11-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Still shit but a smaller pile.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Can't wait for the SHSU melt on AGS...

THEsocalledfan
11-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Can't wait for the SHSU melt on AGS...

Yep, I'm sure the "we have no idea what we are doing thing" will fly well. And they STILL have it wrong.

thebootfitter
11-10-2016, 08:23 PM
1. JSU
2. EWU
3. NDSU
4. JMU
5. SHSU
6. The Citadel
7. Chattanooga
8. Richmond
9. UCA
10. UND
Issues? Primarily how they can justify Citadel below SHSU and JSU above either EWU or NDSU. Other than that... I don't see anything too glaring on the surface.

Schwarz04
11-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Still makes very little sense.

VirginiaBison
11-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Still makes no sense. Committee must just be amusing themselves jerking teams around and getting fan bases roiled up. A publicity stunt. But also continues to make FCS a joke.

NEBison
11-10-2016, 08:26 PM
I just don't see how EWU will stay ahead of NDSU. They damn well might be the best team in the FCS this year, but head to head has to win out during seeding. I'd way rather end up going to JSU than to EWU

wagsabison
Still not sure I agree with JSU above us but they did have some movement. Granted their only loss was to LSU but we beat Iowa. Apparently an FBS win isn't as good as an FBS loss???

Personally I think an FBS win should cancel out an FCS loss... it'll probably be different next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DM05
They've at least acknowledged Sammy's awful schedule.

Top 3: all 8-1, but they rank the team with a D2 win and no FCS loss over the two with P5 FBS wins and one FCS loss. And the head to head game almost means more as a loss to EWU than as a win for NDSU.

Still inconsistent use of basic criteria.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2016, 08:34 PM
I don't get what is going on with JSU at all. It is almost like NDSU and EWU would be ranked above them if they had lost their FBS games but won the one FCS game they dropped...which makes no sense at all.

The Citadel also seems weird, it is like they think they will lose to North Carolina so they are just going to keep them at #6.

Professor Chaos
11-10-2016, 08:35 PM
OVC representative on the selection committee:

Greg Seitz
Director of Athletics
Jacksonville State University

:innocent:

thebootfitter
11-10-2016, 08:39 PM
I just don't see how EWU will stay ahead of NDSU. They damn well might be the best team in the FCS this year, but head to head has to win out during seeding. I'd way rather end up going to JSU than to EWU
This has been discussed many times. A head-to-head overtime loss in the Dome isn't enough to clearly distinguish EWU and NDSU. It's basically a wash. Sure, NDSU ended up on the "right" side of the score, but what would have happened at EWU? Or a neutral field? That game alone isn't enough to push NDSU over them.

So... look at the rest of the schedules. Arguably, NDSU played a tougher schedule overall, but EWU beat a better P5 opponent. No clear distinction here either.

So... look at losses. EWU only lost a close overtime game to the #1 team in the nation at their house. NDSU lost to a top-10/15 SDSU. Who has the better loss? EWU.

Therefore, it is very easy and quite justifiable to have EWU on top of NDSU. Not saying this is how I think it should be, but if you can't see it, then take off the blinders.

56BISON73
11-10-2016, 08:42 PM
This has been discussed many times. A head-to-head overtime loss in the Dome isn't enough to clearly distinguish EWU and NDSU. It's basically a wash. Sure, NDSU ended up on the "right" side of the score, but what would have happened at EWU? Or a neutral field? That game alone isn't enough to push NDSU over them.

So... look at the rest of the schedules. Arguably, NDSU played a tougher schedule overall, but EWU beat a better P5 opponent. No clear distinction here either.

So... look at losses. EWU only lost a close overtime game to the #1 team in the nation at their house. NDSU lost to a top-10/15 SDSU. Who has the better loss? EWU.

Therefore, it is very easy and quite justifiable to have EWU on top of NDSU. Not saying this is how I think it should be, but if you can't see it, then take off the blinders.

That's reasonable.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2016, 08:42 PM

Greg Seitz
Director of Athletics

The OVC basically has two people on the committee since Morehead State is an OVC school but plays football in the Pioneer.

NEBison
11-10-2016, 08:44 PM

So a team with a better strength of schedule and a head to head win is ranked lower? I understand what you're saying, but i don't agree with it.

BraxtonT
11-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Still shit but a smaller pile.

This is what I fear happening. A rematch of NDSU-EWU is BS, whether in Cheney or Fargo. I would not have a problem remaining at #3 with EWU being at #1. As it stands now, they are trying to give JSU the easier path, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to Richmond in the quarters. I would love to see SDSU thrown into their pod and bounce them in the round of 16.

An all CAA semifinal (rematch) and a MVFC-Big Sky semifinal (rematch) is not what football fans deserve. Let's all be Washington State fans, as that appears the only way to unseat JSU from the #1 slot, which they have not earned on the field. The OVC is overrepresented on this committee.

wagsabison
11-10-2016, 08:48 PM
So a team with a better strength of schedule and a head to head win is ranked lower? I understand what you're saying, but i don't agree with it.

I think you could argue EWU is playing better right now too.

thebootfitter
11-10-2016, 08:50 PM
I agree. I don't agree with it either. But it really comes down to which criteria is weighted more in their rankings. Hard to predict or decipher, but it generally appears they are weighing the quality of losses more heavily than strength of schedule. Also probably considering margin of victory and consistency, both of which I think would put EWU ahead of NDSU.

I think you could argue EWU is playing better right now too.
Arguably, yes. Kind of goes along with the margin of victory and consistency.

Professor Chaos
11-10-2016, 08:53 PM

I have no problem with EWU being ahead of NDSU because I honestly think their loss to NDSU does more for them than NDSU's win over EWU does for us. However, if you look at the quality of wins after the first 2 or 3 between each team NDSU starts smoking them when you get into wins #4, #5, #6, etc. Again though, I have no issue with EWU being ahead of NDSU.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2016, 08:55 PM
The big thing here is that they are open to change.

I think when they actually spend some time and think about it NDSU or EWU will be #1.

NEBison
11-10-2016, 08:56 PM

I think when they actually spend some time and think about it NDSU or EWU will be #1.

I agree and more than likely 1 & 2

BisonNation11
11-10-2016, 09:02 PM

So an overtime win on NDSU's first play during it's first possession vs. EWU isn't the same as a 2 second loss at the end of the game to SDSU? We're talking the difference of seconds in a game. Not sure how that easily justifies EWU over NDSU. A head to head win is a head to head win. Committee can't live in a world of hypotheticals of "what if played here" or "what if played at different time of season". NDSU won. Records are the same. Both lost to a top 10 FCS team. Both beat an FBS team. NDSU's SOS and head to head win should have them above EWU. No blinders. Don't even get me started on JSU. The committee is being lazy and not treating this as seriously as they should. Glad to see SHSU get a dose of reality.

