PDA

View Full Version : We gaining a new MVFC team soon?

Pages : [1] 2

WFBisonFan
11-06-2016, 12:24 AM
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4153166-report-und-negotiating-conference-move-missouri-valley-summit-league

Professorbum
11-06-2016, 12:29 AM
Yet another reason for us to move to FBS.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 12:32 AM

Was just thinking that. If they join and we don't move up NDSU can kiss their recruiting advantages and ownership of this region goodbye

TBone
11-06-2016, 12:33 AM
If this happens, Im done

Bisonator98
11-06-2016, 12:35 AM
Was just thinking that. If they join and we don't move up NDSU can kiss their recruiting advantages and ownership of this area goodbye

Lol I'm not ready to concede anything to those knuckleheads!:rofl:

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 12:35 AM
Lol I'm not ready to concede anything to those knuckleheads!:rofl:

You won't be able to do anything about it

Hammerhead
11-06-2016, 12:37 AM
There goes the neighborhood. :)

Vet70
11-06-2016, 12:42 AM
Was just thinking that. If they join and we don't move up NDSU can kiss their recruiting advantages and ownership of this region goodbye

I don't understand why that necessarily follows. We don't concede our advantages to anyone else. Recruits will still have a choice to join champions or wannabees.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 12:46 AM
I don't understand why that necessarily follows. We don't concede our advantages to anyone else. Recruits will still have a choice to join champions or wannabees.

I'd rather just keep them buried in our dust than worry about it. If they become a playoff threat (hint: they could beat us RIGHT NOW) we will start losing guys to them and an improving SDSU. Time to leave everyone in the dust...not regress...which we will

BisonTeacher
11-06-2016, 12:47 AM

Are you serious Clark?

NDSUstudent
11-06-2016, 12:49 AM
Sad that UND can't afford to play in the Big Sky and we need to bail them out. But it is what it is.

I'd love to move up but its never going to happen sadly. Can't move up without a conference invite.

Bisonator98
11-06-2016, 12:52 AM
I'd rather just keep them buried in our dust than worry about it. If they become a playoff threat (hint: they could beat us RIGHT NOW) we will start losing guys to them and an improving SDSU. Time to leave everyone in the dust...not regress...which we will
BS. They are no threat, playoff or otherwise. They have had almost as weak of a schedule as SHSU and are damn lucky they have won those games.

NDSU1980
11-06-2016, 12:53 AM
Once again they are following us. Nothing new. I'd just as soon keep them in the fluffy just because it costs them way more money. One thing about getting them into the MVFC is it will expose them for the weak team they are.

Christopher Moen
11-06-2016, 12:54 AM
Sweet, we get to beat them every year.

And no, they can't beat us this year. That crap belongs in the preposterous statement thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 12:54 AM
BS. They are no threat, playoff or otherwise. They have had almost as weak of a schedule as SHSU and are damn lucky they have won those games.

Ya neither were CSU or EW.

DIBISON
11-06-2016, 12:55 AM
Another thread with a bunch of idiotic posts and its only in the first page.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Sweet, we get to beat them every year.

And no, they can't beat us this year. That crap belongs in the preposterous statement thread.

Might want to hold off on that until after we play them (if it happens). If we blow them out (which we won't) feel free to put it there

PattyBison
11-06-2016, 12:58 AM

Meh. I want players who want to be at NDSU, not ones who chase bright, shiny things.

That being said, it's not my preference for them to move because it makes them more relevant and I will have to listen to their fans. Practically speaking though, MVFC is a better fit.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 01:01 AM
Meh. I want players who want to be at NDSU, not ones who chase bright, shiny things.

That being said, it's not my preference for them to move because it makes them more relevant and I will have to listen to their fans. Practically speaking though, MVFC is a better fit.

I've enjoyed them being irrelevant as well

Christopher Moen
11-06-2016, 01:03 AM
Might want to hold off on that until after we play them (if it happens). If we blow them out (which we won't) feel free to put it there

Remind me how many wins against good teams they have? Maybe one with Cal Poly.

Compare their schedule to NDSU's, and it isn't remotely close. UND would collapse like a wet paper tent if they had to play the same schedule the Bison had this year.

Vet70
11-06-2016, 01:04 AM

Anyone might beat us in the playoffs, but I wouldn't bet on UND accomplishing that this year. I don't see them as a great threat compared to a number of other teams. I am pretty confident that if they join the Valley they will be the ones to regress. At any rate, there may be legitimate arguments to make the move, but I don't see them coming to the Valley as one of them. I see them more as annoying instead of a legitimate threat.

BisonTeacher
11-06-2016, 01:06 AM

Dumpster fires are bright and shiny. Tin sheds..not so much.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 01:15 AM
We have enjoyed unprecedented success due to distancing ourselves from those losers. Make no mistake about this. It will hurt NDSU athletics. Only so many recruits to go around.

Fuck this shit. I hope and pray an FBS invitation comes soon.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 01:16 AM
Remind me how many wins against good teams they have? Maybe one with Cal Poly.

Compare their schedule to NDSU's, and it isn't remotely close. UND would collapse like a wet paper tent if they had to play the same schedule the Bison had this year.

None of that has anything to do with anything

EC8CH
F'hawkin followers.

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 01:17 AM
We have enjoyed unprecedented success due to distancing ourselves from those losers. Make no mistake about this. It will hurt NDSU athletics. Only so many recruits to go around.

They play at our level in a well respected conference. They are already competing for recruits.

Our unprecedented success has distanced us from those losers. You've got your causes and effects turned around.

NDSU1980
11-06-2016, 01:19 AM

HUH? I think it shows that un_ is a weak team currently in an even weaker conference. They will be ranked with the poorer teams in the Valley, should the Valley be desperate enough to even take them.

Christopher Moen
11-06-2016, 01:20 AM

Yes it does. You're claiming a two lost team that barely beats teams with an extremely weak schedule is better than a one-lost team that beats ranked teams nearly every week.

PattyBison

So we are ready to move to the FBS, but we are terrified to recruit against teams that we already recruit against? Interesting idea.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 01:21 AM
HUH? I think it shows that un_ is a weak team currently in an even weaker conference. They will be ranked with the poorer teams in the Valley, should the Valley be desperate enough to even take them.

The argument was whether they could currently beat NDSU. The premise that a team with a weaker schedule cannot beat a team with a tougher schedule is a false premise

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-06-2016, 01:22 AM
Mountain West or bust.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 01:22 AM
They play at our level in a well respected conference. They are already competing for recruits.

Our unprecedented success has distanced us from those losers. You're got your causes and effects turned around.

There is no question that playing in the Valley will help their recruiting cause.

I want to part of them in this conference. Summit league yes but MVFC no.

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 01:24 AM
The argument was whether they could currently beat NDSU. The premise that a team with a weaker schedule cannot beat a team with a tougher schedule is a false premise

Can they beat NDSU? Sure. Will they? They're basically on par with USD, so probably not.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 01:25 AM
Can they beat NDSU? Sure. Will they? They're basically on par with USD, so probably not.

If we see them in the playoffs I'm expecting a nail biter

DIBISON
11-06-2016, 01:26 AM
Nobody is saying or remotely believes that they could beat the Bison except you. Therefore, there is no argument.

THEsocalledfan

More truth here than I want to admit.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN

Your paranoid. Our D will suffocate them. They are playing good, but they haven't played anyone yet.

Bison03
11-06-2016, 01:27 AM
Why does every thread have to end of talking about moving to FBS. Moving to FBS in not going to happen. Say that out load for all you dillusional people who think so. Its a broken record you apparently dont want to hear. Millions, yes millions of more dollars we we dont have combined with conference invite which we wont receive because its all about media exposure and money wih the big boys. Fargo offers neither according to them. As far as und in the valley, I still see it as a long shot as Patty V has always said that expansion is not being looked at. A team would have to leave for that to happen. I think Faison is trying to do anything he can to save a financially suffering athletic department by any means possible and summit/valley move is the obvious choice. But again, i dont see it happening in the next 5 years at least.

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 01:28 AM
It's a huge recruiting advantage to be in the MVFC but we can't give the league any credit for the quality of play because no matter what the first thing we have to always be is afraid of UND.

I don't understand any of this twisted Grand Forks centric logic. They're probably going to switch conferences because it makes sense for them, for the Big Sky, for the Summit, and for the MVFC. Christ, the Big Sky wants them gone so bad they're willed to forgive the penalty. Why aren't we all having a hearty laugh at that instead of freaking out about the prospect of playing them every year, when clearly we're completely obsessed with everything they do.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-06-2016, 01:33 AM
Why does every thread have to end of talking about moving to FBS. Moving to FBS in not going to happen. Say that out load for all you dillusional people who think so. Its a broken record you apparently dont want to hear. Millions, yes millions of more dollars we we dont have combined with conference invite which we wont receive because its all aboit media exposure and money wih the big boys. Fargo offers neither according to them. As far as und in the valley, I still see it as a long shot as Patty V had always said that expansion is not being looked at. A team would have to leave for that to happen. I think Faison is trying to anything he can to save a financially suffering athletic department by any means possible and summit/valley move is the obvious choice. But again, i dont see it happening in the next 5 years at least.

It's happening as we speak. I spoke with Bubba's brother a couple of weeks ago and he was singing the praises of the MVFC and Summit League. While he didn't come out and say it, it was pretty much inferred it was going to happen.

NDSUstudent
11-06-2016, 01:34 AM
I think the impact will be bigger for UND's other sports. Right now they live in Big Sky obscurity, nobody around here gives a single damn about Big Sky hoops or Vball or whatever else. Now they will have bigger hyped up regional rivals in conference play, will be playing teams people are familiar with and will have conference tournaments in their region.

