PDA

View Full Version : Klieman Finalist for STATS FCS Eddie Robison Award

THEsocalledfan
11-15-2016, 06:18 PM
http://www.gobison.com/news/2016/11/15/football-klieman-finalist-for-stats-fcs-eddie-robinson-award.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Congrats, coach!

Am I the only one that though it was strange the NDSU release did not mention Bohl won this twice?

G_Funky
11-15-2016, 06:43 PM
i'm more confused about the SoS comment...i was under the impression NDSU had the best SoS in the FCS by a long shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wagsabison
11-15-2016, 07:06 PM
i'm more confused about the SoS comment...i was under the impression NDSU had the best SoS in the FCS by a long shot?

Somewhere I saw posted that Cal Poly's opponent win percentage was slightly better.

DM05
11-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Congrats Coach, very deserving! Lost quite a lot of talent in last year's seniors and plenty of adversity this year.

As far as SOS: Massey and Hero Sports have us first, we are actually 2nd in the Sagarin SOS for FCS teams to Missouri St. All depends what goes into the formula.

Christopher Moen
11-15-2016, 07:25 PM

Got to remember NDSU hurts itself due to all the loses it gives its opponents compared to other teams.

Christopher Moen
11-15-2016, 07:29 PM
2016 STATS FCS Eddie Robinson Award Finalists
Brian Bohannon, Kennesaw State
Rod Broadway, North Carolina A&T
Steve Campbell, Central Arkansas
Andy Coen, Lehigh
Broderick Fobbs, Grambling State.
Mike Houston, James Madison
K.C. Keeler, Sam Houston State
Chris Klieman, North Dakota State
Dale Lindsey, San Diego
Jerry Mack, North Carolina Central
Bubba Schwiegert, North Dakota
Jason Simpson, UT Martin
Bob Surace, Princeto
Brent Thompson, The Citadel
Chris Villarrial, Saint Francis

Not a fan of EWU, but I find it a bit strange to not have Beau Baldwin on this list.

CAS4127
11-15-2016, 07:33 PM
Not a fan of EWU, but I find it a bit strange to not have Beau Baldwin on this list.

Can there only be one per conference. IDK--just asking.

MNLonghorn10
11-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Congrats Coach, very deserving! Lost quite a lot of talent in last year's seniors and plenty of adversity this year.

As far as SOS: Massey and Hero Sports have us first, we are actually 2nd in the Sagarin SOS for FCS teams to Missouri St. All depends what goes into the formula.
Wouldn't missouri states be bolstered because they played a high ranked ndsu while ndsus would be damaged after playing crappy missouri state

Christopher Moen
11-15-2016, 07:40 PM

Good question, but if so, Baldwin in my opinion is a better candidate than Bubba just based on team performance and schedule. Not to take away from Bubba's accomplishments, but if UND and EWU switched schedules, EWU is undefeated and UND is not going to the playoffs.

wagsabison
11-15-2016, 07:41 PM

Looks like U of Central Arkansas and SHSU are on the list. I think they are both Southland.

Strategery
11-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Wouldn't missouri states be bolstered because they played a high ranked ndsu while ndsus would be damaged after playing crappy missouri state

Well, sure, but we played Chuck South, EWU, and Iowa while they played SW College, Murray St, and K State...
Something doesn't make sense.

BYZEN
11-15-2016, 08:37 PM
#BUTTBubbles deserves it.... because Bresciani... :facepalm2:

Professor Chaos
11-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Somewhere I saw posted that Cal Poly's opponent win percentage was slightly better.

Yeah, if you go by the computer rankings which look at more than just the W-L record of the teams you've played I'm pretty sure NDSU is tops in the FCS by a good margin. That official NCAA SOS doesn't really punish teams for beating crappy teams with good records. For instance, Cal Poly beat 9-1 University of San Diego who is rated just below 4-7 Indiana St by Sagarin.

1993bison
11-15-2016, 09:43 PM
#BUTTBubbles deserves it.... because Bresciani... :facepalm2:
I can't wait for the State Board of Higher education to be tipped off. I'm sure Port will find some sort of evidence for a conspiracy theory.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
11-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Well, sure, but we played Chuck South, EWU, and Iowa while they played SW College, Murray St, and K State...
Something doesn't make sense.

AND NDSU. 2 top 50 teams while NDSU has only played 1 + Missouri St

Strategery
11-16-2016, 12:48 AM
AND NDSU. 2 top 50 teams while NDSU has only played 1 + Missouri St

Yes. You said that already. I was pointing out that the rest of our schedules are relevant as well. Sure, we are better than Missouri State. Way better. But Iowa is better than K State and EWU and Chuck are way better than Murray St. and SW College (D2). It seems weird that NDSU being better than Missouri St. outweighs BY ITSELF our 3 OOC games being better than theirs. But then again I have no idea how Sagarin computes his SOS ratings. Is it just a straight average of all their opponents' Sagarin ratings or are some teams weighted more than others?