Bison Bridge Guy
11-10-2016, 09:04 PM
So an overtime win on NDSU's first play during it's first possession vs. EWU isn't the same as a 2 second loss at the end of the game to SDSU? We're talking the difference of seconds in a game. Not sure how that easily justifies EWU over NDSU. A head to head win is a head to head win. Committee can't live in a world of hypotheticals of "what if played here" or "what if played at different time of season". NDSU won. Records are the same. Both lost to a top 10 FCS team. Both beat an FBS team. NDSU's SOS and head to head win should have them above EWU. No blinders. Don't even get me started on JSU. The committee is being lazy and not treating this as seriously as they should. Glad to see SHSU get a dose of reality.

You guys are thinking way more about this than they are. From what he said on the radio last week, they are above us because we lost a conference game. That was really their only measurement in last week's rankings - what are each team's strengths relative to their conference?

Mr Meaty
11-10-2016, 09:05 PM
I really think at the end of the regular season assuming NDSU and EWU win out, we will be #1 AND #2. . They could still be ahead of us but as long as the road goes through Fargodome.

Bison Bridge Guy
11-10-2016, 09:06 PM

You guys are thinking way more about this than they are. From what he said on the radio last week, they are above us because we lost a conference game. That was really their only measurement in last week's rankings - what are each team's strengths relative to their conference?

thebootfitter
11-10-2016, 09:08 PM

Completely agree with your first thought. The second... I'm not so sure about. Hard to predict what they'll do and what parameters they'll use.

Depends on your perspective. Not everyone will see it the same way, and there are certainly valid arguments for both EWU and NDSU. If it were up to me, I think the head-to-head and overall tougher schedule would put NDSU on top, but someone else may find EWU's win over Wazzu impressive enough to bump them up. Or their high-powered offense compared to our sputtering offense. Hard to say.

EndZoneQB
11-10-2016, 09:09 PM
I really think at the end of the regular season assuming NDSU and EWU win out, we will be #1 AND #2. . They could still be ahead of us but as long as the road goes through Fargodome.

I tend to agree. I think this is them taking a step towards moving EWU and us up without doing the leapfrog the final week. Next week I think EWU and JSU switch spots. The final week, barring us losing, which is entirely possible in Vermillion, we will overtake JSU.

wagsabison
11-10-2016, 09:11 PM
The committee is stupid because the team they originally ranked #1 is #5 now. Dumbest idea ever to release this stuff if you don't take it serious from the start.

garbageman
11-10-2016, 09:13 PM
As the dipshits up north say #leavenodoubt these next to games. Let's kick ass

Bison03
11-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Quality of you losses should be a factor to consider, but it should be behind head to head. If you are looking at two teams with the same record both with FBS wins, and wondering who should be ranked higher, and they played each other; you go with the winner!! The committee is overthinking this. If NDSU and SDSU both win out as they should; we will be the champions of the toughest conference in the FCS and our only loss would be to the co-champs of that conference. That should be enough to get us the 1 or 2.

Professor Chaos
11-10-2016, 09:19 PM
There's actually a pretty big game going on in Lynchburg, Virginia this weekend in respect to the NDSU/JSU argument. Liberty hosts Charleston Southern in what is likely the Big South title game. If Liberty wins that game it gives some credibility to JSU's schedule since Liberty, as of right now, is JSU's 2nd best win by a mile. If Chuck South wins, they very likely win the Big South (they'd still have to beat Kennesaw St the week after) but that gives some credibility back to an NDSU win that lost a lot of it last week. Obviously the loser of that game is most likely out of the playoffs so it can't really be counted as a high quality win by either JSU or NDSU.

I'd say JSU needs Liberty to win more than NDSU needs CSU to win since the Bison have a buttload of quality wins to fall back on but Liberty losing could be the nudge the committee needs to finally bump JSU down.

Hammerhead
11-10-2016, 09:25 PM
if NDSU has 2 easy wins, I bet they will put us at #2 and leave EWU at #1 if the Eagles beat their next two opponents who have a total of 5 wins between them.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2016, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't mind being #2 at all...especially if JSU is the team at #3.

EC8CH
11-10-2016, 09:31 PM

Reasonable explanation but as other's have said, requires more twists and turns than a pretzel to explain away the head to head loss.
There are no reasonable explanations for JSU being ranked above EWU and NDSU other than the OVC enjoying basically double representation with one being the chair and the other being the JSU AD.

thebootfitter
11-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Reasonable explanation but as other's have said, but requires more twists and turns than a pretzel to explain away the head to head loss.
I disagree that it takes many twists and turns, but that's kind of the point. It's okay to have multiple perspectives on how to rank teams. I'm personally more of a proponent of using an objective measure like Sagarin (which clearly has NDSU on top), but that has some limitations and drawbacks too.

Quality of you losses should be a factor to consider, but it should be behind head to head. If you are looking at two teams with the same record both with FBS wins, and wondering who should be ranked higher, and they played each other; you go with the winner!! The committee is overthinking this. If NDSU and SDSU both win out as they should; we will be the champions of the toughest conference in the FCS and our only loss would be to the co-champs of that conference. That should be enough to get us the 1 or 2.
I agree with you, but that's only one perspective. As always, there is more than one way to look at things, and there isn't a clear "right" way to do it for all parties involved in the decision.

DM05
11-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Sam Houston is still above the Citadel as well. Shows the committee isn't taking full resume into account yet, because by any measure Citadel has a better resume.

JSU won't hold up to being ranked ahead of EWU and NDSU.

RedRiver
11-10-2016, 09:40 PM

The fact is NDSU won the head to head. It doesn't matter what WOULD have happened at EWU or a neutral field. The fact is NDSU won the head to head, I think that those that have EWU ranked ahead of NDSU are the ones with blinders on.

thebootfitter
11-10-2016, 09:43 PM
The fact is NDSU won the head to head. It doesn't matter what WOULD have happened at EWU or a neutral field. The fact is NDSU won the head to head, I think that those that have EWU ranked ahead of NDSU are the ones with blinders on.
Fair enough. You've got an opinion. The committee has theirs. Unfortunately for us... the committee's opinion is the one that matters. (Until we prove them wrong on the field.)

EC8CH
11-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Fair enough. You've got an opinion. The committee has theirs. Unfortunately for us... the committee's opinion is the one that matters. (Until we prove them wrong on the field.)

I see what you did there.

CalBison97
11-10-2016, 10:09 PM
We have to annhilate (30+ pt margin of victory) Indiana St and USD before they consider moving us up a notch. It is clear we have not done enough in their eyes to garner a 1 or 2 seed. Full throttle all 4 quarters...it matters.