For football they will have to really step up, the transition to the MVFC was hard for us. It is a different brand of football.

NDSUstudent
11-06-2016, 01:36 AM
It's happening as we speak. I spoke with Bubba's brother a couple of weeks ago and he was singing the praises of the MVFC and Summit League. While he didn't come out and say it, it was pretty much inferred it was going to happen.

When they didn't cut any sports, I had a pretty good idea this was how they were going to save money.

HerdBot
11-06-2016, 01:36 AM
I thought they were moving up and going to the WAC?

All things aside, the Summit makes perfect sense only if they get baseball back. They can drop swimming or something.

As far as football goes, it makes sense. They have finally put together a decent team and they wouldn't be an embarrassment to the league.

Reality is it's a bus trip for 4 teams and they are on par with USD

Cue neg rep from Lakes

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 01:39 AM
Besides, isn't a DI conference with all 4 dakota schools in it basically the ultimate repudiation of their whimpy, foot dragging, follower approach to the entire transition?

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 01:44 AM
Mountain West or bust.I agree, now its time. Let UN_ be the new Nebraska Omaha.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 01:50 AM
Besides, isn't a DI conference with all 4 dakota schools in it basically the ultimate repudiation of their whimpy, foot dragging, follower approach to the entire transition?

It's the old NCC all over again.

This is going to crush our recruiting advantage and help their program greatly.

Time to make a serious push to get out. Would rather play MAC games on Wednesday nights over having those mouth breathers in the same conference.

1998braves64
If they're getting into the summit have to think some way they're bringing baseball back? Obvious everyone is not happy with how things sit if BSC is letting them go for free. Just curious what this does for scheduling in MVFC? Do they know someone is leaving in next couple of years?
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-06-2016, 01:52 AM
If they're getting into the summit have to think some way they're bringing baseball back? Obvious everyone is not happy with how things sit if BSC is letting them go for free. Just curious what this does for scheduling in MVFC? Do they know someone is leaving in next couple of years?

I'm all for 9 conference games and two non-conference. Hard to find non-conference anyway.

Bison03
11-06-2016, 01:54 AM

Time to make a serious push to get out. Would rather play MAC games on Wednesday nights over having those mouth breathers in the same conference.
Ughh..are you serious?! You would rather not play wednesdays?! The mac is not inviting us, no FBS is. Get that though your head. Why would we lose a recruiting advantage?! We recruit against them now already? Do we not have more to offer then them?!! Why worry.

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 01:55 AM
I'm all for 9 conference games and two non-conference. Hard to find non-conference anyway.

They should think about this now with 10.

NDSUstudent
11-06-2016, 01:56 AM
8 conference games is more than enough.

Bison"FANatic"
11-06-2016, 01:56 AM

Saying that over and over doesn't make it true even though you want it to. This meltdown by some is really very entertaining to watch.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 01:57 AM
Ughh..are you serious?! You would rather not play wednesdays?! The mac is not inviting us, no FBS is. Get that though your head. Why would we lose a recruiting advantage?! We recruit against them now already? Do we not have more to offer then them?!! Why worry.

UND as a MVFC team recruiting against NDSU would not even compare to UND as a Big Sky team recruiting against NDSU.

I like the post NCC days. Fuck them being in this conference.

Vet70
11-06-2016, 01:00 AM
Will someone please specifically explain how moving to the Valley gives them a recruiting advantage?

PattyBison
UND as a MVFC team recruiting against NDSU would not even compare to UND as a Big Sky team recruiting against NDSU.

This sounds just like the argument that ND kids wouldn't be able to play for NDSU once we went D-1 because the weren't D-1 talent.

NDSUstudent
Will someone please specifically explain how moving to the Valley gives them a recruiting advantage?

The only thing that will help their recruiting is if they win games against teams like UNI, NDSU and SDSU. Just playing them isn't going to do it.

PattyBison

Because 2 posters say it over and over again, so it must be true.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-06-2016, 01:03 AM

As long as we keep winning, we have nothing to worry about, however, history has shown that we will not stay on top forever. The pendulum will indeed swing someday and we will find ourselves trying to catch up to UND. It's what makes the game interesting.

BisonTeacher
11-06-2016, 01:05 AM

Will someone explain to me why their win over cal poly is a big deal??

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 01:06 AM
Ughh..are you serious?! You would rather not play wednesdays?! The mac is not inviting us, no FBS is. Get that though your head. Why would we lose a recruiting advantage?! We recruit against them now already? Do we not have more to offer then them?!! Why worry.Small minded, G5 time and fast. I will take any conference now. Sunbelt/MAC give us a call. Patty has nothing if were gone.

td577
11-06-2016, 01:08 AM

If un_ makes the playoffs and wins a game, we will probably get to see the showdown. It is interesting you bring up schedules though. Let's say Team A has better stats across the board in just about every category than Team B and Team A has an exponentially tougher schedule, who would be favored in a matchup? Team offense, team defense, and winning percentage to name a few. 7 ranked opponents on the schedule vs. like 1? Being I like numbers and generally numbers tell the truth over time, I would pick Team A. I would go so far as to say Team A would probably be heavily favored putting up more impressive statistics against tougher competition. Since Team A has proven this to be true about 93% of the time in recent memory, I would still go with Team A.

Is un_ improving? Sure. Are they in the same ballpark as NDSU yet? No. Could they pull off a USD like game and win one? Maybe. It took NDSU a couple of season to even figure out how to recruit for the Valley schedule and the Bison faithful spend more money on football than un_. Unless there becomes a serious culture change up north, un_ will fall into the same place as USD in the Valley. A good win here and there but mainly an anchor to the middle of the pack and lower.

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 01:08 AM
Will someone explain to me why their win over cal poly is a big deal??

Because a selection committee who can discern a difference between wins over Iowa and Incarnate Word might think it's a big deal if you say it loud enough? I don't know, but that's what I went with when trying to explain to my wife why the Richmond-JMU commentating team kept loudly insisting that the CAA was the best conference in the country.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 01:10 AM

Because the vast majority of recruits from ND and MN would much rather play games against regional opponents in the best FCS conference in the country vs playing games against Portland and Sac State.

Why do you think Bubbles is pushing for it?

89MTBISON
11-06-2016, 01:11 AM
They will be football only in the Big Fluff, all other sports Summit league.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-06-2016, 01:13 AM
They will be football only in the Big Fluff, all other sports Summit league.

No, they want all out of Big Fluff and it is going to happen. Just a matter of time.

Mr. Burgundy
11-06-2016, 01:13 AM
Is stoneybrook still really good?

BisonTeacher
11-06-2016, 01:14 AM
I don't know, but that's what I went with when trying to explain to my wife why the Richmond-JMU commentating team kept loudly insisting that the CAA was the best conference in the country.

Well Mike mayock once said the were the sec of FCs.

89MTBISON
11-06-2016, 01:14 AM
No, they want all out of Big Fluff and it is going to happen. Just a matter of time.
Do you always get what you want? They won't either.

td577

I am not sure how when other Valley coaches admit the recruiting battle is highly stacked against them the moment NDSU calls anyone they are interested in. We always hear about how the success will end someday. There will probably be a down cycle at some point, but one thing history has shown, NDSU is resilient and finds a way back towards the top.

Christopher Moen

Apparently when UND joins, the MVFC is going to limit scholarships and FCOA (Sorry, can't use purple on my phone).

Unless NDSU gets lazy, UND is no threat to better recruits, let alone victories over the Bison.

bisonaudit
Is stoneybrook still really good?

According to the CAA broadcast crew doing the JMU-Richmond game, yes.

semobison

I hate to agree but yes, this is going to happen. It makes since for almost everyone envolved. As far as how good they are? We will find out soon in the playoffs.

DePereBisonFan
This addition just makes sense.

...Youngstown to the CAA?

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Apparently when UND joins, the MVFC is going to limit scholarships and FCOA (Sorry, can't use purple on my phone).

Unless NDSU gets lazy, UND is no threat to better recruits, let alone victories over the Bison.

If you are right about them not being able to beat us, my comment can go to preposterous statements, if you're wrong BigUndies gives you a peck on each cheek

BisoninNWMN

This here.

Geographically, it makes sense. There are plenty of recruits to go around. 11 teams would not be very ideal but UND coming to the Summit is a good thing, esp if they reinstate baseball.

Vet70
11-06-2016, 01:21 AM
Because the vast majority of recruits from ND and MN would much rather play games against regional opponents in the best FCS conference in the country vs playing games against Portland and Sac State.

Why do you think Bubbles is pushing for it?

But that doesn't necessarily mean that they will have an advantage over NDSU any more than any other Valley team that we recruit against.

2011BisonAlumni
But that doesn't necessarily mean that they will have an advantage over NDSU any more than any other Valley team that we recruit against.

Didn't say they would have an advantage. I said it would hurt NDSU. NDSU has nearly won 100% of recruiting battles in ND. That will not continue going forward.

bisonaudit
This addition just makes sense.

...Youngstown to the CAA?

That would be odd since Ohio wasn't a colony. Though I guess, technically Maine wasn't either. Geography makes more sense though, for sure and a bunch of CAA football teams are only members for football already.

ZHerd
If un_ makes the playoffs and wins a game, we will probably get to see the showdown. It is interesting you bring up schedules though. Let's say Team A has better stats across the board in just about every category than Team B and Team A has an exponentially tougher schedule, who would be favored in a matchup? Team offense, team defense, and winning percentage to name a few. 7 ranked opponents on the schedule vs. like 1? Being I like numbers and generally numbers tell the truth over time, I would pick Team A. I would go so far as to say Team A would probably be heavily favored putting up more impressive statistics against tougher competition. Since Team A has proven this to be true about 93% of the time in recent memory, I would still go with Team A.

