PDA

View Full Version : SRS - Simple Rating System

DIBISON
11-20-2016, 05:09 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

I question how much the selection committee used their own ranking criteria!

td577
11-20-2016, 05:42 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

I question how much the selection committee used their own ranking criteria!
I think they have said it is mostly used with the teams on the fringe, not so much for seeding.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
11-20-2016, 05:56 PM
I think they have said it is mostly used with the teams on the fringe, not so much for seeding.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Then I'd like them to explain NCAT, Weber, and UNH at large selections when they are all like 10 slots out of contention according to the committee's own SRS tool?

NDSU92
11-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Then I'd like them to explain NCAT, Weber, and UNH at large selections when they are all like 10 slos out of contention according to the committee's own SRS tool?

New Hampshire has been getting a lot of strange inclusions and high seeds, IMO. I know recently they had a guy on the committee and believe he was the chair for a while too...

bisonaudit
11-20-2016, 06:07 PM
I don’t know about all of that. Just trying to figure out what, if anything, the committee uses it for. Considerable effort was invested in putting the SRS together, but on the surface, it sure doesn't look like this committee put much stock in it.

unbison
11-20-2016, 06:10 PM
Then I'd like them to explain NCAT, Weber, and UNH at large selections when they are all like 10 slots out of contention according to the committee's own SRS tool?

Because they have more wins?

Professor Chaos
11-20-2016, 06:20 PM
The selection committee chair said in an interview with Craig Haley of STATS earlier this week that they use the SRS to determine SOS. Not sure if it really has any other purpose other than to try to quantify how good Team A's wins/schedule is in relation to Team B's wins/schedule.

bisonaudit
11-20-2016, 11:02 PM
The selection committee chair said in an interview with Craig Haley of STATS earlier this week that they use the SRS to determine SOS. Not sure if it really has any other purpose other than to try to quantify how good Team A's wins/schedule is in relation to Team B's wins/schedule.

That is just dumb.

unbison
11-21-2016, 01:06 AM
That is just dumb.

So ... you would put a 5-6 uni in a team with a losing record over.... Weber who was 7-4 or ncat at 9-2.... unsure how you can discount wins and losses no matter what sagarian says

BYZEN
11-21-2016, 01:36 AM
$imple Rating $ystem

bisonaudit
11-21-2016, 01:52 PM
So ... you would put a 5-6 uni in a team with a losing record over.... Weber who was 7-4 or ncat at 9-2.... unsure how you can discount wins and losses no matter what sagarian says

I'm saying if you think that the system is good enough to evaluate schedule strength objectively, than you either have to think it's good enough to evaluate the teams objectively or you don't understand what you're doing.