HerdBot
11-10-2016, 10:12 PM
If we're 3 we might as well be 4. Same difference. But props for actually making a change and showing the willingness to do it

bisonaudit
11-10-2016, 10:29 PM
We have to annhilate (30+ pt margin of victory) Indiana St and USD before they consider moving us up a notch. It is clear we have not done enough in their eyes to garner a 1 or 2 seed. Full throttle all 4 quarter...it matters.

Yep, can't put margin of victory in any computer model that the NCAA might use to help them make these decisions because it encourages "bad behavior". But it's OK if a bunch of subjective humans tacitly encouraging the same thing by releasing their thoughts about playoff rankings for a month before they actually make the actual decision because, "controversy sells".

NDSUstudent
11-10-2016, 10:35 PM
JSU barely beating SEMO didn't exactly seem to break the committee's resolve on putting them at #1.

EC8CH
11-10-2016, 10:37 PM
JSU barely beating SEMO didn't exactly seem to break the committee's resolve on putting them at #1.

They held them to a single touchdown though. :rofl:

thebootfitter
11-10-2016, 10:37 PM
Don't worry... they'll give it an even more serious look next week! (Purple???)

StL Bison Fan
11-10-2016, 10:45 PM
Perhaps they were moving teams slowly to save face. Think of the dust up if they just moved EW and NDSU up.

EC8CH
11-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Perhaps they were moving teams slowly to save face. Think of the dust up if they just moved EW and NDSU up.

#BUTLSU

The list of losses for the top 3 teams:

LSU
NDSU
SDSU

Only rational explanation for the order of the top 3.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Bearkat fans are melting...

Before thy got to get an earful of Bison (shit the idiot Canadians can't even say Bison right) logic they used all sensibility to do the first weeks rankings.

Week 2 voter intimidation...

NDSUstudent
11-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Cool chart from AGS...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23841&stc=1

MNLonghorn10
11-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Bearkat fans are melting...

The mouth breathers in Huntsville should be embarrassed for even making a case for Sam Houston to be a top 4 team. We all know the cheese dick schedule they've played will give them zero advantage come playoffs. As we've seen them lose by an average of 24 points per game to NDSU

bljybb3
11-10-2016, 11:52 PM
Reasonable explanation but as other's have said, requires more twists and turns than a pretzel to explain away the head to head loss.
There are no reasonable explanations for JSU being ranked above EWU and NDSU other than the OVC enjoying basically double representation with one being the chair and the other being the JSU AD.

This is my biggest concern. All reasonable thought should conclude with NDSU and EWU as the top 2 seeds assuming both win out. You can argue EWU over NDSU as some have done and you can also argue NDSU over EWU. Ultimately it won't matter if both are top 2. But for the above reason (OVC double representation and JSU AD on the committee) I have a sinking feeling that JSU is going to get the EXTREME benefit of the doubt and stay in the top 2. Which is a complete and total joke. They have zero wins that remotely compare to NDSU's wins over Iowa and EWU. I hope I'm wrong but I think they "corrected" SHSU but JSU is going to continue to get "home cooking" from the committee.

stevdock
11-11-2016, 01:29 AM
Like it or not we had a much easier route to Frisco last week.

td577
11-11-2016, 01:40 AM
This is my biggest concern. All reasonable thought should conclude with NDSU and EWU as the top 2 seeds assuming both win out. You can argue EWU over NDSU as some have done and you can also argue NDSU over EWU. Ultimately it won't matter if both are top 2. But for the above reason (OVC double representation and JSU AD on the committee) I have a sinking feeling that JSU is going to get the EXTREME benefit of the doubt and stay in the top 2. Which is a complete and total joke. They have zero wins that remotely compare to NDSU's wins over Iowa and EWU. I hope I'm wrong but I think they "corrected" SHSU but JSU is going to continue to get "home cooking" from the committee.

I think they made a correction with SHSU. I also didn't think they would go that far, that quickly, though.

I also think when the committee gets together and puts it all on the table it will be very tough to keep defending JSU at #1. Every single tool they have out there clearly indicates who the #1 and #2 schools are in FCS. The only thing NDSU doesn't have on their resume is huge margins of victory because they play a much tougher schedule, yet we are still only talking about JSU beating teams by 13.8 points per game and NDSU beating teams by 10.7 points per game. SHSU is just running up the score on a lot of schools that straight up suck and also give up almost 4 TDs a game.

This is what I would want if I was on the committee:
1. NDSU or EWU
2. EWU or NDSU
3. JSU
4. JMU
5. SHSU

If SHSU is somewhat for real, they will make it past JMU. You would present the chance for the next best teams outside the top 2 to make a trip to Frisco by beating the schools who had the best seasons in terms of SOS and records vs. that SOS. If the top two seeds hold true, it would be the best possible matchup in January you could hope for. Offense vs. Defense. A rematch of OT teams. Packed house. Schools in the future will not be scared to take chances in the regular season to challenge their programs by scheduling better competition. You absolutely can't get into any scenario where a school gets punished by having a tough schedule by choice and they perform well through it. JSU and SHSU should not be rewarded for the cupcakes regardless if they can't pick the conference they are in. They can pick the OOC games. JSU did a little better job with a FBS school and CCU.

HerdBot
11-11-2016, 01:47 AM
I've never ever been a fan of running up the score but if we're up late vs Indiana State we better do it. Normally we would just run out the clock. This stuff matters apparently.

BisoninNWMN
11-11-2016, 01:51 AM
I have no problem with EWU being ahead of NDSU because I honestly think their loss to NDSU does more for them than NDSU's win over EWU does for us. However, if you look at the quality of wins after the first 2 or 3 between each team NDSU starts smoking them when you get into wins #4, #5, #6, etc. Again though, I have no issue with EWU being ahead of NDSU.

Overall, #1 or #2 doesn't mean much, both have home field. But I still think NDSU should be ranked over EWU. Head/head win should trump anything else if they end up both 10-1.

IMO

Bison bison
11-11-2016, 02:10 AM
head to head means you should e higher seeded. would feel the same way if the situation was reversed.

X-Factor
11-11-2016, 02:42 AM
I wouldn't mind being #2 at all...especially if JSU is the team at #3.

Exactly. I see JSU as the weakest in the top 6 or 7. May not turn out that way, but they sure are underwhelming and if they have similar lineman to last year...

ByeSonBusiness
11-11-2016, 02:49 AM

Apparently it does matter. NDSU won an overtime game...at home. I don't agree with it either but it's not unheard of at all.

X-Factor
11-11-2016, 02:58 AM
I think they made a correction with SHSU. I also didn't think they would go that far, that quickly, though.

I also think when the committee gets together and puts it all on the table it will be very tough to keep defending JSU at #1. Every single tool they have out there clearly indicates who the #1 and #2 schools are in FCS. The only thing NDSU doesn't have on their resume is huge margins of victory because they play a much tougher schedule, yet we are still only talking about JSU beating teams by 13.8 points per game and NDSU beating teams by 10.7 points per game. SHSU is just running up the score on a lot of schools that straight up suck and also give up almost 4 TDs a game.