Is un_ improving? Sure. Are they in the same ballpark as NDSU yet? No. Could they pull off a USD like game and win one? Maybe. It took NDSU a couple of season to even figure out how to recruit for the Valley schedule and the Bison faithful spend more money on football than un_. Unless there becomes a serious culture change up north, un_ will fall into the same place as USD in the Valley. A good win here and there but mainly an anchor to the middle of the pack and lower.

I'm not sure how well they would or wouldn't adapt to an MVC move. In a game right now, I think it would be fairly low scoring with neither team being able to dominate on the ground. Since our passing game is struggling I think we would have trouble creating much of a cushion. It would be a grinder type game...one which we are use to and that they would get up for. This could apply though to a number of upcoming playoff matchups

PattyBison
11-06-2016, 01:28 AM
That would be odd since Ohio wasn't a colony. Though I guess, technically Maine wasn't either. Geography makes more sense though, for sure and a bunch of CAA football teams are only members for football already.

Fargo isn't in the Missouri Valley so it should work.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-06-2016, 01:29 AM
Do you always get what you want? They won't either.

I know it's going to happen because I recently talked to Bubba's brother, who happened to be member of UND's hatchet committee. There is a reason they voted to save all sports. While he didn't come out and directly say it, he inferred they were ready to make a conference move. UND already knew they where going to get in the Summit/Valley and knew they could apply the savings to save the sports on the chopping block.

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 01:39 AM
Please Sunbelt give us a chance. Your giving Coastal Carolina a chance and we have measured up pretty well against them.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 01:41 AM
Please Sunbelt give us a chance. Your giving Coastal Carolina a chance and we have measured up pretty well against them.

Preferably no low end G5's

td577
11-06-2016, 01:42 AM
I know it's going to happen because I recently talked to Bubba's brother, who happened to be member of UND's hatchet committee. There is a reason they voted to save all sports. While he didn't come out and directly say it, he inferred they were ready to make a conference move. UND already knew they where going to get in the Summit/Valley and knew they could apply the savings to save the sports on the chopping block.

What did Bubba's sister say?

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 01:42 AM

Why are people in such a rush to run away from UND?

No. NDSU will do what is best for NDSU.

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 01:47 AM
Preferably no low end G5's

Nothing personal but I don't now if we are reading the same tea leaves as far as where college football is heading. This announcement just accelerated things for me. Fire away if you wish.

NDSU1980
11-06-2016, 01:49 AM

It doesn't. UN_ will lay the biggest frickin egg you ever saw if they get in the Valley. They look good now only because of the competition they play. Look at last year, 34-9 against us, and we could have beaten them by 50 if hadn't taken our foot off the gas.

BisonTeacher

People? Or person? I'm wondering how many different posters in this thread are the same person

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
what did bubba's sister say?

yes......yes.......yyyyyeeeeessssss!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-06-2016, 01:52 AM
It doesn't. UN_ will lay the biggest frickin egg you ever saw if they get in the Valley. They look good now only because of the competition they play. Look at last year, 34-9 against us, and we could have beaten them by 50 if hadn't taken our foot off the gas.

To be fair, they are much better than last year, but yeah, they aren't nearly as good as they think they are.

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 01:55 AM
To be fair, they are much better than last year, but yeah, they aren't nearly as good as they think they are.

Or as Don Izzo does. But he knows who butters his bread.

El_Chapo
11-06-2016, 02:01 AM
hell to the NO. NCC is a joke, bad enough to add usd.. now lets add morningside too. this is why bresciani is getting berated by the SBOHE!! they only want und to be with ndsu, thats it. dirty politics. lets just say NO!

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 02:04 AM
People? Or person? I'm wondering how many different posters in this thread are the same person

Calm down. Grab a stumplifter.:biggrin:

B. b. bison
11-06-2016, 02:08 AM

Well, for what it's worth, Youngstown was established in 1797 when it was still part of the Connecticut Western Reserve (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut_Western_Reserve).

El_Chapo
11-06-2016, 02:09 AM
mountain west or bust.

best post ever.. About time you guys lİsten to me

BisonTeacher
11-06-2016, 02:10 AM
Calm down. Grab a stumplifter.:biggrin:

Pot kettle. the people/person overreacting to something that hasn't happened yet need to calm down.

ndsubison1
11-06-2016, 02:11 AM
Vote no Ndsu

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 02:13 AM
The people/person overreacting to something that hasn't happened yet need to calm down.Just on board with FBS move now, teams out there that couldn't hold a candle next to us are doing it. Nothing personal against you.

BisonTeacher
11-06-2016, 02:17 AM
Just on board with FBS move now, teams out there that couldn't hold a candle next to us are doing it. Nothing personal against you.

Why? What does NDSU gain out of being in the sunbelt? Our rise in fame the past few years is because of being an FCs team beating FBS teams, playoff games and championships. That all goes away if we were FBS. Just ask gsu. Whens the last time a sunbelt team has won a championship? If you think we would compete with the top sec or big 10 teams for a championship...you need to go back to the dr and get your meds checked. Oh...and btw...we don't have the money or an invite.

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 02:22 AM
Why? What does NDSU gain out of being in the sunbelt? Our rise in fame the past few years is because of being an FCs team beating FBS teams, playoff games and championships. That all goes away if we were FBS. Just ask gsu. Whens the last time a sunbelt team has won a championship? If you think we would compete with the top sec or big 10 teams for a championship...you need to go back to the dr and get your meds checked. Oh...and btw...we don't have the money or an invite.
You win. We should play it safe.

BisonTeacher
11-06-2016, 02:24 AM

You didn't answer the question. And what does safe have to do with anything? Are we in danger?

StL Bison Fan
11-06-2016, 02:27 AM
I am quite sure recruits will rush to play in a potato storage shed in front of tens of crowds
And be treated like a second class sports citizen behind hockies.

CaBisonFan
11-06-2016, 02:28 AM
If the hawks enter the conference the rivalry will return intact. Might take a little while. They're not a bad football team.

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 02:28 AM
You didn't answer the question. And what does safe have to do with anything? Are we in danger?
I'm with Bohl. "There's nothing left for me to do at this level." Love it.

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 02:30 AM
I'm with Bohl. "There's nothing left for me to do at this level." Love it.That's easy for Craig to say. He's on the receiving end of FBS sized checks.

scottietohottie
11-06-2016, 02:30 AM

You haven't lived life until you try going with shaved eyebrows.

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 02:32 AM
You haven't lived life until you try going with shaved eyebrows.

:rofl:10 char

BisonTeacher
11-06-2016, 02:33 AM

Ahhh... so you're a troll with no intelligent argument. Got it.

Professor Chaos
11-06-2016, 02:37 AM
Not going to subject myself to reading this whole thread so I apologize if this has been covered already but I think USD would be a pretty solid Big Sky team right now and would've been over the last few years as well. We all know how they've done in the MVFC. Let's see UND "make the jump". Methinks they'll be in for a rude awakening.

AKBison
11-06-2016, 02:40 AM

Agreed! Why should we leave the NCC? All of our historic rivals are here and outside of Northern Colorado, they are all within driving distance. We don't have any conferences that want us right now and why would they? We are going to flounder through transisition and will fall deep into debt. This will destroy our Athletic programs, mark my words. In addition to all of that, is the $ problem. We will never raise enough money to compete at DI athletics, it's insane what it cost. People in North Dakota just don't care enough about NDSU and DI sports in general. Let's be honest, UND Hockey is easily the number one sport in the state. They were on ESPN2 2 years ago during the frozen four. We will never top that! Lastly, if we move up, we won't have any more NoDak kids on our roster. For the most part, kids in this state and upper Midwest just aren't cut out for DI football. The Gophers take all the good talent and we will still have to fight for scraps with our old NCC brethren. To be competitive, we will have to recruit from Florida, California, and Texas, is that who we want to be? I would rather just stay D2 so that some of these local kids can play football and we can be competitive in our region.

89MTBISON
11-06-2016, 02:45 AM
Agreed! Why should we leave the NCC. All of our historic rivals are here and outside of Northern Colorado, they are all within driving distance. We don't have any conferences that want us right now so and why would they? We are going to flounder through transisition, mark my words. In addition to all of that, is the $ problem. We will never raise enough money to compete at DI athletics, it's insane what it cost. People in North Dakota just don't care enough about NDSU and DI sports in general. Lastly, if we move up, we won't have any more NoDak kids on our roster. For the most part, kids in this state and upper Midwest just aren't cut out for DI football. The Gophers take all the good talent and we will still have to fight for scraps with our old NCC brethren. To be competitive, we will have to recruit from Florida, California, and Texas, is that who we want to be? I would rather just stay D2 so that some of these local kids can play football.

Heck, with this great reasoning let's just skip the whole FBS thing and just go NFL!

Professorbum
11-06-2016, 02:46 AM

No...it goes away if we stay fcs (the part about beating fbs teams). We have to wait until 2020 for our next scheduled fbs opponent (and that's if Oregon doesn't cancel on us). The B1G won't play us anymore. The only way we get to continue to be giant killers is by joining the G5.

Bison4peat
11-06-2016, 02:53 AM
Ahhh... so you're a troll with no intelligent argument. Got it.

