west.

CAS4127
12-03-2016, 04:26 AM
I'm pumped!! Let's roll Bison!!

ndsubison1
12-03-2016, 04:47 AM
Good--plenty of NDSU stuff there. When I was recruited, that's where they put me and other recruits.

A lot of teams stay at Radisson

Soup Can
12-03-2016, 05:45 AM
A lot of teams stay at Radisson

Confirmed. I spoke to their director of operations at dempsys tonight.

02Bison
12-03-2016, 10:21 AM
That's a solid NDSU bus driver there. The longer the ride the better. Hope he takes them through Moorhead and across toll bridge in morning--they'll have to go back for change at the Cstore to the west.

That's not a toll bridge any longer...