1. NDSU or EWU
2. EWU or NDSU
3. JSU
4. JMU
5. SHSU

If SHSU is somewhat for real, they will make it past JMU. You would present the chance for the next best teams outside the top 2 to make a trip to Frisco by beating the schools who had the best seasons in terms of SOS and records vs. that SOS. If the top two seeds hold true, it would be the best possible matchup in January you could hope for. Offense vs. Defense. A rematch of OT teams. Packed house. Schools in the future will not be scared to take chances in the regular season to challenge their programs by scheduling better competition. You absolutely can't get into any scenario where a school gets punished by having a tough schedule by choice and they perform well through it. JSU and SHSU should not be rewarded for the cupcakes regardless if they can't pick the conference they are in. They can pick the OOC games. JSU did a little better job with a FBS school and CCU.

I'm not sure what you mean by "if SHSU is somewhat for real they will make it past JSU." JSU is a freaking good team! Easily could take out any team on a given saturday

td577
11-11-2016, 03:01 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "if SHSU is somewhat for real they will make it past JSU." JSU is a freaking good team! Easily could take out any team on a given saturday
I said JMU. It would pit two schools with interesting seasons against each other in the quarters.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

X-Factor
11-11-2016, 03:42 AM
I said JMU. It would pit two schools with interesting seasons against each other in the quarters.

meant to say JMU. Was thinking JMU, but typed JSU.

ndsubison1
11-11-2016, 03:49 AM
Citadel may give North Carolina a run for their money

2011BisonAlumni
11-11-2016, 04:32 AM
Sam Houston is still above the Citadel as well. Shows the committee isn't taking full resume into account yet, because by any measure Citadel has a better resume.

JSU won't hold up to being ranked ahead of EWU and NDSU.

People also said Donald Trump wouldn't be elected.

MAKBison
11-11-2016, 05:04 AM

Those paying attention did....the question i have is the Committee even paying attention. I am not sure they are.

Rock
11-11-2016, 12:09 PM
I've never ever been a fan of running up the score but if we're up late vs Indiana State we better do it. Normally we would just run out the clock. This stuff matters apparently.

If late scoring is done while continuing to run out clock but getting some conversions with the subs in I agree.

Otherwise Bison Pride>committee/seeding.

No reason leaving starters in with goal to embarrass a conference opponent. Not in an attempt to accommodate some unknown standard.

Winning is Gr8
11-11-2016, 12:19 PM
i would rather be #4 than #3 right now- both an away game in semis but i don't want EW until Frisco. Without Nick D and Tangway i see EW as our biggest threat.

Professor Chaos
11-11-2016, 12:24 PM
i would rather be #4 than #3 right now- both an away game in semis but i don't want EW until Frisco. Without Nick D and Tangway i see EW as our biggest threat.
I'd rather have #3 right because there's two weeks to go and it's closer to #1 and #2.

BisoninNWMN
11-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Citadel may give North Carolina a run for their money

Maybe but doubt it....they handled an option team in Georgia Tech pretty well....48-20

Buffalo.Rider
11-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Here are the strength of schedule numbers from Sagarin. Teams below are in the order the playoff committee currently has them ranked.
If SOS matters, NDSU will end up being a #1 or #2 seed, and JSU will have to drop to at least #3.

172 Jacksonville St.
124 Eastern Washington
101 NDSU
189 James Madison
227 Sam Houston State
166 Citadel
195 Chattanooga
167 Richmond
205 Central Arkansas
182 North Dakota

I don't know why Villanova and South Dakota State are not in the Top 10. Here are their SOS numbers

183 Villanova
132 South Dakota State

td577
11-11-2016, 01:14 PM
meant to say JMU. Was thinking JMU, but typed JSU.

My rationale for saying what I did is not that I don't think JMU is a bad team, I just don't think the CAA has been as tough as they have been in the past. I also think if JMU beats Villanova and wins out, they should be considered for a #4 seed. If SHSU wins out they will knock Cent. Arkansas out of a chance for a seed and SHSU will be considered for a top 4 seed because simply they are undefeated. Still with no signature wins on the season, I think the only logical place for them is #5. They will get seeded higher because of the undefeated schedule. I am also saying if SHSU and JMU were to get to the quarters and SHSU wins, it would certainly be evidence they aren't as bad as we all think with their SOS.

JSU at #3 and The Citadel at #6 would end up being a good matchup. The Citadel is kind of getting the shaft in all of this because they probably should be ranked higher than JMU and SHSU, but they probably won't. There probably will be some upsets along the way. There are a lot of schools in the top 10 that can cause problems for anyone. Drop JSU to #3 and 4,5,6 right now, if everyone wins out, will probably be in those spots but maybe in a different order.

1993bison
11-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Sad but true. JMU put up 80 on 2 opponents. NDSU would never do that to a conference foe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Winning is Gr8
11-11-2016, 02:05 PM
I'd rather have #3 right because there's two weeks to go and it's closer to #1 and #2.

Agree- but i just don't want to be playing EW before Frisco.

bisonmike2
11-11-2016, 02:13 PM

Greg Seitz
Director of Athletics

This has got to be why JSU holds onto that top spot. Even listening to their fans you get the sense that they were somehow wronged in the championship game last year. They are completely ignoring the fact that they got their asses handed to them by a better team. They are doing everything they can to make it difficult for us. The top 2 should be EWU/NDSU in any order. Personally I lean to having EWU higher than us, but anyone who doesn't have that combo at 1 and 2 are simply not paying attention to FCS football or they have ulterior motives. Or to put it a simplier way, they are either stupid or crooked. So which is it Greg Seitz? Are you stupid? Or crooked?

Professor Chaos
11-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Any word on whether selection committee chair guy is going back on The Insiders or Kolpack & Izzo this week? Last week Jeff C said on air that they'd like to have him on each week leading up to the playoffs but I haven't heard anything about him being on today. I'd love to hear the rationale from the committee discussions on why they dropped SHSU but not JSU.

BisoninNWMN
11-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Any word on whether selection committee chair guy is going back on The Insiders or Kolpack & Izzo this week? Last week Jeff C said on air that they'd like to have him on each week leading up to the playoffs but I haven't heard anything about him being on today. I'd love to hear the rationale from the committee discussions on why they dropped SHSU but not JSU.

Earlier in the week Culhane said maybe they would give him a break this week.....but maybe that has changed.