Third year. 7-3 in Mountain West. Continue....

bisonforever
11-06-2016, 03:09 AM
You are high!

bisonforever
11-06-2016, 03:11 AM
If we see them in the playoffs I'm expecting a nail biter You are High!

CalBison97
11-06-2016, 03:15 AM
This reminds me of a proverb stated a few times on Looney Tunes cartoons: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

NorthernBison
11-06-2016, 03:19 AM
Not going to subject myself to reading this whole thread so I apologize if this has been covered already but I think USD would be a pretty solid Big Sky team right now and would've been over the last few years as well. We all know how they've done in the MVFC. Let's see UND "make the jump". Methinks they'll be in for a rude awakening.

I think they would do just fine in the MVFC. They have a coach who rebuilt his roster focusing on solid defense and an offense designed to run the ball effectively.

They beat Poly and are unbeaten in the BSC although they are fortunate to not have EWU or MT on the schedule. Poly beat SDSU who is currently tied for 1st in the MVFC.

ndsubison1
11-06-2016, 03:42 AM

Its a better situation for them than the Big Sky. How does that not help their recruiting?

BisonTeacher
11-06-2016, 04:07 AM
This reminds me of a proverb stated a few times on Looney Tunes cartoons: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

It reminds me of a proverb too. Who is the bigger fool? The fool? Or the person who argues with the fool?

:-). Goodnight.

Edit..not talking about you. Just quoted you because of the proverb part.

Professor Chaos
11-06-2016, 04:18 AM
I think they would do just fine in the MVFC. They have a coach who rebuilt his roster focusing on solid defense and an offense designed to run the ball effectively.

They beat Poly and are unbeaten in the BSC although they are fortunate to not have EWU or MT on the schedule. Poly beat SDSU who is currently tied for 1st in the MVFC.

Meh... it's totally subjective either way but I don't see it. They play MVFC-lite football right now IMO. To me they seem to be a more inexperienced and less talented version of YSU (who should be fresh in our minds). Very good defense, good RBs, solid O-line, garbage QB play.

Bubba definitely has them trending in the right direction. His recruiting should only improve with their success this year so they've definitely got the capability to be a good MVFC team, I just don't see it right now. I'm guessing they'll get a chance to prove it in the playoffs since they're very likely to play either SDSU or NDSU depending on whether they're seeded or not.

BlueBisonRock
11-06-2016, 04:42 AM

If you pick your nose (or other such unsavory acts), you will likely not bite your nails.

BadlandsBison
11-06-2016, 04:47 AM

Or as Don Izzo does. But he knows who butters his bread.

That's easy for Craig to say. He's on the receiving end of FBS sized checks.

lol you're on fire tonight

DIBISON
11-06-2016, 05:28 AM

I agree, UND will do just fine in the MVFC. They may compete for a conference championship every now and then and be in the playoff mix most years. However, their style of play makes them an annual contender for the Big Sky conference championship and a playoff berth. Like you mention, they have a win over Cal Poly this year but that doesn't mean much now based on recent results, not early OCC games. UND could be a Big Sky conference champ but moving to the MVFC they'll be a contender. Too much to overcome when you're located in Grand Forks, ND.

Christopher Moen
11-06-2016, 05:28 AM

Maybe they have cooties?

Seriously though, UND being in the MVFC isn't going to result in NDSU losing recruits to them unless the staff and players fail and the team becomes insignificant. Need proof? Just look at the battles NDSU wins against other MVFC teams. The Bison are so successful that the other teams need FBS transfers to compete with NDSU.

Also, leaving for the Sun Belt or any other crappy G5 conference could lead to UND winning recruiting battles. Winning FCS National Titles is more intriguing today for talented kids than playing in a no-name bowl. Just look how well NDSU does recruiting against G5 schools the past few years.

Christopher Moen
11-06-2016, 05:30 AM
If the hawks enter the conference the rivalry will return intact. Might take a little while. They're not a bad football team.

Look how difficult it is for SDSU to win in their rivalry with NDSU. It would take a long time for UND to just reach SDSU's level.

BisoninNWMN
11-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Maybe they have cooties?

Seriously though, UND being in the MVFC isn't going to result in NDSU losing recruits to them unless the staff and players fail and the team becomes insignificant. Need proof? Just look at the battles NDSU wins against other MVFC teams.
Also, leaving for the Sun Belt or any other crappy G5 conference could lead to UND winning recruiting battles. Winning FCS National Titles is more intriguing today for talented kids than playing in a no-name bowl. Just look how well NDSU does recruiting The Bison are so successful that the other teams need FBS transfers to compete with NDSU.
against G5 schools the past few years.

Wasn't one or both of the DEs for YSU FBS transfers? One for sure I think.

BisoninNWMN
11-06-2016, 11:00 AM

This here.

They are basically a Valley team playing in the Big Fluff.

gizmo
11-06-2016, 11:23 AM
All I know is that it would be fun to knock the Irrelevants from South Pembina around every year.

southcliffbison
11-06-2016, 11:41 AM

And if they did, they would have two more losses like the f'hawkers had last year and the year before and so forth.......their record wouldn't look so rosy. One freakin' year of success without playing the elite of the Pig Sty Conference and everyone's jacking off. Personally, I don't want them in the MVFC; the Summit........meh.

NDSU92
11-06-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm not scared of them like some are in this thread, which I think is absolutely ridiculous, btw. I just hate them and don't want them in our conference.

El_Chapo
11-06-2016, 12:32 PM
you can really tell whos from hoople and whos moved on... some of you are embarrassing to NDSU. we need to strive to be bigger not revert back to the NCC 2.0. western illinois, iupui, oru, ipfw, denver, they will vote no.

EC8CH
11-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Any way NDSU can set the terms of their entry into the MVFC so that all games against the Bison would be played in Fargo?

That'd be great.

No_Skill
11-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Who does this benefit more UND or NDSU?

I would absolutely love it if the MVFC said yes and UND started the process and at the 11th hour we hold a press conference where we say "on second thought..."

pucknut9
11-06-2016, 12:56 PM
I for one would be to the 2 schools play every year. Miss the rivalry.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 01:24 PM
UND joining the conference absolutely hurts NDSU long term. Peeps can get mad at me all they want for dumping ice water on this, I'm just telling you what WILL eventually happen. NDSU has been better at football in the past and seen the whole thing flip. You want to open up the door for another round of the Jim Kliensasser era, or possibly worse, then let them join the MVC and stay in it with them and you will eventually get that. I wish people had the foresite, but if you want to get your dumb little rivalry game back.....whatever. Have fun

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 01:32 PM
UND joining the conference absolutely hurts NDSU long term. Peeps can get mad at me all they want for dumping ice water on this, I'm just telling you what WILL eventually happen. NDSU has been better at football in the past and seen the whole thing flip. You want to open up the door for another round of the Jim Kliensasser era, or possibly worse, then let them join the MVC and stay in it with them and you will eventually get that. I wish people had the foresite, but if you want to get your dumb little rivalry game back.....whatever. Have fun

Absolutely. Who fucking cares about the rivalry game. Let them flounder in the Big Sky.

This is a bad thing for Bison football. Who care about the SL aspects. Baseball? When was the last time anyone watched a NDSU baseball game?

EC8CH
11-06-2016, 01:36 PM
They should just go back to D2 except for hockey. Works for half the teams they play in the hockey playoffs. It's really all they care about up there anyway.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Absolutely. Who fucking cares about the rivalry game. Let them flounder in the Big Sky.

This is a bad thing for Bison football. Who care about the SL aspects. Baseball? When was the last time anyone watched a NDSU baseball game?

Correct. ZERO positives for Bison football in staying put while UND elevates their program. This eventually harms NDSU 100% guaranteed

Bison bison
11-06-2016, 01:41 PM
the mvfc is a one sport conference. it should have a round robin schedule. it doesnt now and this would likely move it further away.

anyone who doesnt get this or agree with it is a f#cking moron.

Vet70
11-06-2016, 01:50 PM

You may well be right. I do not want them in the Valley and want as little to do with them as possible. But, there are a couple of issues that have gotten intermingled. One is their joining the Valley. The other is linking an FBS move as the solution to potential problems that arise from their move. I can see their posts know about how we are so afraid of them that we want to run away. Things change and like it or not they will eventually have a few better years than we will. As Darrell says, the worm will turn, although he doesn't understand that worms turn slowly. As I said last night, there may be legitimate reasons and arguments as to why we should move up, but I don't see this as one of them. We should have an official "Any Excuse Is A Reason to go FBS Thread." On that issue, I would never say never (again), but just because people keep beating the same dead horse over and over, it's not happening in the foreseeable future.

semobison
11-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Look how difficult it is for SDSU to win in their rivalry with NDSU. It would take a long time for UND to just reach SDSU's level.

Actually SDSU got to the playoffs faster than NDSU after the transition. In 09 they made the playoffs and had beaten us in four of the last six games. Then we took over until this years game.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 02:00 PM
You may well be right. I do not want them in the Valley and want as little to do with them as possible. But, there are a couple of issues that have gotten intermingled. One is their joining the Valley. The other is linking an FBS move as the solution to potential problems that arise from their move. I can see their posts know about how we are so afraid of them that we want to run away. Things change and like it or not they will eventually have a few better years than we will. As Darrell says, the worm will turn, although he doesn't understand that worms turn slowly. As I said last night, there may be legitimate reasons and arguments as to why we should move up, but I don't see this as one of them. We should have an official "Any Excuse Is A Reason to go FBS Thread." On that issue, I would never say never (again), but just because people keep beating the same dead horse over and over, it's not happening in the foreseeable future.