GreenfieldBison
11-11-2016, 02:28 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2016-11-10/college-football-rankings-schedules-factor-2nd-fcs-committee-poll

Professor Chaos
11-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Earlier in the week Culhane said maybe they would give him a break this week.....but maybe that has changed.
Would make sense. I'm guessing that's also why NCAA.com released that story yesterday about the rankings in a proactive attempt to answer questions about the movement this week.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2016-11-10/college-football-rankings-schedules-factor-2nd-fcs-committee-poll
Yeah, that one. But even the author himself questions how, if they're looking heavily at SOS, The Citadel is at #6 when their schedule to date has been stronger than JSU's.

bisonhp330
11-11-2016, 02:30 PM

I despise you. Posts based on facts that make sense and are hard to argue have no place in this thread or any other thread. You ,sir, should be banned.

Bison 4 Life
11-11-2016, 02:54 PM
I win should always be better than a loss. That's the point.

runtheoption
11-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Lot of different teams being talked about throughout this thread and on AGS, and different opinions on what order they could be in for seeding. One thing that is clear to me, is that the FCS is a pretty wide open race to the finish this year, and the playoffs will be fun to watch! Maybe not as much for the casual fan that just follows their team, but for the diehards that take the time to post on message boards and follow all of FCS.

2011BisonAlumni
11-11-2016, 03:13 PM
5 championships in a row. Have gone 8-1 playing the hardest schedule in the FCS. I just don't know how you can justify not placing this team number 1.

imabison
11-11-2016, 03:20 PM
5 championships in a row. Have gone 8-1 playing the hardest schedule in the FCS. I just don't know how you can justify not placing this team number 1.

Perhaps they just do not want to put NDSU as number 1, polls are not always fair...

oldmantutters
11-11-2016, 03:24 PM

Though I agree that NDSU should be ranked #1, this team has won 0 championships. I'm not saying that past performance shouldn't enter into the thinking, it should be a very small sliver lower down the checklist. One thing I haven't really seen mentioned in this post, the post from last week, or anything on AGS, is when the chairman was talking about how they really had only looked at conferences as a whole. With that line of thinking alone NDSU and EWU should have been at the top of the heap, and as much as it pains me to say it UND and SDSU (and/or YSU) probably should have both squeeked on to the top 10 list. Those teams are at the top of the two conferences who have really kind of set themselves apart from the others.

bisonaudit
11-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Though I agree that NDSU should be ranked #1, this team has won 0 championships. I'm not saying that past performance shouldn't enter into the thinking, it should be a very small sliver lower down the checklist. One thing I haven't really seen mentioned in this post, the post from last week, or anything on AGS, is when the chairman was talking about how they really had only looked at conferences as a whole. With that line of thinking alone NDSU and EWU should have been at the top of the heap, and as much as it pains me to say it UND and SDSU (and/or YSU) probably should have both squeeked on to the top 10 list. Those teams are at the top of the two conferences who have really kind of set themselves apart from the others.

The only conference that has set themselves apart from the others is the MVFC. The Big Sky is right there with the Southern and the Colonial in the second tier but the gap from them up the the MVFC is large. NDSU and EWU top 2 in some order (I'd put NDSU 1st but it does't really matter). SDSU and YSU should be in the top 10. UND is not a top 10 team today. They've won a lot of games but they haven't beaten anyone they're probably the 4th or 5th best team in the Big Sky.

oldmantutters
11-11-2016, 03:43 PM
The only conference that has set themselves apart from the others is the MVFC. The Big Sky is right there with the Southern and the Colonial in the second tier but the gap from them up the the MVFC is large. NDSU and EWU top 2 in some order (I'd put NDSU 1st but it does't really matter). SDSU and YSU should be in the top 10. UND is not a top 10 team today. They've won a lot of games but they haven't beaten anyone they're probably the 4th or 5th best team in the Big Sky.
And that's a conversation I can get behind. I know that you follow these things more closely than I, so I definitely respect your opinion. But what I am having a hard time understanding is how there seems to be zero organization to compiling these rankings by the committee. Who organized that shit? UND?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
11-11-2016, 03:44 PM

That's right. This team hasn't even won a conference championship. Yet.

Bison bison
11-11-2016, 03:46 PM

?

Holy sh#t!?!

What did I miss.

I just got online after getting back from a fishing trip.

bisonaudit
11-11-2016, 03:49 PM
And that's a conversation I can get behind. I know that you follow these things more closely than I, so I definitely respect your opinion. But what I am having a hard time understanding is how there seems to be zero organization to compiling these rankings by the committee. Who organized that shit? UND?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'm having a hard time understanding it as well. It isn't as if there wasn't a road map out there for this. Think what you will about their work product, but the committee at the FBS level did a tremendous job with their initial roll out a couple of years ago. Maybe it's because the NCAA isn't actually in charge of that one.

Bison bison
11-11-2016, 03:54 PM
No, it's because they had people taking their responsibility seriously.

Let's be honest, few ADs have a f'n clue about which FCS schools are best and don't want to take the time to learn. Almost all ADs live in a political world and will purposely screw with the system.

bisonmike2
11-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Perhaps they just do not want to put NDSU as number 1, polls are not always fair...

I say we take to the streets of Frisco and riot!

Bison03
11-11-2016, 04:04 PM
#NotOurRankings

oldmantutters
11-11-2016, 04:06 PM
#NotOurRankings

#F***TheCommittee

thebootfitter
11-11-2016, 04:42 PM
That's obviously true from an objective system like Sagarin or Massey, but based on human perception and the close head-to-head matches of several Big Sky and MVFC teams -- with the Big Sky winning more -- I suspect there are many who believe the Big Sky is just as strong as the MVFC this year. And if you're just looking at it from a high level perspective, the CAA has a couple (?) FBS wins and some of those top teams have decent records too. From some perspectives, the MVFC hasn't necessarily distinguished itself this year as it has in the past.

thebootfitter
11-11-2016, 04:52 PM
1. NDSU or EWU
2. EWU or NDSU
3. JSU
4. JMU
5. SHSU
The Citadel? They should at least be ahead of SHSU.

td577
11-11-2016, 04:54 PM
It could be argued they are being the most disrespected in all of this.

bisonaudit
11-11-2016, 04:55 PM
That's obviously true from an objective system like Sagarin or Massey, but based on human perception and the close head-to-head matches of several Big Sky and MVFC teams -- with the Big Sky winning more -- I suspect there are many who believe the Big Sky is just as strong as the MVFC this year. And if you're just looking at it from a high level perspective, the CAA has a couple (?) FBS wins and some of those top teams have decent records too. From some perspectives, the MVFC hasn't necessarily distinguished itself this year as it has in the past.

Sure, I get that. Which is why I'm convinced that we need to give up the ghost on this whole committee/polling concept. There are way to many moving parts for any human to tease out the interactions. I think everyone agrees that head-to-head wins are important but how important? That can quickly descent into transitive absurdities. Good win are good, but how good? Bad losses are bad, but how bad? Strength of schedule matters but how much? Margin of victory matters but how much? etc. We shouldn't expect a small group of people to be able to correctly weigh up all the variables for all of the teams. We don't have the hardware for it.

bisonaudit
11-11-2016, 04:57 PM

Sagarin has that as a pick'em on a neutral field.

thebootfitter
11-11-2016, 04:59 PM
If SOS matters, NDSU will end up being a #1 or #2 seed, and JSU will have to drop to at least #3.
I don't know why Villanova and South Dakota State are not in the Top 10.

It could be that SoS matters... but is only part of the formula for those on the committee.

bisonaudit
11-11-2016, 05:12 PM
It could be that SoS matters... but is only part of the formula for those on the committee.

LOL

"formula"

That's a good one.

Son of a Bison
11-11-2016, 05:49 PM

I plan on taking over the streets of Frisco Jan 5-7 and it will be like a riot. Again!

Son of a Bison
11-11-2016, 06:19 PM

I plan on taking over the streets of Frisco Jan 5-7 and it will be like a riot. Again!

thebootfitter
11-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Sure, I get that. Which is why I'm convinced that we need to give up the ghost on this whole committee/polling concept. There are way to many moving parts for any human to tease out the interactions. I think everyone agrees that head-to-head wins are important but how important? That can quickly descent into transitive absurdities. Good win are good, but how good? Bad losses are bad, but how bad? Strength of schedule matters but how much? Margin of victory matters but how much? etc. We shouldn't expect a small group of people to be able to correctly weigh up all the variables for all of the teams. We don't have the hardware for it.
We're on the same page here, but the flip side is that if we remove all human element and rely solely on an objective system of observations crunched through a bunch of formulas, then something won't meet the flawed eye test and everybody would be b!tching and moaning about that. There's no way to win! :-)

Trumpster
11-11-2016, 06:25 PM
It's harder to game the system if the system is really inconsistent.

bisonaudit
11-11-2016, 06:27 PM

Isn't it also harder to identify the best team if the system is really inconsistent?

Professor Chaos
11-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Isn't it also harder to identify the best team if the system is really inconsistent?
Well, the best team in this subdivision is and always will be identified on the field where computers and committees mean jack shit. Allowing the selection committee to select 14 at larges in addition to conference champs gives them enough margin for error that they're not going to leave anyone out who's a true contender.

td577
11-11-2016, 07:07 PM

I don't have a problem with schools taking a part of the system and gaming it. Take the SRS for example. About 85% of it is known. I think the only part of that system unknown is how SOS is factored into it. So if you know a win against a team from Pool A is worth so much, Pool B is worth so much, and a lose from Pool C only costs you so much, it should be set up where it favors programs who take chances. The gaming part comes in by creating a schedule that can maximize that system. If the system is sound, whoever comes out on top should be a good team. If the method to game the system leads to tougher competition, then game away all day long.

Right now, with meaningless committee polls, it is obvious the way you game the system is to load up on cupcakes, be in a cupcake conference, and have a shiny record. Those schools should not be favored.

Bisonator98
11-11-2016, 07:25 PM
I don't understand how they come up with these polls or whatever the hell they are calling them. My question this week is why did they drop SHSU from #2 to #5? I can only assume it was because they squeeked by McNeese last week. Well JSU squeeked by SEMO as well so why didn't they fall a couple spots? Again there appears to be no rhyme or reason to their logic.

The only thing NDSU can do is win these last 2 games and win them by as many points as possible. I'm hoping for a couple 42-10 type games. Maybe that will be enough to get us a top 2 seed. Who fricking knows with these clowns.

BYZEN
11-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Two words: Regionalization! :offtopic:
- If the top 4 were seeded that way right now and won out...... Who's the closest to EWU? If they keep EWU and NDSU at 2 & 3, regardless of order, and JSU makes it to the semi's.....tell me the Committee Members haven't looked at a map.
- Also, they may have seen the Iowa game and be assuming that NDSU will bring 10,000 fans to any big game we play $$$?
- Is this projection being done by the whole committee or just a few of the AD's on a group text? (open records request anyone?) :rofl:
Okay, thread drift over.

Professor Chaos
11-11-2016, 07:41 PM
Two words: Regionalization! :offtopic:
- If the top 4 were seeded that way right now and won out...... Who's the closest to EWU? If they keep EWU and NDSU at 2 & 3, regardless of order, and JSU makes it to the semi's.....tell me the Committee Members haven't looked at a map.
- Also, they may have seen the Iowa game and be assuming that NDSU will bring 10,000 fans to any big game we play $$$?
- Is this projection being done by the whole committee or just a few of the AD's on a group text? (open records request anyone?) :rofl:
Okay, thread drift over.
I doubt there's much regionalization theory that fits into how they seed and definitely not with these rankings. All they are is a group of 10 people submitting their top 25 and they add up points (25 points for a #1 ranking, 24 points for a #2 ranking, and so on) to come up with a consensus the same way all the polls work. I believe that's the same way they do it when they seed the teams prior to Selection Sunday.

NDSUstudent
11-13-2016, 02:31 AM
Becoming more clear every week that JSU is not deserving of being #1 and should be closer to #5.

GreenfieldBison
11-13-2016, 03:05 AM
Becoming more clear every week that JSU is not deserving of being #1 and should be closer to #5.

Why so high?

NDSUstudent
11-13-2016, 03:11 AM
Why so high?

At this point I have no idea outside of the double representation theory(there are two OVC ADs on the committee, one is the Pioneer rep but his school plays all other sports in the OVC).

JSU's best win is against CCU....a team that lost to Charleston Southern. Their conference is looking like a one bid league, they gave LSU a game for a while but to be fair they played LSU when the Tigers were a bit of a mess. They've also looked very average the past two weeks.

Christopher Moen
11-13-2016, 03:35 AM
Iowa beats the #3 FBS team and lost to the #3 FCS team at home with game ending field goals.

Logic tells me one of those rankings is incorrect.

EC8CH
11-13-2016, 03:52 AM
Maybe now the committee will consider NDSUs win over Iowa a "signature" win?

ndsubison1
11-13-2016, 07:57 AM
At this point I have no idea outside of the double representation theory(there are two OVC ADs on the committee, one is the Pioneer rep but his school plays all other sports in the OVC).

JSU's best win is against CCU....a team that lost to Charleston Southern. Their conference is looking like a one bid league, they gave LSU a game for a while but to be fair they played LSU when the Tigers were a bit of a mess. They've also looked very average the past two weeks.

OVC always seems to eek out an extra bid

BisonHorns
11-13-2016, 10:13 AM
Maybe now the committee will consider NDSUs win over Iowa a "signature" win?

If Iowa taking down 3 Michigan doesnt launch us to number 1 or 2 I would be shocked.

EC8CH
11-13-2016, 12:39 PM
If Iowa taking down 3 Michigan doesnt launch us to number 1 or 2 I would be shocked.

Yeah but, "devestating" loss to SDSU.