If I thought that it would somehow be manly to stay put and face them, and put them in their place I'd be all for that but I see it differently. I see that mentality as barring the way from the possibility of leaving them buried in our wake. I think you are right in that there is no guarantee of success in an NDSU move up, but I believe going MW, for example, would elevate NDSU's football recruiting and program as a whole. I think we are far more likely to be Boise than UMass. Right now we have probably the best football teams NDSU has produced with NFL talents and teams that can beat P5. I think the right move up improves on that. Is there risk, yes, but staying put while UND elevates to our level will for sure eventually hurt NDSU's current success

Bisonguy
11-06-2016, 02:01 PM

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Actually SDSU got to the playoffs faster than NDSU after the transition. In 09 they made the playoffs and had beaten us in four of the last six games. Then we took over until this years game.

They now have nicer practice facilities and a nicer stadium than NDSU. It is going to be a dog fight moving forward.

The only recruiting advantage NDSU has right now over SDSU or UND is that we can play the "we're the national champions" card. That will not last forever. We don't have better facilities or offer better academics. Do you remember what happened in the 90's once we stopped winning championships? Recruiting became much much tougher and NDSU became an average football program.

UND is not USD. They are in our state. They actually have good facilities. The college life in GF is significantly better than Vermillion. They have much wealthier alumni. They, historically, have been a good football program.

Keeping them out of the MVFC is better for every other MVFC program. It's better in terms of recruiting and better for the structure of conference play. The only program that benefits from this is UND. Fuck them.

tjbison
11-06-2016, 02:16 PM

are you serious???

HerdBot
11-06-2016, 02:19 PM
They now have nicer practice facilities and a nicer stadium than NDSU. It is going to be a dog fight moving forward.

The only recruiting advantage NDSU has right now over SDSU or UND is that we can play the "we're the national champions" card. That will not last forever. We don't have better facilities or offer better academics. Do you remember what happened in the 90's once we stopped winning championships? Recruiting became much much tougher and NDSU became an average football program.

UND is not USD. They are in our state. They actually have good facilities. The college life in GF is significantly better than Vermillion. They have much wealthier alumni. They, historically, have been a good football program.

Keeping them out of the MVFC is better for every other MVFC program. It's better in terms of recruiting and better for the structure of conference play. The only program that benefits from this is UND. Fuck them.

If you think the Bunnies new stadium is a recruiting advantage over the dome, you are wrong. It's new and shiney but that's it. However it is an upgrade of epic proportions compared to their old stadium. (kind of like the Shac now)

I do think Ndsu is at a disadvantage thought not having an indoor practice facility. I guess technically we do with the dome and bubble but we need something permanent.

Better check your history on recruiting though. The 90s had more to do with declining scholarships. However UND did a better job with the smaller numbers and Northern Colorado putting together an amazing run had more to do with our struggles. We didn't go head to head with Northern Colorado back then for players. They were just really good. And our 90s teams were pretty good. Just not incredible.

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 02:19 PM
are you serious???

Lol at peoples' homerism keeping them from seeing what this opens the door to

semobison
11-06-2016, 02:21 PM

We have the "we are the five time defending National Champion" card and nobody has ever had that before. We have the " Hosted game day twice" card, again unprecedented. We have the "our 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft" card. Well...you get where I am going with this. The only way UND beats us for a recuit is if WE...get complacent.
I'd like to keep UND in the BSC but It ain't going to happen...there coming.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 02:23 PM
If you think the Bunnies new stadium is a recruiting advantage over the dome, you are wrong. It's new and shiney but that's it. However it is an upgrade of epic proportions compared to their old stadium. (kind of like the Shac now)

I do think Ndsu is at a disadvantage thought not having an indoor practice facility. I guess technically we do with the dome and bubble but we need something permanent.

Better check your history on recruiting though. The 90s had more to do with declining scholarships. However UND did a better job with the smaller numbers and Northern Colorado putting together an amazing run had more to do with our struggles. We didn't go head to head with Northern Colorado back then for players.

Right it put UND on an even playing field. Right now they are at a gigantic disadvantage trying to recruit teams from this region to play in the Big Sky. Their travel costs are high so they can't pay coaches like NDSU can. NDSU benefits greatly from them playing in the Big Sky. Huge recruiting advantage towards NDSU.

I think this is a done deal. Sad day for NDSU and SDSU.

HerdBot
11-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Right it put UND on an even playing field. Right now they are at a gigantic disadvantage trying to recruit teams from this region to play in the Big Sky. Their travel costs are high so they can't pay coaches like NDSU can. NDSU benefits greatly from them playing in the Big Sky. Huge recruiting advantage towards NDSU.

I think this is a done deal. Sad day for NDSU and SDSU.

I think the Big Sky actually offers some recruiting advantages. Do you want to travel to California or Illinois in November? I mean really.

UND was already making plans to increase their budget because they were operating in the red. This help all 4 Dakota teams financially with bus trips and gives us a travel partner which helps with scheduling. It will help all 4 Dakota schools with sold out games in many sports.

Seems like your implying the only way we can be successful is if UND is broke, which is preposterous. You can only worry about yourself.

We just can't get complacent and we will be fine

tjbison
11-06-2016, 02:39 PM

wow...really?? this thread is BAD

CalBison97
11-06-2016, 02:40 PM
I wonder if UND would be jumping ship if the Big Sky were 5-time defending national champions. Financially, I am sure they would have found a way to make it work (big donor). Will UND ever admit it was a colossal mistake to shun the Dakotas, stay in DII, and eventually get into the 'prized' Big Sky? Never. :rolleyes: Ick.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 02:41 PM
I think the Big Sky actually offers some recruiting advantages. Do you want to travel to California or Illinois in November? I mean really.

UND was already making plans to increase their budget because they were operating in the red. This help all 4 Dakota teams financially with bus trips and gives us a travel partner which helps with scheduling. It will help all 4 Dakota schools with sold out games in many sports.

Seems like your implying the only way we can be successful is if UND is broke, which is preposterous. You can only worry about yourself.

Ya clearly NDSU is struggling selling out football games. Who gives a flying fuck if this benefits SDSU or USD.

I prefer, along with many UND fans, the current state of the MVFC and not playing in that disgusting rivalry game each year. I have not seen one post on how this would help NDSU's football program.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Has NDSU's athletic programs been better off with UND or without UND?

bisonaudit
11-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Agreed! Why should we leave the NCC? All of our historic rivals are here and outside of Northern Colorado, they are all within driving distance. We don't have any conferences that want us right now and why would they? We are going to flounder through transisition and will fall deep into debt. This will destroy our Athletic programs, mark my words. In addition to all of that, is the $ problem. We will never raise enough money to compete at DI athletics, it's insane what it cost. People in North Dakota just don't care enough about NDSU and DI sports in general. Let's be honest, UND Hockey is easily the number one sport in the state. They were on ESPN2 2 years ago during the frozen four. We will never top that! Lastly, if we move up, we won't have any more NoDak kids on our roster. For the most part, kids in this state and upper Midwest just aren't cut out for DI football. The Gophers take all the good talent and we will still have to fight for scraps with our old NCC brethren. To be competitive, we will have to recruit from Florida, California, and Texas, is that who we want to be? I would rather just stay D2 so that some of these local kids can play football and we can be competitive in our region.

The reason we moved up was with scholarship reductions at the DII level we had more money than we could possibly spend. Standing pat was a guarantee we'd move backward. We were over resourced for that level. That's not where we're at today. Today we're working hard to stay competitive.

BisoninNWMN
11-06-2016, 02:48 PM

Doom and gloom boy I see.

UND in the Valley or Summit will not hurt NDSU.

CalBison97
11-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Who ultimately decides admittance to the MVFC? Commissioner alone? School president's vote...of which a simple majority? Is there an actual benefit to other universities to have more teams in the MVFC?

NDSUstudent
11-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Who ultimately decides admittance to the MVFC? Commissioner alone? School president's vote...of which a simple majority? Is there an actual benefit to other universities to have more teams in the MVFC?

Presidents make the call.

X-Factor
11-06-2016, 02:59 PM

Jesus, you really think 18 yo kids choose their college based on what the weather will be like for their road games in the month of November? :facepalm:

thebigund
11-06-2016, 03:04 PM
:bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::b unnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bun nyb::bunnyb::bunnyb:

No_Skill
11-06-2016, 03:05 PM
Someone convince me that this is better for NDSU than UND and i'll be on board.

I'm waiting...

Vet70
11-06-2016, 03:06 PM
:bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::b unnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bunnyb::bun nyb::bunnyb::bunnyb:

Be careful what you wish for.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Jesus, you really think 18 yo kids choose their college based on what the weather will be like for their road games in the month of November? :facepalm:

It's pretty simple. UND playing in the MVFC helps them immensely for recruiting. Bubba would not be pushing for this if the opposite were true.bThey won't ever become a powerhouse like NDSU but they will certainly dilute recruits for every team in the MVFC.

The other threat I see to this is Youngstown leaving. It would be a travesty to replace one of the greatest programs in FCS history with UND.

Bison Loaf
11-06-2016, 03:08 PM
What we need is a love ballad from UND to NDSU. Oh wait………………. I think I've got something that just may work.

(you might need to wait a second for the video to load :facepalm2:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AyZAJQgrXKk

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Remember when UND won all those championships back in the NCC days?

Yeah me either.

tjbison
11-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Lol at peoples' homerism keeping them from seeing what this opens the door to
how did what I say infer homerism?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 03:13 PM
Someone convince me that this is better for NDSU than UND and i'll be on board.

I'm waiting...

There is not a single benefit to NDSU.