Vet70
11-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Yeah but, "devestating" loss to SDSU.

Evidently, in their eyes, a good loss on the part of EWU outweighs a weaker SOS and head to head loss.

EC8CH
11-13-2016, 02:46 PM
Evidently in their eyes a good loss on the part of EWU outways a weaker SOS and head to head loss.

"It's close" :rofl:

Jackbacker
11-13-2016, 02:56 PM
You guys up north have a lot of knowledge/experience looking a these polls and playoff brackets. One quick question, is there any chance SDSU sneaks and gets a seed or are we destined to go back to Fargo in the 2nd round assuming we get that far?

NDSUstudent
11-13-2016, 02:57 PM
You guys up north have a lot of knowledge/experience looking a these polls and playoff brackets. One quick question, is there any chance SDSU sneaks and gets a seed or are we destined to go back to Fargo in the 2nd round assuming we get that far?

If Richmond loses you would get a seed, otherwise it isn't looking good. I think you'll be sent to UND instead of NDSU.

BYZEN
11-13-2016, 03:20 PM
I doubt there's much regionalization theory that fits into how they seed and definitely not with these rankings. All they are is a group of 10 people submitting their top 25 and they add up points (25 points for a #1 ranking, 24 points for a #2 ranking, and so on) to come up with a consensus the same way all the polls work. I believe that's the same way they do it when they seed the teams prior to Selection Sunday.

I'm not entirely convinced. They have shown the regionalization card before and what better way to prepare Bison fans for a #3 seed than this. Still just a working theory here but if UN_ ends up on our side as well the Jacks and EWU....

HerdBot
11-13-2016, 09:35 PM
I think this was a good week for ratings. We kicked Indiana States ass. Jacksonville State had an unconvincing win. Iowa beat Michigan. On a smaller scale, Charleston Southern put a beat down on Liberty. Liberty was apparently one of Jacksonville States quality wins. And I think Youngstown, Illinois State, and SDSU winning is good. The only way it looks better is if WIU would have won a close game.

DM05
11-13-2016, 09:57 PM
I'm not entirely convinced. They have shown the regionalization card before and what better way to prepare Bison fans for a #3 seed than this. Still just a working theory here but if UN_ ends up on our side as well the Jacks and EWU....

I fully agree, they won't be able to resist potential regional matchups. Depending on the criteria they use (or say they use after the fact), there is no way to keep Jax St. ahead of both EWU and NDSU. It should be pretty evident that EWU and NDSU should be 1/2 in some order.

The conspiracy theorist in me says we get the #2 and potentially get SDSU in the second (SDSU gets a gimme like San Diego first round, especially if Montana doesn't make the field), UND gets seeded 7 to set up a matchup in the quarters (ESPN Friday night game, lots of story lines to sell, plus a bus trip), Jax St. gets the #3 (sets up potential rematch of last year, revenge factor), and EWU gets #1. If NDSU gets knocked off, they get a new champion. If the seeds hold, the championship is a rematch of one of the best games of the year in FCS that went to OT, this time on a neutral field, two teams combined for last 6 titles, they knocked us out in 2010 on a terrible call.

Either that or they somehow justify Jax St. at #1 and set us up to go to Cheney in the semi's. Hope it doesn't happen like that, but after last year's MVFC side of the bracket, it seems like it could.

td577
11-13-2016, 10:49 PM
I fully agree, they won't be able to resist potential regional matchups. Depending on the criteria they use (or say they use after the fact), there is no way to keep Jax St. ahead of both EWU and NDSU. It should be pretty evident that EWU and NDSU should be 1/2 in some order.

The conspiracy theorist in me says we get the #2 and potentially get SDSU in the second (SDSU gets a gimme like San Diego first round, especially if Montana doesn't make the field), UND gets seeded 7 to set up a matchup in the quarters (ESPN Friday night game, lots of story lines to sell, plus a bus trip), Jax St. gets the #3 (sets up potential rematch of last year, revenge factor), and EWU gets #1. If NDSU gets knocked off, they get a new champion. If the seeds hold, the championship is a rematch of one of the best games of the year in FCS that went to OT, this time on a neutral field, two teams combined for last 6 titles, they knocked us out in 2010 on a terrible call.

Either that or they somehow justify Jax St. at #1 and set us up to go to Cheney in the semi's. Hope it doesn't happen like that, but after last year's MVFC side of the bracket, it seems like it could.

I try to look at it all as objectively as possible. So I was looking at everything as if NDSU wasn't part of the picture, at all. I can't seed JSU ahead of EWU. No way, no how. Their schedules don't give any justification. Then if I think about NDSU and EWU, I don't think you can have a conversation about one without the other. Both have a FCS loss, but one was to the other and the other was to a probable playoff team that is arguably better than anything JSU or EWU has seen in any of their wins other than the EWU FBS win. I don't have a problem with EWU being #1, as long as NDSU is #2.

My mind says common sense will prevail, but my heart says the committee isn't very smart about a lot of things. I do know it is easier for NDSU if they don't have to face a gauntlet of MVFC teams again. I am to the point where I don't care where they seed us as long as the committee doesn't get stupid with the valley again. There is enough playoff experience on the Bison where the pressure is welcomed and schools that don't know Bison football as well can't hang in an ugly game. It is always the Valley teams that bother me. They have been recruiting for a long time now to keep up with NDSU and it will pay off eventually.

THEsocalledfan
11-14-2016, 01:49 PM
I think this was a good week for ratings. We kicked Indiana States ass. Jacksonville State had an unconvincing win. Iowa beat Michigan. On a smaller scale, Charleston Southern put a beat down on Liberty. Liberty was apparently one of Jacksonville States quality wins. And I think Youngstown, Illinois State, and SDSU winning is good. The only way it looks better is if WIU would have won a close game.

I think a key for NDSU was Iowa beating Michigan. That has to have caught the attention of the committee.

tjbison
11-14-2016, 02:07 PM
I think a key for NDSU was Iowa beating Michigan. That has to have caught the attention of the committee.

lol....i dont think anything catches their eye

Vet70
11-14-2016, 02:23 PM

You have more faith that the committee is capable of rational decision making than I do.

THEsocalledfan
11-14-2016, 02:31 PM
You have more faith that the committee is capable of rational decision making than I do.

Let me give one more rational thought. They moved SHSU out of a top spot with absolutely no justification for it. Could happen again with Jax St.

El_Chapo
11-14-2016, 02:35 PM
just reading thru this just shows how rinky dink the fcs is, what an embarassment. bus trips to save money? Leveraging NDSU for eyeballs, money etc?

we are being USED here people, cant you see that!! ENOUGH!!

Bison bison
11-14-2016, 02:50 PM
I try to look at it all as objectively as possible.

Moron. You need to think of it as the committee does.

tjbison
11-14-2016, 03:05 PM
this weeks come out tomorrow??? did I hear that right

NDSUstudent
11-14-2016, 03:08 PM
this weeks come out tomorrow??? did I hear that right

Yes, tomorrow night.

imabison
11-14-2016, 03:37 PM
just reading thru this just shows how rinky dink the fcs is, what an embarassment. bus trips to save money? Leveraging NDSU for eyeballs, money etc?

we are being USED here people, cant you see that!! ENOUGH!!
Don't understand how keeping NDSU at less than 1 or 2 would be leveraging NDSU for money, if NDSU is not ranked high it has LESS home playoff games and less money for the NCAA
so ..... and when Bus Trips are possible may be common sense unless they are all in the same conference and just playing each other again.

td577
11-14-2016, 03:49 PM
Moron. You need to think of it as the committee does.
When you are right, you're right.

THEsocalledfan
11-14-2016, 03:50 PM
Don't understand how keeping NDSU at less than 1 or 2 would be leveraging NDSU for money, if NDSU is not ranked high it has LESS home playoff games and less money for the NCAA
so ..... and when Bus Trips are possible may be common sense unless they are all in the same conference and just playing each other again.

You could argue this is all a media charade to get folks interested which is what I think Chapo is saying. With that said, I am going back to hiding behind the grassy knoll.

td577
11-14-2016, 03:55 PM
You could argue this is all a media charade to get folks interested which is what I think Chapo is saying. With that said, I am going back to hiding behind the grassy knoll.
They do got people talking about it. They just haven't figured out it is the same people taking about it that would anyways.

TAILG8R
11-15-2016, 12:05 AM
Watch them use the Iowa win over Michigan as justification to move NDSU up. Not in reality, I think they have wanted to move NDSU up since the debacle after their first poll release but this will give the public talking point as to why they move them up. "Well NDSU 's win over Iowa was pretty impressive considering Iowa just took down the number three team in the FBS" or some other BS to justify moving us into we're they realized we belonged about two hours after releasing their first shit poll.

Vet70
11-15-2016, 12:35 AM
Watch them use the Iowa win over Michigan as justification to move NDSU up. Not in reality, I think they have wanted to move NDSU up since the debacle after their first poll release but this will give the public talking point as to why they move them up. "Well NDSU 's win over Iowa was pretty impressive considering Iowa just took down the number three team in the FBS" or some other BS to justify moving us into we're they realized we belonged about two hours after releasing their first shit poll.

Some of you folks have more faith than I do. My guess is we wind up third.

ndsubison1
11-15-2016, 05:05 AM
Reading the Bison Media Chat, why do people think SDSU should get seeded?

BisonHorns
11-15-2016, 10:04 AM
I would say they have a wicked offense that could win a title using 3 star players. We had two fcs losses last year and were still seeded. The TCU game was close until the 4th quarter. Just thoughts.

Professor Chaos
11-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Reading the Bison Media Chat, why do people think SDSU should get seeded?
Because it's probably going to boil down to them, UND, Richmond, and the loser of UCA/SHSU for the last two seeds. SDSU stacks up fairly well with all those teams. They have the best win (@NDSU) of all of them and they'd have the autobid in the toughest conference in the nation if they beat UNI.

ndsubison1
11-15-2016, 04:31 PM
I just dont see it with a loss to Poly and Illinois State

Professor Chaos
11-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that's the knock on them. But both those teams are likely playoff teams (unless Poly loses this week). UND and Richmond also have a loss to Stony Brook which is a worse team than either of them.

However, if the committee is anything like last year they're more infatuated with who you lost to than who you beat so you could be right.

ndsubison1
11-15-2016, 04:40 PM
Yeah, that's the knock on them. But both those teams are likely playoff teams (unless Poly loses this week). UND and Richmond also have a loss to Stony Brook which is a worse team than either of them.

However, if the committee is anything like last year they're more infatuated with who you lost to than who you beat so you could be right.

Yeah, have to think like the committee with the politics and they always try to be "balanced"

CAS4127
11-15-2016, 04:44 PM

How do you see Montana getting in? With a win over MSU this weekend they will have 7 wins, but they will still be 5-6 in conference, although at least one team ahead of them will only have 6 D1 wins??????

tjbison
11-15-2016, 04:45 PM
How do you see Montana getting in? With a win over MSU this weekend they will have 7 wins, but they will still be 5-6 in conference, although at least one team ahead of them will only have 6 D1 wins??????

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ndsubison1
11-15-2016, 04:51 PM

The bubble appears to be weaker than last year and with a win over MSU, should get in. Win over UNI could help them. The committee always seems to make one or two questionable decisions and this could be one.

CAS4127
11-15-2016, 04:59 PM
The bubble appears to be weaker than last year and with a win over MSU, should get in. Win over UNI could help them. The committee always seems to make one or two questionable decisions and this could be one.

Gotcha--gapped out the UNI win. They also have a win over St. Francis.

cbline
11-15-2016, 05:41 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ holds that much significance, then NDSU gets a #1 or #2 seed.

thebootfitter
11-15-2016, 05:43 PM
Gotcha--gapped out the UNI win. They also have a win over St. Francis.
THAT's the kind of quality win that the committee really looks for!!!

tjbison
11-15-2016, 05:44 PM
If $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ holds that much significance, then NDSU gets a #1 or #2 seed.

we still may

26K > 19K

Hammerhead
11-15-2016, 05:44 PM
We'll see if teams are penalized more for losses later in the season than teams who lost early such as UND.

NDSUstudent
11-15-2016, 06:18 PM
That loss to Montana may really come back to bit the Panthers...it is the one trump card the Griz have and if it is Montana vs UNI for the last team in the committee will use it.

EC8CH
11-15-2016, 06:27 PM
That loss to Montana may really come back to bit the Panthers...it is the one trump card the Griz have and if it is Montana vs UNI for the last team in the committee will use it.

Kinda like if EWU and NDSU finish the season with the same record... oh, wait?! :confused:

CAS4127
11-15-2016, 06:56 PM
THAT's the kind of quality win that the committee really looks for!!!

St. Francis is a possible PO team.

BisonTru
11-15-2016, 09:40 PM
St. Francis is a possible PO team.

Actually they have already clinched their spot.

SDbison
11-16-2016, 12:46 AM
So when is the committee announcement expected tonite?

NDSUstudent
11-16-2016, 12:46 AM
So when is the committee announcement expected tonite?

9 pm on ESPNU.

Professor Chaos
11-16-2016, 01:08 AM
9 pm on ESPNU.
Maybe. Bowling Green and Kent St are gonna hafta cruise through the 2nd half to get done by 9. There's still 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter right now.

NDSUstudent
11-16-2016, 01:42 AM
Maybe. Bowling Green and Kent St are gonna hafta cruise through the 2nd half to get done by 9. There's still 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter right now.

Still another quarter to go...