In terms of SL stability, NDSU and SDSU are better off riding out the SL for the time being. Wichita State will leave that conference. If that happens, they are sitting at 9 and one would think they would take a look at NDSU and SDSU. If you think the politics were bad with NDSU jumping to D1, just imagine the shit storm at the state level if NDSU tried to leave a D1 conference that UND was apart of. Wouldn't happen.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Remember when UND won all those championships back in the NCC days?

Yeah me either.

I remember them winning one in 2001 and playing for another in 2003. The tides had turned and NDSU going D1 changed it.

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2016, 03:15 PM
I remember them winning one in 2001 and playing for another in 2003. The tides had turned and NDSU going D1 changed it.

So do you also remember what precipitated that shift?

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 03:17 PM
So do you also remember what precipitated that shift?

UND was put on a level playing field with NDSU. That's exactly what would happen once they are admitted into the MVFC.

Vet70
11-06-2016, 03:19 PM
It's pretty simple. UND playing in the MVFC helps them immensely for recruiting. Bubba would not be pushing for this if the opposite were true.bThey won't ever become a powerhouse like NDSU but they will certainly dilute recruits for every team in the MVFC.

The other threat I see to this is Youngstown leaving. It would be a travesty to replace one of the greatest programs in FCS history with UND.

If this is as plain and true as you say there is nothing to be concerned about. Certainly, a majority of coaches and Presidents will be bright enough to see that UND to they Valley is not in their best interests.

That raises another issue. Assuming President Bresciani is still here can he vote against them? I can see it now, fire Bresciani, save UND.

NDSUstudent
11-06-2016, 03:19 PM

You know what turned the tide? NDSU hiring Taylor and Bohl.

2011BisonAlumni
11-06-2016, 03:27 PM

I disagree. If NDSU had stayed D2, it wouldn't have mattered. Going D1 before UND was what did it. Kids in ND and Minnesota were offered the chance to play at a D1 level instead of D2. It was a huge advantage towards NDSU. They were allowed to recruit a region in the upper Midwest that was filled with talent, under recruited and didn't have a lot of competition.

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2016, 03:30 PM
NDSU was brought down, UND didn't go up. I would consider UND to be in the USD/Western Illinois category if they made it into the MVFC. Surprise you with a couple seasons but usually lower. Remember, you don't get to feed on the Big Sky schedule if you're not in the Big Sky.

What did Bubba do at SIU? Hell, he even had Dale Lennon who was the head coach for those awesome playoff runs in 2001 and 2003.

Pissing down your leg at UND? What kind of cuck shit is this?

No_Skill
11-06-2016, 03:33 PM
The history lesson was fun, but i'm still waiting..

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/observing.gif

thebigund
11-06-2016, 03:35 PM

I'd actually go with Joe "Put It All On Black" Chapman

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2016, 03:36 PM
The history lesson was fun, but i'm still waiting..

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/observing.gif

Despite what we think, the world does not revolve around NDSU. I personally think it would be neutral.

thebigund
11-06-2016, 03:40 PM
NDSU was brought down, UND didn't go up. I would consider UND to be in the USD/Western Illinois category if they made it into the MVFC. Surprise you with a couple seasons but usually lower. Remember, you don't get to feed on the Big Sky schedule if you're not in the Big Sky.

What did Bubba do at SIU? Hell, he even had Dale Lennon who was the head coach for those awesome playoff runs in 2001 and 2003.

Pissing down your leg at UND? What kind of cuck shit is this?
You must really love crow. It has to be a delicacy somewhere. What should scare you and the other delusional NDSU fans is that UND is still building. This isn't a peak for us. We're at least 2 years away from being done with the building phase and starting the maintenance. We're not even close to our potential yet, NDSU is maxed out or perhaps already did according to a lot of the brilliant minds on here. I hope NDSU doesn't take a step back though, I them at their best.

Bison Loaf
11-06-2016, 03:41 PM
We are all getting a little ahead of ourselves, aren't we?

In my opinion, this is a much easier deal to be had with the Summit because of the long-term uncertainty and stability of the schools there (auto bid concerns). The MVFC might be, and probably is, a whole different story. And I'm guessing UND is going to try to link the two together as an ultimatum…………….."no MVFC invite, no acceptance of the Summit".

So, IMO, this is far from a done deal. Lots of Institutional politics to be played yet, and votes to be taken, IF it ever gets that far. And even if it does get that far, UND's track record says that they find a way to screw it up anyway.

NDSUstudent
11-06-2016, 03:42 PM
We are all getting a little ahead of ourselves, aren't we?

In my opinion, this is a much easier deal to be had with the Summit because of the long-term uncertainty and stability of the schools there (auto bid concerns). The MVFC might be, and probably is, a whole different story. And I'm guessing UND is going to try to link the two together as an ultimatum…………….."no MVFC invite, no acceptance of the Summit".

So, IMO, this is far from a done deal. Lots of Institutional politics to be played yet, and votes to be taken, IF it ever gets that far. And even if it does get that far, UND's track record says that they find a way to screw it up anyway.

Those texts between Faison and conference commissioners show this is already very far along. The stuff from Patty V is to me a game changer.

Vet70
11-06-2016, 03:46 PM
You must really love crow. It has to be a delicacy somewhere. What should scare you and the other delusional NDSU fans is that UND is still building. This isn't a peak for us. We're at least 2 years away from being done with the building phase and starting the maintenance. We're not even close to our potential yet, NDSU is maxed out or perhaps already did according to a lot of the brilliant minds on here. I hope NDSU doesn't take a step back though, I them at their best.

One of the biggest things that have helped you "build" this year is your cupcake schedule. Look at your SOS.

Bison Loaf
11-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Those texts between Faison and conference commissioners show this is already very far along. The stuff from Patty V is to me a game changer.

What stuff from Patty V, and what did that stuff specifically say? I don't see anything in the article.

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2016, 03:52 PM
One of the biggest things that have helped you "build" this year is your cupcake schedule. Look at your SOS.

Seriously. who's the delusional one?

thebigund
11-06-2016, 03:57 PM
It's 38th. Really no where near as weak as people say it is. It's not top 5 but it's not bottom 5 like people pretend it is.

No_Skill
Despite what we think, the world does not revolve around NDSU. I personally think it would be neutral.

Oh, I agree, but i expect the leaders at NDSU to make decisions based on what is in our best interests and not take a 'well...whatever' approach.

This is a big decision and needs to be weighed carefully. How is this good for NDSU now or in the long-term?

NDSUstudent
What stuff from Patty V, and what did that stuff specifically say? I don't see anything in the article.

He is texting directly with Patty V about Big Sky timelines and when they could join the MVFC. That discussion isn't happening unless this thing is far down the line.

The article also implies the Summit, Big Sky and MVFC commissioners all met in Chicago.

thebigund
11-06-2016, 03:59 PM
The move just makes too much sense geographically and historically.

Vet70
11-06-2016, 04:13 PM
It's 38th. Really no where near as weak as people say it is. It's not top 5 but it's not bottom 5 like people pretend it is.

How many Valley and Big Sky teams are ranked ahead of UND? Do you have a link?

thebigund
11-06-2016, 04:15 PM
How many Valley and Big Sky teams are ranked ahead of UND? Do you have a link?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a5fyXQ1VFjfIv5D2smHVYsFVK_MTPmyn3GENY6oJr_M/htmlview

Bison bison
11-06-2016, 04:16 PM

its a shitload better than sam houston state's....

Vet70
11-06-2016, 04:30 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a5fyXQ1VFjfIv5D2smHVYsFVK_MTPmyn3GENY6oJr_M/htmlview

Not bottm 5, but unless I missed something 6th in the Fluffy and you would be 7th in the Valley.

NorthernBison
11-06-2016, 04:40 PM
The texts make it clear that this isn't idle chatter. UND is a good fit for the Summit and the MVC schools in the MVFC don't really have all that much influence anymore.

Many of them, with the exception of UNI, will quickly fall behind UND. Let's face it, most of them suck at football.

Buffalo.Rider
11-06-2016, 04:52 PM
I don't have a vote, and even if I did my vote likely would not count for much. However, I oppose (100% oppose) UND becoming part of the MVFC.

NDSU does not need the distraction of having UND in the conference.
UND does not need the distraction of having NDSU in their conference.

Both teams are doing well in the conferences they are in, and IMO this is in part b/c they aren't contending with each other (in the media, in public opinion, etc. etc.) every week of the season.

I will add that I simply don't like the idea of having UND in the conference. I think the rivalries with SDSU and UNI (particularly SDSU) are richer and better, and are healthier.

StL Bison Fan
11-06-2016, 05:27 PM
So much for the "we dont need another team in the MVFC". Do we not play two teams for two years?
My negitivity is selfish. I dont want to go to GF every other year.

thebigund
11-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Not bottm 5, but unless I missed something 6th in the Fluffy and you would be 7th in the Valley.
The Valley comparison is irrelevant because if we were in the Valley our SOS would be overrated like all the other Valley teams.

Vet70
11-06-2016, 05:50 PM
The Valley comparison is irrelevant because if we were in the Valley our SOS would be overrated like all the other Valley teams.

I am not following why. Because they play NDSU? If that ts why, how is it overrated if that is who they play?

ZHerd
11-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Doom and gloom boy I see.

UND in the Valley or Summit will not hurt NDSU.

Cold reality. Spin it positively all you want but you're dead wrong

thebigund
11-06-2016, 05:55 PM
I am not following why. Because they play NDSU? If that ts why, how is it overrated if that is who they play?

UNI and YSU are hugely overrated, both top 10 in Sagarin, and that turns everyone in the Valleys schedule into the "toughest".

HerdBot
11-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Ya clearly NDSU is struggling selling out football games. Who gives a flying fuck if this benefits SDSU or USD.

I prefer, along with many UND fans, the current state of the MVFC and not playing in that disgusting rivalry game each year. I have not seen one post on how this would help NDSU's football program.

It's not all about what benefits us. It's about what benefits the conference. They bring a solid program and it helps with fan interest. If you want to see how it could hurt UND? What if they perform like USD did the first 6 years?

El_Chapo
11-06-2016, 06:34 PM
the texts make it clear that this isn't idle chatter. Und is a good fit for the summit and the mvc schools in the mvfc don't really have all that much influence anymore.

Many of them, with the exception of uni, will quickly fall behind und. Let's face it, most of them suck at football.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

youre a und fan. Hows your boner?

Bison bison
11-06-2016, 07:28 PM
adding und adds fan interest to whom?

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Hey Chapo, you chickenshit. Come on out here and call people losers in plain sight so you can get your ass banned again.

Dumb fuck.

THEsocalledfan
11-06-2016, 08:41 PM
One nice thing if UN_ got in is it would shut up undies who thinks the Sky is better when his team finishes in the bottom 3.

southcliffbison
11-06-2016, 08:51 PM
The move just makes too much sense geographically and historically.

Yo, undies, you can take or geographical and historical reference and shove that up your ass.

thebigund
11-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Yo, undies, you can take or geographical and historical reference and shove that up your ass.

Only if you hold my Fighting Sioux buttplug for me.

IBleedYellow
11-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Only if you hold my Fighting Sioux buttplug for me.
If that means I get to shove it up your ass as far as possible. Sure.

No lube, either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FCS Nation
11-06-2016, 09:13 PM

No lube, either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Supji8wGVyc

thebigund
11-06-2016, 09:21 PM

No lube, either.

Be careful what you wish for...

http://youtu.be/VId7EOTTOSw

Green1
11-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Well, this thread has taken an unexpected turn. :facepalm:

Bison 4 Life
11-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Well, this thread has taken an unexpected turn. :facepalm:

This is exactly where it belongs.

BisoninNWMN
11-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Cold reality. Spin it positively all you want but you're dead wrong

Do you believe in the boogy man to?

:rofl:

Oh ya, nice neg rep from lakes. Little man must be bored today.

El_Chapo
11-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Hey Chapo, you chickenshit. Come on out here and call people losers in plain sight so you can get your ass banned again.

Dumb fuck.

lets see, I say "Loser" in private.... you say "chicken*** & dumb ***" in public. who needs to be banned????

unbison
11-06-2016, 10:16 PM

Dumb fuck.

I see your taking the high road

Mr Meaty
11-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Looks like some may need a timeout.

1998braves64
11-07-2016, 12:44 AM
LOL :facepalm: :hide:

In the end NDSU only has a small say in this. Like has mentioned in the past they could only vote against if the vote is completely confidential (not likely as someone probably leak it...) and it didn't end up being the deciding one.

I've gotten used to them not really being around. Pretty sure I can kick it into full gear again though.

In the end we the fans have no control other than to say donate as a group 10 million a year every year to move FBS, otherwise it is going to completely not be worth it and we will become irrelevant as you already fear with being associated with UN_ in the same conference.

EightyfourBison
11-07-2016, 12:53 AM
Regardless of which conference the fighting hawks play in, they will still have teh hockies (men's and especially women's) sucking the lifeblood out of all the other sports.

On a side note. I listened to part of the men's hockie game on the way home from Fargo last night. (the goofers won) They sure have those radio announcers trained well. Not once did I hear "fighting hawks"

Bisonator98
11-07-2016, 03:11 AM
I don't have a vote, and even if I did my vote likely would not count for much. However, I oppose (100% oppose) UND becoming part of the MVFC.

NDSU does not need the distraction of having UND in the conference.
UND does not need the distraction of having NDSU in their conference.

Both teams are doing well in the conferences they are in, and IMO this is in part b/c they aren't contending with each other (in the media, in public opinion, etc. etc.) every week of the season.

I will add that I simply don't like the idea of having UND in the conference. I think the rivalries with SDSU and UNI (particularly SDSU) are richer and better, and are healthier.

I agree with this. The summit move would be fine and makes a lot of sense for all parties if they keep baseball. The MVFC has no room for another team. It's one team too many now. Would be nice lose YSU to the CAA so we could get back to a round Robin schedule.

HerdBot
11-07-2016, 03:58 AM
I agree with this. The summit move would be fine and makes a lot of sense for all parties if they keep baseball. The MVFC has no room for another team. It's one team too many now. Would be nice lose YSU to the CAA so we could get back to a round Robin schedule.

I would hate to lose Youngstown. Proud solid program with a good fanbase, good facilities, and a commitment to win. One of my favorite games. Now if you're talking Indiana State I could care less if they would leave. They bring nothing to the conference. Historically a mediocre team, mediocre facilities, and horrible fan support. They make us all look small time.

NorthernBison
11-07-2016, 05:41 AM
I would hate to lose Youngstown. Proud solid program with a good fanbase, good facilities, and a commitment to win. One of my favorite games. Now if you're talking Indiana State I could care less if they would leave. They bring nothing to the conference. Historically a mediocre team, mediocre facilities, and horrible fan support. They make us all look small time.

True but, if we were to lose anybody it would be the outlier and not an MVC or Summit program.

Christopher Moen
11-07-2016, 07:50 AM

The reason I choose to wrestle at NDSU was for its beautiful winters and nothing to do with its historical greatness.

tony
11-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Yes, UND folks were absolute pricks. I mean, despicable, mealy-mouthed, simpering half-men who were embarrassments to themselves, the state, and humanity. Their president. Their AD. Their coaches. Their supporters in state government. Their media mouthpieces. Pricks, the lot of them.

And some of them still are.

That said, I want NDSU to continue to be better than UND in every possible way and that means that NDSU has to support UND's bids to get into the MVFC and Summit. I have my doubts that the rest of the MVFC will want them, but I'm in no position to say for sure, and maybe NDSU can change some minds.

VirginiaBison
11-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Someone on last nights blog pointed out that the MV Commish was opposed to an 11 team unbalance league.... so either no to UND or need to find another partner for balance and make 2 6-team conferences. Also pointed out was if there were 2 conference, there would be no championship game as FCS does not allow for championship games.

tjbison
11-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Someone on last nights blog pointed out that the MV Commish was opposed to an 11 team unbalance league.... so either no to UND or need to find another partner for balance and make 2 6-team conferences. Also pointed out was if there were 2 conference, there would be no championship game as FCS does not allow for championship games.

which all this right here is exactly why it would be a stupid move...but im guessing its all but done for them to join the Summit which is perfect, but i have my doubts that the Illinois schools and YSU would want anything to do with this unless they come up with parameters for them to save costs, but like everyone else we already dont play every team and it sucks. I hope the MVFC thinks long and hard about this I dont want this conference turning into the FLuffy with 14 teams

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2016, 02:30 PM

To be honest, I don't really see the difference between an 11 team unbalanced league and a 9 team unbalanced league we were in before USD

The Summit probably needs UND enough (although dropping baseball hurts their value) to allow them an in with the MVFC.

I would say that their lock yes votes are SDSU, USD, NDSU, and WILL, they only need to get a couple more out of them.

El_Chapo
11-07-2016, 02:35 PM
After Spending Sunday travelling, I have spoke with Fan Representatives of the Summit/MVFC universities.

Summit Voting to allow und in:
WIU - NO (financial reasons)
Iupui - NO (financial reasons)
IPFW - NO (don't want another Dakota trip, fly then bus)
ORU - NO (don't want another Dakota trip, fly then bus)
Denver - Maybe
Omaha - Maybe
USD - NO (big sky hatred still)
SDSU - Yes (cuz they are wimps)
NDSU - NO (if theres a secret vote)

3-4 yes' 6-7 no's

MVFC:

UNI - HELL NO
WIU - NO
SIU - NO
YSU - NO
MSU - NO
ISU R - NO
ISU B - NO
USD - yes
SDSU - yes
NDSU (no if secret vote)

I just don't see them getting the votes

BisonBacker
11-07-2016, 02:41 PM
,Why are people in such a rush to run away from UND?""

People have way to short a memory. Look back to the last half a century or even more. I for one enjoy the new rivalries we have. I don't miss the backstabbing. Wanting them in the same conference is like saying I want to sleep with an aids infested Rosie O'donnell with the guarantee I'm going to get crabs and pictures of it all would be made widely available on the internet. No thanks.

Professorbum
11-07-2016, 03:14 PM

Enter Wichita State, stage left.

56BISON73
11-07-2016, 03:16 PM
I don't get what's the big deal about an unbalanced conference. We don't play everyone in our conference any way.

Mr Meaty
11-07-2016, 03:28 PM
I don't get what's the big deal about an unbalanced conference. We don't play everyone in our conference any way.

There is a difference. It could affect how many OOC games we have if we would go to a 9 game conference season. This would still leave one team off the schedule. If we only stay with 8 conference games then 2 teams are left off the schedule. Right now I believe SDSU and UNI will always be on our schedule. Missing one team a year is acceptable not two and also still really want 3 OOC games. Despite FBS games harder to get there is that chance to still get them and have a cupcake and maybe a solid FCS team.

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2016, 03:36 PM
After Spending Sunday travelling, I have spoke with Fan Representatives of the Summit/MVFC universities.

Denver - Maybe
Omaha - Maybe

3-4 yes' 6-7 no's

MVFC:

UNI - HELL NO
WIU - NO
SIU - NO
YSU - NO
MSU - NO
ISU R - NO
ISU B - NO
USD - yes
SDSU - yes
NDSU (no if secret vote)

You trolled their boards. Most of them at YSU, MoState, and ISU want to replace themselves with UND and move or drop football.

HerdBot
11-07-2016, 03:42 PM

Denver - Maybe
Omaha - Maybe

3-4 yes' 6-7 no's

MVFC:

UNI - HELL NO
WIU - NO
SIU - NO
YSU - NO
MSU - NO
ISU R - NO
ISU B - NO
USD - yes
SDSU - yes
NDSU (no if secret vote)

Reality is this would benefit outside teams for travel because the Undies would be a travel partner. Fly to Fargo. Bus to grand forks. Fly back. It would make sdsu and USD a travel partner too.
I know you don't want to hear it but this is undeniable.

bisonaudit
11-07-2016, 03:43 PM
There is a difference. It could affect how many OOC games we have if we would go to a 9 game conference season. This would still leave one team off the schedule. If we only stay with 8 conference games then 2 teams are left off the schedule. Right now I believe SDSU and UNI will always be on our schedule. Missing one team a year is acceptable not two and also still really want 3 OOC games. Despite FBS games harder to get there is that chance to still get them and have a cupcake and maybe a solid FCS team.

There's a good argument here. We wouldn't want to end up with the 5th best team sharing the conference title because they didn't play anyone in the regular season and didn't have to face the best team in a conference title game.

tony
11-07-2016, 03:44 PM

Back in the NCC, back in the Great West, and heck, back in the MVFC right up until USD was added to the MVFC, excluding season when games were cancelled, no team in NDSU's conference won a conference title without playing the best team. Since adding USD, ISU-Red won a conference title without playing NDSU one year, and then got seeded over NDSU in the playoffs the next year. To me, that means that two out of three conference seasons have been flawed.

Now add another team (or two teams), and a team could win a conference title without playing the best two (or even three) teams. I detest the huge conferences in the FBS - but at least they have a conference championship game.

Maybe, given the trouble putting schedules together, the MVFC could add another conference game... or even two if the season goes to 12 games. It'd be insane to add UND without 8 yes votes though. People might be willing to say aloha to YSU, but it'd be a pretty brave move to alienate Missouri State, SIU, ISU-Red, and ISU-Blue.

2011BisonAlumni
11-07-2016, 03:44 PM
They should do what is right and drop Football. We could have one football program in the state to put the resources behind and one hockey program.

2011BisonAlumni
11-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Back in the NCC, back in the Great West, and heck, back in the MVFC right up until USD was added to the MVFC, excluding season when games were cancelled, no team in NDSU's conference title was won a conference title without playing the best team. Since adding USD, ISU-Red won a conference title without playing NDSU one year, and then got seeded over NDSU in the playoffs the next year. To me, that means that two out of three conference seasons have been flawed.

Now add another team (or two teams), and a team could win a conference title without playing the best two (or even three) teams. I detest the huge conferences in the FBS - but at least they have a conference championship game.

Maybe, given the trouble putting schedules together, the MVFC could add another conference game... or even two if the season goes to 12 games. It'd be insane to add UND without 8 yes votes. People might be willing to say aloha to YSU, but it'd be a pretty brave move to alienate Missouri State, SIU, ISU-Red, and ISU-Blue.

Blows my mind that Patty V and the rest of the MVFC would be willing to piss off one of the best FCS programs in history to bring in UND.

If anyone wants to see a diluted MVFC by all means support this move.

El_Chapo
11-07-2016, 03:48 PM
You trolled their boards. Most of them at YSU, MoState, and ISU want to replace themselves with UND and move or drop football.

Not True at all, you are some kind of stupid aren't you?

Ive talked some higher ups

Bison bison
11-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Back in the NCC, back in the Great West, and heck, back in the MVFC right up until USD was added to the MVFC, excluding season when games were cancelled, no team in NDSU's conference title was won a conference title without playing the best team. Since adding USD, ISU-Red won a conference title without playing NDSU one year, and then got seeded over NDSU in the playoffs the next year. To me, that means that two out of three conference seasons have been flawed.

Maybe, given the trouble putting schedules together, the MVFC could add another conference game... or even two if the season goes to 12 games. It'd be insane to add UND without 8 yes votes. People might be willing to say aloha to YSU, but it'd be a pretty brave move to alienate Missouri State, SIU, ISU-Red, and ISU-Blue.

So much this. 9 works perfectly for a single sport conference.

There
doesn't appear to be anywhere near a strong enough reason for the MVFC to get cute.

The Summit could use another member/UND would be a great fit. That would help Summit League members of the MVFC, but not enough to offset the costs.

The real winners in this would be Illinois State redux, those eastern teams who miss NDSU and UNI in the same season.

If the MVFC will fall to 8 members, I'm all for adding UND.

Bison bison
11-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Blows my mind that Patty V and the rest of the MVFC would be willing to piss off one of the best FCS programs in history to bring in UND.

I'm shocked by how bad some people are at the bigger picture/more strategic parts of their jobs. Being able to fill out paperwork is important, screwing up mergers/acquisitions is long-term critical.

56BISON73
11-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Back in the NCC, back in the Great West, and heck, back in the MVFC right up until USD was added to the MVFC, excluding season when games were cancelled, no team in NDSU's conference won a conference title without playing the best team. Since adding USD, ISU-Red won a conference title without playing NDSU one year, and then got seeded over NDSU in the playoffs the next year. To me, that means that two out of three conference seasons have been flawed.

Maybe, given the trouble putting schedules together, the MVFC could add another conference game... or even two if the season goes to 12 games. It'd be insane to add UND without 8 yes votes though. People might be willing to say aloha to YSU, but it'd be a pretty brave move to alienate Missouri State, SIU, ISU-Red, and ISU-Blue.

Even with out adding another team I don't understand not playing everyone in our conference.

Bison03
11-07-2016, 03:56 PM

Look, I don't like UND by any means; but how would adding them dilute the Valley/Summit? A geographically close school with great facilities, past common ties to current members, and a stable member that isn't going anywhere. You realize that by saying the things you are, you are giving the impression that you are scared to have them directly compete against us. What happened to "Bring on the Competition?" I would look forward to kicking their ass on a regular basis again if that were the case!!

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Look, I don't like UND by any means; but how would adding them dilute the Valley/Summit? A geographically close school with great facilities, past common ties to current members, and a stable member that isn't going anywhere. You realize that by saying the things you are, you are giving the impression that you are scared to have them directly compete against us. What happened to "Bring on the Competition?" I would look forward to kicking their ass on a regular basis again if that were the case!!

this is kind of what my position is. Why are we whining about this so much?

thebigund
11-07-2016, 04:35 PM

ISU r was pretty clearly the second best team in the land that year. It would be different if some average team pulled it off but that team was really good and proved it in the post season.

StL Bison Fan
11-07-2016, 04:45 PM

Isnt this happening this year in the Big Sky? If und were playing those other teams would their record be the same?

Bisonator98
11-07-2016, 05:08 PM
this is kind of what my position is. Why are we whining about this so much?

I can't speak for others but I don't want another MVFC school until 1 or better yet 2 current schools leave. I like playing everyone in conference. It's already bad enough not playing 1 team. 2 would be just like the BSC where a weakling gets in the PO's because of scheduling luck.

I have no issues adding them to the Summit.

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2016, 05:09 PM
I can't speak for others but I don't want another MVFC school until 1 or better yet 2 current schools leave. I like playing everyone in conference. It's already bad enough not playing 1 team. 2 would be just like the BSC where a weakling gets in the PO's because of scheduling luck.

I have no issues adding them to the Summit.

With the 24 team field, that is almost inevitable now.

To me, I don't care about the other teams, I think mine can take them all.

tony
11-07-2016, 05:19 PM
ISU r was pretty clearly the second best team in the land that year. It would be different if some average team pulled it off but that team was really good and proved it in the post season.

Yeah, ISU-Red was really good in 2014 - still doesn't change the fact that the second best team got a conference championship without playing the best team. And it really bugs me is that they got seeded higher than NDSU in 2015.

ByeSonBusiness
11-07-2016, 05:23 PM

The mega conference thing is stupid I agree. 10 is ideal. 9 conference games. Play everyone. Sure looks like UND is coming though....guessing the Valley teams are doing it to appease the Summit?

Bisonator98
11-07-2016, 05:29 PM
With the 24 team field, that is almost inevitable now.

To me, I don't care about the other teams, I think mine can take them all.

So you're OK if we lose 2 conference games and end up tied for 5th in the MVFC with a 8-3 record some year because 3 teams are ahead of us with 1 or 0 losses because they didn't have to play the top teams in the conference? Maybe only 4 teams get in that year and you can kiss a seed goodbye as well.

roadwarrior
11-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Why do some of you think this is a done deal? Just because the Forum reported that they were having "discussions" with conferences? Sounds like most of those discussions were with the Big Sky on what date they could leave. There has been no campus visit nor any invitations by the Summit or Valley Football. It comes down to voting by the presidents of the schools. Usually if it isn't unanimous, a school is not invited.

My guess is that the Summit is likely, the Valley isn't likely to happen. The hawks would remain in the BSC for football.

tjbison
11-07-2016, 05:33 PM
The mega conference thing is stupid I agree. 10 is ideal. 9 conference games. Play everyone. Sure looks like UND is coming though....guessing the Valley teams are doing it to appease the Summit?

MVC has no reason to appease the Summit...none